• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevvy not sure if you know but I did respond as Sieg

I'm fully aware. I also fully intend to let you all work it out and Akashi agrees. It was done in this fashion on purpose so that people would notice why stuff gets messy when people start posting ahead, making the assumption (autoing other characters to make them stand still so they can do whatever they want) that they will simply be allowed to run off and do unreasonable things. When it is seen in application, it has more of an impact than some stuffy GM mandating out orders.

Appearance:
timeskip_masako_by_reimeinoyoru_d6n2qv0_by_rei_kiri-d7n7xob-jpg.83549

Name:
Aki Kobayashi

Division:
Captain - Rookie
Accessories:
Fingerless Forearm gloves and two Kanzashi (Pointy Japanese hairpins) and of course the 7th division's captain's cloak. She owns a small basenji dog named Tadao who she keeps at the division 7 barracks and is her favorite companion.

Zanpakuto name:
Kizoku-Ha (Noble Leaf)
Zanpakuto sealed appearance:
A bigger double handed sword that she carries on her back, yet still a bit slim and elegant
Zanpakuto Shikai Appearance:
Like a regular katana except for a leaf shaped hand guard that is actually sharp as well as a small chain.
0fab54e7269c56b3e0221602c3d186ce-2-jpg.83552

Zanpakuto Bankai Appearance:
Tab 1
new-japanese-samurai-font-b-sword-b-font-t1095-steel-katana-steel-font-b-tanto-b-jpg.83553
Tab 2
lots_of_leaves-13959-jpg.83554

Zanpakuto Shikai Abilities:
Since Kizoku-ha gets in the shape of a katana, and with its much thinner form it gives Aki a sort of speed boost that can make her a blur to weaker enemies. The problem is that the speed boost creates a sort of very big rush that, when she becomes still, can make her fatigued.
Zanpakuto Bankai Abilities:
Basic Bankai ability:

Similar to Byakuya Kuchiki's Bankai, Aki's zanpakuto scatters into autumn leaves. Unlike it, the leaves serve as a sort of pathway or bridge for Aki to travel in. For example, they allow her to appear wherever they touch, though her little jumps are limited to a count of 3 for the time being. Once those jumps run out, Aki only has the slight speed boost that comes with her Bankai. When needed, some of the leaves can reform to make a strong yet shorter sword for her to use in combat, and, though she has no control over them, the leaves have a mind of their own, and they will attack enemies of their own will. Aki has yet to discover how to become one with her zanpakuto and work with these leaves better. These leaves are sharp as the blade they come from and anyone who touches them could be shredded instantly if attacked in quantity. Although, they are easy to deflect and cut down, there is an unlimited number of these leaves as they seem to continue to form, though they lose any lethality when cut down, simply becoming regular leaves.
Kyozo:
Kyozo is a new ability for Aki's Bankai which creates much confusion for an enemy. Aki's leaves come to form mirror images of herself, and though they are just phantoms, it could be hard to keep up with multiples and find out which is the real Aki. The 7th Division captain still has yet to figure out her true potential with this ability and whether the phantoms can be made more resistant to direct hits than just poofing back into leaves.

Captain Kobayashi still has a lot to learn about her Zanpakuto's abilities, and being a rookie captain, she will come to find at least one or two more abilities in her Bankai.

Kido Spells:
Bakudo #68, Tsuiseki-wa - A small feather of light is released into the wind and tracks and follows a target. The target has to be in sight when the spell is made and it cannot continue to track unless the user is not too far away.
Bakudo, Barrier #71, Hikari tojikome - Four walls of light confine a target and trap it inside. The light can be blinding depending on the amount of power the user puts into the spell.
Hado #86, Hinotama - A ball of light and fire is blasted from the users palm to the target, which explodes into other balls of fire when making contact. Works well when facing a large amount of enemies as it can take out multiple - yet only weaker - opponents.
Other Skills:
Strength - Her size and build can deceive many but she is a strong woman, with a good tolerance for pain.
Close Combat- She is skilled in close combat due to her time in the Onmitsukido where she used it for stealth missions and combined with her strength this skill is very useful to her. She trains feircely to better herself in this skill, as she finds it very important to do so.

Personality:
On the outside, Aki is a polite and thoughtful woman who always ponders on what to say and what is being said instead of outright joining into a conversation, speaking her mind when need be. She does have a temper which she is famous for. Out of politeness, she prefers not to show her anger in loud displays but through pursed lips, sharp quiet words that are scarier than an angry rant, and simmering body language, though in her division and among other divisions other than the captains, she is seen as an angry dragon lady as she is more tough on those who are in her division and so on despite her efforts to keep her angry displays to a minimum(as best she can), though she does accept being "annoyed" or "bothered" (as they believe her to be) by her division members than mostly any other shinigami. Though she does have a temper, she cares for her division members like a family and keeps everyone in line despite her rather younger age and short time being Captain.
Background:
Aki was born in Junrinan(District 1) of the Rukon District. She grew up with her grandfather, who was a peaceful yet strong man who owned a small shop of trinkets and jewelry he liked to make out of the randomest of things. He taught her of his craft as well as small lessons in simple close combat skills in case she would need them. Though she loved her grandfather greatly, Aki felt she needed more in life and knew she had potential for something greater, feeling her heart tugging for a better purpose. She would realize later on that this tugging was her Zanpakuto spirit, Kizoku-Ha. Her grandfather felt proud of her decision yet sad to see her go. He gave her the two Kanzashi she always wears in her hair before enrolling in the Academy. She graduated with exceptional skills, soon becoming a member of the Onmitsukido. That soon did not work out well for her, staying in it for only a two years, due to her temper and contradicting kindness in her personality, and so she transferred into Division 7 and rose quickly to become the strong captain of said division though she hasn't been captain for long. Soon after becoming captain, her division members found a stray dog wandering in their barracks. Not knowing what to do, they went to her for help, and so she took the dog in and he has been her most loyal furry friend ever since, going everywhere with her when he could keep up except for dangerous times. Aki has a lot to learn as a rookie captain, though she finds the responsibility as an honor, paperwork or otherwise.

