• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by sele to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Illea's going to go around and try to ask people why they joined the Espada. Anyone up for an interview?

• Love
Reactions: Quake
I really want to see her interview Xen and the octava.... Those'll be some short-ass interviews.

"Blood, mainly. Why?"

Though, if you want, you can ask Alex. I have to post with the mummy anyway.

@QuakeUPSB

Allright then Quake. First of all, I dont mind your mirror ability. I dont really mind that it can at one point become as big and wide as a Seireitei Gate. First of all, I believe that keeping two mirrors up as they swirld around your char should be the limit. Perhaps three at max. Since I can see you got two other abilites that are yet to be developed. I guess thats going to happen through IC.

Anyhow. Here's what I want you to work and change. Both mirrors cant be used simultaneously. If one is used to lets say absorb long ranged attacks, like a bala or cero, kido and so on, it should only absorb that much until it can't anymore. because if it did, the mirror would just need to absorb anything thats long ranged for however long you want. So yeah. It needs some sort of a cooling off period where it cant be used for some time.

And you cant swap from one mirror to another against an opponent at free will. Like, if you blocked a ranged attack with your ranged mirror, and the opponent goes close range immediately, you cant just block it with teh other mirror, and used the ranged mirror to blast the opponent from behind. There has to be some sort of a delay there at best. And since they rotate counter- clockwise, I assume thats all they do, yes? Or can you stop them whenever you want?..

And what is the maximum and the minimum speed for this mirrors as they rotate?

So, I am sure Nevvy will add his input on your CS as well.

I somewhat disagree with Akashi since I can think of a number of ways to fight this very, very easily. To me, it doesn't feel cheap or water tight in the slightest. They're not that difficult to figure out or to apply. Nor can the character do crap to stop them based upon certain built in limitations. Of course, he has the call but I thought I'd say such. Anyway, I'd like to confirm the following assumptions I made.

1. The mirrors circle counterclockwise constantly. This means they do not stop and do not stop their lateral movement which also cannot be zero.
2. The mirrors are visibly different, making it more than possible to tell which one is which even when they are the same size.

And now some questions. These always pop up with absorption type abilities.

1. How far away from you are these mirrors? Can you change this?
2. What happens if a mirror is physically stopped from orbiting? If it keeps trying to do so, how forceful is this?
3. What happens if you hit the side or back of a mirror?
4. How fast and slow can these mirrors rotate? Specifically, the easiest way to answer this is to state fastest and slowest full revolution times.
5. How quickly can you enlarge or shrink the ranged mirror? In other words, if you shrank it to smallest size to try to make it come around again faster, how fast could it be enlarged to block a sizable attack?
6. You say that attacks can be absorbed and fired back. Is there a limit to how many can be absorbed before firing back? When it reaches/if there is a limit, does the absorbing part cease to function?
7. A ranged attack seems to be cognitively fired back in the form that it came in. What if the attack wasn't an energy attack at all but a status effect type attack?
8. Does a physical counterattack have any range or does it require mirror contact?
9. What happens with a ranged physical attack? An arrow or a rock or sword being thrown are examples of this. It clearly isn't blocked by the physical mirror but is it absorbed by the ranged mirror? Note that quincy arrows are reishi and thus "physical" and made of matter.
10. You say the mirrors have weaknesses. Is this just stating that they don't specially interact with them which is not a weakness at all or are they susceptible to being damaged or broken by the kinds of attacks they are noted to be weak to?

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll try to answer all your questions and fix any issues this weekend.

Will have some posts up hopefully tonight, got a long day of work ahead of me

@Akashi @Nevvy
So after a couple days of thinking and whatnot, I realized there were just too many holes and issues with my mirror idea that I had neither the time nor the will to really sort through. I'll probably hold onto the idea, but for now it's been scrapped. Anyways, I edited the CS for the 6th Division Captain, and basically came up with an entirely new Bankai.

Edits:

-Bankai Description Line on Captain CS has been completely redone. I tried to put in enough restrictions so he wasn't OP without taking away from his "uniqueness" or weakening him too much. Get back to me when you guys can. Again, all the feedback is appreciated.

Sidenote: I hope the IC Thread picks back up. It seems kinda slow, and tbh I really dont know what to do with my Espada.

Too bad. I thought it was actually 100% viable and balanced, only needing clarification. In fact, I explained at length to Akashi a couple days ago how anyone could completely take it apart and neutralize it just to show that it wasn't broken in the slightest.

For your current, giving some relative times for the changes would be good.

Too bad. I thought it was actually 100% viable and balanced, only needing clarification. In fact, I explained at length to Akashi a couple days ago how anyone could completely take it apart and neutralize it just to show that it wasn't broken in the slightest.

For your current, giving some relative times for the changes would be good.

Like are you referring to how long it takes for the seals to take effect?

Basically the time it takes to go from one seal to the next. This is to draw lines so it is clear when you'll be able to switch seals just at the right time. That is kind of the point of the ability, to actively switch for opportune moments, not to just fight with one buff for a while, then another.

Basically the time it takes to go from one seal to the next. This is to draw lines so it is clear when you'll be able to switch seals just at the right time. That is kind of the point of the ability, to actively switch for opportune moments, not to just fight with one buff for a while, then another.

Hmm... Okay. Well, let's say the primary activation of each seal takes 10 seconds each. They'll each be released with a key phrases (which I'll add in later) but after they've all been activated at least once, Rai can reactivate them in say...3 seconds each?

Sure. Seems more than generous enough.

Alright, so I edited the CS with the time frames we talked about @Nevvy. I also added in the mantras to activate each seal, as well as the keyword for each seal. Let me know if I need to edit anything else, otherwise I'll just wait for @Akashi to see if he has any feedback/criticism on the CS.

Reactions: Dakota K5
Just posted in the IC Thread with the Octava. Can't say it's much of a contributing post, but it's something. Just trying to keep this thing going. lol

Keep thinking that Heizo XD keep thinking that.

Keep thinking that Heizo XD keep thinking that.
I look forward to training wild animals Oda. Depending on how you have him react we may see the two fight seriously. If just once.

Depends on what methods you apply XD Cause asking nicely is going to make him laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.