Status
Not open for further replies.
Well given Emps vacation, some other things on my end and some issues with the situation of the collab as a whole I'm calling it off. Emp is also in agreement. The only question I have now with attempting some sort of post(s) on my end, is do we consider this alive? I've looked into it myself, and two of the pc controllers on the shinigami side possibly three to four, are inactive. Thats not counting those that didn't respond to the call here in the OOC.

Are we rebooting, stoping, or continuing? I'm not really up to typing up a reply and then finding this in the graveyard next week. Not trying to sound like a "downer" with this. But the situation needed to be brought up.

Reactions: Ganryu
I wouldn't mind a reboot considering all the "inactive" members, but it'd be nice to continue considering all the time we've all put in.

Im still here for whatever, I really need to post with Illea. Not sure what to do with Zuo Ci
Im up for anything, reboot, slapping it, ect

Last edited:
At this point it is even futile to make a roll call. People will say they are around but when it gets to posting, the majority will not. Yep its the majority now just wont post. I've even given them the opportunity to post as they see fit. I mean, not everyone has to go to the trouble brewing in the rukongai, but even then.. No one actually posts. I mean the activity has decreased alot.

So there's that. A roll call is useless. A reboot. Honestly, I'd rather not restart this entire RP all over again when we're at this point in the RP. Only one solution comes to mind. Kick the inactive members away and advertise the RP for fresh new members.

If that does not work then this RP will end up in the graveyard. I will not attempt to keep this alive when the players are literally not posting. I know some are.

Well I'll wait till you decide whats happening or how this will be handled before I post..or might just post regardless in a day or two. Can't say I blame you with the ultimate sollution or the current way of dealing with it.

Imma post now. Make a bit boom.

I wonder on a scale of 1-10 how back stabbed Illea is getting.

Indeed solutions aren't pleasant. Though I'm not much better atm, at least I can not so proudly say that I'm sick as a dog and getting better kind of takes precedent. Stupid trips...

Anyway, Akashi has heard enough of my "this is why I don't" spiels on Skype. And he's absolutely correct. A roll call is pointless. Supposing things are still happening, if there's no meaningful progress by the time my head stops throbbing, I say we just finish up immediate scenes for some small level of closure and let sleeping dogs lie.

Eh, I count 6+ active. All RP's have their high and lows, the lows can be useful for weeding out the worthless players and knowing who you can move on with. My experience is if an RP lasts through a few, it's set to last for quite a while. I always attach a 'burning house rule' that says if someone disappears for no reason, their char is dead.

Burning house rule is fine if things are in straight numerics or if the people who get burned aren't important plotwise. If we're liberal about it, quick, and the good people all stay on, it can work in a rough fashion. However, it would be even better to just operate with a super strict strainer and just develop that limited core group in the first place. People who are consistent are regulars and generally don't allow regulars en masse. It is a bit cold but that's why I usually start with 1x1s, then slowly expand from "proven and tested". Anyway, I digress... Burning house works well to determine said core and stable group but it doesn't help the RP a whole lot. I mean, are we really going to just kill them and have the Xth division captain replaced 4 times in succession? For half of the cast? There's no denying that it puts stress on the RP and the most common result is that you don't reach a normal end so much as that the heavy lifters just end up taking more and more responsibility. Burning house is an RPer straining method, not an RP survival method.

I am still here by the way, just so I don't get counted as inactive.

Oh, no. You've been posting. I hardly think there's been a question as far as you're concerned.

Oh, no. You've been posting. I hardly think there's been a question as far as you're concerned.
I figured but I just wanted to make sure, rather be safe then sorry later.

Status
Not open for further replies.