• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izurich

Pikaface
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Space Fantasy, Magical
Du2LGeV.png

xVMRfhu.jpg

For whatever reason that brings you here, thirst for adventure, lust for power, or even just an innocent wish to make the world a better place. You find yourself in a marketplace of a bustling port city. Your gaze travels upwards at all the mighty airships soaring through the skies, leaving white trails as the distinctive sounds of Magitek Engines hum from the beasts' belly.

You are not expecting much from this city: maybe some local jobs, a way to earn some decent money until you move on or maybe an opportunity to finally settle down. Now you can not believe that you could have been so fortunate. To some, it would be foolish to fawn over a simple recruitment paper. To you, it is like your dream come true, because it proclaims the following:
---<=====>---
"The Lughanta Company Needs YOU!"

6LVCWwt.jpg

Greetings future crewmates,

Are you an able-bodied individual?
Do you have the soul of an adventurer?
Are you someone who prefer to get things done?

Then look no further than the Lughanta Company!

We are a reputable mercenary group who have been operating for 5 years. The best in the business, we tackle on jobs no other companies can! Our achievements are many, our rivals none.

Might you have heard about the famous crimson airship surrounded by a ring of flames? That's us!​

4vyRDxr.jpg

Beautiful, isn't she? Brave men and women make their home here. She can be yours too if you join us... TODAY! Just go to the nearest Guild Branch Office and pitch in your application, we will contact you should we find you promising ASAP.​

With deep regards,
Agatha Nightingale
Captain of the Lughanta
---<=====>---​

Nightingale... yes, you recognize the family name. One of the prominent Patrician Families of Venesia. If there are any doubts in your mind regarding monetary compensation, they are now gone.

You stand in awe of the opportunity. Maybe you will be even amongst those who get accepted into the crew.

Links:
Hope to see your character soon! If you have any questions, just fire away!

Last edited:
._. I haven't been getting any alerts from here... Well, I'll be throwing my character into the mix within the next few days. probably

Alright~ just do it before the 12th cause I will be accepting reviewed CSs and make the IC thread.

Last edited:
Glad your interest was piqued!

As long as you can write interesting characters with thoughts, feelings, and actions without sounding like an Instruction Manual, you are good. This includes the decency to at least proofread your post before hitting the "Send" button of course.

Yeah, your character Race, Bio, and Abilities will be rather restricted if you want to be a pre-existing crew of the Lughanta. I really don't recommend it as I want peeps to play someone they truly enjoy since this is a long term RP.
So this is at least an intermediate-adept? (In fear of sounding awful, I'm not into RPs with fewer guidelines than that, so I just wanted to check! Not trying to be elitist, I just don't want to start then drop because I've lost interest.)

That leads me to another question, then... Will the new crew be taking the place of pre-existing members or working alongside them, or taking on new roles or...how does that work? I guess what I'm asking is: why is the current crew taking on so many new members?

Last edited:
So this is at least an intermediate-adept? (In fear of sounding awful, I'm not into RPs with fewer guidelines than that, so I just wanted to check! Not trying to be elitist, I just don't want to start then drop because I've lost interest.)

That leads me to another question, then... Will the new crew be taking the place of pre-existing members or working alongside them, or taking on new roles or...how does that work? I guess what I'm asking is: why is the current crew taking on so many new members?

For myself personally, I am an Adept-Advanced level. (Actually never really cared much for this, I have my opinion on people when I actually see their writing, not what they put on their profile).

However, if you still want a clear answer, a Group RP's 'level' often follows its GM's so yeah, this is an Adept RP at the very least.

As for your other questions, the new crew will be added into Lughanta's roster. The Lughanta itself has hundreds of personnel (Imagine a Cruiser warship). Other examples, such as the battleship-sized airships will have thousands of personnel (just like irl).

If you compare 10-20 new members to the hundreds of existing crew, that is minuscule, certainly not many. The reason? Replenish numbers after the last pirate-hunting quest.

As for your other questions, the new crew will be added into Lughanta's roster. The Lughanta itself has hundreds of personnel (Imagine a Cruiser warship). Other examples, such as the battleship-sized airships will have thousands of personnel (just like irl).

If you compare 10-20 new members to the hundreds of existing crew, that is minuscule, certainly not many. The reason? Replenish numbers after the last pirate-hunting quest.
Oh, wow-- okay. I was envisioning something a bit smaller scale. Not to be too nosy, especially if you're saving this for a plot point, but what will the PCs be doing? I mean, if the crew is that large, will there be a lot of NPCs or how will it work? Are the PCs just going to be in a unit or the like?

(Sorry, I just like details.)

- Ready for Critique -

eternal_lair__03_05__by_seeddestiny-dar74ue.jpg
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Name: Achlys Nyx
Nickname: Shadowheart (It was chosen for her by her owner...)
Race: Armer
Birthplace: Achlys doesn't know. Her first memories were in Venesia.

