Which of these would you like to have the story move forward?

• Have a big bad enter the scene

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Cataclysmic event

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leave it as is, a supernatural school that only deals with problems on the inside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be ok with any of these

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avaiger

Original poster
OOC Thread IC Thread
Sytal-1.jpg

Welcome to Wyrdwood University

By now, I'm sure you've realized that this is no normal school. We call it a school for the "Gifted" on the flyers. In reality, this is a school for people with supernatural abilities. Some of you may already know that you are not a regular human, and some of you are just now finding out that magic exists. Here, you will be taught how to control whatever powers you happen to have. Most of your time here will be spent in either training, sparring, and free time. Don't expect to learn any of the boring, regular subjects, you won't need them. Now, we hope everyone will be on time for the orientation.

-------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet
(Take out everything in parenthesis)
Name:
Appearance (including clothing that is purely cosmetic):
Personality:
History:
Equipment (This includes weapons and armor):
Powers:
Skills (real skills that may be useful):
Weaknesses (there must be at least one, preferably at least two, no more than three):
Extra Info (optional, also, feel free to put a theme song here):

-------------------------------------------------------

Rules
1) Iwaku rules apply
2) Obey the GM, I'm hoping to not have to force you to do anything, but I will if I need to
3) Please, no fighting OOC, this is for fun, not arguing
4) Characters need to be humanoid, also, please have them be male or female only
5) Only one character per person. This may change later.
6) Please keep profanity to a minimum, and please don't curse at all OOC
7) Use full sentences, and please make posts at least three sentences. Dialogue with another player's character is an exception.
8) Please tell me if you won't be able to post for a period over five days. I will then create an IC reason for your character to be absent (you can create your own reason if you wish)
9) Romance is okay, but for anything sexual please Fade to Black and feel free to complete the interaction over PM
10) For combat we will roll a d100. Depending on the situation (skill of opponent, enchantments, etc.) I will determine the percent chance. For example, if it is a 75 percent chance of success, a roll of 75 or lower succeeds.
11) No godmodding, mary sues, or any forms of cheating, we want to have fun

I will play any NPCs as needed, but I'd prefer for most (non-combat) interactions to be between two or more player characters. Feel free to use a photo as part of your character sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
@kuukakulily Okay, I need you to at least fill out powers and weaknesses. I'd be okay if you wrote "undiscovered" under powers, but you at least need something there so I can come up with her customized class schedule. Also, even if you think something you already wrote is her weakness (for example, possibly that she is shy or oversized) please explain that in the weakness portion. Also, if you could fill out the others that you didn't that would be great. Even something such as "none" (for skills and equipment) or "won't tell anyone" (for history) would be totally acceptable.

I just saved it as a Work In Progress because I had to go to work and wanted to complete it on my work computer. Sorry for any confusion. I didn't want to lose the information I had already come up with

Is it alright if I also join in?? This sounds fun!

@kuukakulily Oh, ok that's fine, I just didn't know. Thanks for clarifying, if you could make another post notifying me when it's done I'll read it and then I'll post again.

@UnsafeSpaces Ok, sure, I can add you IC no problem, just post your character sheet and once I approve you can start posting IC.

Evelyn P. Turner
(Hey! So the art here was commissioned by me but I wanna give credit to the artists! In order: Shay, Chofi ( I can't link because they deleted their tumblr and I can't find them D: ) Penguin and Tobias
tumblr_o34zzkXqfy1ruy673o1_500.png
Race: Human
Appearance: Evelyn comes from a long line of tall women in her family, standing at 5'9 and still growing. She is Haitian/English with dark skin and light eyes. Glasses are necessary after long nights in front of bright screens. Usually she wears jeans and converse with any jacket and tank-top she can find. Nerd references are everywhere.

