Which of these would you like to have the story move forward?

• Have a big bad enter the scene

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Cataclysmic event

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leave it as is, a supernatural school that only deals with problems on the inside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be ok with any of these

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avaiger

Original poster
OOC Thread IC Thread
Sytal-1.jpg

Welcome to Wyrdwood University

By now, I'm sure you've realized that this is no normal school. We call it a school for the "Gifted" on the flyers. In reality, this is a school for people with supernatural abilities. Some of you may already know that you are not a regular human, and some of you are just now finding out that magic exists. Here, you will be taught how to control whatever powers you happen to have. Most of your time here will be spent in either training, sparring, and free time. Don't expect to learn any of the boring, regular subjects, you won't need them. Now, we hope everyone will be on time for the orientation.

-------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet
(Take out everything in parenthesis)
Name:
Appearance (including clothing that is purely cosmetic):
Personality:
History:
Equipment (This includes weapons and armor):
Powers:
Skills (real skills that may be useful):
Weaknesses (there must be at least one, preferably at least two, no more than three):
Extra Info (optional, also, feel free to put a theme song here):

-------------------------------------------------------

Rules
1) Iwaku rules apply
2) Obey the GM, I'm hoping to not have to force you to do anything, but I will if I need to
3) Please, no fighting OOC, this is for fun, not arguing
4) Characters need to be humanoid, also, please have them be male or female only
5) Only one character per person. This may change later.
6) Please keep profanity to a minimum, and please don't curse at all OOC
7) Use full sentences, and please make posts at least three sentences. Dialogue with another player's character is an exception.
8) Please tell me if you won't be able to post for a period over five days. I will then create an IC reason for your character to be absent (you can create your own reason if you wish)
9) Romance is okay, but for anything sexual please Fade to Black and feel free to complete the interaction over PM
10) For combat we will roll a d100. Depending on the situation (skill of opponent, enchantments, etc.) I will determine the percent chance. For example, if it is a 75 percent chance of success, a roll of 75 or lower succeeds.
11) No godmodding, mary sues, or any forms of cheating, we want to have fun

I will play any NPCs as needed, but I'd prefer for most (non-combat) interactions to be between two or more player characters. Feel free to use a photo as part of your character sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but my characters will also be in white, I'm often on my phone, so colours don't often work. I will be sure to specify which of my characters is peaking though.

That's fine guys, I just like having my characters speaking in a color which, at least in my own way of thinking, represents them. I like writing it that way, it makes it more fun to write it that way personally. I was just telling you I was going to do that so it didn't confuse you and that if you wanted to, you could too.

Okay everyone, here is each character's dorm info, roommate's basic info, and class schedule. This will go in alphabetical order based on first name. The rooms are numbered like x-y, x being the floor number and y being the specific room. This is just for flavor, but the roommates will all be recurring NPCs that will probably take a part in some of the adventures our characters have. Feel free to control an NPCs actions when it comes to interacting with your characters unless it is combat, then I will assume control of the NPC and whether an attack will hit or miss will be determined by a dice roll, as explained in the rules. You will roll when your character attacks and I will roll when an NPC attacks.

Each slot in the schedule will be formatted in time - class or activity - teacher. I personalized the classes besides the basics to each character, if you think one of the classes doesn't fit your character feel free to post that and I'll edit that character's class schedule. Although, the specialized classes follow a formula, after lunch it is an element, then an extremely specialized class, then a free study period, then something to do with magical creatures that are not of human level intelligence. That means Undead Control specifically doesn't include vampires, liches, ghosts, or any other intelligent undead.

Alfbern

Room 4-21 of the boys dorm

Roommate
Name: Viktor Ivanovich
Race: Human
Magic Specialty: Ice magic
Personality: Cold and Calculated

Classes
9:00-9:55 am - Basic Warding - Prof. Marquardt
10:00-10:55 am - Combat Magic - Prof. Kardos
11:00-11:55 am - Utility Magic - Prof. Arkwright
12:00-12:25 pm - Lunch - Supervised by cafeteria staff
12:30-1:25 pm - Nature Magic - Prof. Wolfwood
1:30-2:25 pm - Shamanism - Prof. Wolfwood
2:30-3:25 pm - Free Study - Supervised by cafeteria staff
3:30-4:25 pm - Creature Empathy - Prof. Pound

Arya Halverson

Room 3-16 of the girls dorm

Roommate
Name: Diana Smith
Race: Vampire
Magic Specialties: Hypnosis and Water Magic
Personality: Passionate and Energetic

Classes
12:30-1:25 pm - Shadow Magic - Prof. Kagezuki
1:30-2:25 pm - Racial Powers (Cambion) - Prof. Darkblood
3:30-4:25 pm - Undead Control - Prof. Thanasius

Chayse Marnock

Room 2-08 of the boys dorm

Roommate
Name: Caleb Green
Race: Wind Elemental
Magic Specialties: Wind magic
Personality: Free Spirited and Calm

Classes
12:30-1:25 pm - Water Magic - Prof. Atwater
1:30-2:25 pm - Racial Powers (Spirits) - Prof. Alvey

