• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
David was trying to be quiet for the most part- to avoid attracting Grimm of any kind and then, because it was his luck, a guy decided that it was a good time to scream in his goddamn ear. He put a hand over his lip and responded by looking him in the eyes. "S-s-sure, but be q-q-quiet, we don't want to attract any G-g-grimm," he said, still stuttering. Goddamnit, he still sucked at talking to other humans or even Faunus.

@Yun Lee

@Hospes @BlueFlameNikku
Kwame shot some finger guns David's way with a smile, and without a word started working on his thread trap. From all that stuttering it sounded like the poor guy was nervous. That's all good, maybe he could teach him to relax? "Can I get your name, at least?" Kwame whispered as he worked his way to David's side. "Considering we're gonna be partners now, we should know each other's names. I'm Kwame von Spinne."
@LuckycoolHawk9

@BlueFlameNikku @Hospes

Shizune still had to take a few more seconds, but eventually she stood back up and took a breath as she stared off in the direction whatever the hell had ran.

"Sure. I'll be able to keep up, so just focus on catching up or at least keeping pace with it." she said with a stiff a nod as she reattached the grapple spike to Tebiki's pommel. The brush with danger (even if they'd eventually learn it wasn't a grimm) had wiped the grin off her face, and she just waited quietly for Alcander to start his run before she grappled onto a tree in the distance and sent herself rapelling off towards it to launch herself in the air in pursuit

@Crimson Spartan @Hospes @QuakeUPSB @Minerva
Alcander gave a slow nod before taking a deep breath. Stepping back a few feet from Shizune he closed his eyes before using his gauntlets to surround himself with fire from his fire dust. He could be seen absorbing the fire before opening his eyes and suddenly darting off in the direction of the commotion. His speed being fast enough to make it difficult for some to track his movements as he moved appearing as a blur.

He didn't quite know what to expect but hoped that if it was a Grimm he was running towards (which it wasn't, but he doesn't know that : 3 ) he could get the drop on it as he had done so many times against isolated Grimm back when he was on his own.

@Minerva @Schnee Corp Lawyer @QuakeUPSB @Hospes

David looked over at him and wasn't sure what he was doing. There wasn't much he could do in the way of asking and decided to remain quiet about the matter, feeling that it would be a serious situation. He looked over at him and could answer that. " D-D-david," he said, deciding not to give the last name on purpose. His father's last name was certainly a legacy that he would have to live up to. He had a feeling that no matter how hard he tried, he would be in his shadow.

@Yun Lee

@BlueFlameNikku @Hospes

Liliya was completely unsure on how to respond to this, especially with how Windia was all over her. Was her strange Semblance that adorable? Or was it more of her behavior being found out as the cute part of her? Either way, she was seriously flustered, and didn't know what to say until it came to business as to what they had to do.

"O-Oh... um... I'm Liliya..."

Well, they were going to be a temporary team, so Liliya figured that it was common sense to say her name to them.

@C.T. @Accelerator
"Pleased to meetcha! Teanna." She introduced in turn, gesturing at herself before peering over her shoulder. "Audrey, of course who--"

"Is not a tsundere."

"...Right. Moving on...yeah, I support that plan. Makes sense to me, shouldn't be too hard, right?"

"It will suffice. And perhaps some information about what we all can do should be shared."

@Accelerator @Gummi Bunnies
[fieldbox= Windia Milkyway, Turquoise, solid]
Z0BlzM1.png

For a brief moment, Windia momentarily let go of her militaristic persona to giggle a bit when she heard Audrey's outright refusal of being referred to as a Tsundere. The more time she spends with the blonde, the more she's sure that she would be a fun target for her mischievous antics. In fact, should the four of them really end up becoming a legitimate team, Windia was confident that she could "handle" all of them, specially Audrey. After all, she's like a genderbent version of Ael, and he could handle her, as long as she doesn't do anything that's both crazy and life threatening at the same time.

"'Yknow, the more you deny being a tsundere, the more you affirm being one. I'm seriously shipping you with my friend now. I just know you two would make a great pair!" She teased Audrey one more time in a conspiring manner, adding a wink at the end to deliver the full effect of her jest.

"And it's very nice to meet you too, Liliya. I'm really looking forward to our time together in Eden!" was her enthusiastic response to the nervous Liliya when she regarded her.

Shortly afterwards, her serious side returned once more to address Audrey's request.

"Well, since Liliya here already showed us what she could do... and since it would be rude to make you show what your semblance does next since you're the one who asked first...."

With an impish grin, she equipped her beloved crossbow, Zephyrus, and fired an explosive bolt to a nearby tree to her right. However, before it could hit the tree, Windia stretched her right arm toward the arrow bolt and it suddenly shot up in a straight vertical line. Unfortunately, said bolt hit a passing Nevermore, resulting in a rather big explosion. However, the explosion seems to not be enough to put it down for good and now they had an extremely pissed Nevermore glaring at the four girls before it rapidly descended towards them.

"Oops..."

Grabbing Liliya by the hand, she turned towards Teanna and Audrey and smiled at them nervously.

"Semblance Later, Run and Survive Now!" She exclaimed.

Then, carrying Liliya in a princess-style fashion, Windia signaled the two other girls to follow her before she hopped off the tree branch and run deeper into the forest. That isn't to say that she completely abandoned Teanna and Audrey. Every few meters, she would stop and provide cover fire for the two girls, using only normal arrow bolts of course. She was afraid she'd accidentally impale them if she used scatter bolts, melt them if she used acid bolts, or blow them to smithereens if she used explosive bolts, so until they could assume appropriate battle positions, this was the best she could do for now.

@C.T. @Gummi Bunnies

[/fieldbox]

Hazel Sterling
@Accellerator @Minerva @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Hospes

Looks like she hadn't just attracted one Grimm by focusing her negative emotions in order to lure one in... Oh no; it was an entire pack of Beowolves no less, but yet, she didn't intend to flee the battle.

Her eyes darted from one creature to the next, in an attempt to anticipate their movements as she made sure to keep track of every one. They were pretty basic creatures, and she had a distinct idea of the strategy they were going to undertake...

With their pack-like mentality, they often surrounded their prey, intending to confuse, and blindside them with a co-ordinated attack, catching their opponent by surprise before aiming to finish them off.

Thus, she anticipated the lone Beowolf preparing to lunge for her, having caught its distinct movements from the corner of her eye... Carefully keeping track of it as it moved closer and closer, she kept a tight grip on her weapon. Sure, she feared failure, of which she made no effort to suppress, despite doing her best to keep her facial expression as neutral as possible but it was that very feeling that would drive her to succeed.

After all, fear was her most reliable weapon, given her semblance.

The Beowolf drew closer, and closer... With Hazel feigning ignorance of its presense the whole time, and as it leapt, a yellowish glint suddenly shone in her eyes, and she lunged forwards, aiming to intercept it in midair, ending it's life... But, just before she was able to spear the creature, intending to finish it off with a shot from her weapon, it was suddenly cleaved in half by... Someone else?

Evidently far from accustomed to having help, a distinct expression of surprise crossed her face as she diverted herself in just the nick of time, landing a short distance from where she had originally been.

That initial expression of surprise on her face quickly shifted to a more furious one as she shot a rather fearsome glare the one who had intervened.

"Oy... OY!!! That was my-...!" She suddenly trailed off.

Evidently by her shouting, she had been less than appreciative of this gesture, as well intentioned as it could have been... But, as she was busy yelling at Ael, she had inadvertantly made eye contact with him, which she had only just now remembered the significance of...

"Kill..." She growled.

Well, she was still mad, but it would appear as if it was more directed towards herself now, seeing as what she had just done, but that didn't make her any less hostile, even as she responded to his inquiry about her having a partner.

"Well... I do NOW, don't I?!!" She yelled, her voice revertabrating around the forest.

It was only then that she realized her tactical error; her shouts were likely to attract more local Grimm, but hey... Maybe some others nearby might be able to hear her?

In either case, the distinct growls from the Beowolves brought her attention back to her initial plan of action; kill some Grimm, find an artifact, and get the hell out of here.

Except, unless she wanted to get kicked out of Eden Academy before she even properly attended... She had a partner now, thanks to her foolish mistake just now.

"Ah whatever... Just stay outta my way!" She muttered, trying to keep her voice in check this time.

Looks like she was far from accustomed to actually communicating in the midst of battle, so much so that she had alot less restraint in that department than she probably should have.

But hey... At least she was a quick learner, right? (Even if she seemed to be also just as quick to anger.)​
[fieldbox= Aelius Cedomir, Gold, solid]
x5YrAFq.png

Meanwhile, Ael was surprised at how the damsel in distress didn't appear to be particulary appreciative of being rescued. In fact, instead of being a delicate maiden, this girl was acting like a raging gamer who was accusing him of performing a Kill Steal when he cleaved that Beowulf in half.

It certainly didn't look like she was happy being partnered with him but since the rules clearly stated that the first person a student makes eye contact with upon arriving in this area would be his/her partner for the next four years, the brown-haired girl didn't have any choice for the matter.

So, Hazel begrudgingly accepted the fact of being partnered with the blonde knight. Contrary to her reaction to their sudden pairing, however, Ael was absolutely ecstatic to be partnered with the grumpy brunette. The way she outright lashed at him and glared at him murderously... he could not be mistaken. This girl had the potential to be a real life tsundere so he was thankful he came to her aid and consequently became her partner. After all, it'd certainly be interesting to spend the next four years together with one.

"I can't exactly stay out of your way while you're hell bent on killing every grimm on sight here. This isn't a competition you know. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who kills the grimm as long as it's dead. Though, I guess we can compromise. As long as it doesn't put your life in immediate danger, I'll let you kill these mutts. That said, you can't expect me to just idly stand by while you do all the work right?" Ael told Hazel nonchalantly as he smiled at her.

That smile was immediately replaced by a frown when he heard a rustling sound getting closer and louder, as if it was heading straight towards them accompanied by the sound of falling timber. Then, all of a sudden, a Deathstalker came crashing out of the trees and it certainly didn't look as pleased as Ael when it saw Hazel. Unknown to Ael, the scorpion-Grimm was led to their location by the combination of Hazel's semblance and shouting when she threw a tantrum earlier.

"Oh you've got to be shitting me right now..." Ael yelled while gripping his sword tightly.

"Fight, or Run? I'm not confident we could take that thing down with just the two of us so running seems like the better option, don't you think?" He asked Hazel in a shaky voice, eyeing the Deathstalker as it got ever closer to them.

Regardless of her answer, Ael was just about ready to drag Hazel out of there, or even carry her, if need be. One of the most important lessons Ingram taught him is to know one's limits before steadily attempting to overcome them. Fighting this Deathstalker with just the two of them isn't steady at all and Ael wasn't about to bite off more than he could chew. They needed to find other students who'd be able to help them take down the creature. And they needed to do it fast.

@york @Minerva @Schnee Corp Lawyer

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: York
Franky enjoyed the wonderful expression and applause he was receiving for what he had done. Not enough to make him blush or anything like that but he'd admit to himself that he hadn't received praise anywhere close to that...for a long time. While Bianca stowed her weapon he only placed his Taser Duster back into his pocket; continuing to open carry his primary weapon. I think I may enjoy my stay at this academy more than I expected. He thought to himself before refocusing himself.

His smile softening to a more casual one as Franky's hand was tugged by her; assuming she wanted to lead for the time being. "Ok, I'll follow your lead. But don't go getting any ideas that that makes you the boss or anything." He chuckles before promptly walking alongside his new found acquaintance through this test.

While traveling along he does occasionally pipe up with random chatter; despite the conversation being as one sided as it is he still appreciates whatever responses he receives. He mentions about where the hell these tokens might be, what Eden may actually look like and whether the food will be good or bad; things of that nature.

