Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys. Sorry for being late on the IC post. Finals week was this week and it killed me. Thursday was the first day I had to basically do nothing. So I slept until 8 at night. Then I woke up and oh lookey the steam winter sale is up >.>

So please forgive me for basically being late on the post because I was too busy playing video games. But this post is significant and its me experimenting with a lot of different concepts. Basically testing to see what works and what doesn't. Both on a technical and writing level. So lets get started to see what's going on here.

First off is the technical. I wanted to experiment with some minor dice rolling so I basically rolled a D20 to see what the reactions from the nobility would be to you. Now don't panic. In the future I should tell you when I'm actually going to roll a Die for certain things so that you can better prepare. This roll in the long term is basically meaningless and doesn't effect anything, so its a nice way for me to test something out and see how you all feel about it. These are the rolls I got for when the players introduced themselves

Sten Revna 19

Balton 10

Erin 9+3 (from potion using a d4 to roll for how much it added)

Jeanna 18

Selia 15

Nuit 13

Coby 18

Udolf 8+ 10 (from being Gyrus nobility)

Keevah 14

My idea was that if you rolled anything lower than a 15 they had trouble taking you seriously as a fighter/mercenary. And had trouble thinking you were up for the job. If you rolled lower than a ten you were basically seen as a complete joke.

Now I gave two Characters improvements to give them an edge. The first was Erin who drank that potion Balton gave her, it did other things like enhance her senses, but i also figured that her diluted pupils were done in an attempt to make her look "cuter" a la animuuuuu style. I rolled a D4 to see how much of an advantage she would get and she got a three. This is an example of another player buffing another character and it gave Erin the edge to not be a total laughing stock. It's an example of how teamwork is used to help things not suck as much.

Another example is an innate advantage which was given to Udolf. As a member of the very nobility the group is presenting themselves and its established within his bio that I accepted that he is a respected member of Gyrus high society so he should have a huge advantage in this regard. So I decided to give him a boost of ten extra points on his dice roll. Which is good because his actual roll was shit. So he moved from awful to a near "crit" simply because of his innate advantage.

Now like I said this roll is essentially meaningless and just me experimenting with how to apply writing to the rolls I choose to do. I understand that this can get pretty subjective on my part as GM and my interpretation of what a role means versus your interpretation can be pretty different. However my other options are to have all the nobles say "omg yu so awezome!!1! ^_^ " which is boring. Another option is to have everyone say "zomg ur gay D:< which is dumb. Another option is to arbitrarily decide who gets shit on and who gets standing ovations because i'm a passive aggressive faggot GM and I'm gonna punish you for derailing my fucking rp you little shits- we then go on a trip to sadland.

So I hope you liked the writing and am enjoying this little experiment I'm doing so far. The second half of something I'm trying out is in the latter portion of the post. With Jackal and Klemetti going at it. I tried to make it a bit funny and I hope you got something out of it instead of feeling like this was just some filler. I like to expand upon certain characters and write out scenarios in my head. Sometimes that doesn't involve the players 100% and in that regard my solutions are to either have the material I'm writing just be that enjoyable to read. Or to have the players involved or mentioned somehow so that they can get some reactions out of what is going on.

At 4500 words this puppy is fucking long. I hope it's all an enjoyable read and doesn't feel like filler slog. I tried my best to give everyone something to react to. Jackal and Klemetti argue over each of you individually, some longer than others. I hope I gave everyone enough stuff to write a post with. Soon I'll have the banquet end and we can transition to the Eastern Wild Lands.

Hope you enjoy the read. I'll have it all separated into spoilers so your brain doesn't hurt from a text wall. (though it's still a lot of text)

Ok @Slade I have seen thé dice, I shall now read thé post ^^

Um. I guess we are free to defend ourselves right?

Hey Guys. Sorry for being late on the IC post. Finals week was this week and it killed me. Thursday was the first day I had to basically do nothing. So I slept until 8 at night. Then I woke up and oh lookey the steam winter sale is up >.>

So please forgive me for basically being late on the post because I was too busy playing video games. But this post is significant and its me experimenting with a lot of different concepts. Basically testing to see what works and what doesn't. Both on a technical and writing level. So lets get started to see what's going on here.

First off is the technical. I wanted to experiment with some minor dice rolling so I basically rolled a D20 to see what the reactions from the nobility would be to you. Now don't panic. In the future I should tell you when I'm actually going to roll a Die for certain things so that you can better prepare. This roll in the long term is basically meaningless and doesn't effect anything, so its a nice way for me to test something out and see how you all feel about it. These are the rolls I got for when the players introduced themselves

Sten Revna 19

Balton 10

Erin 9+3 (from potion using a d4 to roll for how much it added)

Jeanna 18

Selia 15

Nuit 13

Coby 18

Udolf 8+ 10 (from being Gyrus nobility)

Keevah 14

My idea was that if you rolled anything lower than a 15 they had trouble taking you seriously as a fighter/mercenary. And had trouble thinking you were up for the job. If you rolled lower than a ten you were basically seen as a complete joke.

Now I gave two Characters improvements to give them an edge. The first was Erin who drank that potion Balton gave her, it did other things like enhance her senses, but i also figured that her diluted pupils were done in an attempt to make her look "cuter" a la animuuuuu style. I rolled a D4 to see how much of an advantage she would get and she got a three. This is an example of another player buffing another character and it gave Erin the edge to not be a total laughing stock. It's an example of how teamwork is used to help things not suck as much.

