Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

BRUKIr4.png

Nodding back to her captain, Mio stared around at the other captains and lieutenants. She let out an exasperated sigh at the fact that she had to be awake for this at all. On one hand she was interested in the actual case at hand. But on the other, she was more or less bored with having to hear little to nothing about the whole thing. Mostly though, she would probably only give half of her attention to the meeting.

For the most part she ignored everyone that had begun to speak before the Captain-Commander came in. Not too much longer and the man finally came to start the meeting. Of course, he was just as fairly annoying as usual when he finally walked in. Shortly before he began speaking that his lieutenant showed up as well. The timing that she had somewhat impressed Mio, but that was the extent of her concerns for the lieutenant.

Once the prospect of going to Nagoya was brought up, it peaked Mio's interest. Now her full attention was on the meeting, not just half of it as before. While she was interested in actually going, the idea of trying out one of Captain Yukimura's Gigais was fairly off-putting. She would rather not risk her health for the sake of a prototype, no matter who made it. But she would do it if it meant she could get a change of scenery. Getting away from Soul Society was something she loved to do.

While she waited a bit longer to say anything, she was definitely interested in volunteering. When Captain Kenpachi had refused to go and just left Mio felt she should follow. Although, she was more interested in going for a little exploration. It took only a bit longer before she finally made her decision. She was not going to pass up this chance.

"I'm up for going to Nagoya. Pretty sure I'd be quite useful." Her prideful tone had coated over the indifference that she normally had. It was clear that she felt she would be more useful to the specific situation than some of the other. "Although, I'm not the most keen on the Gigai. I'd rather just stay away from those."

Soul Society
Seireitei - Captain's Meeting Hall
lp0wKKz.png

Kayami heaves her shoulders a bit, letting out a tired sigh, at least a few of them wanted to go but good portion wished to stay, and even fewer wanted to use the Gigai. Kenta and Tora were the only ones to not outright dismiss the idea, most of the rest would operate with the typical limiter or had faith in their own natural suppression capabilities. She could always order them into it, she did have that authority after all, but uncooperative subjects weren't the best if you wanted results.

"Well then, it seems we are in a general agreement. Lieutenants Rei, Kenta and Captains Kagesutchi, Kazuoshi, Kusanagi, Maekawa, naturally I myself, have to go. That makes Seven, but I rather an LT in place of one of the Captains.. A few also did not make their opinions known. Either way I do not wish for much more over this number.. Ah well, I'll prepare only Two to Three of my Gigai, I also may use one, given I've been studying the humans for quite some time and it gives me a chance to directly study some of their technology. Well Captain Commander;" She says bowing slightly to Renzo, I leave final arrangements to you and for the other Captain's and Lieutenants to decide among themselves. I need to make arrangements for us on the other side as well..."

Seemingly annoyed or disinterested, Captain Yukimura waves her left hand in the air in a fashion to say bye. Dismissing herself from the meeting. "I'll have a plan for when it's time, if you need anything else, you do know where to find me." Walking off with her hands in her pockets and Zanpakuto at her side, the Captain did at least seem eager to prepare the logistics behind this. If she had missed calling any of the others out, it could be debated if it were on purpose or simply forgotten, though she was happy the Barbarian decided to stay away, that one would have likely only wanted into the human world for the liquor. A thought she didn't bother to give voice towards.

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI
1st DIVISION MEETING HALL

"Hmm!" The Captain Commander was not satisified at all. The meeting thus far was a mess. The Gotei 13, or most of them were bickering with one another. There was no point in interfering with them, not now. Observing the conversation between them all, he eventually turned his attention towards the Captain of the third division.

"That is precisely why we're sending you lot to investigate." Like Aiji Kusanagi, there was no evidence behind the issue in the World of the Living. A sigh escaped his lips. Some of the Captains were already leaving, some were about to.

Tapping his Zanpakutō on the floor once again, he raised his voice. "There will be a team formed under the Captain of the twelfth division for the time being. Those who are hand picked by Kayami will join her. Anyone else who would like to volunteer--" He took a pause, gazing at some of the Shinigami at the meeting hall.

Some had already volunteered. Even the youngest Captain decided to help with the investigation. "Or HAS already volunteered! Can get in touch with Akira.." Once Renzo was done giving out orders, Akira sighed. Not because of the Captain Commander, but becauase of the others at the hall.

"In two hours, by the west entrance, I'll be preparing a senkaimon for the team. I expect those who have been picked out and those who have volunteered to be there." Her eyes landed on the back of her Captain. Renzo grunted, before he walked through the meeting hall.

