• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Among other things, Loki was incredibly adept at charming, distracting and maneuvering people into putty in his hands. People like Coulson had this gift, but Loki was someone who could.. more literally.. change a person's viewpoint to match his own. Of course, doing that here would most likely create tension, so he wouldn't be doing any of that now. Turning to glance at a pretty brunette, he smirked and tilted his head. "Oh, please, call me Loki. Director Loki makes me sound so old." He nodded at her next statement and started walking, expecting her to walk with him. "To the left, you say? Thank you, I'll remember that." The main reason why the people behind the curtain really wanted him in charge was because they needed someone they could control. People like Coulson and Fury were two examples of people that those curtain execs couldn't control. At the same time, they needed someone who wouldn't roll over, someone who could take a hit and someone who understood a good objective. So, reaching out to Asgard, they petitioned that he do some sort of community service on Earth. It took a quite a lot of convincing, but eventually enough heads agreed on the matter and the plans were underway.

Once reaching the office, he touched the handle and pushed it open, strolling inside and taking a look around. It was bigger than he expected, but he thought he could make good use of the space. Walking over to his desk, he sat down in the big leather chair behind it and clasped his hands together. "Now, what do we need to talk about?"
Jemma wasn't quite sure what to say right now, since he hadn't spoken to her yet. Perhaps she should also inform him about Mr. Lasket's quest to fix the super solider serum which had some glitches, but it wasn't a matter of main concern for her as she would remind herself for now. She was surprised that he hadn't tried to charm the people to help him, oh the story that circulated around this man was long and impressive. There was the bit of information that he had killed Coulson, but there was also the matter that he had mindcontrolled Hawkeye to do his binding and turned him against his team and that wasn't so good in her mind too. She also knew that he had angered the other man who was standing there on multiple occassions for different reasons, though they were indeed still very related. " Loki, I will remember that for the future," she replied to him, her mind figuring out how to bring up the next conversation with the new director. She wouldn't mention that she had told the team a very abridged version or the fact she was originally planning to go alone, because it would look bad on her part. Jemma has always known to be the one who wished to impress her boss, or at least rarely spoke up.

There were moments where she wished that she could forget her past. She knew that she was one of the few people who had traveled to a foreign planet outside of Earth and survived. " I recieved a call on my private line by someone, an Ava Smith who told me something big was happening in DC and to meet her at the Lincoln Memorial for more information, it was very strange and I feel obligated to check it, but do not wish to go along and have the team. I was hoping to take a small team, not all of our members to check it out," she said to him. " I did prepare a small list, unless you wish to decide them."

Zane- HYDRA Base

Zane looked over at her and considered what to say to the wonder triplet. " You can eat that at any time, it is the food made for you, nobody would consider it to be too bad," he said. God, how much longer would he have to be concerned for this damn child?

@neobendium

NEW YORK
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin push his thugs aside as they are still startled at how the girl took their blows without even flinching. He hated talking with girls, talking with her are gonna make him so nervous that he could start stuttering at mid talk, but he had to do it, his men would waste his chances with her.
"Seems like we started with the wrong foot wildcat, I reckon you have bigger b**** than these two, so you have earned my respect, would like to hear a job offer?" Calvin speak slowly, trying to avoid get stuck at midphrase, luckly for him he had stopped sweating long time ago or he would be soaked by now.
"Shes crazy boss!, surely shes so doped that dont know what the hell its happening! let us finish her!"
Calvin turns to them "I handle this, go with the others and wait for me, now, get lost"

New York City- Luna Adler

Luna arched an eyebrow as she took another step back. A job offer? Her eyes drifted over to the retreating thugs. It was tempting, she'd admit, but she really didn't want to fall to their level. Not again.

"Listen, and listen close," she said in a firm voice. "I'm not going to be one of your brainless thugs, coerced into doing your dirty work. I'm a drifter. That's it. And I'll be leaving now. You won't need to hear from me again." She began backing up again, slowly, testing if he'd let her go without a fight.

