• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, by what class her family is, did you mean class as in socioeconomic status? And should I include the nobleman being part of the rebellion in her bio?

Btw, by what class her family is, did you mean class as in socioeconomic status? And should I include the nobleman being part of the rebellion in her bio?

Yup! Socioeconomic stuff!
The more details in the biography, the happier I am ! :D Take your time with it!

9TEiqj2.png

Ethnicity:
Lodain

Religion:
Namer

Home Region:
Lodain

Known Languages:
Lodainic, Boreus Lodainic, Igrish, Gods' Good Common, and in the process of learning more

Appearance:

Lloyl stands at the shorter end of the height spectrum of Lodainians at a height of 5'5" with eyes as bright as the sky on a clear summer day. He wears normal travel clothes consisting of tighter pants, a short sleeve white shirt and black combat boots. When he feels as if he needs to hide his appearance, he opts for a cloak and mask rather than his normal clothing.

Personality:

Lloyl is a very caring and helpful individual, but is very good at hiding his real emotions, never letting it show in his face whether he is sad or mad or anything else. He is independent and won't easily accept help from anyone unless he absolutely needs it. Being very outgoing and outspoken, he will talk to anyone and everyone like he had been their friend forever even if he had just met them. Headstrong and stubborn, he won't let his mind be swayed from his ideology of right and wrong and what needs to happen.

Class:
Mage
----- Type: Spirit

----- True Names Known: Clume (Fire) and Aped (Rock)

Skills:
Eidietic Memory, Very Diplomatic, Smart, Kind, Accepting, Swordplay, Quick, Control Over his Magic

Weaknesses:
Not Super Strong Physically, Either too trusting or not at all, Almost no physical defense naturally, Reckless, His Family

History:
Lloyl grew up as the youngest child and only son in one of the most prestigious houses in Lodain. As a son with no hope of inheriting anything in his lifetime, he was often left alone and mostly ignored by his family but was almost forced to stay within the confines of their mansion, leading him to his own solitary lifestyle. With no friends and his family paying him no mind, he kept to himself by immersing himself in the many books that were in the small library-like room. As a child of such a well-known house, he was given a good education enough to be able to read and write, but not much after as his family's focus was on making sure his elder sisters were ready to take over the family fortune and keep the family name in tact.

When he was around the age of 10, he began to have these weird dreams. Dreams where some mystical looking creature was talking to him about a promise of power and respect. These dreams had happened to him many times and he was very unsure of what was happening since they were so common. After some research and some assumptions with information from one book about mystical energies his house had, he figured out that the creature speaking to Lloyl in his dreams was, in fact, a magical spirit that was offering him power that Lloyl assumed to be magic. The next time this common dream rolled around, Lloyl found that he could respond to the Spirit and, while the tome described Spirits as evil and tempting creatures, Lloyl and the Spirit quickly formed a very sibling-esque bond, unlike the one Lloyl had with his sisters.

Growing up with a family and in a country that absolutely abhorred magic, Lloyl obviously kept his new found companion a secret from everyone. The stigma of being a secret Namer and the fact that he new people with magic were getting executed in large numbers each day, led him to flee from his family and homeland. When he turned 12, he had stolen supplies from his family and snuck away into the night while the city was asleep.

As Lloyl and his companion Spirit, named Aedmur, fled from his oppressive home, Aedmur had taught Lloyl of the magic that the Spirit was aligned with, helping the young boy to learn the true names of Fire and Rock to hold up his own end of their little bargain.

Having heard word of rebellion or something about rebels in Gaul, so he made that territory his destination. On the way, he had plenty of time to practice on his magic that he showed promise for. He made sure to never stay in one place for too long as he headed toward Gaul. After he had reached the territory, he had found a center for the rebellion and joined as quickly as he could. He was accepted with open arms into the rebellion and has been with them ever since.

After a few years of working for and with the rebellion, he decided at the age of 17 to become a more active advocate of the rebellion: opting to don a disguise and make pro-rebellion speeches in many cities all over, to try to get a rise out of any Mages or rebels who may be in hiding in the cities and to also attempt to get people to realize that those with magic aren't abominations or anything innately bad.