Waving his hand in the air, he added. "You're all dismissed!" But what was the point? They didn't listen to much of what the Captain Commander said, but perhaps that was because of his attitude. However, now, there was another matter that needed their attention. Akira followed suit, leaving with the Captain Commander.

Now, those who would visit the World of the Living, had to prepare themselves for what was to come. Those who stayed behind, would join the 5th, 8th and the 10th division in raising the security around Seireitei, and investigating anything unusual or suspicious in Rukongai.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Red Thunder
yTEk4k1.png

"Kaoru, could I bother you to take care of the rest of these? I was supposed to be going to that meeting, though knowing them, it's over already," Minori asked a subordinate in the office.

"Weren't both second and first seats supposed to be at that meeting?!" Kaoru gaped, eyes growing wide as platters while Minori pursed her lips, glancing at her fingernails.

"Tell me, does this nail look a little crooked to you? I got it done at a little lady's shop over in the Rukongai, and I'm pretty sure she didn't do it right... Oh, well, you get what you pay for," Minori said, pointedly ignoring Kaoru's question as she sighed. She brushed back a strand of hair into the elaborate up-do she'd worked it into that morning. A golden pin sat through the tight bun on the top of her head, a tassel and bell jingling as she turned to look at Kaoru, the boy still standing there uncertainly.

"Oh, you poor dutiful dear. You'll be fine! The reports won't bite. And the Captain is too lazy to," Minori assured, patting his shoulder. "Tata!"

With that, Minori bustled out of the office. As soon as she walked out of the office, she drew herself up into a more regal, stiff posture, her face a careful mask of stately composure. I do really wonder if Ikeda will be able to tell me a thing that happened in that meeting. More likely than not, he was too busy zoning out... I probably shouldn't have skipped the meeting, but that backlog was horrendous. Nevertheless, she did feel a thrum of unease, knowing that her absence would be noted. She was already aware that there may be some who thought she used her family name to gain special favor, as was typical for the nobility.

Nevertheless, she wasn't about to let the whole Seireitei know her discomfort. She walked - not trotted, not ran, not even making use of shunpo - and, for all anyone could tell, she was on a leisurely stroll to release some stress. She wandered to the administration building, aware that she should probably catch Ikeda while his memory was fresh. While she had a vague idea of what they might be talking about - missing Hollows, enough that on her personal trips to Nagoya it was noticeable - she couldn't be sure, and she would hate to make a mistake.

"Hopefully he can forgive me for making him work so terribly hard," Minori sighed to herself.

l7R8QY6.png
Yawning, the meeting quickly divulged into argument and speculation, then again Ikeda supposed he started it. He still wasn't sure why this matter earned so much paranoia from the Head Captain. He still maintained that his theory on it being a powerful Hollow was the most likely cause. Regardless, it was an excuse to get away from that damn paperwork. Furthermore, if he ended up being wrong, he would have to play the old man.

As was to be expected, most weren't keen on the gigai, mainly as Yukimura made them. No telling what from her would help or explode—or in Ikeda's case, booby trapped. Still, aside from the last few comments regarding the fake bodies and volunteering, the meeting was practically over. Eleventh's Captain showed herself out before anyone else. Seriously, why did he get more flak than her? At least he stayed till the end and showed up most of the time.

"Oh, we're leaving now? Meeting over?" As if to confirm his rhetorical questions, the Captain Commander gave a bit more instruction before dismissing them. With a sigh, Ikeda was one of the first to start taking his leave. It could've been worse. No one had gotten on his case thus far, so today was a good day, minus the reports. He'd be going to the World of the Living too—He'd never been. He'd heard things of the Human World but had never seen it for himself. The closest he'd been to it was through his Lieutenant. Even then, Minori never really talked about herself or her activities. All she did was butt into people's affairs, much like he did, as well as bust his—"Ah... Minori..."

By the looks of it, she had come to meet him to get the details on the meeting, that or kill him for ditching her earlier. She always did have the peculiar skill to just pop up despite strolling everywhere...

Staring at her a moment, Ikeda decided to take the initiative. "Yeah... I'm just gonna start briefing you before you have the chance to remark for earlier..." At least he was honest, then again there was little point in lying to the woman. She definitely knew people and how to deal with them. "Shinigami and Hollows have been disappearing in the Human City of Nagoya. For whatever reason, the old man is super paranoid about it and wants a squad of first and second seat officers to go investigate while the rest hunker here," He explained, of course he left out the matter that he'd be going and ditching her yet again to field paperwork, unless she ended up wanting to go, but shirking off work was more Kazuoshi's thing.

