Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, its been a while so I wanted to give you an update!

The IC post is almost done, I'm finished with about 75% of it. I'll have it posted tomorrow. My apologies for the delays but I've been working long hours to save up money and usually on my days off i find myself too tired to really do anything noteworthy. But tomorrow I'll have the full thing up along with some updates on what's going on, looking forward to your posts in the future! :3

Reactions: Tempusst
OH SHIT SON! THE POST IS FINALLY FUCKING UP!

We are now in Segell City, and we have a lot of stuff to do, but first a few short announcements.

Zeke's status in the NPC section will soon be listed as dead. I will also be adding a new NPC, Thiago, Captain of Segell's Guard, as well under Ragabash's NPC tab. If you look through and the formatting is fucked up, be patient since I will be working on fixing it. Also I will have removed Dovaah's character Keevah from the cast of heroes and will put her in the NPC list like I did with Nuit, except she will still be listed as alive. Speaking of characters, this is the first official introduction of @Gat 's character Rewdad. He'll have the CS posted up at some point in the near future, so give him a warm welcome and all of that

So for Segell there are three main paths you can all choose to take, I recommend going in groups but it's fine if you're the odd one out who is going by themselves. The paths are the following:

Main Path: The Weaponshop- I won't have multiple characters going into different weapon shops, since it would just be extremely tedious with different owners regurgitating the same information essentially. So all who take this path will end up in the same place. I am 99.9% sure there will be no combat involved in this and will mainly be talking and investigation work. You can also use this time to buy a new weapon if you want (talk about it with me first and we can see if we can get you what you want...actually more on item buying later)

SidePath 1: The Fortune Teller- oh noes! there is a spoopy demon that is rumored to crawl around the seedy underbelly of Segell. True Story? Or is it all make believe?! Go visit a old fortune teller who lives next to the brothel. Maybe she'll even read your fortune or give a vague hint about your future, she did smoke magical herbs with elves afterall. Almost all of the Segell City section has little to no combat, but this Sidepath has the most potential for it.

Sidepath 2: Draco Cauda- Two Draco Cauda members are a long way from home and tracking a man who they can't seem to find. Who is the man? Why are they after him? They are also intimidating with the locals who don't take too kindly to foreigners with swords telling them what to do. Wanna see what's up?

I want to point out that none of the sidepaths are required, they are purely optional minor side content that I hope will play a larger role later in the RP if you choose to pursue. I suppose you all could just pile into a weaponshop.... though it might turn into a Monty Python skit. I suppose you could also just choose the sidepaths and just not even bother with the weaponshop...I'll make it work.

On the subject of buying stuff. We have a few characters who rely on potions/item/poisons/etc and Segell, being an extremely wealthy city has everything you need to restock and maybe buy even more of. The gold you have plus the bonus you got from the Minotaur is more than enough. You can also use this as an opportunity to buy a brand new item, but run through the details of it with me first please. The same rule applies with weapons if you really wish to purchase another one.

I also noticed a few characters mention they wanted to buy a scroll after seeing the one on Otto/Orthodir. Scrolls are incredibly powerful spells that can only be used once and are awfully expensive. If you really wish to buy one, let me know and give me the details of what kind of magic you want it to do and we'll move on from there.

"Can I buy a weapon, a scroll and restock all my items plus new items?"

No lol. That would be ridiculous. Generally I'll let all characters restock plus a new item/weapon. Maybe both if they're underpowered or it is under certain circumstances. If you're planning on buying a scroll, you cannot get a new weapon/item. You're gold reserves will be drained...I will let you restock....basically everyone has enough for a restock plus at least one thing...Remember that you may not have that privilege in other cities/towns so take advantage of it when you can.

Basically just give me your shopping list and I'll tell you what you can have and what you can't have. I'm gonna feel like a Dad at the grocery store.

I think I covered everything. Once again if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.

Last edited:
Hi folks, meet Rewdad

... and yes there is a clear influence :p

• Rewdad Chance
    Sex: Male
    Bio: Born at sea on the gun deck of a ship, Rewdad often claims the sea is in his blood. While the first few years of his life he was raised ashore he has been on various different pirate vessels since he was age 5, even trying a trader vessel for one trip when he was 12 before deciding the life of an honest merchant was not for him. A carefree life of going... mostly wherever he wanted, doing mostly whatever he chose, and always having ample coin when starting a night of carousing appealed to him much more. It didn't particularly bother him that he needed to get a little rough with people from time to time or even killing in self defence when a raided crew decided they didn't like the idea of slavery or ransom.

