Status
Not open for further replies.
She saw that both Jemma and Nathan were very cautious. It was understandable, after Hydra.. She shook that thought out of her head. "It is dangerous. Not just for me.. but for you as well. I don't want anyone else to get hurt, including you and anyone else you are in contact with. If you do take this on, be aware that they will do anything to stop you."

She paused for a moment, looking down at her feet, closing her eyes for a beat. Her face showed pain and shame. "There's something else. This drug, it's unlike one I've ever seen. I helped create it, yes, but it has an aspect, the secret ingredient, if you will, that nobody I've ever worked with could even figure out. It's not just a drug. The people who take it develop powers, yes, but it's so much more than that. It.. transmits. Any direct contact with someone who has taken the drug within the last twenty-four hours can spread it to any number of persons before it wears out. It's not just a drug, it's a virus. One meant to kill, provoke aggression, and along with powers that no person would ever be able to control in such a short time frame.. I believe this drug could very possibly kill hundreds of thousands. Maybe even millions."

"My biggest regret was having anything to do with this. Those deaths, they're on me. But If I can, if you'll let me, I'd really like to help."

She looked at Jemma with sincerity in her eyes. She really hated her mistake, and she would do anything to bring those people back. She had tried to do it herself.. but they were too far gone. "If I'm being completely honest with you, I'm not just a scientist. I'm a.. not an Inhuman, but.. I have powers. I have everything under control, and I'm not a threat to others, but I would rather tell you this now instead of you finding out later."

She saw her reaction to when she had mentioned Fitz. She smiled softly. "Yeah, he was a really great guy. Horribly shy, but he was an honestly amazing person. He was my first kiss, my first friend." She laughed and looked down. "Sorry, that's embarrassingly personal. We were really young when we first met. We kept in touch, but the one thing he could never stop talking about was you." She smiled warmly. "He loved you. I'm glad. Not many people love like he loved you."
Jemma wished that she wasn't so cautious, but HYDRA had screwed her up and made her paranoid. When the heroes started to die left and right, she was scared that she was next to die, well, her or her team. There was a ton of tension and it still existed in her to this day. She paused and listened and wondered if the right choice was to not help, this seemed dangerous.

Jemma noticed that the woman was looking down at her feet, she seemed to be ashamed on what she had created. That was something that proved to Jemma that this woman could be trusted, she had shown remorse and hated what she had to do. If she was happy about this, or worse yet, not feeling remorse at all, the woman would not have felt that it was worth the risk. " So, this particular drug is similar to an airborne pathogen, something that if not stopped could spread just as much as the inhuman outbreak. We certainly don't need another wave of people who have abilities that they can't control and have the pension to kill. If this is indeed going to kill millions, it needs to be stopped before it can get to that stage, each second we waster might be precious to make sure that people aren't murdered by the bunch."

Nathan could see that the woman was being sincere or seemed so. Most wouldn't hold themselves accountable for any death, humans were selfish like that.

Jemma could see that she was being honest and wondered if she could cure the people who were already infected or were they as good as dead? The last thing that she needed was more pain and suffering. " Inhumans were indeed not the first people who had powers, there were the mutants, the science experiments and the magic ones, I must ask though, what exactly is your ability and how did you acquire it?" She asked the woman.

Jemma frowned a bit when she mentioned that she was Fitz's first kiss, she was almost certain that he had told her that she was. Had he been lying or was it something much more complicated than that? God, she missed him. She wished that she had spent more time with him and even if she did fall for Lincoln after Fitz and Daisy, he still held a special place in her heart, she was almost positive that he always would. " I know, I knew, I wished we had acted sooner though," she said, slightly crying.

@CookieMonster

After the manhole cover was flipped, Pori cover the top with her slime and harden said slime as hard as she could. then she fell down into the sewers and continued running away. With all of this water and limited space to move, Pori was prepared to hold her ground should the hero follow her. She kept minimal contact with the water to avoid reducing the control over her body. While it would make her more powerful to absorb the water, she would become much slower and be forced to fight.

"GOTCHA!"

