3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Space Fantasy, Magical
Du2LGeV.png

xVMRfhu.jpg

For whatever reason that brings you here, thirst for adventure, lust for power, or even just an innocent wish to make the world a better place. You find yourself in a marketplace of a bustling port city. Your gaze travels upwards at all the mighty airships soaring through the skies, leaving white trails as the distinctive sounds of Magitek Engines hum from the beasts' belly.

You are not expecting much from this city: maybe some local jobs, a way to earn some decent money until you move on or maybe an opportunity to finally settle down. Now you can not believe that you could have been so fortunate. To some, it would be foolish to fawn over a simple recruitment paper. To you, it is like your dream come true, because it proclaims the following:
---<=====>---
"The Lughanta Company Needs YOU!"

6LVCWwt.jpg

Greetings future crewmates,

Are you an able-bodied individual?
Do you have the soul of an adventurer?
Are you someone who prefer to get things done?

Then look no further than the Lughanta Company!

We are a reputable mercenary group who have been operating for 5 years. The best in the business, we tackle on jobs no other companies can! Our achievements are many, our rivals none.

Might you have heard about the famous crimson airship surrounded by a ring of flames? That's us!​

4vyRDxr.jpg

Beautiful, isn't she? Brave men and women make their home here. She can be yours too if you join us... TODAY! Just go to the nearest Guild Branch Office and pitch in your application, we will contact you should we find you promising ASAP.​

With deep regards,
Agatha Nightingale
Captain of the Lughanta
---<=====>---​

Nightingale... yes, you recognize the family name. One of the prominent Patrician Families of Venesia. If there are any doubts in your mind regarding monetary compensation, they are now gone.

You stand in awe of the opportunity. Maybe you will be even amongst those who get accepted into the crew.

Links:
Hope to see your character soon! If you have any questions, just fire away!

Last edited:
Saying she has the speed of a swallow(For reference that is like 50 km/h), while carrying that super heavy staff around, thanks to her Infernal heritage, kind of implies your 'average Infernal' is 'just a tad weaker'... I am not sure if that power-level for the RP is intended. I am pretty sure it is not.

So is it better to say something along the lines of 'faster than an average Infernal' for a better speed scale, i.e. compare her speed to an average Infernal?

Also I kind of asked the stuff about her pillar/staff because I wanted you to explain a bit more to me about said weapon instead of just deleting it. I have a hard time getting a read on what your imagination about the Staff's power is. So please explain? Her flying-hover-cloud is totally fine.

Alrightos. I'll place the explanation here after I get to my workplace.

@Skyswimsky Brain damage can be used as an explanation for some unusual actions. So that's a reason for burning the Staff. For now, I don't really know the extent of Fay's brain damage, but it's not going to be too harsh on her character. She'll be a functioning human being with hiccups along the way.

The protection spell imbued in the staff by magitek allows the wielder to disperse a bubble around their person. Think of a barrier that negates all attacks around the user. Unfortunately, Fay broke the staff into two pieces as firewood, and since the staff isn't connected, it no longer functions correctly. Unless Magitek burns, the staff only looks burnt due to the wooden portion being blackened. If that doesn't work, let me know how to fix it.

@Skyswimsky

As for the feats of the weapon, it is able to stretch to about 300 metres. Seeing that a human can sprint a hundred metres in 15 seconds, I'm thinking that it'll be able to stretch from its usual 2-metre length to its maximum 300 metre length in 10 seconds.

Its diameter(or as I referred it to in the app, 'girth') can reach to about a single metre.

Apart from being used as a pole, its diameter can be made greater while its length made thin, making it resemble a disc that can be used as a physical shield, or thrown like a frisbee with enough exerted strength.

The previous owner of the Ruyi Jingu Bang had inserted a small fraction of his soul into it, allowing it to 'gain semi-sentience', or simply put - limitedly move with a mind of its own for short bursts of time. For instance, Wukong may throw it as a ranged weapon, mostly when using it as a frisbee as stated above, and this trait will allow it to keep afloat and return to Wukong like a boomerang.

Oh, and 'weapon of mass destruction' was a slight exaggeration, so I removed that part.

Oh right, Izu and I discussed the shapeshifting aspect of Wukong. He said it was too broken, so I ditched it altogether and replaced it with heat resistance. I was planning to mainly use it for scouting out others via flight, but I already have a hoverboard.

