Bleach: Fractured Souls (IC)

Yasuke Noboru 7th Div Capt Banner.png

Captain Kazuoshi responded with his usual wisecrack and sarcasm. Captain Yukimura too had some snide words for Yasuke, but conceded his point and would stop entertaining Kazuoshi remarks. With Captain Kusanagi's hand on his shoulder and even the usually silent Maekawa speaking up about this nonsense, Yasuke knew it was time to stop. He had even overlooked Taro's presence and it wasn't appropriate for him to see division heads fighting like this. He would keep his mouth shut for now and focus on his assignment.

Ikeda was the next to try out a Gigai and it seemed to all go smoothly enough. He looked fine, but maybe a malfunction will occur and he'll be stuck in it for a couple days, now that be worth a few laughs. It seemed Aiji and Yasuke's team would be the two of them, which was a problem since one of them would have to use the Gigai. "That's not happing, I need someone who I can pull rank on...Lieutenant Kenta." He looked over at the young Shinigami with a wide and creepy smile on his face. He walked over to him and placing an arm around his shoulder like they were longtime pals. "Eh, Lieutenant Kenta! How about you join our team?" He wasn't asking, everyone who knew Yasuke knew he wasn't asking. Before Lieutenant Kenta even had time to respond, Yasuke was already walking him over him to the Gigai with his hand on his back. "Thanks for volunteering Lieutenant, now get inside the Gigai and get dress, quickly now, come on!" He ordered snapping his fingers for emphasis as he pushed him towards the Gigai.

---
Now with Lieutenant Kenta occupying the Gigai and dressed in some clothes appropriate for the age he appeared, they were now ready to depart. Yukimura's team was the first to leave the warehouse and now it was his team turn to do the same. "Okay guys, let's move out." and with that, the trio walked out of the warehouse and vanished with a shunpo, all three heading towards the city park.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Thunder
World of the Living - Nagoya City Warehouse - City Streets
lp0wKKz.png

Exiting the Warehouse, Kayami waits for the other two, whom true to form were quick to join her. Shaking her head with a sigh, the Shinigami were always a dysfunctional bunch short of performing their basic duties. Her fellow Captain had yet to voice complaint or concern but the same could not be said of the Lieutenant, while maybe not comforting it stood to reason with him at the least.

"Lieutenant Kashiwabara.. No, Hajime-Kun. It is my theory if it is a Hollow then it is a rather powerful one, a very small number of Hollows can be grouped into two subcategories, they are typically bad news, even for seated officers, if junior. We also have numerous enemies from the past, many I've personally.. heh-heh.. studied."

Holding her hands out to the side, talking aloud, she drew more than a few stares from passing humans as she lead her two unseen partners down the twisting streets and wide open roads. "Look at this World around you, not even Seventy Years ago this whole region was in ruins, Ninety not unlike our home, a Hundred, very primitive. Nature when left to it's own devices and the Humans are ever changing, bare in mind so might the enemy, our complacency has often lead to troubles and short sightedness as we live long and seldom grow old. Naturally our enemies too might adapt in tim-ah.."

Speaking logically if not erratically Kayami hums to herself before spinning slightly as they went down a central alleyway, pausing as she did so and pointing out little things the humans had or have done over the years. "...Oh? What's this..? What is this before my eyes..?" Ignoring her two comrades and stopping at a thrift store ran by an elderly man a number of older Video Game Consoles were hooked up to TV's, namely with 8-bit graphics and some more advanced CD based games with 3D environments were on display.

"Hmm.. Old timer, what is this? I've seen your Arcade Machines more than a few times and newer devices.. But not this."

"Huh really? ...well you look like some sort of Doctor or Lab worker, guess you don't get out much, hahaha! Well this was a videogame system when I was your age if you mean the one on the end.."

After the pair speak for a bit and make arrangements for the Console to be shipped to the warehouse with a few other items, Kayami exits the store, seemingly talking to herself to passersby.

"Where was I-ah yes.. As to what we do if the enemy is something new, if it is weaker we capture it, if it's nearly equal we destroy it, if it is stronger or makes it so combat here is too risky, we retreat. You may be at ease Lieutenant. I make calculated risks in my research, information in this case is far more valuable than any sort of honor. Remember that well Hajime-Kun.. Now! Let's head for the Expo-center, hehehe! Ah yes if that bores the pair of you, feel free to patrol the surroundings. As to what you seen earlier, I would like to study and reverse engineer it, the more advanced games they have, most of our people would not understand.

Something simple like this would not be too disruptive and could make a nice source of entertainment for adults and children, better than dice throwing and underground fighting rings at least, when, or should I have children of my own, I would prefer they had these simple machines than making more Barbarians... Oh, do keep it a secret..., I may even allow you two to test the first production run. Either way We'll soon patrol the outer regions, I just want to check the district for odd humans for now."

Leading the trio along she seemed remarkably calm with simple orders. If it was weak capture it, if equal destroy, if stronger or a danger to the region retreat. Though while simple a great many Shinigami would rebuke the notion of retreat that the eccentric Captain was suggesting. Stopping by a Police booth to study the map Kayami compares it to the information from before, as if to look for clues or information.

