Status
Not open for further replies.
So should i make a new character instead or?
If you can tone him down, that would be amazing. I gave some suggestions for how that could work. I just need a reason for him to have been captured. Perhaps he's been trapped in a mortal vessel - maybe he's a spirit, possessing a weak Spirit mage. I want to make this guy work because I think you did a fantastic job, I just worry that he's a little too powerful. Give him a reason to be trapped with all the others, and we'll be right as rain. :)

On the other hand, I'm sure whatever character you bring to the table will be great. Experiment, and see what works for you. Please, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM - if you end up joining up a little late, its totally understandable. Thanks for being so cool about this! :thumbsup:

If you can tone him down, that would be amazing. I gave some suggestions for how that could work. I just need a reason for him to have been captured. Perhaps he's been trapped in a mortal vessel - maybe he's a spirit, possessing a weak Spirit mage. I want to make this guy work because I think you did a fantastic job, I just worry that he's a little too powerful. Give him a reason to be trapped with all the others, and we'll be right as rain. :)

On the other hand, I'm sure whatever character you bring to the table will be great. Experiment, and see what works for you. Please, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM - if you end up joining up a little late, its totally understandable. Thanks for being so cool about this! :thumbsup:
I changed his history but i'm not quite sure if you want me to remove the katana part too or not.

Reactions: Sir Basil
Welp time to go read all the other character sheets! Look for people Ronan can use be friends with!

trtS8mw.jpg

Since my character is a Spirit Mage who knows relatively well how to use his magic as he and his Spirit are on quite good terms, that could lead to a potential link to your character if your character ever wanted advice/help on how to work with the Spirit or magic or anything like that~ ^_^

I changed his history but i'm not quite sure if you want me to remove the katana part too or not.

Much better , thank you ! And yes , please remove the katana and swap Ina long sword. I know it's a minor nitpick, but I really appreciate it.

Glad to have you! Excited to see what direction your character goes. :)

Much better , thank you ! And yes , please remove the katana and swap Ina long sword. I know it's a minor nitpick, but I really appreciate it.

Glad to have you! Excited to see what direction your character goes. :)
Can i just reference it as a curved sword or no?

• Thank You
Reactions: Kame
Character sheet updated and finished (for now).

WTH why did I miss all these new messages? I stopped getting alerts since page four of this thread D:

And now that I've seen everyone else's characters, I think mine is really weak and uninteresting in comparison u.u And skills wise, Lannis' character is really similar to mine. I hope I get better ideas during the roleplay itself...

Last edited:
WTH why did I miss all these new messages? I stopped getting alerts since page four of this thread D:

And now that I've seen everyone else's characters, I think mine is really weak and uninteresting in comparison u.u And skills wise, Lannis' character is really similar to mine. I hope I get better ideas during the roleplay itself...

Oh no ! Glad to hear back from you !

You can always make revisions to your character before the game starts. I want you to make something you are truly in love with. :)

@sir basil said:
I'm mildly concerned that your character won't work well with the others - after all, this is a game that favours cooperation. On the other hand, I think her behaviour is entirely reasonable for an Igrish patriot and herb witch. I particularly enjoy her backstory, and think it makes a good deal of sense.
If you feel it necessary, I would certainly be willing to tone down her personality somewhat to better get along with the others, however, I've always believed some conflict between characters is good for RP.

@Isho13 said:
I definitely did not mean to copy your character's skills. My fault for not going over the other character sheets in detail. But hey, they're fairly different personality wise.

• Thank You
Question, would Ronan be sort of a known public figure? As in he would have some attention already with the announcement of him being a heretic? Or are All Disciples treated more privately and within the Church? Just wondering if his popularity will cause some disadvantage in staying in hiding or etc. from what I understood there is some following for all disciples but it isnt too big, just wanted to know

Tbh you could change the character of course, but you could also develop her more mid RP itself, their personalities are night and day from what I read and The willingness to heal someone will also apply

Lannis's character might be a stronger healer cause of her age and experience but as her personality part says she is really rude and will only help people if it benefits her. She will probably not help Lodians at all (like ronan) of course im speaking based on what i read in the personality part.

While your character will probably feel very guilty if she doesnt help someone in need, she may respect the other healers skills but despise her and it might act as a motivation to surpass her and become a better mage and healer.

Now if you feel anxious I HIGHLY encourage you to change characters to something you would feel comfortable with. There are a lot of possibilities and I believe u could easily pop out a character or two with some more reading of the lore :)

Question, would Ronan be sort of a known public figure? As in he would have some attention already with the announcement of him being a heretic? Or are All Disciples treated more privately and within the Church? Just wondering if his popularity will cause some disadvantage in staying in hiding or etc. from what I understood there is some following for all disciples but it isnt too big, just wanted to know.

All-Disciples are pretty much locked away, and like I said, very rarely rarely journey out from the capital in Tir-Caredyr. Outside of the city, he likely is utterly anonymous. However, All-Swords, or All-Speakers, would likely recognize him - and All-Swords are far more inclined to wanter. The only way he might be recognized is that All-Disciples are perpetually dressed immaculately, and it is expected that their patrons provide them with expensive gifts or tokens of affection in order to keep their affections. However, it is likely that most of this has been stripped for him following his imprisonment.
If you feel it necessary, I would certainly be willing to tone down her personality somewhat to better get along with the others, however, I've always believed some conflict between characters is good for RP.
I don't think its necessary. Conflict drives story, and I'm looking forward to see how this Igrish patriot deals with all the Lodains and Myrrs - I wonder if she'll develop a friendship with Wolfe?
Tbh you could change the character of course, but you could also develop her more mid RP itself, their personalities are night and day from what I read and The willingness to heal someone will also apply

----
Now if you feel anxious I HIGHLY encourage you to change characters to something you would feel comfortable with. There are a lot of possibilities and I believe u could easily pop out a character or two with some more reading of the lore :)
@Isho13 -- @Wizzy The Wizard has made some great suggestions. Don't feel trapped by your concept - feel free to change your character over the next few hours will I get the OOC character page together. Or, don't change your concept - as Wiz says, she's different enough to make an interesting parallel with our herb witch. The way that they were captured and their crimes themselves are very different too; maybe explore that difference. When reading the two characters, I truly didn't think they seemed similar at all. The skill-set doesn't make the character. :)
Character sheet updated and finished (for now).

Looks great! One thing - All Swords are generally members of the Church initially - as All-Brothers and Sisters, lay members of the clergy. Since you character aspired to be one, is it possible that he left the church when they did not deem him suitable? That could be an interesting tension to explore... I imagine it might have rattled his faith. Other than my spit-balling, I think Jasper looks good to go! Accepted. :)

I am...
EXCITED

I really want this to start already lol, can't contain my excitement

• Thank You
  • Thank You
Looks great! One thing - All Swords are generally members of the Church initially - as All-Brothers and Sisters, lay members of the clergy. Since you character aspired to be one, is it possible that he left the church when they did not deem him suitable? That could be an interesting tension to explore... I imagine it might have rattled his faith. Other than my spit-balling, I think Jasper looks good to go! Accepted. :)
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Part of his bout of depression was that he left the Church and kind of sulked for a while. I'll put in a bit more elaboration for that once I feel the urge to write up a bit more.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.