Another example is an innate advantage which was given to Udolf. As a member of the very nobility the group is presenting themselves and its established within his bio that I accepted that he is a respected member of Gyrus high society so he should have a huge advantage in this regard. So I decided to give him a boost of ten extra points on his dice roll. Which is good because his actual roll was shit. So he moved from awful to a near "crit" simply because of his innate advantage.

Now like I said this roll is essentially meaningless and just me experimenting with how to apply writing to the rolls I choose to do. I understand that this can get pretty subjective on my part as GM and my interpretation of what a role means versus your interpretation can be pretty different. However my other options are to have all the nobles say "omg yu so awezome!!1! ^_^ " which is boring. Another option is to have everyone say "zomg ur gay D:< which is dumb. Another option is to arbitrarily decide who gets shit on and who gets standing ovations because i'm a passive aggressive faggot GM and I'm gonna punish you for derailing my fucking rp you little shits- we then go on a trip to sadland.

So I hope you liked the writing and am enjoying this little experiment I'm doing so far. The second half of something I'm trying out is in the latter portion of the post. With Jackal and Klemetti going at it. I tried to make it a bit funny and I hope you got something out of it instead of feeling like this was just some filler. I like to expand upon certain characters and write out scenarios in my head. Sometimes that doesn't involve the players 100% and in that regard my solutions are to either have the material I'm writing just be that enjoyable to read. Or to have the players involved or mentioned somehow so that they can get some reactions out of what is going on.

At 4500 words this puppy is fucking long. I hope it's all an enjoyable read and doesn't feel like filler slog. I tried my best to give everyone something to react to. Jackal and Klemetti argue over each of you individually, some longer than others. I hope I gave everyone enough stuff to write a post with. Soon I'll have the banquet end and we can transition to the Eastern Wild Lands.

Hope you enjoy the read. I'll have it all separated into spoilers so your brain doesn't hurt from a text wall. (though it's still a lot of text)
The post was so glorious!

Plot Twist: Lysander rejects the entire group, and the roleplay is over!! xD

But yes, it was quite glorious. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, especially the cooking jibe at Selia.

There are no cues from thé GM, but as he posted this amount I see it as a chance to do what we are here for, RPing!
How will our chars react to these accusations slander and underestimation?

Lovely post btw @Slade a very interesting place, Gyrus. I love how none said thé words "pirate scum" xD

Reactions: Slade
Haahaha the funny thing is Nuit 100% doesn't care, the fucks he gives often is zero. He's like, "oh we're still here, in the court, I blacked out for a mere second thought it was over"

But he's also enjoying the argument, you don't think Nuit said he was a jester because he's stupid. He said it because he knew it rile people up. Its what he does. A deadly troll with lots of stabby stab sticks.

I should say this right now, on all of my active RPs. I am having some CPU problems. My computer been thermal throttling, so I have to keep things as cool as possible.

But there is a possibility the CPU might die as well, if I don't take some measures. I'll post on my phone if that does happen. As in I will make my IC post and OOC post on my CPU

• Useful
Reactions: Slade
Yeah, you can defend yourselves. Verbally at least :p Though you still should maintain a modicum of respect. They are nobility after all and the game is stacked in that regard

Hmmm first time using Dice in an RP so this will be interesting XD
Good thing i have some experience in DnD at least <3

Now then to go and read this post. *christmas preparations are killing me and of course Sweden has to celebrate Christmas eve* :3

Hmmm first time using Dice in an RP so this will be interesting XD
Good thing i have some experience in DnD at least <3

Now then to go and read this post. *christmas preparations are killing me and of course Sweden has to celebrate Christmas eve* :3
Ah sometimes it is so good to be a NEET atheist loner. You care about nothing at all but having fun and occasionally helping with yard work. Holidays and preparations for them are totally optional...

I Will pass on the defense post as it makes more sense for Erin to be silent in this situation :3
So you guys know

I'll likely have mine up sometime this week. Got some more holiday celebrations to take care of, plus extra hours at work.

I'll throw up a post some time or another. Renvar will also be silent, but I'll add some reasons in the post.

Hey guys, loving the warm reception to the post, especially since i was doing a lot of stuff that was new. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmases and are gonna enjoy your New Years!

I noticed that a few people haven't put up posts yet, That's fine as like @Silvir mentioned she wasn't gonna put up a post and thats cool. I also assume that the holidays have made some people a little busy lol.

Either way i'm gonna get an IC post up sometime next week. I'm aiming for Tuesday. After that post I'll either do one more post in the banquet to tie everything off or I might just do a timeskip to The Eastern Wild Lands. I'll let you guys know ahead of time.

Enjoy your Holidays! :D

Hey Guys, double post here. IC is up though! I think the next post is gonna be a combo of wrapping up the banquet followed by the Timeskip.

If you guys wanna do an last minute interaction with the NPC's or with each other before the journey begins. Let me know and i'll get some NPC response for your replies :3

Also i know this response is a little shorter but sometimes quality comes before quantity. At least I hope it's Quality ^^

Looking forward to your posts and moving onto the Eastern Wild Lands with everyone!

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
Hey Guys, double post here. IC is up though! I think the next post is gonna be a combo of wrapping up the banquet followed by the Timeskip.

If you guys wanna do an last minute interaction with the NPC's or with each other before the journey begins. Let me know and i'll get some NPC response for your replies :3

Also i know this response is a little shorter but sometimes quality comes before quantity. At least I hope it's Quality ^^

Looking forward to your posts and moving onto the Eastern Wild Lands with everyone!

Ooooo I want to respond to Lysander

Can I Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.