Erin felt a bit uneasy knowing that all three of his team mates are girls, for obvious reasons. But now was not the time to be that way, He wanted to set up his computer that had arrived here by ship... As well as unpack of course. So He made his way over to the dorms in search of the one team STEL was assigned to, with MAI being the only one by his side at the moment (To his knowledge at least). Though he did admit it would be nice to have some company as he pulled a moving cart around looking for the room. Ten minutes passed and he finally found it, team STEL's room. He knocked to make sure he wasn't walking in on anyone, he was the only guy on the team after all. When he didn't get any response from the other side he assumed it was empty and walked in, as luck would have it he was the first one here. "Look, there's even a spot for your computer. Hook it up, I'm eager to stretch my code out." MAI would sau to him. Erin would do just that, it didn't seem like the wall would obstruct anything if he set up his rig there, not did it seem like it would be any problem to set it up at all. After another good ten minutes his computer was set up, on, and he uploaded MAI onto a small pad-like device he had plugged into it. Mai would then materialize as a small holographic woman, that would stretch her arms out as if she had a long and tiresome day. "Ah, it feels good to be in here again. I've been inside that bracer for at least a month." she said sounding relaxed. "Yeah sorry about that, but at least now we can take a load off." Erin said smiling to MAI, as he got up to leave the room. "I'm Hunger, so I'm going to head down to the cafeteria for dinner. Introduce your self to the team if they so happen to swing by here if I'm not back here first." Erin smiled at her once again and closed the door.

The Academy was quite impressive, Erin hails from a contrary that is mostly desert so he doesn't get to see so much exotic plants and animals all that often. As he made his way to the mess hall he couldn't help but dink in the beauty of this place, he just could find himself getting over how colorful and alive everything is. I was NOTHING like from the lands he's from, and he was loving the change of scenery. After the relaxing walk he found him self at the cafeteria and took a good helping of food, A great view AND a hot meal tasty meal? This school seemed to have everything, Erin found an empty tale and began to eat.

@(Anyone really)

"Ahem. First off, we have… Team TPAS, consisting of Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer. Lead by Teanna Sky." Accordingly, their names appeared on the screen, and they were sent to the stage before being dismissed.
"I...I'm leader?" She repeated in disbelief. She didn't really know how to react to that, if she was being honest. The daughter of a baker...now a leader of a team of huntresses and huntsman. To come from near poverty to this....whatever words she would have said remained locked in her throat. She could fight, sure. When her father made it apparent she would not be a baker's heiress, well. That left her with the freedom to learn something else. Adept in martial arts, especially with nerve strikes. Combined with her semblance, she did consider herself a hard person to beat and that was what the world around them needed.

Still, this? The normally overly cheery girl was dead serious, mouth a thin impassive line. To think following Audrey down her path when they first met would lead to this...

Teanna turned to face Audrey, who's own expression was unreadable. "What do you think?"

"...I think you're airheaded. Boundlessly optimistic...and naïve. Not a strong mind for strategy or tactics."

Teanna's face fell, even as somewhere in the back of her mind she realized there was some truth in her words.

"But-" Teanna lifted her eyes, looking at Audrey. The blonde's own face had softened from the unreadable stony gaze of a few seconds earlier. "You're friendly, able to make strong personal connections with almost casual ease. Your semblance gives you a remarkable advantage in keeping your team functional...and no one I've ever met has as much team spirit as you do. Not to mention while initially you did follow me, as I went on my way? You led me too. Stopped me from making decisions I might have regretted in the long-term. These are important qualities in a leader. I admit that much." She smiled.

"So in short...I approve--" Audrey was promptly cut off by a wildly enthusiastic hug from Teanna. Momentarily taken aback, it took a few moments before the surprise gave way and she just shook her head. "Should've expected that. Anyways, guess we should get to know our team? Or eat, I'm freaking starving."

@Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
David sat in a seat and had some food as he tried to process everything that had just happened. They had all survived the first trial of the academy and that meant, they were in. He didn't have any doubts that he would make it to the academy, but what had shocked him was that he had been placed as the team leader. There was the more Energetic Kwame, the more brutal Franky and the strange Bianca, but they had wanted him. Him- the student's semblance relied on how hurt he was. The cursed semblance as he called it- he had to break his bones so many time to get what he wanted and now he was the leader of the team. " So, I guess.... that happened," he said, still at a loss for words.

@Hospes @BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee

( ̄ー ̄)

Samantha Guinness managed to enroll herself into the academy of Eden after a fair tribulation in way of the opener examination. She'd immerse herself in the visible apartness she expressed herself through, keeping to herself far from the others, whether it be a secluded corner or a covered alcove. The loner vibes were definitely palpable, absolutely radiating off Sammy's person what with the quirk of shadows that seemed to play in her vicinity, standing about her. Staring over her. Her eyes were closed, her features fairly inexpressive with a tinge of somberness to it. She bided her time, exercising patience to great lengths, with the simple application of music streamed to the buds in her ear, from a custom scroll of her own.

She was in a world of her own until the headmaster had shattered it with the cacophonous message he outputted to all. Out of respect and what little decorum her family instilled in her, a single bud was gingerly removed from an ear as she flicked a gaze toward the techno-apparition of Solomon Oran. The shadows from earlier disapparated soon as she did so.

A poor opener of a joke that went ignored, Sam curiously listened to the rest of his message and indubitably sprang to action upon the closing statements he'd made.

"Bloody hell," she'd said before finding herself in a freefall.

And it was here we came to the start of Sammy Guinn's story, with a fated meeting and a dance with death in the form of a passing raven. It was only regrettable that, due to wanton surprise and distress brought upon by the spontaneous jettison from the shuttle, that our heroine's entrance wasn't as heroic as one'd like. It was definitely dramatic though.

A massive tree, an ancient evergreen by the looks of it, was rent down the center to its roots. It was aflame as our girl in black stood before the scene of her crime, staring on, eyes wide and mouth agape. She'd misused Gae Bolg just slightly... incorrect. There it was, its keen head embedded into the scorched earth amid the inferno, the tree's sundered trunks surrounding it at its sides. It had helped immensely in dispersing a major portion of momentum in its wielder.