Personality: Achlys is very aloof but also loyal to a fault. She was, quite literally born to serve and to be ignored until needed. She is used to simply replying to questions in terse responses without elaboration. As a result she is likely to be short with others and then, if they are her allies, surprising defend them to the death.

Bio: Achlys knows not where she was born nor who her family may have been. All she knows is her life as an assassin. She has had the power of the Nether Realm bound to her soul via some arcane ritual and only survived to the inner light she possessed as an Armer. As a result, that light within her has been snuffed out but it instead gave her the ability to summon the power of chaos in the form darkness to her hand and shape it to her will.

She spent most of her life training and performing tasks for her master. Only over the course of many tasks has she finally secured the funds to purchase her freedom. The question then was, what does one do when all the world is finally open to you? What sort of life do you lead? Who will you be? Achlys has no idea and the thought scares her as much as it thrills her.

Skills:
  • Archery
  • Stealth
  • Acrobatics/Parkour
  • Using the Chaos Element to create soul sucking razor shards and snuff out the light
Talents:
  • Reading Body Language
  • Poison Craft
Magitek Items:
  • A magitek bow with which to hurl the Chaos shards she can summon. It can, after it is strung, be used to fire normal arrows but she rarely does so.
  • A cloak that is imbued with a magical resonance to her summoned darkness. It almost looks alive as it caresses her pale figure and helps her hide in shadows but does little else but look damn good.
Magical Limitations: Achlys is rather limited in what she can do magically. She can summon darkness for purposes of concealment or craft small items out of it but little else. In essence a short sword or her dangerous arrows are the most common constructs. Sometimes, rarely, she crafts for herself a buckler. It's the wounds caused by these chaos shards that are what terrifies people. They are remarkably difficult to heal and those killed by the shards prove almost impossible to revivify and are why she commands such an impressive price for her services.

Last edited:
Oh, wow-- okay. I was envisioning something a bit smaller scale. Not to be too nosy, especially if you're saving this for a plot point, but what will the PCs be doing? I mean, if the crew is that large, will there be a lot of NPCs or how will it work? Are the PCs just going to be in a unit or the like?

(Sorry, I just like details.)

Have you played the Suikoden series? The PCs will be the driving force of this RP, the Stars of Destiny. Don't sweat yourself too much about the Lughanta because the plot will be so much bigger than this. The Lughanta is just your starting island.

URuU32K.png

"Can you defeat the mighty Sun Wukong?"
Name: Sun Wukong
Race: Infernal
Birthplace: Netherworld

Bio: The young Infernal was born in the Netherworld, but never really felt at home there. Due to her family traditions in particular, she would only be given a name after proving her worth by her thirteenth birthday. At a young age, she left home in order to cause chaos in various Southern Azuran villages. It was limited to petty things like stealing food, agitating horses and the like, but she was ultimately halted by a human named Sanzang, who was training two other pupils at that time - an Infernal named Bajie and a human named Wujing. Sanzang saw great potential in the Infernal and believed that her talents were wasted on such petty mischievious actions that might some day lead to greater crimes. As such, he decided to take her in as a pupil.

Sanzang taught his pupils many things via a journey that lead them through the continent - a pilgrimage. This journey would lead them through the Novus Fraulian Colony, then Venesia, the Amerium Council, the Brendorn Imperium and the places and seas that linked them. During their journeys, they made many allies, foes and acquaintances, the most notable of these being the young Infernal's greatest rival, the Celestial Nezha.

At some point during this journey, Sanzang, learning of the Infernal's family traditions, decides to give her a name on her thirteenth birthday - Sun Wukong. In the tongue of Sanzang's people, 'Sun' simply meant 'monkey', while 'Wukong' referred to the awakenment to emptiness. It was not what Wukong had achieved at that time, but it was what he believed that Wukong was destined to achieve on her own.

Eventually, Wukong was ready to leave when they hit the Brendorn Imperium, as Sanzang could no longer impart any knowledge onto her. Wukong was ready to explore the other parts of the greater world that had not been touched during their grand journey, as well as where she will make new allies and possibly meet old ones. Ending her pilgrimage with Sanzang, she embarked on a new journey with the Lughanta Company, since her former Master had advised her to explore places that he cannot take her, as well as 'learn from others, so that you can learn about yourself'.

Physical Appearance: Wukong is about 160cm tall. She has a prehensile monkey tail that sprouts from the end of her spine.

Skills:
  • Martial Arts - Wukong has great combat feats, learning from the best. She is a swift dodger and even swifter striker.
  • Luna's Shroud - A racial trait of Infernals that grants the user immunity to mind-affecting spells such as hypnotism, charm, and fury.