Now that the slime had solidified, Scarlet Spider slung a net of webs towards it, then reeled the slime towards him at out of the drain at quick speeds.

New York City- Tara Caverly

Tara rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Agents of HYDRA's Covert," she said bluntly. "You are in New York City, and we are trying to leave before SHIELD gets here. They could be here any second, so I suggest you get in the car. Now." She glared at him, intensity in her gaze. "More will be explained once we are in the clear."

@york @OnI6470

New York City - Jericho Perkins
@OnI6470 @neobendium

Jericho was beginning to get a migraine from using his powers, and with that, his concentration was quickly broken... Both by the thought of how annoying a migraine was going to be, and the apparant fact that Calvin was no longer in an aggravated state. Shaking his head from side to side, he decided to climb into the front of the van quickly, looks like he was taking the wheel.

"Better hope SHIELD backup is slow..." He muttered.

It was apparant that he was prepared to take off the moment both passengers were aboard; he wasn't eager to stick around and see what was coming for them, if anything at all.

Last edited:
NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin lower his eyes avoiding seeing Tara face to face "HYDRA? SHIELD?, I dont know what the ***** it means, but since you dont look like a cop and havent put more bullets on me, I think I should hear you, besides if you or your friend try to pull some trick on me I can kill you both, so count me in"
After that Calvin climb to the van "where are you taking me to? you have a hiding place? I have one, not far from here, It must be empty since my men sure aint gonna be returning after that business with the police and the giant lizard, so what are you waiting for? the cops?"

@neobendium @york

"GOTCHA!"

Now that the slime had solidified, Scarlet Spider slung a net of webs towards it, then reeled the slime towards him at out of the drain at quick speeds.
Except as he pulled the slime towards him, It started to use its form from lack of contact with the main body and slowly reverted back to normal slime. Meanwhile the main body continued crawling through the sewers disappearing into the a maze of pipes and tunnels.

Tara pulled herself into the passenger seat and glared back at Calvin. "Give him a second, he needs to recover from calming you down. We do have a...as you put it, hiding place, but it's much more secure than yours. We will be going there." She sounded firm and unswayable in this. "Now, originally, we were going to go after the 'giant lizard' as well, but it looks like SHIELD has already gotten to her. Shame." She shrugged. "Looks like we are going straight home."

She then glanced over at Jericho. "Need me to drive,nor are you fine?"

@OnI6470 @york

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin sits in the back seat still nervous of being with that two, more still since the woman seems to be very confident even after seein his face, then they mention that they were also looking for the fire spewing lizard, "the giant lizard?, you also wanted it?, well good luck with it, that thing owes me, it ruined my business, next time I see it Im gonna make me a new pair of boots with it".
Then he hears that the man had somehow calmed him after coming back to live "hey wait, wait, what did you say?, calming me?, he?, how... how he do that?, what are you two?, one of these...? how they call him the papers?, -muties-?, thats what you are?".
Calvin leans to the front seats fascinated of be with beings like him "Im also one of them, or at least that what I think Im, as you have seen I have powers".

@neobendium @york

@OnI6470 @neobendium

Jericho rubbed his forehead, then, as they say... He "stepped on it", beginning to drive to their aforementioned hideout before he finally spoke, responding to Tara not long after he started driving.

"Fine... Just a small migraine." He murmured, fortunately he hadn't tried using his powers for longer, it was slowly starting to subside.

When Calvin asked them about their powers, he stopped for a moment, what did they call him? There was a large variety of names out there, but it seemed he was mostly referred to as a "mutant" or, "altered", probably the latter.

"Been called an 'altered'." He said simply.

His attention seemed to be more focused on the road in front of him though.

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

"-Altered-?, never heard that before, what it means?" as he leans forward his hands begin to burn the front seats filling the inside of the car with burnt plastic smell. Noticing that Calvin leans back "When I lost my parents, a man took me as his son, when he was really drunk he used to call me monster, freak, devils son, etc., it was until I came to the city that I heard the word -mutant-, -mutie-, I still dont understand what it means, for me its just another way to say -monster-".
Nobody talks for a long while, Calvin watching through the car's window "hey, and what is... how you called it? HYDRA?".

