Status
Not open for further replies.
13 hour shift o_o that is scary. I've had them with teaching kids. My brain was juice by the end XD

lol Zarrock XD Pompoms? Really? XD

Yes! Pom poms! Got a problem? *snaps fingers in a Z formation and strikes a sassy pose*

Absolutely not!! *sits down with popcorn to watch*

*breaks out the pom poms again* Squee can do it, yes he can! If he can't do it, no one can!
It's just not the same without the skirt...

I was totally imagining him with a skirt!

Okay I'll be honest, it was Cojack I was seeing XD

Reactions: Zarrock
COJACK IN A SKIRT WITH POM POMS, OH MY GOD GREENIE!!!

Great. Now I feel the need to photoshop that when I get home. Oh well. It'll be funny.

And next time I'll remember the skirt, just for you @Squee ;)

Teehee XD So glad to be a source of inspiration @Zarrock

And next time I'll remember the skirt, just for you @Squee ;)
Ace-Ventura.jpg

• Love
*siings*

Ooooh I think that I found myself a cheerleader ;P

So...I'm bored.

Would anyone be interested in a brief spinoff where we have to fight an Eldritch Abomination? If so, maybe I will make one...After the Alpha is taken care of, of course.

Espers: Extended Lore

In case you were interested. Also posting this on post 1 under race description, will probably do the other races as well.

Squee updated The City of Rothendust: A Rebellion with a new update entry:

Invitations & Extended Lore

So uh...This roleplay is not technically closed but we are up to 10 active members and that means I'm reaching my limit of what I can manage. I do not wish to go over 12 active members, but that means there is room for 2 more. If you want to invite someone then feel free to but I am only accepting 2 more players. Alternatively if you are reading this as someone who wants to join you can message me with details and stuff and I may invite you to join if you show me you can do well in here and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Q4ThH.png
Name: Tai
Race: Doppelgänger
Diamond Color: Pink
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/xFWxeUO.png
Height: 5'0"- 5'6"
Weight: 155
Eyes: Usually Hazel, changeable
Hair: Usually Platinum Blonde, changeable
Skin: Usually Pale, changeable
Personality: As a Doppelgänger remnant, Tai seeks to rediscover the world, and only currently has racial memory and snippets of before her 'murder' to go on. As such, she's at once very curious and almost painfully shy. She is also selfless, altruistic and has a keen sense of loyalty to those who get past her shyness to call her friend.

Hidden behind this all, however, is a ghost of what she was before - a confident spy, warrior and sometimes assassin. Tai seeks to suppress this as she believes her previous devious ways led to her near death. She will always argue in favor of nonviolence but will fight fiercely if there is no other option.

Tai often refers to herself as 'this one' or in third person rather than using the personal pronoun, but she can change this pattern for a cover.

Magic: Because she is a Doppelgänger, she can change her body to look like anyone of roughly her size. She's a remnant though, and thus smaller, so she could only mimic beings between five and five and a half feet, roughly. She also has photographic- if temporary - reflexes. Any feat of athletics or combat she witnesses, she will be able to repeat nearly immediately, but unless she continues to train and practice any such maneuvers, the ability to do them fades away in a matter of days or even hours in the case of more complex things. She can also 'bulk up' and become unnaturally strong for one so small, but no stronger than an especially strong human.
Skills: Body language, mimicry, ventriloquism, basic melee and hand to hand skills, psychology, diplomacy, fast-talk, observation, stealth, shadowing, sleight of hand, pickpocketing, lockpicking, climbing/freerunning. In her time since reawakening after her near death, she's masqueraded as a mere street urchin and has picked up all of the talents of one and then some. It's likely her more thief-like and con-artist skills are a hangover from before her 'murder'.
History:

The thrust of what happened was the Doppelgänger was damaged so badly only a pool of ooze remained, apparently lifeless. Part of it oozed off as a self-preservation method, leaving the Doppelgänger "dead".

She started with very little knowledge and began as a literal homeless street urchin at first. As she learned things, she became more and more capable, but I still don't see her having a permanent place to call a home, more like which hotel or empty building she's staying in this week. Consequently, she'd be knowledgeable with the back alleys and shortcuts and the seedy underground of the city, and the underground passageways.

Tai's sure that she had some greater purpose before the attack that nearly killed her, but is quite unsure what that would be. Now, she seeks to find out why she was attacked, not to seek revenge, but to understand what kind of person she used to be.

Tai is very sensitive to the needs of the many and justice and if there is one thing that would get her to fight, it would be injustice meted out on a massive scale - of course that is the case in Rothendust. As of her new birth, she has only been 'Tai' for just over a year, barely enough time for her even with her prodigious learning ability to become competent at her skill set.

But what can a nearly murdered lone Doppelgänger accomplish? She didn't think much until she was offered that diamond...

A lot like the Changelings of Star Trek canon. She is essentially a liquid being, able to increase surface tension strength and simulate bone and muscle. As such, they have no vitals. It is unclear if the first Doppelgängers were naturally occurring or a creation of some magical alteration. They reproduce by merging with one or more other of their race, each imparting part of their mass and memories to the new being.

They have to absorb nutrients, which they can do by eating and drinking in human form or by simply absorbing matter in their 'resting' form which is basically amoebic, and would be done in a body of water, absorbing plant and insect life. That takes quite a bit longer and is rarely done unless they really need to hide. Breathing, however, is mainly for show and to be able to speak.

Of course they are often found as spies and assassins, but they have no special predilection towards these vocations, it's simply what they're best at. Their personalities are as varied as humans, but they find little common ground with most races. They are forever the outsider looking in on races they can mimic but never fully understand.

Left unmolested, a Doppelgänger will live about a century, though due to their nature they often die sooner.

To kill a Doppelgänger isn't hard, if you know how. Dissipate enough of their mass, erode it with acid, or boil it away with enough flame and heat, and they die no harder than most other races. But they are unperturbed by most conventional weapons solids would find intimidating, slashing and piercing weapons are no more than annoyances to them, and all but the largest of greatclubs or mauls has any chance of splashing enough of their mass away from itself to cause it not to be able to pull back together.

Doppelgängers are rare - and of course by their very nature, hard to spot. But to the last they are always curious and always wanting to acquire new knowledge, for themselves and to pass down to their progeny.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
@Cresion Breezes - Haven't seen you in a bit so just making sure all's well! I'm suspecting it's school o.o

edit- Oh wait *facepalm* I remember you mentioning Exams. Best of luck in them! :D

Actually, I'm having a pretty bad case of pneumonia, sick and cold and writing report and it's 4 AM.

Actually, I'm having a pretty bad case of pneumonia, sick and cold and writing report and it's 4 AM.
Awwh man! *hugs* Sorry you're not feeling well! Hope you feel better really soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.