@Karyra @Akashi

Last edited:
l7R8QY6.png
At this point, the back and forth between the Captains had escalated beyond some simple shit-talk. Ikeda certainly had opened a can of worms from what it seemed as Yukimura lit into him on exactly what she thought of him, what a surprise her opinion was. While the 12th Division's Captain spoke her mind, the others either attempted to change the subject or simply escape the situation entirely. Ikeda himself appeared very quiet at the outburst which was likely a surprise in and of itself. The young Captain made no remark or retort, glancing his eyes in her direction a few moments but quickly returning to the pile.

Clicking his tongue as she left, one might wonder if the woman had got to him, but that wasn't true. Her remarks changed nothing. He could argue further, but what would that accomplish? Unlike her, he was new and mostly unwanted by his peers. Furthermore his position as internal affairs meant that if there were any left unchecked or let to slide, whether it be out of trust for his comrades or a simple mistake, it would be taken as negligence as used as ammunition against him. Ikeda didn't have the luxury of just "trusting" the woman, though he'd be lying if he claimed to.

Trust...

It was a concept Ikeda didn't share with many of his supposed comrades. While they new he wasn't a noble and the fact pissed off the actual nobles, many overlooked what it actually meant. Boast as they might like, the Shinigami didn't have an exceedingly impressive track record of protecting lost souls or those who can't protect themselves. Sure, it's outlined as part of their duties, but it's truly impossible to save everyone. As such, many Shinigami opt to simply focus on the purification of Hollows as it'll hit two birds with one stone.

Trust...

It was because he didn't trust the Shinigami that he became one himself. It was because he didn't trust them to keep him safe, to keep anyone he may come to care for safe. He opted for action despite how most perceive him as lazy. As they say, if you want something done right...

Having equipped some light underclothes, Ikeda inevitably picked out the coveralls suggested by the scientist. "Alright, graveyard it is, Maekawa." With a final look at the map, the boy made his way out of the warehouse and trekked on foot. It was likely he could travel with more speed, but jumping across roofs was likely to draw attention. Besides, he wasn't going to see much in the cemetery, might as well get a good look on the way. It was different than the Soul Society. More advanced, different styles, some of which were rather strange. Technologies, slang, architecture, infrastructure. It was all different. Most of all, he noticed most walking around with a portable glass device. Were they talking to it, or someone else? Was the square glass like their own Hell Butterflies? He couldn't spot any wings—how was it supposed to fly off to deliver messages? What an oversight. Poor, dumb humans.

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the World of the Living | Nagoya City Warehouse

A few shunpo steps away from the warehouse, Aiji laid a hand again on Yasuke’s shoulder, trying for his attention. He stopped in his tracks, Kenta arriving just behind, the lieutenant’s lesser experience with the movement causing him to trail the captains.

“My friend, traveling by shunpo with a visible gigai isn’t the wisest choice in the modern world. Strange happenings aren’t the rumors and utterances of the insane that they once were.” He shoved his thumb over his shoulder, indicating an older teenager standing with mouth agape and staring directly at Kenta. His sudden materialization from the shunpo had caused a small shriek to leave her mouth, and now her cell phone was out, its camera carefully directed toward the man. “We have already passed two others, and eventually someone is likely to be filming when we pass. Best to travel more slowly to keep up appearances. Wouldn’t you say, Kenta?”

The park was, fortunately, not far from the warehouse, and directions were easy enough to give to the lieutenant. After indicating for him to proceed, Aiji fell in behind, stalking and glancing about as was his habit. He spared a look to his friend, shaking his head.

“What was I doing, Yasuke, taking this promotion? Leading is such a hassle, never mind the infinite stacks of paperwork.” It was a pleasant day. Several birds perched in branches or on awnings chirped contentedly to themselves, and around them the Living mingled, mostly minding their own business as they hurried from one destination to the next. Ignoring all around them, including Kenta, who to his credit had taken to mirroring the closed off manner of those around him. A few more blocks, and they would be at the park. “Though I suppose it isn’t all bad; wouldn’t have gotten to come if I wasn’t a captain, eh?”

@Cush Almighty

Last edited:
Qpno2SH.png

Warehouse
World of the Living
Thankfully, things were moved along without a major blowout on either side. Ikeda could be such an ass, though Shuzo supposed that if he knew the man could do the job, that might change his mind. If so, where was he all those years ago, when he could have used the backup of internal affairs. But then again, by then Shuzo had been going as directly to the sources of power. If he'd gone to Ikeda Shuzo might not remember. It was... a busy time.

Shuzo looked at Kayami when she mentioned that killing another shinigami carried a high price indeed. It may be lip service, but it was ironic for her to say in his presence.

Shuzo stayed by her side, quietly playing his role. "Now, don't forget yourself here, we all seem to know my history fairly well."

Hajime caught up quickly, and asked a very good question. "Well, then Lieutenant, we are in for a long fight. I admit to being rather over prepared for traitors, but I'm not sure what else it could be at this moment in time. I'd rather assume that it'll be something bad if it's not Hollows, than be caught unprepared."