[/fieldbox]

x5YrAFq.png

Meanwhile, Ael was surprised at how the damsel in distress didn't appear to be particulary appreciative of being rescued. In fact, instead of being a delicate maiden, this girl was acting like a raging gamer who was accusing him of performing a Kill Steal when he cleaved that Beowulf in half.

It certainly didn't look like she was happy being partnered with him but since the rules clearly stated that the first person a student makes eye contact with upon arriving in this area would be his/her partner for the next four years, the brown-haired girl didn't have any choice for the matter.

So, Hazel begrudgingly accepted the fact of being partnered with the blonde knight. Contrary to her reaction to their sudden pairing, however, Ael was absolutely ecstatic to be partnered with the grumpy brunette. The way she outright lashed at him and glared at him murderously... he could not be mistaken. This girl had the potential to be a real life tsundere so he was thankful he came to her aid and consequently became her partner. After all, it'd certainly be interesting to spend the next four years together with one.

"I can't exactly stay out of your way while you're hell bent on killing every grimm on sight here. This isn't a competition you know. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who kills the grimm as long as it's dead. Though, I guess we can compromise. As long as it doesn't put your life in immediate danger, I'll let you kill these mutts. That said, you can't expect me to just idly stand by while you do all the work right?" Ael told Hazel nonchalantly as he smiled at her.

That smile was immediately replaced by a frown when he heard a rustling sound getting closer and louder, as if it was heading straight towards them accompanied by the sound of falling timber. Then, all of a sudden, a Deathstalker came crashing out of the trees and it certainly didn't look as pleased as Ael when it saw Hazel. Unknown to Ael, the scorpion-Grimm was led to their location by the combination of Hazel's semblance and shouting when she threw a tantrum earlier.

"Oh you've got to be shitting me right now..." Ael yelled while gripping his sword tightly.

"Fight, or Run? I'm not confident we could take that thing down with just the two of us so running seems like the better option, don't you think?" He asked Hazel in a shaky voice, eyeing the Deathstalker as it got ever closer to them.

Regardless of her answer, Ael was just about ready to drag Hazel out of there, or even carry her, if need be. One of the most important lessons Ingram taught him is to know one's limits before steadily attempting to overcome them. Fighting this Deathstalker with just the two of them isn't steady at all and Ael wasn't about to bite off more than he could chew. They needed to find other students who'd be able to help them take down the creature. And they needed to do it fast.

[/fieldbox]
Hazel Sterling
@Hospes @Accelerator @Minerva @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Hazel huffed, rolling her eyes at what Ael was saying... It was hard to say if she was even listening, but in the end, she just growled, appearing to have realized that in order to follow the rules, they at least needed to come to some sort of agreement.

"Fine! Just don't come cryin' if I hurt ya!" She muttered.

Well, at least she wasn't shouting anymore... Instead, she surveyed her surroundings, snarling a little towards the remaining Beowolves that still had them surrounded. Specifically, she was on the lookout for the alpha of the group; he would pose the biggest threat, and ultimately... The best challenge yet.

However, she didn't have too much time for that sort of thing, as a rumbling noise in the distance, followed by some distinct skittering sounds, causing the Beowolves around them to flee into the forest for the moment. Even before the Deathstalker burst through the treeline, Hazel already had a distinct feeling what it was... But even so, she seemed unphased, staring down the creature, almost as if taunting it.

The answer to Ael's question seemed pretty simple, at least to Hazel; this was her shining moment... Her chance to finally fight one of the "big 'uns" she'd dreamed of fighting.

After all, if she could handle an Ursa, a Deathstalker shouldn't be that hard, right?

She smirked a little, adjusting her battle stance just a little before she finally spoke, making her decision more or less official.

"Easy... Let's ruuumble!" She declared.

Then, with a ferocious battle cry, she charged forwards, that yellow glint shining in her eyes again... And in a distinct, yellowish blur, she charged forwards, intending to spear the creature directly through it's head, roughly where there appeared to be a distinct red dot on it's front... Almost like a target.

When her spear met the Deathstalker's armor though... Despite her semblance giving her a distinct advantage in speed and durability, the strength it gave her now was evidently not enough to pierce its armor, as the negative emotions she may have felt in the heat of the moment... Weren't strong enough to produce the effect she had anticipated

Thus, instead of a crunching noise, followed by a sudden stop, as she had expected, she found her spear being deflected off of its tough carapace with a distinct clanging noise.

Well, that was disappointing, wasn't it?

A frustrated growl escaped her lips as she realized the battle was... Not going to work out the way she had hoped; unlike the slower, and softer ursa, of which she could easily maneuver, the Deathstalker was a more formideable foe... A balance of raw strength, agility, and ontop of it all, encased in a seemingly impenetrable shell.

For the first time since that moment had discovered her semblance... She was outclassed.

Normally, she would have taken the hint and left, but now that she wasn't alone, older instincts, dating back to her bandit days compelled her to keep fighting... To avoid showing signs of weakness.

As she had already begun the fight... She was committed; she couldn't turn back now, or at least, her ego refused to let her, something that normally wouldn't have been a problem when she was on her own.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the creature's stinger rearing up, preparing for a strike... And in an instant, she felt fear well up in her gut, just like what had happened back with her fellow bandits...

Except this time, she knew exactly what to do.

Concentrating as intently as she could, she suddenly teleported herself a short distance away from her original position; just enough distance off to the side to dodge the strike from the stinger.

To the naked eye, it merely looked like she had dodged to the side in an impressive feat of speed and agility.

As her efforts continued, with her striking the creature over and over in various places, and dodging, or outright blocking the blows being sent her way... It was evident that she was straining herself.

Though one would likely chalk it down to Hazel over-exerting herself in battle... Deep down, she knew it was something more; that teleportation ability of hers was usefull in times of great need... But as she had to constantly use it to avoid a fatal blow from the Deathstalker's stinger... It was quickly beginning to wear her out, and, frankly... If someone didn't intervene, her ego would truly be the death of her.

Her aura had already sustained damage from a few lucky shots from the Deathstalker... And there was no telling just how much longer she'd last if she kept going like this.​

Last edited:
Well, at least he wasn't one to turn his back when a fight began. Midna respected that in a person, being more of a headstrong person than the retreat type. Regardless, she followed Angus soon after, leaping into the air and backing him up in his assault on the creatures of Grimm. While Angus took a more animalistic approach, Midna's movements were calculated and graceful. A slash here, a twirl or a jump there, a small burst of flame to keep the creature at bay before following up with a punch to the skull...

Okay. That part was less graceful.

In any case, battle waging on, the blonde fought vigorously against the creature of her choosing while Angus took on one of the others. But, in putting her focus on one creature alone, she was blindsided by the third- butted aside and sent skidding for a few moments like nothing. With a growl of annoyance, Midna swiftly got back to her feet, rolling her shoulder momentarily before leading right back into her previous tactic of now slightly less calculated slashes. Only difference being now, it was two on one.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
Angus knew how to deal with that. Like any law of nature really, despite these creatures make up and the stories centered around them. Monsters under the bed, whispers of how they were made up of madness and lost souls. Out in the wild, learning his skills and his semblance the solution once you got down to it, was simple.

You became the bigger fish in the lake.

....No pun intended. A snarl crossed his features as he breathed out slowly, something hard starting to enter his eyes as he forced himself to get angry. Get enraged. Think about the loneliness. Think about what people must have thought of the hick from the sticks. Think about all the sneers and all the things, they must have whispered or thought of.

And when the Grimm came his way, Angus responded with a savage roar so different from his prior cool and committed air. It was savage, bestial...

Grimm.

4881646-7982914318-1IDkp.gif

Aura coated him, encasing the boy in a suit of armor. An animal howl emitted from the helm crafted, and he was almost giant-size in his rising wrath.

And with a thundering charge for the Grimm as Angus made himself a target, he reached out his arms to grip the beast's head, and if he managed to take hold?

Crack

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGHHHH!!!"

The visage of the Black Knight turned towards the Grimm affecting his partner, banging an impromptu gauntlet on his chestplate before charging once more.

On the plus side for anyone in the area, it'd be easy to find them now if they wanted.

The downside, was that so would the Grimm.

@Hospes

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
Duke Velos

Duke had only walked a couple hundred feet when he heard a loud commotion behind him. It sounded as if someone else had landed in the lake, only not so "gracefully" as he had moments ago. Duke thought about continuing forwards in order to find the token he needed, but realized that having two people would probably make it a lot easier for both of them. As he pondered on what direction to take, he heard a faint a little tune dancing across the wind from the river. Whoever had just landed didn't seem to be in all that awful a mood, apparently. Duke's curiosity got the better of him, and the young man turned back, headed towards the river. After a couple paces, Duke squinted, noticing a young woman with red hair a couple yards ahead of him. Judging by her appearance, it was clear she either had a unique fashion sense or had experienced a couple unexpected issues with her landing strategy. With a quick shout, Duke broke into a light jog to catch up with her.

"Hey! Excuse me!"
Duke called, waving and jumping in an attempt to get the stranger's attention. "Do you know how to get to the Academy?"

@Ringmaster

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT
She turned on the spot, light as a pantheress on her feet as she looked at him. It seemed like an eon at first, that penetrating gaze staring. Empires rose and fell, mountains crumbled in their geolithic lifestyle. A new ice age came and went, Ragnarok approached and was called off, due to scheduling conflicts. Finally, the vaguely punk-looking Atlas native pointed at the tree next to her.

"Dude, I think I circled three times to this tree since I landed, so fuck if I know."

@QuakeUPSB

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Franky enjoyed the wonderful expression and applause he was receiving for what he had done. Not enough to make him blush or anything like that but he'd admit to himself that he hadn't received praise anywhere close to that...for a long time. While Bianca stowed her weapon he only placed his Taser Duster back into his pocket; continuing to open carry his primary weapon. I think I may enjoy my stay at this academy more than I expected. He thought to himself before refocusing himself.

His smile softening to a more casual one as Franky's hand was tugged by her; assuming she wanted to lead for the time being. "Ok, I'll follow your lead. But don't go getting any ideas that that makes you the boss or anything." He chuckles before promptly walking alongside his new found acquaintance through this test.

While traveling along he does occasionally pipe up with random chatter; despite the conversation being as one sided as it is he still appreciates whatever responses he receives. He mentions about where the hell these tokens might be, what Eden may actually look like and whether the food will be good or bad; things of that nature.

Seeming to be satisfied with the fact that Franky was more than willing to follow her, Bianca gave what looked to be a small giggle at his comment about her not being the leader, though no sound came from her even then. Even so, at least the gesture didn't seem to hurt, despite the nasty looking scar on her neck, as she continued happily tugging the boy along by the hand, navigating the woods with practiced ease as though they were her second home. Or perhaps even her first one, though telling where she was from was next to impossible with her mute state.

Despite the fact that she obviously knew something about where they were going, it seemed like they wandered for quite a time, the female never taking pause or seeming to doubt her sense of direction. Well, okay, eventually she paused in her movements, but only upon hearing a sound nearby, judging by the way her ears flicked and how abruptly she halted. With a steely gaze, she glanced around, trying to determine the source of the sound, before seeming to brighten again. Suddenly leaping back into movement, she waved Franky to follow her after finally releasing his hand, before bounding off and occasionally glancing to be sure he followed. And, if he did, the two would soon stumble upon another pair of students.

David and Kwame.

Cheerfully, the mute waved, evidently not the most excited that they'd found other students before the relics they needed... But excited to some extent, nonetheless. A sentiment she hoped her new partner would share. Regardless of whether he did or not, though, perhaps having a couple of others with them would make finding the designated relics a tad easier.

@BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9
Angus knew how to deal with that. Like any law of nature really, despite these creatures make up and the stories centered around them. Monsters under the bed, whispers of how they were made up of madness and lost souls. Out in the wild, learning his skills and his semblance the solution once you got down to it, was simple.

