• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izurich

Pikaface
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Space Fantasy, Magical
Du2LGeV.png

xVMRfhu.jpg

For whatever reason that brings you here, thirst for adventure, lust for power, or even just an innocent wish to make the world a better place. You find yourself in a marketplace of a bustling port city. Your gaze travels upwards at all the mighty airships soaring through the skies, leaving white trails as the distinctive sounds of Magitek Engines hum from the beasts' belly.

You are not expecting much from this city: maybe some local jobs, a way to earn some decent money until you move on or maybe an opportunity to finally settle down. Now you can not believe that you could have been so fortunate. To some, it would be foolish to fawn over a simple recruitment paper. To you, it is like your dream come true, because it proclaims the following:
---<=====>---
"The Lughanta Company Needs YOU!"

6LVCWwt.jpg

Greetings future crewmates,

Are you an able-bodied individual?
Do you have the soul of an adventurer?
Are you someone who prefer to get things done?

Then look no further than the Lughanta Company!

We are a reputable mercenary group who have been operating for 5 years. The best in the business, we tackle on jobs no other companies can! Our achievements are many, our rivals none.

Might you have heard about the famous crimson airship surrounded by a ring of flames? That's us!​

4vyRDxr.jpg

Beautiful, isn't she? Brave men and women make their home here. She can be yours too if you join us... TODAY! Just go to the nearest Guild Branch Office and pitch in your application, we will contact you should we find you promising ASAP.​

With deep regards,
Agatha Nightingale
Captain of the Lughanta
---<=====>---​

Nightingale... yes, you recognize the family name. One of the prominent Patrician Families of Venesia. If there are any doubts in your mind regarding monetary compensation, they are now gone.

You stand in awe of the opportunity. Maybe you will be even amongst those who get accepted into the crew.

Links:
Hope to see your character soon! If you have any questions, just fire away!

Last edited:
So many sword babes for the young Guardian to hit on.

Taka is man. Taka must examine other interesting shapes sometimes.

OTHER INTERESTING SHAPES. CIRCLES MAN. CIRCLES.

Practically done with my character, will post in a bit.

"Relax, I'm not gonna take nothin' off you… long as I don't get a reason to, anyway."

Name: Drayton Vance
Race: Human
Birthplace: Venesia, Nusantara

Bio: A product of his environment. Drayton spent his early life in the bustling marketplaces of Venesia picking pockets, praying on the goodwill of others and thieving things that seemed of value. Drayton wasn't alone, he had his father, however his old man viewed his son as a worker rather than blood and their relationship would only go as far as how many valuables he could get for the pair to sell off. His mother was likely either some prostitute that didn't want the trouble a kid would bring, or she dumped him on her husband and beat it. So for the first part of his life, he had to deal with a greedy father and no mother. As could be expected, as people began watching out for the little swindler, his job grew more difficult and when his spoils began to dwindle, he was cut loose.

Now an actual urchin, Drayton wandered the hub of commerce and lived a short while off his usual activities, until the day came where he found a small shop operated by an old man. What was interesting about this shop were the interesting pieces of magitek the man kept, a couple of curved blades, one traditional-looking adorning blue-glowing inscriptions along the blade and another with a clean line of blue lining the sword. Naturally, the young Drayton attempted to relieve the old man of his items, which led to getting whacked a few times by the man's cane and put to work in the shop to work off his crime. The old man gave little reason for taking him in over handing him over to what authorities there were. Said that jail wouldn't stop him from being a thief or living off others' expense. To give him some incentive, the old man said he'd teach him, both in morality and body, and that if he could ever take the blades from him, he could keep them and leave.

Going forward, Drayton's time during the day was spent dealing with patrons and spotting thieves like he used to be. When the doors closed, he would be taught and have his ass handed to him by the old man until adulthood. He never once bested the old merchant. He simply managed to grab the blades and run when he finally wanted to leave. Many would likely shake their head at Drayton's reliance on theft to get what he wanted, yet again. However the elder only said that he had to take them, not best him. Besides, he was tired of playing shopkeep, tired of stealing and tired of being stuck in the same place all his life. So, he began to travel and took up mercenary work, wielding the two magitek blades for the following years of his life. Sure, he put his lesser-approved talents to work as well, but only to people who he saw deserved it. He hadn't been completely rehabilitated—but it was an improvement at least. Finally, he came upon a recruitment poster in-between work. Living on a flaming airship seemed kind of fun.