Which prompted the other Captain to wander off towards some human thing. Shuzo was entirely lost as to why it mattered or how they'd gotten there while walkng, but he might as well stick close to Kayami for the moment. No point in getting lost right away, anyway. Besides, he could get a general lay of the land by following Kayami, who apparently had come to the World of the Living more often than Shuzo.

How did that box light up like it did? Did humans learn kido?

"Lieutenant. Start your patrol. I'll stay here and follow her. We'll trade off once you return, but it's more important that I'm visible right now."
Shuzo asked. "Oh, and please be careful. If I lose track of you, I won't be able to easily locate you later."

@RedArmyShogun @Akashi

01056a296b5e9574928240acf9ef3e1066122e17_hq.jpg

Division 5th Captain Ishioka
(Same location)
Yoshitaka stays quiet while Minori explains the situation watching her closely. "How unfortunate " He says rubbing the back of his neck before walking over to the last attacker to knee down to his height. "well, at least i could at least make your deaths peaceful " Yoshitaka says patting the man on his shoulder. The man stares at the captain with a confused look on his face. " it's alright, you wont feel a thing" Yoshitaka says raising his index finger revealing a small needle hidden under the lower shank of the ring. "Go on now, may the last hours in this world, be happy ones" Yoshitaka says standing back, still looking down at the man with a warm smile . "Im afraid the moment you decided to attack Lady Tachibana and I, you broke at least three of the Gotei laws, two which are punishable by death"

" maybe I'll add a little lecture of the Laws during my next class at the academy" Yoshitaka says walking away from the man who was still in shock.
"If it may prove difficult for you to take down your old subordinate, might i suggest you let one of us handel it"

"But if there is any hope of talking some sense into him, then by all means, just be careful " Yoshitaka says while walking next to Minori
"a slight pause can prove to be fatal in a fight"
He whispers before looking back at the two captains " i will meet you ladys there, just need to drop some papers off" He says before leaping into the air and vanishing.

( sorry 4 the messy lateness, had to rush this)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
km0piar-png.153086

Captain Kenpachi's expression changed to a toothy grin at what she was hearing. "So we've got a bunch of rats who don't understand what a fight is really about." The captain started to chuckle to herself. "Fighting for sport, for gambling...what a damn joke that is." To Hanabi, fighting was practically a way of life; it was simply fun and all that mattered at the end was who lived and who died. She couldn't care less about it being a trap nor having any element of surprise. She'd leave shit like that up to those who couldn't hold their own.

This head guy intrigued the captain as well. "Interesting~ You've got no doubt he can suppress all of our reiryoku~" Hanabi would have been impressed to hear someone be able to only suppress her own spiritual pressure. She'd start to get goosebumps from the excitement. They'd better not disappoint.

"So where is this party gonna be at? I'm ready to go."

@Doctor Jax

xZdzG08.png

AND

vKw0Ofa.png

Captain Kallen Kurenai - 8th Division

Seireitei
Mentions/Involved:
@BlueFlameNikku - Cpt. Hanabi
@Doctor Jax - Lt. Minori
@Kazuaki Yoshioka - Cpt. Ishioka

"So.. No Shikai eh? That means we can beat up anyone that gets in our way with our fists and whatever other means if we don't use our zanpakuto as is, huh?..." Kairi grinned maybe a bit too sharply at that, starting to chuckle heartily before smacking a fist into an open palm, "Sounds like a hell of a great time if you ask me. Who needs spiritual pressure to keep a blade from slicing you when you can deck the closest guy around the place.. Protect yourself from getting cut all you want, getting something shoved down your throat's still gonna do something nasty... When do we start? I want to get in on that ASAP."

At that, the fox captain looked between the group as Captain Ishioka then vanished after telling Minori something, giving the fox a reason to sigh, "And I was just about to relay everything I learned to you all. It'll be a pain sending another jigokucho over to him without him knowing where to go. That and whether the sent jigokucho will reach its target unhindered... Oh well, come now and I'll show you what I've learned... Those that were corroborating to attack you, Lieutenant Minori-san, weren't expecting anybody sharing your status or above would get involved. While they may see a raid coming, I doubt they'll be prepared to deal with three Captains and two Lieutenants properly. Sure, not everything may go smoothly, but neither will it for them..."

Taking her arms out of her sleeves, Kallen had a Jigokucho sitting on a finger patiently as she gave it the information she received, before having it show the others what she learned; particularly a building, looking to be a storehouse or a warehouse, with a specific number plastered on it: 45. As the image burns itself freshly into their minds, Kallen spoke up again as she let the Hell Butterfly flutter above them, "I'll try to relay it to Ishioka, but we also must be wary. It's possible the three that attacked you may have had others nearby or groups to convene with had they successfully captured you. Were I to garner a guess, if these three were not able to succeed in a certain amount of time, perhaps warning signals would start flaring up for the rest. Time is of the essence if we wish to catch them. Agreed?"

With a silly grin still on the Amazonian's face, Kairi then looked to Kenpachi with a sparkle in her eye and a hop in her step, "Hear that? Sounds like we'll get to have some fun after all. I'm with Hanabi on this one, ready whenever~ let's go!"

