Status
Not open for further replies.
My character is in the works! Will probably be done either at midnight or a bit after, though I do have a question @Sir Basil, you may have included it somewhere in the first post but I can't recall seeing it but is there a limit to the amount of characters one can play? I came up with two ideas for a character and still haven't decided which I like better so I worked on both of them. -w-

My character is in the works! Will probably be done either at midnight or a bit after, though I do have a question @Sir Basil, you may have included it somewhere in the first post but I can't recall seeing it but is there a limit to the amount of characters one can play? I came up with two ideas for a character and still haven't decided which I like better so I worked on both of them. -w-

Just one please, though I appreciate the enthusiasm ! With an RP this big, I'll be busy enough keeping track of everybody's single character. Please let me know if you have any questions! Good luck! :D

• Useful
Reactions: Bears
Alright! I thought it would only be one. His character sheet still needs to be finalized but just for a bit of a heads up: He's an Irgrisian who's apart of a very proud, traditional (formerly) noble family. Had Igris never been colonized, he would have been an Eril by now and he is well aware of that. I hope that's alright with you!

• Thank You
Reactions: Sir Basil
Alright! I thought it would only be one. His character sheet still needs to be finalized but just for a bit of a heads up: He's an Irgrisian who's apart of a very proud, traditional (formerly) noble family. Had Igris never been colonized, he would have been an Eril by now and he is well aware of that. I hope that's alright with you!

Sounds absolutely great. I love it.

Name: Gaheris Wolfe Leighton
Ethnicity: Lochan/Igrisian
Religion: None
Home Region: Igris
Known Languages: The God’s Good Common, Igrish, and Lodainic.

Appearance: Wolfe is a strong and perhaps even intimidating man. He stands at nearly 6'3 with broadened shoulders, callous hands and no lack of body hair. Due to his Lochan blood, he has black hair but in respect towards his Igrisian mother, he keeps his now graying hair in a long thick braid, unafraid to show that status that he feels has been wrongly robbed of not only him, but the nation he lives in.

Personality: Wolfe is a very honorable, charismatic, and passionate man. He is unafraid to say what is on his mind or how he feels despite how broody his face might seem - he can even be quite witty! He respects honor in battle above everything else and strives to be the proper image of an Igrisian due to his background. But like many, he has plenty of internal struggles to be explored later.

Class: Resistance Leader

Skills and Abilities:
- Swordsmanship
- War Tactics
- Wilderness Survival
- Leadership
Weaknesses:
- Has blind hatred for the Lodains and any of their supporters.
- Holds a strict code of honor and morals that can complicate things.
- Is extremely prideful.
- His passion towards his cause has and will cloud his judgement.

History: Wolfe was born as the only child of the heir to the (formerly) noble Igrisian house, Leighton. The Leighton household was one of the four ruling noble houses who according to legend were founded by heroes. They were also the noble house most unhappy with the empire's colonization of Igirs. As well as a Eril, his father was an honorable warrior who took much pride in his country and it's people. Wolfe's mother was a simple Lochan woman in which his father fell madly in love with. Due to his father's station it was quite the controversy when he mixed in Lochan blood into the Leighton household but he did it regardless of anyone else's concerns. This brought on controversy among the houses and the Leighton's took a hit to their reputation. Even more controversy happened when Wolfe was born and subsequently named after Lochan legend warrior Gaheris. But his parents wished him to be capable of bringing change to the lands and gave him a name that symbolized their wish for him. His second name was his father's and to this day he prefers going by it due to how weighted his first name is.

Much like his father, Wolfe grew passionate about the nation of Igris even despite how coldly some of the other noble houses looked at his black hair. He trained in the way of a warrior and proved his worth to his nation through combat prowess and ability. Throughout his adulthood he used his abilities in different Resistance efforts that cropped up, using aliases to hide his ties to the Leighton House. But when sickness took both of his parents he mounted his sword momentarily to inherit the Leighton title. He lead as fairly as he could and for the most part was liked by those under him. But as the situation of the Empire got worse and worse, the less Wolfe could stand by and doing nothing.

With support from his subordinates and the people under him, the Leighton Household turned away from the empire and started a rebellion nearly four years ago. With five hundred men and a base of operation being his childhood home, Wolfe led his men from the frontlines, utilizing guerilla style hit and run operations against their oppressors for three years. Wolfe aimed to inspire the rest of his country men and the other three ruling noble houses but a mixture of old prejudices and fear of imperial retaliation kept the larger factions from joining his cause. To this day, Wolfe still believes had things gone differently Igris would be free of the Lodainic occupation.