Skills:
- Expert swordsman
- Skilled Pugilist

Talents:
- Bartering
- Lying
- Pickpocketing
- Drinking
- Enduring

Magitek Items:
Tempest: A traditional-looking curved sword with glowing blue inscriptions adorning the blade. Tempest is infused with the element of wind, allowing the usage of wind elemental attacks from someone without magical ability.
Steelrune: A silver curved blade holding no alternate color except for a glowing blue streak along the weapon's blade. Steelrune possesses no elemental enhancement, however the sword vibrates at a high frequency so as to aid in piercing through armor.

Last edited:
I love his theme. Im gonna steal it.

Yumi_zpsowqe75ve.jpg

"Killing you is only a matter of time!"
Name: Yumi
Race: Mixed Race- Moon Elf/Youkai
Birthplace: Technically Somewhere over the Hindia Ocean

Bio:This mysterious figure was the illegitimate child of parents she will never know. Born on a ship's return trip to Harukayama, Yumi began life from nothing. Her mother abandoned her since conception. Yumi spent her earliest moments with total strangers, only motivated by a handsome bribe to resolve the manner quietly. Fortunately, the strangers were at least kind enough to see her to the Eustia orphanage which Yumi would quickly abandon once it was clear that she had no chance of adoption.

But, unusually self-reliant for one so young, Yumi managed to carve out a life on her own. Despite no shortage of reasons to distrust others, Yumi found herself inexplicably drawn to others, so long as she found herself at a safe distance. In her early years up until her early teens, Yumi always managed to provide for herself through her freelance work. Yumi was such an observant child that she reliably noticed areas where people struggled in life, and she would help them in whatever capacity she could. In this period of her life, Yumi worked as a shrinekeeper, errandgirl, marketer, hired gun, storehand, librarian, and many other jobs. A fresh change of pace from her days in the orphanage, Yumi finally started to make friends. While her heritage proved a constant barrier, her uncanny ability to help people in their time of need made her beloved by the local community. She even had a brief romance with a young influential girl named Lyra. Brief, because Lyra took her own life, leaving Yumi her prized possession.

After Lyra's untimely end, Yumi was implicated as the murderer by the father in a scheme to retrieve the Timelord's Truesword, but Yumi was already wise to his plan. With a heavy heart, Yumi left Eustia, living off the land with the various skills she learned in town. Living a nomadic lifestyle, Yumi didn't trust people quite the same anymore. She bypassed cities and villages on a number of occasions, only stopping when the circumstances required it such as getting new clothes or tools.

However, Yumi was still too kind-hearted for her own good. On her travels, she saved numerous people. Be it from bandits, beasts, nature, or just poor choices, Yumi saved countless people from tragic mistakes. As a result, there are some tall tales circulating about her as a folk hero of sorts. Giving into her loneliness, she started travelling alongside other adventurers. She has spent every moment up to the present travelling Autrea by foot. And now, Yumi caught word of Lughanta Company. Longing to be a greater force for good in the world, Yumi entered the guild branch office nearest Solar Academy, and the rest is yet to be discovered.

Skills:
  • Dagger Proficiency: Yumi wields a single dagger. She lacks strength, but she makes up for it with speed and deadly precision.
  • Elemental Proficiency: Sol
Talents:
  • Survival: Yumi has survived on her own since a young age. She can hunt, track, and cook like nobody's business.
  • Level-headed: Yumi can keep her cool, even in situations that seem completely unreasonable. No matter what the adventure brings, Yumi keeps her wits about her.
  • Scouting: Yumi excels in sneaking around and gathering information. She can size up armor, weapons, weak points, and other critical information.
Magitek Items:
Timelord's Truesword: The final parting gift of Lyra, and the finest piece of equipment Yumi has ever held. This weapon allows the user to create a time anchor that lasts for fifteen seconds. At any point, the user can return to a time anchor. However, the user must wait 30 seconds between anchor drops. The skill is set to trigger automatically should the user die though it renders the weapon useless for 24 hours. The weapon itself is soulbound to Yumi like a familiar and will remain so until her death.