WORLD OF THE LIVING
NAGOYA CITY
GOTO, HAMURA & FUYUKI

"AHHHHHHH!!" Excitement filled the air. Hamura was walking around in circles. He was not with his subject at the moment, but instead, was in the room that contained technology that would notify them if something unusual would occur - other than the Hollows, that is. More than one device was beeping.

Reading the data over and over again. Repeating the words under his lips in quick succession, if anyone saw him now, they'd believe he truly is one mad scientist. The data on spiritual energy was skyrocketing. This was different, this was something that needed Goto's attention immediately. "I must tell him.. Yes! I must!!" A sheepish smile was plastered on Hamura's face. Running his fingers through his hair, his expression changed.

For some reason it was serious, it was curious. He was thinking about all the scenarios that were being played in his head. Overthinking? Maybe. Nevertheless, he returned back to his excited demeanor. "Okay okay... This is happening huh!?" Repeating the same sentence in his mind, he quickly picked up his phone.

It had been approximately a few hours since he last saw Goto. Dialing his number, the man behind the operation picked up, but with a rather cheerful and interesting voice. "Ah, Hamura-kun, what is it?"

"Your devices are active. They are in unison with the devices we've placed around Nagoya city. It paid off! Goto-san.. It paid off!!"

"I mean, it must be them, right? RIGHT?!" Oh, there was so many questions running through Hamura's mind, he just couldn't wait to get his hand on someone other than a mere Shinigami of the calibers they got strapped down in their hidden research facility.

Goto on the other hand, did not change his attitude. Rather simple yet laughing ever so softly. "Haha. I can see you're dying to meet them. But yes, I expected them to show up eventually. Perhaps now they've noticed what we've been doing."

"Yes yes YESSSSSSS!!! I'll come right over to --"

"Don't bother, Hamura-kun. Contain your excitement and continue our work. I'll be sure to bring you something in return."

"Also.. Is everything set? We've been preparing for this moment, and I'd like to see what they are capable of."

"YESSS I .. It is.. Just let me know whe---"

"Good."

Hanging up the phone before Hamura could respond, Goto sighed. He was in a place he recently visited. The park, and there he was seated on the bench, watching the pigeons eat the breadcrumbs Fuyuki was handing out. A gentle smile was plastered on his face. It was a good sight before him. Watching Fuyuki feed the pigeons. 'So they're making a move.. Shinigami who have a lot more spiritual energy than the ones we've caught so far."

Pausing in his thoughts, he continued. "Fuyuki, I believe we're about to receive a few guests."

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Yasuke Noboru 7th Div Capt Banner.png

As they moved towards the city park, Yasuke could feel Aiji's hand on his shoulder once again causing him to stop and let Lieutenant Kenta catch up. Aiji brought up the point that it wasn't the sharpest idea to shunpo around with Kenta the way he is now. Doing this has brought unwanted intention in the form of a teenage girl who was now filming Lieutenant Kenta. "Er...I suppose you're right Aiji." He grunted in displeasure before continuing. "I could just dice that little device of hers instead..." He said knowing Aiji wouldn't allow him. "But I'll refrain from that, don't want to alarm anybody." If Aiji agreed with him, it was sayonara smartphone for sure.

Aiji had directed Kenta to go on ahead without them. Yasuke was hesitant to let Kenta go on without support, but he was a Lieutenant after all and could take care of himself. Aiji then brought up his promotion and his slight regret in taking it. When Aiji mentioned the challenges of leading, Yasuke responded accordingly. "Tst, You should have learned from watching your Captain, we both served under one for centries, we shoud at least had picked up on a few things. I'm sure you'll get acclimated to paperwork eventually, just go on autopilot and it will be over...well, it still won't be quick."

"I still can't believed you jumped from 5th seat to 1st, I know that must have peaved off some pissant."
Yasuke responded as he turned his body towards the direction of the park. His mind had turned back to their assignment. "You know, the more I think about these disappearances the stranger it all seems. I'm starting to think one of our own might be up to no good, wouldn't be the first time a Shinigami would betray their own for selfish goals." He looked to Aiji for his opinion if he had one.

The two had left Kenta alone in the park long enough. "It's time we catch up with Lieutenant Kenta. We can chat once we're home, let's focus on getting this assignment over with and out of this foul smelling city." It must have just been Yasuke, but to his nose and this city wasn't mixing. Besides the smell, he didn't like how noisy the place was, how did these people even focus? "I don't know how the living live like this, at least their not killing each other in the millions again." He mention thinking back to the last time he was in living world. He then vanished with a shunpo in the direction of the park along with Aiji.

When the two arrived they made sure to stay a decent distance away from the Lieutenant. "Okay Kusanagi, you're the one with the hunch. Put that intuition of yours to work." He said looking at his friend for a clue. Yasuke had remained mostly expressionless up until this point and now had a minor look of confusion.

Last edited:
World of the Living - Nagoya City Warehouse - City Streets
lp0wKKz.png
Watching as her fellow Captain made the suggestion of sending him off to patrol first, while she stood around to draw attention of any pursuers. Either way the Lieutenant should be skilled at hiding his presence, waiting for him to shimmer away Kayami continues her own mission, taking back ways to downtown as planned, hands in her pockets with a wide grin.

