• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
rubs my eyes- then what did he do with it?

He never had it.

Then half of my contributions are invalid.

*peeks in* How about we have a plot twist? You know if we're gonna take down a tyrant there are going to be failures along the way right?

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Because the operation is on the basis that he has the White Diamond.

Explain, Breeze.

Then half of my contributions are invalid.
In fairness you did hijack my narrators role of being the one who summoned all the diamond wielders, as well, which was posted in the first section of post one of the IC and I allowed that.
Because the operation is on the basis that he has the White Diamond.
See, when I wrote it the operation was based on the fact that he is a tyrant that treats the people below him like dirt and will kill and/or rape anyone he wants to because his power is uncontested. Someone doesn't need to have a MacGuffin device for there to be a reason to take him down. Some people are just assholes with way more power than they should have. Giving him the diamond and some special ability to talk to the monsters ruins the symbolism of him being just another man.

Fair enough. I'll come up with something for what really happened with the White Diamond, perhaps something outside of Rothendust.

So in the latest post my character Lensue, and @Greenie 's character Ashfa are checking out the documents in the library. They have a different background than Hervekiir, so it's natural they have a different way of interpreting the information. They could possibly point out something odd about the information and create another theory about the diamonds.

Or they could keep on going with the assumption that Roth has the diamond, but in the future finds out that it was only an assumption and not a fact. That might take up tons of time though, judging by the speed we're at.

That solves the issue. The White Diamond could rear its ugly head in the next chapter I suppose.

Not chapter but story or whatever. I'm too tired for this.

Does there have to be a white diamond at all? I mean, I see no significance to colors to be honest. They are just wavelengths the eye perceives and none should be more special than the other. It would make narrative sense if the crew assumed Roth did have it as an explanation to his powers. Basically, I'm willing to work with you in the lore of pretty much anything except the monsters aspect, they are now and will never be more than beasts that cannot be spoken to nor speak to eachother.

The diamonds can still be philosopher stone fragments. Formerly they were capsules for the souls of ancient warriors, but I never explained that and philosopher stones make just as much sense, but also they could be one in the same anyway. Fullmetal Alchemist style.

Perhaps a subplot, then, where someone attempts to steal their Diamonds and make the Philosopher's Stone? We could use the underground tunnels for that and just introduce any remaining diamonds there.

I do find it funny how many blue diamonds there are.

Subplots are good. Remember we already have a dragoon squad ready to be brought in next chapter. Still no killing the captain and vice captain though!

Yes. I'll just come up with something and say only a complete Philosopher's Stone can be broken into Diamonds.

Blue diamonds just reminded me of this one thing. Kyo and Lensue are both 13, being the youngest characters we have, and Kyo has a cobalt diamond while Lensue has a dark blue one.

I don't know if there is suppose to be a relation for this, but it could be a plot point? Maybe?

Sure, it could be interesting

Yes. I'll just come up with something and say only a complete Philosopher's Stone can be broken into Diamonds.
That works. Remember, you can make NPCs of your own as well and I will put a link to them in the character roster under the important NPC section. Important NPCs mean you have the final say but others are still free to use them. So if you don't like or don't want to use the dragoon squad, you can make new characters. The bios can be made very brief, like what I did.
Blue diamonds just reminded me of this one thing. Kyo and Lensue are both 13, being the youngest characters we have, and Kyo has a cobalt diamond while Lensue has a dark blue one.

I don't know if there is suppose to be a relation for this, but it could be a plot point? Maybe?
Cobalt is beautiful.

I have added a rule that will make things easier in the future.
Creative liberties are welcome but anything dramatic enough to change the world or important NPCs must be discussed with me

Reactions: Zarrock and Greenie
Good day all

Status
Not open for further replies.