@Onl6470

Last edited:
NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin sighs after hearing the still defiant girl, it was difficult enough talking to her without stuttering, and now he had to stop her, he could let her go but he risked her calling the cops even when she didint seem intrested in helping the other bums.
"I havent told you that you can go, you haven even heard what you can earn or lose..." Calvin start walking toward her, as he walk he begins to take off one of his gloves, the leather was already begining to rot as he let it fall to the ground.
"I dont like to hurt girls, not if I dont have to, Im not a normal thug wildcat, Im a monster and monsters aint afraid of hurting"
Calvin slide his fingers along the dirty brick wall, as he do that the bricks begins to fill with what looks like some kind of greyish mold where his fingers touched it.

"See that?, its much worse on the skin, I know, I have done it several times so I know what Im talking about, you will change your mind?"

@neobendium

Luna watched the mold and took a few more steps back as he approached. Well, that was a negative to escaping so easily. She sighed. After a second, she looked him straight in the face and replied with an ever-stubborn "No." Then she sighed again.
"Look, I'm leaving soon anyway. You don't want me. I'm not someone that people trying to stay low and hidden want." She spread her palms toward him in what she hoped would seem like an apologetic gesture.

Damn. Looks like she might have to shift.

@Onl6470

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin keep advancing even if the girl now was stepping back but even then she faces him, "leaving? but why? isnt this the greatest city in the world?, you dont want to be rich? have money? power?, I do, thats why I do what I do, to have power and be rich, but I need help, I cant do it all by myself, I need people like you, valiant and smart, you are smart enough to know that if you refuse me I cant let you go, yes?"
Calvin feels how the hungry worms move around him, they want to eat and the sooner the better.

@neobendium

Even though she was masking it well, Luna was scared. She had been ever since the mold had started growing in his wake. "Oh, yes, I'm fully aware of that," she replied with a tight smile. "But unlike you, I don't want to be powerful. I have no need for riches. I don't want to draw attention to myself."

And with that, she turned and poured on the speed, heading for a rusty fire escape.

@Onl6470

L o k i
Avengers' / SHIELD Base
He listened to what she was saying and nodded. "You have been here longer than me, so if there is something you would like to check out you are free to do so." He was, as you could call it, playing ball. He had two rules to stay here: Play nice, and do your job. Those were two rules that for once, he would follow.

"If it's nothing more than a consultation take a small team, just in case something else arises. You should make sure you're protected even if it is just one person, you don't know what they can do. Take the.. quinjet, do you call it? Have two individual teams, one in each direction in case you need to escape or in case the other tries to run." He advised. "Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?" He asked, raising a quizzical eyebrow. He had this director thing down pat. Or at least, he did from the amount of TV shows he had watched about CSI type dramas. Maybe he was reading too much into this. Maybe most of this was just paperwork. Whatever it was going to be, it was off to a good start. Office, check. Big boss leather chair? Check. Telling people what to do? Eh... check.

He listened to what she was saying and nodded. "You have been here longer than me, so if there is something you would like to check out you are free to do so." He was, as you could call it, playing ball. He had two rules to stay here: Play nice, and do your job. Those were two rules that for once, he would follow.

"If it's nothing more than a consultation take a small team, just in case something else arises. You should make sure you're protected even if it is just one person, you don't know what they can do. Take the.. quinjet, do you call it? Have two individual teams, one in each direction in case you need to escape or in case the other tries to run." He advised. "Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?" He asked, raising a quizzical eyebrow. He had this director thing down pat. Or at least, he did from the amount of TV shows he had watched about CSI type dramas. Maybe he was reading too much into this. Maybe most of this was just paperwork. Whatever it was going to be, it was off to a good start. Office, check. Big boss leather chair? Check. Telling people what to do? Eh... check.
Jemma looked at him and noticed that he had nodded. He seemed to be giving her free reign over what she wanted to do. That was certainly something that Coulson and any other director of SHIELD was rarely shown to do. She assumed that he was just being used, but she wasn't about to question anything about that. She was smart enough for them to be home.