He claims to have learned the magic he uses from an old sea witch, who was taken by his rugged good looks, charming personality, and... heavy purse. Regardless of the origin of his magic training he and the crews he has served with since, found it to be immeasurably helpful to be able to take some spare planks and patch a hull breech with only a few minutes of time, or split the salt from seawater when water rations were low to provide drinking water. being able to 'seal' contraband inside seemingly solid objects on visits to Vulgo ports was a particular boon to the couple of smuggling captains he served with for a short time each.

Alas about a year ago his chosen life came to an abrupt end. The vessel he was serving on was struck by a calm that lasted for near two weeks. Much of the crew, Rewdad included, were sure the vessel had been struck with a foul curse for one reason or another, and while thanks to Rewdad they had no shortage of drinkable water, food rations were beginning to run low. In an effort to break the calm, Rewdad used what he knew of transmutation magic to try and affect a change in the weather. Not a lean feat for one stuck at sea with dwindling supplies, Rewdad took the better part of 2 days making his preparations, carving linked circles all over the ship and setting up small stockpiles of supplies to fuel the magic at key points.

The result was dramatic, if wholly unexpected. A few miscalculations in the design of the circles caused damage to the ship itself when the circles were triggered, and then, when a gust of wind blew by the ship a few moments later, the crew started to celebrate, despite the damage. What started as a gust however quickly kicked up into a storm of the kind ships usually tried to shelter from. With the damage from the spell impairing the vessels ability to sail in fine form, the storm ripped into the ship and she began taking water quickly.

In the chaos that followed, the vessel sank, torn in half at the apex of the storm, Rewdad having already been thrown from the deck by a high wave. Scrambling just to stay above water as the storm began to subside almost as quickly as it had started. As the sea calmed again and Rewdad found himself separated from any potential survivors, he did find a pice of the hull of the vessel bobbing lazily in the water nearby. Swimming to it as the only place he could potentially rest in sight, he discovered the ships cat, Mr Fluffywhiskers had also survived the storm and was clinging wet and miserable to the piece of the hull. Using the last of his reserves Rewdad carved a circle into the piece of hull and activated it to change the wrecked wood into a small canoe, large enough for himself and Fluffywhiskers, and after climbing aboard and drying the cat as best he could, fell sleep.

Weak from hunger it took near another four days for Rewdad to slowly get the little canoe in sight of land, where he and Mr Fluffywhiskers gave thanks and found themselves the nearest tavern where they could eat something.

Turned out the pair made landfall near Segell City, and since then Rewdad has been using his transmutation knowledge as something of a handyman around the city, mending things, helping to build fences or sure up an aging structure and has tried to stay clear of the docks. No doubt sure that should any of his previous shipmates to have survived as well, he would probably be a marked man among the pirate crews if he was discovered.

• Strengths - - + - - Weaknesses

• Transmutation Magic: Rewdad uses a particular form of magic to change one substance to another, occasionally this is more abstract than obvious to to most people, but behind it all is a different understanding of the world around them and its make-up. Functionally Rewdad uses magic circles to affect change, different circles having different purposes. While he can draw any number of circles with a little time, he keeps a pair of dice and a deck of cards with several ready made circles in them for quick use as well as a metal stave with a number of circles inscribed along its length.
    • Jack of Many Weapons, Master of None: The stave Rewdad carries has transmutation circles along its length that allows its wielder to change the form of the stave into several weapons, from a spear to a scimitar, a warhammer or a flail. It can also form a few non weapon objects such as chain and manacles or a prybar. While he is far from an expert with any of the forms the stave can take he is competent enough that he's able to at least hold his own when required to use them.
    • Rakeish Charm: Rewdad carries himself with a self assured confidence and generally merry attitude, mixing good natured jibes with genuine compliments that many people have a hard time ignoring. This has a tendency to set others more at ease and usually make them more inclined to listen to what Rewdad has to say. Possibly loosening their own lips in response or providing help in other manners.
    • Nautical Know-How: From knots to navigation, Rewdad has spent a large portion of his life on pirate vessels of Dunheim learning pretty much all there is to know about deep water sailing and the typical customs and traditions of the Dunheim pirate crews.
    • Unpredictability: Rewdad isn't one for keeping things routine. Actively using his dice in combat so that even he doesn't know exactly what will happen and switching up what form he makes his stave into sometimes in the middle of combat. If one approach isn't gaining ground he'll happily try a different tact rather than sticking to one that isn't showing results even if the other options might be risky or... unconventional.
    • Unpredictability: While able to throw off enemies, it also means allies have a hard time getting a read on Rewdads actions, making teamwork harder. Occasionally it also causes problems for Rewdad himself when his tendency to take risks backfire.
    • Easy Come, Easy Go: Rewdad isn't particularly frugal with coin, his or others. Life as a pirate meant that he could always get some more at a later time in the form of plunder and that he might not get to spend it should a raid go sour, so he has a habit of living large when in civilisation and not bothering to count expenses.
    • Once a Pirate: While he may not be sailing in raids in recent years Rewdad still has issues comprehending 'rightful' ownership, mainly in that if he can take it, its his.
    • Daddy's Little Bastard(s): There is a downside to living large with a rakeish charm when ashore, more than a few women end up getting knocked up. Rewdad doesn't really keep track of it but he suspects he has offspring in pretty much every port bar Zla Krew in Dunheim and most of the ports in the Eastern Vulgo ranging from as old as 13 and as young as newly born.
    • Pirate Superstitions: A red sunset is a good omen while a red sunrise is a mark of misfortune to come. The favour of a cat is good luck, while leaving a cat hungry or to ignore its wants brings bad luck. To kill a seabird is terrible luck as they carry the souls of dead sailors. The number 13 is to be avoided at all costs, whistling into the wind brings storms and bananas are demons fruit. Rewdad is highly superstitious, seeing good and bad omens in many things, and be damned the fools the\at shun such things.

