Genres
Sci-Fi, Anime, Magical, Action, Etc
DISCORD | INTEREST THREAD | CHARACTER INDEX | OOC
latest

FRACTURED SOULS

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI
1st DIVISION BARRACKS

In his barracks, there he was. A man with a rather huge smirk plastered on his face. His well built body. His name was Renzo Bayroad, and the Commander of the Gotei 13. Playing Shogi with one a random seat from his division. Cocky, confident, he was on a winning streak.

This was not the first time. On occasion, he would play some shogi with people from his division, but he would always come out victorious. Maybe it was his intense aura, or glare that terrified the people in his division. It was not intentional, but his expression almost if not always did look like that.

Drinking sake on the side, he placed his cup on the floor. "Eek!" The Shinigami across from him was in a defensive position, his hands before his face. "Hmm. Boy, it's your turn!" Renzo notified. The Shinigami across from him noticed, and pulled his hands back down.

"Oh, yes.. yes it is.." A sigh escaped his lips. For some odd reason, every single Shinigami, or most of them who Renzo dragged with him to play shogi with, were terrified. Renzo laughed wholeheartedly, filling up his cup with more sake.

Filling up for the Shinigami across from him as well, Renzo spoke up. "Drink up! Drink up.. It's not often you get to play shogi with me. Hahahaha!" Laughing once more, the Shinigami next to him took the cup and drank some as well. Must've been from the pressure.

The fun time was interrupted however. His lieutenant, Akira Kanadzuchi entered the barracks, or rather the big room where the Commander was seated with a terrified Shinigami from their division. "Hmm?" Renzo's eyes moved in said direction.

"Akira.. It better be important. You're interfering with an interesting match of shogi. A crucial moment. Right?" Renzo asked the poor Shinigami, who felt that he had no choice but to agree. Akira however, was standing there with a dull expression plastered on her face.

Facepalming, she moved forward. "Renzo-sama, you've had plenty of shogi matches. At this rate you'd be having a match with every single member of the Gotei 13. It can wait." Eyeing the Shinigami who was playing with their Commander, she continued.

"Sasagi-kun, you can leave." Akira added, whereas, Sasagi, a seated member of the division stood up in quite the speed.

"I--I'll do that right away, Akira-san." Sasagi disappeared in a flash. A sigh escaped Akira's lips. Renzo squinted his eyes ever so slightly. His shogi match was no more.

"If you didn't terrify the members of our division, maybe you'd actually have an interesting match once in a while."

"Bahahah.. Terrified? They actually want to play shogi with me. I mean, when I ask, they are always ready." Oh, there was no going around their Commander, Akira's Captain. It was time to get to what was really on her mind.

"Well, here is the report you asked for." Handing him some papers, Renzo thoroughly looked them over. His demeanor changed. His expression serious. Akira was the same, standing, waiting for what he may say next.

"This has occured for a while now.." His grunty voice escaping his lips.

"Yes, actually. We've had several reports of Shinigami going missing in Nagoya city. I've sent a patrol specifically to have them check the area where they patrol, but so far, we haven't discovered anything crucial. Nor have they returned to the posts that were assigned to them."

"What about the hollows?"

"The hollows, or especially Menos who are able to crack through the barrier keeping Hueco Mundo and the Human world apart has also decreased in activity. This is according to the data I've personally acquired thus far. Maybe it's time to send a selective squad to Nagoya."

The report, the findings by Akira was interesting. Renzo's mind was curious. They needed to get to the bottom of this. How were the Shinigami disappearing. Why has the hollow activity, even if it does benefit them, decreased in activity? Many questions ran through his mind.

"Hmm.. Have the Gotei 13 gather up. This is a delicate matter that needs thorough investigation."

HUMAN WORLD
NAGOYA CITY

The streets were packed. It was a sunny day. The birds were chirping. In a park somewhere in Nagoya City, there was a man. Seated on a bench, he was taking in the view before him. The pigeons on the ground beside him, were eating bread crumbs he had provided for them.

Sasakibara, Goto was his name. A man of science and knowledge. A professor if anything. Past his prime however, he was still very much active. There was a lot going through his mind. There was a lot for him to do, or achieve before his dying breath.

Moments later, a woman approached him. "Fuyuki." Goto spoke up, clearly noticing her presence, even if he wasn't paying much attention to her. Fuyuki was more or less his right hand woman. Someone who had been with him for many years.

Her past was clouded in mystery, but not to Goto. She did not give him a response. Rather, Fuyuki stared at him, and the birds with a rather serious and curious expression. "Do you know why I'm always here? Feeding these creatures?"

Goto had a very calm nature to him. A genuine smile plastered on his face. Fuyuki obviously did not respond, but glanced in his direction. Curious yes, but would she speak much? No. "Because they represent freedom in my eyes. Flapping their wings whenever they want to, they can fly away. They are a constant reminder."

"About something I would one day, be able to achieve. For us both."

"But yes, you are surely not here to hear an old man speak of something so trivial. What is it?" A soft laugh escaped his lips. Looking towards Fuyuki's direction.

"You're needed." Fuyuki spoke up, and those words were all that was required from her. "I see." Standing up from the bench, he walked away from the pigeons. Fuyuki followed. There was a matter that needed his attention.​

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI - Rukongai
Hakutomon (West Gate) outskirts
It was quiet and peaceful just outside the gates, people walking around enjoying their own days minding their own business. It was quiet, until some slight yelling occurred and the violent snap of wood and glass breaking, followed by a man in a black shihakusho flying out of a bar's doorway and into the streets, a few others just outside.

"WHAT PART OF 'I CAN VISIT OUT HERE WHEN I WANT,' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, IDIOT!?"