Talents:
  • Heat Resistance - capable of resisting temperatures that par with volcanoes.
  • Increased Physical Capabilities - As part of her demonic heritage, Wukong possesses strengths great enough to lift the excessively heavy Ruyi Jingu Bang around her neck and in her arms. She is also noticeably fast, able to par with a swallow in terms of speed with her bare feet.
  • Prehensile Tail - self-explanatory.
  • Trickery - Wukong is skilled at fooling others and pranks. She uses this skill to create nasty traps.
  • Riding

Magitek Items:
  • Ruyi Jingu Bang - A semi-sentient staff-like structure that is capable of altering its length and girth with ease. It is very heavy, and is often worn on Wukong's neck outside of battle. Wukong claims that it was once a heavy pillar that supported the castle of the great dragon Ao Guang. The Ruyi Jingu Bang is efficient in Erechius usage, relying on it to expand and contract, and to some extent, move on its own. Even if it is reduced to a 'hunk of metal' and stuck in a particular form due to running out of Erechius, Wukong can still skillfully wield it.
  • Douyi Yun - a hoverboard that emits cloud-like smoke when used, as well as a trail of gold, hence a name that seems to hint at it being an actual cloud. Durable enough to be used as a shield against physical attacks. Wukong claims that it was a proposal gift from her old rival Nezha, but she rejected him eventually. This is probably a lie.

Last edited:
Well, when your cast in your active RP apparently gets gobbled up by the new personna game, it becomes time to look at other things! I'll be boarding the hype train.

Well, when your cast in your active RP apparently gets gobbled up by the new personna game, it becomes time to look at other things! I'll be boarding the hype train.

Heeeey, Kokoro, welcome, could always use a Yandere Qt around here.

DTNRlEH.png

Charlotte Henriette
Vampire (Nosferatu)
Somnus, Autrea

Bio: Charlotte is a golden-haired girl of reasonable height, standing at 5' 5" or about 165cm. Unlike her peers and siblings, she is personally active for a vampire. Foregoing the popular vampire pastime of pulling the strings from the shadows, cautious and risk-free, she has a personality that drives her to journey about, meddle directly with things, and put herself in harm's way while doing so.

A daughter of the Blood Devil Elizabeth, she still nonetheless belongs to an exclusive class of elite nosferatu and commands her own influence within the circles of vampiric society. She has a large property in the countryside of the Bendorn Imperium, where she maintains a stately house and vineyard staffed by slaves and fellow vampires, which she visits from time to time to faff about and drink wine in between her escapades.

Like others of her class, Charlotte is elegant and refined, and a master of subterfuge and social interaction. Uncharacteristic cautious in regards to her appearance, she puts substantial effort into maintaining a human appearance, using high level magic and wards to keep the appearance of a young, green-eyed human girl on her adventures. Only a select few individuals of non-vampire blood know her true origins.

Skills:

• Sanguine Arts Practitioner
  • Swordmanship
Talents:
  • Espionage, subterfuge
  • Royally fucking shit up
  • Being nosy
  • Agriculture
  • Winemaking
  • Nosferatu passives
Magitek Items:
  • Brendorn Magitek Side-sword; custom, made to order; elementally unaspected
  • Magitek Pistol; compact and built with a lightweight material. Has a small magazine of bullets, and used whenever Charlotte feels like it, because she has a lot of better things to use.

Last edited:
@Izurich
Thanks for the welcome! but sorry to disappoint, too many waifus so I'll try to balance the hopeless imbalance.

I'm ready for look-over. If you're intrigued and want spoilers, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, please let me know what needs to get changed.

4/10/17 - Ver. 1.0
4/12/17 - Added a Tech List (pretending it's a Tales Game)

[fieldbox= Mysterious Nobody - Seven, Orange, Solid]

Core section:

Char_Seven117c427a3S50b52b73c9e1156e33fbSc44_zpsdk154sbj.jpg

Basic Info:
(According to Submitted New Hire Form)
Name: Seven
Race: Human
Birthplace: Regnum, Brendorn Imperium

Biography:
The person handling new hires was utterly baffled by the 'Name' that this person put on their application form.

Regardless, after running through the basic steps of checking their background, they weren't able to find anything of note - rather, they found no records at all. Nothing about him being a criminal, noting about him living anywhere, nothing about him even coming into town in the first place. Still, after hearing how much the Lugatha company moved around, and how this job promised that movement, the red haired young man named after a number: 'Seven', seemed dead set on joining as soon as possible. He possessed a special ability to 'tether' himself to things using an invisible Magi-tether. And he proved that the tether himself had considerable strength, able to hold up three different people while suspended beneath the airship. It's entirely possible that he could've taken on more, but no one else had the courage to take that chance.

Seven proved to be a reliable employee, taking on any job given to him without complaint. Though he's been mostly doing dishes, heavy lifting, and other menial tasks, the ships maintenance staff have taken an interest in him, after he found faults in the ship's fuel delivery system and brought it to the attention of the crew. He also seems to take avid care of his appearance - always wearing that dark suit even and looking completely comfortable doing heavy lifting or mopping floors in it yet looking spotless when he reports to work the next day. When asked about this he replied: "A Man has to be ready to deliver the best pickup line at all times, and look damn good doing it too." The crew member couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

While he freely comments on people about how they go about their work, to the point of occasionally getting on people's nerves, he seems to keep anything about himself under wraps. Typically launching that conversation into something ludicrous such as "what is the most appealing ratio for a short dress that seems to be the range among women these days?" Understandably, this has garnered him an unsavory reputation towards the other female crew members, but those who actually have spoken to him find that he seems more dotingly concerned with how well people are doing their jobs rather than the skirt chaser image he has among some of the others.