It was just unfortunate that this tree was on the receiving end of such. More so when the spear's mystical talent was the emission of infernal flame.

"I am so sorry."

She didn't really care about the Nevermore nearby, the one that was rudely screeching toward her way. Well, not entirely true. She quirked a soured glance its direction, frowning briefly... before she pushed ahead, seemingly skipping in place for a split second before she sped toward her beloved artifact, snatching it from amid the flames and arming herself as proper.

Then there was a flash of red and the once more familiar odor of burning.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer. @Hospes
The ensuing fight with the nevermore was the stuff of legend. Guitars were shredded, spears were stabbed, razorsharp feathers flew. Semblances were revealed, terrible taste in music was argued, someone probably cried.

But in the end, though they were bloodied and beaten and almost out of aura, the nevermore was slain, destroyed underneath the grim might of metal and darkness.

Which made getting the rest of the way really easy since Vas could just use the mangled corpse to fly them there.

-------------------------------​
Chapter Two: Out of the Fray

After a long day of fighting Grimm, struggling through shrubbery, and searching for relics, the students would finally manage to make it through their first trial of finding the academy. One by one, they filtered through the woods, eventually stumbling upon an incredibly beautiful sight as they did so…

lights%20multicolor%20fantasy%20art%20digital%20art%20artwork%20tera%20online_www.artwallpaperhi.com_44.jpg

...Eden Academy.

It was as large and nature-filled as the rest of the woods, but somehow? All the more beautiful. Illuminated by bulbous plants, surrounded be shimmering clear water with a grand structure at it's center. Invisible to the naked eye, lost in the woodlands that are far too treacherous for normal people to cross safely. The ideal hiding place for an academy. Though it seemed unfair, hiding such beauty from the world.

Regardless, as the students streamed in, their heads were counted and they were seated in what seemed like a large auditorium to await the others. One by one-- or, rather, two by two they came, greeted with a firm nod from awaiting staff and a congratulation on their surviva-- arrival. Eventually, all students seemed to be accounted for.

Soon after this was confirmed? The big man, the face of the academy, himself, walked into view at the center of the auditorium, a smile on his face as he regarded his soon-to-be students with something like pride. Perhaps something else as well, but there was no real time to tell before he blinked it away, finally addressing them all. "I do apologize, students. I'm certain you'd all love to be in bed right about now, or relaxing in whatever way suits your fancy," he mused. "But first, there are a few final matters that need attended to.." he trailed off, opening his arms outward to all of the students. "Welcome to Eden Academy!"

"Allow me to congratulate you all on making it here unharmed. It's a feat not many are capable of," he spoke, truthfully, turning and beginning to calmly pace. "But you've all proven yourselves. And as such, it's time to assign your teams!" he declared with flourish, moving to the side of the stage, a screen visible up and to his right. "Starlene, if you would?"

While the woman he spoke to was not in sight, it could be presumed that she complied to whatever he wished, a stern female voice ringing out over the intercoms. "Of course, sir," was the first response. Muffled, as though it weren't intended for the entire crowd, but it had reached them nonetheless. "Ahem. First off, we have… Team TPAS, consisting of Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer. Lead by Teanna Sky." Accordingly, their names appeared on the screen, and they were sent to the stage before being dismissed.

"Next is team DARK-- David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo, and Kwame von Spinne, to the stage, please," the voice droned on, the process repeating. Perking up eagerly where she had been sitting, Bianca shot out of her seat, grabbing Franky's hand with enthusiasm to tug him towards the stage with Kwame and David in tow as well.

"Aelius Cedomir, Mason Moretti, Tiara Pendragon and Hazel Sterling form team AMTH. STEL is… Hm?" There was a pause in the announcement, unclear whispers in the background. Eventually, the female voice returned. "...I see. Ahem, STEL will be made up of Samantha Guinness, Vasili Thana, Erin Valix, and Lilac Azura… In addition, Aqua Dakkar, Angus Lake, and Qing You Xia are needed outside the premises. It appears some emergencies have come up and you'll be required.. elsewhere," she added. In the audience, Midna blinked with surprise, exchanging a look with her partner. For a moment, she actually hesitated, actually feeling uncomfortable with the idea of him leaving. So far, he was the only one she'd managed more than two sentences to.. But oh, well. No goodbyes were uttered, he merely left in silence.

And she let him.

"...JSMM features Duivel Jones, Joylu Sun-Shin, Mona Creum and Ming Meixiu. Felix Velos, Liliya Blednyy, Sylvester Yin and Windia Milkyway will form team FLYM. Finally, Midna Eclipse, Eshell Tyr, Soneri Aundarya, and Duke Velos will form team MEAD.. With the former and latter as partners, due to your original ones being required elsewhere."

It was a long announcement, made longer by the fact that each of these teams were formally called to the stage and dismissed, but it was worth it… Because finally, they were being dismissed from the assembly. "For tonight? That is all," the headmaster interrupted at the end, returning to center stage. "The cafeteria is filled with refreshments and delicacies. Take your picks and eat well… After, you ought to get some rest in your respective new dorms. You'll need the energy for tomorrow."

Thank goodness that was over.

Finally, the students were all dismissed from the assembly, allowed to do as they wished. Whether that was simply head to their new dorms, make chat with the other students, or head to the cafeteria to fill up and go from there. It seemed that it was up to them. But it really was probably not a bad idea to grab some food after the long day they'd had.

@Accelerator @Crimson Spartan @BlueFlameNikku @C.T. @Indolent @QuakeUPSB @Demmy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @TyranntX @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Minerva @True Ending Eliza @Valentyne
Vas stretched out her arms above her head as she listened to the announcement, a bland, tired look in her eyes after the offscreen because I am easly distracted excitement earlier.She did her best to take note of who was listed as their new team, and glanced over at the girl she'd just fought to the death against the most metal poultry to ever threaten the skies.

"...So... which one of those names was you?"

What? They were busy before.