(Let me know if anything must be changed)

(Changed a few things)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ganryu
A few things. What does the shikai do? Is it a speed boost? It sorta sounds like it but you also say that she's still fast as though there was some reason she'd be slower than normal but maintains her usual speed.

While balanced, please create distinct differences between the bankai and Senbonzakura. We listed out in the initial rules a bit about that because we wanted people to get inventive rather than pull existing material to port over. For reference, rule 17.

Kido spells go up to 99. Any custom spells you can discuss the balance of with Akashi. Personally, I see no problem with those in the correct number range. However, I do think that Heddonpanchi is unnecessary. There's something like 4 canonically existing spells to do basically the same thing.

Where is the balance to this character? Rookie captain is what's listed but what I'm reading is this.

Speed - Really, really fast. Senior?
Strength - Very strong. Veteran at least?
CQC skill - Very, very high. High at least?
Kido - Senior at bare minimum?

No real noted weak points other than a bit of a lack of zanpakuto exploration. How can this character really be a rookie?

Shoot yeah I was thinking the same thing reading it over actually. I will make those changes ASAP. I guess the late hour got to me in thinking it through the first time. But will fix it up. I apologize for this rough CS.

A few things to keep in mind mechanically. Nothing wrong, just some notes.

Those jumps are not teleportations, just quick pathways and those pathways do take up space. You can absolutely be obstructed.

If you're going to use a zanpakuto that has a mass of information, be ready to track it and state it. You will be required to do so. This is fine. It just entails work and keeping it all straight in your head.

All other balancing calls and matter of custom kido, etc, etc I leave to Akashi to handle at his leisure.

I posted ahead in our conversation? I could have sworn my last post was on the same time as yours at the time

I think you misunderstood. Satori was fighting Guerra. Dakota makes a response that assumes that Satori stands there like a fool, completely letting go of her position for no reason at all and proceeds to interact with other people, advancing RP time. A bunch of people interact, not realizing that Dakota effectively autoed Satori (the assumption that she just stands there) and skipped ahead. So I made this post purposely, under full knowledge that it creates a conflict of continuity to make a point.

When people make longer posts, they need to take into account that others are not obligated to let them monologue or get away without a fight. Doing so creates continuity breaks, leaving a situation where I either go about what I was going to do (which makes plenty of sense for the character) but no longer makes sense with the recent posts because people interacted with the person who skipped ahead (inadvertently supporting the one who did the autoing and the skipping) or I simply opt to forever let anyone get away as much as they want by continually doing something in bad practice, skipping ahead and assuming that other characters stand there like idiots, allowing them to do whatever they want without interruption.

If it looks messy to you, that's good. It should because that's what happens if everyone posts sensible continuations to their previous situation after someone skips ahead. You have 2 separate, conflicting trains of events as a result.

While you could have read it all and noticed the assumption, I'm not blaming you. I'm doing this to put it on display to show everyone how messy it is so we can not repeat this in the future and have a smoother flow for the RP.

Hey, was wondering if anyone could give me a brief summary of what's happening with everyone currently. A few days ago, I came down with a bad stye and ended up having to use the strong medicine that I hate to take because... Well, it makes me partially blind. Seriously, it's been a couple days and my sight is still blurry, making it incredibly annoying to read through anything. I'm just genuinely confused as to the whereabouts of people and their current statuses.

Simply chaos really with most captains against a few Espadas. And Nevvy I get that so should I just post as Nene in this case and leave Sieg be?

Well, I understand the chaos part... I meant more of who vs. whom, anyone severely injured or the like? Illea is incapacitated currently right? Or no?

If you refer to the thing with me not responding with Kayano yet, that is up to you. I don't opt to do all posts with all characters I control at once necessarily and in this case, I wanted it to be notably separate since I was making a point and at the time, I had very little posting time. Once I've given it a more thorough read through, you'll get your post. Kayano will likely being dragging Seig away from the main combat zone. I just need to do an interaction check to make sure nothing else is getting in the way of that first which I didn't have time to do before.

Very understandable. Seig is severely injured and still on the ground with the yandere next to him. Illea has been dropped back off in Las Noches but is severely injured. No one else is nearly as bad off as those two. I'm currently a bit busy but when I get to doing my full read through, I'll also do a list of who is fighting whom if no one else beats me to it.