The voice belonged to the one and only Lieutenant of the 2nd Division, Kairi Veritahl. Stepping out of the tavern, she stood at a staggering 6'4 with striking blue hair. Carrying a white sake bottle in one hand, her other arm sitting comfortably within the folds of her attire just underneath her chest, her violet eyes were marred with annoyance as she eyed the man that just flew out of the building. "Look ya damn flunkies, I understand you have your job, but pushing it like that is not under your care.. Visiting the Rukon districts aren't disallowed if I have the free time. Plus, they like it when I visit. Too many of the core of the Soul Reapers let it get to their heads they're above these folk.. Yet they forget they all were once the same, even as 'Noble families' and all that.. Go back to your own division before you give me a reason to send you to the 4th. Got it?"

The man that flew into the street got up with a footprint on his face, regrouping with the other soul reapers he was with. The group looked at the 2nd Div Lieutenant and gulped, keeping their posture about them before they ran off. Sighing out to herself, Kairi glanced back inside as the bartender looked to approach, rubbing the back of his head. Frowning gently, Kairi reached into her attire and pulled a few coins out, "Here.. This should cover the damages I've just caused. I'm sorry I got rough with them like that."

"Oh no, no.. It's alright. Lately, we're glad to see you lot around, as it's making it look more like you do really want to look out for the people.. Please, take care won't you?"

"Of course. You know who you're talking to." She laughed, taking a chug out of her bottle rather nonchalantly, making a huge grin afterwards. "I would hope so though, sure we have plenty to handle; hollows, bringing souls from the World of the Living over to this side, deal with any unruly folk and whatever else.. Separating ourselves entirely from the outside would only do harm in my opinion.. Anyways I do have to head off. I couldn't pass up getting more of that sake you guys serve before I did... Take care now."

With a wave, Kairi had left on her own terms as she headed towards the gate. Her calm smile slowly faded as her eyes turned cold, lips neutral as her mind started to wander, ~Aside from the drinks, I had heard talk of some reports that a few faces were vanishing.. There were two soul reapers posted to this section of town that were temporarily reassigned and no sign of either of them, supposedly for quite some time now. Not my Division's business, but not something anybody can easily ignore..~

Her thoughts were cut short when she sensed and saw a Hell Butterfly approach, just as she stopped in front of the west gate, the gatekeeper waiting, "A hell butterfly?..." She reached up and let it land on her finger, the message being relayed in full. Blinking a few times, Kairi sighed gently as she put away the bottle within her attire, "I guess I've got somewhere to be after all..."

Deep withing the R&D Labs of the 12th Division Kayami was peering over a technical readout as Shinigami in what appeared to be a mixture of black robes and lab coats gathered around various display screens or monitors, flipping switches or recording numbers across the screen as the Captain stood with a grin to her face. "Okay, that's good, now push the crystal into test Chamber Two, carefully."

"Yes Ma'am, inserting the Crystal into Chamber Two.." As a handler moves a cart into position on the other screen a beam of light fires from the test chamber's interior, lighting up the screen briefly as another voice calls out. "Power readings at 20, 30, 60%... Reactor is.. stable?.. Power is starting to fluctuate again."

"Ahahaha! Throw spare energy to Junction C, increase the focusing beam by a factor of Five!"
With her spoken word, levers were flipped and various readouts called as the two principle assistants run the play by play, that was already obvious to the Captain, as stray strands of energy sizzle and pop from the directed beam, the Crystal simply could not withstand it.

"Y-yes Captain... I, the reactor is starting to fail energy is spiking.. It's.. breaking.." "Evacuate the test chamber!"

"No, we- And just who are you? Can't you see I'm busy? This had better be good or I'll have you test my defenses.." Eying a new comer into the control Room, Kayami was in no mood to humor guests at such a critical time, turning her attention back to the monitor it seemed this crystal would not do after all, as the room deals with a sudden burst of energy and lightning arcing about it's confines, the crystal shatters into dust.

"Well back to the drawing board.. power down the test Reactor."

"Captain Yukimura, I'm a messenger with communications, the Commander wish-"

"Oh the old man wants something, to pull me from my work? Such nerve, if this is another shogi game..."

"I-umm I can assure you this isn't an offer for Shogi, details weren't told to me, but it might have to do with the disappe-"

"Oh!? What a sense of foresight! Thinking for yourself! You are in the wrong division after all. And yes, I am aware of these happenings. Who else is being summoned?" She says, cutting him off, while still smiling the air behind it did not seem so friendly at all..

Puzzled at the Captain's reactions, the messenger shifts uneasily, before speaking. "All first and 2nd seat officers who are currently not deployed elsewhere were requested.. Umm.. If you know about this, do you know what's happening with them? Several of u-"

Putting up a hand to shoosh him as she looks down upon him, Kayami narrows her eyes a bit with a sinister smile. "I am a scientist, not a spy. I cannot condemn you when I just praised you for initiative, but should an unseated officer really ask so much of I? Afterall, what do you have to offer me? I have your message, this is something you should be telling my Lieutenant, unless they are out yet again. Either way, you may leave. Now."

"Y-yes Captain Yukimura." Bowing lightly the Shinigami turns to leave from the room, as the Captain calls out to him as the door slides close. "Oh and do remember to apply for a transfer if you like!"

Picking up a hefty looking clipboard in her hands, the woman's smile still shows, as her gaze remains fixed on the screen, already a few other Shinigami were leaving the room as the door finally clicked shut with a hiss of air, what followed could be best described as the sound of breaking glass with the crackle of electricity.

Last edited:
Soul Society
Seireitei - Division 9 Barracks
Captain's Office
"And then there is the case of Hakuman, Tatsuya who is under investigation of-" A Shinigami adorning an armband on their left bicep over their shihakusho stood, reading off an ridiculously long list to a very young-looking man sitting at the main desk wearing a typical shihakusho but also a Captain's coat over the main uniform. The young man apathetically scribbled across some papers in front of him with a large stack rivaling the list of the Lieutenant in comedic size. This unfortunately was the primary duty of the 9th Division, internal affairs. Typically that meant investigating misconduct of Shinigami and working with 7th and 6th to preserve security. It was important, sure. However the young Captain of the 9th Division could come up with very few activities more dull. "-and he is lined up for conviction August 6th," The Lieutenant finished as the Captain remarked with a simple, "Uh-huh..."

