• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jemma Simmons
Avengers/ Shield Base

" It isn't exactly like the Hulk situation, he has anger issues, but otherwise, he is an exact replica of the late Captain America."

He leaned back in his chair and studied her facial expression. It was like there was something else she wanted to say, but didn't know how to say it. He pushed the thought away. She would speak when she was ready. He didn't want to push her too far. That wouldn't be a good first move as Director.

Jemma worried that he was so much like the Captain America that it might be his down fall too. She wasn't sure when she mentioned that she wished she understood why she had survived on the planet more time than any other person in the universe. She paused and wondered if he had any reccomendations.

"In the terms of weapons, I'd very much prefer if you used.. were they called Night-night guns? It would be easier to find out what she wants if she's not dead."He had heard up the vineyard that they had formulated a new type of weapon. Non-lethal, but also powerful enough to put the person into a deep sleep. Plus, he loved the name.

" Yes, the Night- night guns are very non-lethal and would be used in case of an emergency if she proves to be violent, it has been known to get people here without waking them up," she added, as she looked at the director and prepared to leave. " I know this is a weird request, but you should talk to our Captain clone and explain to him why he can't go on missions."

Nathan Stone/ Jemma Simmons
Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xara sat atop the Lincoln Monument, legs swinging in the breeze as she cast an uncertain glance across the canvas. How she got on top of the Lincoln monument, however, was the question. She was sitting right next to Lincoln's feet, hands in her lap. There was a small black plastic case, one used for transporting bio-hazardous goods. Along it, a blue file that contained different papers inside and a few photos. As she sat there, she looked around the memorial, trying to find the woman she would be meeting.

Jemma had arrived early, her two teams hopefully in position. She had no clue what her informant looked like, but she had a feeling the girl knew what she looked like. Walking not too far behind here was Nathan Stone in case things went even more array. Jemma noticed that there was a girl sitting by the statue steps, was this for her? She catiously approached her before she did anything too drastic. " Would you be the woman who called me early today?" She asked, as she needed to confirm before anything else went wrong.

@CookieMonster @the small team ( @neobendium @psychoofireland)
Xara quirked a smirk. "Unless you know anyone else that likes to sit on top of statues in coincidence, I would be your girl." She took a small breath in and looked over to the plastic case next to her, picking it up and placing it in her lap. She nodded to the man behind Jemma, raising an eyebrow. "Do you trust him? It's not that I doubt you, it's just that this is something I don't want anyone on the wrong side to get their hands on."

She picked up the blue folder and the box, and pushing off from the top, she fell to the floor with cat-like grace, before walking a few paces and ducking underneath the velvet rope they used to keep people from crossing over to the statue. Oops.

She extended the blue folder in her hand to Jemma, waiting for her to take it. When she did, what she would find would be three names, along with several photos of them and toxicology reports. "About a month ago, a new drug hit the streets. At first it was just like any other, Meth, Heroin, you get the idea. But certain people developed.. abilities. These abilities were temporary, but it was addicting. The more they took it, the longer their powers lasted, and the more dangerous they became. Several people died. A company named TransFlex created this drug to cause chaos -- and profit while doing so. But there was a problem. A glitch. The drug didn't do the same thing to everyone. So to avoid any press, the people who received powers were murdered in order to cover it up. And the people who knew? Well, let's just say the bodies are piling up. I know, because I helped engineer the drug. The problem is, they're planning on unleashing the drug in a larger scale, this time, there will be no glitch to save us. This time, a whole lot more people are going to die. I have a sample. I was working on a cure, or at least a vaccine, but I don't have the proper equipment and I definitely don't have somewhere I can work. I was hoping you could do something."

She was quiet for a moment before she continued. "The only reason I came to you with this is because Leopold Fitz told me he trusted you, that you were one of the good guys. I really hope that's true. Because otherwise, I'm as good as dead."

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

The SHIELD agents were now too busy trying to not be choked by the strangling vines. Only one of them was still trying to contact the base to warn them of what was happening. "Cen... Central... we... we..." but the vines seem to figure what he was trying to do and tied themselves even more to his neck, arms and hands.
"Agent?, we dont understand, please repeat what you were saying, repeat.." the voice crackled from the communicator.
Now Calvin was begining to twitch, the brain was still not fully formed and his muscles twitched as the worm infested blood was being pumped once again through the veins. The worms also were getting hungrier, the work of bringing him back had awoken his never ending hunger.