It was difficult without enough influential and steadfast allies. Wolfe's rebellion was very rag-tag despite being one of the more successful attempts during the most recent years. He and his men spent plenty of nights lying caves, ruins, forest and such. He never got much sleep, he was always prepared for an Imperial ambush. But eventually the movement came to an end when his lover and second-in-command betrayed him to the Lodainic Empire.

Under false pretenses of safety, Wolfe lead his company of five hundred men into a valley with enough arrows trained on them that it'd drown out the sun for a moment were they to be fired. Instead of meeting an ally as his lover promised, Wolfe was greeted by a general of the Empire. The general offered to show Wolfe's men mercy were he to surrender willingly and face execution in the center of Lodain. Wishing to spare his men and deeply hurt by the betrayal of his love, Wolfe laid down his weapons and complied. He was clasped and irons and received a front row seat to his men drenched in the shadow of a thousand arrows. In midst of the hoarse shouts, curses and tears running down his face that followed, the former leader of the Leighton resistance was dragged away from the valley that still haunts his dream and brought to face the All-Speakers. His lover and lieutenant took over the Leighton house thereafter and Wolfe has been reduced to nothing but a vengeful prisoner facing execution.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Wizzy The Wizard
Name: Wolfe Authaire
Hair Colour: Dark Brown to Light Red. Never blonde, never black. Most Igrisians grey prematurely.

As much as I love to see Blackwall as a Faceclaim... :lovestruck:
Perhaps Wolfe is part Myrr, or maybe part Lochan? Lochan would make a great deal of sense, considering that they racially have dark hair and light eyes.

@Sir Basil Blackwall is great. swoon

I did wonder if his hair would be considered black or dark brown - I will make the necessary adjustments~

@Sir Basil Blackwall is great. swoon

I did wonder if his hair would be considered black or dark brown - I will make the necessary adjustments~
Otherwise, he looks great! I'd love to hear you expand upon his house a little in his backstory, but its possible that could come up in RP.

@Sir Basil I have a question that I can't remember was answered yet: how does one go about learning the true name of something they don't know?

(Honestly I'd have looked more if this question was already answered but I'm really tired ^^;)

• Useful
Otherwise, he looks great! I'd love to hear you expand upon his house a little in his backstory, but its possible that could come up in RP.
I've made some of the preliminary changes, he now part Lochan as you suggested. I had originally kept the specifics of his background vague in case what I had thought of didn't match the established lore perfectly. But if you'd like I can definitely expand his background more as I've already a few things I plan on bringing up in the RP rather than the sheet. :)

@Sir Basil I have a question that I can't remember was answered yet: how does one go about learning the true name of something they don't know?

(Honestly I'd have looked more if this question was already answered but I'm really tired ^^;)

Generally , they have to make a pact with a spirit , sacrifice blood, or stumble upon a a tome in the Old Roads with the recorded word. It's possible to learn them from another Mage - but mages generally don't tell others their collected True Names. The reason don't , is because any mispronunciation can go terribly wrong, resulting in not just a misfired spell, but occasionally worst devastation than the spell was originally supposed to work.

Another option is to search the Duinnoban for the true name of an object or a person, by infiltrating their dreams, or conversing with spirits. This is very, very dangerous for all sorts of reasons.

I've made some of the preliminary changes, he now part Lochan as you suggested. I had originally kept the specifics of his background vague in case what I had thought of didn't match the established lore perfectly. But if you'd like I can definitely expand his background more as I've already a few things I plan on bringing up in the RP rather than the sheet. :)
The more the better! It means I can bring up more specific things, and have characters comment on specific aspects of your character. For the moment, you are approved! :D

• Useful
Reactions: DustBunny
I enjoy this character a lot. I like the lore surrounding his ancient nature - and his realtionship to the magic of the world. While I think he is an interesting character for the world, he doesn't particularly suit this game due to a few minor problems. Namely, I think your character might simply be too powerful to be captured by the Faith. You didn't include how he was captured in his backstory - and this RP presumes that you have been subdued by the faith, and captured. In a more meta-stance, this is also a game that really focuses on growth, and starting from the bottom and (maybe) becoming (a little) powerful. While I think your character's fears about Igris and Gaul are awesome, like A++ motivation, I worry that he doesn't have any place to grow towards. That's not to say I don't think he's capable of development. I think he is. I just need a reason for him to have been captured. Perhaps he's been trapped in a mortal vessel - maybe he's a spirit, possessing a weak Spirit mage. I want to make this guy work because I think you did a fantastic job, I just worry about his place in this RP.
Also, no katana. This world features such amazing sword possibilities as: small, medium and large. Weaponry hasn't really gotten particularly creative yet. Also, from a meta standpoint - this world doesn't have a whole lot of Asian influences. :P
The only ''Asian'' characteristics i put in my character was the katana but... i acted like it was a new thing, ie not really ''asian'' but just a new concept of weaponry style/form of a blade. So.. i mean, i was just trying to convey the ''katana'' as a new thing in this world that hasn't been seen before, a curved blade made of iron, something new to the world when essentially the real world would call it asian arts but this world wouldn't know what to call it. If you still feel like it is needed to remove the katana i'll just replace it with i assume a regular longsword.