"You go there, don't you? Anything weird you noticed? ...Ugh... I'm still betting it's just some damn Hollow..."

yTEk4k1.png

As she expected, the meeting was already over by the time she'd reached the administration building. She visibly perked up as her diminutive, younger captain ambled towards her with some reluctance, and she put on a big smile as he came down. I'll let him sweat, just a little bit. She remained stationary as he approached her, and he launched right into it.

"Yeah... I'm just gonna start briefing you before you have the chance to remark for earlier..."

"Ahaha! Oh, why would I ever do a thing like that?" she joked, waving a hand at him, perhaps in spite of the small twitch under her eye.

While she did enjoy the work, that had been several weeks worth of investigative reports.

"Shinigami and Hollows have been disappearing in the Human City of Nagoya. For whatever reason, the old man is super paranoid about it and wants a squad of first and second seat officers to go investigate while the rest hunker here."

"Oh! So that nasty rumor was right, huh? I had thought that they were horror stories from the 13th, trying to rile up the younger members... Sounds exciting. I can't imagine you would volunteer -- too much legwork," Minori sighed with a knowing, raised eyebrow. He probably did. It gets him away from the filing. Never mind that I do the filing. "Though if you wanted to, I can't blame you. The Human World is such a fascinating place."

"You go there, don't you? Anything weird you noticed? ...Ugh... I'm still betting it's just some damn Hollow..."

Ikeda seemed bored with it, as ever, though his interest in the Living World piqued Minori's own. She had noticed. It was a little like that period of quiet before a storm builds to bowl over a seaside town. Unsettling, but there was no reason to really worry until the matter at hand appeared. She thumbed her chin in thought, eyes glazing over.

"I did notice that things have been altogether less.... unruly. Even for a particularly dangerous Hollow eating the others," she admitted. "Have you ever been? Come, walk with me. I set Kaoru on the task of chasing down the Law department for some of those pesky gray-area cases, so we have a minute to spare. Are you hungry?"

It was perhaps a well-known and notorious fact that Minori could not cook to save her life, and as such, she had perhaps eaten at every restaurant within the Seireitei's walls. Despite having a relatively normal reiatsu for her class and rank, it was not unheard of for restaurants to have a premature celebration as soon as they saw her elaborate robe darken their doorway, considering she had no problem polishing off whole five course meals.

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Soul Society
Seireitei

As the other captains and the single lieutenant planned and conspired to enact the commander's orders as they saw fit, Aiji had only watched in silent humility. Voicing his own intention had seemed almost too much as it was; indeed, Renzo's comment to him seemed to say that the sandy haired captain had merely stated the obvious. So he'd kept his mouth locked tightly, worried that he might say something else.

When everyone had been dismissed, he stayed seated as the others filtered out. Division One stepped out, leaving Aiji to ponder what it was exactly that Renzo was so worried about. It made no sense, sending this much strength to investigate a diminished Hollow presence. Sure, the missing Shinigami were troublesome, but Division Three had that handled.

Rather, they might have. 18th, 15th, and 10th seats of his division were among the casualties suffered by the Shinigami as a whole. They had been … if not friends, exactly, then at the least kind fellow members. Absentmindedly, he spun the wedding ring on his left hand, staring off into space. There hadn't been a heartbeat in so long, so long, he was beginning to think it had been a malfunction of some kind.

Grunting, he stood up and headed for the entrance, hands in his pockets as he sauntered out. Passing by Yasuke, Aiji patted him on the shoulder, grateful to see his friend, before emerging into the light outside to prepare his division for his absence.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
xZdzG08.png

As everyone was dismissed, Kairi looked around with a slight huff and shrugged. Looking to her own Captain, Kairi put a hand on his shoulder and stood by Shuzo's side, "If you're really going, you don't need me telling you to be careful. I'll be down by the meeting place as a send off but unless they ask me to go, I'll stay here and help with the plans around the Seireitei. I'm gonna go catch Hanabi-san before I miss a chance, maybe I'll lighten her mood."

Giving a wave to her Captain before he could say a word, she smirked before flash stepping away, reappearing some distance away from Captain Kenpachi. Still carrying a slight grin, Kairi called out as she casually walked over, "Oi, Hanabi. You're not going to ditch so early just yet are you? There's something I wanted to give ya' Captain, got it from the place I've been visiting recently." She did however stop talking to give the 11th Captain a chance to respond, adding in something related to the meeting however, "Don't know if I'll be going if I'm needed, but if they ask of me, I won't turn 'em down.. Aside from that, with Shuzo going, you'll have part of the 2nd Division giving a hand as well around the perimeters..."