@neobendium @york

New York City - Jericho Perkins
@OnI6470 @neobendium

Jericho had to wonder too, hearing what Tara said under her breath; it would all have been for nothing if Calvin had already been dead... But, as soon as he noticed the twitching of his body, all was well, even if Calvin wasn't conscious at the moment, it signified that at least at the moment, Calvin wasn't dead.

"He's good." He muttered under his breath.

Though the were mostly in the clear, Jericho was carefull not too speak too loudly, just incase the SHIELD comms line happened to pick him up... Hopefully they would have time to clear out before things got too hairy.

Iron_Spider.png

"Woah woah woah, what's happening here?"

Your friendly neighbourhood- wait no. That was not Spiderman.

That was Scarlet Spider, swinging by on his webs and landing right in the middle of the slime and the police.

"Care to explain the situation?" Scarlet Spider tries to simmer the situation, then dabs towards the cashier. "Oh, by the way, I'd like a banana split - all scoops strawberry - after this case is good."​
As much as the Cashier wanted to respond he was a little preoccupied trying to avoid being absorbed into the slime. The police cheered at the arrive of the spider hero. They turned there attention to evacuating the area to prevent people from coming into the cross hairs between the superhero and the monstrous slime.

Pori bubbled after hearing the word monster. "I AM NOT A MONSTER!" She pulled all her slime into a giant blob along with the man, completely absorbing the man into the like a those vegetables in jello. The man held his breath while trying to swim out but he was held in place by her constant swirling mass. Then a growl came from her mass around the man. "Your not tasty mean human!" She propelled the man out of her mass through the window in the direction of the superhero. Then she started crawling around the store pulling in all of the desserts, candies, food, and things she thought was food she could find. She did not even notice the hero who came to confront her. As her focus which was on the man was now shifted eating and building up more mass.

As much as the Cashier wanted to respond he was a little preoccupied trying to avoid being absorbed into the slime. The police cheered at the arrive of the spider hero. They turned there attention to evacuating the area to prevent people from coming into the cross hairs between the superhero and the monstrous slime.

Pori bubbled after hearing the word monster. "I AM NOT A MONSTER!" She pulled all her slime into a giant blob along with the man, completely absorbing the man into the like a those vegetables in jello. The man held his breath while trying to swim out but he was held in place by her constant swirling mass. Then a growl came from her mass around the man. "Your not tasty mean human!" She propelled the man out of her mass through the window in the direction of the superhero. Then she started crawling around the store pulling in all of the desserts, candies, food, and things she thought was food she could find. She did not even notice the hero who came to confront her. As her focus which was on the man was now shifted eating and building up more mass.
Scarlet Spider simply caught the man, before placing him on the ground. "You stay here. I've got this covered."

latest

"Hey slimy! That was my banana split!" Scarlet Spider began to launch repulsor blasts at the slime, distracting it and allowing him to escape to the outside of the store. While outside, he launches some webs at the slime's supposed eyes.

"Come get me..."

The Spider's eyes squinted as he launched webs into the sky, clearly ready for takeoff.

"... monster."

And so the chase began.​

Scarlet Spider simply caught the man, before placing him on the ground. "You stay here. I've got this covered."

latest

"Hey slimy! That was my banana split!" Scarlet Spider began to launch repulsor blasts at the slime, distracting it and allowing him to escape to the outside of the store. While outside, he launches some webs at the slime's supposed eyes.

"Come get me..."

The Spider's eyes squinted as he launched webs into the sky, clearly ready for takeoff.

"... monster."

And so the chase began.​
Has after filling her body with different treats, she felt a blast of hot energy pierce her body and burning up some of the food. Her slime core jumped away from the main body after some string pierced her slime body. She wanted to throw a tantrum but she knew she had to escape. She refused to be put into a jar again. History would just have to repeat itself or at least it would had the hero not call her a monster.