My apologies with the history... kinda forgot where i was for a second, i was so focused on the end point that i was blinded to the fact that i had more things to do. I'll edit my history as soon as possible, also expect another awesome character soon, if that is okay with you?

If you want me to decrease the power of my character more than i will in the update please let me know, my second character if you'll let me have one will be pretty open to improvement.

So its my first CS in 2 years so there are some issues for sure. Please be totally honest with what you think about it and what I should fix about it if it has something wrong. Im just trying to get back into it and hopefully start enjoying rping once again :) I welcome other rpers to also give me some criticism etc. I haven't really written in a while.

Name: Ronan Khinganme
Ethnicity: Lodian
Religion: Claims to be with the Church of All of course, but he has his own interests in mind at all costs so it would be more appropriate to say none.
Home Region: Lodain
Known Languages: God's Good Common, Lodainic
Appearance:
Shockingly Blue eyes (They sort of POP), White Hair, Fair,
very light skin tone. Stands at an average 5'9
big_thumb_2bc986a8d63af1a2ab9ef9f477dbd18d.jpg

Personality: Ronan is an extremely prideful individual and sees himself most definitely superior to those that surround themselves around him. Although it does seem childish, the reason why he is so silent is because does not believe it is worth to speak to others unless it is to gain something from them. He is rarely interested in other individuals, he often finds himself in trouble with easily aggravated types for ignoring them or them misunderstanding his normal expression as a nasty/glare towards them. This attitude does seem to be effective in attracting a large amount of admirers. He is one of the most beloved All-Disciples, his popularity could soon match that of the main All-Disciple. That has only inflated his ego and his ambitions have become stronger.

Class:
All Disciple
Spirit Mage, this was only a recent revelation.

Skills:
His Looks: A pretty face can get you places
Manipulation: Excels at manipulating others and twisting words around. This includes seduction and other means of manipulation, he is particularly incredibly
Tactician/Quick Thinker/Highly Intelligent: There are a lot of stupid people out there, luckily he isn't one of them.
Light footed, High stamina: He is a very fast runner and light of his feet in general.

Weaknesses:
Not very strong: In terms of physical strength, he is definitely below average
Arrogant and Prideful: Can get him into some bad situations in social interactions.

Dislikes:
Frogs/Toads: Not really a weakness, he simply sees them as disgusting and despicable creatures.
People that look down on him: This is mostly in the literal sense, it bothers him when people look down on him. Also it in a metaphorical sense in special cases.

History:

Birthed from a rather controversial pair of lovers, A Lodain man woman; who found each other through travel between the countries of Igris and Lodain, fell for each other at first sight and decided to leave both of their specific circumstances from their previous backgrounds and to live in the Rural Outskirts of Lodain. This of course made Ronan's childhood a rather dull and led to him finding his own means of entertainment. He began to develop his superiority complex and personality when he met another girl his age when he was 11. His parents made friends with a couple that had moved from the populated areas and started living near them out in the outskirts of Lodain.

Ronan found himself playing with the girl often when both their mothers would meet up to talk. They would run around in the forestry and explore the surroundings, they seemed like good friends from the parents view but Ronan would often bully the girl into doing his bidding such as finding food for him or using her for other things. Ronan came to hate the girl rather quickly, she was rather incompetent and disturbing from his view point. She was timid and unaware of several things even he; in his isolated lifestyle, knew. This is what had him realize that even with the advantages that were presented to her. He had an inherent advantage in who he was (To put it in simpler terms, he figured out he began to think he was just a better human). The girl simply obediently did what she could do or was forced by Ronan to do things she was not particularly fond of.

