Which of these would you like to have the story move forward?

• Have a big bad enter the scene

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Cataclysmic event

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leave it as is, a supernatural school that only deals with problems on the inside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be ok with any of these

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avaiger

Original poster
OOC Thread IC Thread
Sytal-1.jpg

Welcome to Wyrdwood University

By now, I'm sure you've realized that this is no normal school. We call it a school for the "Gifted" on the flyers. In reality, this is a school for people with supernatural abilities. Some of you may already know that you are not a regular human, and some of you are just now finding out that magic exists. Here, you will be taught how to control whatever powers you happen to have. Most of your time here will be spent in either training, sparring, and free time. Don't expect to learn any of the boring, regular subjects, you won't need them. Now, we hope everyone will be on time for the orientation.

-------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet
(Take out everything in parenthesis)
Name:
Appearance (including clothing that is purely cosmetic):
Personality:
History:
Equipment (This includes weapons and armor):
Powers:
Skills (real skills that may be useful):
Weaknesses (there must be at least one, preferably at least two, no more than three):
Extra Info (optional, also, feel free to put a theme song here):

-------------------------------------------------------

Rules
1) Iwaku rules apply
2) Obey the GM, I'm hoping to not have to force you to do anything, but I will if I need to
3) Please, no fighting OOC, this is for fun, not arguing
4) Characters need to be humanoid, also, please have them be male or female only
5) Only one character per person. This may change later.
6) Please keep profanity to a minimum, and please don't curse at all OOC
7) Use full sentences, and please make posts at least three sentences. Dialogue with another player's character is an exception.
8) Please tell me if you won't be able to post for a period over five days. I will then create an IC reason for your character to be absent (you can create your own reason if you wish)
9) Romance is okay, but for anything sexual please Fade to Black and feel free to complete the interaction over PM
10) For combat we will roll a d100. Depending on the situation (skill of opponent, enchantments, etc.) I will determine the percent chance. For example, if it is a 75 percent chance of success, a roll of 75 or lower succeeds.
11) No godmodding, mary sues, or any forms of cheating, we want to have fun

I will play any NPCs as needed, but I'd prefer for most (non-combat) interactions to be between two or more player characters. Feel free to use a photo as part of your character sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Avaiger
Also, i had a little question.
Is this settled in Medieval Fantasy, or in Modern Fantasy times?

^^Modern, if we're going by the Gatorade prank, but I'm pretty curious now too because there's no proof it isn't medieval.

I had assumed it was modern, but it pretty much has to be now, since Evelyn plays video games and LARPs.

LARPing wasn't a thing in medieval times. That was just called being in the military.

Well, I had planned on it being modern, that's why it is tagged "Modern Fantasy", I'm sorry that I wasn't clear on that. Also, I think I'm going to close the poll soon. I know one person hasn't voted, so if you have a preference please cast your vote, although right now it looks like it's going to be a big bad.

Name: Luciana Lynes
Race: Neko Mage
Appearance (including clothing that is purely cosmetic):
tAG_66327.jpg
Personality: Very quiet around people, she isn't one to really make herself known. Though she has been scolded by her mother plenty of times that she needs to keep her chin up and be outgoing, it just keeps her in a shell. She personally, would like to become better at making what she believes to be just fire. In combat though, her personality is a bit of switch. She knows how to focus and her aim is great, but what she lacks is control. Her mother has not been able to teach her that, and believes that is why she is really here.
History: Luciana grew up in seclusion in the desert sands of the Sahara. Found by Human parents, Luciana mostly wore a head dress to cover her ears and also a long skirt as well. She had always made sure while she grew up that her tail and ears were kept out of sight. Her family that helped her grow up lived in a mansion out in the Sahara and never really got any visitors, they liked it that way. This meant they could keep a lot of visitors out so they could maintain Luciana's safety. Luciana herself though was always a mystery. Private doctors were always kept on the hush hush, and even more so were any psychologist or trainer. If they weren't hush hush about Luciana, the Lynes family would know about it. They trained her in a few martial arts, at least 6. Though even now she hasn't mastered them. She has learned about how to play a few instruments such as a marimba, violin, or even the piano. Her parents had to keep the child occupied. But when she became about 15 years of age, Luciana began demonstrating some magical prowess. For almost a year, they decided to help train Luciana as best as they could. On Luciana's 17th birthday, her parents had finnally sent her to Wyrdwood.
Equipment (This includes weapons and armor): The gear she is wearing in her picture. Her necklace is a Sun Pendant, which in turn will gain power from the sun's solar rays that way she can draw power from a source and have some control. Leather armor to cover her tail and ears, as these are sensitive portions of her body. She has her own claws that grew naturally. She has two bladed knuckles for close quarters combat:
399df945b558bd9a0b7b269fc16a2b3c.jpg
Powers: She has the ability to create powerful magic from the sun's rays, meaning she can draw in solar rays and create fire from them. She can create from small fireballs to waves of fire. She draws the flames from the solar rays gathered by her pendant. The flames she makes can burn through solid steel just about, and has never tried to burn through the ground.
Skills (real skills that may be useful): Cat like senses. 2 Martial arts masteries, Tae Kwon Do and Jui Jutsu, progessive on four other Martial Arts. Always lands on her feet unless if thrown to the ground.
Weaknesses (there must be at least one, preferably at least two, no more than three): Is not very fond of canines, dislikes damage to her tail and ears, is sensitive to high pitched sounds.
Extra Info (optional, also, feel free to put a theme song here): Theme Song: Unbreakable, Fireflight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htQvM4zVsPE

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Hey @Avaiger, @UnsafeSpaces and I were shooting ideas back and forth for the big bad of the RP, and we hit something that seems pretty sweet.

