Which of these would you like to have the story move forward?

• Have a big bad enter the scene

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Cataclysmic event

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leave it as is, a supernatural school that only deals with problems on the inside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be ok with any of these

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avaiger

Original poster
OOC Thread IC Thread
Sytal-1.jpg

Welcome to Wyrdwood University

By now, I'm sure you've realized that this is no normal school. We call it a school for the "Gifted" on the flyers. In reality, this is a school for people with supernatural abilities. Some of you may already know that you are not a regular human, and some of you are just now finding out that magic exists. Here, you will be taught how to control whatever powers you happen to have. Most of your time here will be spent in either training, sparring, and free time. Don't expect to learn any of the boring, regular subjects, you won't need them. Now, we hope everyone will be on time for the orientation.

-------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet
(Take out everything in parenthesis)
Name:
Appearance (including clothing that is purely cosmetic):
Personality:
History:
Equipment (This includes weapons and armor):
Powers:
Skills (real skills that may be useful):
Weaknesses (there must be at least one, preferably at least two, no more than three):
Extra Info (optional, also, feel free to put a theme song here):

-------------------------------------------------------

Rules
1) Iwaku rules apply
2) Obey the GM, I'm hoping to not have to force you to do anything, but I will if I need to
3) Please, no fighting OOC, this is for fun, not arguing
4) Characters need to be humanoid, also, please have them be male or female only
5) Only one character per person. This may change later.
6) Please keep profanity to a minimum, and please don't curse at all OOC
7) Use full sentences, and please make posts at least three sentences. Dialogue with another player's character is an exception.
8) Please tell me if you won't be able to post for a period over five days. I will then create an IC reason for your character to be absent (you can create your own reason if you wish)
9) Romance is okay, but for anything sexual please Fade to Black and feel free to complete the interaction over PM
10) For combat we will roll a d100. Depending on the situation (skill of opponent, enchantments, etc.) I will determine the percent chance. For example, if it is a 75 percent chance of success, a roll of 75 or lower succeeds.
11) No godmodding, mary sues, or any forms of cheating, we want to have fun

I will play any NPCs as needed, but I'd prefer for most (non-combat) interactions to be between two or more player characters. Feel free to use a photo as part of your character sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me for being off so much, but I was on vacation in central Russian city.
Welp

I am back now, I was in the hospital, but I'm good now.

@Neobach glad to have you back. Are you sure you're ok? If you need more time to rest or anything it's fine.

@Avaiger I know it says signup but I just want to double check to see if this was open.

Oh it's all good, I'm doing pretty good right now

@KatherinWinter sorry, I don't think it would work, we're just a bit too far IC to fit in a new character. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I just don't think it would work.

Heeey everyone, I'm sorry for not replying for a week! I actually haven't been getting notifications/emails so I've had nooo clue that people were replying.

Also, I'm just a little confused? Is the school under attack again??

@UnsafeSpaces ok, thanks for telling me and hopefully your notifications will start working. Also, no the school isn't under attack again (yet), but everyone who posted had to post their characters reacting to the attack, meaning that it all got a bit jumbled up post wise, with some peoples' posts lasting a shorter or longer time IC. Every post so far has been within a few hours after the attack and no other attack has happened.

Sorry I haven't made a post since my intro, I was a little confused as to what was going on but I re-read over everything and understand a bit more. I'll post as soon as I get back from the store

@Eon @kuukakulily @UnsafeSpaces @WitchesRayvyn @Neobach @WitchcraftIsScience

Ok, so, as we have seen, the villain is leagues above us and all of the characters will need to get a lot stronger. @Eon suggested having each character get a significant boost through a side quest that everyone goes on. Therefore after each side quest one character will be significantly stronger. So, I decided that before I start any side quests IC I am going to talk to you in pm about how exactly your character gets stronger. Also, for future reference, if for any reason you want to leave the roleplay, or just think it is dead, please message me and don't just stop posting. This way I can use this knowledge to gauge whether or not I need to try to get everyone to post more often or know if something isn't fun.

Ok, so, quite a lot of you haven't responded to my message. I just want to make sure you know that if you don't respond I will assume that means you want me to make it up. I'm willing to do so, as I said in the message, but I am also willing to hear any ideas you have. Also, if any of you didn't get a message then please tell me so I can find out why and fix it just in case I need to message you about Wyrdwood in the future.

• Useful
Reactions: WitchesRayvyn
@kuukakulily @Eon @WitchesRayvyn @WitchcraftIsScience @UnsafeSpaces @Neobach

Is everyone still interested? I know I haven't been posting much but I've been waiting for more people to respond to my PMs. If you all could please respond I will be happy to continue the RP (or write you out IC if you are no longer interested). I would really like to make this as much fun as I can but I can't do that without your help, so please respond one way or the other.

Thanks @WitchesRayvyn but I'm not sure it's gonna be able to continue at this point. I hope it's not over because it's fun. It has been a kinda bumpy ride. I didn't expect my first RP as GM (second overall) to go like this. I really hope it isn't over, but it doesn't look good right now.

Yeah I kind of got that feeling when people stopped posting. If it is over I'll be sad but I'll understand.

No problem hun, sorry it turned out this way.

I'm not leaving anytime soon. I think we can still make this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.