• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome :3 that must've sucked.

Ever notice how the exorcist theme and Death Note theme sound the same?

I'm working on my 1x1 post with you know, planned on already having it done...but oh well!

That's cool :3 I am patient! Plus unexpected stuff happens lol. I was out for like 6 hours unexpectedly :o

OMG My net is back! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! My ISP decided I didn't need internet for like 4 hours -.-

@Victor Markov There is one thing missing from the bio that can be found under the Roleplays rules on the first post. Also, the abilities say a lot Ichigo, I'd like to see something that says Victor more, if you don't have ideas I can suggest the simple addition of the ability to use the same kind of power with a blade but doing so unarmed, which would have a lot of implications for the fighting style. Get those two things in there and then I can approve it.
Done.

May I have some help with Sorin?

Victor is accepted and posted on page 1.

Some things I want to say now, Sorin may be an esper but the age section entails how long the character has been alive, his body will indeed be ageless, but every Esper is crafted (by other espers), how long since he was crafted? That will be the age. Other than that, what exactly would you need help with?

@Squee, basically the height of the armor, personality, true age and remainder of the history. I basically have thre last paragraph for the history. Would you say 8-9 feet tall? How "old" is the oldest esper? Should Sorin be more laid back and cautious or bold and headstrong?

Like I said, I never made an soul/spirit based character. ^.^'

Personality is entirely up to you, personally I would make the personality reflect his ability of being an actual weapon. The oldest Esper in Rothendust is probably Var at age138, but the oldest Esper ever recorded? Something like 500 years old. The height depends solely on how he was crafted, but if he is going to act as a weapon with his body I wouldn't go over 7 feet tall for the sake of proportions. I guess technically you could have shadow of the colossus sized Espers, but as GM I will be saying HELL NO to that! Lol

For Espers the history is a lot easier to fill with useful fluff, for example when Espers are crafted and awakened they are conscious from that moment on. An Esper remembers its whole life unlike us organic creatures whose brains need to finish developing after we're born. Var was crafted by a traveling Esper clan, but within Rothendusts walls are Espers that can create other Espers, so was Sorin crafted in an Esper "family" or was he created for the purpose of being a weapon? The Town Patrol captain was an Esper created just for the job, it's actually not rare for that to be the case. The people of Rothendust have a habit of relying on Espers for a lot of labor since Espers don't get tired (though there are limits to their strength). Many people portray Espers as wise creatures, but that's not true, it's a positive racial stereotype, but a stereotype regardless.

I just had a minor/major twist of fate idea. Sorin could be Vincent Wolvesbane! As a way to redeem himself, Vincent was turned into an esper, changed his name and pledged himself to Victor since he betrayed Victor and the rebels.

Espers are their own souls, not the souls of other people though.

Not even reincarnation? Oh well. Thought that would be a nice little twist.

Reincarnation has narrative problems. In this RP the constant threat of death is meant to be very apparent and very strong, if characters can be reincarnated as an Esper it defeats the purpose.

Point taken. I'll think of some other solid metaphorical tether he has to Victor

Morning People!

Or rather, Afternoon :3

Yay Life :D

Question, who's the guy in your avvy?

Oh, my avatar? He's actually no one in particular. He's a drawing that someone did on deviant art. He's supposed to be a diclonius (a race of mutants that are distinguishable by two horns on their heads, and are always female). And because I love Elfen Lied (a gory little anime that has the diclonius in it), I want a diclonius as my profile picture on most sites. But all diclonius are female. So, I use this picture because it's one of the few depictions of a male diclonius.

Reactions: Naberius
I just had to pop in and say Elfen Lied is one of my favroite animes/mangas (manga was better in my opinion). The ending made me cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.