Status
Not open for further replies.
New NPC. Leader for the Espada added on page 14. Know that he is only a background character. Only to move the plot forward in some situations.

If anyone has any questions, ask away.

NPC List has also been updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota K5
Not the same person I had in mind, but I should be done with my bio today.

The anticipation for this to start is maddening.

Akashi should have the IC up by either today, guaranteed tomorrow otherwise last I checked.

Reactions: Iroh
bleach_oc__captain_gashigo_by_onyx_vx-d3vocl6.png

latest

Name: Natsuko Sunemizuki | Age: 1,019 | Gender: Female | Division: 5th | Rank: Captain - High

Accessories:
Bandages wrapped around her person. Typically, she will use this mummified appearance to frighten her subordinates into working harder, having them believe it covers some injury or holds some medical purpose. In truth, it is due to the tradition in their family that the womens' spouses be the first to see their face and body, and thus should remain covered until marriage.

zanpakuto_by_the_xie-d6vuqtf.jpg

Shikai Abilities:
Babiron no ō
Natsuko's shikai does not much aside from allow for the focusing of reiatsu into her blade to thus be fired from it, though that explanation makes it sound much more straightforward than it actually is. While that is all Natsuko does, she holds further control over it than that. As an example, Natsuko could focus her energy into the blade, then swing downwards with it towards an opponent. Should she will it, the blast fired from it could shoot out immediately after the sword ceases movement, or the energy could sit there, delayed for a few moments before shooting out. Were Natsuko to make many slashes and swings, about as many that it takes to create a Japanese character, all at different angles and sizes, she would be capable of making the energy blast forth the moment she finishes one stroke and moves onto another, or she could finish the "character" fully, then have each dash shoot forth at timings different from the order in which they were created.

Bankai Abilities:
Ō no Zaihō
With Natsuko's bankai, her blade itself serves no actual aggressive purpose. All it does is allow for a better control and manipulation of reiryoku and reishi. During her bankai, Natsuko will construct hundreds of blades out of reishi, thousands even should she push herself, then fire them at a target or targets. To be more accurate, she'll fire them at the target's area. Due to the mass amounts of weaponry she constructs, Natsuko isn't capable of directing them all with a marksman's precision. Were she to construct but a few, then her accuracy would increase, but it wouldn't be capable of a large, destructive barrage. Typically, after a barrage, she will dispel the blades so as to use the reishi for new ones.

Kido Spells:
Master of Kido. Is familiar and makes use of high level Bakudo and Hado-class Kido, though is capable of base-level Kaido as well. Natsuko is very reliant on the use of Kido, sometimes not even drawing her zanpakuto in a battle due to her confidence in her manipulation of reiryoku.

Some of her more known spells are:
  • -Hadō #73: Sōren Sōkatsui- Generating blue energy with his/her index and middle fingers, the practitioner makes a pushing motion with both of his/her palms to push the gathered energy toward the target in a concentrated blast.
  • -Hadō #88: Hiryū Gekizoku Shinten Raihō- The practitioner raises his/her arm forward and outstretched, occasionally using their free hand to grip the firing arm for extra support, with the palm facing flat toward the target, and fires a gigantic beam of electrical and spiritual energy, which creates an enormous explosion upon impact.
  • -Hadō #90: Kurohitsugi- The practitioner generates purple/black spiritual energy, which envelops the target with a powerful torrent of gravity before taking the form of a box of black energy, covered in several spear-like protrusions which pierce the box, lacerating the one inside from head to toe.
  • -Bakudō #61: Rikujōkōrō- Pointing his/her index finger at the target, the practitioner generates a spark of yellow energy, which summons six thin, wide beams of light that slam into a target's midsection and hold them in place.
  • -Bakudō #73: Tozanshō- As the spell ignites at a single point, blue energy extends upward to four points and forms an inverted pyramid, which solidifies into a barrier around the caster/target.

Other Skills:
  • -Shunpo- Capable of a level fitting of a Captain-class Shinigami, albeit not much more than that. Natsuko, as she relies more on her Kido and long-range combat, is not as skilled as some of her comrades when it comes to such physical skills.
  • -Swordsmanship- Natsuko possesses skill with a blade that you would expect of someone coming from a royal family and with her experience; that is to say, she's rather adept despite hardly ever drawing her blade in combat.
  • -Energy (Reiatsu, Reishi, Reiryoku, etc) Control- Natsuko is considered a master regarding the control and manipulation of the various spiritual energies and matter. This is typically seen during her use of high-level Kido with excellent prowess. She is capable of raising her reiatsu to a very uncomforting point or hiding it almost completely.