"Next would be Toyohime Kazari for assault of an officer in an illegal and dishonorable form..." The 2nd seat continued, gaining yet another "Mh-hm..." from their Captain.

"Accomplices would be unseated Yamakaze Toyohisa-"

"-Mh-hm."

"-and Yakari Tamakaze-"

"-Mh-hm."

"Then there's also-"

"-Uh-huh."

Narrowing their eyes, it was clear that the Lieutenant was growing rather annoyed with their Captain's disinterest.

"There's also the matter of Hollows attacking the Soul Society."

"Mh-hm."

"They're killing people outside right now."

"Mh-hm."

"Ah... the screams of torment..."

"Mh-hm."

"Also you're fired and I'm replacing you."

"Mh-hm."

"Captain! Please take your duty with some-" Suddenly a knock interrupted the two, just in time for Ikeda to avoid his second's chastisement. With a sigh, the Lieutenant composed himself. "Who is it? We're quite backed up with paperwork."

Entering the room was an unseated Shinigami, a simple messenger. "I apologize for interrupting you both, but the Captain-Commander has just issued a call to all Divisions for a meeting. You both are to head to the meeting hall immediately."

"...Well... Guess it can't be helped..." Rising from his seat, the young Captain waves off the messenger. "I'll head over now... Oi, get some of the seated officers to finish all this crap and meet me there," He ordered with a yawn and an overhead stretch of his arms.

"Captain... you wouldn't be using the summons as an excuse to pass off your work on others..." The Lieutenant accused with scowl. Ikeda was a new addition to the Division, but even so it seemed as though people were aware of his personality.

Ikeda shrugged in response. "Who knows. Regardless, I'm the Captain so it's not like you can say no anyway." Fully sensing another lecture coming on, the inexperienced Captain disappeared with the use of flash step before the Lieutenant could begin, leaving his second seat to grumble and find some other poor sods to deal with the monotonous paperwork.

The clang of metal gears churning echoed through the silent hall of the Sixth Division barracks. The barracks had a few holding cells that were generally empty and used for nothing but the imprisonment of the Eleventh Division members who always stirred up trouble inside the Seireitei and outside in the Rukongai. Tora, the Captain of the Sixth and second eldest Captain of the Gotei 13 held the large metal keys in hand as she twisted and with a loud metallic clang the cell she stood in front of had opened.

"Get out."

"Always sucking the fun out of everything we do, Captain. You know this day in a cell really gave me time to think and I swear on my life you will never see me inside of here again." The Shinigami was practically sneering with delight as his voice dripped with sarcasm.

"See you next week." It was all Tora responded with in her naturally calm and apathetic tone. She was no stranger to sarcasm or to the Shinigami who stood before her in the cell. This was not his first time or his last, and many times she was asked why bother? They continued to end up in a cell for the day once a week but that never stopped them from doing it. So wasn't she just wasting time? Not in her eyes. The cells were never used and those that patrolled the Seireitei had nothing better to do than find some Eleventh members who were surely getting into trouble.

"I'm sure Kenpachi wouldn't like hearing that her seated Officers are constantly being harassed by you. She might just get mad and destroy these very cells." The Shinigami, like many of the Eleventh that Tora had to deal with, threw around the name of their Captain as if it was suppose to intimidate her. The man was only the 5th seat, if even that. Barely of recognition of his own title.

"You can tell her if she has a problem with me doing my duties, to come to me about them. She is the least of my concerns." With that Tora pulled the key out of the lock and proceeded to leave that wing of the barracks to return to her Office for paperwork and some tea.

On her way to the Office she was approached by a young messenger from the First. "Pardon Captain Maekawa-sama. The Commander Captain has called for a meeting, first and second seats to attend immediately. All I know is that it is important enough to stop his games of Shogi."

"Very well. I will leave immediately." The paperwork she always has taken care of would be delegated to the Seated Officers, a rare occurrence but in circumstances such as this one it is understandable. The messenger bowed respectively before Tora had disappeared with the use of Shunpo to move quickly across the Seireitei and towards the First Division.

Soul Society
Seireitei - 11th Division Barracks

At the site of the 11th division barracks it was like any other day. The leaves rustled in the wind, the various shinigami were training out in the courtyard and the air was constantly being pierced by the vulgar shouts of their captain, Hanabi Kenpachi.

"You fuckers think yer gonna get by with strength like that?! I've seen soul reapers in division four train harder!" All of the sparring shinigami within ear shot responding with a roaring cry. "No way!!!"

"I swear I'll beat the shit out of the first bastard who quits!" Now...who the hell are ya?!"

"Division Eleven!!!"

"And what the hell are ya?!

"The strongest!!!"

She stood with her one hand on her hip in the traditional garb of a captain with her own selective clothing beneath it. The captain was in a more sour mood than usual and they knew it. Somehow or probably someone had secretly taken away the sake that the captain had stored away for today.

"Who the hell is responsible for my booze going missing this time. Is it Kaede's doing? Maybe Tora?" Hanabi literally spoke the name of nearly half of the upper seated shinigami. "Dammit! Why the fuck can Kairi and Renzo drink without any issues but I have to deal with this kinda shit?

It was just about then when Hanabi's 5th seat came walking in with a smug look on his face and walked right up to her side. "Oi captain, I---" Mid sentence Hanabi's fist had already smashed into the side of the shinigami's face and sent him flying down into the courtyard. Thankfully his fall was cushioned by two fellow soul reapers as the three smashed into the dirt. The 5th seat shinigami twitching on the ground barely conscious.