He's made many many speeches in many cities and not all of them have been very accepting, for lack of a better term, and he had been met with attempted violence, but he always managed to get away. His speeches have helped get some more people join the rebellious cause, but it wasn't very much. Surprisingly, these speeches weren't why he was captured as he always fled before he was caught and he was always in a disguise. He managed to get captured while defending himself with his magic out in the wilds. He had accidentally set a fire in a forest and was quickly beset upon by some All Swords and captured quickly as Lloyl refused to harm another human.

That brings him to being chained with many other of the accused awaiting their imminent doom, but Lloyl was thinking, with much help from Ademur, on how to get himself out of here and even help the others if he could manage it.

Reactions: Sir Basil
@Arcadius , @DustBunny . Both of your characters are approved , and I look forward to seeing them in action!

I can't wait to see the interactions between our wayward noblewomen, our godly architect , and our rebel Mage. :) and whatever characters join them on this wonderous journey !

Reactions: DustBunny
I fixed the backstory.

• Thank You
Appearance: (Picture or description, please. Or both, if there are additional details in your character that are not represented by the image you have chosen. Please keep with the ethnicities and people types previously established and mentioned.)
My dude, you need an appearence ! Once you find an appropriate image or get together a description you'll be approved!
Sounds like awesome old-times pirate music. I'll definitely have it in the back of my head if you happen to come across some lake pirates.. :)

I'm definately interested in this one. I haven't read through everything as yet though, but I will as soon as I have the time.

Please feel free to make them up! My example True Name - Sten, for Stone - is an Old Norse word, but that's only because I know Old Norse. I would recommend you either completely invent them, or use a Gaelic, Germanic, Celtic, or Scandinavian language. However, its ultimately up to you!

I adore Lilian, and look forward to seeing her develop! A noblewoman alone in the world is definitely a rocky start... :) Thank you for getting your character together so promptly! As the rest of the characters float in, I'll start puttering away on an IC Thread. :)
Quick question: May I make twin characters? Or maybe an older sibling and a younger one?

Quick question: May I make twin characters? Or maybe an older sibling and a younger one?

I'd really prefer for you to devote your time to making a single , super awesome character , as well as it makes it difficult for me to keep track of.

That's not to say that your character can't be a twin ! Looking forward to what you're coming up with !