....No pun intended. A snarl crossed his features as he breathed out slowly, something hard starting to enter his eyes as he forced himself to get angry. Get enraged. Think about the loneliness. Think about what people must have thought of the hick from the sticks. Think about all the sneers and all the things, they must have whispered or thought of.

And when the Grimm came his way, Angus responded with a savage roar so different from his prior cool and committed air. It was savage, bestial...

Grimm.

Aura coated him, encasing the boy in a suit of armor. An animal howl emitted from the helm crafted, and he was almost giant-size in his rising wrath.

And with a thundering charge for the Grimm as Angus made himself a target, he reached out his arms to grip the beast's head, and if he managed to take hold?

Crack

The visage of the Black Knight turned towards the Grimm affecting his partner, banging an impromptu gauntlet on his chestplate before charging once more.

On the plus side for anyone in the area, it'd be easy to find them now if they wanted.

@Hospes

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy

"..."

Huh. Well, that was new. Pausing for a long few moments to stare at the armored beast, Midna's dark blue eyes and pale features remained... Surprisingly unsurprised. It wasn't as though she'd been expecting the transformation or something, but she'd seen crazier things. Besides, he had warned her his semblance activated when he got angry... Which, she took it that he had. In any case, to her luck, her pause went unnoticed by the creatures of Grimm, who had locked their sights on the boy-turned-beast. Which, was also unlucky, because like hell was Midna going to sit back and let him take them all down. In fact, she was mildly offended by the idea, as though this boy thought she couldn't handle herself.

Challenge accepted.

Eyes narrowing, and taking the distraction Angus had provided to her advantage, Midna charged one of the creatures and launched a powerful kick in aims of staggering it, following up immediately with two slashes to it's unguarded belly as it stumbled. With an enraged cry, it was soon back at it, but Midna was prepared and acted quickly, performing a slide right under the thing as it leapt and cleaving it in two as she went under. So, that was two down. Handy. One more to go, and Midna herself converted her weapon to it's flamethrower state, aiming to distract the beast.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy

Duke Velos

Duke facepalmed, heaving a sigh.

"Shit. Well alright. Well..you're the first person I've run into since we landed, so unless you met someone else while wandering around, I take it we're partners." The Rook extended his arm in a friendly shake.

"Name's Duke. What's yours?" The teen asked as he looked around, trying to discern some way to figure out exactly where they needed to go....

@Ringmaster

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"..."

Huh. Well, that was new. Pausing for a long few moments to stare at the armored beast, Midna's dark blue eyes and pale features remained... Surprisingly unsurprised. It wasn't as though she'd been expecting the transformation or something, but she'd seen crazier things. Besides, he had warned her his semblance activated when he got angry... Which, she took it that he had. In any case, to her luck, her pause went unnoticed by the creatures of Grimm, who had locked their sights on the boy-turned-beast. Which, was also unlucky, because like hell was Midna going to sit back and let him take them all down. In fact, she was mildly offended by the idea, as though this boy thought she couldn't handle herself.

Challenge accepted.

Eyes narrowing, and taking the distraction Angus had provided to her advantage, Midna charged one of the creatures and launched a powerful kick in aims of staggering it, following up immediately with two slashes to it's unguarded belly as it stumbled. With an enraged cry, it was soon back at it, but Midna was prepared and acted quickly, performing a slide right under the thing as it leapt and cleaving it in two as she went under. So, that was two down. Handy. One more to go, and Midna herself converted her weapon to it's flamethrower state, aiming to distract the beast.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
Regardless whether the fire hit it or not, the lone Grimm remaining would find itself tackled by the immense Black Knight.

Followed by repeated blows and smashing against the ground, ignoring the flames that flickered around it in favor of pure fury.

@Hospes
Duke Velos

Duke facepalmed, heaving a sigh.

"Shit. Well alright. Well..you're the first person I've run into since we landed, so unless you met someone else while wandering around, I take it we're partners." The Rook extended his arm in a friendly shake.

"Name's Duke. What's yours?" The teen asked as he looked around, trying to discern some way to figure out exactly where they needed to go....
She barked a laugh.

"Aqua Dakkar. Most bitchin' Rocker Eden's ever gonna see."

She frowned and looked at their surroundings.

"...Well, when we get there. Fair warning, dominant mind is a good-two shoes. So if I get a stick shoved up my ass, don't take it personal." She swung the Mace over her shoulder and walked off....In a completely random direction.

Maps were for dweebs anyway.

@QuakeUPSB

Chapter One: Free Fallin'

The journey had admittedly been a long one, that much was for sure. Lasting two days, the soon-to-be students of Eden likely found themselves tired of being on the aircraft at some point during the journey, despite the surely made friends and allies they'd come to know. If only somewhat. After all, everyone has a secret, and the teens were certainly no exception. But I digress, whether the young heroes- and less than such -enjoyed or disliked the ride, they likely wouldn't enjoy the way it came to an end. The tip top of the morning, before the sun had even risen, they would come to a rude awakening. A loud, deep voice blaring over the speakers of the entire craft, undoubtedly jolting any and all passengers awake in the cabins. Or, well, wherever it was they'd happened to fall asleep in.

Or, if you were Midna, where you hadn't been sleeping at all.

Throughout the ship, an apparation appeared to the students, standing tall but casual with hands clasped behind it's back. A man, bespectacled, with orange hair and nice dress, the hologram staring at the group as though the man were truly there and able to see them all. Which, given the craft was surely equipped with cameras all around, he likely could. Regardless, with a brief adjustment of his glasses, he gave a wave before replacing his hands behind his back. "Good morning, students," came a voice through the speakers as the hologram's shining teal eyes regarded them. "I apologize for the rude awakening, and I understand you'd rather be asleep at this time. A sentiment that I can assure you, I share." Humor. Well, at least he wasn't a complete stick in the ass. "However, I'm here to inform you- you've all safely arrived at Eden Academy." A pause. "Well... Almost."

Oh, great. Of course there was a catch.

"As you all are likely aware, I'm the headmaster of Eden. Solomon Oran. As such, it falls upon me to inform you that arriving at my academy is sadly not as simple as catching a ride from my associates- the gentlemen and ladies on board with you," he mused, openly gesturing with his arm. "While you've all passed your examination tests, proving your capability to attend the prestigious Eden, there is one final trial you must undergo before your arrival." Taking a moment to step to the side, seeming more comfortable in movement, the man continued. "This may seem like a review to many of you, but Ashea is home to many a woodland, the densest and harshest of which surrounds our very school. We consider it a line of defense, not many wishing to venture through it with the numbers of the creatures of Grimm within. You lot, on the other hand, well... You'll be doing precisely that."

A smile grew on the man's face, and he turned before adjusting his glasses once more and straightening his tie. "Now, then, as you may have noticed, despite my statement that you have arrived where you'll be being dropped off, your craft has not ceased moving, has it?" Well, the likely groggy students would in fact notice that they were still moving along, despite this claim, indeed. As though to accentuate this fact, abruptly, a hatch opened beneath one of the student's cots, the one that held an unfortunate Qing You Xia and Aelius Cedomir, sending the two students free falling to the woods from the airborne craft. "Well, that would be because you'll be practicing your landing strategies and making sure you cannot easily be caught off guard. Expect the unexpected, and you'll find it hard to be surprised. Anyhow, don't worry for your friends, there. After all, you were all briefed on how you'd receive your partners and teammates before your journey here began, no? But I suppose I can give you a quick recap."

With that, he continued. "You'll be dropped off on the outskirts of the forest surrounding the academy, filled to the brim with Grimm and other creatures that may wish you harm. In the very center of the woodlands, you will find our academy. However, before you may enter, you must find a token, of sorts. Spread throughout the woods, two of which at every alter. Of which, there are eleven. In addition, whoever you first lay eyes upon once you've landed will be your partner for the years to follow. That said, I do hope none of you tried to cheat and pre-plan a team." Knowingly, he winked, before giving a final wave. "Now, then. I'll be seeing you all shortly. Try your best to stay alive, yeah?"

And so, one by one, the students would find hatches opening under them, dropping them into the sky. Whether they were ready... Or not.

rsz_1screenshot_12_by_teh_zombish-dawm5dm.png

"Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Ahahahaha!" exclaimed a girl who entered the free fall with a particularly large amount of excitement. Stretching her arms out to her sides, she relished the feeling of the wind rushing up against her skin as she fell, blowing her black hair about, running against the fur of her white tiger ears pleasantly. Laughing with pure joy, she whipped out Night Tearer, flipping the weapon open into it's Tessen form. Continuing to laugh heartily, she brought the two war fans downward as she came close to the treetops she'd be landing through, causing a gust of wind that kept her up moments longer. Just long enough, more specifically, to switch Night Tearer into it's shield form, curling into a ball behind it, crashing through the trees before switching positions so that it was beneath her feet. Using the thing like a surfboard, she sped down a slope, smiling all the while.

"Wooooooohooo!"

Less excitedly, another fell, dual sickles in hand and cloak skillfully concealing her wolf tail she worked so hard to hide from the world. Long, wavy blonde hair rippled in the wind much like the dark fabric of her cloak as she fell. With but a small grunt signifying her minor exerted effort, she slammed through the leaves, skillfully hooking her sickle off a thick tree branch and easily swinging off of it with her already gathered speed. She landed on the ground in a roll, ending on her feet in the end before brushing herself off.

Hmph. Well enough.

In any case, the students were dropped off in fairly different areas. Windia, Teanna, Audrey, and Liliya found themselves on the western outskirts of the forest. Unluckily for them, it appeared the outskirts were lined with many a detour, thick vines and undergrowth making navigation difficult.

@Accelerator @C.T. @Gummi Bunnies

Mona, Duviel, Duke, and Aqua found themselves closer to the Northeastern areas of the woodlands, a little further in. The area was near a peculiar body of water, looking to be perfectly clear, with the shadows from the treetops cast over the water.

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @QuakeUPSB @Ringmaster

David, Aria, Franky, and Kwame, meanwhile, found themselves further to the East, in an area that seemed a bit more forgiving. Flowers of various shades laid around, and the trees were not stirred by even a breeze. But it seemed almost as though a bit too calm.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @FrozenOcelot @BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee

Shizune, Alcander, Gainsborough, and Felix landed to the South of the rest, in what seemed like a bit of a valley.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @QuakeUPSB

A more meadowy area was where Soneri, Eshell, Midna, and Angus found themselves landing, though it was still littered with various trees and other vegetation.

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy @Hospes @Ringmaster

Aelius, Mason, Tiara, and Hazel wound up surrounded by trees and... A growling could be heard nearby where Aelius and Hazel had ended up, more specifically. That couldn't be good.

@Accelerator @Mason Moretti @Accelerator @york

Finally, Joylu, Lilac, Qing, and Erin landed deeper in the woodlands, For now, it seemed like things were safe enough, but one could never be too careful.

@True Ending Eliza @Valentyne @OrlandoBloomers @TyranntX

But hey, at least the sun had finally risen. It was the dawn of a new day, and, more than that? It was time for their days at Eden to begin.​
Mason Moretti Chapter One
Trial By Fire

Mason was having this wild, insane dream where he was falling out of an airship. He had never ridden on one before, and the motions of the air had shaken his dreams and made him uncomfortable. As he woke from his startling dream, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he heard vague grumblings from a bespectacled hologram. His senses were dull and groggy, so he could barely make out what the man was saying. All he could make out was something about pairing up with the first person you see and a landing strategy.