"I got the damn report, you got thrown into a cell again, Kisame! You idiots shouldn't be proud about being put in a cage."

A messenger from the first division had been following just behind the soul reaper who'd just gotten clocked upside the head and had patiently been waiting for things to die down a little bit before speaking up.

"Umm...Captain Kenpachi?"

"What?!"

The messenger stood his ground calmly as he'd given messages to the eleventh divisions hot headed captain more than once.

"All captains and their lieutenants are to report for a meeting effective immediately."

"I'm in a shitty mood, tell em I'm busy."

"It's urgent and that will not due."

"I said piss off."

"It's from the Commander Captain."

"...fine."

With a dissatisfied grunt Hanabi exited the barracks and leisurely made her way towards the First Division's area where the meeting would be held; absentmindedly wondering how much of a crappy time this was gonna be. Its usually annoying enough when Hanabi has to listen to the ranting of one captain or lieutenant, never mind all of them.

Yasuke Noboru
Soul Society - 7th Division Barracks

6 Shinigami sat in an office with white pottery bowls in their hands full of rice with a spoon protruding from it. In the air was the smell of cooked beef, veggies and gravy permeated the air. The Shinigami had circled the pot that had been sat on a hotplate waiting to eat. "Wow, Capt. Noboru, this smells good as always and looks even better. I've been fantasizing about this since I woke up." spoke up a pudgy Shinigami with a wide grin on his face.

"Of course you did Chuuni, all you talked about is beef stew since you woke up." One of the Shinigami responded. "Can't blame you though, Capt. Noboru is the best cook around, right guys!" He shouted with praise as he raised his bowl with the other Shinigami doing so as well but one. The Shinigami that neglected to praise his captain only did so because they were praising him. He rather young looking Shinigami of brown skin, eyes the color of an orange sun and a ball of wooly black hair atop his head. He was the captain of the 7th Division, Yasuke Noboru.

The praise the captain received brought a small smile of satisfaction to his face. He actually enjoyed being praise for a job well done. A sense of accomplishment does a person well, even more, when from others. "Well, I hope my stew is as good as you guys say it smells. This stuff took 6 hours to finish and that's not including prep time." Yasuke placed his bowl on the floor beside him and pulled the ladle out of the pot of stew. "Chuuni, hand me your bowl." He order.

"YES SIR!" Chuuni hands Yasuke his bowl without delay, removing spoon as he did so. The ladles contents were then poured over the rice and returned to Chuuni. As he poured the stew, a Jigokucho flew inside the office through an open window. It landed on his ladle while he poured another subordinates stew.

Up until then Yasuke was in an relax state of being and little concerns of tomorrow. He has completed all his work, save a stack of papers he would complete after lunch. All that now would have to wait as he knew what a Jigokucho meant and the message it carried. He handed his subordinate his bowl and returned the ladle to the pot of stew. His slight smile vanishes as his face tense up. "Help yourselves..." he told them calmly without a hint of disappointment. "It seems I have an urgent meeting to attend and won't be able to eat with you all. Do me a favor and save me some at least."

With that, Yasuke went to his office chair at his desk and grabbed his haori off his seat and put on over his shihakusho. He then walked past his subordinates and out the door. "When was the last time we all meet? It was during Capt. Kusanagi's ceremony. I wonder who going try to skip out this time."

Last edited:
Aiji Kusanagi

:the World of the Living:
Nagoya City

It was a bright and sunny day, and Aiji Kusanagi distrusted it. The birds chirped happily in the park below, the breeze caressed his hair gently, and human children darted about in the open spaces below, throwing balls to each other or flying kites. From atop the highest support beam of a Ferris wheel, the Shinigami captain stared down over the city, icy eyes roving, searching for trouble to report.

There wasn't any. And that was troubling. Usually the quiet and still Shinigami could hear the distant howl of some prowling Hollow at some point during a day. One could definitely see the Shinigami patrol assigned to the area normally, and the Third Division checked on the area regularly as part of routine reconnaissance. The recent change in that trend had not escaped the notice of his squad, and even in the month since promotion he'd organized a few recon missions into Nagoya City at suspect times of day and night in anticipation of the Captain-Commander needing the information. Lieutenant Akira had been sent the subsequent reports to pass along to Captain Renzo as she saw fit, but he'd heard nothing in reply as yet. Leaning forward, Aiji stepped off his perch and let gravity take him.

It was freeing, being here in the World of the Living. Already he felt the pressures of his new position, despite Yasuke's repeated attempts at giving advice. But there was nothing like working in the field. Given what he'd heard from his network within the Seireitei, he didn't want to chance risking someone else to give a final check to the area.

He landed lightly in a crouch, standing in time to witness a young woman and oddly much older man wander off from a flock of pigeons that scrounged the ground where the old man had been sitting. At least the humans aren't been bothered by Hollows, he considered, smiling. Maybe their safety was worth whatever cost this development was taking from the Shinigami ranks.

But he needed to submit a new report to Akira. He reached out a hand. Two sets of double doors opened in reply, both fashioned like those in the Seireitei, having appeared out of thin air. Around him, no one seemed to mind either the phenomenon or the strangely dressed man. With a final glance over his shoulder, Aiji stepped through the doors, and they closed shut behind him and disappeared.

A few moments later found the Third Division Captain standing at the door the the First Division's quarters. The door slid to the side and she walked out. The corner of his mouth turned up, pleased at his luck at having found the lieutenant so easily.

"Lieutenant Akira! Good; I've got an update on Nagoya City." He gestured past her vaguely into the building behind. "Let's step back inside so you can record it."

Akira, too professional to allow herself to show surprise, merely blinked at her unexpected guest.

"Ah. Captain. Unless there is anything of note to report, I'm afraid it'll have to wait." Her tone was dour, and she held a stack of papers securely. "Captain Renzo has called a meeting to address the matter: First and Second seats from each division."

