3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Space Fantasy, Magical
Du2LGeV.png

xVMRfhu.jpg

For whatever reason that brings you here, thirst for adventure, lust for power, or even just an innocent wish to make the world a better place. You find yourself in a marketplace of a bustling port city. Your gaze travels upwards at all the mighty airships soaring through the skies, leaving white trails as the distinctive sounds of Magitek Engines hum from the beasts' belly.

You are not expecting much from this city: maybe some local jobs, a way to earn some decent money until you move on or maybe an opportunity to finally settle down. Now you can not believe that you could have been so fortunate. To some, it would be foolish to fawn over a simple recruitment paper. To you, it is like your dream come true, because it proclaims the following:
---<=====>---
"The Lughanta Company Needs YOU!"

6LVCWwt.jpg

Greetings future crewmates,

Are you an able-bodied individual?
Do you have the soul of an adventurer?
Are you someone who prefer to get things done?

Then look no further than the Lughanta Company!

We are a reputable mercenary group who have been operating for 5 years. The best in the business, we tackle on jobs no other companies can! Our achievements are many, our rivals none.

Might you have heard about the famous crimson airship surrounded by a ring of flames? That's us!​

4vyRDxr.jpg

Beautiful, isn't she? Brave men and women make their home here. She can be yours too if you join us... TODAY! Just go to the nearest Guild Branch Office and pitch in your application, we will contact you should we find you promising ASAP.​

With deep regards,
Agatha Nightingale
Captain of the Lughanta
---<=====>---​

Nightingale... yes, you recognize the family name. One of the prominent Patrician Families of Venesia. If there are any doubts in your mind regarding monetary compensation, they are now gone.

You stand in awe of the opportunity. Maybe you will be even amongst those who get accepted into the crew.

Links:
Hope to see your character soon! If you have any questions, just fire away!

Last edited:
Character Sheet Application

Core section:
  • Character Picture (Anime/Comic/Drawn Artwork style highly recommended)
  • Basic Info (Name, Race, Birthplace)
  • Short Bio
  • Skills (Related to Combat, Magic, and Magitek)
  • Talents (Non-combat skills)
  • Notable Items (If your character doesn't have any, just skip it)
Optional information (Can be added later after acceptance):
  • Theme Song
  • Personal Quote
  • Likes & Dislikes
  • Opinion on other characters
  • etc.
jv93bK9.jpg

"The sky is not the limit!"
Name: Agatha Nightingale
Race: Human
Birthplace: Venesia, Nusantara Archipelago

Bio: The brunette human female measured 165 cm (5'5") and weighs 58 kg (128 lbs). A cheerful and upbeat young woman, Agatha was both owner and captain of Lughanta, a custom-made airship outfitted for high-speed travel and intense maneuvers. Together with her loyal crew, she traveled the world, offering various services such as delivery, transport, search and rescue, hunting pirates, etc. The company's fees were above standard, but their expertise and efficiency made up for it, as such, her clients were usually wealthy merchants and noble families.

The Nightingales was one of the prominent Patrician families in Venesia. However, she was the 3rd child out of five siblings, making her rather unimportant in matters of inheritance and family politics. Hence, she was free to pursue her own path in life. Since she's but a small child, her thirst for adventure was impossible to ignore, curious and active, Little Agatha often insisted on going with the Venesian merchants in their trips all across Bumi.

On the side, she learned martial arts using a quarterstaff as her main weapon, self-defense was absolutely necessary for an adventurer after all. She's a decent fighter on her own, but by no means a true front-line combatant as her main talents lie in piloting and leading.

Skills:
  • Element Expertise: Wind
  • Weapon Expertise: Quarterstaff
  • Unarmed Combat Focus: Feints and Counters

Talents:
  • Airship Piloting
  • Leadership: Admiralty
  • Negotiation and Haggling

Notable Items:
  • "Badai" Magitek Quarterstaff: Venesian-made, infused with the Wind element.

• Airships
  • Pubs and Taverns
  • Spicy Food

Dislikes:
  • Pirates
  • Sleeping
  • Plain Water

Template (You are very much welcomed to use your own, but the Core information must be there)
Code:
[CENTER][IMG]Insert Image Link Here[/IMG]
[I]"Insert Quote Here"[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Name[/B]:
[B]Race[/B]:
[B]Birthplace[/B]:

[B]Bio[/B]:

[B]Skills[/B]:[LIST]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

[B]Talents[/B]:[LIST]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

[B]Notable Items[/B]:[LIST]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Last edited:
Welcome to the Interest Check for Skyward Miracles! An Epic Magitek Fantasy Group Roleplay!

I am your GM, Izurich, and if what you have read so far piqued your interest, please express so here!

Guidelines and Notes
  • All Iwaku Forum rules apply. Obvious, but I gotta put it.
  • This RP blends Fantasy with Science-Fantasy elements. Yes, I said science-fantasy because Skyward Miracles prefer Rule of Cool over detailed technicalities most of the time.
  • However, this doesn't mean asspulling will be allowed. This means that you can't make up stuff on the spot. No suddenly and unexpectedly revealing that your character can do 'X' when it is not stated on their CS or not even foreshadowed.
  • No Godmodding, Powerplaying, and Metagaming.
  • Skyward Miracles is a Heroic Fantasy at its core in the vein of serieses such as Suikoden II and Final Fantasy IX
  • This will be a Grand Scale RP so expect long-term plays and epic far-reaching plots.
  • Posting Expectations is Weekly. I expect a post every 1 week. Should you want to post more, go ahead.
  • Please have decent spelling and grammar, I'm nowhere an expert myself, but I don't talk in t3xt sp34k. No l337 sp3ak.
  • Most important of all, have FUN! That's why we're here in the first place!

Last edited:
Hey~hey^^!!