"Oh my Captain Kagesutchi, to think you would be so concerned with my safety. But allas I doubt you can do that other job you are so fond of. Oh and do ignore my other activities, our Internal and External Divisions would give me no end of grief. As you'll see humans can be frightening things."

Going to an auxiliary entrance of the Expo center, Kayami pulls out some form of electronic box from her right coat pocket. Opening the sides and top, a small dish with antenna is on the inside, flipping a switch the device deploys and rotates. Nearby the red light on a security camera flashes, then vanishes as Kayami reached for a door handle and it's keycard reader.

"You might be invisible Shuzo-san, but I am not. This is a hmm.. Jammer I made some time ago. The Security of this building will loop footage moments before my passage.. I will not bore you with details.. Either way this place is used in it's downtime as a rental property for other labs or shipping companies. No one else should be here today, well least in this wing."

Leading her partner forward with a wave of her had, the pair, or possibly hidden trio walks forward down twisting corridors, Kayami clearly familiar with this building. "I don't get to come here as often as I like, but this building has been here forty years. Long for Humans. It is most interesting when Human Weapon and Robotic companies set up displays, more so the other Nations, but I digress.."

Walking to one of the side doors and up a flight of stairs, a large room was on the other side, filled with desks and computers, a large window was on the inside, looking down upon a very large, if not empty auditorium.

Pressing a key on one of the computers a prompt comes up, chuckling to herself the keys for Password are entered, granting access. "Fools. I plan to see if the humans have been up to anything odd, speciality equipment would come through here after the railway and docks.. The Warehouses in the city are not to be trusted with sensitive equipment... From here hmm.. Let us go to the hospital and the residential quarters.. The Foreigner district maybe.. Ah..."

Glancing over her shoulder with a narrow red eye, Kayami smirks. "Men are indeed fearsome things.. No doubt former staff, overworked and full of resentment.. You know I made a proposal on scouting for the dead, but I guess you should deal with that first. Oh, please try and break nothing important."

A laughable, if not cruel situation had unfolded behind them, the Captain's presence had served to attract a handful of so called Half-Hollow, Human souls on the verge of becoming Hollow.

Kayami was not in the least concerned about this turn of events, if anything it showed her plan was somewhat working. Even should these beings suddenly turn into hollows, which they might, the three of them here were not strong enough to take out even a rookie.. This was just the result of the Captain being detected.

"Though not as fearsome as me.."
She says behind a smile, typing in searches on the computer before her.

@Karyra @Akashi

Last edited:
tMjq9lq.png

TAILING: Ikeda (@EmperorsChosen) and Maekawa (@Artorias)

The air was crisp, delightfully so, despite the smog in Nagoya, and there was little to disturb that air as the Hollow stalked the outskirts of the cemetery. Small shrines to the dead littered the graveyard, each one a tiny monument. Pitifully small, in the face of the losses they faced. How sad. How desperate.

The Hollow licked its ample, long fingers of the last of a soul that had lingered for a moment too long here, hoping to get a glimpse of a loved one waiting by the graveside. Their despair... delectable. It seemed to momentarily fill the void within, the hole that refused to close, the wound that remained festering and open. To feel something within, even if just the writhing horror of something knowing it was the prey of a bigger, more powerful predator... It filled the emptiness.

But only for so long.

The Hollow raised its horned head, as if catching a scent on the wind. Yes... there was a heaviness in the air, as if the pressure around it had increased significantly. It settled like a weighted blanket around it, not much more than a nuisance... and if anything, riling the desire within it. What could it be, that which gives off such wonderful, wonderful heft to a being that is completely hollow...?

It stalked into the graveyard, unabashedly and without fear. It stood to its full height - ten feet - and stared at a young man wearing gray coveralls and another person - a woman in black and white robes nearby. It tilted its head in curiosity.

"You..." it began softly, almost a child's voice, "...smell so very...fulll."

90aa10ae478e595d86a22844cf61d995.jpg

Tailing: Shuzo (@Karyra) Kayami (@RedArmyShogun) Hajime (@Akashi)

"Food..." A deep, lingering voice whispered. Bone plated claws digging into solid concrete as the gentle breeze whisked across the rooftops of the aging downtown city blocks. The faintest smell of spiritual energy brought the deformed creature here, strong souls that he could barely taste on the tip of his tongue. A pungent green ooze dripped from the chelicerae of the Hollow. When the dark green ooze hit the rooftop, it began to sizzle and bubble the concrete before starting to eat through it and leaving a small crater.

He had been hungry for so long now, finally to be freed and feast. Hungry eyes locking onto a singular man standing atop the buildings, scouting the area. The other two he could not see...but he could feel them nearby. It was a faint pressure the two were giving, one the Hollow wouldn't have been able to pick up on its own.

The beast began to crouch down, like a Lion ready to pounce on its prey. Leaping forward, the rooftop crumbling and exploding into pieces as the Hollow made itself known now. Its spiritual pressure rapidly expanding, a new powerful feeling.

