Status
Not open for further replies.
On a tangent note, @Sir Basil, where did you get the pictures used in the first post? They're very pretty.

I believe they have something to do with dragon age but not sure, you could probably do search by image on google for one of them and find the source, im too lazy too so

On a tangent note, @Sir Basil, where did you get the pictures used in the first post? They're very pretty.

@Wizzy The Wizard 's right again! They're lovingly stolen fromDragon Age. Expect more of them as we go through.

Also, I apologize to all of you. I have spent the entire day coding the OOC post. I finally was able to get it to work with me , and it will be posted within 4 hours. Thanks for bearing with me !

• Love
Reactions: Wizzy The Wizard
I miss all the good RP's....

@Wizzy The Wizard 's right again! They're lovingly stolen fromDragon Age. Expect more of them as we go through.

Also, I apologize to all of you. I have spent the entire day coding the OOC post. I finally was able to get it to work with me , and it will be posted within 4 hours. Thanks for bearing with me !
Appreciate all the effort you're putting into the OOC page even, it makes me want to up my posting game and make my posts as great as possible. I should try to learn some coding too. But I digress, appreciate the effort you're putting in even with the OOC page.

YOU SIR, ARE NO SLACKER!
tumblr_inline_o0nt42sCaJ1tzwkwy_500.gif

I wont speak for the GM here but I think since the OOC is still in the works that you may be able to squeeze in a CS if you're quick with it and finish it by tonight possibly. Of course that is TOTALLY up to him, act of your own accord.

Lets see if I squeezed this in quick enough.

Name: Cadoc Ulfgeir
Ethnicity: Gaul
Religion: Druidic
Home Region: Gaul
Known Languages: Lodainic, Gaulian, and the Gods' Good Common.

Appearance: [REFERENCE] A tall and broad man with a long face, straight nose and an unkempt beard that help hide his lightly freckled cheeks. He has short brown hair and hazel eyes. Cadoc carries himself like a brute and his demeanour matches his speech, often unsteady. Tattoos covering his upper body are always hidden beneath the basic clothes of the peasantry.

Personality: Uncouth and low-born are words often used to describe Cadoc. Born deep in the forests Gaul he never learned to speak any language all to well, nor did he accustom himself to the mannerisms of nobles and their ilk. Though Cadoc appears disrespectful he has a strong respect towards authority, particularly that of the Ceannard, and nature. He has a great disdain towards the Church of All and their members and is quick to lash out at them. Problems are dealt with head on.

Class: Hired Lout

Skills: Cadoc is apt to labour intensive duties, though he shows no grand skill at any particular craft. His physique allows him to do well in combat without any extensive training, though he is more skilled than typical with axes and spears. He has a working knowledge of surviving the Gaulian wilderness and is a moderately successful hunter. Cadoc is an accomplished whittler .

Weaknesses: Cadoc has a fading trust in others and prefers to be totally self reliant often to his detriment. Despite an impressive physique the man is slow and lacks any great endurance when it comes to running. He has a fervent fear of being in open water due to his inability to swim. Currently Cadoc suffers from a swollen left eye, and a busted lip from his capture by the All-Bastards.

History: Childhood dreams of becoming a hero drove Cadoc early on in his life. His mother was a loom maiden and wove clothing and rugs for the small hamlet they lived in. Nestled deep in the woods and far out of the way it was uncommon for people to visit, let alone know of the sixty or so peasants that called it home. Cadocs father was for the most part a hunter, though he also worked odd jobs. His greatest joy was to tell grand tales of fighting in giant battles, enthralling the young and impressionable Cadoc to believing the grandeur of life was glory earned in battle. With an otherwise uneventful childhood, save for the time he was kicked by a horse Cadoc has little to say about his early childhood. His two older brothers had a similar upbringing but were, luckily, safe from the mares kick.

When Cadoc turned fourteen his life suddenly became eventful. Three weeks after his birthday his mother fell ill. Some sickness had finally caught up with her; almost forty it wasn't all that surprising to the family. She passed away peacefully and a funeral was held where her ashes were spread in The Old Road that flowed near the hamlet. Shortly after that he watched as his fathers livelihood dwindled. A month or so later and his father passed away from sickness as well. Their neighbours did their best to help, but with so little supplies among the lot of them there wasn't much they weren't lacking themselves. The boys took to hunting and gathering food. Cadoc found himself best employed trading the fur from the brothers hunts and whittling wooden amulets and dawdles for the ladies that believed them pretty.

Eventually one of the dawdles that Cadoc made was enough to win the affection of a fair haired lassie. She was short and every bit as fiery as he was back then. After Cadoc turned eighteen years old he and Ellie were to be wed, but her family had denied him the right. In a fury he struck out at her father bringing the relationship to an abrupt end. Without much to do anymore Cadoc left for the north, towards war with the Southern Rebellion.

Within the ranks Cadoc became an ordinary foot soldier for the war machine. His size and brutish personality made him a strong albeit unskilled warrior and earned him a fair degree of respect among his companions. All of a sudden the childhood dream of being a hero was reborn in Cadoc and he entered the fray with renewed fervour every time. Months away from home took him further and further down the dark path carved out of the rebellion. There is a solid month or so period that Cadoc has absolutely no recollection of after he took a strong blow to the head. His earliest memory is of waking up under the care of an overworked nurse telling him to stop his damned groaning. After his injury Cadoc was left behind the advance and ended up settling in as a farmhand in some of the newly claimed Lodain lands.