Aiji nodded, catching the Yes, ma'am that nearly escaped his mouth after literal centuries of habit before it escaped. Instead he stepped aside.

"And you need to let everyone know. That's fine; I'll get my own lieutenant. If I can find them soon enough."

With a small salute, Lieutenant Akira passed him and continued on her way to send messengers and Hell Butterflies. Before she'd taken two steps, Aiji had vanished, speeding away to his own division's quarters and hoping that his second was still there.

"Don't you know better than to just wander around these streets unarmed?"

The brute of a man slung his club over his shoulder, a cocky smile played over his lips as he saw the unarmed Shinigami. It seemed that a noble had wandered into the rough part of the Rukongai, his haircut and clean kept appearance marked him as such, but in plain Shinigami robes and no weapon, he had no power here. This was their territory and they were itching for a fight. Plus, that meant cash to pay off their bar tab, and then some. Nobles weren't known for having only a little cash on them at any time.

The noble stopped quietly, seeming to be in no rush or panic at the idea of being beaten and robbed. As he stopped, more thugs appeared behind the first, not as strong or cocky as the first, but enough that numbers meant little to an unarmed man. Yet, the blue-black haired man merely sighed as he stood there. He seemed more annoyed by the display of strength here than truly intimated.

"I had been hoping to locate my Lieutenant before she did something too destructive, as I merely wanted to look around at the sights today..." the man said, still not turning around to look at the group behind him. "Well, a few thieves won't be too bad... still, I figure that I have more important business elsewhere today. You'll forgive me if I'm too harsh on you since I'm in a bit of a rush, won't you?"

"Heh, that's a funny joke. Now hand over-" the man stopped as the noble standing there turned to face the group. Those that recognized the large burn scar and face immediately fled.

This was a Captain, and worse yet, the Captain of the Second Division. Rumors were that he could do much worse things to you than simply kill you, and they had all just gotten in his way. The only one left was the brute who had started all this.

"I think your friends have caught on, but I suppose in a way it's amazing that you've managed to stand your ground. I'll cut you a deal, I won't use my weapon on you. You withstand my three attacks and I'll give you my entire wallet, plus I will suggest you for Shinigami training."

The brute, whose greed outweighed his intelligence, readied his stance and gathered his Reiatsu.

"Sai."

Shuzo was holding the wallet of the thug as he walked through the streets.

"I still haven't found her... you'd think that it'd be easy, given the fact that she causes a fight everywhere she goes... really."

A few kids ran up to Shuzo, pulling on his sleeve and holding out their hands. Shuzo smiled and pulled a small bag of sweets from his pocket.

"Oh, have you young ones seen my Lieutenant? There's money in it if you have."

They looked to each other and then shook their heads. He gave them the bag of sweets and elected to start heading towards the Gotei 13 headquarters, deciding it would be better to be close when things started moving than farther away. He didn't like not being totally ready, but at the same time this wasn't going to catch him unprepared. Honestly, he was more so surprised that no one had done anything about it until now.

He crossed the gate when the messenger appeared.

"I already know. The Gotei 13 are meeting regarding Nagoya city. Tell them I am on my way."

So he started to walk towards the meeting area, not in a hurried pace, as no doubt the others hadn't arrived yet either.

"She just always looks so serious, you know - that Captain Maekawa. And she's all pale, and honestly kind of boyish-looking. Probably cause of her being from a Noble Family and all that. At least, that's my theory."

Tajiro Kenta, Lieutenant of the Sixth Division, had been blissfully tuning out the words of a remarkably forward, and approachable member of the Eleventh - one of the 20th-seat members, ostensibly wandered off to his heart's content. That particular theory, however, warranted a response of some incredulity.

"... That doesn't seem to make sense."

The balding-shinigami, drunk from sake and punch-drunk otherwise, continued all the same, "Right? I mean, it's probable that all those millenia ago, the Nobles would just keep powdering their faces, and to this day, everyone from a Noble Family is just… pale and boyish…"

"... No, I really don't think you can just draw that conclusion. Probable? I mean-."

"And that's why you never see someone from the Noble families when it's all bright and stuff, because they burn easily. Seems to add up."

"... I also really think that your premise is just completely unfounded."

"Right? Thanks! And that's enough of my theories; what do you think of our good ol' Captain Kenpachi? Since we're confiding in each other so much, Lieutenant."

Is that what we're doing…?

"I think that she is very…"

That the Hell Butterfly chose that very moment to land upon Tajiro's forearm was very fortuitous indeed.

Tajiro Kenta rushed through the Districts towards the meeting grounds, making expeditious use of shunpo. Doubtlessly his Captain would have been doing much the same, and it would show a lack of professionalism to arrive without the requisite punctuality. There were expectations that came with being a Lieutenant, especially a Lieutenant under Maekawa Tora.

The Captain, as he expected, and others as well, had arrived before him. Kenta approached Tora, head slightly bowed.

"Apologies for my tardiness, Captain Maekawa."

Wreaver Molokai
Div 13 Captain
It was just another day to Wreaver, he'd read, go eat something, read a bit more, help train some of the new recruits, continue on reading, break up a fight between two new recruits over who had a bigger Zanpakutõ. Nothing out of the usual for the abnormally large man.

Now he was reading in an exercise area, book on the ground and his arms pushing as he did one arm push-ups, eyes moving from word to word as his body pushed upwards, he was watched by many of the younger recruits, the men looking in awe as he switched arms continued without any visible effort, the women has their eyes glued to his muscular frame, fantasies running through their minds.

This was interrupted by the sound of someone yelling out his name, "Captain Wreaver! Captain Wreaver!". Without so much as a sigh, Wreaver pushed himself up hard, lifting a few feet off of the ground and put his foot underneath his mass, standing in a yoga like position. He picked up his book and looked to the mess of a messenger that had come to deliver a message to him.