There seems to be more to Seven's story than what can be pieced together here. Will the crew ever see it for themselves?

Skills
  • Battle Resilience - Seven appears to have a good understanding of the use of mana in his body and his own physical capacities. Thusly, he utilizes both in a way to maximize his mana use and movement in the name of efficiency. In battle this translates his 'abilities' having the same longevity as his own toned physical stamina, even when under the duress of being used in battle.
  • Magi-Tether - By opening his hand at a direction, he can invoke a tether which forms an chjain that binds his arm to that object, allowing it to be manipulated. According to Seven, it's strong enough to hold up several people. The Tether can be 'anchored' to another object by having Seven point to that other object soon after. The tether can be 'retracted' by him forming a fist. While dissipating the tether is done with a wrist flick gesture.
  • Complex Reinforcement - Fighting primarily with his body. Seven uses a complex barrier overlap system to protect him in battle. He can also manipulate the form of this barrier to deflect (though not necessarily stop) projectiles coming at him. In passive mode, this armor is invisible to the naked eye, and it has a negligible draw on his mana. When in active mode - either done intentionally or when the section experiences force trauma, the reinforcement takes begins to glow, showing Mana being pumped into the visible section, making it stronger but also drawing more Mana in the process.

Tech List (for Fun)
Seven - LV 1
Azure Pulse (Neutral)
Medium Range, Projectile, Air

Tethers against an opponent, and sends a pulse of Mana through the tether to slam into them.
Cross Edge (Neutral)
Close Range, Wide

Form two handblades and charge into a foe to perform a wide cross-cut.
Swallow Dance (Neutral)
Close Range, Air

A fast, strong series of kicks that can propel the user and foe into the air.
Wyvern Crush (Neutral)
Close Range, Crush

Swing around with one's fist and smash a barrier directly into them.

Talents
  • Navigation - Able to read the stars, and well versed in the geography of the world. Seven can typically tell exactly where the party is, so long as he has a general idea where they are. His intuition in regards to direction is pretty reliable as well.
  • Persuasion - Seven can be a smooth talker when he puts effort into it. There are times when a disagreeable guard or tight lipped barmaid are uncooperative. Seven walks up to them and whispers into their ears, and suddenly, they become much less hostile to the crew's requests. Whether he compliments their figure or describes in detail how he'll murder their entire family is up to debate.
  • Alcohol Tolerance - He holds the record for the number of cups of ale drunken by a single crew-member in a single sitting. He stopped not because he couldn't drink anymore, but rather because he got bored and wanted to go to the toilet.

Notable Magitek Items
  • Cipher Cryptocard - A Shiny but otherwise unimpressive looking card that Seven seems to value above all else. When shown to certain vendors and shop-keeps in towns and cities they suddenly become rather charitable towards giving him certain supplies and performing maintenance on some gear. Seven hasn't used it for much else beyond his own personal needs, much to the dismay of the crew and captain.
  • Over-bounder Rings - A pair of Magitech rings that allow Seven to manipulate his Reinforcement ability beyond the bounds of his own body, allowing for feats such as his Mana Tether to be achieved. It also allows him to form shapes with the reinforce ability. Typically hand-blades or a large sword that he uses in strike arts. While the bounder rings are considered obsolete Magitech, it allows for control and efficiency that in the hands of a proficient user, can be leagues more effective than newer models.

Optional information:
  • Theme Song:
  • The Prohibited ORDER of Soldiers: NUMERAL

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

749d612bfd551d2eb4df924e2e316841.png

"Eiiiiiii. *yawn* Been out long?"

• Name:

"Yo. Name's Herman. Herman Schmid. *hic* Wanna know how I got my first name? Wehehell, let's just say the ladies have a thing for me. My catchphrase? "Herman is 'er man"."

Race:

"Definitely human here, fam. As if Bumi had enough of us lingering around 'er, eh?"

Birthplace:

"Well, the family business of making arms and armour thrived here on Venesia the moment I was born... So uh, yeah. I've been here all my life."

Physique and Stature:

"Uh... let's see 'ere... a hunkalicious, five-foot-seven, hundred-forty-six pound ass-kickin' love machine. Here's my number."

• Hailing from Venesia, Nusantara, the young lad named Herman Schmid perceives the world of Bumi with indifference. Born to a blacksmith father and a seamstress mother, it was inevitable that the family business would focus on making weapons and armour; their workshop (aptly named "Schmid Arms-and-Armour") being one of the most established for their superlative wares. Encouraging Herman to follow in his footsteps, his father educated him every nook-and-cranny of the ways of a smith at an early age; treating every material with utmost care, determining which material to use, the materials to be combined to create an improved and refined material, all of it. Eventually, he was able to craft his very first weapon, a pair of steel-enforced tonfas.