@Indolent @Valentyne @TyranntX @Hospes @The best team​

"I...I'm leader?" She repeated in disbelief. She didn't really know how to react to that, if she was being honest. The daughter of a baker...now a leader of a team of huntresses and huntsman. To come from near poverty to this....whatever words she would have said remained locked in her throat. She could fight, sure. When her father made it apparent she would not be a baker's heiress, well. That left her with the freedom to learn something else. Adept in martial arts, especially with nerve strikes. Combined with her semblance, she did consider herself a hard person to beat and that was what the world around them needed.

Still, this? The normally overly cheery girl was dead serious, mouth a thin impassive line. To think following Audrey down her path when they first met would lead to this...

Teanna turned to face Audrey, who's own expression was unreadable. "What do you think?"

"...I think you're airheaded. Boundlessly optimistic...and naïve. Not a strong mind for strategy or tactics."

Teanna's face fell, even as somewhere in the back of her mind she realized there was some truth in her words.

"But-" Teanna lifted her eyes, looking at Audrey. The blonde's own face had softened from the unreadable stony gaze of a few seconds earlier. "You're friendly, able to make strong personal connections with almost casual ease. Your semblance gives you a remarkable advantage in keeping your team functional...and no one I've ever met has as much team spirit as you do. Not to mention while initially you did follow me, as I went on my way? You led me too. Stopped me from making decisions I might have regretted in the long-term. These are important qualities in a leader. I admit that much." She smiled.

"So in short...I approve--" Audrey was promptly cut off by a wildly enthusiastic hug from Teanna. Momentarily taken aback, it took a few moments before the surprise gave way and she just shook her head. "Should've expected that. Anyways, guess we should get to know our team? Or eat, I'm freaking starving."

And thus did Shizune and Alcander go on the longest chase scene of their lives, never actually catching whatever had almost run them over.

Despite the long yet speedy journey to the school grounds, Shizune wasn't much other than winded by the time they arrived. She didn't do much running, just kept her grappling lines and wind breath pushing her momentum forward as she did her best to keep up with the flaming freight train below that was her new partner.

When they finally caught sight of the school, the breath of relief that Shizune wanted to let out was sucked up by a gasp of surprise. Sure, she'd heard from her older siblings what Eden was like, but it was one thing to hear it put into words, and another entirely to see the unearthly, glowing architecture with her own eyes.

It took everything in her not-that-impressive willpower not to just wander off to explore the school grounds, and at least of the staff members directing the new arrivals had to steer her away from one particularly vibrant and colorful display of lights and flowers off the path to the initiation speech. When they did arrive, she did her best to listen, but apart from vaguely catching the name of her new teammates, she was too busy staring wide eyed at the way the ceiling was made to really catch what was being said.

That said, when the speech was done she glanced around for the two that had been named and tugged on Alcander's shirt and nodded her head off towards them before she skipped off in that direction.

Heeeellllooooo new teammates! You're Teanna and Audrey, right?" She asked as she bounded up next to the pair midhug with a beaming grin.

"Any chance of this becoming a celebratory group hug?" :D

@Crimson Spartan @C.T. @Hospes @the other best team

Felix Velos

Felix looked over at her new team. So this was the band of kids she was to lead for the rest of her time at Eden Academy, she thought to herself. Interesting. While she had had very brief interactions with her new teammates before arriving at the school, it seemed that this would be quite an interesting new development. Scanning the room, she locked eyes with her brother for a brief moment. He seemed to be quite out of his element as well. Heaving a sigh to herself, Felix recognized that she would have to at least try and make some sort of effort to deal with her new "friends."

"I'm grabbing some dinner. Join if you'd like."

Without another word, The Rook turned and headed down the hall towards the dining facilities, secretly hoping she wouldn't have to eat alone.

@Gummi Bunnies
@Hospes
@Accelerator

Duke Velos

Across the hall, Duke was with his new team. It had been a weird trip to the school. He had met a crazy rocker girl which he had believed to be his new partner, only to have her get whisked away for some unknown reason. It was odd, but maybe that was how Eden Academy did things. Who knew. He hoped to see the girl again, however. She had been quite a character.

Turning to the group that was his new team, Duke smiled his signature grin.

"So..that was one hell of a day hmm? I've never seen so many people fall from the sky at once!" he laughed cheerily.

@Hospes
@Demmy
@Gummi Bunnies

Heeeellllooooo new teammates! You're Teanna and Audrey, right?" She asked as she bounded up next to the pair midhug with a beaming grin.

"Yup." "Yeah." The pair replied one after another. "But as leader, I should do the formal introductions, right? Yeah-" She still didn't release Audrey. "I'm Teanna and this is Audrey and of course we can all hug! I'm team leader now and hugs are free, I say."

Audrey protested, given her facial expression but didn't resist otherwise.

Mason Moretti - ??? - Aelius, Tiara, Hazel

Mason was awestruck and starstruck as he watched Tiara gracefully launch the beast into the air with her strike. Like Aelius, he recognized the move. However, Tiara's movements called out to memories much more familiar to Mason. Her name itself, Tiara Pendragon, referenced something that Mason's mind deemed impossible.

His brain was held captive by the impossibility. The clashing of of weapons against the armor of the Grimm were distant from where Mason's mind was. His body stood rooted in place, as he thought to himself, "That move has to be impossible. She doesn't play video games, and even if she did, then she shouldn't be able to use Hammer of the Wind King by herself. I've definitely tried, and just by watching you cant. No, a person would need the proper weapon, the right Semblance, and tons of training to pull it off. So, Pendragon... Is she really..."

Mason was brought back to reality by the force of the Deathstalker's body crashing down in front of him. His heart missed a beat until the beast's physical form wasted away to a black dust. With their opponent defeated, Mason exhaled a sigh a relief.

Mason moved his weapon to its holster, attaching at his right hip with a satisfying click. He checked his supply of Dust at his left side, and finding himself still well stocked and organized, he looked upon the new resource he had gained: his partner, and two potential friends.

Aelius and Hazel both appeared to have much more battle experience than he did, and Tiara, he deduced, had talents far beyond what she showed. All three of these people showed promise and talent, and to some degree Mason felt jealous. They were strong and powerful, and all Mason had going for himself was a bow, some Dust, and strategy which he couldn't always rely on. "Perhaps I can learn from them," he thought to himself.