Important Notes: Yumi only has the physical characteristics of her race(specifically, cat ears, cat tail, and purple eyes), failing to inherit their racial traits. In practice Yumi's racial traits are closer to humans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell no! Someone already took the first theme I wanted >.<

remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_shukusuri_sam.jpg

Name: Sorina Caramitru - Race: Infernal (Blood Devil) - Birthplace: Netherworld​

Biography: Second Daughter of Lord Stelian and Elliana Caramitru, of House Caramitru. While Chaos may reign true in the Netherworld, a sense of order and defense must be allocated against the other powers should the need ever arise. The Family controls one of the Fortresses defending the Gate to the Neither World, the group of Blood Devil's have inherited the fortress for generations, a mark of martial prestige and honor.

Because of this duty, the Caramitru Family tends to send all of it's son's and daughters to the outside world, to learn about enemy capabilities and gain experience in combating various potential threats, to serve in the fortress, it's support camps, or to be married off in the Netherworld's inner politics. Sorina as a result is rather versed in politics, some military matters and is somewhat disciplined and educated as far as Infernal's are concerned, given their own idea's on war this still means she holds many of the traits of her race. Though this upbringing has some negative side effects in term of her personality.

When she came of age, Sorina would embark upon the same journey as many of her kin before, if she were to take the reigns of the fortress or at least some form of officer posting as her birthrate, she must learn to be a seasoned soldier. Lughanta Company was her own choice, either she would fulfill her duty and return home in a few years to fulfill the family interest, or abandon her posting and become a wanderer. A few months have passed since she joined the Company that claims to be the best.

While seemingly odd for one of such a life to join a mercenary band, her Family believes highly in gaining combat experience and their children gaining life experience that training cannot give. Also given the limited number of Camps and the solitary Fortress they cannot hand positions to all of the family. Those who return are given Staff positions, used in political arrangements or inherit the Fortress. Others who stay in the world are allowed to live there own life, but are disowned by family politics. Very rarely does a member of House Caramitru not return within a few years. Carrying with them a wealth of experience, and forging on with the works of the previous generations.

Personality: A bit of a princess sort, she can be rather classist, snobbish, and down putting of others, if not a bit insulting of those below her standing. Primarily concerned with her own amusement and disrupting order she finds negative or boring. Very much a high society type, though she posses the traits of her own kind, often being whimsical and mischievous with some of her dealings. While not as impulsive as most of her kind, she can be angered and prone to impulses in regards to her thin physical frame. Seems to take a form of casual enjoyment in battle, more so in regards to ambushes or feints. Prefers bloody meat disliking cooked food.

On the flip side she is surprisingly generous to those who earn her favor, treat her well, or are allies in good standing. Often curious of others she is a silent, if plotting observer. Prefering Chaos to order, she does see the need in social stability, and while pompous is known for charitable acts, surprisingly agreeable under orders, or following others if it seems to catch her amusement. Seems to think highly of her family and position, and while a bit twisted, has her own sort of honor, tending to honor agreements, though one must be careful to have it in detail, rather than to interpretation.

Skills:

Sanguine Arts Practitioner: Having a more direct connection to the ability Sorina has a better control over it, able to form throwing blades in the air around her, typically forms a lance of blood to battle with, though other weapons and seemingly wings are possible.

Polearm proficiency.

Grappling: In spite of her small size, is rather skilled in close quarters defense and reversals.

Talents

Luna's Shroud
Superior Strength
Enhanced senses.
Horseback Riding
Chess player: Seems to enjoy a game of chess over tea.
Etiquette: Knows court protocol and manners, at least to her own people's standards, tea making and some minor musical instrument talent with the harp and to a limited extent the Piano and pipe organ. Knows how to dance somewhat, though it does not suit her personality.

Notable Magitek Items:

Reservoir of Sanguine: The small gym like item around her neck is magically compressed blood, kept at a stable temperature it acts as an emergency food source for energy usage.