" I planned for my small team to be myself, Eoin, Nathan and Wren. All four of them should be capable of protecting me from the woman if she is a danger. I do know that this call was randomized and that it came from an informant outside of shield. I was planning on bringing the team in small groups, well, expect for Lincoln and Steven. Despite the man being a power-house and very much like his deceased idol of Captain America, he is incredibly unstable due to this serum and both of us have been trying to work on adjustments that will make him more stable, but for now, he seems too risky to take on a mission," she admitted, mentioning this to Loki. She wanted to ask if he knew anything about that inhuman technology they had, but she didn't feel like going back to the planet of death.

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

"What?, what did you say? you dont want to be rich?, you like living in the streets like a dog?, well, I dont!! I dont want to live like a dog! I have a power!! And Im gonna use it to have everything I want!! Dont care if I have to crush a hundred of stupid, small minded girls like you!!" angered Calvin rush trying to catch the girl.
Calvin stops a few steps away from the girl "that aint gonna save you girl, Im stronger than what I look" Calvin then punch the brick wall, as he strikes it his arm sunks to the elbow and then pull it out. "Last chance, join me or die"

Luna leapt for the rungs, pulling herself up to the first landing. Then she ran for the next ladder. She shuddered when he punched through the wall, her dragon side struggling to break free from the restraints she had on it. "You heard me! All I want is to be left alone!" she yelled back, fists clenched. She wasn't stupid or small minded. His saying that would just serve to make her angrier. She struggled to calm down before she shifted prematurely. "I choose neither of your options. And by the way, the only way I'd be living like a dog is if I did agree to come with you." She continued pulling herself to the next level, heading swiftly for the roof.

Maybe she could fly away before he got to her.

@Onl6470

Last edited:
Jemma looked at him and noticed that he had nodded. He seemed to be giving her free reign over what she wanted to do. That was certainly something that Coulson and any other director of SHIELD was rarely shown to do. She assumed that he was just being used, but she wasn't about to question anything about that. She was smart enough for them to be home.

" I planned for my small team to be myself, Eoin, Nathan and Wren. All four of them should be capable of protecting me from the woman if she is a danger. I do know that this call was randomized and that it came from an informant outside of shield. I was planning on bringing the team in small groups, well, expect for Lincoln and Steven. Despite the man being a power-house and very much like his deceased idol of Captain America, he is incredibly unstable due to this serum and both of us have been trying to work on adjustments that will make him more stable, but for now, he seems too risky to take on a mission," she admitted, mentioning this to Loki. She wanted to ask if he knew anything about that inhuman technology they had, but she didn't feel like going back to the planet of death.
L o ki
Avengers' / SHIELD Base​

"Hm.. Soldier serum you say? I agree. We wouldn't want to have a type of Hulk situation on our hands."

He leaned back in his chair and studied her facial expression. It was like there was something else she wanted to say, but didn't know how to say it. He pushed the thought away. She would speak when she was ready. He didn't want to push her too far. That wouldn't be a good first move as Director.

"In the terms of weapons, I'd very much prefer if you used.. were they called Night-night guns? It would be easier to find out what she wants if she's not dead." He had heard up the vineyard that they had formulated a new type of weapon. Non-lethal, but also powerful enough to put the person into a deep sleep. Plus, he loved the name.

Xara Harper / Ava Smith
Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.

Interactions/Mentioned | Jemma Simmons

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xara sat atop the Lincoln Monument, legs swinging in the breeze as she cast an uncertain glance across the canvas. How she got on top of the Lincoln monument, however, was the question. She was sitting right next to Lincoln's feet, hands in her lap. There was a small black plastic case, one used for transporting bio-hazardous goods. Along it, a blue file that contained different papers inside and a few photos. As she sat there, she looked around the memorial, trying to find the woman she would be meeting.​

Eoin stood there and waited for Jemma to finish talking as from the sounds of it this was going to be something that needed less lethal means of fighting, he then went over and took out what seemed to be a taser of some kind and strapped it onto the metal of the armor that he had on. he then grabbed a case which had more of the same type of taser that he had on him and opened it up. ''Take one they should be good for a few rounds but nothing too long or they will have thier cuircits fried'' he said as these were still in the testing stages of what he had in mind for them.