Before realizing it Cadoc had made a life for himself away from home. Without purpose though Codac fell into drunken stupors. Any coin he earned he spent at the tavern and bar brawls became a bit of a pass time for him. The innkeeper seeing an opportunity employed him as a bit of local security. Easier to deduct his pay than persuade him to pay tabs after all. In one of Codacs drunken brawls he landed a full power blow into the face of an All-Disciple sprawling him on the ground like an old rug. It meant little to Cadoc that he'd hit some All-whathaveyou, but the flurry of fists and hafts that struck him to the ground believed otherwise. When he came to his hands were shackled, his head pounded with every bump of the cart, and he was closer and closer to the trial that awaited him.

Reactions: Wizzy The Wizard
I wont speak for the GM here but I think since the OOC is still in the works that you may be able to squeeze in a CS if you're quick with it and finish it by tonight possibly. Of course that is TOTALLY up to him, act of your own accord.
Because I am a total failure at coding, feel free to make a sheet. You will be the official last participant.
Lets see if I squeezed this in quick enough.
I would be an utter fool not to accept this wonderful character! Welcome Cadoc!

Reactions: Crispy
I always manage to forget to watch the thread every time I check up on it. -w-

I am excited however. also i knew the images on the occ post looked familiar..dragon age artwork is always great ugh

Unless you have already reserved a spot, said something in this interest check, or have PM'ed me about a spot, I'm now closing off WITCH HUNT to new players.
(I'm a little late.)​

If you were thinking of making a CS and missed your chance, PM! We'll try to work something out. , I'll definitely hold a reservation spot for you if a player ever drops out. But, I should also note that if a player's existing character dies -- they're free to make another character if they'd like to!

I have made a separate thread to store character sheets as it's easier to look over them all that way, and easier for players to make edits as they go and look over the current cast. OOC chatter can follow, but I want to get all the sheets up first, uninterrupted by conversation. Continue to chat here until all the sheets are up -- I'll post a big ol' thing when you can start posting OOC chatter in the OOC thread.

Please post your character sheets HERE: CLOSED SIGNUPS - ᛡ W I T C H H U N T ᛡ [ OOC ] Please edit them there to reflect changes to your character as the game progresses.​

I am so proud of all of you, and so excited to see how your characters develop! I'm more than a little delighted with each and every one of you, and your wonderful heretics. Thanks to everyone here and those who have shown interest, and thank you to all who put up with my incredibly slow and amateur GMing so far. I hope you all are motivated to stick with this beast - as I'm absolutely ecstatic to get started.

The IC will be here by early next week.

I missed all the new messages again! Why doesn't this pop up alerts for me if I'm watching the thread?! D:

I missed all the new messages again! Why doesn't this pop up alerts for me if I'm watching the thread?! D:

I have no idea - but sometimes alerts say that other messages might follow , and doesn't tell you about them specifically ?? I don't know? I honestly just refresh the "Watched Threads" page :p

The OOC... it's so pretty. I'm in love...

Also -- thank you ! That's why I was so late on getting it posted. :( I got caught up in making it all fancy.

Is it going to start today or somewhere next week?

Is it going to start today or somewhere next week?

The IC will be up either Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday ! I have a party tonight , and want to take the time to write an introduction that really sets the tone -- and assures you that you haven't signed on to an RP where the GM can't write for shit ! :p

If you don't check the alert once a single new message is posted any subsequent ones don't trigger an alert for you, even if they're spaced a month apart.

Also, the OOC looks badass. I'm not normally fond of crazy complex coding but it looks good and sets a tone.

• Useful
Reactions: Sir Basil
Everybody's character sheets are assembled in an easy to read order, so please feel free to start chatting in the OOC thread-- (CLOSED SIGNUPS - ᛡ W I T C H H U N T ᛡ [ OOC ]) :)

I know people are anxious to start, so I will be working on the IC over the course of today and tomorrow : it will no doubt be up by Monday. Please be patient with me : I'm just as eager to start as you !

I really hope that you're all eager and ready to flex your little writer muscles! While you wait -- there's a little writing prompt on the OOC thread. Have fun! Thank you for your patience !

Reactions: Isho13
Holy balooney, that looks awesome. Since it's such a ton of info, I'll ask before I read the second half: Is this still accepting?

Holy balooney, that looks awesome. Since it's such a ton of info, I'll ask before I read the second half: Is this still accepting?
Unless you have already reserved a spot, said something in this interest check, or have PM'ed me about a spot, I'm now closing off WITCH HUNT to new players.
Unfortunately, we are not accepting new players at this time. However, if you shoot me a PM and talk to me about the sort of character you want to play, we can maybe work out a role for you in the future. In addition, if anybody drops, you are more than welcome to join this RP ; so i would watch this thread, and the OOC very carefully. :)

Please take a time to look through the lore -- and the more complete version of it on the OOC page -- and feel free to send me questions, comments, concerns and things like that. Depending on what you're interested in, its possible that you could squeeze in at this present recruitment period. We can talk about your options in some PMs. :)

Thank you so much for your interest!

• Thank You
Reactions: sun.
*cries softly into the oblivion*

Please add me to the waiting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.