@BlueFlameNikku
@Karyra

Soul Society
Seireitei - Division 12HQ / Exterior
lp0wKKz.png

With the meeting now out of the way, or rather her calling it short on her own end, likely to spite the Old Man. In the end the Gotei 13, weren't likely to just listen then and there. Approaching her assistants it seemed her second seat was still away. "Tch, useless.. Prepare prototypes 47, 12, and 7 for deployment in Nagoya. I shall be out for some time.. Do not lax off on your assignments, I will be back. Also, prepare for Data collection, be this Hollow or something more I want the Data on hand for future use.."

Getting a chorus of affirmation with mixed looks of worry and relief from her underlings, Kayami takes a look at her computer displays pondering the situation, she was responsible for this operation, which was an odd choice, more so as she would likely have to end up using a Gigai herself and her specialization was Science, R&D, not investigations and special operations.

"Well maybe that's why you asked for me, Old Man Renzo.. Just how much do you know? Or should I say expect me to learn? Oh well.. it's time I put my plans in motion.. or at least formulate said plan. Really Old Man, you left me with much to do.. An annoying meeting it is then."

Making use of a junior member of her Division, Kayami snaps her right finger, calling for the aid who mostly stood off to the side, smart enough to ignore her prattling.

"Yes Captain Yukimura, how might I be of service?"

"Prepare a Hell Butterfly, I have a simple message I want sent to Captain Kusanagi of the Third Division. As follows;..."

Waiting for him to call forth the curious little being, she begins to speak. "Captain Kusanagi, I would like to have words with you in regards to Nagoya, your Division tends to handle Reconnaissance. I mostly wish for maps or Humans of Note, the Spiritually Aware if you prefer. If you have nothing at all I'll just make do on the spot. I'll be walking towards the Kido Corps headquarters, or perhaps away from it if you wish to track me down.

Send it. Also, do keep to the shadows, if only to give me messages, otherwise, leave me to my job.. And do ignore anything you hear.."

Ultimatly it did not matter much, in anycase he could just use another Hell Butterfly to respond with the information she needed. A face to face meeting was not needed, at least this one was a curious sort. Wandering the Seireitei about her own business without bothering to conceal her presence, anyone that was with the investigation team would have little trouble in tracking her down.

@Red Thunder @anyone else really

Last edited:
Yasuke Noboru 7th Div Capt Banner.png

Instead of Captain Bayroad answering his question, Captain Kazuoshi took it upon himself to do so. He did bring up a valid point on the limiters. If they needed the Gentei Rein lifted for whatever reason, they could definitely outlast whatever they'll be facing long enough to do so. "You're probably right Kazuoshi, maybe I'll get a challenge out this." The large squad that would be going to Nagoya should be able to handle this without lifting the Gentei Rein.

Before Captain Bayroad could even resolve the meeting, Captain Hanabi had already excused herself from it and remarked that if things go to hell to call her. Hopefully, that wouldn't be necessary and things would go off without a hitch. Soon the meeting ended after she left and those participating in this mission were to meet up at the Senkaimon in 2 hours. As the others seated officers exited the meeting hall, Yasuke felt a hand patting his shoulder and glanced up to see who it was. It was Captain Aiji Kusanagi, a Captain who was more an actual friend than a comrade to Yasuke. "Evening Captain Kusanagi." He responded with an indifferent tone as he stood up and followed Aiji out the meeting hall.

He stopped beside him and kept his usual flat expression on his face. Might as well see how the new captain is handling things. "Aiji, how the new position treating you? I imagine it's as taxing as you expected. I guess you'll be getting a break now thanks to our sudden assignment." As he waited for a response from Aiji, Yasuke looked towards the sky as he did earlier before arriving at the meeting hall.

Yasuke motioned to the sky with an open hand. "Isn't what we have here beautiful?" The Soul Society's sky was fantastic, even when cloudy, pouring or thundering their sky was still breathtaking, at least to Yasuke. "Well find our missing Shinigami for sure and bring them home. I'm missing one Shinigami, and I'm going to chew them out when I find them." He had a smile on his face when he said that. "After that, I'll treat them to their favorite meal, the least I can do after I kill them a few times." Having Captain of 3 division with would be very useful, probably would be best paired with Captain Kagesutchi.