Personality: After years spent being the shy kid in school, Evelyn has started to come out of her shell little by little. She has taken to starting conversations despite her anxiety. Once she's comfortable, she speaks as she feels. She handles stressful situations pretty well and doesn't hesitate to laugh. LARPing has been an interest of hers ever since she was young and has helped serve as a social outlet for her - taking on another persona significantly boosted her confidence. Although, as of late, her safe, fantasy role-plays have been a little less fiction and much more tangible than she's ever wanted to experience.

History: Her mother is a doctor from Haiti while her father is an anthropologist from England. After meeting and spending 10 years in the Caribbean, Evelyn was 8 years old when her parents decided to move to the UK. Thrown out of her comfort zone, it took Evelyn some time to adjust but, after taking an interest in LARPing, she started to find more comfort in her new environment. After the move, her mother took on a modeling career - making her absent for weeks at a time on photo shoots - while her father was often gone on business as well. With both the parents gone, she had the house to herself and, while most of that time was dedicated to video games, she ended up getting into some trouble. Near her house was a trail that led into a swamp; a place her friends would often use for their fantasy role plays. Evelyn, after losing track of her friends, wandered farther into the swamp and encountered an old magic presence that bonded with her soul. Now, despite all her research to get rid of the magic, she has a familiar who calls himself Warren. The two can't travel very far from each other without experiencing dizzy spells and pain so it was only a matter of time before her parents discovered the 8 foot swamp monster. Ta-da off to Wyrdwood she went.

Equipment: Evelyn doesn't go anywhere without her handheld. Despite some protest, she also managed to bring her foam paladin armor and sword with her to Wyrdwood (appearance shown below).
tumblr_o7rqtkrZAD1spcm3fo1_500.png
tumblr_o8fpdbvI661u7cg2co1_500.png

Powers: She is bound to a magical familiar. Neither of them really know the extent of their connection but, after having spent a few months tolerating each other, Warren has started to teach her some basic magic (light spells and limited nature magic). Warren has his own history: he's a cursed wizard from 7th century. He is a few centuries old now and is super grouchy about that fact. Before he was cursed into a hideous monster, he used to be a freelance wizard who was very confident in his magic! So confident in fact that he challenged a witches honor and lost, clearly. In his form now, he's in tune with natural magic and illusion spells. He can hold a projection for an hour consecutively before it wears off. Typically he projects an image of his un-cursed self for disguise purposes.
tumblr_nuut4qxnEG1qhfpako1_500.png

Skills: She's pretty tech savvy and could probably beat anyone in Mario Kart. She is also skilled at making costumes but if you were to ask, she'd say she has poor sewing skills. She mostly likes working on armor and has a decent idea of how to hold a sword.

Weaknesses: She gets flustered easily and tends to get overwhelmed by loud noises or crowds. Warren and Evelyn can not travel more than 30 meters away from each other or else both experience nausea and chest pains. The use of too much magic also wears both of them out. Warren can also get really dry and crackly without water or too much exposure to heat; it's hard for him to move and he needs a decent water source to be comfortable again.

Extra Info:
Theme songs for both!

8-bit Adventure by Adhesive Wombat
Night Shade by Adhesive Wombat
Splinter by Savant
Evil Gameboy by Virtual Riot

Last edited:
Alright, I'm done but please let me know if I need to make any changes!

@kuukakulily @UnsafeSpaces your characters are approved. Your class schedules and dorm info is below. If you think your class schedules should be different feel free to tell me. I do try to make them based on your character, but you know them better than I do.

Quinn Byrne

Room 4-12 of the girls dorm

Roommate
Name: Isla Fletcher
Race: Werewolf
Magic Specialties: Enchantment
Personality: Sweet and Curious

Classes
9:00-9:55 am - Basic Warding - Prof. Marquardt
10:00-10:55 am - Combat Magic - Prof. Kardos
11:00-11:55 am - Utility Magic - Prof. Arkwright
12:00-12:25 pm - Lunch - supervised by cafeteria staff
12:30-1:25 pm - Nature Magic - Prof. Wolfwood
1:30-2:25 pm - Shapeshifting - Prof. Raven
2:30-3:25 pm - Free Study - supervised by cafeteria staff
3:30-4:25 pm - Creature Empathy - Prof. Pound