This humans insisted on picking on her. Well now she was going to play a prank on them. She thought that maybe if she showed them a real monster but then release them, they would realize she was not bad.

Her slime core, covered in maybe a foot of slime, zipped to the main slime mass and reconnected. Then she squirmed out the building as 4 long snakes and surround the hero.

"If you want me to be a monster. Then Pori will show you a real Monster!"

New York City- Tara Caverly

Tara used yet another vine to wrap around the remote and smash it into the ground, successfully breaking it. "No need to repeat anything," she muttered as a wave of static erupted from the device, smirking a little. She resumed most of her focus on the vines, attacking with more force. The plants moved like leafy snakes, coiling tightly around necks and stomachs, wrapping around hands and faces.

She continued helping carry the twitching Calvin to the van. "Well, that's a relief," was all she replied with. "Though, if he would settle down a bit, it would be appreciated." It was hard to try and carry someone that was moving around.

Has after filling her body with different treats, she felt a blast of hot energy pierce her body and burning up some of the food. Her slime core jumped away from the main body after some string pierced her slime body. She wanted to throw a tantrum but she knew she had to escape. She refused to be put into a jar again. History would just have to repeat itself or at least it would had the hero not call her a monster.

This humans insisted on picking on her. Well now she was going to play a prank on them. She thought that maybe if she showed them a real monster but then release them, they would realize she was not bad.

Her slime core, covered in maybe a foot of slime, zipped to the main slime mass and reconnected. Then she squirmed out the building as 4 long snakes and surround the hero.

"If you want me to be a monster. Then Pori will show you a real Monster!"

3344286-flight_of_the_iron_spider.png

"She's really mad now," Scarlet Spider then proceeds to fire repulsor blasts from his palms to pulverize the serpents. With fancy web-slinging, Scarlet Spider continued to be chase as he strategized.

"That's it!" With that, Scarlet Spider continued to swing... but to where?​

3344286-flight_of_the_iron_spider.png

"She's really mad now," Scarlet Spider then proceeds to fire repulsor blasts from his palms to pulverize the serpents. With fancy web-slinging, Scarlet Spider continued to be chase as he strategized.

"That's it!" With that, Scarlet Spider continued to swing... but to where?​
The snake tentacles reformed after being hit by the repulsor blasts. Though the heat was vaporizing the each piece of slime hit, Pori continued her assault until the the jerk hero took to the skies and started running away. With minimal mass, Pori might have been able to able to keep up. However her objective was not to destroy the hero but instead to scare her. she took a more human shape, standing in a blob of slime and holding out her hands. "Wait Jerk person. I only wanted to scare you a little!" She the hero slowly shrink, she turned to the cops who still had there guns aimed at her. She wonder if she would ever be accepted by anyone. Pulling her main the last of her slime with the food back to her main body out of the store. She decided to cut her loses and retreat. She was still angry at the hero but there was nothing she could do to make her comeback. Also she really did not want to be called a monster anymore. She turned to the cops and blew a raspberry at them. Then she returned to being a big blob and started to flee into the direction of the nearest manhole.

Xara quirked a smirk. "Unless you know anyone else that likes to sit on top of statues in coincidence, I would be your girl." She took a small breath in and looked over to the plastic case next to her, picking it up and placing it in her lap. She nodded to the man behind Jemma, raising an eyebrow. "Do you trust him? It's not that I doubt you, it's just that this is something I don't want anyone on the wrong side to get their hands on."

She picked up the blue folder and the box, and pushing off from the top, she fell to the floor with cat-like grace, before walking a few paces and ducking underneath the velvet rope they used to keep people from crossing over to the statue. Oops.

She extended the blue folder in her hand to Jemma, waiting for her to take it. When she did, what she would find would be three names, along with several photos of them and toxicology reports. "About a month ago, a new drug hit the streets. At first it was just like any other, Meth, Heroin, you get the idea. But certain people developed.. abilities. These abilities were temporary, but it was addicting. The more they took it, the longer their powers lasted, and the more dangerous they became. Several people died. A company named TransFlex created this drug to cause chaos -- and profit while doing so. But there was a problem. A glitch. The drug didn't do the same thing to everyone. So to avoid any press, the people who received powers were murdered in order to cover it up. And the people who knew? Well, let's just say the bodies are piling up. I know, because I helped engineer the drug. The problem is, they're planning on unleashing the drug in a larger scale, this time, there will be no glitch to save us. This time, a whole lot more people are going to die. I have a sample. I was working on a cure, or at least a vaccine, but I don't have the proper equipment and I definitely don't have somewhere I can work. I was hoping you could do something."

