• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new mouse today and the scroll wheel doesn't work, lovely!

o.o That kinda sucks. My scroll wheel is pretty meh, I've just given up on it.

Can you return it?

I should be able to, but it's pretty late now and I'm not going back out. Will have to go out again tomorrow.

Good Luck! Mine's actually my husband's :P took it when my other one died. I think I'm just going to buy a new one from the dollar store. 3 bucks, work fine, and pretty darn cute XD

Went back to my old one because it works fine, it's just old and sometimes cuts out it's power until I smack it a bit. Even so, at least everything on it works xD

I tried smacking my other one but sigh it used up 10 batteries in like less that three months x.x I don't think it's worth it lol.

I'm just gonna buy this baby XD
67m81d.jpg

Mine must be wireless. My desk requires it xD I built it and I'm not exactly an engineer.

I wouldn't mind any mouse at the moment. I just hate the current one, it doesn't like my mouse pad lol.

Screw mouses, touchscreen laptops are the best.

Nuuu o.o I'm old school. I need my mousie :P

Plus need a mouse for les games xD

I'm usually on a laptop or mobile, but I do have a mouse. It's wireless, though I don't use it that much so I don't really care. Most PC games I still play with a touchscreen, stuff like Minecraft I just use the screen.

Hmmm I don't really dig touchscreens as a whole to be honest. On mobile yeah but on a laptop o.o it feels wrong XD I hate my husband's tablet for that reason lol. Look like a netbook but really isn't!

I'm just sort of natural with touch screens, I can type faster on a tablet than I can on a computer. Or I might just be really bad with old school computers. Well, that the new generation.
I'm actually really old school when it comes to gaming consoles (still has a GameCube), but computers feels more good when they're really modern and sic-fi-ish for me.

Last edited:
I am a disaster with typing on touch screen lol xD I need my keyboard.

Man I still remember when I got my first ever computer, I think I was 17. It would be considered so clunky right now xD but I loved that baby.

Us old farts get the shaft, many new operating systems are designed for touchscreen interfaces. With Microsoft stating on record that they do not wish to support windows 7 much longer after Windows 10 is released anyone that doesn't use a touchscreen gets boned because there will no longer be a PC OS that is centered on desktop mouse&keyboard interface. Yes, mouse&keyboard will work on them just fine, but it won't feel as smooth and gentle of a glide as the current mouse&keyboard interfaces. I'd pay good money for a new OS that had an interface centered around my needs but we aren't going to get one at this rate.

Not to mention they're trying harder and harder to hide the ugly complex computer stuff to appeal more to the casual user, which I hate. I like my PC options, adjustments, and hardware access to be right there in my face, I'm a gamer so I often find myself further optimizing my system, but microsoft is making that harder and harder to do. I'm very unsure of weather I should get the windows 10 upgrade asap or wait because for gamers it's going to be clunky and hard to adjust to.

^ That is depressing x.x

Honestly I don't know much about hardware but I loved the thrill of going to the store and buying new things for my desktop, this is back in like 2010 lol. Haven't had a desktop since 2013, which is kinda sad.

The PC market for PC gaming has been nothing but good for our hardware, and up until windows 8, software, too. Windows XP was a step up for gamers, windows 7 an even bigger step up, but as PCs became common in households and peoples understanding of them did not change they were forced to go simpler and simpler, now it's been simplified the only way they can do it; hiding the ugly complex stuff. The problem with this is the complex stuff that people who understand use regularly is now hidden and out of place, making adjustments harder and harder to make. Gamers will soon lose their "Gaming OS" and have to settle for "That lousy OS in everyone home that I have to cram games onto and hope they work nicely with my current settings." Which is disgustingly bad for PC gamers. Of course, Microsoft does not care because the less appealing PC gaming is the more of their gaming consoles they can sell, effectively selling a simple PC for a couple hundred dollars AND an xBoxOne for anyone that wants to play games, so it looks like a bleak future for PC gamers if there even is a future at all.

Of course, Microsoft does not care because the less appealing PC gaming is the more of their gaming consoles they can sell, effectively selling a simple PC for a couple hundred dollars AND an xBoxOne for anyone that wants to play games, so it looks like a bleak future for PC gamers if there even is a future at all.
Yes! This is exactly why I rant about it to my friends. Unfortunately they all have consoles a plenty so don't really take it too seriously.

Lol, my hate for consoles mostly started though when I realized I would need to buy an Xbox if I wished to play Fable 2.

True, with all the new console stuff they have PC gaming is dropping. I almost always been a console gamer since I grew up with Nintendo stuff, so I don't really do much PC gaming. I'm not sure but this simpler and simpler thing is a trend that's been going for awhile. I think before they were all about the realism/cool looking stuff and then poof everything needs to go simple.
I never been a big digger for most games, I stick to the Nintendo things, it's the nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.