@Assallya

Ohooo, our first rogue-ish CS. :3 This gun' be good~

What I note:
  • Birthplace: Though you can keep it a secret in the profile, you have to tell me where she was truly born for plotting purposes. Just PM me.
  • Personality: A little nitpick, you mean "surprisingly defending them to the death" right?
  • Bio: Same thing, you have to tell me the truth for plotting purposes. Just PM m-... I'm being redundant. D:
  • Skills & Talents: "Acrobatics" should be in Talents (cause it isn't exclusively for combat and aren't related to Magic/Magitek)
  • "Using the Chaos element..." can be replaced to "Elemental Expertise: Chaos (Soul Shards)"
  • "Reading Body Language" into "Profiling"
  • Magitek Items: Suggestion, giving these items cool names should be good. A damn cool cloak needs a damn cool name to go with it.
  • Magical Limitations: It's good, but I have to note that this won't prevent someone, an Archangel for example, to overpower her shards' curse and heal/revive a person from near death. Her curse is strong, but it has its limits. However, character development is a thing (sometimes people forget about that, oddly enough).

An Armer who's a Rothmer in all but name. Nyx and Helen should join the Wannabe club. >:D

@Click This

I wonder if her brewery has some... 'special' recipes... >:)

What I note:
  • Bio: Just confirming, you used 'daughter' in a 'descendant' sense, not literally a daughter, right? Cause Elizabeth lived a long time ago yoooo and lifespan difference between races in Skyward Miracles are quite close. For example, an Elf will have around 40-50 extra years compared to a human. The only biologically immortal race is the Celestial (and they are managed quite strictly by Sol). Everything else is good!
  • Skills & Talents: XD I'm not sure if "Royally fucking shit up" and "Being nosy" are actual entries (cause they are basically the Espionage and Subterfuge anyway), but if you wanna keep them as flavor texts, sure~
  • A suggestion, you can put in the blurb about her being a 'Nosferatu' instead of a common vampire in the Talents section. She's noticeably stronger, faster, and only weakened by sunlight (instead of burned) compared to her 'plebeian' Kindred.
  • Magitek Items: Pretty simple, I see, well, sometimes, the simple things are the best.

Charlie~ Uhm, I mean, Charlotte ojou-sama.

Also, here is the 'human' version of Charlotte.

OUHYlHk.jpg

c8uj4P6.jpg

Ask her and you may receive~

With the Bio and skills, fair enough; I'll put in the nosferatu stuff into the talent section.

The magitek items don't have any fancy abilities, but they're quality, solid-built weapons.

Thanks for the edits, I'll put that right in.

Reactions: Izurich
You seem to have enough people judging by the interest check, but I'll be keeping an eye on this when it launches.

Heeeey, I will be accepting characters tomorrow and then work on the IC. Sign Ups is closed, I will not be accepting purely new applicants. Only those who have reserved or are currently working on the CS, but then got caught up in the dreaded IRL.

However, I assume you want to reserve a spot? Sure.

@Skyswimsky Brain damage can be used as an explanation for some unusual actions. So that's a reason for burning the Staff. For now, I don't really know the extent of Fay's brain damage, but it's not going to be too harsh on her character. She'll be a functioning human being with hiccups along the way.

The protection spell imbued in the staff by magitek allows the wielder to disperse a bubble around their person. Think of a barrier that negates all attacks around the user. Unfortunately, Fay broke the staff into two pieces as firewood, and since the staff isn't connected, it no longer functions correctly. Unless Magitek burns, the staff only looks burnt due to the wooden portion being blackened. If that doesn't work, let me know how to fix it.

Hahahahaha! XD Everything you said is good. Poor Fay... her 'luck' is just too much of a blessing.

@Skyswimsky

As for the feats of the weapon, it is able to stretch to about 300 metres. Seeing that a human can sprint a hundred metres in 15 seconds, I'm thinking that it'll be able to stretch from its usual 2-metre length to its maximum 300 metre length in 10 seconds.

Its diameter(or as I referred it to in the app, 'girth') can reach to about a single metre.

Apart from being used as a pole, its diameter can be made greater while its length made thin, making it resemble a disc that can be used as a physical shield, or thrown like a frisbee with enough exerted strength.

The previous owner of the Ruyi Jingu Bang had inserted a small fraction of his soul into it, allowing it to 'gain semi-sentience', or simply put - limitedly move with a mind of its own for short bursts of time. For instance, Wukong may throw it as a ranged weapon, mostly when using it as a frisbee as stated above, and this trait will allow it to keep afloat and return to Wukong like a boomerang.