Nonetheless the relationship between them somehow grew over 3 years, Ronan had gradually lost interest in how she would act and how to manipulate her, while she continued to become more open and interested in him even if he abused her, he had gained information from her on how she and her family reached this area from the city and she told him how they got there. Eventually Ronan left home for the city at the age of 14, his parents woke to see a rather short letter of goodbye from Ronan. At this point is when Ronan believes his life to have actually began. He realized that he needed means of livelihood, he believed it would easy to find a way to do so but he did not predict just how harsh the enviroment would be to him and the people in it. He could not deal well with the amount of idiots that surrounded him. He soon ran out of food and a way to survive, he eventually found the church. Or more accurately they found him and brought him in while he was passed out near the entrance of a chapel. Ronan was fed and went along with what would get him more food by lying about his "love and affection" for the church and how he wished to live a life to only serve the Gods Who are Many in any way possible. The All-Mother at the chapel seemed swayed by his words and asked him several questions regarding his determination. Ronan would answer all questions directed at him flawlessly.

Eventually Ronan found himself as part of the holy prostitute, training to become an All-Disciple. He found that his lies had snowballed and had put him in a rather absurd situation. He knew he had no option at the time though and continues along with the training, through this training however Ronan learned something that would change him to an even more arrogant and prideful person.

He was born Beautiful.

He began to strive to be a person of perfection with the training he was given, he was absorbed in his ego and began his pursuit of perfection. He eventually did become one of the 10 male All Disciples and rapidly gained popularity among the Church Officails. At the House of Hywern he remained rather silent and idle, only planning to think of how to increase his popularity and selection. Of course that seemed to come by itself as more and more people (especially Female Church officials with a rather submissive lifestyle) were intrigued by the mystery that was this young, new All Disciple. Some believed that he would soon be seen as All-Voices personal All-Disciple with how he gained more and more attention. Of course to Ronan, he only wished to gain more power and influence with his position, powerful enough to seduce and control the All-Voice. That was his current, some would say foolish, plan. He wanted to conquer the power that the leader of the church possessed. Although he believed the progress was too slow. One day the All Voice and his All Disciple assembled all of the All Disciple's to have a ceremony and celebration of appreciation and affection towards them. Ronan's chest tightened more and more as the AV's AD approached him. In front of him stood the position, the power he sought for and wanted so desperately.

When the All Disciple approached Ronan finally and placed his/her hand on Ronan's shoulder to give words of love and affection to him, a force within Ronan caused an incredible heat to surround him. This heat, subsequently, burned the hand of the All-Voice's precious All-Disciple. The delicate All-Disciple fainted and fell to the floor and suddenly the room had an incredibly tense atmosphere, Ronan had a grin spread across his face and a crazed look in his eye as he watched as the AV's AD fell the the ground, where he belonged, beneath him. Soon Ronan was apprehended and accused of actions against the AV and the church. Of course Ronan now in his right mind was attempting to explain how he is not aware and is not responsible for the injury. It was of course a sudden released of his unknown magical powers that was caused by an emotional trigger. Sadly nobody heeded his plea, the All Voice saw the look Ronan had on his face and with a weary heart announced him as a heretic to be executed. Ronan now wishes to find out how to escape and to learn about this magic that was revealed to him.

Last edited:
  • Love
@Sir Basil, background has been edited. I like it much better now, he also received a bit of a name change which I hope will be alright with you. (He will mostly go by Wolfe still however!)

@Edward I'm not Basil but I asked earlier about a second character and he said he'd prefer to keep it to one per person as a lot of people are already interested. Not GMing in his place just noting that he said it.

I'll edit my history as soon as possible, also expect another awesome character soon, if that is okay with you?

If you want me to decrease the power of my character more than i will in the update please let me know, my second character if you'll let me have one will be pretty open to improvement.
Thank you so much for being cool about this! I really do enjoy this character, and I think you should definitely revise him, or play with similar themes. Great world building, great character identity - I might steal him for an NPC to be totally honest! And as @BearEnthusiast said, please stick to one character! I love your enthusiasm, I just don't think I personally can manage everyone playing more than one character.

Always remember, Donegal is a crapsack, Gaelic / Germanic inspired world, with limited technology, and everything is awful. Thats the TDLR version.
Name: Ronan Khinganme

I adore this character - you navigated the complicated Church lore really well, and made a character that I'm really interested to see grow and develop. I look forward to seeing how his spirit manifests, and what his relationship with it is. I assume that the reason he doesn't have any True Names listed is because he doesn't know any -- which is totally fine! Maybe he'll learn some as the RP goes along. One thing that I would like - and this is just super nitpicky, is can you adjust your CS so its not all in bold? It's kind of hard on the eyes. :P

@Sir Basil, background has been edited. I like it much better now, he also received a bit of a name change which I hope will be alright with you. (He will mostly go by Wolfe still however!)
I'm in love with the changes you've made. He's wonderful.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this Rp and made characters for it!