Evelyn P. Turner

Roommate
Name: Ellie
Race: Fire Elemantal
Magic Specialties: Fire Magic
Personality: Impulsive and Selfish

Classes
9:00-9:55 am - Basic Warding - Prof. Marquardt
10:00-10:55 am - Combat Magic - Prof. Kardos
11:00-11:55 am - Utility Magic - Prof. Arkwright
12:00-12:25 pm - Lunch - supervised by cafeteria staff
12:30-1:25 pm - Nature Magic - Prof. Wolfwood
1:30-2:25 pm - Illusionry - Prof. Litchenberg
2:30-3:25 pm - Free Study - supervised by cafeteria staff
3:30-4:25 pm - Familiar 101 - Prof. Raven

Hey, did I ever get one of those oh-so-fancy class schedules?

Never mind, I totally did and I'm just an idiot.

@Eon You're not an idiot. Considering you forgot the RP, remembering I gave you a class schedule would be weird. Also @kuukakulily @WitchcraftIsScience @OlympusBlood @UnsafeSpaces great jobs everyone, this is really fun. Now, I was thinking of adding a big bad, or some other big thing, but I wanted to make sure everyone was ok with that. So, I'm going to put a pole up, if you could vote that's great. If no one votes within, about two weeks I'll just choose my self, but I would really like your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of some big nasty bad showing up best, though I'm really down for anything.

Mainly, some huge BBEG showing up out of nowhere and making some villainous demand would be a great moment for me to show off James as a character.

"I, Jean Eric Villon, come to you and demand that you all quake before my dark might. Kneel before me, and heed my words. You have until the moon reddens to deliver to me the four artifacts of fantasy whatever,"

"But what if, and hear me out on this, I do...Literally anything else?" -finger guns-

Reactions: OlympusBlood
@Eon
omg James pls

@Avaiger
I'm fine with whatever! Big baddy or internal shitfest all sound good! Though I'm not sure what kinda cataclysmic event you're thinking of?

Ahhh I'm sorry guys! I know its my turn to reply but I'll have to do it later when I get home! I've got finals at the moment and have a long drive ahead of me to get home x~x

@UnsafeSpaces That's just the sorta' guy James is. Everyone gets equal treatment in the "no fucks given, only shittery," policy that he adheres to rigorously. I'll get a response up before too long.

You should know, @Avaiger the only think stopping Alfbern from getting roasted (Or should I say, Alfburned?) is that I want to give other people a chance to post.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
@Eon I was kind of expecting that to turn into a fight, considering James' personality. That's why I almost didn't post it, I didn't want a fight so soon, especially one that I started, but I knew that Alfbern wouldn't leave it alone and not posting that would be out of character for him. He's so traditional that he would confront anyone disrespecting the traditions no matter who they were. Also, just a reminder to everyone, combat will be percentile chance.

It could be, but despite his swaggering, boisterous demeanor, James doesn't like violence. He considers it beneath him. He'll defend himself if attacked, but he doesn't like to hurt people, just make fun of them.

I feel like James has a pretty serious advantage here, seeing as Alfbern's powers are heavily plant-based, and James spits out lava.

True, James has the advantage in a one on one fight, although I feel like if the fight started now, other characters would jump in and it would turn into an all out brawl in the lunchroom. Also, I just knew that James would at least do something, he's too prideful to just let that go, at least, that's how it seems to me. Both of our characters are somewhat arrogant, just in different ways, practically opposing, it's probably just a matter of time before some conflict between them develops, even if it isn't physical. And maybe their conflict can help them both grow.

Yeah, I definitely see Alfbern as a sort of natural antithesis to James. He'd definitely respond with something along the lines of, "I don't take advice from anyone who has a leaf on their head," or at least call him a hippie.

Sorry I haven't been able to be on! Writing a reply now.

Status
Not open for further replies.