Mason's exterior, however, remained bright, cheery, and beaming with light. With almost a song in his voice, he said, "Great job guys! We beat it! Though, we still have a mission at hand. Gotta find those tokens. Maybe... We should split up and cover some more ground to find those totem-token-things? We do have our partners now, and we're not sure that these sets of partners are going to be on the same team. We don't want to waste time..."

As Mason chattered on, he inched closer towards the arctic fox. He made a move to grab her hand and said, "Right, partner? Let's get going!" Then he sprinted off towards the woods, whether or not the hand he grabbed and the Tiara it was attached to came along. If her hand slipped away, he felt shat she would chase after him soon enough. He hoped to put some distance between the two sets of partners, and gain a moment of privacy with Tiara.

Once he felt there was some adequate distance, his pace slowed, but his breath did not. He still talked in a hushed tone, as if he did not trust the silence around him. He said, "I know we have secrets. I know you're going to have yours, but as of today you're stuck with me for four years. I just need to know one thing..."

He looked into Tiara's eyes. His own emerald orbs showed a level of maturity and seriousness that wasn't there before as he asked, "What's a living legend like you doing at Eden as a student?"

A @Accelerator M @Mason Moretti T @Accelerator H @york
[fieldbox=Tiara Pendragon, Aqua, solid]
XnmMGhM.png

A triumphant grin was visible on Tiara's face after the dark-skinned girl had finished off the Death Stalker. She knew she could have easily dispatched the scorpion-grimm herself but she was glad she didn't. After all, it was fun seeing the dark-skinned girl regard the blonde knight in such a friendly way, then acting all prickly after realizing she was being friendly. The arctic fox couldn't help but secretly ship the two together due to their interesting interactions. Besides, one look at the blonde knight and it's obvious that he has a thing for the brunette.

She was about to approach the knight and tease him a bit before asking about his semblance but it seems her "new" partner had other plans. Without so much as awaiting her response, Mason suggested that the two pairs split up to increase their chances of quickly locating the relics, before dragging her to the woods once again. Needless to say that she was surprised by this sudden gesture, but Tiara was also starting to take an interest with Mason because of the initiative he had been showing. And for that reason, she allowed him to lead her by the hand while they navigated the forest, whereas she would normally not allow anyone to do this.

When they've managed to put up quite the distance from Ael and Hazel, Tiara noticed Mason's pace slowing down but he still talked in a hushed voice. It was as if he was afraid the forest may be listening on on whatever he was going to tell her. Wait... if he's this apprehensive about anyone listening in on them, then he's not going to confess to her now, right? Because if he is, then everything's going on too fast for her to keep up and she'll have to reject the poor boy's advances. Heck, she doesn't even know a single thing about him so you can't blame her, right?

"I know we have secrets. I know you're going to have yours, but as of today you're stuck with me for four years. I just need to know one thing..."

"What's a living legend like you doing at Eden as a student?"

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Tiara mentally screamed when she had heard a response worse than a poorly-timed confession from Mason. There was no way... there was simply no possible way this guy is knowledgeable about her past. She was assured nobody would know who she truly is by her dear friend... but now this person claims to know who she truly is... and he regarded her as a "living legend". Corona even forged fake records of her so she was certain that even if she used her real name, her true identity would not be revealed. So why... why does he claim to know who she---

As her eyes nervously darted around the terrain, desperately trying to find an excuse about her identity, a litteral glimmer of hope caught her attention. Shining upon a concealed pedestal were the relics that they were supposed to locate. She could feel excitement filling every part of her body as she grabbed Mason's hand and headed towards the pedestal. Grabbing both at the same time, she casually tossed one of them to her partner. This was it. Achieving their primary objective would dismiss any lingering thoughts about her identity. It was natural for humans to celebrate after triumphant moments such as this after all so Mason should supposedly not press the issue any further. But just to be sure...

"Well, I'm not really sure who you've confused me with, but I can assure you that I ain't anybody special. Though, I plan to change that in the future. And since you're supposed to be my partner for the next four years, you'll be the lucky faunus who gets a front row seat as I make my name known throughout all of Remnant!"

Well that may be a bit over the top, but she couldn't help it. That speech should more or less convince him to not pursue any information about her real identity... if he really does have any clue who she is, for that matter.

------------------------------------

After the staff named Starlene had started announcing the names and members of each team, most of the students were pumped with excitement and anticipation. Most of them Except for two people that is. Tiara, in particular, while interested how the teams are formed, wasn't as curious who the leader was going to be. If anything, she already knew in herself that shell be no good as a team leader. Her intuition also tells her that the staff may have been monitoring the progress of the students so if she's certain about one thing, then that blonde knight would certainly be a good leader.

However, what she didn't expect was for the person in question, and his tsundere partner to be teamed up with her and Mason. Tiara offered a grin as she regarded Ael, but frowned upon truly realizing how in contrast to his enthusiastic, and confident demeanor earlier, seemed to be in such a panicked, anxious, and jittery state now. She could practically hear the nervous clanking of the pieces of his armor against itself as he walked with them to the stage.

"Ey, Team Leader, no need to get so nervous. You led us wonderfully when we fought that Death Stalker, so I'm expecting great things from you. We'll be in your care from now on." Tiara said in a casual voice, hoping to tease Ael for a bit. However, even after having left the stage, she still noticed that he was still shaking quite a bit. If his semblance truly was what she thinks it is, then he should be experiencing the effects of his usage of it right about now. Though instead of standing by to help him if anything did happen, the arctic fox wanted to be considerate for the blonde night and his tsun partner. The side effects of taxing himself a while ago might just be what brings the two closer together.
@Mason Moretti @york
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Aelius Cedomir, Gold, solid]
x5YrAFq.png

Ael was the other person who didn't look as happy as the other students in the room after having successfully completed the headmaster's trial. While Tiara had been acting disinterested at the celebrations altogether, Ael was deeply grateful towards the help she and Mason provided a while ago. He would have profusely thanked them once again if not for the numbing pain coursing through every inch of his body. He had felt his muscles practically turn to lead the moment dusk arrived. He had only managed to stay conscious through sheer willpower alone but even that was sure to run out at any given moment.