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Under his mask Calvin grit his deformed mouth, his teeths screechs as he grind them. She was too fast to try to follow her, but he had other means, he didnt was afraid of playing dirty.
"Ok go, you deserve it, I applaud your bravery, its a shame that the others surely aint gonna be like you, sure maybe a couple of them will have the b**** to reject me like you did, but you think they will be able to run like you?, anyway, surely their lives aint of any intrest to you, so good bye wildcat, and dont bother calling the cops, I still have a whole hour before the nearest patrol can come back to check whats going on, if you stay on the city surely we will be seeing very soon, you can bet on it".
Calvin turns wondering if she would take the bait or dont.

@neobendium

Luna growled as the guilt hit her. Assuming he was telling the truth, all those innocent- well, mostly innocent- homeless would be either dead or working for the man...which kind of seemed like a death in itself.

Damn her and her soft heart. Damn her heart to hell.

She groaned and smacked her forehead into the railing in frustration. Either shift now and save them and leave immediately, or wait for him to leave, shift, and leave, bargain for them with herself, or just ignore the fact of what he was about to do.

That third option wasn't the best.

She sighed and watched his back keenly. She would try, at least, to save them, even if it meant blowing her cover. Besides, who would believe a bunch of thugs and drunk bums?

Luna finally continued climbing to the roof and got ready to jump. If she could shift as she was launching off the edge, she could probably beat him back to them.

@Onl6470

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin keep walking to the alley resisting the urge to turn back and see if the girl had bit his bait. "Easy.. easy... we will eat in a moment" as he walks he mutters to himself, feeling the disappointment and hunger of the worms inside. He would have to sacrifice a couple of bums to calm the hunger, he hated to do it but was better than feeling the squirming things inside fighting each other.
As he approach to the alley he feel a bit of disappointing as he didnt heard anything from the girl. "Maybe she's smarter than what I thought, good for her, smart people lives longer"

@neobendium

Luna hesitated and ran back behind a generator, stripping off her clothes and then shifting before she jumped instead. No use ruining her only clothes. Then she released her dragon side.

Scales sprouted, traveling over the length of her body as horns shot from her head. Wings unfolded from her shoulder blades, the black leathery skin pulled taut between lightweight bones. A long tail, the spike deadly and gleaming in the light, sprouted from her tailbone. She launched off the roof just as her eyes went from human to reptilian- the dragon had been unleashed.

She'd beat him there if she hurried.

Wings pumping, she soared above him, her massive shadow passing over him swiftly. She prepared a blast of fire, hoping to scare his thugs off first and then get the bums to safety. She was in control of her dragon side...for now...

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin reach the others who had already wrangled the bums putting them against a wall, some of them were bleeding from noses and brows.
"Good night ladies and whatever you are, you may wonder why Im here and what I would want with bunch of scumbags like you, well, Im about to make a big move and need some recruits, more likely cannon fooder but I cant be picky about who's gonna help me, now, any of you have any objection?"
The bums looks at each other dont knowing what to do or what to say, Calvin nods at them "good, good people, I have figured you didnt have brain enough to make the right choice, call the truck we are leaving"
As Calvin wait for the truck he soon see that his men look up, his mouths and eyes wide open. "What the hell are you looking...?"

@neobendium

A blast of silver fire hit the concrete roof above the bums and Luna landed in the flames, silver reptilian eyes locked on the masked man. She snarled, long, sharp teeth bared and shoulders hunched like a cat about to pounce. Her wings were flared out and her tail was lashing from side to side. The flames crackled around her black scales, smoke rising around her like she was a creature from hell.

Hopefully this would scare them off.

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin cant believe what he was seein, a strange, winged creature, like one that you could find on a videogame or a movie. He remains watching it until the spell its broken when the creature spurts flames setting fire to the roof and enlightining the whole alley. Calvin's men and the bums run from there. But Calvin remains there entranced by the fire.
"No... no... no...!!" scared Calvin lift a nearby dumpster and throw it to the creature.

@neobendium

Status
Not open for further replies.