The general idea of it is that there's some ancient, insane wizard who's discovered a way to absorb the mystical powers of others. He's developed a cult through a combination of old fashioned charisma and mind control magics, and aims to absorb the powers of major magic user to become the most powerful thing in existence.

Also, are fights against NPCs going to be decided by die-rolls too? Or are those decided by story relevance and such?

Last edited:
@Neobach Your character is accepted and your dorm info and class schedule are below. @Eon ok, that's interesting I'll think about it. I had an idea, but it was vague, I could probably fit that into it. And to answer your question, NPC fights will be decided by die-rolls unless there is story relevance. For example, in a basic sparring match against a random NPC student I'll probably have you roll, but in an important boss battle you guys will win, appear to win, or lose based on the needs of the story. Although, I will let you describe how exactly your characters did so. If anything else is unclear feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has about this RP.

Luciana Lynes

Room 3-08 of the girls dorm

Roommate
Name: Rachel Morgan
Race: Dwarf
Magic Specialties: Earth Magic
Personality: Loud and Boisterous

Classes
9:00-9:55 am - Basic Warding - Prof. Marquardt
10:00-10:55 am - Combat Magic - Prof. Kardos
11:00-11:55 am - Utility Magic - Prof. Arkwright
12:00-12:25 pm - Lunch - supervised by cafeteria staff
12:30-1:25 pm - Fire Magic - Prof. Ignis
1:30-2:25 pm - Solar Magic - Prof. Sol
2:30-3:25 pm - Free Study - supervised by cafeteria staff
3:30-4:25 pm - Creature Empathy - Prof. Pound

Alright. By the way, do y'all want me to post? I feel like I just did, which is why I've been waiting, but if you all are waiting for me, than I'll go.

I feel like it might actually be my turn but you can go first! I'll be online tomorrow!

I apologize for being kinda quiet, guys! I'll be on a more regular schedule next week for sure! I'll have plenty of time to crank out replies!

@Eon and @UnsafeSpaces besides me hoping you will post regularly or notify me before a period of you not being able to post, there is no specific requirements on when you should post. There is no order, so post whenever you feel your character would respond to a situation.

Also, I am open to any suggestions on the big bad. @Eon and @UnsafeSpaces made one already, and if anyone else has any others I am open to them. I will take all suggestions into consideration and I will try my best to make sure everyone will have fun, but I reserve the right to use my own discretion to create what the big bad ends up being.

Alright, I'll be able to post today and tomorrow, most likely, but this weekend will probably be busy. I'm on a short break between spring and summer quarter right now and most of my time has been spent apartment shopping. But! I've found one so that means one less thing I have to stress and plan around! So, like I said, I'll be on a better and more regular schedule next week once summer classes start up.

@Avaiger Sorry I didn't tell you all this beforehand. I'll be sure to let you know if anything else comes up.

@OlympusBlood

Thank you! And it is! I'm so excited to move in but I have to wait until the 19th of July.

@Eon @UnsafeSpaces @kuukakulily @Neobach @WitchcraftIsScience it appears that OlympusBlood has been banned. I'm not quite sure what to do. I guess, if any of you want to take over one of his characters that'd be fine. If no one does I guess I'll have to make up a reason IC for them to be gone. If any of you want to take over a character please tell me. I'll leave that option open until tomorrow at 3pm my local time, if no one offers to by then I'll get rid of them IC.

I'm guessing if no one wants to take over the character then a possible fade out, which then leads to a short explanation of what happpens to the character and why they are gone in any particular way. But that's just my opinion.

@Eon @UnsafeSpaces @kuukakulily @Neobach @WitchcraftIsScience it appears that OlympusBlood has been banned. I'm not quite sure what to do. I guess, if any of you want to take over one of his characters that'd be fine. If no one does I guess I'll have to make up a reason IC for them to be gone. If any of you want to take over a character please tell me. I'll leave that option open until tomorrow at 3pm my local time, if no one offers to by then I'll get rid of them IC.

Woah, shit. What're they in for?

Also, if nobody wants to take OlympusBlood's characters, sacrifice them to the big bad.

@Eon interesting, I'll think about that. Also, I don't know, I just looked at the page and saw he was banned. That's never happened to me before, someone being banned in the middle of an RP, so I was kinda worried about what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.