"Khh... I've got to keep it together... at least until the opening ceremony's over..." Ael mentally screamed in his head as he awaited for the proceedings to finish.

By now cold sweat was starting to form on his forehead, and his senses were beginning to dull. Staying awake was already taking a conscious effort but Ael could do nothing but bid his time. After all, fainting right then and there would bring nothing but shame to not only him but his partner and would-be teammates as well.

When the time came for his teammates to be revealed, a smirk could be seen on his face when he realized the same people who aided in the assault against the Death Stalker had ended up as his teammates. However, that wouldn't last long as he found out just how painful it was to walk in his current condition, much less, remain standing up. His muscles were beginning to spasm from the pain that it seemed to have become apparent to some of his teammates, though they interpreted it in different ways.

Tiara, for instance, seemed to think he was nervous since he was selected as leader, and that may be true but under normal circumstances, he wouldn't be shaking this much.

"Heh, I'm glad such a dependable pair's... going to be our teammates. I'm looking forward to working with all of you from now on." Ael regarded all of his teammates as they headed to the stage.

He managed to keep his jitters in control at least as he proudly stood at the stage along with Hazel, Mason, and Tiara but after leaving the stage, Ael gently tugged Hazel to an empty hallway before promptly collapsing in front of her eyes. That was the very limit his body could hope to endure. After using his semblance to cut through all those trees, and releasing two simultaneous beams of energy, he was utterly exhausted.

"Help..." He weakly muttered as he lay motionless on the hallway's floor.

@Mason Moretti @york
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Windia Milkyway, Turquoise, solid]
Z0BlzM1.png

Windia, on the other hand, was glad that whole ordeal was over. She had thought that she would get along well with that Audrey girl but it seems they have different ideals when it came to combat. She's the advantage? That's some fatal thinking right there. People like her must be one of those types that think their presence alone is a big game-changer in a battlefield. They think that just because they are blessed with a powerful semblance, equipped with powerful weapons and combat training, or perhaps both, they're supposed to be the stars of the show or some great hero. Those kinds of people... are the ones who end up making fatal mistakes endangering not only their lives, but that of their teammates as well.

Sure confidence was good, but overconfidence gives you hubris. And Windia's glad that she won't be around Audrey when she does make that sort of fatal mistake since the two seem to belong to different teams. She could only hope that her attitude changes for the better during her stay here at Eden, not only for her own sake but for her teammates' as well.

On the bright side, Ael was appointed as team leader! And he looked quite nervous about it too. That, or he overtaxed himself again by abusing his semblance a while ago. Sure sucks to be him when he has to deal with those side effects every time he uses it. Though instead of coming to his aid, she turned a blind eye and allowed his new teammates to figure out what's wrong with him. After all, she wouldn't seize upon his opportunities to socialize with them, and she has her own teammates to interact with.

It was then that she realized that Felix Velos, Duke's twin sister, was not only going to be her teammate but also her team's leader. This should be interesting. She hadn't tried teasing her yet so what better time to start than now, right? And since Windia sort of has a thing for her brother now, having already considered him as a potential romantic candidate, what she's about to say next would definitely test how deep the siblings' bond truly is.

"Yo, wait up, Sister-in-law!" Windia called out to Felix in a sing-song voice.

"It's really great to see that you're our team leader. I've never really had a chance to talk with you yet though I've talked plenty with your brother. He's a great guy. I like him." Windia boldly told Felix in a nonchalant manner as they scooped up food on their plates.

"It's a shame he isn't on the same team. Considering you're twins, you two must have been doing practically everything together up till now, huh? Especially when it comes to fighting. But think of this as an opportunity for both of you to expand your horizons. While depending on each other is quite nice, it's not bad to depend on other people as well, you know? Anyways, me and my partner will be in your care from now on." Windia continued enthusiastically.

@Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @QuakeUPSB[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Quake
Felix Velos

Felix looked over at her new team. So this was the band of kids she was to lead for the rest of her time at Eden Academy, she thought to herself. Interesting. While she had had very brief interactions with her new teammates before arriving at the school, it seemed that this would be quite an interesting new development. Scanning the room, she locked eyes with her brother for a brief moment. He seemed to be quite out of his element as well. Heaving a sigh to herself, Felix recognized that she would have to at least try and make some sort of effort to deal with her new "friends."

Without another word, The Rook turned and headed down the hall towards the dining facilities, secretly hoping she wouldn't have to eat alone.

@Gummi Bunnies
@Hospes
@Accelerator
It all happened so fast, but now that they were at the academy, Liliya finally could take a breather. She honestly needed it. For a moment, she glanced over at the people that would be her teammates throughout her time here at Eden Academy. She recognized Windia from the earlier experience in that forest. Maybe now was the time to say some stuff she didn't get to say while they were in the heap of dealing with the Grimm.

"Um... Windia, I want to thank you for looking for me... out there. I wasn't sure what to do... but I think I can adapt to all of this."

Liliya twiddled her thumbs as she expressed her thanks towards her teammate. An itching feeling urged her to say more, but Felix broke the silence by saying something about dinner. That's right! She hasn't eaten at all, especially not during that whole forest exploration for the relics.

"O-Oh! I wouldn't mind having dinner alongside my teammates."

Well, she wasn't going to eat dinner by herself either. Not when she had so much to learn here.

@QuakeUPSB @Accelerator @Hospes
Duke Velos

Across the hall, Duke was with his new team. It had been a weird trip to the school. He had met a crazy rocker girl which he had believed to be his new partner, only to have her get whisked away for some unknown reason. It was odd, but maybe that was how Eden Academy did things. Who knew. He hoped to see the girl again, however. She had been quite a character.

"So..that was one hell of a day hmm? I've never seen so many people fall from the sky at once!" he laughed cheerily.

@Hospes
@Demmy
@Gummi Bunnies
"Well of course all of that happened, but I swear it better not happen again!"

Soneri was partially glad that it was all over now and that they can relax and such. However, she was slightly annoyed with the fact that she wasn't exactly the team leader here, and that the person that is to be team leader isn't up to her standards! Well, she felt hungry, and the idea of dinner enticed her. However, she wasn't going to serve herself. That was way too much work for her.