She was quiet for a moment before she continued. "The only reason I came to you with this is because Leopold Fitz told me he trusted you, that you were one of the good guys. I really hope that's true. Because otherwise, I'm as good as dead."
Jemma paused and thought about it. It would not be strange for another person who to be waiting and hoping to intercept her, HYDRA had done things that were far more shady than that before. She was surprised that she had noticed Nathan and decided to answer that very catiously. " Yes, I trust him, he's a good person," she said, hoping that he wouldn't ever prove her wrong, lest she would have to explain herself to this woman.

Nathan looked at her and saw the box and folder was on guard. He didn't think that this was going to get any weirder at all and wondered how she gotten on top of their and wondered if they could trust her,he had this bad habit of not trusting strangers easily.

Jemma stared at the blue folder that was being offered her and took it catiously, not sure what horrors would be found in this report, it was a very big mystery and she peaked inside and saw several photos and toxicology reports, whatever this was, it had hurt a lot of people. There was a new drug on the street and apparently it was giving people powers. How long did they keep this secret and were these powers that given like the inhumans or was it something else that was beyond what she had hard, the name of Transflex did not ring a be to her, but it was a possible that she dealt with them befor and didn't even know it, she wondered what this drug did. She paused as a question raced into her head. How did this girl know so much about this drug and why did she know that people were being killed. They were apparently listening to the creator of the drug and she looked at her. " So, essentially, if we don't stop them, they will make something similar to the inhuman power release and make more people with powers, this seems very dangerous to me. If you are indeed telling the truth, we can bring you back to the lab at SHIELD so you can finish the cure or we can try to prevent them from sending the drug out, it seems like either could work."

Nathan paused when the woman mentioned Fitz. That was not something that he expected to hear from this stranger, not in the slightest. " You knew Fitz?" He could detect that Jemma was shocked and rightfully so, Fitz usually told her almost everything.

@CookieMonster

The snake tentacles reformed after being hit by the repulsor blasts. Though the heat was vaporizing the each piece of slime hit, Pori continued her assault until the the jerk hero took to the skies and started running away. With minimal mass, Pori might have been able to able to keep up. However her objective was not to destroy the hero but instead to scare her. she took a more human shape, standing in a blob of slime and holding out her hands. "Wait Jerk person. I only wanted to scare you a little!" She the hero slowly shrink, she turned to the cops who still had there guns aimed at her. She wonder if she would ever be accepted by anyone. Pulling her main the last of her slime with the food back to her main body out of the store. She decided to cut her loses and retreat. She was still angry at the hero but there was nothing she could do to make her comeback. Also she really did not want to be called a monster anymore. She turned to the cops and blew a raspberry at them. Then she returned to being a big blob and started to flee into the direction of the nearest manhole.

smis.jpg

"Oh, come on, really?" Scarlet Spider wondered why the slime thing didn't chase after him. "I don't think there's any reason to run away from me apart from owing me a full strawberry scoop banana split... Anyways, I can't let that thing scurry the town."

Unleashing four waldoes, the Scarlet Spider lands on the ground. The citizens were a little astonished and started to murmur.

"Everyone, I'm trying to concentrate. Please be-"

Before he could complete his sentence, the spider dashes away. Next, one of his waldoes flips a manhole-cover, unveiling the slime-being.​

smis.jpg

"Oh, come on, really?" Scarlet Spider wondered why the slime thing didn't chase after him. "I don't think there's any reason to run away from me apart from owing me a full strawberry scoop banana split... Anyways, I can't let that thing scurry the town."

Unleashing four waldoes, the Scarlet Spider lands on the ground. The citizens were a little astonished and started to murmur.