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Soul Society
Seireitei

Aiji chuckled at his friend's gallows humor, nodding appreciably.

"Don't be too hard, Yasuke; it probably wasn't their fault. But I'll keep my eye open for your missing subordinate; I'm missing three of my own. A part of the job, I suppose, but it's always unexpected." He fell silent, admiring the Seireitei with his friend. The brief moment was soothing, in its own way, the gentle breeze cooling the lingering embarrassment he felt from the council. It brought some modicum of peace, to stand beside Yasuke and merely exchange pleasantries, serving as a reminder of easier days when he was merely on patrol instead of organizing them. It was perhaps why Aiji undertook so many journeys to the World of the Living; he was desperate to avoid the damnable paperwork that came with the job and simply do what was enjoyable.

And maybe, just maybe, find some sign of his lost wife.

"Being First Seat is … a different experience. I'm not entirely sure I enjoy it, but it's easier to keep Third Division members safe, so it's all worth it. And you?" The corner of his mouth upturned in a playfully mocking smile. "Still keeping that hair pristine despite the work, huh? You-"

Like the falling of small bits of glass, the soft chime of a bell rang in his ear, and Aiji turned his head to see the black wings of the messenger before him. It landed on his lifted finger, silently communicating the delivered message before taking once again to the air.

"Sorry, Yasuke," Aiji sighed as he gave his friend another pat on the shoulder. "Seems like work never ends; Captain Kayami is asking to see me."

Giving him another smile, the Second Division captain vanished, Shunpo carrying him to Twelfth Division's barracks with deafening speed.

His instincts took him to the laboratory, sure that the Twelfth Division captain was prepping her gigai for whomever was using one. At the door, he paused. No, he couldn't feel her reiatsu within. Spinning on his heel, he strode down the halls, determined to not pay attention to the ... strange unfamiliarity the scientifically oriented building gave him. But finally he get her draw close.

"Captain?" Aiji raised his voice in greeting, falling back on the formality of address in his discomfort. "You wanted to speak to me?"

@RedArmyShogun

Last edited:
  • Love
Yzltcps.png

The warm feeling of excitement surged through Kenta as the meeting dispersed. Finally, Nagoya; Town of… The Lieutenant wasn't sure, exactly. Contradictions and various bias' had always informed his understanding of the place; at times wondrous, primitive, gaudy, beautiful, hideous. To reconcile all those various descriptors, those kaleidoscope pieces, Kenta confessed he could hope for little else.

Still.

"Captain Maekawa, with your permission, I would be willing to assist in drafting an impromptu plan of action for our division should…" Kenta thought back to the absence of the Fifth, Eighth, and Tenth Divisions - what manner of preparations necessitated not attending an 'urgent' meeting? "... some unexpected development occur back in the Seireitei while we're absent."

The thought troubled him as he made his way to the Twelfth Barracks. Surely nothing would go amiss, but was he eschewing his duty to Law and Order alike, in meandering to the Other World?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Doctor Jax
km0piar-png.153086
Captain Kenpachi would stop her strides and turn slightly towards the familiar voice and appearance of Kairi. Her expression changing from bored and annoyed to a more subtle smile. "Oh please, I'm sure you were just as surprised as any of them that I actually bothered to show up, Kairi. Besides, halfway through that meeting it was obvious most of what would be going on wouldn't either interest or involve me."

"I'm sure those in my division will appreciate the help. I almost wish something would fucking happen just so I'd have something to do other than divvy out my paper work to my third, fourth and fifth seats and do drills."

"Wait...you got me something?" Hanabi's eyes seem to light up just a little bit as she looked up (Kairi's taller height still to this day throws Hanabi off just a tad) into the lieutenant's eyes. All other thoughts now pushed aside for the moment.

@Detective Zero

Qpno2SH.png

The Soul Society
Seireitei
Shuzo silently watched the rest of the meeting go by. Ultimately, some would stay while others went to the Living World. He'd be going, and while it was odd for a captain to go, he wanted to see how things were going with his own eyes. It might be nothing, but it might be something worth his attention too. Better to go over-prepared than under.

Kairi said where she'd be for the send off, but honestly, Shuzo had no inclination on having to stop anywhere. If he grabbed his Captain's robes he might end up tipping off people if they were indeed traitors. Surprise was crucial to catching the enemy here, and they were going in with only some information. While they weren't short on forces...

Shuzo decided that he needed to check on the Gigai. They were crucial to the operation at hand, and very few had volunteered to enter them. Shuzo couldn't blame them. They were difficult to master as well as uncomfortable to boot. If one stayed in long enough it would be fine, but to some that would be too long.