A much clearer lesson would be given as he watched some of his fellow new recruits of Eden being dropped into the woodlands below. He realized what he would have to do and began preparing. Quickly, he brushed his hair out of his face and gave himself a quick pat-down to check all the pockets of his coat. He affirmed that at his right hip was his pistol, ready for action, and at his left hip was his spare cartridges of ammunition. He next brought the locket from his chest up to his face and quickly opened it. Three heart-shaped boxes folded out from the center, each holding a different color of Dust: one a fiery red, one an electric yellow, and one a deep and heavy purple. At the center of the locket remained a picture of four Faunus smiling in front of a village home on a anowy mountain. A smile creeped its way onto Mason's face and a tear rolled down his cheek. He folded up the containers of Dust into his locket and let it drop down to rest around his neck. He stood into a low squat, wiping away his tear as the trapdoor gave out from under him.

In free fall, Mason's heart raced. The roar of the wind and the pounding of his heart battled for supremacy in his sensitive ears. The sea of green below fast approaching, Mason began executing some sort of a plan. Reaching into his supply of aura, his hands began to glow with a soft light. The soft light grew brighter as his hands began feeling an intense heat. Mason prepared to use his Semblance. He struck his hands together in a mighty clap as he used his Semblance, creating a burst of flame that sent him careening sideways in the air.

Mason used his new diagnol velocity as an opportunity to grab the tops of trees as he came flying by. His hands found grip onto a tree and it began to bend. The force of the tree resisting its bend and the branches of surrounding trees in the densely packed forest were enough to carefully lower Mason's velocity and keep him from becoming a wolfy pancake.

Mason was able to safely able to hop out of the branches and onto the ground below. However, as he was in the trees, had failed one important matter: turning off his Semblance. Not only did he needlessly burn aura, there was now a fire currently needlessly burning the trees around him. And to make matters worse, he could hear the telltale growling of a Grimm nearby.

So, to recap: Mason successfully makes it to the ground, starts aforest fire, and is currently somewhere close to a Grimm.

He began to panic slightly, as a fire like this could cause all kinds of trouble. He quickly wracked his brain for a solution. His hands flew to his hips. His right hand grabbed his weapon, Forge's Gift, and opened the chamber to insert rounds of Dust ammunition. His left hand tapped along his left hip, feeling his different types of ammunition. As he felt through them, he mumbled to himself, "Burn, Shock, Freeze, Rock, Wind, Steam, Grav, Sea." As he reached "Sea," he pulled the round of Water Dust from his pack of ammunition and loaded it into his gun. He aimed at the flames and fired.

He was successful in dousing the flames he accidentally caused, although he worried that he would attract the attention of nearby Grimm.
[fieldbox= Windia Milkyway, Turquoise, solid]
Z0BlzM1.png

For a brief moment, Windia momentarily let go of her militaristic persona to giggle a bit when she heard Audrey's outright refusal of being referred to as a Tsundere. The more time she spends with the blonde, the more she's sure that she would be a fun target for her mischievous antics. In fact, should the four of them really end up becoming a legitimate team, Windia was confident that she could "handle" all of them, specially Audrey. After all, she's like a genderbent version of Ael, and he could handle her, as long as she doesn't do anything that's both crazy and life threatening at the same time.

"'Yknow, the more you deny being a tsundere, the more you affirm being one. I'm seriously shipping you with my friend now. I just know you two would make a great pair!" She teased Audrey one more time in a conspiring manner, adding a wink at the end to deliver the full effect of her jest.

"And it's very nice to meet you too, Liliya. I'm really looking forward to our time together in Eden!" was her enthusiastic response to the nervous Liliya when she regarded her.

Shortly afterwards, her serious side returned once more to address Audrey's request.

"Well, since Liliya here already showed us what she could do... and since it would be rude to make you show what your semblance does next since you're the one who asked first...."

With an impish grin, she equipped her beloved crossbow, Zephyrus, and fired an explosive bolt to a nearby tree to her right. However, before it could hit the tree, Windia stretched her right arm toward the arrow bolt and it suddenly shot up in a straight vertical line. Unfortunately, said bolt hit a passing Nevermore, resulting in a rather big explosion. However, the explosion seems to not be enough to put it down for good and now they had an extremely pissed Nevermore glaring at the four girls before it rapidly descended towards them.

"Oops..."

Grabbing Liliya by the hand, she turned towards Teanna and Audrey and smiled at them nervously.

Then, carrying Liliya in a princess-style fashion, Windia signaled the two other girls to follow her before she hopped off the tree branch and run deeper into the forest. That isn't to say that she completely abandoned Teanna and Audrey. Every few meters, she would stop and provide cover fire for the two girls, using only normal arrow bolts of course. She was afraid she'd accidentally impale them if she used scatter bolts, melt them if she used acid bolts, or blow them to smithereens if she used explosive bolts, so until they could assume appropriate battle positions, this was the best she could do for now.

@C.T. @Gummi Bunnies

[/fieldbox]

x5YrAFq.png

[/fieldbox]

Hazel Sterling

Hazel huffed, rolling her eyes at what Ael was saying... It was hard to say if she was even listening, but in the end, she just growled, appearing to have realized that in order to follow the rules, they at least needed to come to some sort of agreement.

Well, at least she wasn't shouting anymore... Instead, she surveyed her surroundings, snarling a little towards the remaining Beowolves that still had them surrounded. Specifically, she was on the lookout for the alpha of the group; he would pose the biggest threat, and ultimately... The best challenge yet.

However, she didn't have too much time for that sort of thing, as a rumbling noise in the distance, followed by some distinct skittering sounds, causing the Beowolves around them to flee into the forest for the moment. Even before the Deathstalker burst through the treeline, Hazel already had a distinct feeling what it was... But even so, she seemed unphased, staring down the creature, almost as if taunting it.

The answer to Ael's question seemed pretty simple, at least to Hazel; this was her shining moment... Her chance to finally fight one of the "big 'uns" she'd dreamed of fighting.

After all, if she could handle an Ursa, a Deathstalker shouldn't be that hard, right?

She smirked a little, adjusting her battle stance just a little before she finally spoke, making her decision more or less official.

Then, with a ferocious battle cry, she charged forwards, that yellow glint shining in her eyes again... And in a distinct, yellowish blur, she charged forwards, intending to spear the creature directly through it's head, roughly where there appeared to be a distinct red dot on it's front... Almost like a target.

When her spear met the Deathstalker's armor though... Despite her semblance giving her a distinct advantage in speed and durability, the strength it gave her now was evidently not enough to pierce its armor, as the negative emotions she may have felt in the heat of the moment... Weren't strong enough to produce the effect she had anticipated

Thus, instead of a crunching noise, followed by a sudden stop, as she had expected, she found her spear being deflected off of its tough carapace with a distinct clanging noise.

A frustrated growl escaped her lips as she realized the battle was... Not going to work out the way she had hoped; unlike the slower, and softer ursa, of which she could easily maneuver, the Deathstalker was a more formideable foe... A balance of raw strength, agility, and ontop of it all, encased in a seemingly impenetrable shell.

For the first time since that moment had discovered her semblance... She was outclassed.

Normally, she would have taken the hint and left, but now that she wasn't alone, older instincts, dating back to her bandit days compelled her to keep fighting... To avoid showing signs of weakness.

As she had already begun the fight... She was committed; she couldn't turn back now, or at least, her ego refused to let her, something that normally wouldn't have been a problem when she was on her own.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the creature's stinger rearing up, preparing for a strike... And in an instant, she felt fear well up in her gut, just like what had happened back with her fellow bandits...

Concentrating as intently as she could, she suddenly teleported herself a short distance away from her original position; just enough distance off to the side to dodge the strike from the stinger.

To the naked eye, it merely looked like she had dodged to the side in an impressive feat of speed and agility.

As her efforts continued, with her striking the creature over and over in various places, and dodging, or outright blocking the blows being sent her way... It was evident that she was straining herself.

Though one would likely chalk it down to Hazel over-exerting herself in battle... Deep down, she knew it was something more; that teleportation ability of hers was usefull in times of great need... But as she had to constantly use it to avoid a fatal blow from the Deathstalker's stinger... It was quickly beginning to wear her out, and, frankly... If someone didn't intervene, her ego would truly be the death of her.

Her aura had already sustained damage from a few lucky shots from the Deathstalker... And there was no telling just how much longer she'd last if she kept going like this.

Mason felt that his fears agad come true as he watched a Deathstalker go crashing through the forest. He got into a battle stance, ready to fight, but the beast simply ignored him. Instead, the Deathstalker continued on to fight Ael and Hazel. Regardless, Mason felt both responsible for attracting the beast (even though it was due to Hazel's Semblance) and curious as to what this mysterious scorpion-Grimm was. Therefore, Mason elected to follow it, doing his best to remain hidden.

He watched as Hazel fought the beast, teleporting back and forth to avoid the Grimm's attacks. From her tactics, he deduced that the Deathstalker's tail was its main form of attack. It was clear that Hazel could use some assistance, and it seemed that her partner wasn't being very helpful. Mason wasn't in the habit of leaving people behind, so he decided to give these two support.

He took Forge's Gift and switched its form. Bending it in the middle, the barrel and chamber separated from the handle, hammer, and trigger. The barrel and chamber attached to Mason's left hip, right next to his supply of Dust. The rest of the gun began twisting and turning with clockwork components until it became a flexible and lightweight recurve bow. At his hip, Mason went through his rhyme once more to switch out the ammo that sat in the chamber, which now acted as a quiver for his bow. "Burn, Shock, Freeze," he said, pausing to grab the ammo he needed, "Rock, Wind, Steam, Grav, Sea." He ended by replacing what Water Dust he had left after putting out the forest fire. With Ice Dust loaded into his quiver, he pressed a button. The machinery inside took the powdered Dust and reformed it into a crystalline arrow.

Mason took the Ice Dust arrow and readied it into his bow. His lupine ears perked up and his focus intensified. He aimed carefully, hopeful not to miss his target or hit Hazel. He took a deep breath and fired an Ice Dust arrow at the Deathstalker's tail.
@Accelerator @york

Regardless whether the fire hit it or not, the lone Grimm remaining would find itself tackled by the immense Black Knight.

Followed by repeated blows and smashing against the ground, ignoring the flames that flickered around it in favor of pure fury.

@Hospes
Well, that had... Worked? The moment the knight had drawn close, Midna had ceased fire(literally), instead taking to awkwardly standing back and watching the knight completely decimate the rather unfortunate Grimm. It was quickly downed, killed before it had a chance to retaliate. It didn't even get the chance to be dropped to fade out of existence like dust on the wind. "Hey, hey..." she spoke, softly, raising one hand towards the armored boy. "Easy... It's dead," she assured, voice calm despite the violent and potentially unnerving, to some, scene before her. She wasn't entirely sure what would happen now that the Grimm were taken care of, but she figured it was something along the lines of him calming down and turning back.

Hopefully that was how it worked, anyways. In any case, she certainly didn't look worried that she was potentially about to be the target of a big ol' rage monster.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy

Well, that had... Worked? The moment the knight had drawn close, Midna had ceased fire(literally), instead taking to awkwardly standing back and watching the knight completely decimate the rather unfortunate Grimm. It was quickly downed, killed before it had a chance to retaliate. It didn't even get the chance to be dropped to fade out of existence like dust on the wind. "Hey, hey..." she spoke, softly, raising one hand towards the armored boy. "Easy... It's dead," she assured, voice calm despite the violent and potentially unnerving, to some, scene before her. She wasn't entirely sure what would happen now that the Grimm were taken care of, but she figured it was something along the lines of him calming down and turning back.

Hopefully that was how it worked, anyways. In any case, she certainly didn't look worried that she was potentially about to be the target of a big ol' rage monster.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
5131613-4803961750-tumbl.gif

Once, he had tried to describe what he felt encased in the semblance he had been born with.

It was a feeling of power, of being the absolute strongest. It was a shucking of all higher thought processes, becoming more animal than the most rabid dog, without the excuse of cognitive thought behind it. It was like taking everything that had hurt you, turning it into a literal weapon.