"Shinigami!" The beast roared as it closed in on Hajime, using the rooftops as points to land and leap once more to close the distance on his target.

Qpno2SH.png

Warehouse
World of the Living
"It's my job, Kayami." Shuzo said, exasperated. "I'm here to guard you, and I take my duties seriously."

If there was anything else to add at the other comments, Shuzo didn't show it. He didn't really care about whether or not an assassin could do their job. The job was more or less to know how to deploy themselves in a way that would cause only the death of their target.

As for the Jam, he really had no clue about this sort of thing. Did they have some kind of Reiatsu sensing machine things? Shuzo didn't get it. He assumed that Kayami knoew what she was talking about and left it at that.

"Mmm, agreed. Humans can be cruel."
Shuzo said, drawing out his sword. "But we also come from them, so do not forget that we too, can be just as cruel."

With a quick step of Shunpo, Shuzo was already behind the first one, slashing it through. It shimmered and disappeared, and he was faintly disappointed. He had been hoping these would require at least his shikai to release the tension in his shoulders, but oh well.

One of the remaining two came close to Kayami, and Shuzo was between them in a second, his hand moving quickly and cleanly through the mask, causing the second casualty of the demi-hollows. Shuzo was left to face the last demi-hollow, who had been sitting at the back to watch. Shuzo rolled his shoulder, waiting for it to make the first move.

"This is tedious, Kayami-san. I guess it speaks only to the lack of Hollows in town. You'd think that someone like you would draw higher quality Hollows."
Shuzo said, moving forward to slash the last one to ribbons.

A fluid movement and a gentle sidestep over, the battle was complete.

"Well, did you at least get what you were looking for while I warmed up?"

@RedArmyShogun @Akashi

YrLUAXy_d.jpg

the World of the Living | Nagoya City Park

Intuition, Yasuke said. Aiji snorted gently to himself. His friend wasn’t to blame for the misconception; intuition was nothing more than being perceptive about the inter-workings of one’s surroundings. Find a pattern, find the status quo. Get comfortable with the way the machine of the object of your observation works. Then find what changes, see what breaks the pattern.

Yasuke’s admonishments had not gone unappreciated. It was only with an effort that Aiji even brought his focus to the park they now found themselves in, having been following the lieutenant in a kind of introspective haze. The other captain’s theory of a rogue Shinigami day uncomfortably with him, and he’d only given a vague shrug at the mention of it. Why should any want to go rogue? Betray the balance? Sure, there was a great deal of bickering and bureaucratic infighting between the divisions, but that was hardly any reason to actively sabotage it.

Kenta, clearly uncomfortable in the physical form, seemed restless, a veritable toddler forced to wear a constricting sweater for his grandparents’ pictures. He shifted from foot to foot, and while it was unintentional, his hands could not find a place to rest. Unused to pockets, they nevertheless flirted with them. The humans did it, after all; why shouldn’t he?

Aiji frowned. The lieutenant stood out like a sore thumb, but he did his best. Maybe his obviousness was the draw they needed for … For what, exactly? It was the question of the hour, and the Third Captain scanned their surroundings. It was, once more, a pleasant day. Joggers paced the paths with leisurely strides, stuck in that odd pace between walking about outright running. A couple was reclined on a blanket, the springy grass cushioning them as they admired the clouds above. Screaming children sprinted about, dancing between walkers and other adults as they played their games. Some individuals of a more generous age lounged on benches reading magazines, or sat at tables playing board games. It was a comfortable day.

Nothing more untrustworthy than a comfortable day.

“Just is being here will … er, should, anyway, bring out whatever it is that has been killing Shinigami.” He scratched his beard idly before glancing at Yasuke with a small smile. “Who could pass on such an opportunity?”

The dog might harass the cat but would not dare attack a pair of tigers.

Kagami’s words itched at his brain. Was there too much strength? Would they scare off whomever was looking to take one of them?

“I hate to say it, Yasuke, but we might need to split up and give Kenta some space. Maybe whatever is attacking single Shinigami would be afraid to attack two captains and a lieutenant.” Lifting his arm, he pointed to a particularly tall tree. Not too thick of foliage, it’d offer a decent view of their surroundings. And would more importantly let him keep an eye on Kenta from a distance. “I’ll head up there. You find a good spot to monitor as well, and I’ll let Kenta know. If we spread out, maybe the attacker will be more likely to reveal itself.”

Aiji stepped up to whisper the plan to the lieutenant, then glanced back to make sure Yasuke didn’t have questions or other thoughts.

@Cush Almighty

yTEk4k1.png

Nori let out a soft huff of air as Ishioka left, looking at the man he'd so swiftly decided to end. I wish you hadn't done that. Maekawa will have a cow, a horse, and maybe a small pallet of chickens over an unlawful execution. And I'll have to write him up over that, too.

His warning over her former subordinate also gave her a moment of pause. She had never been fond of the man, but she had also pitied him as well. He had been dealt a hard hand to start. The fact he got so high in rank was a real miracle on its own, mostly due to his shikai. Well - nothing to do for it.