James Darius

Room 3-21 of the boys dorm

Roommate
Name: Illiel Melsir
Race: Wood Elf
Magic Specialties: Healing magic
Personality: Optimistic and Friendly

Classes
12:30-1:25 pm - Magma Magic - Prof. Eld
1:30-2:25 pm - Runic Magic - Prof. Thurston

Raziela Rothschild

Room 5-13 of the girls dorm

Roommate
Name: Jane Rissman
Race: Dragonborn
Magic Specialties: Thunder magic
Personality: Aloof and Snobby

Classes
12:30-1:25 pm - Light Magic - Prof. Lichtenberg
1:30-2:25 pm - Racial Powers (Nephilim) - Prof. Gottschalk
3:30-4:25 pm - Pegasi Riding - Prof. Chevalier

Are characters still accepted? If yes.. WAIT FOR ME :arrowthruhead:

@WitchcraftIsScience Yes, I'll except new characters, just put it up and once I accept it you can post in the IC thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[ Normal/Training Duel Outfit ] [Actual Face ] [Imagine There Are 2 Swords On His Back]
image.jpeg [ Training/Fighting/Dueling Outfit] [Ignore The Face]
image.jpeg -~- Name -~-
Alexander Navitas

-~- Gender -~-
Male

-~- Race -~-
Human

-~- Age -~-

-~- Appearance -~-
[ Look at upper part of application ]

-~- Personality -~-
Alex is very concentrated (for most of the time), as he may not understand jokes for some point, and may even "hiss" at new people.. But on other side, he may be friendly, and even obligate himself to laugh at jokes. But coldness in his speeches and words never disappears...

-~- History -~-
Alexander was born in a small town, which was very educated if comparing to other nearby towns. He started to speak early, and write, but couldn't learn to walk until 5 years. His abilities awoken at 7th year of his live, and they... awoke very badly: Their house now had a hole instead of main door. But, he continued to train, discovering new ways of using magic. Apparently, curse didn't think so...

-~- Equipment -~-
Besides his abilities, Alex can project his magic through his long swords. On legs and feet he has clothes on which are casted various protecting spells, and attached dragon skin, which is immune to fire. On his belt are 3 metallic bottles, in which he keeps package of potions [Speed/Water Breathing/Extra Reaction/ETC].

-~- Powers -~-
Alex has very unique magical element - Energy. You may ask, which kind of energy? Well, Alex does not control energies, he soaks them, caging in himself, and then projects them out for various magical spells. Alex is also very advanced in normal magic, and can even [sometimes] use elemental magic. He casts mostly non-verbally. Color of energy changes from his mood. But when he finally has some amount of soaked energy... He can set it to several ways:
-~ 1 ~-
Spells

-~ 2 ~-
Projecting various weapons [Knives, Ninja Stars]

-~ 3 ~-
Releasing it as pure energy [Energy Blasts, Levitation, Telekinesis]

-~ 4 ~-
Changing his body options [More reaction, invulnerability for some seconds, regeneration]

-~- Skills -~-
Besides his magic, Alex is advanced potion maker. He also has knowledge of various magical and non-magical plants, used in his potions. He is fond of literature, which makes him quite educated.

-~- Weaknesses -~-
First of all:
1.Alex is sometimes mentally unstable.
For biggest part of his life, he leaved peacefully upon others. Which makes him vulnerable to mental breakdown.
Secondly:
2.Alex can't cage inside himself too much energy.
While caging energy, he changes reality options of some work/object, creating reality dis balance. If he cages too much... Well... Energy can combust itself, leaving powerful explosion... Have you ever saw a person which survived an explosion, locating in center of it?
And finally:
3.Alex is non-sporty
Yes, you may say that if he can do sword combat, he is very muscular.. Well no. Everything is just the opposite: For high level of sword combat, Alex has feeling for sword fighting, as if it was art. He basically does not so smooth dance while setting sword attacks, which looks fancy as hell from the side. That makes him very light weight, because he wouldn't move so fast without being light.

-~- Extra Info -~-
-~ Musics ~-
- Themes -
Work/Train/Study - Steven Universe / You Do It For Him/Her [ Instrumental ]

Sleep - Steven Universe / Credits Theme [Love Like You] [ Instrumental ]

Major Battle/Mental Illness/Worry - Corpse Party PSP / Chapter 1 [ Remix ]

Duel/Dancing/Happiness- Steven Universe / Dance Of Swords [ Remix By VGR]

Fear/Mental Breakdown/Sorrow - Icon For Hire / Hope Of Morning [ Original ]

Death [ Yes yes, i look so far ] - Steven Universe - Intro Theme [ We Are The Crystal Gems ] [ Music-box ]

Phew, thought i am going to be late

Also, i wanted to ask. What is this world [ in which academy is located ] magic system?
Are there element's restrictions to spells ? [ "You are fire, and can't bend water !" ]
Are all spells categorized on groups, and opposite elements do spells of opposite to their element harder ? [ "Ugh, fire bending is so hard.. Maybe thats because i'm water element ?" ]
Are all spells still categorized on groups, and how powerful will spell go decides only by masterpiece of mage?
I can go on with trying to guess..