It was like becoming a Grimm. And for as long as he could recall, there had never been anything to discern between it and the Grimm he turned it on. Until now.

There was no trace of fear sensed. An anomaly in the otherwise discordant orchestra his semblance played upon. Faint and easily lost among the other feelings warring for control, urging him to let it play out and damn the consequences. Grimm, Hunter, Huntress- It didn't matter. The Black Knight wanted to fight and would seek control every step of the way till it burned out.

And utterly still, he took a step forward and crushed the skull of the quickly fading Grimm underfoot as the visage leaned close to look Midna in the eye. A beat passed and the growling began to slow off into one of confusion, before the hand raised up to touch her.

Dissolving to ash, the armor faded and in its place, was a very much surprised Angus. On his knees, much smaller than the armor and with his hand reaching to her, before he took control and rose up, brushing himself off and looking anywhere but her direction.

"....Still time fer finding another. If you want."

And calmly, he strode to pick up his weapons, examining both before transforming them back to storage mode, the Kurgan becoming his sheath and Headhunter returned as he continued.

"We need t'move too. Grimm r'gonna be coming."

They always did, whenever he took that form.

@Hospes

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

Once, he had tried to describe what he felt encased in the semblance he had been born with.

It was a feeling of power, of being the absolute strongest. It was a shucking of all higher thought processes, becoming more animal than the most rabid dog, without the excuse of cognitive thought behind it. It was like taking everything that had hurt you, turning it into a literal weapon.

It was like becoming a Grimm. And for as long as he could recall, there had never been anything to discern between it and the Grimm he turned it on. Until now.

There was no trace of fear sensed. An anomaly in the otherwise discordant orchestra his semblance played upon. Faint and easily lost among the other feelings warring for control, urging him to let it play out and damn the consequences. Grimm, Hunter, Huntress- It didn't matter. The Black Knight wanted to fight and would seek control every step of the way till it burned out.

And utterly still, he took a step forward and crushed the skull of the quickly fading Grimm underfoot as the visage leaned close to look Midna in the eye. A beat passed and the growling began to slow off into one of confusion, before the hand raised up to touch her.

Dissolving to ash, the armor faded and in its place, was a very much surprised Angus. On his knees, much smaller than the armor and with his hand reaching to her, before he took control and rose up, brushing himself off and looking anywhere but her direction.

And calmly, he strode to pick up his weapons, examining both before transforming them back to storage mode, the Kurgan becoming his sheath and Headhunter returned as he continued.

@Hospes

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
It was impossible to tell just what he was thinking, staring that the boy before her, features hidden by a visor. Not that most would call him a boy- more than likely, a beast. A monster. A thing, perhaps. Midna, herself, would never fall to such discriminatory terms. She saw the alleged 'thing' for what it was- human. Nothing more, nothing less. And she intended to treat it- him -as just that. So, as he leaned forward, evidently examining her or perhaps deciding whether or not her blood would be tasty enough to spill, Midna offered only a couple more words. "It's okay."

She'd never been one for small talk, but comfort? Comfort was another thing. Comfort was something she knew better than the back of her hand. Or, well... She thought she did. At least, for one person. The person she knew needed it, even more than herself- her younger brother. Kicked out of his own home, and all because of--... No. She didn't need to think about that. What she thought to was the many nights of holding the young boy in her arms, supporting him as he cried. How had she handled it? She held him close, let him let out what he was feeling, and... She sang. That was about as much as she knew in the way of comfort, aside from awkward words such as 'its alright' or 'let it out'.

She was hesitant to act in such manners towards this boy she didn't even know the name of just yet. And luckily, it seemed she wouldn't have to- the armored male was reaching his hand toward her own raised one, growls fading into oblivion with his armor beginning to do the same, until all that was left was the form- and, fortunately, original clothing -of Angus, falling to his knees before her as the last of the armor dissipated.

Had she been worried, this would've been when she felt relief wash over her. But as she hadn't been?

Calmly, Midna offered the male a hand, aiming to help him up... Only to be blatantly ignored, Angus rising on his own and completely avoiding looking at her. Well, so much for that... But so be it. Shrugging it off and letting her hand fall back to her side, assuring her weapons were firmly stored. Satisfied, she gave a mildly confused look upon Angus's words. "...Another what?" she asked, steadily. Ah, whatever--

"..Right."

@Ringmaster

Hazel Sterling

Her aura had already sustained damage from a few lucky shots from the Deathstalker... And there was no telling just how much longer she'd last if she kept going like this.​
Trial By Fire

Mason was having this wild, insane dream where he was falling out of an airship. He had never ridden on one before, and the motions of the air had shaken his dreams and made him uncomfortable. As he woke from his startling dream, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he heard vague grumblings from a bespectacled hologram. His senses were dull and groggy, so he could barely make out what the man was saying. All he could make out was something about pairing up with the first person you see and a landing strategy.

A much clearer lesson would be given as he watched some of his fellow new recruits of Eden being dropped into the woodlands below. He realized what he would have to do and began preparing. Quickly, he brushed his hair out of his face and gave himself a quick pat-down to check all the pockets of his coat. He affirmed that at his right hip was his pistol, ready for action, and at his left hip was his spare cartridges of ammunition. He next brought the locket from his chest up to his face and quickly opened it. Three heart-shaped boxes folded out from the center, each holding a different color of Dust: one a fiery red, one an electric yellow, and one a deep and heavy purple. At the center of the locket remained a picture of four Faunus smiling in front of a village home on a anowy mountain. A smile creeped its way onto Mason's face and a tear rolled down his cheek. He folded up the containers of Dust into his locket and let it drop down to rest around his neck. He stood into a low squat, wiping away his tear as the trapdoor gave out from under him.

In free fall, Mason's heart raced. The roar of the wind and the pounding of his heart battled for supremacy in his sensitive ears. The sea of green below fast approaching, Mason began executing some sort of a plan. Reaching into his supply of aura, his hands began to glow with a soft light. The soft light grew brighter as his hands began feeling an intense heat. Mason prepared to use his Semblance. He struck his hands together in a mighty clap as he used his Semblance, creating a burst of flame that sent him careening sideways in the air.

Mason used his new diagnol velocity as an opportunity to grab the tops of trees as he came flying by. His hands found grip onto a tree and it began to bend. The force of the tree resisting its bend and the branches of surrounding trees in the densely packed forest were enough to carefully lower Mason's velocity and keep him from becoming a wolfy pancake.

Mason was able to safely able to hop out of the branches and onto the ground below. However, as he was in the trees, had failed one important matter: turning off his Semblance. Not only did he needlessly burn aura, there was now a fire currently needlessly burning the trees around him. And to make matters worse, he could hear the telltale growling of a Grimm nearby.

So, to recap: Mason successfully makes it to the ground, starts aforest fire, and is currently somewhere close to a Grimm.

He began to panic slightly, as a fire like this could cause all kinds of trouble. He quickly wracked his brain for a solution. His hands flew to his hips. His right hand grabbed his weapon, Forge's Gift, and opened the chamber to insert rounds of Dust ammunition. His left hand tapped along his left hip, feeling his different types of ammunition. As he felt through them, he mumbled to himself, "Burn, Shock, Freeze, Rock, Wind, Steam, Grav, Sea." As he reached "Sea," he pulled the round of Water Dust from his pack of ammunition and loaded it into his gun. He aimed at the flames and fired.

He was successful in dousing the flames he accidentally caused, although he worried that he would attract the attention of nearby Grimm.

Mason felt that his fears agad come true as he watched a Deathstalker go crashing through the forest. He got into a battle stance, ready to fight, but the beast simply ignored him. Instead, the Deathstalker continued on to fight Ael and Hazel. Regardless, Mason felt both responsible for attracting the beast (even though it was due to Hazel's Semblance) and curious as to what this mysterious scorpion-Grimm was. Therefore, Mason elected to follow it, doing his best to remain hidden.

He watched as Hazel fought the beast, teleporting back and forth to avoid the Grimm's attacks. From her tactics, he deduced that the Deathstalker's tail was its main form of attack. It was clear that Hazel could use some assistance, and it seemed that her partner wasn't being very helpful. Mason wasn't in the habit of leaving people behind, so he decided to give these two support.

He took Forge's Gift and switched its form. Bending it in the middle, the barrel and chamber separated from the handle, hammer, and trigger. The barrel and chamber attached to Mason's left hip, right next to his supply of Dust. The rest of the gun began twisting and turning with clockwork components until it became a flexible and lightweight recurve bow. At his hip, Mason went through his rhyme once more to switch out the ammo that sat in the chamber, which now acted as a quiver for his bow. "Burn, Shock, Freeze," he said, pausing to grab the ammo he needed, "Rock, Wind, Steam, Grav, Sea." He ended by replacing what Water Dust he had left after putting out the forest fire. With Ice Dust loaded into his quiver, he pressed a button. The machinery inside took the powdered Dust and reformed it into a crystalline arrow.

Mason took the Ice Dust arrow and readied it into his bow. His lupine ears perked up and his focus intensified. He aimed carefully, hopeful not to miss his target or hit Hazel. He took a deep breath and fired an Ice Dust arrow at the Deathstalker's tail.
@Accelerator @york
[fieldbox=Tiara Pendragon, Aqua, solid]
XnmMGhM.png

A lone figure could be seen traversing the vast forestland surrounding Ashea's Huntsman Academy, Eden. Clothed in a shabby brown robe, one would not be able to determine the figure's appearance or gender until they got close to it. Though by the pressure it exerted by its mere presence alone, it'd be foolish to approach an entity wrapped not just by the cloak concealing its appearance, but by the mystery surrounding this person's existence... if one could call it a person anyways.

However, even with the mystery surrounding it be shrouded like its appearance, there was no mistaking why it was in this neck of the woods. After all, nobody would dare try to enter these woods unless they wanted to go to the Hunter Academy the lies within. And those with similar intentions stated above couldn't infiltrate the academy through normal means.

The mysterious person would have continued on its route towards the academy had it not been for the loud crashing noises coming from nearby. In an effort to determine the source of the sound even better, the cloaked figure placed a hand over the hood covering its head and removed it, revealing... fox ears?

You heard that right, our mysterious cloaked person is actually a teen-aged fox-girl faunus, or at least had the appearance of one. She looked just like about any ordinary faunus girl her age, sporting flowing white hair, amber eyes, fluffy black and white fox ears, and donning a dress similar to a sailor uniform, there was no reason to suspect the girl whatsoever... aside from her presence alone in a grimm-infested forest and the deadly weapon strapped to her back.

"Tch... a fight? Here? I thought I was supposed to be alone in these woods, you damn loli." She grumbled at a microphone disguised as one of her uniform's buttons.

"Hey, I already arranged all those files and credentials proving you're a legitimate professor but nooo.... You decided that you wanted to become a student, AT THE LAST MINUTE! Do you have any idea how hard it is to fake documents nowadays?" The angry voice of what sounded like a girl that's barely in middle school responded from the other end of the line of the earpiece the faunus was wearing. "Well everything's digital now, surprisingly, so it was quite easy to hack but that's not the point! I already have enough stuff to deal with here in Atlas so I don't need you to add to my stress levels. And since you "got admitted at the last minute", you missed the damn aerial transports so you have no right to complain to me about anything."

"Alright, alright. Calm your flat chests. Just tell me why there are people here. Nobody normally comes through these woods, right?" the white haired fox-faunus

After a heavy sigh, the girl from the other end of the line spoke once more, desperately trying to calm her voice.

"I intercepted a broadcast from the airships. It seems the headmaster chucked his students into these forest. Same shit, different academy. Looks like all the headmasters have a knack for making initiation tests a living hell for the poor suckers. Anyways, there are multiple objectives. First, find a partner which will be determined by the first person you make eye contact with, provided they didn't already have a partner of course. Second, you and your partner must retrieve a pair of tokens from an altar. There are two in each altar. Which brings us to the last objective. Get to Eden, at the center of this forest, preferably not in a body bag. I hope you're listening. Cuz I ain't explaining that shit again."