Minori smiled a bit at the eagerness of her colleagues. Of course they would be raring for a fight - in fact, the fact that her former subordinate could suppress reiryoku was a plus to them rather than a detractor. A purely physical fight. No weapons besides our wits and our sealed weapons. A wet dream to the two of those brawlers. It'll at least be interesting.

"We can leave immediately. In fact, we must. That warehouse - I know it. Shiza told me of it. It's in the 45th Western district out in Rukongai at the Issan Warehouse, down Murokami road. If you possibly can - disguise yourselves, by whatever means. At least we might have some edge there. As far as I know, they will still have a fight on. Too much money to be had. The password to get in is 'I'm here for three shipments of fish'," Minori stated. "I will meet you there, alongside Captain Ishioka. If we are separated inside the warehouse, I will have a red fan. My subordinates will take care of the scum here. See you there~."

Minori winked cheekily, and she dashed away in a flash.

Half an Hour later, Issan Warehouse, 45th West District

Minori stood off in an alleyway overlooking the warehouse, a large building with a 45 in white paint on its side. Large enough to hold several hundred people, it was a ramshackle place. Men and women intermittently entered after providing a password. The Lady waved a fan in front of her face, a bright red but cheap number. She was dressed in more common garb, her hair drawn back into a loose bun. She walked up to the door and provided the password, walking inside.

It was packed, the noise dampened by metal walls. A pit, hastily constructed, sat in the middle where a poor lad doing his best to be brave faced down a rather massive, incredibly well-muscled specimen with a huge hammer. Minori's eyes tightened as she stood on the outskirts of the pit, face covered as she glanced away from the bloodsport. Lacquered screens - where nobles sat nearest the action. The riffraff elsewhere in the nosebleed seats crafted out of crates.

Let the games begin.

@Kazuaki Yoshioka
@Detective Zero
@BlueFlameNikku

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Red Thunder
uRl9bI1.jpg

SOUL SOCIETY
WotL - NAGOYA CITY - EXPO CENTER
KASHIWABARA HAJIME

He wasn't that far away from the Expo Center. A rooftop or two away, he was standing there, with a good view over the streets. While both the Captains were investigating the area for anything unusual, his attention was on the people, but also in their direction.

Arms folded before his chest, he had a curious smile plastered on his face. "I wonder if they'll find anything." Remniscing about the conversation just earlier, he was pondering on who could be behind this. Hopefully it was just some weird Hollow, but after asking both the Captains his question, he received a thorough explanation about what may or may not happen if that were the case.

Obviously, there were many options. Like Yukimura-san mentioned, if it was something they could capture, they would and so on. Again, a rather deadpanned expression was plastered on his face. If it was really something they could bring back to Soul Society by capturing it, it would likely be a subject in her lab.

However, his train of thoughts came to an halt when he could feel unusual spiritual energy close by. "What?" He turned to his side, gazing in its direction. There was nothing there. He used Shunpo to appear across the building, standing on the ledge.

"Was it just my imaginati--?" Hajime sensed it once again. The same spiritual energy. It was dark and gritty.

Thats when he heard a roar behind him. Turning around, his hand was placed on the hilt of his Zanpakutō. A defensive stance in place, he could clearly see at first glance that it was a damn Hollow. The only reason it probably found Hajime was because of his spiritual energy. Yes, the Captains were lucky that they were in a Gigai. They wouldn't have to waste time on an abomination like this.

It was speaking though, which was weird on its own. When could they speak? At the very least, Hajime never did meet a Hollow who could. Nevetheless, it moved towards him, jumping, leaping to close the distance for an attack. At first glance, this Hollow did not look like much trouble.

Again, it reminded him about what the Captain of the twelfth division mentioned. Capture. Capture and Capture. So why not? "Eager to get your hands on me eh?" An attempt at provoking it, he used Shunpo to increase the distance, but at the same time, he tilted his head to the side, towards the Expo Center.

'Maybe if I can get it there, the Captains can help me capture this damn thing.' A cocky smile plastered on his face, he drew his Zanpakutō out, and eventually landed on the rooftop of the Expo Center. This close to both the Captains, he was hoping they would feel the spiritual energy of this Hollow.

It was standing across from him, but why was it waiting? "Come on then.. I know you can speak... So why don't you?" At that very moment, he dashed towards it, coming in hot with a swift strike, and a smirk plastered on his face.

"Or DONT!"

@Artorias @RedArmyShogun @Karyra

Reactions: Detective Zero
l7R8QY6.png
A cemetery; the place where humans buried the bodies of the dead. They came with offerings and prayers, talking to them as if they were here somewhere, watching them. Little did they know that the souls had long passed, and even were they capable of watching them, many had undoubtedly no memory of their time on Earth. To him, it was pretty stupid. At the same time though, Ikeda knew whoever visited this place did so more for themselves than the fallen.

Yawning, the boy meandered through the area. The air was definitely different here, but not in the way of when he first exited the Senkaimon. In the Soul Society it took a bit more effort to sense something out of place. Amidst the spiritually aware and capable, it required focus to weed someone out. In the World of the Living though, it was almost unnerving how easily something stuck out. It almost felt like the place was empty in comparison. Then again, it made anything else fairly obvious.