However, Herman grew dissatisfied of just hammering all day. Wanting to break the status quo, he decided to take a break from the family business, much to his father's discontent but eventual approval, with a bit of help from his forbearing mother. Letting him be, Herman's father suggested that he should go visit his uncle Qrow, a retired Capoeira-style martial artist, who is willing to teach him techniques that would probably save his ass in the long run in case of, say, an imperial invasion.

Bringing his prized tonfas, Herman began to train under his uncle's tutelage. He was entirely surprised, considering the complicated lower-body movements and the fact that it will be difficult since said style was incompatible with his upper-arm weaponry. A long and grueling two months befell upon him, learning gradually. Even as a human, such a fast, versatile, and most definitely uncommon martial art was quite the challenge to grow accustomed to. After some time, the young man threw the towel in, deeming it a big hurdle to surpass.

With nothing more to satiate his boredom, Herman returned home. Every now and then, he and his group of friends wound up at the local tavern every other day, drinking all night. He still helps out at his family's workshop, but the passion for smithing or even martial arts were drained from him. Apart from that, he became lazier and lazier, much to his father's dismay. Herman felt as if there was nothing more to do at that boring ass island but drink, sleep and have fun with friends all day, so he's just gonna have to make do with it until his death. That remained so, until a fateful day...

An important task was given to Herman by his father, which was to deliver arms to an adventurer from the distinguished Nightingale family, one named Agatha. However, by that point, Herman has become way too indolent and unbeknownst to his family's honor, asked said VIP client to take it from him at his favorite hangout spot rather than delivering to them personally. Herman's irritated (albeit justified) client arrived at the tavern he addressed her to, and finds him drunk, half-asleep, and astray from his purpose. A heated argument between the two caused the easily-agitated drunkard to lash out with his blunt weaponry. The female adventurer kicked Herman's ass with little-to-no effort, showcasing the difference between their strength. Taking her goods, Agatha imparted a little advice.

"Rather than sitting on your ass like a drunkard all day, why not join our company? You know you want to, don't you?"

Throwing the recruitment paper on his dazed face, the female left. Realizing that his "boring but safe" mindset was a load of bollocks and is eating away at his life in general, it wasn't difficult to persuade the lad. He knew he wanted more than just being stuck on ol' boring Venesia, dangers be damned. Herman returned to his uncle, all fired-up and more willing than ever to learn.

After a few more months of rigorous training (and gaining his uncle's merit), approval from his parents, obtaining a new pair of Magitek booster boots from his dad, and upgrading his tonfas into tonfa blasters ejecting explosives with a little help from his dad's Armer associate, Herman Schmid joined the Lughanta Company. He was ready. Ready to take flight, explore the world of Bumi and find damsels in distress!

• Herman is a very laidback individual, uncaring about the issues of politics or articles of the norm in Bumi. Initially wanting to secure a "boring but safe" lifestyle, he values peace among other matters. He is also neutral towards the ongoing military conflict between the Empire and the Divine Kingdom, stating that as long as they purchase his family's wares, he isn't biased towards any side, and that their money is what matters.

However, after being enlightened by a certain individual to loosen up and escape from his dull life, Herman became much more open-minded, despite retaining his bored and lazy expression. He now wants to utilize his youth by exploring the unknown, while sharing good memories with his comrades.

As a casanova wannabe, Herman loves dames. What kind of man doesn't? He is a proud pervert as well. However, he takes pride in chivalry, as he treats women respectably. Herman would seduce a duchess, but he would never spoil a virgin. Despite his rather slothful disposition, Herman ends up being the most talkative of his friends. Starting the conversation with a sip of beer, and ending it with a good laugh, is Herman's specialty.

+ Beer
    + Exploring
    + Learning new things (apart from complicated shit)
    + Sleeping
    + Welfare
    + Capoeira Martial Arts
    + Casual gossip

Dislikes:
    - Politics
    - Girls getting hurt
    - Complications
    - Trouble

• Herman is a friendless loser. Coming soon!

• Skills:

> Element Expertise: Fire (Explosives) <
    > Weapon Expertise: Dual Tonfas <
    > Unarmed Combat Style: Capoeira Martial Arts Style <

Talents:

> Smithing - The fundamental knowledge of weapon and armor smithing, as well as turning materials into metals, were all drilled into him by his father. <
    > Acrobatics - Experienced at the arts of Capoeira, Herman is very nimble and fleet-footed. His movements are fluid, graceful and most of all, unpredictable. He hits hard with a series of rapid kicks and tonfa strikes. <
    > Alcohol Tolerance - Herman takes quite a beating in the chugging department before dropping like a log. 'Nuff said. <

Items:

kCoQlVS.png

> Rocky and Road (Steel-Enforced Tonfa Blasters): A pair of green, heavy and blunt customized arms that also serve as long-ranged weapons, firing explosive Erchius bullets from the fore-head. But let's face it, they're damn Bazookas. <

rocket_boot_finished_by_sxnolan-d4wi0gy.png

> Magitek Boosters: With the help of an Armer, this pair of footwear are Herman's prized possessions (apart from his tonfas), given to him by his father. Using Erchius as fuel, the boots utilize the air-fuel ejected from the thrust nozzles to thrust the user upwards. This allows Herman to thrust or boost into the air indefinitely, though extreme care for observing the fuel capacity is a must if the man doesn't want to fall straight to his fucking death. This forces Herman to land. However, the fuel cells strapped to his boots can be replaced in case of the worst-case scenario, and Herman is always prepared with extra Erchius fuel rods. <

• "Dangers be damned!"