Oh, and 'weapon of mass destruction' was a slight exaggeration, so I removed that part.

Oh right, Izu and I discussed the shapeshifting aspect of Wukong. He said it was too broken, so I ditched it altogether and replaced it with heat resistance. I was planning to mainly use it for scouting out others via flight, but I already have a hoverboard.

I say aside from the length, everything else is good. The length is too much. 10 metres should be max. 1 second, gains 1 meter up to 10 metres in 10 seconds.

Note: This doesn't mean Bang is invincible, it can still break (and must be fixed) if Wukong used it as a shield too much, like trying to block am Airship Rune Cannon.

Reminder!

I will be accepting characters and work on the Character Index and IC thread tomorrow. Finalize your PCs before then.

Posting rounds will be weekly (for GM post at least, you guys can post more if you want) and with this big of a group, it will be strict, meaning each week, I will post and move on from those who lags. You are still very much welcome to catch up of course.

Also, Join our Discord Server (link in the first page). Seriously, most of the OOC activities are there. You can have fun, share stuffs, and most importantly, ask questions and get answers much quicker.

I say aside from the length, everything else is good. The length is too much. 10 metres should be max. 1 second, gains 1 meter up to 10 metres in 10 seconds.

Note: This doesn't mean Bang is invincible, it can still break (and must be fixed) if Wukong used it as a shield too much, like trying to block am Airship Rune Cannon

Alrightos, 10 metres it shall be.

Or trying to block an Ork Rok that's coming out of the sky to punch the planet right in the face. Ah Warhammer Orks, I love those crazy hooligans.

Hmm I'll try making something tomorrow then.

@RedArmyShogun If you want to join in, do it now, because the option to sign up will be closed the moment the rp starts. Which will be tomorrow by the way.

u4sZEbQ.png

"Yes yes. I know. I'm incredible~"​
Name: Magiranika Ruu Meevin. Or Marumei for short
Race: Lilim
Birthplace: Armerium Council

Bio: Which version would you like to hear? The one where she is the promised child that was born for the sole purpose to entertain the whole world one day? Or the one where she was born as nothing but a humble girl in a big city, and found her destiny after a circus performed in her hometown? Or how about the one where her master planned to abuse her, yet she found a way to overtake their body and enjoy her newfound freedom to the fullest? In short, no one knows. Whenever Marumei is asked about it, she makes up one story after another.

What is known about her reputation as adventurer and entertainer. Both of which come from how she presents herself though, rather than a notable success rate. Wherever she appears, things turn into a whimsical wonderland with sparkles and fireworks. Yet it's not always just show. Some towns currently spread the story that a hard to miss Lilim provided needed medicine, as well as feral crowd control to them.

However. As it turned out, Marumei was imprisoned as she and the son of a noble had... a couple differences. Imprisoned, she was already working on freeing herself, but it turned out that someone else was roaming the prison. With her charms, she talked that person into freeing her, and after a pleasant little chat, she decided to join that person, and soon enough found herself joining the Lughanta Company in the process.

Skills:
  • Spell combat using Performance, Fire, Telekinetic, and Healing spells.
  • Remotely controlling her Guardian Cards
  • Herbalism

Talents:
  • Storytelling
  • Deception
  • Instrument Performance: Violin and Flute

Magitek Items:
  • Guardian Cards
    Marumei's close to mid range weapons are her Guardian Cards. She enslaved rogue familiars using magic from before the time of erchius discovery, making her previously plain paper become deadly weapons. When it's quiet, some can hear the familiars begging for the comfort of their former partners.
    ...That's a lie. They are actually made from Erchius infused paper. These cards can fly, stretch and widen at a moments notice, allowing Marumei to use them to flatten her foes, slice them apart, use the cards as shields, or quickly set up spellcircles. Their overall hardness level varies from wood to iron depending on the card, and Marumey can control up to 6 cards at the same time.
  • Sealed Books (not to be confused with Grimoires)
    On her waist, she carries 6 books. On her left back is her spell encyclopedia, on her left front is the heavy book she uses for flower pressings. On her right back is a book made of oil blotting paper, and on her right front is a super pop up book that is said to open with the storm of a raging river. On her back is a portal book that links her to the postal office (but she doesn't allow anyone to use it), and at her front is actual, knowledge infused layer cake, which makes one smarter the bigger the bite is.
    ...All of those are lies. In truth, these books are linked to her and allow her to remote cast spells thus increase her arcane damage output by a factor of 6 should all 6 books be used at the same time. This is very taxing however and meant as an emergency plan or final attack.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Skyswimsky
@Lusterless Nova