After searching for a name, Wreaver spoke, "What's wrong, Juzuuya? Another duo of recruits fighting again?" he asked with a small smile on his lips, friendly with the young man who had destroyed his lungs sprinting to find him. "No Captain, you have a summons, from the Commander." came the reply.

Wreavers smile left his face immediately, 'This probably has something to do with the missing Shinigami and the lack of Hollows.' he thought to himself as started walking out. 'I wonder who will try and avoid this one?' he pondered internally, people dodging left and right of him as he sped up to a jog.

SOUL SOCIETY
SEIREITEI
MEETING HALL

Kairi Veritahl
Soon arriving to where all the Lieutenants and Captains would gather, the 2nd Div Lieutenant was leaning on a wall just before the main doorway to where the Captain Commander would be waiting. Kairi had her arms hidden within the outer layer of her attire, folded between as she looked around, "Hm.. Feels like everyone is getting here in good time.. Good, then I can surprise Hanabi- I mean Captain Kenpachi, with something from the tavern back by the West Gate. I think she'll appreciate it.."

Pushing off the wall she was leaning on, she took one arm out and placed it on her neck, popping it rather loudly and giving off a grunt, "I wonder if my Captain was wandering around today.. Probably.. Anyways, this meeting's definitely got to have something of importance to relate to everything that's been going on.. Otherwise I don't see much other reason..." Making a rather disdained face, Kairi showed unease before her next words, "Unless that old monkey Renzo is looking to make a Shogi tournament... Please no.."

Shaking her head, the Amazonian grumbled under her breath before pulling out the same white bottle of sake earlier and had a small bit of it, slipping it away afterwards, "Though I guess it'll be interesting to see how everyone interacts.. Been a while since they've all been in one room. Could be fun. Hehehehe~....."

Sunlight trickled through the leaves overhead as Mio gave a yawn before opening her ice blue eyes. The tree branch she had fallen asleep on had proven to be more comfortable than she originally thought. It was almost a shame to leave the tree as a whole. She put her two Zanpakutō back on her hip before standing up and dropping from the tree.

Once on the ground she began to stretch and make sure that she popped her back and shoulders in the process. With a glance in both directions she wandered off toward the training grounds. That was where all the noise was coming from and the first place the Lieutenant would find the rest of her division. A loud yelling that obviously belonged to Captain Kenpachi rang through the air.

As she moved towards the direction of voices and shouts she nearly ran into a shinigami she recognized as a member of the First Division. She was only a few feet from the training grounds, so he was somewhat out of place to her. It was clear that he was there as a summons. There was little other reason for members of the other divisions to be here. Continuing past him as he was about to speak she headed in the direction of headquarters.

"Wait! You need to go to the meeting Lieutenant."

"Where the hell do you think I'm going? Why else would you be here?"

Her voice had an edge as sharp as a blade and it was noticeable that she was in no mood for conversation. He just stared at her as she continued to the meeting. She knew that this had to be about the missing shinigami and lack of hollows lately. While she was not a part of the investigation or anything, she did pay close attention to it. As her feet carried her to the destination she was talking out loud. To others it seemed like she was talking to herself, but she was really talking to her two Zanpakutō.

"This is annoying to put it lightly. It also means no sleeping whenever I want for a while most likely. Why did there have to be problems? Don't suppose you two have any ideas?"

Several shinigami stared at her weirdly as she talked to no one that seemed one sided. For her there was a full conversation going on, but no one else could hear the other side of it. The conversation turned to random things by the time she reached the hall. With a look around and seeing a lack of her captain, it was clear that her shortcuts had gotten her here first. Soon she took notice of Kairi, Second Division's lieutenant and moved to stand next to her.

"So, this is gonna be pretty boring. Or annoying maybe. Not too sure yet."

Maekawa Tora had arrived to the Meeting Hall moments later, taking note of a few Lieutenants and Captains already attending. Zanpakuto attached to her sash, the Haori fluttering as her feet gracefully touched the ground. Making sure she was presentable and all in order, ready to enter the hall before a familiar sense appeared nearby her. Lieutenant Tajiro approaching with an apologetic bow.

"Apologies not needed Lieutenant Tajiro. The meeting was unexpected." Tora tried her best to give a small smile to give her Lieutenant some sense of ease that it was alright. Instead she might have drove fear into the boy because of how rarely she smiles. The smile she finally achieved on making seemed more like the one someone would give you before stabbing you in the back.

Smiling, something so simple to convey emotions that had been removed from Tora's expressions at a young age. She needed to be apathetic, to be able to view things with a judging and calculating eye. Emotions could not be added into that equation. But she has heard all the rumors and talk that she needed to smile more and it bothered him some that it was something she was known for--not smiling.

"I don't expect this meeting to last very long, or stay on topic." When the Captains all gathered for a serious meeting, it was rare that the meeting would stay serious for its entirety. Surely a certain barbaric Captain would change that instantly with some sort of boast that would ultimately prove nothing.

With that being said Tora turned on her heel in the direction of the Meeting Hall entrance, passing others as she did so. Inside the Hall, she stood at her spot waiting for the others to arrive.

Yukimura, Kayami
12th Div.
Seireitei - Meeting Hall

"Ah so troublesome. But at least the Old Man and the little spies will have less reason to look in on me today.."
Setting aside her work in the labs and stepping foot on the outer grounds, Kayami squits at the sky. Not much caring for the harsh sky and light, this meeting was just getting better and better.

Taking a single step forward and making use of Shunpo to clear the distance, the Captain seems to pop up briefly in some locations before as quickly vanishing to the casual observer. Her thought process being the faster she got there and this over with, the sooner she could get back to her projects.

Arriving at the 1st Division Building rather quickly given the relative close location to her labs, unsurprisingly Tora was there first, among a few others.

Arriving to hear the others Remark, she seemed to be rather humorless today, observing those around her, Kayami couldn't say she seen cause to make a conversation as things currently stood, if there had been any it would have been the upstart or the Assassin wanting information on her reactor test, something that concerned neither.