"Everyone, I'm trying to concentrate. Please be-"

Before he could complete his sentence, the spider dashes away. Next, one of his waldoes flips a manhole-cover, unveiling the slime-being.​

After the manhole cover was flipped, Pori cover the top with her slime and harden said slime as hard as she could. then she fell down into the sewers and continued running away. With all of this water and limited space to move, Pori was prepared to hold her ground should the hero follow her. She kept minimal contact with the water to avoid reducing the control over her body. While it would make her more powerful to absorb the water, she would become much slower and be forced to fight.

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin struggle inside the bag, his hands trying to rip open the bag until, at last, one of his hands rip open the bag.

AT ANOTHER LOCATION

A scientist, clad in a hazmat green suit, his face covered with the hood and breathing apparatus, only the eyes can be seen, he stops suddendly while reads something on his tablet. As he turns his shoulder showing a skull and tentacles emblem. He turns around hurrying to another room. After punching some keys on the door security lock, it opens without a sound.
"Dear?, you got to see this..." he talks with another scientist, also clad in a similar looking green suit but it shows that the scientist its a woman.
"Ummm?, Im busy, cant you see it?" the scientist didnt even turns as shes busy looking through a microscope.
He then makes she turns around spinning the chair so she faces him "believe me, YOU have to see this" he hands her the tablet which she takes, her eyes showing annoyance and a bit of anger.

"Whats so important?, Im in the middle of... oh my, my, my..." she leans against the chair still looking at the images on the screen, it shows Calvin being shot by the police.
"You recognize him?, seems like one of our babies its still out" the male scientist kneels beside the woman so both of them can look at the tablet.
"Of course... barely... Subject... whats was his number?, anyway, I was certain that he had died, mmmm he sure is resilent, just look how many bullets they needed to bring him down"
"It was only because they shot him on the head, look... stop it, now!, you see it?" a gloved hand touch the screen freezing the scene.
The woman put the tablet on his desk "Even dead he could be useful, his data must be obsolete, we leave that research years ago since it lead us to an dead end"

"And still he lives, how he did it?, what kind of abilities he has?" he stand up to embrace the woman from behind.
"Yes, a new specimen, so much to learn, Im dying to have him on our table to cut him open..."

@neobendium @york

Jemma paused and thought about it. It would not be strange for another person who to be waiting and hoping to intercept her, HYDRA had done things that were far more shady than that before. She was surprised that she had noticed Nathan and decided to answer that very catiously. " Yes, I trust him, he's a good person," she said, hoping that he wouldn't ever prove her wrong, lest she would have to explain herself to this woman.

Nathan looked at her and saw the box and folder was on guard. He didn't think that this was going to get any weirder at all and wondered how she gotten on top of their and wondered if they could trust her,he had this bad habit of not trusting strangers easily.

Jemma stared at the blue folder that was being offered her and took it catiously, not sure what horrors would be found in this report, it was a very big mystery and she peaked inside and saw several photos and toxicology reports, whatever this was, it had hurt a lot of people. There was a new drug on the street and apparently it was giving people powers. How long did they keep this secret and were these powers that given like the inhumans or was it something else that was beyond what she had hard, the name of Transflex did not ring a be to her, but it was a possible that she dealt with them befor and didn't even know it, she wondered what this drug did. She paused as a question raced into her head. How did this girl know so much about this drug and why did she know that people were being killed. They were apparently listening to the creator of the drug and she looked at her. " So, essentially, if we don't stop them, they will make something similar to the inhuman power release and make more people with powers, this seems very dangerous to me. If you are indeed telling the truth, we can bring you back to the lab at SHIELD so you can finish the cure or we can try to prevent them from sending the drug out, it seems like either could work."

Nathan paused when the woman mentioned Fitz. That was not something that he expected to hear from this stranger, not in the slightest. " You knew Fitz?" He could detect that Jemma was shocked and rightfully so, Fitz usually told her almost everything.

@CookieMonster
She saw that both Jemma and Nathan were very cautious. It was understandable, after Hydra.. She shook that thought out of her head. "It is dangerous. Not just for me.. but for you as well. I don't want anyone else to get hurt, including you and anyone else you are in contact with. If you do take this on, be aware that they will do anything to stop you."