"Hey, kid, do me a favor and bring whatever is for dinner over to my dorm room. Understood?"

Seeing that Eshell was in their team, Soneri saw no reason but to boss him around. She sorta did that already not too long ago.

@Hospes @Demmy @QuakeUPSB

The ensuing fight with the nevermore was the stuff of legend. Guitars were shredded, spears were stabbed, razorsharp feathers flew. Semblances were revealed, terrible taste in music was argued, someone probably cried.
But in the end, though they were bloodied and beaten and almost out of aura, the nevermore was slain, destroyed underneath the grim might of metal and darkness.
Which made getting the rest of the way really easy since Vas could just use the mangled corpse to fly them there.​
I mean, Sammy most definitely didn't say anything. Probably. Likely. The girl, despite her rare moments of outwardly brusque words, tried to be considerate of others. Even in the middle of strange circumstances. Such as fighting a freakin' Nevermore after being jettisoned from an air shuttle.

That said...

Her taste in music was definitely the superior of the two and she had a flaming spear to bolster the point if need be. : |​
Vas stretched out her arms above her head as she listened to the announcement, a bland, tired look in her eyes after the offscreen because I am easly distracted excitement earlier.She did her best to take note of who was listed as their new team, and glanced over at the girl she'd just fought to the death against the most metal poultry to ever threaten the skies.
"...So... which one of those names was you?"
What? They were busy before.
@Indolent @Valentyne @TyranntX @Hospes @The best team​
(¬_¬;)

.... God, why?

A cough was Vasili's reply, as Samantha demurely peered to her new partner with an awkwardly crooked smile. To be honest, the entire reason Sammy Guinn was so standoffish about the entire thing was because she had been the fourth letter in her old team of BEES. She had expected to be the in same exact spot and wasn't it common knowledge that the person with their name at the front was typically the leader? So yes, it was a rather abrupt leap even for her.

"Looks like you're my second-in-command... partner," Sam finally answered, clearing it up for the other as she peered to the others in their team. The team of STEL.

"The name can't be ironic, honestly," she added as an aside.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Valentyne @TyranntX @Hospes

As Lilac staggered the massive Ursa, Erin took her advice and flanked to the right. "Eat my steel Smokey!" Erin would call out, as he charged the beast with an upward swing. Dragon Buster cut clean through its armor, like a hot knife through butter. But even with wound like that the beast still had more than enough power to fight on. And now the Ursa was focused on him and it didn't looks happy. "Erin, Try getting in closer and hit it in the same spot. If you can deepen the wound It should kill it." MAI would say, Erin would of course take that advice but he couldn't very well do it on the defensive. He needed to stagger it, and that's just what he planned to do. The Ursa Barreled towards him attacking with a left paw swipe, that's where Erin parried and took a leap to the right for another attack. This time how ever He would be sure to get closer to it, piratically getting a close up to it's shadowy pelt. He swung his sword up one last time, but the Ursa managed to counter back with a back-handed paw swipe. This cause Erin to get slammed int a tree trunk, "Well that didn't work out like I thought it would." He said getting back onto his feet. He had taken blows like that in the past, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. Once he was on his feet he stumbled around a bit and then took up a new defensive stance, using the large blade much like a shield with the blade pointed downward. "You didn't need to be that close you know" Erin ignored the snark from MAI and called out to his ally "Hey um, can you do that thing again? I think I can finish it off if I can get close enough."

@Valentyne
Lilac stepped forward as Erin was tossed into the tree. She spun in a tight pirouette as the Grimm's claw came down, deflecting herself off the strike with her sword and swinging the blade in a narrow arc as she came around again. Favored Soul cut a deep gash in the ursa's side just below where it had already been wounded. The beast roared and lashed out again and this time, knowing that the fight was practically over, Lily jumped as it struck, her sword clicking and disconnecting into a chain whip as she came down on its wide arm. She cut two shallow marks in its shoulder before it reached out and wrapped her in one massive claw. She stared at and uncharacteristically grinned for a split second before it squeezed, straining against her Aura and sending pain shooting through her entire body.

But the Grimm didn't know about her Semblance. The Shroud of Cain shone bright and white coils of light ripped themselves off the glow wrapping her body, streaking through the air and slamming into the monster, recoiling the exact agony it had inflicted upon her back onto it. It roared, an ear-splitting sound, and dropped her. Lilac swung her whip and wrapped it around the creature's neck as it reeled from its unexpected injury, slamming the ursa to the ground by pulling her arm back. With a flick of her wrist she coiled the weapon back up into a sword and drove it into the monster's back.

Turning as the Grimm dissolved into mist, she said. "Um...Hello."

Chapter Two: Out of the Fray

After a long day of fighting Grimm, struggling through shrubbery, and searching for relics, the students would finally manage to make it through their first trial of finding the academy. One by one, they filtered through the woods, eventually stumbling upon an incredibly beautiful sight as they did so…

lights%20multicolor%20fantasy%20art%20digital%20art%20artwork%20tera%20online_www.artwallpaperhi.com_44.jpg

...Eden Academy.

It was as large and nature-filled as the rest of the woods, but somehow? All the more beautiful. Illuminated by bulbous plants, surrounded be shimmering clear water with a grand structure at it's center. Invisible to the naked eye, lost in the woodlands that are far too treacherous for normal people to cross safely. The ideal hiding place for an academy. Though it seemed unfair, hiding such beauty from the world.

Regardless, as the students streamed in, their heads were counted and they were seated in what seemed like a large auditorium to await the others. One by one-- or, rather, two by two they came, greeted with a firm nod from awaiting staff and a congratulation on their surviva-- arrival. Eventually, all students seemed to be accounted for.

Soon after this was confirmed? The big man, the face of the academy, himself, walked into view at the center of the auditorium, a smile on his face as he regarded his soon-to-be students with something like pride. Perhaps something else as well, but there was no real time to tell before he blinked it away, finally addressing them all. "I do apologize, students. I'm certain you'd all love to be in bed right about now, or relaxing in whatever way suits your fancy," he mused. "But first, there are a few final matters that need attended to.." he trailed off, opening his arms outward to all of the students. "Welcome to Eden Academy!"