@neobendium @york

Tara nodded at Jericho, relieved, and then looked back at Calvin, mulling over the conversation that had taken place. "HYDRA is a special, secret organization that operates outside the law, and, in fact, against it. Jericho and I are members of the Covert Division, a special task force of superhumans that has been assembled to counteract any attacks by SHIELD and their new force, the Avengers. All members of Covert are hand-picked by the leader of this group, who is incidentally, me. You are one of these hand-picked ones," She smirked back at him, eyes glittering.

"Oh, and also....that giant lizard, as you so eloquently put it, happens to be a dragon. Her name is Luna Adler, and she has been taken by SHEILD. I just wanted to inform you that no doubt they will either lock her away as being too dangerous, or else place her in the field of battle with their inexperienced Avengers. You'll get the chance to turn her into a pair of boots soon enough." Tara yawned, playing with the ends of her braids. "Any more questions?"

@OnI6470 @york

@neobendium @OnI6470

Jericho paused... Altered had many different connotations, but it seemed like in his case the term was most likely referring to his strange mental abilities, which seems to make the meaning behind the term clear as day.

"Another word for mutant... Probably." He muttered.

He supposed it was the most logical explanation for what had happened to him back there, when that flash of light hit... Though, the term "altered" seemed to be a more common title, maybe since he looked alot more human than most people who have been effected by strange phenomenon like that.

Jemma wished that she wasn't so cautious, but HYDRA had screwed her up and made her paranoid. When the heroes started to die left and right, she was scared that she was next to die, well, her or her team. There was a ton of tension and it still existed in her to this day. She paused and listened and wondered if the right choice was to not help, this seemed dangerous.

Jemma noticed that the woman was looking down at her feet, she seemed to be ashamed on what she had created. That was something that proved to Jemma that this woman could be trusted, she had shown remorse and hated what she had to do. If she was happy about this, or worse yet, not feeling remorse at all, the woman would not have felt that it was worth the risk. " So, this particular drug is similar to an airborne pathogen, something that if not stopped could spread just as much as the inhuman outbreak. We certainly don't need another wave of people who have abilities that they can't control and have the pension to kill. If this is indeed going to kill millions, it needs to be stopped before it can get to that stage, each second we waster might be precious to make sure that people aren't murdered by the bunch."

Nathan could see that the woman was being sincere or seemed so. Most wouldn't hold themselves accountable for any death, humans were selfish like that.

Jemma could see that she was being honest and wondered if she could cure the people who were already infected or were they as good as dead? The last thing that she needed was more pain and suffering. " Inhumans were indeed not the first people who had powers, there were the mutants, the science experiments and the magic ones, I must ask though, what exactly is your ability and how did you acquire it?" She asked the woman.

Jemma frowned a bit when she mentioned that she was Fitz's first kiss, she was almost certain that he had told her that she was. Had he been lying or was it something much more complicated than that? God, she missed him. She wished that she had spent more time with him and even if she did fall for Lincoln after Fitz and Daisy, he still held a special place in her heart, she was almost positive that he always would. " I know, I knew, I wished we had acted sooner though," she said, slightly crying.

@CookieMonster
"Well, it wasn't a science experiment or anything like that. My parents were actually both powered individuals when they fell in love. My brothers have similar powers as well."

She looked to the side of her after a shadow passed by her peripheral. "I'm sorry, but can we move somewhere more safe? I don't feel comfortable out here. I feel like a sitting duck."

She looked back over to Jemma and the other man. She didn't want to seem too insistent, but she didn't feel right. Something was off.

A moment later, she realized she was right. The sound of a gunshot rang in her ears as she watched a bullet race towards her. Having less than a fraction of a second to make one move, she brought the case up and in a swift movement, used it and hit the bullet at an angle, sending it towards the Abe Lincoln statue. It barreled towards him and lodged in his nostril. In another circumstance, she would have laughed, but this was not the time.