With only a little Shunpo, Shuzo walked towards the twelfth division headquarters, arriving just in time to see Captain Kusanagi spin on his heel to try and find the mad scientist by Reiatsu. Shuzo knew better than to let himself wander separately from the other Captain, so he flloed close behind.

"Ah, I hope you don't mind that I tagged along as well, Captain Kayami. I was curious to see these gigai you're so proud of."
Shuzo smiled softly. "Plus, I wanted to talk to Captain Kusanagi as well, so it works out for me if you're both in the same place."

@RedArmyShogun @Red Thunder

Reactions: Red Thunder
Soul Society
Seireitei - Exterior / Division 12HQ
lp0wKKz.png

"Ma'am, I have a message from the Division."

Says her assistant, suddenly popping out into view, at least this time an active Hell Butterfly. Narrowing her eyes Kayami was not in the least happy with this interruption.

"Yes?"

"This is Kozaki, Ma'am two Captains have came here to seek you out, they are making way to your central lab now, we've left a clear path to there."

"And why are the defenses and containment not active?" She asks sharply waiting for the hand radio like conversation to continue in kind.

"We... didn't think that was prudent..I mean they seem to be looking for you and sticking to the main lab together, we were not sure how to deal with that.. it far surpasses your simulated requirements, plus we normally only attack him..." The feminine voice responds in kind with some slight hesitation.

"Well I guess the traps would not be effective on two Captains working together, still you should have at least threw your bodies at them, but then again that would be a waste of resources.. Just leave them be as you have. Oh and do have another aide on hand. Some civility should be shown to our guests.

As for you, do go to the Kido Corps and arrange the transfer..be quick about it-"

With that the Shinigami Captain doesn't wait for a response, using her Shunpo skills to quickly leave the area, her request suddenly made sense for another aide, this one simply could not keep up with his Captain. Fortunately for Kayami she had simply and physically walked about outside, not gaining too much in way of distance from her headquarters.

Closing the distance fairly rapidly, she had reached the lab in time to detect Aiji broadcasting his presence and Shuzo voicing his question.. Were they guessing or had they sensed her, hiding her presence wasn't one of her skills after all, still the timing was funny.

"Oh but of course I don't mind. Guests are always welcomed, though its a shame a few field tests didn't happen on the way.."

She says in response to the latte's question, shimmering into existence suddenly with hands in her pockets, smile to her face. A lab coat wearing aid suddenly comes in the doorway behind his captain, panting as he did so. Gaining a look of ire from his boss, the male quickly recovers.

"As to that other question, I was just out actually attempting to arrange the transfer. They should either be undergoing final checks or being ready for shipment now, but allow me to show you both the way. Or perhaps I'll just put them on monitor unless you wish for a direct inspection. I wouldn't ever have someone else use equipment I considered unsafe." She says lying through her teeth on the last bit. Looking at her subordinate, the woman's smile is still fixed showing no sign of her falsehoods.

"Captains Kagesutchi and Kusanagi are our guests, bring us some tea and cups. Ah yes, the western set, the should get to try some Tea from there, let's keep it simple, Darjeeling should be agreeable, and some rice crackers.. Just a small amount, and patch in the monitor, you did install the new one, yes?"

"Yes Captain Yukimura, we installed it shortly after you b...requested it. I-I'll be back with the Tea at once!"

Noting the icy glare for his near screw up, the man had a bad feeling about this.

"Oh, have Kozaki bring the tea, you should really see about cleaning up Test Chamber Four. It won't take you long and you are less delicate than she.."

Bowing low in respect, the aide quickly leaves as Kayami switches on the main screen, flipping through various channels by a touch screen, the Gigai seemed to be in the maintenance bay still.

"As you can see they look more plain than the typical Gigai minus of course the lines on the legs and segmentation. Coupled with the soul candy a release can be achieved fairly quickly. As to what the lines are for, I've compressed the internals, think of them as Matryoshka Dolls... ah it is a type of stacking toy from the Human World, the point is this allows the dolls to compress and expand their size in various places, thus it's possible for Shinigami not of the same exact size to quickly swap said Gigai, cutting down on our maintenance efforts and needing to mass produce several specialized models around specific body types. I've also been experimenting with ceramic plating to make up for structural defects common across all the Gigai, but that is still being worked on.