Name: Jasper Ferrutius
Ethnicity: Myrr
Religion: Church of All
Home Region: Tir-Caredyr
Known Languages: The God's Good Common, Lodainic, and Igrish
Appearance:
uhUvwE.jpg
At first glance, the man appears to be the stereotypical depiction of a purebred Myrr, which is probably because he is one. With dusty, dark olive skin dark brown hair, and obviously dark hazel eyes, the only thing that sets him apart from a crowd is that he stands at the higher end of the average population at an astonishing 6'1". When not garbed in his guardsman's attire, he usually wore commoner's clothing dyed in blue; his wife's favorite color.
Personality:
Once annoyingly energetic and ambitious in his youth, Jasper's temperament calmed as the dreams that had driven him faded into memory. Easing into a simple life of a guardsman, he grew more reliable and earnest with his responsibilities and while his skills were neither lacking or stood out from the others, he compensated by picking up the slack from the others. He was good husband, father, and servant for the people, enjoying his quaint, little life, even if he was just a bit cynical when it came to dreams. Easy going, for the most part, his temper took an act of the gods to ignite, but once it did, it would take an equally divine act to stay his wrath; a fact his brother might soon discover.
Class: Guardsman
Skills:
  • Combat Training (Sword and shield, polearm, dagger, and hand-to-hand)
  • Marksmanship (Crossbow)
  • Combat Tactics (One-on-one, one against multiple targets, riot control, magical suppression)
  • Investigative training pertaining to identifying and suppressing heretics and mage
  • Knowledge of laws (both local and general to Myrr)
Weaknesses:
  • Growing old and useless
  • Magic in general due to his cultural background
  • Self-loathing issues
  • Putting others before himself even when it poses a risk to himself
  • Slow to anger and even slower to calm once enraged
  • Grief over the loss of his family
History:
The history of house Ferrutius is filled with valiant heroes, diligent scholars, clever tradesmen, and distinguished politicians, yet the family name always lacked that one tiny boost that would have propelled it to nobility. Perhaps it was only fitting that one such as Jasper came from a lineage. As a child, he possessed dreams of grandeur that many his age held; he would become an All-Sword. As soon as he was old enough to swing a sword, Jasper trained in its ways, leaving behind several years worth of blood, sweat, and tears. Despite his efforts, those within the Church of All found him lacking in one way or another. Such news was devastating, plunging him into a deep depression as he reflected on his life and what was left for one such as he. He would eventually climb out of this depression, starting with the introduction of a woman named Leah he would marry later on. Taking note of his skill and potential, his father-in-law convinced him to join the guard, bringing back the stability and dedication he once had with his martial training. It was by the time his son, Judah, was born that Jasper grew to realize that he had grown fond of this simple life. Just a few months later, things would change. Friedrich Ferrutius, Jasper's older brother, had returned from yet another scholarly pilgrimage as he oft to. Talented in his research, many had expected Friedrich to become a Seeker, yet his sibling's motivations were a mystery to all but himself. Wherever he went on his journeys, the man had become too much of an oddity for their parents, leaving it up to Jasper to host his brother. It didn't take long before his instincts told him Friedrich was up to no good, and to his horror, he was proven right. The elder sibling had become associated with the Namers, taking up their perverted arts and provoking the malcontents of Tir-Caredyr into action, resulting in riots and a wave of devious crimes as they sought to upset the status quo. Furious, Jasper's initial thought was to run the treacherous mage through, but compassion stayed his hand and chose to instead try and reason with Friedrich and convince his brother to turn away from his malevolent path. For his compassion, Jasper was rewarded with ruin. All of Friedrich's misdeeds had garnered the attention of the authorities and with his current retreat, he had conveniently led them back to his home. Jasper and his family were to be hostages, yet the Church of All spared no one when it came to heretics. While Friedrich, ever-so-resourceful and talented, escaped through his magic, he, on the other hand, was not that lucky. When he came to, he was in chains, his body scarred by flames, and his heart soon followed as he was informed that Leah and Judah had perished in the inferno. For now, he has resigned himself to the judgment he'll receive for allowing himself to have compassion for a damnable mage, but time will time if his wrath will allow him to let himself sit idly.

Last edited:
@Arcadius -- You're good to go. Excited to see Halivon in action!
@CasketCase -- So far so good on Jasper - I like that he wanted to be an All-Sword but didn't make the cut. Maybe a Change will be in his future... I realize your sheet is a WIP, but I'd love to hear more details about Jasper's family in his backstory. More details are always better. :)

When I'm satisfied that everybody's good to go, and we don't have any urgent requests to join up, I'll post the OOC thread. in the OOC thread, I'd like for all of you to post your character sheets, first and foremost, and then I'll let you know what will be happening with the IC thread, and a few more general notes on the world, and the characters you might meet along the way. And, as always, I'll be happy to answer questions.

I hope everybody is as excited about this as I am ! :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: DustBunny
I'm interested, but you do know that this section of the site is for just to gather people who might be interested not actually submit characters, that is more or less for the OOC section.

I'm interested, but you do know that this section of the site is for just to gather people who might be interested not actually submit characters, that is more or less for the OOC section.

I apologize I was following the lead of some other members. That said, I still see this space as mostly discussion, and a palce to gain feedback on character sheets and answer questions. In the OOC section, I figured I'd open a thread to post a compilation of character sheets... I don't know though, I simply went off of what I sort of inferred from other RPs! If it needs to be moved, I'll ask a staffie to move it!

As for your interest, thats greatly appreciated! Please take some time to look through the material and FAQ and see if this is an RP for you. :)

As for your interest, thats greatly appreciated! Please take some time to look through the material and FAQ and see if this is an RP for you.
I already know this is a RP for me. Fantasy, medieval, and the obvious display of hard work put into every detail, i love these sort of RPs because you know for a fact they'll last longer than most.

• Thank You
I already know this is a RP for me. Fantasy, medieval, and the obvious display of hard work put into every detail, i love these sort of RPs because you know for a fact they'll last longer than most.

You're a gift! I hope that's true!

Reactions: Kame
Status
Not open for further replies.