"Allow me to congratulate you all on making it here unharmed. It's a feat not many are capable of,"
he spoke, truthfully, turning and beginning to calmly pace. "But you've all proven yourselves. And as such, it's time to assign your teams!" he declared with flourish, moving to the side of the stage, a screen visible up and to his right. "Starlene, if you would?"

While the woman he spoke to was not in sight, it could be presumed that she complied to whatever he wished, a stern female voice ringing out over the intercoms. "Of course, sir," was the first response. Muffled, as though it weren't intended for the entire crowd, but it had reached them nonetheless. "Ahem. First off, we have… Team TPAS, consisting of Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer. Lead by Teanna Sky." Accordingly, their names appeared on the screen, and they were sent to the stage before being dismissed.

"Next is team DARK-- David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo, and Kwame von Spinne, to the stage, please," the voice droned on, the process repeating. Perking up eagerly where she had been sitting, Bianca shot out of her seat, grabbing Franky's hand with enthusiasm to tug him towards the stage with Kwame and David in tow as well.

"Aelius Cedomir, Mason Moretti, Tiara Pendragon and Hazel Sterling form team AMTH. STEL is… Hm?" There was a pause in the announcement, unclear whispers in the background. Eventually, the female voice returned. "...I see. Ahem, STEL will be made up of Samantha Guinness, Vasili Thana, Erin Valix, and Lilac Azura… In addition, Aqua Dakkar, Angus Lake, and Qing You Xia are needed outside the premises. It appears some emergencies have come up and you'll be required.. elsewhere," she added. In the audience, Midna blinked with surprise, exchanging a look with her partner. For a moment, she actually hesitated, actually feeling uncomfortable with the idea of him leaving. So far, he was the only one she'd managed more than two sentences to.. But oh, well. No goodbyes were uttered, he merely left in silence.

And she let him.

"...JSMM features Duivel Jones, Joylu Sun-Shin, Mona Creum and Ming Meixiu. Felix Velos, Liliya Blednyy, Sylvester Yin and Windia Milkyway will form team FLYM. Finally, Midna Eclipse, Eshell Tyr, Soneri Aundarya, and Duke Velos will form team MEAD.. With the former and latter as partners, due to your original ones being required elsewhere."

It was a long announcement, made longer by the fact that each of these teams were formally called to the stage and dismissed, but it was worth it… Because finally, they were being dismissed from the assembly. "For tonight? That is all," the headmaster interrupted at the end, returning to center stage. "The cafeteria is filled with refreshments and delicacies. Take your picks and eat well… After, you ought to get some rest in your respective new dorms. You'll need the energy for tomorrow."

Thank goodness that was over.

Finally, the students were all dismissed from the assembly, allowed to do as they wished. Whether that was simply head to their new dorms, make chat with the other students, or head to the cafeteria to fill up and go from there. It seemed that it was up to them. But it really was probably not a bad idea to grab some food after the long day they'd had.

@Accelerator @Crimson Spartan @BlueFlameNikku @C.T. @Indolent @QuakeUPSB @Demmy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @TyranntX @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Minerva @True Ending Eliza @Valentyne
Lilac did her level best to avoid meeting the eyes of her new teammates. She adjusted her choker, shifted her armour, redid the scabbard that Favored Soul rested in on her back, and generally fidgeted. Erin she had already fought with, but the other two girls were completely unfamiliar. Finally, the huntress looked up, nervously fingering the sword charm laying on her still-armoured chest. "Lilac Gwyneth Azura." She said awkwardly. "That, um, that's me." She started to raise her hand to shake, but, her head turning between Vasili and Sam, she decided in a split second against it and lowered her hand again, creating a weird, pointless jerky motion that no doubt solidified their opinions of her as a charmless individual. She remembered their faces from the images on the screen, taking a moment to connect them to the individuals standing in front of her. Finally she turned to Samantha, whose modern leather outfit was a sharp contrast to both the spear the other girl carried and Lilac's own retrofitted plate mail. She wanted to say...something to the team leader but had no idea what she should say, so instead she said. "Do you guys want to...get something to eat, or something?"

Reactions: TyranntX
David sat in a seat and had some food as he tried to process everything that had just happened. They had all survived the first trial of the academy and that meant, they were in. He didn't have any doubts that he would make it to the academy, but what had shocked him was that he had been placed as the team leader. There was the more Energetic Kwame, the more brutal Franky and the strange Bianca, but they had wanted him. Him- the student's semblance relied on how hurt he was. The cursed semblance as he called it- he had to break his bones so many time to get what he wanted and now he was the leader of the team. " So, I guess.... that happened," he said, still at a loss for words.

@Hospes @BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee
After the ceremony- if one could call it that -was over, a certain four-foot-eleven white-haired maiden was quick to rise from her seat, happy to be free of the final seeming 'assignment' of the day. She was tired, but more than that, she was hungry. She hadn't eaten all day and it was taking it's toll. So, promptly, she went to tug at Franky's arm in attempt to demonstrate she wanted him to follow-- after all, it wouldn't hurt to get to know her partner and other teammates over dinner --before starting to head towards the cafeteria with only slightly less pep to her step than earlier that day.

Luckily, it looked like at least one other member of their team was there. Score.

Naturally, the Faunus made a beeline for David, waving cheerfully and more than happily taking a seat across from him. Casually, she slid her bag off of her shoulder, leaving it on the floor at her side and pulling only a notebook and pen from it before leaving it be and helping herself to some food. An enthusiastic nod was the immediate response from Bianca to David's words, her ears perked upwards as she observed her teammates while simultaneously eating her share of food. She couldn't help but feel this was going to be a good term, though she couldn't quite say why...

Literally.

@BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

Meanwhile, a girlish squeak came from another area, it's owner literally bouncing up and down with excitement. "AhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't believe it!" she exclaimed with excitement, clapping her hands together with another squeak. "We're actually at Eden Academy. We're actually here, as actual students, going to become actual huntsmen and huntresses! Ohhhh I just can't believe it! Can you, Duviel??" Mona went on, bouncing up to her partner and gently hugging his arm before realizing something else, only brightening more as this occurred. "And you're the team leader! I bet you'll make an awesome one!"