Moving along this also allows for different genders to swap the dolls out fairly quickly, the default form will revert if no soul is present, but of course that doesn't mean one can simply swap into and out of them instantly, but it does beat having to send them back every time we want to change the user. Also I have been working on more of mimicking features of humans and an extended operational time, but that is still also in testing. Overall in most aspects they are a step above my predecessors work. Unfortunately the issue around clothing is not one I can resolve, we must use the old ways to solve that.."

Not elaborating much on some aspects of what she said, Kayami finishes her lengthy explanation as a young female Shinigami who was in more traditional garbs enters the room, if anything could be said to be odd of her it would be her straw hat with it's so called blinding sheets. Effectively just paper that traditionally showcased a servant who was blind and deaf to their masters affairs, being a fairly small girl compared to her taller Captain, she pushes in a small cart that contained some tea cups, tea pot and a plate of small rice crackers, with sugar and milk in small cups to the side.

"Greetings Captains, I am Third Seat Kozaki Kaede, your tea is ready Mistress."

"Ah, good, she's a family Servant that wished to join the Division, you may speak openly with her about. So what more questions or information did you have for me? Would you like to see the Gigai up close?" Grabbing a cup as Kozaki pours some of the brown liquid, she then puts in a single sugar cube, as Kayami smells it briefly before taking a sip.

"Tea?" She asks the two, pot held above the fancy china cups.

@Red Thunder @Karyra

• Love
Reactions: Akashi
jmHU66L.png

Tora's haori fluttered as she stepped outside of the meeting hall, the sleeves of the pristine white haori draped past her hands normally. It was custom tailored for her fighting style, but that was a hidden secret from most of the Captains on just what her Shikai and Bankai could do. Her amber eyes lost deep in thought that she didn't even realize her Lieutenant was still following, eager to help in the World of the Living. "Hm? Oh. No need Lieutenant Tajiro. I have plans already set in place should me or my Lieutenant be gone." The plans had been made hundreds of years ago when Tora was younger and a new Captain.

"We will see what Nagoya has to offer us, I'm expecting nothing." Captain Maekawa was going to the World of the Living to make sure the Laws they have in place are met and carried out. If the Shinigami that had gone missing truly did abandon the Soul Society to spend more time in the world of the living, she would not hesitate to arrest or even execute. She couldn't trust the others going on this expedition to do the job. Some of the missing Shinigami were friends or squad members, but the law was the law. She hope it wouldn't have to come down to it, but she was prepared if it does.

"The world has changed drastically since my last visit. It has been over eight hundred years since I had a task in the World of the Living." Tora was a freshly appointed member of the Eleventh Division when she was younger, hot headed and arrogant like you would expect a Noble of her caliber to be. She was the third seat just off the entrance exam and was tasked with hunting down a strong hollow that was avoiding patrols. She was in charge of a small squad that day, and she had let them all die to the Hollow before killing it herself. She could have saved them but she chose not to. She made a conscious decision that day to let them die.

"Do you think I am a good person, Lieutenant Tajiro?" Captain Maekawa asked calmly, amber eyes looking up towards the blue sky.

Those painful memories still fresh even after all this time. She could still remember the tears running down the face of the last boy who's body was torn in half by the Hollow's powerful jaw. They were weak and she liked hearing their pained screams, and it scared her.

She transferred to the Sixth Division shortly after and was promoted to Lieutenant, and then Captain. "I need to prepare. I apologize for wasting your time with my trivial question Lieutenant Tajiro, and do not worry about me. I just had a walk through some old memories." Nodding her head politely to her Lieutenant and then disappearing with the use of Shunpo.

She made way for the Maewaka Family Mansion.

xZdzG08.png

@BlueFlameNikku

Smirking lightly, Kairi was a little amused by Hanabi's interest to what she had to show, giving a nod as she reached into the folds of her attire, "I figured you haven't been able to find much time to yourself lately, so I thought why not.. I was enjoying some earlier.." Kairi ended up pulling out a black sake bottle with white letters on it, a nice decent size, bigger than the white one Kairi was drinking from earlier, "Thought you might appreciate it if you ever get a break from blowing out ears and breaking faces, hehe.. You know I'd be more than willing to give a hand in that regard to whip your men into shape.. Unless Mio is capable of it."

Handing the bottle over, Kairi then rubbed the side of her neck and let out a rather loud crack followed by a grunt as she moved both arms up and behind her head, "It does feel a bit overkill with so many first and second seats going.. But, if it's what the old man wants.. They better find something out or this would've felt foolish to deploy so many numbers. Still, as much as I like a few healthy threats floating about, nothing wrong with some actual peace."

l7R8QY6.png
Taking note of an eye twitch, Minori was obviously irritated. Well, not obviously. More like subtly, but that was the biggest sign you were likely to get out of her. Seriously, it was almost a joke, someone as candid as Ikeda was to have a Lieutenant that was so—difficult to interpret at times.