@WitchcraftIsScience okay, your character is accepted, you can post in the IC and your dorm room, roommate, and class schedule will be below. Now, to answer your question, in this world, most people focus on one element to the exclusion of all others. This is not required, it is just because most people in this world prefer to be focused. Using one element does not make it impossible or harder to use other elements in most circumstances. However, certain supernatural creatures may find it harder or impossible to use certain magic, for example, elementals can only use magic of their element and non-elemental magic. A lot of magic in this world is elemental, but there are other categories as well such as necromancy, shamanism, runes, etc. The power of spells is mostly affected by the power and ability of the caster, but certain spells will affect certain supernatural creatures differently. For example, a water spell will do extra damage to a fire elemental, unholy beings take extra damage from holy spells, etc.

Alexander Navitas

Room 1-24 of the boys dorm

Roommate
Name: Sam Thompson
Race: Human
Magic: Draconic Magic
Personality: Hot-headed and Adventurous

Classes
12:30-1:25 pm - Energy Magic - Prof. Watson
1:30-2:25 pm - Magic Weaponry - Prof. Kardos
2:30-3:25 pm - Free Study - supervised by cafeteria staff

@WitchcraftIsScience @OlympusBlood @Eon So, I know none of us has posted in a while, I'm going to post in the IC thread soon, but after that I'm going to have to take a break until at least the 23rd because I have finals coming up that I need to study for. If any of you need to take a break from posting too, that's fine, just please tell me on this thread.

@Avaiger That's fine (it's my birthday this weekend anyway so I wouldn't have been posting well). Good luck on your finals!

@OlympusBlood @WitchcraftIsScience @Eon I'm back and I'm now out on summer break. Are you all still interested in this RP? I'm asking because the posting was quite slow, even before I officially took a break. If you aren't interested, or you can't post for some reason, please tell me and I'll take care of everything. If you are still interested and able to post, I'm ready to roleplay. I am able to post regularly, but, I don't know your schedules. So, do any of you have a preference on how often a we should post?

I'd honestly forgotten about this. Let me go and re-read my character and get back to you.

Alright, I've re-read my stuff, and I do still have my planned character development documents, so sure, I'll rejoin this.

@OlympusBlood @WitchcraftIsScience @Eon I'm back and I'm now out on summer break. Are you all still interested in this RP? I'm asking because the posting was quite slow, even before I officially took a break. If you aren't interested, or you can't post for some reason, please tell me and I'll take care of everything. If you are still interested and able to post, I'm ready to roleplay. I am able to post regularly, but, I don't know your schedules. So, do any of you have a preference on how often a we should post?
Sorry for not replying recently ^^
Thought dis rp is dead ;-;

I would love to, however, next week Monday-Froday I will be unable to post due to going camping with my school.

Is there still an option to join? It's very interesting and it might refresh the roleplay?

@kuukakulily Sure, it's still early enough IC to add you no problem. Just post your character sheet and once I approve it feel free to post. I will also post your dorm info and class schedule. Once those are posted, feel free to tell me if you think I should alter the class schedule, I make it based on your character sheet, but you know your character better than I do.

@OlympusBlood Have a good camping trip.

@WitchcraftIsScience I was worrying the same thing, glad to see it apparently isn't though. I hope it will keep going, and with my schedule free I will be able to post more often, maybe that will help keep it alive.

@Eon Thanks for rejoining.

Now, let's have some fun!

Character Sheet (WIP)
Name: Quinn Byrne
Race: Human?
Appearance:
photo.jpg

Quinn is rather tall for a girl her age at 5'10" and still growing. She has long, plain brown hair usually worn down and hazel eyes. Her usual attire is whatever fits, mostly loose t-shirts and unflattering jeans.
Personality: Quinn tends to be on the quiet side and can be somewhat socially awkward when it comes to human interaction. She much prefers the company of animals and books. She doesn't make friends very easily, at least not of the human sort and is somewhat distrusting of others due to past experiences. If one came to be friends with Quinn, they would find that she is an intelligent and thoughtful young girl who puts the needs of others above her own wants and desires.
History: Quinn's birth and parentage is largely unknown, even to her. It can be assumed that her real parents, upon learning of their daughter's abilities abandoned her to die as a toddler in the woods. The young girl adapted and with the help of a fox clan she came to view as family, she survived. She reentered society at the behest of her 'family' a few years ago and is trying her best to adapt to this new and unfamiliar world. She received an invitation to gain more knowledge at Wyrdwood and accepted.
Equipment: No weapons to speak of save for her animal forms.
Powers: Animal Shifting, Semblance of Animal abilities in human form (i.e. sense of smell)
Skills: Quinn is remarkably adaptable and a very quick learner. She's fairly intuitive about nature and knows endless information about a bevy of animals.
Weaknesses: Fearful and Distrustful of most humans. Quinn also speaks with a stutter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.