Aside from the reiatsu it was just a matter of having eyes. It wasn't even trying to hide. It even spoke to them, in such a whimsical voice too. So arrogant for something that had thus far only had to deal with low-ranked reapers. Little did it know that two Captains stood in front of it.

Ikeda let out a sigh, an exasperation that sounded with annoyance. "...What did I say..." Jumping to the conclusion that this was their quarry, he seemed to take this as a nuisance. "...I just jumped in this thing..." Looking to Maekawa, he truly doubted either one of them would need help with this. "You wanna take this, or am I gonna have to get out?"

World of the Living - Nagoya City Expo Center - City Streets
lp0wKKz.png

Humming to herself and letting her fellow Captain handle the demi-hollows, her comrade seemed to have a smart remark, coupled with a reasonable question and observation. Slightly irked by this as the demi-hollow was cutdown, Kayami gives a slight tilt of her head, scrolling down the lists. "Oh and here I thought Gigai didn't give off much of a signature.. As to your question, I cannot say. Indeed odd shipments came in during the start of our troubles and prior. But I'll need time to see what and where, our friend at the warehouse might know m-"

Before she can finish however a new threat had shown it's self, no doubt brought by the Lieutenant. Gauging the power of the beast, she very much doubted this was the source of her troubles.. Half wondering why he had brought it here, Kayami becomes a bit annoyed as the power cuts out to the facility till generators kick on, evidently their new guest packed some sort of surprise, but was it enough for a specimen? Hollow were risky test subjects, best to leave them on the outskirts or to study them in the field..

"Well either way, my research is disrupted and the humans might investigate..."
Sighing and leaving the computer, the Shinigami Captain motions to her colleague, disappointed as a blue screen from system failure crops up on the restarted device.

"Well then, Captain Kagesutchi... if you don't mind go help the Lieutenant... I wish to observe the beast. If it's of value we'll try and capture it, otherwise there is only one thing to do with Hollow.. But really, landing on the roof?" Taking out her Soul Candy, Kayami eyes it briefly in her left hand rolling it around. "I'll take this if there is a need but I rather silently observe. I do not wish to leave a Gigai unattended for long."

Motioning for Shuzo to lead the way with a sweep of her right hand, Kayami points towards the door. With possible information and doing part of their actual job, coming here wasn't a total waste at least. "If you wish to take a less invasive path, the way we came is where we must go. From there we need to follow the left most hallway, ascend the stairwell there, which is marked by a fairly obvious sign and it will take you to the roof."

It was a good thing Shuzo didn't have a Gigai after all, if the beast could survive a first encounter or showed any oddities it would be worth studying before disposal. If not, then it was just trash she had countless records on already. She rather doubted her fellow Captain would not have sensed the beast and who else but the Lieutenant would come here with that in tow?

"Admirable initiative, poor execution." She says sourly, placing the small orb to her mouth, it would not be long till they were up above. Even faster for her fellow Captain, being on guard would not be a bad idea at least.

@Karyra @Akashi @Artorias

yasuke-noboru-7th-div-capt-banner-png.153285

Yasuke had raised an eyebrow in confusion at Aiji's reply. "What?" He responded. "What kind of plan is that?" Now sounding a little irritated with Aiji. "Wipe that smile off your face! I thought yo-" He was then cut off by Aiji who seemed to have noticed their problem, they were to close to the Lieutenant. Yukimura's plan was for them to shadow Kenta, not sit on top of him like his sitters. "Sounds like a plan." He said as Aiji went to inform lieutenant Kenta. When Aiji looked back at Yasuke, he gave him a thumbs up and was already looking for a spot to hide.

Yasuke surveyed the park for a decent spot to hide. He didn't want to hide in the bushes as it would only ruin the afro he works so hard to take care of. A trash can could be a suitable spot. "No, just no." There was that little Bakudo spell that Zuichan taught him a while back. #26 Kyokkō or Bent Light; a spell that can hide one's presence by bending light around the caster. It would be perfect for this mission since it was best used for surveillance. "Kyokkō it is then."

Yasuke made some more distance from Aiji and Kenta before activating the Bakudo spell. He found a small downward slope that would be perfect to set up in. He spoke the incantation quietly to himself and reached his hand out above him. Once light gathered in his hand, he grabbed it and pulled it around himself like some sort of curtain. The light bent to his will and he was soon obscured from even Aiji's view. The only people he expected to be able to detect his presence is any other Captains and possible the stronger Lieutenants. He was no master of Bakudo, or any Kido for that matter, but was far from an amateur. He was no better or worse than your average captain. He did prefer to use full incantation though.

Now Yasuke could only wait patiently behind the cover of his spell. Since he'll be waiting awhile for the hollow to take the bait, he didn't see a problem with him taking a seat on the grass below him. He could just lay down and relax in the sun like the living, but he was on the job and didn't have the luxury to take it easy. Nothing seemed out the ordinary him, all he saw were people enjoying their day as usual. "If anything shows up we best lead it away from the area. The last thing any of us would want is for these civilians to get injured or killed."