Hurray~ more Lilims! : D

What I note:
  • Bio: You still have to PM me the real version of her Bio for plotting purposes. Otherwise, just word "SFX Magic" as "Performance Magic Show" instead as the former doesn't sound right.
  • Skills & Talents: "SFX magic" to "Performance Magic" same. Also, Magnetism means attracting Metal objects, I assume
  • "Lying" into "Deception"
  • "Violet and Flute playing" into "Instrument Performance: Violet and Flute"
  • Magitek Items: By Luna, those are Overpow-... oooh, well played, Witch, well played. They are good~
So this means Aster is now my NPC. Mwahahahahaha!!

Marumei x Helen Yuri coming soon? :3

All changes done. And sure. He can be a good sparring partner.
Also, for those wondering what the hell Performance magic is. It's basically adding fancy effects to everything. Little sparkles as she moves her hands, fireworks as a fire spell explodes, or creating astral bunnies as she tells a story not meant for young ears. All of those have low cost, but zero damage. So yeah. Just special effects to turn whatever she partakes in into a little whimsical wonderland.

As long as her back portal remains unused, I'm up for anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izurich
@RedArmyShogun If you want to join in, do it now, because the option to sign up will be closed the moment the rp starts. Which will be tomorrow by the way.
In a different time zone from you, today by your time is still ongoing as tomorrow for me. It should be done within the next 12 hours.

Would also like to reserve a Sign up option for @EmperorsChosen, if either of us miss the deadline, it is what it is.

Last edited:
In a different time zone from you, today by your time is still ongoing as tomorrow for me. It should be done within the next 12 hours.

Would also like to reserve a Sign up option for @EmperorsChosen, if either of us miss the deadline, it is what it is.
Okay~

and he's the Emperor's Chosen! He should be telling this myself! D:< Fail Chosen One!

Okay~

and he's the Emperor's Chosen! He should be telling this myself! D:< Fail Chosen One!
Yes he should, but he vanished on me before I could nag him about it

From our discussion in Discord Server.

About Airship Combat

Airship Shields:
-Airships have 2 layers of shields.
-1st layer defends against big, but slower, projectiles such as another Airships' Rune Cannons and Ground Artillery stuffs.
-2nd layer defends against small, but faster, projectiles such as personal weaponry.
-Of course, with enough force, the shields can shatter.
-The shields also make it harder for boarding as the airboats/fighters must slow down to 'phase through' the shield to board.
---
Tactics:
-Boarding involves using fighters to send personnel to invade enemy airships. This is usually done by Privateers (like the Lughanta Company) and Pirates to capture enemy vessels, getting all the sweet loot and the vessel itself. Cause of this, privateers and pirates usually have more airboats than Military Airships.
-Nation vs Nation Warfare generally involves blowing up the opposition so Military Airship will have more focus on cannons and flaks rather than fighters.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
Have a solid Paladin Waifu!

"I am the Iron Hand of Justice."

Themesong

Name: Laura(Lau-ra) Delain
Race: Human
Birthplace: Eustia - Divine Kingdom of Fraulia

Bio:
Born in the line of duty to an unimportant Inquisitor pair the direction the young Divine Knight's life would take was set in stone the moment she was born.

Dedicating her entire childhood to The Cause Laura became a loyal Inquisitor in no time - valuing hard work and nourishing her abilities over the generally more enjoyable activities that life offers... like making friends.

Working under the Branch Order named 'Kreuzzug', whose norm it is to have their Divine Knights be in a close Relationship to certain Seraphim, Laura is in close commune with her Guardian Angel: Israfil.

Not uncommon for Seraphim to be able to see the past, present and future it came to no surprise that the young Inquisitor was ordered to join the Lughanta. Commanded by her Guardian Angel, Laura strongly believes that by being on the ship an opportunity to exercise Justice will present itself.

Skills:

Shining Link - Staying in close commune with Israfil, Laura enjoys the virtue of a handful of divine traits: Granting her passive enhancements as well the ability to work Divine Magic.

However, such borrowed power doesn't come completely free. To let Laura bask in Israfil's Embrace the Seraph needs to exert a certain Dominion over wherever she may be. Meaning, for example, Laura's feats of power would be more potent in Celestia than the Netherworld.