• Metal Stave with a number of transmutation circles along its length
    • Deck of Cards – with pre-dwarn transmutation circles on them
    • Pair of Six Sided Dice, a different transmutation circle etched onto face. (the dice are the same, so only 6 circles between them.)
    • Sturdy Pair of Iron Soled Boots
    • Curved Dagger
    • Leather Vest and Iron Studded Leather Bracers.
    • Spyglass
    • Normal Dice and Playing Cards
    • Wineskin and Waterskin.
    • Pouch of Jerky
    • Tobacco Pouch and Pipe
    • Mr Fluffywiskers – pet cat.

I was planning on Jeanna restocking her stuff, repairing/replacing her shoulder guard and getting some quick acting stuff for healing. I need some info about the healing stuff. Are there items beside scrolls for that? Maybe potions or something?

Also this is Jeanna's homeland and she is Infamous here. Pretty much every side hired her during the wars and everyone that was part of a battle in Ragabash knows her, as well as most of those related to warfare (blacksmiths, armorers, people of political life...). She is less famous among the ordinary folk, but even there pretty much everyone heard a tale or two about her.

@Slade

Last edited:
sooo my alerts somehow got unalerted now see that there are a few posts..... which feels a bit awkward buuuut anyways anyone feel like collabing or something??

If anyone else wants to investigate the Draco Cauda, I'm up for a collab. What I just posted is more of a set up, leaving room for interactions. :D

• Love
Reactions: Silvir
If anyone else wants to investigate the Draco Cauda, I'm up for a collab. What I just posted is more of a set up, leaving room for interactions. :D
im up for this :3
Doing a quick catchup post myself as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be game for a Draco Cauda collab (for the obvious reason). :p

Feel free to PM me details.

Quick collaborated post with Temp is up, bringing Rewdad into the picture.

I was planning on Jeanna restocking her stuff, repairing/replacing her shoulder guard and getting some quick acting stuff for healing. I need some info about the healing stuff. Are there items beside scrolls for that? Maybe potions or something?

Also this is Jeanna's homeland and she is Infamous here. Pretty much every side hired her during the wars and everyone that was part of a battle in Ragabash knows her, as well as most of those related to warfare (blacksmiths, armorers, people of political life...). She is less famous among the ordinary folk, but even there pretty much everyone heard a tale or two about her.

@Slade

Potions, herbs and bandages are the primary way of healing, that and just letting time pass by. Everything you want to restock is fine.

Also sorry for the inactivity lately, been quite busy since i posted. I had one or two people pm me privately and i've recently responded to them.

I saw a few people say that they wanted to look into the Draco Cauda story, for those that are interested and want to start that up, head to the center of the city where the Captain of the city resides, and i'll initiate a scene there for all of you :D

Henry's gonna get in on that Draco Cauda story cause fuck no he doesn't like the sound of a demon.

Sooo are we doing a collab post for this. Shall we split up doing two by two or all four togheter??

well you guys can do this however you want, but to me i would think that doing everything in one big post would bog everything down significantly. You guys could all co-ordinate some small collabs, maybe two posts? one for each collab. And then i'll set up a big post that'll include responses to everyone. That's how i generally like to do things, but if the majority of you have something else in mind or wanna shoot me a pm for a collab (or wanna attempt a big collab) that's fine by me. You're free to approach this however you want as long as you're willing to follow through on it :)

I think it would be easier to do two smaller collabs and then one giant response post from Slade. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.