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks a lot, Corona." The faunus replied as she smiled wryly.

"Good luck on being a kid again, Tiara. I know for a fact none of us four had a proper childhood experience anyway. I'll tell the others that you've already arrived in Eden. Corona, out." the girl named Corona replied in a bored tone before disconnecting the connection.

With a sigh, the girl named Tiara decided to make a detour towards the source of the loud crashes. Best case scenario, she manages to find a partner. Worst case scenario, she gets to beat up a couple of grimm. Upon arriving at the source of the noise, however, all she saw was complete chaos. A dark-skinned girl was seemingly moving at blinding speeds while fighting a Deathstalker in close range to no avail. A fellow faunus was providing ranged support by shooting arrows at the arthropod-grimm, one of which froze the stinger of the damn thing on contact but that seemed to have only pissed off the grimm as it was now skittering towards him. And then, there was a blonde guy that looked more like a proper knight than Tiara was right now, just gawking at the scene.

She was about to give him a piece of his mind, when she suddenly spotted something strange. The blonde boy's armor and weapon, eerily looked familiar. Those couldn't be the same set, right? If they were, then there could only be one explanation. Though Tiara decided to find out more about the blonde huntsman-in-training's equipment for another day.

"Hey, you. Look alive! We're in the middle of a battlefield here. Get moving, or get out of the way. Either help us take that thing down or stay out of the way. Either way, make yourself useful!" Tiara barked angrily before gripping her sword.

After heaving a deep breath, she focused her semblance on her legs before she shot up towards the Deathstalker like a bullet. While practically flying towards the giant, monstrous scorpion, she looked towards Mason and gave him a wink while smiling smugly at him. Afterwards, she retrieved Hexcalibur from its sheathe and gripped it tightly before single-handedly parrying a crushing attack from its pincer that should have been directed to Mason. The magic sword of promised victory had not seen combat for many years, and right now, Tiara was determined to deliver victory to these young students, or at least help them reach that conclusion.

[/fieldbox]

x5YrAFq.png

Ael observed Hazel cockily try to bring down the Deathstalker. Emphasis on the word, try. He knew from the start that an initiate wouldn't have any chance of defeating a Deathstalker single-handedly. Judging from the way she lashed out at him earlier, it was clear that the brown-haired tsundere candidate wanted to be the heroine of the story. That, or she just had an insatiable desire to kill any grimm she set her eyes on.

Even legitimate Huntsmen and Huntresses would have trouble killing one alone, unless your name is Ingram Pagos. The damn old man once punched a Nevermore in the head, killing it, without using his Semblance!

In any case, there was no way Hazel could ever hope to beat the beast on her own, and even if he did decided to help, even he was not confident they'd beat the Deathstalker, without him overtaxing his Semblance. He was aware Hazel would be visibly upset if he forcibly removed her from the battle but he'd rather have an upset tsundere than a dead one. Besides, wouldn't she turn more into a tsundere when she gets upset? Hazel lives, and Ael gets one step closer to having a tsundere for a partner. It's a win-win situation!

Fortunately for Hazel, who appeared to already showing signs of fatigue, and unfortunately for Ael, who was now daydreaming of Hazel spouting lines like "I didn't cook breakfast just for you or anything, idiot. I just made a bit too much and I didn't want them to go to waste so I'm letting you have some.", a certain Wolf-faunus arrived, and didn't hesitate to help out hazel by shooting arrows at the giant scorpion. One of it hit the creature's stinger, freezing it instantly. Well, with that little display, Mason looked more like the knight in shining armor than the one wearing the actual armor.

Finally, another faunus, this time a female, appeared out of nowhere, suddenly lectured him about being useful, then joined the fray, saving the wolf faunus from earlier from being pummeled by one of the Deathstalker's pincers by parrying it.

With two new people already engaged in combat with the Deathstalker, it certainly looked like Ael and Hazel no longer needed to find help. With 3 people fighting the damned thing in close combat, and one of them providing ranged support, Ael decided that the odds were now in their favor.

After an exasperated sigh, the blonde knight grinned from ear to ear as power coursed through his body. His eye changed from the usual golden eyes turned a shade of green indicating the activation of his semblance. Warmth, and flames radiated from his body as he became a living conduit of the sun's power. And in a manner similar to how Tiara started towards the beast, Ael shot towards the Deathstalker like a flaming cannonball approaching its target.

The grimm, meanwhile had set its eyes once again on an exhausted Hazel, launching its other pincer towards her despite Tiara's attempts of keeping it at bay. The girl would have taken a direct hit from the oncoming pincer attack. Heck, she may have already closed her eyes, accepting her end at this point. Whatever the case, she would hear a loud clang as the pincer collided against metal. And once she focused her eyes in front of her, she would see Aelius and Tiara parrying both pincers at the same time.

"See, this is why you need to be aware of your limits. We're just students, you know. We're not ready yet to face grimm of this caliber. At least not on our own. Alone, neither of us could beat this thing no matter how hard we try. But together, we are stronger. United, we can overcome even the largest and most fearsome of obstacles, and the harshest challenges that could come our way. I don't know what sort of issues you may have with teamwork but you should learn to let go of that sooner or later. Because whether you like it or not, you have me now. And whether you like it or not, I won't hesitate to save you and protect you when you're in trouble. I'd appreciate it if you'd be able to do the same... preferably tonight, at dusk." Ael told Hazel in a calm yet stern voice as he looked her straight in the eyes. He was having no trouble repelling the grimm's attacks as he did this.

"Now, I believe we can start being partners by telling each other our names. I'm Aelius Cedomir, Ael for short. It's nice to meet you..."

Ael intentionally left his sentence open for Hazel to insert a reply. He figured that this method, coupled by what he said earlier, would be key to getting dark-skinned brunette to cooperate with him. Or at least tell him her name. Whatever the case, the two needed to get their act together now as it will take all four of them to take down this creature of grimm.

@york @Mason Moretti

[/fieldbox]

Trial By Fire

@Accelerator @york
XnmMGhM.png

A lone figure could be seen traversing the vast forestland surrounding Ashea's Huntsman Academy, Eden. Clothed in a shabby brown robe, one would not be able to determine the figure's appearance or gender until they got close to it. Though by the pressure it exerted by its mere presence alone, it'd be foolish to approach an entity wrapped not just by the cloak concealing its appearance, but by the mystery surrounding this person's existence... if one could call it a person anyways.

However, even with the mystery surrounding it be shrouded like its appearance, there was no mistaking why it was in this neck of the woods. After all, nobody would dare try to enter these woods unless they wanted to go to the Hunter Academy the lies within. And those with similar intentions stated above couldn't infiltrate the academy through normal means.

The mysterious person would have continued on its route towards the academy had it not been for the loud crashing noises coming from nearby. In an effort to determine the source of the sound even better, the cloaked figure placed a hand over the hood covering its head and removed it, revealing... fox ears?

You heard that right, our mysterious cloaked person is actually a teen-aged fox-girl faunus, or at least had the appearance of one. She looked just like about any ordinary faunus girl her age, sporting flowing white hair, amber eyes, fluffy black and white fox ears, and donning a dress similar to a sailor uniform, there was no reason to suspect the girl whatsoever... aside from her presence alone in a grimm-infested forest and the deadly weapon strapped to her back.

"Tch... a fight? Here? I thought I was supposed to be alone in these woods, you damn loli." She grumbled at a microphone disguised as one of her uniform's buttons.

"Hey, I already arranged all those files and credentials proving you're a legitimate professor but nooo.... You decided that you wanted to become a student, AT THE LAST MINUTE! Do you have any idea how hard it is to fake documents nowadays?" The angry voice of what sounded like a girl that's barely in middle school responded from the other end of the line of the earpiece the faunus was wearing. "Well everything's digital now, surprisingly, so it was quite easy to hack but that's not the point! I already have enough stuff to deal with here in Atlas so I don't need you to add to my stress levels. And since you "got admitted at the last minute", you missed the damn aerial transports so you have no right to complain to me about anything."

"Alright, alright. Calm your flat chests. Just tell me why there are people here. Nobody normally comes through these woods, right?" the white haired fox-faunus

After a heavy sigh, the girl from the other end of the line spoke once more, desperately trying to calm her voice.

"I intercepted a broadcast from the airships. It seems the headmaster chucked his students into these forest. Same shit, different academy. Looks like all the headmasters have a knack for making initiation tests a living hell for the poor suckers. Anyways, there are multiple objectives. First, find a partner which will be determined by the first person you make eye contact with, provided they didn't already have a partner of course. Second, you and your partner must retrieve a pair of tokens from an altar. There are two in each altar. Which brings us to the last objective. Get to Eden, at the center of this forest, preferably not in a body bag. I hope you're listening. Cuz I ain't explaining that shit again."

"Good luck on being a kid again, Tiara. I know for a fact none of us four had a proper childhood experience anyway. I'll tell the others that you've already arrived in Eden. Corona, out." the girl named Corona replied in a bored tone before disconnecting the connection.

With a sigh, the girl named Tiara decided to make a detour towards the source of the loud crashes. Best case scenario, she manages to find a partner. Worst case scenario, she gets to beat up a couple of grimm. Upon arriving at the source of the noise, however, all she saw was complete chaos. A dark-skinned girl was seemingly moving at blinding speeds while fighting a Deathstalker in close range to no avail. A fellow faunus was providing ranged support by shooting arrows at the arthropod-grimm, one of which froze the stinger of the damn thing on contact but that seemed to have only pissed off the grimm as it was now skittering towards him. And then, there was a blonde guy that looked more like a proper knight than Tiara was right now, just gawking at the scene.

She was about to give him a piece of his mind, when she suddenly spotted something strange. The blonde boy's armor and weapon, eerily looked familiar. Those couldn't be the same set, right? If they were, then there could only be one explanation. Though Tiara decided to find out more about the blonde huntsman-in-training's equipment for another day.

"Hey, you. Look alive! We're in the middle of a battlefield here. Get moving, or get out of the way. Either help us take that thing down or stay out of the way. Either way, make yourself useful!" Tiara barked angrily before gripping her sword.

After heaving a deep breath, she focused her semblance on her legs before she shot up towards the Deathstalker like a bullet. While practically flying towards the giant, monstrous scorpion, she looked towards Mason and gave him a wink while smiling smugly at him. Afterwards, she retrieved Hexcalibur from its sheathe and gripped it tightly before single-handedly parrying a crushing attack from its pincer that should have been directed to Mason. The magic sword of promised victory had not seen combat for many years, and right now, Tiara was determined to deliver victory to these young students, or at least help them reach that conclusion.

[/fieldbox]

x5YrAFq.png

Ael observed Hazel cockily try to bring down the Deathstalker. Emphasis on the word, try. He knew from the start that an initiate wouldn't have any chance of defeating a Deathstalker single-handedly. Judging from the way she lashed out at him earlier, it was clear that the brown-haired tsundere candidate wanted to be the heroine of the story. That, or she just had an insatiable desire to kill any grimm she set her eyes on.

Even legitimate Huntsmen and Huntresses would have trouble killing one alone, unless your name is Ingram Pagos. The damn old man once punched a Nevermore in the head, killing it, without using his Semblance!

In any case, there was no way Hazel could ever hope to beat the beast on her own, and even if he did decided to help, even he was not confident they'd beat the Deathstalker, without him overtaxing his Semblance. He was aware Hazel would be visibly upset if he forcibly removed her from the battle but he'd rather have an upset tsundere than a dead one. Besides, wouldn't she turn more into a tsundere when she gets upset? Hazel lives, and Ael gets one step closer to having a tsundere for a partner. It's a win-win situation!