Magitek Defense Cloak: Her ornate cloak is as valuable as the rest of her armor, providing a measure of defense against magical attack.

~~~
Optional information (Can be added later after acceptance): (I plan to do most or all of these later)
Theme Song:
Personal Quote:
Likes & Dislikes:
Opinion on other characters:
etc.

Last edited:
@EmperorsChosen what an ungrateful little shit Since you actually mention his father give me one quick line or something about his mother. Most likely some street whore I asume? Also take out/change the Masterful from being a Swordsman. Otherwise he solid.

@RedArmyShogun is the Neither World something different from the Netherworld? For being an Infernal Noble it seems good enough for what we envision. Though I'd question if her parents would approve of joining some pathethic privateer group for her 'pilgrimage'... then again it's most likely her own decision anyways?

Talents and Skills are good too. So are her items. Though change Gym to Gem.

Last edited:
@EmperorsChosen what an ungrateful little shit Since you actually mention his father give me one quick line or something about his mother. Most likely some street whore I asume? Also take out/change the Masterful from being a Swordsman. Otherwise he solid.

@RedArmyShogun is the Neither World something different from the Netherworld? For being an Infernal Noble it seems good enough for what we envision. Though I'd question if her parents would approve of joining some pathethic privateer group for her 'pilgrimage'... then again it's most likely her own decision anyways?

Talents and Skills are good too. So are her items. Though change Gym to Gem.
No, was just auto correct spacing, I'll correct it. And they pretty much just open the door, go "get battle experience, then come back or piss off" in less than eloquent, and yes I'll correct that. Dunno how I missed that at the time.

Last edited:
I am just adding a few things to Skys' review.

@EmperorsChosen

Kleptomaniac Twin Swordsman Dude!

What I note:
  • Bio: Looks good. He was definitely a Klepto. Just don't try to steal from the Compan or you'll have 300 muscular half-naked men beating him up. >:)
  • Skills: As Skyswimsky said, no 'Master', no PC starts off a Master. So you gotta update the 'Masterful Swordsman' to 'Proficient/Expert/Skilled Swordsman'
  • Talents: All good. I wonder what's 'enduring' for? I assume he can take a beating. If so, good.
  • Magitek Items: Both are good. Note for Steelrune. Obviously it needs Erchius to 'buzz', without it, it won't vibrate. Heh, reminds me of a chainsword from W40K.

Two swords, bro!
Twin fucking swords!!
Heresy!!!

@RedArmyShogun

Finally, a demon who looks like a demon. :D

What I note:
  • Bio: Everything is good. You have already talked about with us in Discord.
  • Personality: Heeee~ she has a berserk button regarding her... lack of curves, huh? :3
  • Skills & Talents: Sanguine Arts can also give you a pair of wings you know, Sorina can fly. That and armor/shields.
  • "Polearm proficiency." to "Weapon Expertise: Polearm"
  • "Grappling" to "Unarmed Combat: Grappling"
  • Horseback Riding is fine, but she won't see much use for it in the RP. Why ride horses when you can fly?
  • Magitek Items: They are good, but I suggest giving her cloak a fancy name? Like... "Scarlet Veil"?
  • Is her armor magitek too? Or mundane? If the former, you gotta put it in the items list.

Ojou-sama, you're finally a grown up. Your head maid is so proud.

@Skyswimsky
some pathethic privateer group

I'll rip Laura's wings off then drop her off the ship, pleb. Fall From Grace genderbent style. :devil:

@☆Luna☆

Aha! The RP's mascot is finally here! Welcome Chomusuke Yumi!

What I note:
  • Bio: We have talked about it, it's good.
  • Skills & Talents: "Scouting" should be in Talents. Might also change the wording, you can't get *all* that info "at a glance", Yumi still have to focus on her target just as how big cats do it.
  • Elemental Proficiency, Light as in Sol, no? All good.
  • Magitek Item: We have talked about the Time sword. This version is all good. However, I must note that it can still be broken. Nothing is invincible in SM, even the Universe itself can be destroyed. As such, she better protect it well.
  • Important Notes: So that means, cat ears and tail? Or just cat ears? :3

Homura-chan... I don't want... to become a monster...

With this, the Interest Check is now officially

CLOSED!!

Finish up your fixes guys, cause I will posting the Character Index thread soon and you have to move your - finalized - CS there.

Character Index Link

Then, I will make the OOC thread (Tho I really recommend joining the Discord Server instead).

And finally, the IC thread.

Last edited:
Dahn and rede to go. I ain't touching Herman's CS anymore unless I feel like making a Character Banner for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.