Interested! But like just wanna double check: are we just applying as a general crew member or specific positions? And so like if we are applying for specific positions then can we submit appies as pre-existing members of the crew?

Thankds ya~^^!

Hey~hey^^!!

Interested! But like just wanna double check: are we just applying as a general crew member or specific positions? And so like if we are applying for specific positions then can we submit appies as pre-existing members of the crew?

Thankds ya~^^!

You can do either, but applying for a specific crew will mean your character concept will be less flexible. Personally. I recommend the former.

Is there more information on magic and magitech coming?

Certainly! Please check out the Lore Thread.

INFO DUMP - SKYWARD MIRACLES - Lore Thread

More details are available upon request.

Sorry I went through the lore thread and maybe I missed it but what can magic or magitech do? What are its limits?

I usually go with the idea of any attack spells are limited to what modern firerms and grenade launchers are capable of.

In addition I often go by the idea that barriers can defend against certain attack types like fire, or physical attacks but this works both ways. If you put up a wall against fire you can't use fire attacks through it yourself but you could attack with ice or you could put up a full magical wall but then you can't use magic yourself.

Sorry I went through the lore thread and maybe I missed it but what can magic or magitech do? What are its limits?

I usually go with the idea of any attack spells are limited to what modern firerms and grenade launchers are capable of.

In addition I often go by the idea that barriers can defend against certain attack types like fire, or physical attacks but this works both ways. If you put up a wall against fire you can't use fire attacks through it yourself but you could attack with ice or you could put up a full magical wall but then you can't use magic yourself.

They can do pretty much anything depending on the nature of its user and devices in hand. For example, An Imperial Red Mage will have array of spells focused on offense, particularly of Fire in nature.

I am not putting a hard limit on it. If we are going by the extreme, it can even destroy a continent if someone manages to construct a Super Weapon powered by Erchius. In actual RP practice, of course I will not let a Goku suddenly arriving and wreak havoc.

I am never fond of 'Real life' firearms. This is a JRPG-influenced Fantasy RP, not a Tom Clancy RP.

About the barriers, it makes sense. I agree. After discussions, I have decided that one-way barrier is the correct way to go for what I have envisioned for this RP.

Last edited:
So, we'd be an airship crew? I can definitely work with this. And it's even more tempting now to do dragon-girl or maybe tengu shenanigans. Being able to fly oneself is quite valuable when one is on an airship.

The rest, I'm not sure. But I can come up with a fun sort of character. Maybe I'll use one of the concepts I didn't use, like a sort of Witch/Magus to use the Pathfinder class terms (so, hexes and curses and other witch-y things, combined with mixing magic with swordplay). Or maybe kick ass for the Lord as some sort of bare-fisted priestly type.

Yes. I think we're on the same page. I just used a metaphor which I think you interpreted too literally.

When I mentioned firearms I didn't mean it literally but figuratively. The "firearms" was nothibg more than a comparison for limitations. Like a barrage of ice shards being sort of like a spray from a submachine gun or a fireball being like a grenade.

For example, a sorcerer shouldn't take out an entire village with a waving of his hand because a modern soldier can't using his or her toolset. However, building magitech device is like building a big bomb- Only this bomb turns everyone into stone, or freezes them in time or something which is infinitely cooler than a boring big old crater in the ground.

Hey, this looks interesting!

So, we'd be an airship crew? I can definitely work with this. And it's even more tempting now to do dragon-girl or maybe tengu shenanigans. Being able to fly oneself is quite valuable when one is on an airship.

The rest, I'm not sure. But I can come up with a fun sort of character. Maybe I'll use one of the concepts I didn't use, like a sort of Witch/Magus to use the Pathfinder class terms (so, hexes and curses and other witch-y things, combined with mixing magic with swordplay). Or maybe kick ass for the Lord as some sort of bare-fisted priestly type.

Yep! Crew of a quirky band of mercenaries! Absolutely, that can work. Just ask me for details should you have any questions regarding the Youkai's Spirit Guardian.

Whatever character you decide, I'll be here to work with you to realize them.

Yes. I think we're on the same page. I just used a metaphor which I think you interpreted too literally.

When I mentioned firearms I didn't mean it literally but figuratively. The "firearms" was nothibg more than a comparison for limitations. Like a barrage of ice shards being sort of like a spray from a submachine gun or a fireball being like a grenade.

For example, a sorcerer shouldn't take out an entire village with a waving of his hand because a modern soldier can't using his or her toolset. However, building magitech device is like building a big bomb- Only this bomb turns everyone into stone, or freezes them in time or something which is infinitely cooler than a boring big old crater in the ground.

Absolutely! Tho Magictechies are more flexible in what they can do compared to a modern soldier, rapid healing for example where as combat medics can only perform rudimentary surgery at best.

Hey, this looks interesting!

Thank you, Luminos! Make sure to read the Lore thread first before you submit your CS Application.

Last edited:
woah, this looks awesome. when are signups expected to be posted?

Actually, are we expected to put or character sheets here, PM them, or just toss them in one of the other threads once it happens?

Gonna read the Lore Thread later for Race info. Keeping tabs on this first.

woah, this looks awesome. when are signups expected to be posted?

Sign Ups thread will be posted once we garner enough interest. Just go right ahead and post your CS here first because they need to be reviewed.

This looks fun, I think I'll start on a CS.

Interested.

I'm interested as well!

Gonna read the Lore Thread later for Race info. Keeping tabs on this first.

Actually, are we expected to put or character sheets here, PM them, or just toss them in one of the other threads once it happens?

To answer you all, put your CS here, right in this thread. : ) I have provided you with a basic template for all the lazy coders, but you guys are welcome to use your fancier ones if you have any.

Make sure to read the Lore thread first tho, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.