"Now lookie 'ere, gentlemen. Little 'ol me has already been told countless times of the rising tensions, the urge for military supremacy and all that bullshit. I'm tellin' ya right now... I don't care if yer' Red or Blue or whatever... yer' Florin 'ere are all green ta me."

"Every woman is a treasure. Make sure ta treat them with more care than you can treat yerself."

• Face Claim:
    Gray from Fire Emblem

Voice Actor:
    Hiroyuki Yoshino

Theme:

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the artworks shown. Credits to their respective owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Click This
@Assallya
Izurich will get to you two later just in case you're wondering that I did not review your sheets.

@Crow
Just making sure since you go on about 'Physical Plane', Netherworld is as solid as Bumi, people can go there and chill but only full Angel's/Demon's are allowed as permanent citizens.

I'd question why Sun Wukong is an Infernal instead of a Youkai - especially with the Shapeshifting and all wouldn't it make more sense to make him a Youkai? Like a Monkey or a Tanuki or some mix-breed with infernal. While Infernal's dont have to look demonic it would also justify her looks more.

For his Bio, a Celestial taking on an Infernal as a disciple 'because he saw great potential' is really, really pushing things. In fact, it is pushing it too much. It'd make way more sense if he'd be disciple of another Infernal. A celestial teaching an Infernal is definitely an interesting concept and I am sure it would open a door for a lot of internal conflict considering they are both very opposite in nature, but you need a better reason. Also why is she joining Lughanta?

Combat Prowess is simply 'Martial Arts', no?
Trickery is more of a Talent than Skill.Same with Steedriding.

With "of many varieties" you are talking about not just different species of fancy horses but stuff like boars or oversized birds and all? Pretty sure you could also just shorten it to 'Riding'.

Shapeshifting. How does it exactly work? Is it magic? Some sort of innate ability? Does Sun take on all the traits of whatever she is shifting into? Are there even limits like a certain amount of mass? Are those 'half-forms' like a humanoid cat instead of a complete cat? Some more details would be nice. I am not saying you need to give us a detailed list about everything she can transform into but what you currently have is not enough.

Don't see too much of a problem with the Magitek items though I am pretty sure anything that runs on Erechius is not 'unique' enough that it could not be replicated/build again. Anything that uses Erechius is basically 'man-made'/'modified' Also how his her resizable stick a weapon of mass destruction? Maybe you should tell us about what limits for size you are imagining.

Another thing to mention: I hope you realize that by giving everything and anything a name for locations, people, and so on you throw us, the GMs, a huge bone making it easier for us to make Sun feel more involved in the overall story as you give those people and locations a certain amount of importance.

Now, I am telling you this because neither Izurich and me try to replicate (part) of the mythos you took a lot of inspiration from. Instead, we might incooperate them to fit our own needs.

@Ehb
We'd very much like you to send us(Izurich and me/Skyswimsky) a PM spoiling us! Also I am supposed to remind you that we have a Discord server set up for this RP too. I'll refrain from saying much to the background until then.

Some more information about the Magi-Tether would be welcome. Does it have a certain Range when cast to attach itself to things? And if yes, how fast would it happen(Is it possible to dodge)? You are explaining about being able to retract the tether but what about increasing the range once something is tethered? How do you plan it to interact with other protective barriers? Does it tether to the magical shield itself?

The existence of his card will hopefully be justified in the background PM too.

Complex Reinforcement, just so we are on the same page here, basically instead of him using an 'all body magic shield' like most other mages Seven creates more concentrated shapes of magic that block only a specific part on his body? Like only the vitals for example.

And, well, with the rings he is basically able to use those shapes offensively.

That's all for now. Will be waiting on more background too.

@Weisenhart
Background is okay. You might want to change the first paragraph a bit because, until you read the stuff about his personality, it doesn't make much sense how he prefers a 'boring but safe' lifestyle but seems to be constantly dissatisfied with that regardless. As for him getting a personal spanking from Agatha and how she'd react to him I am sure you talked with @Izurich about it before.

Now, the only problem I have is in regards to his weapons. You say he is a smith and all but suddenly he(his Dad) also knows how to Magitek. Not saying he can not but just because he is a smith does not make him a Magitek engineer too. You might want to fix that as he is clearly capable of working with that technology to a certain degree.

I'd question why Sun Wukong is an Infernal instead of a Youkai - especially with the Shapeshifting and all wouldn't it make more sense to make him a Youkai? Like a Monkey or a Tanuki or some mix-breed with infernal. While Infernal's dont have to look demonic it would also justify her looks more.