By TOMORROW an OOC will be up, with more world information, a place to compile all of your character sheets, and an IC will shortly follow. If your character sheet isn't up and approved by the time that the OOC gets put up (Probably around NOON ARIZONA TIME, FRIDAY), you're unfortunately a little out of luck.

PM me and we'll see what we can work out !

I think we've got a good number of diverse characters, and I'm excited to see what last ones trickle in.

Thanks!

I adore this character - you navigated the complicated Church lore really well, and made a character that I'm really interested to see grow and develop. I look forward to seeing how his spirit manifests, and what his relationship with it is. I assume that the reason he doesn't have any True Names listed is because he doesn't know any -- which is totally fine! Maybe he'll learn some as the RP goes along. One thing that I would like - and this is just super nitpicky, is can you adjust your CS so its not all in bold? It's kind of hard on the eyes. :P
Im glad you liked the character :D!

Did some formatting as asked, was just kind of rushed and I didn't even notice it was all bolded lmao.

As for the Magic thing and as to why he doesn't know any true names, you hit the nail on the head. I kind of wanted something to also develop mid RP and as he finds out more about his interests and his power. Of course that wont be my main point for development, I simply thought it would be a good tool to create more interactions and handy for self defense or even offense once he learns more about it.

Quick Question(s) on spirits, It'll basically be like another mini personality of Ronans in his dreams right, like a second voice for him? Is that how spirits are sort of interpreted? Also could ronan exchange words with the spirit while he is awake?

Thank you so much for being cool about this! I really do enjoy this character, and I think you should definitely revise him, or play with similar themes. Great world building, great character identity - I might steal him for an NPC to be totally honest! And as @BearEnthusiast said, please stick to one character! I love your enthusiasm, I just don't think I personally can manage everyone playing more than one character.
So should i make a new character instead or?

Quick Question(s) on spirits, It'll basically be like another mini personality of Ronans in his dreams right, like a second voice for him? Is that how spirits are sort of interpreted? Also could ronan exchange words with the spirit while he is awake?

I don't wanna speak for the GM, but the way I interpreted it with my character was that the Spirit is a being all on its own in its own plane of existence, not actually another personality of the character him/herself. After the bond is made, however, the spirit merges basically into the mind/personality of the character. It's not so much a 'second voice' but really two people sharing one body who can freely communicate back and forth~ p.s. love the character btw ^_^

If I'm wrong, and I very well could be, our wonderful GM will correct me bc that's my thoughts on Spirits and if I'm wrong I want to know what's right XD

If I'm wrong, and I very well could be, our wonderful GM will correct me bc that's my thoughts on Spirits and if I'm wrong I want to know what's right XD
@Wizzy The Wizard , @DustBunny Both of you have the right of it. Although the Spirt's own personality can manifest within the character, as a sort of second voice, the Mage and Spirit have a complicated relationship. There are many different ways that a spirit and its host interact - some mages have a truly second soul, which sometimes works against them. Others just have an inner voice that guides and gently speaks to them, while preserving the Mage's own personality remains intact.

Here's what I said in my initial lore about Spirit Mages.
With guidance, the child can call upon these powers at will by tapping into the feelings that the spirit they bonded with most responds to.
The child is affected with unusual dreams, and during these dreams is offered a promise of power and respect by a spirit - either helpful or harmful - in exchange for some influence over the physical body of the child - melding with the child's personalty.
Perhaps the most useful thing I can say is that there is always a push and a pull between a mage and a spirit - even the most friendly one - and a tension between who is the one commanding the other. Spirits believe they know best, and Mages believe they know best. Sometimes they are opposed, sometimes they are in agreement - but they're always one being, together. The great fear that the Church has for Spirit mages is the idea that the Mage will be ruled by the Spirit, and that the Spirit - nonhuman, and thus, unknowable - will bring about great destruction.

I hope that helped! I really invite you to explore your own interpretation of Spirit Mages, and how the mage interacts with the Spirit as either part of their own personality - as a possessing spirit - as a ghost - as a dream. Don't be afraid to experiment!

I'm really loving that this is sparking discussion and that you guys are helping and interacting with one another. It warms my cold dead heart guys! :heartbeat:

Welp time to go read all the other character sheets! Look for people Ronan can use be friends with!

trtS8mw.jpg

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.