Alright, thanks Nevvy! Now I'll force myself to read through Red's and Art's posts and reply. Hopefully I'll be less blind within the next days -.-'

Correction. Sieg is severely sick with a bacterial disease XD

• Useful
Reactions: Ganryu
Yes, yes. Though he won't be as bad off now that Illea isn't in close proximity to him. He's just not doing a whole lot.

sample_7b35f24a7baa998d48c0d7e71ab24e94d57a183e.png

Zuo Ci

(surname first)

Division: 4th

Accessories: Energy pills- these small pills energize those who swallow them, and while they do not restore Reiryoku, they allow users to ignore fatigue. They also only last 5 minutes before a large crash will incapacitate any user.

Zanpakutō Sealed Appearance: A small green tanto kept in Ci's sleeves. It is ominously costed in blood
Zanpakutō Shikai Appearance: The only difference is Hīringu Shiv glows blue
Shikai Abilities: Eh, whatever, Hīringu Shiv

Hīringu Shiv is a healing type Zanpakuto that energizes the body into regenerating under its knife.

Soothe, an aura that removes pain is emitted from the blade to stop the otherwise excruciating healing abilities. Ci never uses it on anyone else, he claims it tires him out.

Kido Spells:
Hado Bakudo Combination
* Byakurai * El Escudo Dirk
* Sōkatsui * Kyokkō  
* Shakkahō * Hyapporankan Sakuyaku roddo
* Haien * Geki Moeru ōra
* Tsuzuri Raiden * Hōrin Denryū
* Shō * Kakushitsuijaku  
* Gaki Rekkō * Sentan Hakuja  
* Daichi Tenyō * Tenteikūra  
  * Seki  
Kido Combinations:
* Hyapporankan & Shakkoho-Sakuyaku roddo

Ci infuses each rod with an explosive spell, causing them to detonate on impact.
* Geki & Haien- Moeru ōra
After drawing the symbols, a burning aura engulfs the opponent, causing them paralysis and severe burns
* Horin & Tsuzuri Raiden-Denryū
Running Electricity through Horin, Ci has an electric Whip.
* El Escudo & Byakurai- Dirk
Blocking an incoming attack with El Escudo with enough force to crack the shield, Ci then shots a Byakurai straight through the crack at an opponent.

Skills:

*Kido master- the entire reason Ci is a Lieutenant, he is able to effortlessly weave and combine kido. Ci is never a fan of larger kido, and anything over 70 requires an incantation.
**Kido combination- Ci prefers to combine Hado and Bakudo
**Kaidō Expert- Sadly, Ci is good at healing others with healing kido. How much effort he'll put forth is another question however.
*Lots of experience- in his long years, Ci has seen things.

Personality: Ci loves nothing more than a good laugh, unfortunately nothing is funnier than the misfortunes of others to Ci, which is why he is so happy to be in his division. He proudly has the title of the biggest jackass in the Seireiti. Messing with people is the fastest way he's found to get the reactions he wants, and so he does, often claiming to be just an old man with dementia. It is also his first route of excusing his actions.

Ci enjoys his division, and while he is (sadly) very good at his job, he probably has more malpractice deaths than most 2nd division agents have assassinations. Ci tries to keep it to a 1 in 25 ratio. He also welcomes any bullying towards his squad, as 'everyone has to see the Doctor sometime.' That, and few people do it better than he does.

Ci's constant laugh searching however means he never really put the effort needed to become a captain, and he probably never will.

History: Zuo Ci was raised in an extremely prominent clan in the Seireiti, a noble family with all the perks that could spoil a boy. He never really had any trauma or problems in the safe heaven that was the Seireiti nobility. He decided it was boring, nothing ever happened, and so he enlisted to become a shinigami.

Zuo's talent became apparent, kido was his forte, his only forte, and so he was put into the Kido corps for many years, more years than most shinigami have been alive. However, after an investigation, where a portal team suddenly went missing, Ci was suddenly a suspect in the case. While it was never proven, the result was appearant, that Ci had tampered with the portal for kicks and giggles, and caused it to suck all members of the team into the dangai. With growing suspicion on him, and multiple attempts on his life, Ci decided it was probably time to transfer to an actual division. Looking for the coziest division, he tried applying to the 4th division, but was rejected for the transfer.

Ci for the first time in his life put effort into training, and spent most of his time learning Kaido and Bakudo. Eventually his mastery of these new skills, alongside his already mastered Hado allowed Ci to see new sides to Kido that many shinigami hadn't, and he began to combine them. It seemed a promising time for him. About this time however, the evidence became clear about his involvement with the Kido corps, and he was sentenced to maggots nest. Ci stayed there for about 100 years, before eventually using kido to surprise the guard with an invisible fire, and escaped. He grew a mustache, and reentered the academy under a new name, and applied for the 4th division. This time he made it in, and quickly grew to become Lieutenant. Ci became cozy in his position, and stayed their for hundreds of years.

Last edited:
Thats one tough grandpa.

Yayyy the super npc generic healer became a PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.