At her remark about the mission being too much legwork for him, Ikeda narrowed his eyes. "Hey... I don't have a problem with legwork... I have a problem with paperwork..." Though that wasn't completely true either. If he had an option, he'd prefer to be lazing about with zero responsibilities. It would've been more accurate to say he had less of a problem with legwork than desk work. Regardless, he scoffed at her mention of the Human World. What was so fascinating about it? Then again, his Lieutenant certainly enjoyed the art of people-watching, so watching a bunch of weak, spiritually unaware idiots stumble around a world they knew little about was probably like an A-Grade Comedy to her.

Soon enough Minori began explaining what she had seen on her little field trips, or rather what she hadn't seen and an offer of food was made. Ikeda still wasn't sure how such a small woman could eat so much without blowing up—though despite his own limited experience with women, he knew it probably wasn't for the best for him to mention that...

"I could eat... Then you can tell me what makes the World of the Living so damn interesting... and since you've known the old man for longer, you might can also tell me why he and half the other officers are blowing this whole thing out of proportion."

yTEk4k1.png

Minori barely managed to hide a small, exceptionally pleased smile as she said, "Well then, Captain, do follow me! Oh, you'll love the place, really, it's just a darling little Shabu-shabu place decked out to look like something out of the Three Kingdom's period..."

Luckily for Ikeda, this particular walk wouldn't be far. The restaurant was only a little ways from the administration building, at best a block, and Minori's description had been more than apt. Despite the Japanese menu of hotpot meals, the place was Chinese in appearance, down to the waitresses wearing period-accurate Chinese robes. After they were seated, Minori immediately ordered something like twenty-five different ingredients for the pot in the middle, snapping her menu shut and slamming it down before leaning forward to look Ikeda in the eye scandalously.

"So you haven't been to the Living World yet, no? I don't remember saying you have. Or if you have, it's been a while. Let me tell you! That place changes at the drop of a hat. Slang, fashion, technology - blink, and it's gone! Just like that," she said, snapping her fingers. " It's quite fascinating, really! You never know what you're gonna get. So you should really look at what people are doing, or else you'll really stick out like a sore thumb, and we can't have that. A lot of it I think you'll recognize already, but on the off chance you decide to wear a Gigai, just be mindful. Oh! And there are more than a few cute girls walking around."

She winked at him.

"While it may be a bit jarring, you'll get the hang of it, and I think you might even enjoy yourself! I trust you're capable - you're smart, even if you can't be bothered to lift a pen. As far as Bayroad goes..."

As soon as the different ingredients arrived, Minori began pouring them into the pot, not even bothering to ask Ikeda what he wanted in his soup.

"He is overcautious. I personally had thought all that talk of disappearing Shinigami was just wishful thinking on the part of some of the rougher inhabitants of the Rukongai. But, I had heard some other troubling things from other Shinigami themselves. While you're probably right - it's just a particularly strong Hollow - I'd say the fact that there's been so many disappearances in such a short time has given him pause for thought, and it might be better to be over-prepared than losing half a division. You want squid too? Good thinking."

Minori dumped a whole bowl of the things in with a plop!

@EmperorsChosen

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the Soul Society
Seireitei

"Er, no thanks."

Captain Kayami had left Aiji feeling rather breathless with her pontification. He'd merely nodded along stupidity to her descriptions of how the gigai worked, grasping the concept only vaguely. When Kozaki had arrived, a friendly smile had spread across his face in greeting, and he now stood in respect, having risen when she arrived.

As Kozaki saw to Shuzo, Aiji turned back to the subject at hand.

"I'm afraid I don't have much interest in the gigai scientifically; I have no intention of getting into one myself, and I doubt my lieutenant will, either." Was this really what Kayami had wanted to talk about? He shrugged. "It might be good to know what a Shinigami is capable of while inside, though. I'm assuming the Commander intends for those in a gigai to act as a kind of bait. If so, it'd be good to know how capable they are of defending themselves.

"Er, not to say they won't be well protected." He glanced at the other guest apologetically, trying to see whether the Second Division captain had been offended. "I'm sure they will be. But better to prepare for … anything. Given the, um, the circumstances."

@RedArmyShogun @Karyra