She paused for a moment, looking down at her feet, closing her eyes for a beat. Her face showed pain and shame. "There's something else. This drug, it's unlike one I've ever seen. I helped create it, yes, but it has an aspect, the secret ingredient, if you will, that nobody I've ever worked with could even figure out. It's not just a drug. The people who take it develop powers, yes, but it's so much more than that. It.. transmits. Any direct contact with someone who has taken the drug within the last twenty-four hours can spread it to any number of persons before it wears out. It's not just a drug, it's a virus. One meant to kill, provoke aggression, and along with powers that no person would ever be able to control in such a short time frame.. I believe this drug could very possibly kill hundreds of thousands. Maybe even millions."

"My biggest regret was having anything to do with this. Those deaths, they're on me. But If I can, if you'll let me, I'd really like to help."

She looked at Jemma with sincerity in her eyes. She really hated her mistake, and she would do anything to bring those people back. She had tried to do it herself.. but they were too far gone. "If I'm being completely honest with you, I'm not just a scientist. I'm a.. not an Inhuman, but.. I have powers. I have everything under control, and I'm not a threat to others, but I would rather tell you this now instead of you finding out later."

She saw her reaction to when she had mentioned Fitz. She smiled softly. "Yeah, he was a really great guy. Horribly shy, but he was an honestly amazing person. He was my first kiss, my first friend." She laughed and looked down. "Sorry, that's embarrassingly personal. We were really young when we first met. We kept in touch, but the one thing he could never stop talking about was you." She smiled warmly. "He loved you. I'm glad. Not many people love like he loved you."

Last edited by a moderator:
@OnI6470 @neobendium

It was about the time they had reached the van that Calvin tore open the bag, catching Jericho off-guard a little. In the end, it took him a moment before he tried to shake off the fact that he had been startled, with a somewhat snide comment.

"Like a moth from a cocoon..." He muttered.

He was carefull to help set Calvin down in a way that wouldn't damage him; the last thing they wanted was to wait longer for Calvin to recover from what would have killed any normal human.

Tara's eyebrows shot up and she barely avoided losing her grip on the bag. She glanced at Jericho, noting with pleasure that he had been a bit startled as well.

She helped set the bag containing Calvin into the back and watched, not making a move to help him get out. It was best if they didn't startle the man. "Of course he wakes up after we carried him all this way," she muttered.

@york @OnI6470

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin looks at the two SHIELD agents with a blank stare, his grotesque mouth open with some drool falling from it, even when he seems to be looking at them "go... I must... go... home... hungry... so hungry..." he shambles trying to push them aside, nearly tripping with the torn plastic bag, "can't be caught... must... escape... father... mother... fire... help... me...help... me...".

@neobendium @york

Tara raised her eyebrows and tried to shove him back down. "Dude, calm down," she hissed, motioning for Jericho to help her. "We're here to get you away from them, and we need to hurry, so stay still!" If he didn't calm down and cooperate, they might have to knock him out again.

@OnI6470 @york

@OnI6470 @neobendium

Jericho nodded... This would be an opportune time to use his abilities to help Calvin, hopefully he had no distractions... He began to clear his mind, focusing only on comforting feelings, thoughts... Memories... Specifically, his memories... The warm embrace of his mother and father... The feeling of security he once had before his little world came crashing down from underneath him... It wasn't the memories himself that he intended to project onto Calvin, just the feelings of comfort, and security they brought, which would in theory put Calvin at ease, for now. Or at least he hoped so, the ordeal wouldn't take long to begin producing a bit of a migraine on his part.

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin stops as he feels such calming feelings overcoming the hunger and fear, he looks at Tara and Jericho with a dumb expression, drool still dripping from his mouth. "Mom... dad...? is it you?"
Calvin open his arms as if he was to embrace them "why did you left me...?, I was a bad boy?"
But as hes about to embrace them he stops and grab his head with his hands "what...? your eyes..." he point his hand at Tara "your eyes, these arent my mother eyes... I know them since they where the only thing that I could see, not her face, only her eyes and her voice..."
Calvin step back, one hand still grabbing one side of his head, the skin and hair on it begin to sizzle around his hand "who are you? where Im? answer fast or Im gonna kill both of you, Im hungry..."

@neobendium @york

Status
Not open for further replies.