As Laura exerts Israfil's will however, a link usually exists even in the most isolated places. Like a torch carrying Israfil's lights even in places where the concept of fire doesn't even exist.

Laura's extent of her divine power is further influenced by Israfil's mood, as even a Seraphim is sentient to a fault, as well as depending on the situation. Shining Link's efficency is further influenced by Laura's dedication to The Cause.

Radiance - Laura is a candle. Radiance allows Laura to literally shine, emitting a light that unveils deception. This skill makes it harder for deceiving skills like illusions and invisibility to work while also providing a light source and maybe even blinding some enemies. Furthermore Radiance blesses Laura with a certain immunity against bright lights, making it harder for her to be blinded.

Destiny-Manifesting Method - With a Seraphim able to see the future, Laura's destiny is already set in stone. Which can't be easily changed. Effects that would cloud her judgement - or mind - or simply just have deleterious effects on her are ineffective.

Rather than outright nullyflying such effects it merely reduces and slows them. Her mind can not be immediately altered in ways which would change her ideology and personality in too extreme ways.

Furthermore, no matter how fatal or permanent a effect may be, Israfil will generate a condition by which the Divine Knight may shatter any curse. The condition itself could present itself in just a few days or even just years. Even then, the Fated is not bound to know the condition to lift her curse, even if it exists.

Shining Force - Laura is capable of manifesting a pair of radiant wings on her back. Sustaining them for too long usually costs too much of her Mana; though she could still fly around like a real Angel and exercise aerial combat. Generally the Inquisitor uses them to give her short-bursts of acceleration to close gaps or generate a height-advantage in an attack.

Arcadia Union - An 'ultimate skill' of sorts. Using the unique properties of her Executioner's Sword together with Shining Link, Laura is capable of transforming her Mana into offensive energy, channeling it into the weapon and releasing it. Essentially the Inquisitor is capable of firing either a huge beam of justice light or make a devestating combo attack to bring destruction onto one perperator.

Unlike Laura's other divine gifts, Arcadia Union is something to which the Seraphim wont give her cooperation lightly.

Limiter Release - Using Laura's own body as a Vessel to create a projection of Israfil herself the Divine Knight is capable to give herself a huge boost in all combat abilities. This boost, however, is only of limited time as her human body isn't made to withstand the brilliance of her Guardian Angel for too long. Furthermore, using Arcadia Union with Limiter Release will kill Laura on the spot.

Unlike Laura's other divine gifts, Limiter Release is something to which the Seraphim wont give her cooperation lightly.

Swordsmanship - Having been thaught the way of the blade since young Laura is capable of wielding such a weapon, even different sizes, with high efficency.

Martial Arts- Even without a weapon an Inquisitor should not be defenseless. While Laura is no match for a dedicated follower of such an art she would still easily have the upper hand against random street thugs.

Talents: Riding, Preaching, Gear Maintence, Dauntless, Burning Heretics, Interrogation

Magitek Items:

Executioner's Blade
A divine weapon created to purge all evil.

Without even as much as a fancy title the weapon doesn't look like anything special. The Executioner's Blade is in deep attunement with Laura, her own Mana flowing freely inside the weapon. With each strike the weapon tries to force its own arcane energies onto its opponents. This makes this physical weapon a natural enemy against Arcane Beings.

While generally more of a passive effect, as the amount of Mana used and consumed is irrelevant, Laura can actively push Mana into the blade to increase the deadliness of her weapon.

Examples: Beings that can't be damaged by physical means but through Arcane (or get bonus damage). Ghosts, certain Demons and Summons, Wraiths and so on.

Barrier Jacket
The standard issue Barrier Jacket is a Magitek-device made to combat magicians. In essence a piece of clothing that can be pushed Mana into to create a protective barrier. The garment is equipped with an Erechius Mechanism to make it run on both sources.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Classic skys. Power list is longer than the rest of the CS combined.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Skyswimsky
@StillWeisenhart you're good to go.
@Ronnilis Alright, do what Izurich told you in PM and you're good.
@Crow I am still waiting on input from Izurich in regards to your history. Kinda had other things to do today like totally not my own sheet and by the time I got to him about you he went to bed. Sorry about that.

Also the stuff with the 'average Infernal' was more in terms of general powerlevel rather than Swallow bird speed being okay. I start to think there is a clear difference in how we perceive the combat power-levels of the character's starting out. It is something I honestly have not talked with Izurich about yet so it's completely my fault.
@Izurich asking you again to look over Crow/Sun's history please and the thing with the Swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.