A lot of mythical demons do take the shape of animals. I was actually going for Youkai, but the whole shapeshifting thing was the reason why I didn't. I did believe the whole shapeshifting thing worked better with an Infernal than a Youkai.

For his Bio, a Celestial taking on an Infernal as a disciple 'because he saw great potential' is really, really pushing things. In fact, it is pushing it too much. It'd make way more sense if he'd be disciple of another Infernal. A celestial teaching an Infernal is definitely an interesting concept and I am sure it would open a door for a lot of internal conflict considering they are both very opposite in nature, but you need a better reason.
I guess I'll make this mentor figure a human then.

Well, back to the chopping block and on to the modications!

Reactions: Izurich
@Ehb
Some more information about the Magi-Tether would be welcome. Does it have a certain Range when cast to attach itself to things? And if yes, how fast would it happen(Is it possible to dodge)? You are explaining about being able to retract the tether but what about increasing the range once something is tethered? How do you plan it to interact with other protective barriers? Does it tether to the magical shield itself?

Complex Reinforcement, just so we are on the same page here, basically instead of him using an 'all body magic shield' like most other mages Seven creates more concentrated shapes of magic that block only a specific part on his body? Like only the vitals for example.

And, well, with the rings he is basically able to use those shapes offensively.
Magi-Tether Annendums
Magi-Tether has what's regarded as medium range. In essence, while it cannot grab onto opponents sniping from behind a foe's vanguard, it can grab onto opponents at ranges where they're actively engaging them.

For speed, the idea is that at max range, his hand gesture would be enough for a quick minded foe to react. However, it is at heart a grappling move to make up for the fact he would otherwise be a sitting target against a ranged foe.

If you mean 'increasing the range' as in basically the opposite of retracting the tether, he cant, as a way to reason that the tether has a strong hold.

For interactions with shield, that's an interesting thing to note. In the background, the Magic Tether bonds into something by injecting it with the user's mana to form the anchor. When it hits another foe, the bond becomes even stronger, as it'll naturally bond with the foe's own mana. Think of the tether as something akin to a ice spear that instantly freezes things. When that spear comes into contact with water, it immediately freezes itself into that water and becomes hard to retrieve without just breaking it. The same can be said for Seven's Tether. When it comes into contact with a user's barrier, which is essentially solid mana in my line of thought, it actually becomes even more effective.

Complex Reinforcement Annendums
You can basically think of it as: if you could see mana, you'd see he's actually decked out in a suit of armor. But isn't nearly as impeded by it. The rings handle the distribution of mana to each individual armor piece.

This all translates into him being resistant to barrage style strikes, and being picked at - at range, as well as increased regeneration, and again, efficiency. Though it can be still be busted through, it takes a bit more work.

For Shapeshifting it's basically straight lifted from Raze's magical ring in Mana Khemia that turned his knife into a great-sword through the power of Magic(?). In Seven's case, he's limited to hand-blades or a regular sized saber since he doesn't use an anchor like a knife as a 'base'. However, he can raise a strong barrier against ranged attacks. This barrier is basically a hardened cone shape that aims to misdirect a magic strike that his passive armor can't normally handle. But this requires him to not be caught off guard.

@Assallya

Ohooo, our first rogue-ish CS. :3 This gun' be good~

What I note:
  • Birthplace: Though you can keep it a secret in the profile, you have to tell me where she was truly born for plotting purposes. Just PM me.
  • Personality: A little nitpick, you mean "surprisingly defending them to the death" right?
  • Bio: Same thing, you have to tell me the truth for plotting purposes. Just PM m-... I'm being redundant. D:
  • Skills & Talents: "Acrobatics" should be in Talents (cause it isn't exclusively for combat and aren't related to Magic/Magitek)
  • "Using the Chaos element..." can be replaced to "Elemental Expertise: Chaos (Soul Shards)"
  • "Reading Body Language" into "Profiling"
  • Magitek Items: Suggestion, giving these items cool names should be good. A damn cool cloak needs a damn cool name to go with it.
  • Magical Limitations: It's good, but I have to note that this won't prevent someone, an Archangel for example, to overpower her shards' curse and heal/revive a person from near death. Her curse is strong, but it has its limits. However, character development is a thing (sometimes people forget about that, oddly enough).

An Armer who's a Rothmer in all but name. Nyx and Helen should join the Wannabe club. >:D

@Click This

I wonder if her brewery has some... 'special' recipes... >:)

What I note:
  • Bio: Just confirming, you used 'daughter' in a 'descendant' sense, not literally a daughter, right? Cause Elizabeth lived a long time ago yoooo and lifespan difference between races in Skyward Miracles are quite close. For example, an Elf will have around 40-50 extra years compared to a human. The only biologically immortal race is the Celestial (and they are managed quite strictly by Sol). Everything else is good!
  • Skills & Talents: XD I'm not sure if "Royally fucking shit up" and "Being nosy" are actual entries (cause they are basically the Espionage and Subterfuge anyway), but if you wanna keep them as flavor texts, sure~
  • A suggestion, you can put in the blurb about her being a 'Nosferatu' instead of a common vampire in the Talents section. She's noticeably stronger, faster, and only weakened by sunlight (instead of burned) compared to her 'plebeian' Kindred.
  • Magitek Items: Pretty simple, I see, well, sometimes, the simple things are the best.