She pushed Jemma and the man down, behind one of the pillars and ducked down. She didn't think they would be so bold, shooting at her in this open place, but they must have been getting desperate. "They're coming for me. Where's your car?"

NEW YORK CITY
CALVIN H. (PLAGUE)

Calvin hears Tara explaining about what HYDRA is "The Avengers?, I though that guys were nothing more than a publicity stunt, so they exist? now?, oh, and one more question, you say that HYDRA is against the law, I dont have issues with that, but... you group aint made of foreigners?, you know... russkies, that kind of guys, I know Im a criminal but Im an american dammit!, the man that took care of me made me sing the national anthem every morning so it stuck with me, its kinda ridiculous but still... and... emmm... we are still away from your hideout?, Im getting quite hungry and you aint gonna like whats happen when I cant control my hunger".

@neobendium @york

"Well, it wasn't a science experiment or anything like that. My parents were actually both powered individuals when they fell in love. My brothers have similar powers as well."

She looked to the side of her after a shadow passed by her peripheral. "I'm sorry, but can we move somewhere more safe? I don't feel comfortable out here. I feel like a sitting duck."

She looked back over to Jemma and the other man. She didn't want to seem too insistent, but she didn't feel right. Something was off.

A moment later, she realized she was right. The sound of a gunshot rang in her ears as she watched a bullet race towards her. Having less than a fraction of a second to make one move, she brought the case up and in a swift movement, used it and hit the bullet at an angle, sending it towards the Abe Lincoln statue. It barreled towards him and lodged in his nostril. In another circumstance, she would have laughed, but this was not the time.

She pushed Jemma and the man down, behind one of the pillars and ducked down. She didn't think they would be so bold, shooting at her in this open place, but they must have been getting desperate. "They're coming for me. Where's your car?"
Jemma wasn't accusing her of being a science experiment or having some alien DNA. She understood that there was such a thing as powered individuals and they could have children of their own too,

She was about to suggest the same thing, she was fine with public interactions, but she often found that things went terribly wrong the longer that they stood out in public, it was so simple to be hurt out in the open too.

Nathan looked at her and nodded to the other girl as they knew that staying here for so long was going to be a mistake, perhaps even the death of the two of them quite honestly.

Jemma heard it before she was ever pushed out of the way by the girl, there was a bullet that was trying to kill the new girl that they were going to discuss things and she took a deep breath as she noticed that the bullet had went up the nose of honest Abe, that was not something she expected to happen on a trip to just get intel, yet somehow it was exactly what she expected at the exact same time, she took a deep breath, there were worse situations to be in too.

Jemma and Nathan hit the floor and ducked under the table for a moment. " We didn't exactly come here by car, we came by a different route and it isn't exactly easy to park a jet in the middle of DC, it's cloaked a ways off too. But hopefully, the team is ready to help too," she said.

@psychoofireland @TheUnstableOne @neobendium @CookieMonster @HELP, WE'RE BEING SHOOT AT!

Being faster than bullets and lightning itself came in handy most of the time, especially in situations like these. Hearing the gun shots Thomas sprang into action. His main focus was getting civilians out of harms way, they came first then there was the girl who had noticed before as well as the male. "Are you alright?" He asked looking to the both of them listening for more gunfire which he prayed was over by now, but then again he knew better.

[[Sorry, I've been busy guys.]]

Being faster than bullets and lightning itself came in handy most of the time, especially in situations like these. Hearing the gun shots Thomas sprang into action. His main focus was getting civilians out of harms way, they came first then there was the girl who had noticed before as well as the male. "Are you alright?" He asked looking to the both of them listening for more gunfire which he prayed was over by now, but then again he knew better.
Jemma looked at him and wasn't even going to comment how she was thankful that she was rescued by him. She looked at him." Well, I am as okay as I can be after being shot at, thankful I wasn't knicked or hurt in any way and neither was Nathan. We need to get her back to the base safely. She has some valueable information that we could use to stop a super drug. Is Wrex and Eoin also behind you or did they even make it on the plane? I honestly can't remember," she said to him.

@CookieMonster @neobendium @psychoofireland @TheUnstableOne

Status
Not open for further replies.