Personality:
Brooding and creepy are words those around the Captain would describe her as. The woman has a habit of sulking, mumbling incoherently and scaring the living shit out of people with not just her words and way of speaking but through her habit of just popping up wherever the hell she feels like with zero notice. Natsuko constantly has bags under her eyes; whether it's from a kind of insomnia or from the fact that she works a lot in penance for her family's past actions is unknown. The woman is very coarse and matter of fact, very much despising politics and beating around the bush, precisely because those two acts were what caused the downfall of her clan. This is also because she feels that acts of subtlety don't actually accomplish anything in the long run.

A bit amusingly, or pitifully depending on how you see it, Natsuko seems to hold a bitterness towards attractive women or ones with spouses and/or children, mainly as she does yearn for such a family but has been unable to find anyone to wed all these years.

History:
The Sunemizuki family was once one of the more esteemed and gifted of the noble families in the Soul Society regarding the manipulation of reiryoku and reishi. Natsuko remains the current head of the family, as well as the only remaining descendent of it.

The heralded family was always rather secretive in its own traditions and activities; obviously very prideful. While it appeared wholesome and cooperative on the outside, its inner workings were quite stressful. Constant competition between heirs amplified with worth determined by success or failure created a distrustful family that only ever really managed to get along when it came to maintaining a high public opinion. Ironically, they would soon earn one of the worst reputations of the noble families.

The slaughter of the family came as a surprise to nearly all. Their obsession with an acceptable public opinion definitely helped some as no one really expected the family to perish in such a way. Upon further investigation and testimonies from the only survivor, who no longer had a reason to remain quiet, the family's internal strife and conflicts were made public. Sabotage, blackmail and even accounts of assassination were suspected to have occurred, all while they were believed to be so peaceful and reserved. Apparently, the massacre was started when primary heir to the clan was robbed of their future title; through less than honorable means, of course. The former heir took his aggression out on the matter in a not-so-subtle way, as was most of the family's style, and assaulted the one that stole from him his position. From there, the matter only escalated. The boy, in the high of his adrenaline, widened his assault to any in his sight, believing that they all wished to rob from him what was rightfully his. Since the boy held such an affinity regarding reiryoku and its use and was already trained as a Shinigami, those who sought to defend themselves stood little chance. The attacker only fell when he turned away from a family member of the Kido Corps at the time, who hadn't yet perished and was struck with a kido from behind.

Natsuko and her parents only survived as they had left the premises to conduct a marriage interview with what would have been the girl's fiance. Needless to say, after the internal slaughter of the family, the amount of people that wished to be involved with the family diminished drastically and her to-be fiance's family didn't waste time pulling any interaction with the Sunemizuki's. Natsuko's father, being the only remaining male of the family, took the title of head and did what he could with the remainder of his life to mend the clan's reputation. Unfortunately, he managed to accomplish little.

After her parent's passing, Natsuko took the title of head; the first female to take the title in the family's history, though that wasn't very surprising considering she was now the only remnant of the bloodline. It wasn't much of a family anymore and Natsuko spent her own life prior to enlisting in the Gotei 13 doing the same as her father; attempting to mend her family's reputation and find a spouse. Now, it might have been easier were she to negotiate taking the name of whomever her husband would be, but she wanted her family to grow and prosper; to not repeat its past mistakes. However, that narrowed the amount of willing men down significantly from the small pool she might could have found to begin with.

Eventually, she decided that enlisting in the Gotei 13 might do well to raise public opinion, but only were she to reach a position of significance such as Captain, which is precisely what she did. Over the years prior to the current, Natsuko has done well to serve the Soul Society as Captain of the 5th Division. However, those that even still remember her family haven't forgotten about it.

EXTRA:

Last edited:
There's my Shinigami. Let me know if anything's amiss.

OH GOD SHIMONETA

Dibs on fighting your character, the fight of the bandaged girls.

So we have the tame man hunter and the psycho man hunter. Best team in calling it

I don't see any issues either.

Nuuuu the image I always used for my game character user, was put in deviation ;____;

Thanks guys ^^

Yes, Shimoneta is her face. You will be getting no fanservice from her, however.

And @Ganryu you are just a bandaged loli. I am a mummified woman. You stand no chance!

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Cush Almighty
Thanks guys ^^

Yes, Shimoneta is her face. You will be getting no fanservice from her, however.

And @Ganryu you are just a bandaged loli. I am a mummified woman. You stand no chance!
I'm betting on Ganryu...sorry.

Thanks guys ^^

Yes, but my loli's bandages extend beyond fashion, and single awareness! (This is going to suck when I actually have to fight you now)

I'll attempt having my done today as soon as I can, but my bankai ability is proving difficult to decide on, or to find one suitable.

I myself also have to do the bankai plus decide on a good history for her.

Alright people. I will have the IC up today :)

I should probably do the edits Nevvy asked today. Depends if I have to travel. 80 hour weeks suck when they happen

Status
Not open for further replies.