Fortunately for Hazel, who appeared to already showing signs of fatigue, and unfortunately for Ael, who was now daydreaming of Hazel spouting lines like "I didn't cook breakfast just for you or anything, idiot. I just made a bit too much and I didn't want them to go to waste so I'm letting you have some.", a certain Wolf-faunus arrived, and didn't hesitate to help out hazel by shooting arrows at the giant scorpion. One of it hit the creature's stinger, freezing it instantly. Well, with that little display, Mason looked more like the knight in shining armor than the one wearing the actual armor.

Finally, another faunus, this time a female, appeared out of nowhere, suddenly lectured him about being useful, then joined the fray, saving the wolf faunus from earlier from being pummeled by one of the Deathstalker's pincers by parrying it.

With two new people already engaged in combat with the Deathstalker, it certainly looked like Ael and Hazel no longer needed to find help. With 3 people fighting the damned thing in close combat, and one of them providing ranged support, Ael decided that the odds were now in their favor.

After an exasperated sigh, the blonde knight grinned from ear to ear as power coursed through his body. His eye changed from the usual golden eyes turned a shade of green indicating the activation of his semblance. Warmth, and flames radiated from his body as he became a living conduit of the sun's power. And in a manner similar to how Tiara started towards the beast, Ael shot towards the Deathstalker like a flaming cannonball approaching its target.

The grimm, meanwhile had set its eyes once again on an exhausted Hazel, launching its other pincer towards her despite Tiara's attempts of keeping it at bay. The girl would have taken a direct hit from the oncoming pincer attack. Heck, she may have already closed her eyes, accepting her end at this point. Whatever the case, she would hear a loud clang as the pincer collided against metal. And once she focused her eyes in front of her, she would see Aelius and Tiara parrying both pincers at the same time.

"See, this is why you need to be aware of your limits. We're just students, you know. We're not ready yet to face grimm of this caliber. At least not on our own. Alone, neither of us could beat this thing no matter how hard we try. But together, we are stronger. United, we can overcome even the largest and most fearsome of obstacles, and the harshest challenges that could come our way. I don't know what sort of issues you may have with teamwork but you should learn to let go of that sooner or later. Because whether you like it or not, you have me now. And whether you like it or not, I won't hesitate to save you and protect you when you're in trouble. I'd appreciate it if you'd be able to do the same... preferably tonight, at dusk." Ael told Hazel in a calm yet stern voice as he looked her straight in the eyes. He was having no trouble repelling the grimm's attacks as he did this.

"Now, I believe we can start being partners by telling each other our names. I'm Aelius Cedomir, Ael for short. It's nice to meet you..."

Ael intentionally left his sentence open for Hazel to insert a reply. He figured that this method, coupled by what he said earlier, would be key to getting dark-skinned brunette to cooperate with him. Or at least tell him her name. Whatever the case, the two needed to get their act together now as it will take all four of them to take down this creature of grimm.

@york @Mason Moretti

[/fieldbox]
Hazel Sterling
@Accelerator @Mason Moretti

Hazel heard at least two others enter the fray, noticing that one even managed to freeze the Deathstalker's stinger, but even so... She refused to stand down, keeping up her seemingly relentless assault, despite feeling her aura begin to waver; it was getting low, dangerously low, and with more more hit... Her aura would be completely gone.

Good.

She could already feel the impending fear coursing through her body... And all it would take, was one more hit before she could finally tear into that creature like she had hoped.

It was a risky gamble; this next hit could just as easily end her life... But to her, it was a risk worth taking... After all, this is what her semblance thrived off of.

The very fear that she felt each time she took such a risk... Often gave her just enough of an edge to pull through.

Closing her eyes, she braced for impact, intending to retaliate immediately after.

Except instead of the brutal impact of a Deathstalker's pincer coming towards her, all she heard was a clang, and when she opened her eyes, she found that both Ael, and... Someone else, a faunus, had both parried the Deathstalker's pincers, denying her that opportunity she had sought to finish it off.

"Oh fer cryin' out loud... I HAD IT!!!!" She shouted.

To say the least, she was furious... Even if she was a bit tired; she took the moment to both catch her breath, and give her body a little break.

For a moment, she seemed to consider Ael's offer for a moment, before she spoke again, seeming a little calmer this time. Naturally, she was still mad, but, she wouldn't settle her differences here in the midst of combat. Instead, she'd likely give him a good scolding (even if he did go out of his way to help her out) after the immediate threat was dealt with, so for now, she settled with parting her name.

"It's Hazel to you! Hazel Sterling..."

She muttered, appearing quick to break eye contact as she focused her attention on her weapon, giving the end of its spear-like handle a rather rough thump, causing it to compact a little... Appearing to be functioning now more like some sort of stock.

With a distinct click, it seemed to have locked itself into place, with the blades at the front appearing have come together, to form what looked like some brutal bayonet.

"Now. If yer finished blabberin'. I've got better things to do!"

Welp, back to shouting... But at least he got a name this time? That and she seemed to have calmed herself a little, or at least... Just enough to think about the situation strategically, her mind going back to her experienced hunting in forests just like this. It all started with her, perched from a relatively high place, aiming her weapon's muzzle towards the prey...

No, not just any prey... Her prey.

As the battle raged on, she herself, decided to find herself some higher ground... And eventually settled with scaling a tree by using her weapon's blades as an extra, mobile handhold.

Surprisingly enough, she managed it without any incident, climbing up to a branch just high enough to serve its intended purpose.

Aiming down the scope of her weapon, in it's more compact, rifle form, she targetted the creature's frozen stinger... Intending to take out the source of her problem from the get-go.

Unlike her teammates, she had no fancy weapon or ammunition, no shining armor to protect her... And least of all, any former training what-so-ever.

However, despite this, she shot at the Deathstalker's stinger with frightening precision... Pumelling any and every weak point she could find near the tip, where it's stinger hung down, and just barely in front of that ice patch that had kept it pinned.

It was hard to tell how much she had weakened, it, but she could have sworn she saw it waver.

Even though it wasn't for a certainty... It was still good enough for her, and with a swift motion, she gave her weapon's stock a firm tug... Transforming it once more into its spear-like state.

Then, looking down again at the scene below, she realized just how much she envied her newfound "companions", from Ael's apparent strength, to Tiara's fancy weaponry, and Mason's wide variety of ammunition... They each had something special to bring to the table.

The only thing she herself had to offer, was her dastardly semblance... After all, even from her first days in this world, she had been nothing more than an unwavering Grimm magnet.

That's why she wouldn't rest untill every last one of those creatures, were no more.

Maybe then... She can finally find a place to belong, a place where she wasn't shunned or feared.

A place where she could finally belong.

But as long as even a single creature of Grimm remained, such a thing seemed merely like a silly fantasy to her... Something she could never hope to achieve.

And so, here she was... Perched on this branch, keeping her distance from even Ael, who was supposed to be her partner for the time being, waiting for just the right opportunity to strike as the creature's stinger got closer... And closer... Until the opportunity finally arose for her to deal one, final, blow.

"Gotchya now... Ya git!"

She muttered, and then... She leapt, gripping her weapon tightly in her hands.

As she began to fall through the air once more, and yet again... That same fear that had once gripped her earlier, when she had plummeted from that ship in the air... The same fear that caused her semblance to flare up once more, a rather intense, yellow glint shining in her eyes this time... Just before she swung her spear downwards, aiming to cleave straight through the weakest part of the stinger; the point of which she had believed to have seen it waver.

She didn't exactly plan out what would happen next, but kept herself poised, intending to keep her landing as smooth as possible.

Even if her weapon itself wasn't strong enough to penetrate the Deathstalker's armor, she would hopefully have at the very least, permanently taken out its primary weapon as her teammates kept it distracted.

Was this her way of showing teamwork? Did she actually listen to Ael's words?

Honestly, it was hard to tell with someone like her, as it was just as likely she was simply using the situation to her own advantage, and this was just a coincidental act that only seemed like some degree of co-operation with the others around her.

Others who she still refused to outright call her "teammates".​

Last edited:
Duke Velos

Duke scratched his head in confusion. Dominant mind? He wondered what Aqua meant. Oh well, he thought. I'm sure I'll figure it out as time goes on. Scooting around to avoid the large mace, Duke joined in stride with his new "partner." He wasn't sure where they were going...but he figured with two minds, it would be a lot easier to find their destination.

"Well, Based off the direction the ship was flying, I'm assuming the school is that way," Duke pointed. "And so..you're a rocker, huh? That mean you play music or something?" The Rook attempted to make small talk while the duo tried to figure out where to go..

@Ringmaster

Unfortunately, said bolt hit a passing Nevermore, resulting in a rather big explosion. However, the explosion seems to not be enough to put it down for good and now they had an extremely pissed Nevermore glaring at the four girls before it rapidly descended towards them.

"Oops..."

Her gaze roved up to the Nevermore looming in the sky before them, staring with those burning red eyes. A stare she returned with her own fiery gaze, eyes as intense as could be. "No." She stated simply but loudly. "I didn't sign up for this Academy to be the type who runs from challenges. I'm not a runner. I'm not a survivor. I am a warrior." As the Nevermore swooped down, she...actually grinned. Her measure as a warrior, a defender of those who would run and survive, would be measured by the caliber of the foes she fought and defeated.

This is it. The enemy we are born to destroy. Not just for my own honor, but for every single person the Grimm have ever killed. Vengeance, by any means necessary. Mindless beasts deserve no mercy, no semblance of chivalry.

In her mind's eye, she stood alone in this moment, just her and the Grimm rapidly approaching. Her thoughts narrowed to one.

Stand among the ashes of thousands of dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer.

And as the thing got real close, she let out a fierce roar of her own. The shout of a true warrior, as she propelled herself forward at the Grimm with a quick blast of flames, the grip on her blade so tight she almost drew blood just from clutching it. Avoiding any stray bolt shots, she aimed for a center of mass stab...where a heart would be, if Grimm had any to begin with.

Teanna just cheered.

"Pleased to meetcha! Teanna." She introduced in turn, gesturing at herself before peering over her shoulder. "Audrey, of course who--"

"Is not a tsundere."

"...Right. Moving on...yeah, I support that plan. Makes sense to me, shouldn't be too hard, right?"

"It will suffice. And perhaps some information about what we all can do should be shared."

Z0BlzM1.png

"Oops..."

@C.T. @Gummi Bunnies

Her gaze roved up to the Nevermore looming in the sky before them, staring with those burning red eyes. A stare she returned with her own fiery gaze, eyes as intense as could be. "No." She stated simply but loudly. "I didn't sign up for this Academy to be the type who runs from challenges. I'm not a runner. I'm not a survivor. I am a warrior." As the Nevermore swooped down, she...actually grinned. Her measure as a warrior, a defender of those who would run and survive, would be measured by the caliber of the foes she fought and defeated.

This is it. The enemy we are born to destroy. Not just for my own honor, but for every single person the Grimm have ever killed. Vengeance, by any means necessary. Mindless beasts deserve no mercy, no semblance of chivalry.

In her mind's eye, she stood alone in this moment, just her and the Grimm rapidly approaching. Her thoughts narrowed to one.

Stand among the ashes of thousands of dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer.

And as the thing got real close, she let out a fierce roar of her own. The shout of a true warrior, as she propelled herself forward at the Grimm with a quick blast of flames, the grip on her blade so tight she almost drew blood just from clutching it. Avoiding any stray bolt shots, she aimed for a center of mass stab...where a heart would be, if Grimm had any to begin with.

Teanna just cheered.

Liliya was surprised to be swooped up into Windia's arms, but was even more surprised and actually frightened to see a live Grimm after them! Seeing that they were up in the trees and remembering what her weapon was, she felt like she couldn't do much here... Well, she could watch and be moral support.