Following a bit behind the pair, Kayami takes up position to the outermost edge on the left hand side of the hall.

"Well, well, let's see if I'm more bored or angry for this meeting at the end of it." She says to no one in particular, hand resting casually at the side of her Zanpakuto, with her right hand inside of a pocket of her modified haori, more like a lab coat in some regards, with a slight smirk to her face to seem somewhat friendly, the look in her red eyes seemed to hint at something otherwise.

Captain Wreaver Molokai
13th Div
Meeting Hall.
Wreaver walked into the meeting hall, spotting several people already inside and noting which faces were missing. Without acknowledging anybody he to his usual place and crossed his arms, clearly waiting for the meeting to start.

He was slightly annoyed at how short noticed this meeting was, his book and exercise interrupted, but he knew this situation was serious, especially as it appears that everyone was going to arrive. He let out a small sigh and began looking at everyone around him, noting who spoke to who and where they all stood. Then he pulled out his book and started reading again.

He managed a page and then gave up, the activity of the others distracting him and the topic of the meeting making him slightly impatient to begin. But all of this he kept hidden from his features, portraying the calm and gentle nature he was known for.

But still, he was eager to begin and didn't want to wait for the others.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Zuo Ci, a New Day

"I swear I'll operate on anyone who leaves this seminar early! Who are we!?"

"Division Four!!!"

"And what are we?!"

"The heart of the Seireiti!"

Zuo Ci spit out from his flask, covering a new recruit to the division infront of him with its contents.

"Who the hell told you that?"

"Uh, the brochure, and our symbol is the bellflower, so, I, uh, figured... Well, what would you say we are Lieutenant Zuo?"

"We are the gods of the Seireiti! We choose who lives, and who dies! Without us, everything goes to hell. The 11th division think they are the strongest. If we went on strike for a week, the lot would die out of infection.... I should talk to the captain later about synchronized vacations... But learn to think whippersnapper. You start talking about 'free love', and all that hippie shit, and they'll walk right over you. Make them fear for their life! Then do a good job. Why, back in my day we didn't do this soft bullshit. We were hard men! Infact, I remember one time, the summer of 943 when...."

"Uh..."

Finally a messanger ran in, interrupting his little meeting with the recruits.

"Lieutenant! There's a meeting of the Gotei 13 for all leadership!"

He blinked. When she didn't respond, he pointed.

"Captain's room's that way."

"Well... yes, but you're presence is requested too."

"As in, I'm physically required to be there and nothing else."

"Yes?"

He held up a finger, brought his flask to his lips, and tilted his head back. He kept that finger up to say 'don't talk to me', and continued out the building towards the First Division. He finally took a breath gasping as he wobbled. It was the only way to prepare for ANOTHER meeting. Once a century was too often. He'd had his whole day planned too. There was a surgery planned and everything.

One of Ci's eyebrows raised.

"Did I leave the defibrillator on?"

WORLD OF THE LIVING
NAGOYA CITY
Goto, Fuyuki & Hamura

In the elevator next to Fuyuki, there was not much to say. Goto was humming an old song. Glancing towards Fuyuki, he stopped. "Your mother used to sing this to you before bed." His face tilted up, towards the number on the elevator that was decreasing. Once the elevator stopped, they were at B1; Basement Level 1.

No words escaped Fuyuki's lips. The silver metal doors slid open, before they both ventured out. A big area before them. A few researchers were shuffling through the papers. Doing test on pure souls. Walking forward, they all noticed Goto's presence. Standing upright, some were nervous, while some were more or less curious.

Likely, the majority were afraid to tell him a certain something. One of the researchers approached him. Stopping in his tracks, Goto spoke up. "Yes?"

"Sasakibara-sama, we've done our best to prevent the chain attached to their chest from detoriating over time, however so far, the results from our experiments have brought no results." Yes, an experiment to keep the souls in the World of the Living, to prevent them from turning into those abominations; Hollows.

A smile was plastered on his face. The researcher looked towards Fuyuki for a moment, whereas, she on the other hand, was giving him a rather serious but annoyed look. Goto placed his hand on his shoulder. "It is fine. We'll find a solution. Keep doing the good work, Tendo-san."

Patting him on the shoulder, he walked past him. Fuyuki followed. Everyone in the big wide room knew what he was asking of them. Looking at the souls strapped down to the tables. A device at the center keeping them visible to the naked eye. To give the researchers, the scientists the ability to physically see and touch them.

"Where might Hamura-kun be, hm? In his lab?" Goto smiled, clearly asking Fuyuki a question.

"Yes. Like always.." Fuyuki was not really fond of the young scientist. Someone Sasakibara Goto had brought in for the research, to help him make a breakthrough. Even if she didn't say much, Goto knew quite well that Fuyuki was not a fan of Hamura.

"Alright." He added, before they exited through the door across the room. An automatic door, which slid open. Walking through a corridor now, the glass room, or rather, the lab where Hamura was, could be seen. Knocking on the glass, he could clearly see Hamura's back. The young scientist was full of energy and ambition.

Hamura was shuffling his papers before both Fuyuki and Goto entered the lab. "Any progress, Hamura-kun?"

"Oh yes, yes yes!! I am so glad you're here! You too, Fuyuki-san!" Hamura had poured his time into this particular research. Turning away from Goto and Fuyuki, he walked towards the three tables that had some very interesting subjects strapped to them.

"Thanks to you Goto-san, we've been able to extract unique spritual energy from each individual here. They are both souls and more. I mean. They are Shinigami. Thanks to the device you made, with the help of the young boy, Tenma-kun, we are so close. So I'm getting there. We'll make sure to achieve your goal! OUR GOAL!!" Laughing, he continued his work.