Charlie~ Uhm, I mean, Charlotte ojou-sama.

Also, here is the 'human' version of Charlotte.

OUHYlHk.jpg

c8uj4P6.jpg

sarah06.jpg

"The world is my oyster, and you're my pearl!"
Name: Fay Corndale
Race: Human
Birthplace: Venesia, Nusantara

Bio: Fay was born to a rich, and pristine family known as the Corndales. During her youth, she obtained an education, and learned her family's trade, cargo transportation. One day, while serving her father, as a cargo inspector, she experienced her extreme luck. A boatload of boxed cargo happened to stumble upon Fay's whole body, due to the rope snapping. Her luck let her survive with only several broken bones, and partial brain damage, instead of death.

After the event, she was never the same again, as she feared cargo boxes, and general shipping. Then, they found her, which represented yet another form of Fay's luck. Two suitors, who desired wealth above all else, sought to claim the fair fay's hand in marriage. And so, the two forced Fay to experience the outside world, despite her traumatic past. They succeeded in doing so, as Fay became absorbed in the suitors lives, as they often told Fay of their various travels as merchants. She decided that she wouldn't let her past hold her back, and she promised to travel the world, just like her suitors. When she finally reached a choice on who to marry, the two suitors ended up as lovers, since they both loved each other's spunk and desire to travel.

Unsure on what to do next, she talked to her parents, who were at first reluctant, but later agreed, if Fay brought along a magitek staff. Her parents told Fay that the staff was passed down in the family and it was an important magitek item that contained a protection spell. Thus, the young Fay set off with her staff, to travel the world. Fortunately, the staff protected her from the harsh cold of night, as she later burned the staff to keep herself warm, on her first day of travel. Her luck, just kept on coming.

Before she reached a small town, she was mugged by several bandits, and thus she was left with no money. Yet this event was her luckiest break ever, as now, she decided to serve the Lughata company, upon realizing she could make some money, while traveling. It was killing two birds with one stone for her, and so she set off to find the company.

Skills:
  • Lucky: Fay's luck and intuition aid her, whenever harm comes her way; however, her luck's not all that.
  • Earth Element: She doesn't know it yet, but Earth is the element that she has a high affinity with.
  • Improvising: Sometimes life hands you a pan, and you need to bash enemies with those pans.

Talents:
  • Cargo Transportation: She's familiar with cargo due to her youth, but sometimes she fears boxes, when her past trauma gets the better of her.
  • Economics: She's an excellent economist, due to her education.

Magitek Items:
  • Burnt, Broken Valphion: A magitek staff that no longer works, but Fay keeps it, in case another fire is required to help her remain warm.
  • Grace: Grace is an amulet that Fay always wears. It doesn't contain special properties yet, but there's a mechanism inside the amulet that allows magitek materials to grant the amulet explosive properties. In essence, once Fay fixes Grace, which will take a while, she can do explosion magic. She's also unaware of Grace, as it's just an amulet in her mind. She obtained it from her grandfather.

Last edited:
@Crow The Biography is now better. There are still things that irk me but I am not too sure if it would be nitpicking too much or not so I'd like to get @Izurich opinion first.

Saying she has the speed of a swallow(For reference that is like 50 km/h), while carrying that super heavy staff around, thanks to her Infernal heritage, kind of implies your 'average Infernal' is 'just a tad weaker'... I am not sure if that power-level for the RP is intended. I am pretty sure it is not. @Izurich

Also I kind of asked the stuff about her pillar/staff because I wanted you to explain a bit more to me about said weapon instead of just deleting it. I have a hard time getting a read on what your imagination about the Staff's power is. So please explain? Her flying-hover-cloud is totally fine.

@Ehb Raaaaze, ze memories. Now I totally want to play Cross Edge again.
@Izurich may not like how his tether works with the shield but I really like it in consideration with his entire kit. Once the stuff in PM is resolved Seven has my okay.

@Ronnilis
Thank you for the read, I finally lost it when she decided to use the staff as fuel.

Alright. Am I right to assume that part of the 'brain damage' she suffered is leading her to actions like deciding to use a family heirloom to keep herself warm in the night?

Personally I get the impression her parents would just be happy if she'd...die and that staff is fake BUT I assume part of the protection spell is why the staff can, to an extent, still be used to...burn... again? Actually I'd like you to elaborate a bit more about the capabilities of the staff.

Otherwise she looks good to me.
I think @Izurich may ask you to fix your grammar though - mainly the comma placement. But I might be mistaken.

• Useful
Reactions: Izurich
You seem to have enough people judging by the interest check, but I'll be keeping an eye on this when it launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.