@Accelerator @C.T.
"I can try," Eshell replied, standing and brushing himself. Though as he did so he heard the tell tale sounds of Grimm nearby and when he was about to point that out, his partner had beat him to it. "That I can ddo." That said the blind bow withdrew his weapons and without another word, sisappeared from sight.
Well, at least he wasn't one to turn his back when a fight began. Midna respected that in a person, being more of a headstrong person than the retreat type. Regardless, she followed Angus soon after, leaping into the air and backing him up in his assault on the creatures of Grimm. While Angus took a more animalistic approach, Midna's movements were calculated and graceful. A slash here, a twirl or a jump there, a small burst of flame to keep the creature at bay before following up with a punch to the skull...

Okay. That part was less graceful.

In any case, battle waging on, the blonde fought vigorously against the creature of her choosing while Angus took on one of the others. But, in putting her focus on one creature alone, she was blindsided by the third- butted aside and sent skidding for a few moments like nothing. With a growl of annoyance, Midna swiftly got back to her feet, rolling her shoulder momentarily before leading right back into her previous tactic of now slightly less calculated slashes. Only difference being now, it was two on one.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy

Grimm.

Crack

@Hospes

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
"..."

Challenge accepted.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
egardless whether the fire hit it or not, the lone Grimm remaining would find itself tackled by the immense Black Knight.

@Hospes

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy

@Hospes

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy
It was impossible to tell just what he was thinking, staring that the boy before her, features hidden by a visor. Not that most would call him a boy- more than likely, a beast. A monster. A thing, perhaps. Midna, herself, would never fall to such discriminatory terms. She saw the alleged 'thing' for what it was- human. Nothing more, nothing less. And she intended to treat it- him -as just that. So, as he leaned forward, evidently examining her or perhaps deciding whether or not her blood would be tasty enough to spill, Midna offered only a couple more words. "It's okay."

She'd never been one for small talk, but comfort? Comfort was another thing. Comfort was something she knew better than the back of her hand. Or, well... She thought she did. At least, for one person. The person she knew needed it, even more than herself- her younger brother. Kicked out of his own home, and all because of--... No. She didn't need to think about that. What she thought to was the many nights of holding the young boy in her arms, supporting him as he cried. How had she handled it? She held him close, let him let out what he was feeling, and... She sang. That was about as much as she knew in the way of comfort, aside from awkward words such as 'its alright' or 'let it out'.

She was hesitant to act in such manners towards this boy she didn't even know the name of just yet. And luckily, it seemed she wouldn't have to- the armored male was reaching his hand toward her own raised one, growls fading into oblivion with his armor beginning to do the same, until all that was left was the form- and, fortunately, original clothing -of Angus, falling to his knees before her as the last of the armor dissipated.

Had she been worried, this would've been when she felt relief wash over her. But as she hadn't been?

Calmly, Midna offered the male a hand, aiming to help him up... Only to be blatantly ignored, Angus rising on his own and completely avoiding looking at her. Well, so much for that... But so be it. Shrugging it off and letting her hand fall back to her side, assuring her weapons were firmly stored. Satisfied, she gave a mildly confused look upon Angus's words. "...Another what?" she asked, steadily. Ah, whatever--

"..Right."

@Ringmaster
It turned out that there was no need for the outside support after all, Soneri having her mounted arm crossbow retract back into armored mode and placing the single arrow back before she would've wasted it. If they were fine, then they were fine! There was no need to exhaust herself with them, but then she remembered about the stupid forest in the way. The mental conflict of either sticking with people or going alone was scratching at her head.

@Demmy @Ringmaster @Hospes

XnmMGhM.png

[/fieldbox]

x5YrAFq.png

@york @Mason Moretti

[/fieldbox]

Hazel Sterling
@Accelerator @Mason Moretti

Hazel heard at least two others enter the fray, noticing that one even managed to freeze the Deathstalker's stinger, but even so... She refused to stand down, keeping up her seemingly relentless assault, despite feeling her aura begin to waver; it was getting low, dangerously low, and with more more hit... Her aura would be completely gone.

Good.

She could already feel the impending fear coursing through her body... And all it would take, was one more hit before she could finally tear into that creature like she had hoped.

It was a risky gamble; this next hit could just as easily end her life... But to her, it was a risk worth taking... After all, this is what her semblance thrived off of.

The very fear that she felt each time she took such a risk... Often gave her just enough of an edge to pull through.

Closing her eyes, she braced for impact, intending to retaliate immediately after.

Except instead of the brutal impact of a Deathstalker's pincer coming towards her, all she heard was a clang, and when she opened her eyes, she found that both Ael, and... Someone else, a faunus, had both parried the Deathstalker's pincers, denying her that opportunity she had sought to finish it off.

"Oh fer cryin' out loud... I HAD IT!!!!" She shouted.

To say the least, she was furious... Even if she was a bit tired; she took the moment to both catch her breath, and give her body a little break.

For a moment, she seemed to consider Ael's offer for a moment, before she spoke again, seeming a little calmer this time. Naturally, she was still mad, but, she wouldn't settle her differences here in the midst of combat. Instead, she'd likely give him a good scolding (even if he did go out of his way to help her out) after the immediate threat was dealt with, so for now, she settled with parting her name.

"It's Hazel to you! Hazel Sterling..."

She muttered, appearing quick to break eye contact as she focused her attention on her weapon, giving the end of its spear-like handle a rather rough thump, causing it to compact a little... Appearing to be functioning now more like some sort of stock.

With a distinct click, it seemed to have locked itself into place, with the blades at the front appearing have come together, to form what looked like some brutal bayonet.

"Now. If yer finished blabberin'. I've got better things to do!"

Welp, back to shouting... But at least he got a name this time? That and she seemed to have calmed herself a little, or at least... Just enough to think about the situation strategically, her mind going back to her experienced hunting in forests just like this. It all started with her, perched from a relatively high place, aiming her weapon's muzzle towards the prey...

No, not just any prey... Her prey.

As the battle raged on, she herself, decided to find herself some higher ground... And eventually settled with scaling a tree by using her weapon's blades as an extra, mobile handhold.

Surprisingly enough, she managed it without any incident, climbing up to a branch just high enough to serve its intended purpose.

Aiming down the scope of her weapon, in it's more compact, rifle form, she targetted the creature's frozen stinger... Intending to take out the source of her problem from the get-go.

Unlike her teammates, she had no fancy weapon or ammunition, no shining armor to protect her... And least of all, any former training what-so-ever.

However, despite this, she shot at the Deathstalker's stinger with frightening precision... Pumelling any and every weak point she could find near the tip, where it's stinger hung down, and just barely in front of that ice patch that had kept it pinned.

It was hard to tell how much she had weakened, it, but she could have sworn she saw it waver.

Even though it wasn't for a certainty... It was still good enough for her, and with a swift motion, she gave her weapon's stock a firm tug... Transforming it once more into its spear-like state.

Then, looking down again at the scene below, she realized just how much she envied her newfound "companions", from Ael's apparent strength, to Tiara's fancy weaponry, and Mason's wide variety of ammunition... They each had something special to bring to the table.

The only thing she herself had to offer, was her dastardly semblance... After all, even from her first days in this world, she had been nothing more than an unwavering Grimm magnet.

That's why she wouldn't rest untill every last one of those creatures, were no more.

Maybe then... She can finally find a place to belong, a place where she wasn't shunned or feared.

A place where she could finally belong.

But as long as even a single creature of Grimm remained, such a thing seemed merely like a silly fantasy to her... Something she could never hope to achieve.

And so, here she was... Perched on this branch, keeping her distance from even Ael, who was supposed to be her partner for the time being, waiting for just the right opportunity to strike as the creature's stinger got closer... And closer... Until the opportunity finally arose for her to deal one, final, blow.

"Gotchya now... Ya git!"

She muttered, and then... She leapt, gripping her weapon tightly in her hands.

As she began to fall through the air once more, and yet again... That same fear that had once gripped her earlier, when she had plummeted from that ship in the air... The same fear that caused her semblance to flare up once more, a rather intense, yellow glint shining in her eyes this time... Just before she swung her spear downwards, aiming to cleave straight through the weakest part of the stinger; the point of which she had believed to have seen it waver.

She didn't exactly plan out what would happen next, but kept herself poised, intending to keep her landing as smooth as possible.

Even if her weapon itself wasn't strong enough to penetrate the Deathstalker's armor, she would hopefully have at the very least, permanently taken out its primary weapon as her teammates kept it distracted.

Was this her way of showing teamwork? Did she actually listen to Ael's words?

Honestly, it was hard to tell with someone like her, as it was just as likely she was simply using the situation to her own advantage, and this was just a coincidental act that only seemed like some degree of co-operation with the others around her.

Others who she still refused to outright call her "teammates".​

Mason - ??? - Aelius, Tiara and Hazel

Mason felt like thanking his lucky stars as his eyes locked with who his new partner would be. His older brother had warned him that it might be hard to find other Faunus in this new kingdom, yet here was a snow-white fox who was not only available to be a friend, but was now his partner! And his partner was fairly cute at that. She was cute to the point that it made his cheeks blush and his wolf ears wiggle and...

Nearly cost him his life.

Mason was shocked back into reality by his new Faunus partner and the golden-haired warrior holding off the powerful pincers of the Grimm from taking him out. "Thanks for the assist," he mumbled as he reassessed the situation.

Mason had caught two names, Aelius and Hazel. It seemed that Hazel had lured the Deathstalker closer to the one fighter equipped to deal with enemies at long range. Clearly, she must be the tactician amongst the group. Mason sighed and adjusted accordingly. The string of his bow retreacted like a coiling tape measure and the frame bent and reshaped itself into the handle of his gun. He reattached the barrel of his pistol, opting to keep the Ice Dust ammunition within its chamber. Looking to the trees, he saw that Hazel had taken up his role of sniper. It wouldn't have been his decision, but he wasn't in a position to argue.

With Aelius and the yet still anonymous arctic fox holding off the pincers, Mason took aim and unloaded several rounds of ammunition into the most available target: the Deathstalker's face. This probably aggrivated the creature, but would at least slow it down somewhat.

Over the roar of gunfire, Mason took what time he could to introduce himself. "Mason Moretti. Nice to meet you all. Especially you," he said, directed towards his partner.

Placing the barrel of his gun up against the claw that Tiara was parrying and pulling the trigger, Mason hoped to free her from the struggle. He said to her, "I think we'll make a good match. Faunus ears, fashion sense, and we're both adorable. If you're a good tactician and like video games, then that would be five for five. Might I get your name?"

As Mason moved to do the same and attempt to free Ael from his struggle, he noticed Hazel taking potshots at the frozen scorpion tail. He saw her deep focus on the tail, despite the thick layer of ice encasing it. From his perspective it appeared as if her goal was to shoot directly through the iced-over portion of the tail. "Hazel, what are you doing?!" Mason cried out.

He holstered his pistol as Hazel switched her weapon back into its spear-like state. His right arm, now empty-handed, began glowing with a reddish-orange aura. Aelius and the fox Faunus may have felt the heat as his Semblance began to activate.

The moment Hazel lept into the air, Mason followed, aiming for the same point she was. Using the Deathstalker's face as a stepping stone, (while hoping he had frozen it sufficiently with Ice Dust bullets previously,) he lunged for the Deathstalker's frozen stinger. Midair, his right arm bursted into flame by the power of his Semblance. He punched the frozen tail with all his might, hoping to transfer the flames from his arms and melt the ice, giving Hazel a much easier time cutting through the Deathstalker tail.

So, to recap, because recaps are part of my writing voice now: Mason shot ths scorpion in the face, shot the pincer that Tiara was fighting, and used Fire Punch on the tail.

A @Accelerator M @Mason Moretti T @Accelerator H @york