The Shinigami in that room were unconscious, unable to move or do much. The device Goto had created, was capable of interrupting with a Shinigami's spiritual energy. Interfering in such a way that would keep their spiritual energy from raising. Or for them to manifest it during combat. "Well, you're enthusiastic as always. Keep working on the task at hand. Also, let me know if something shows up."

Turning away, he left for the exit. Fuyuki glared at Hamura, who in return did the same. "Are you two done?" Goto asked, catching Fuyuki's attention. She turned around and returned to his side.

"Also, a reminder Hamura-kun. Do not harm our precious Shinigami. Don't forget that they are our protectors. Especially from the Hollows." Goto was serious, and gave him a clear indication as to not hurt them.

"Of course, of course. They are contributing to OUR CAUSE.. YOUR CAUSE! I would never hurt our precious Shinigami." Hamura energetically added, but was not quite done.

"Oh and, the young boy, Tenma-kun. He is weird as always. Quiet, in his own world. And like always, he spends his time with the Menos' you've got at level 6. Sits there and just looks at them. Weird!" Hamura felt that Tenma had done his part for Goto. That his usefulness had expired. Goto on the other hand did not pay his rather rude ignorant opinions from time to time much mind. Right now, Hamura had to focus on what was important.

"Let me worry about him, Hamura-kun." Leaving the lab, he continued to walk down the corridor.

"By the way, Fuyuki. At the park, did you notice anything odd?" Tilting his head to the side, from the corner of his eyes, he gazed upon Fuyuki for a mere moment. Their eyes met briefly, before he turned his face back towards the corridor ahead.

"You did." Fuyuki rhetorically added.

"I did indeed." Goto laughed ever so softly. 'I am sure they'll show up soon.' From the Shinigami they had captured thus far, they had extracted more than enough information about Soul Society, or more specifically Seireitei and the Gotei 13.

"We must make sure they are well received once the time is right." Making a point, they both drifted off into the dark corridor.

Last edited:
  • Love
Aiji Kusanagi

the Soul Society
Seireitei

"Lieutenant!"

The door shuddered again, its wooden frame rattling in reply to Aiji's knock. But for the third time, the captain received no answer. A carefully controlled sigh slipped through his nose, and he pushed his way inside. The Third Division's second seat had left the quarters in much the same state as they were always left. And as per usual, no lieutenant. Perhaps it was a good thing. Perhaps the bitterness at being passed over for the promotion by a low seated officer had been assuaged, and the Lieutenant was on some mission gathering intel. But no; Aiji had not authorized any such mission, and he knew that his Third Seat at least would have mentioned it.

Giving the room a final glance, Aiji paused and suddenly advanced farther inside, a deed he wouldn't have even considered had the room been occupied. The Lieutenant badge sat on its owner's dresser, apparently cast aside. The marigold inscribed on its face stared up at him, reflecting his confusion.

Why was I abandoned, it seemed to ask, and Aiji had no answer. He could only gape at it, confused.

The fate of one does not take precedence over the fate of others. Your presence is more pertinent elsewhere.

Some might wonder what a lizard might sound like. Aiki did not have to. Kagami's raspy words seemed to sound in his ear, though he knew he heard it with his mind.

"Maybe. But I'd even protect my bitter Lieutenant's life if I could. It's better than living in someone's debt. Especially when they can't pay it."

And you would put others in unpayable debt to you?

Aiji fell silent; Kagami always returned to this, seeking an answer, as he did when his Shinigami wouldn't or couldn't answer the Zanpakutō's question. Turning away, the captain exited the room, shutting it and his concern for its tenant with a slam of the door.

~~~

No Lieutenant, and on his first real joint council meeting between the captains. From rooftop to rooftop, Aiji sped, his speed dropping only a fraction of a moment in order to gain traction and leap again into the air. Wind roared in his ears, leaving him in silence with his thoughts, even as one of his division members gazed up and shouted to get his attention, rubbing a gathering bruise on his chest. It was embarrassing, to show up without your subordinate. But he couldn't find them. There would need to be words later.

Aiji deeply hoped there was a sensible explanation.

He wasn't the first to the hall; he'd not expected to be. Kagami rattled against his backside as Aiji came to rest, a comforting and yet philosophically exhausting weight. With a nervous nod to the other captains, he stepped inside and took up a station with his equals. In his nervousness, he failed to see that he had located to where the Second Division Captain traditionally stood; it would only be a matter of time before he was corrected.

@Karyra

Last edited:
Shuzo arrived quietly and calmly, gliding to his seat in no apparent hurry. He crossed the room at his own pace and without a moment to hesitate as people no doubt would stare at the last to arrive. He didn't wear his robes, as he had arrived from the Rukongai, but simply smoothed what he had on as he took his place next to his Lieutenant. Thankfully, the fight hadn't gotten them too dirty. Originally, he had hoped that he'd have enough time to grab his captain jacket, but ultimately he sensed the Reiatsu moving here and there had been enough to warrant getting to the meeting without any sort of stops along the way.

But there was a point to be made with his late arrival.

"My apologies for the late arrival. Perhaps I should have acted with more haste, but I thought was merely matching the pace of the commander."

The message was clear behind his sharp words. "This meeting took too long to be assembled."

"Forgive my lateness, I had hoped to arrive with my Lieutenant, but she seems to have been more ready than I this time. Now, I believe we all should know what is happening, and if not, we need as much information to everyone as can be given. I believe that sitting here with no further information will only place those who have vanished and those patrolling in further danger."

Straight to business. Shuzo seemed that he wasn't going to let pleasantries delay anything for long than necessary. His hands were already folded in front of him, seemingly ready to listen to ideas. This was all business, if there was a trace of the usual warmth in his eyes, it was gone for the moment. He wasn't thrilled to hear that the disappearance of Hollows and Shinigami had been left for so long. Putting people in pointless danger wasn't something he preferred or liked.

"Now, does anyone have any additional information on the situation we have gathered here for?"