Pausing only briefly, the white tiger Faunus seemed thoughtful for a moment, looking as though she were thinking long and hard about something. "We should celebrate! But hmm... How? I'm not really sure what there is to do around here just yet, aside from eat, sleep, and...--" Suddenly trailing off, Mona's ears perked straight up, her words ceasing altogether.​

@Crimson Spartan @C.T. @Hospes @the other best team​
".......MY HUG SENSE IS TINGLING."

After those words were spoken, she abruptly tacklehugged Duivel.

Oh gosh.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @TeamJSMMgo
Felix Velos

@Gummi Bunnies
@Hospes
@Accelerator

Duke Velos

@Hospes
@Demmy
@Gummi Bunnies

"Well of course all of that happened, but I swear it better not happen again!"

Soneri was partially glad that it was all over now and that they can relax and such. However, she was slightly annoyed with the fact that she wasn't exactly the team leader here, and that the person that is to be team leader isn't up to her standards! Well, she felt hungry, and the idea of dinner enticed her. However, she wasn't going to serve herself. That was way too much work for her.

"Hey, kid, do me a favor and bring whatever is for dinner over to my dorm room. Understood?"

Seeing that Eshell was in their team, Soneri saw no reason but to boss him around. She sorta did that already not too long ago.

@Hospes @Demmy @QuakeUPSB
"..."

There was, at first, silence from Midna. Which, wasn't exactly unusual. But surprisingly, it was actually broken as she glanced to Soneri with her typical deadpan, serious expression. "...He has a name," she stated, simply. And after that, she glanced the other female over with the same serious expression, surprisingly actually saying more.

"And you have legs."

And, with that, the cloaked female turned to walk away.

@Demmy @QuakeUPSB @Gummi Bunnies

And thus did Shizune and Alcander go on the longest chase scene of their lives, never actually catching whatever had almost run them over.

Despite the long yet speedy journey to the school grounds, Shizune wasn't much other than winded by the time they arrived. She didn't do much running, just kept her grappling lines and wind breath pushing her momentum forward as she did her best to keep up with the flaming freight train below that was her new partner.

When they finally caught sight of the school, the breath of relief that Shizune wanted to let out was sucked up by a gasp of surprise. Sure, she'd heard from her older siblings what Eden was like, but it was one thing to hear it put into words, and another entirely to see the unearthly, glowing architecture with her own eyes.

It took everything in her not-that-impressive willpower not to just wander off to explore the school grounds, and at least of the staff members directing the new arrivals had to steer her away from one particularly vibrant and colorful display of lights and flowers off the path to the initiation speech. When they did arrive, she did her best to listen, but apart from vaguely catching the name of her new teammates, she was too busy staring wide eyed at the way the ceiling was made to really catch what was being said.

That said, when the speech was done she glanced around for the two that had been named and tugged on Alcander's shirt and nodded her head off towards them before she skipped off in that direction.

@Crimson Spartan @C.T. @Hospes @the other best team
"Yup." "Yeah." The pair replied one after another. "But as leader, I should do the formal introductions, right? Yeah-" She still didn't release Audrey. "I'm Teanna and this is Audrey and of course we can all hug! I'm team leader now and hugs are free, I say."

Audrey protested, given her facial expression but didn't resist otherwise.

After all of that was settled the flaming freight train that was Alcander once reaching the school had managed to safely dispel the flames from his body causing him to return to normal. Well as Shizune tugged on his shirt after the speech and motioned to their allies Alcander silently walked over more then likely towering over his teammates.

"I-i'm uh.... Alcander a-and uh...not a fan of hugs so i'll uh....yeah..." Alcander was not a fan of hugging apparently.

@Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.

Windia Milkyway
Z0BlzM1.png

Windia, on the other hand, was glad that whole ordeal was over. She had thought that she would get along well with that Audrey girl but it seems they have different ideals when it came to combat. She's the advantage? That's some fatal thinking right there. People like her must be one of those types that think their presence alone is a big game-changer in a battlefield. They think that just because they are blessed with a powerful semblance, equipped with powerful weapons and combat training, or perhaps both, they're supposed to be the stars of the show or some great hero. Those kinds of people... are the ones who end up making fatal mistakes endangering not only their lives, but that of their teammates as well.

Sure confidence was good, but overconfidence gives you hubris. And Windia's glad that she won't be around Audrey when she does make that sort of fatal mistake since the two seem to belong to different teams. She could only hope that her attitude changes for the better during her stay here at Eden, not only for her own sake but for her teammates' as well.

On the bright side, Ael was appointed as team leader! And he looked quite nervous about it too. That, or he overtaxed himself again by abusing his semblance a while ago. Sure sucks to be him when he has to deal with those side effects every time he uses it. Though instead of coming to his aid, she turned a blind eye and allowed his new teammates to figure out what's wrong with him. After all, she wouldn't seize upon his opportunities to socialize with them, and she has her own teammates to interact with.

It was then that she realized that Felix Velos, Duke's twin sister, was not only going to be her teammate but also her team's leader. This should be interesting. She hadn't tried teasing her yet so what better time to start than now, right? And since Windia sort of has a thing for her brother now, having already considered him as a potential romantic candidate, what she's about to say next would definitely test how deep the siblings' bond truly is.

"Yo, wait up, Sister-in-law!" Windia called out to Felix in a sing-song voice.

"It's really great to see that you're our team leader. I've never really had a chance to talk with you yet though I've talked plenty with your brother. He's a great guy. I like him." Windia boldly told Felix in a nonchalant manner as they scooped up food on their plates.

"It's a shame he isn't on the same team. Considering you're twins, you two must have been doing practically everything together up till now, huh? Especially when it comes to fighting. But think of this as an opportunity for both of you to expand your horizons. While depending on each other is quite nice, it's not bad to depend on other people as well, you know? Anyways, me and my partner will be in your care from now on." Windia continued enthusiastically.

Felix Velos

Felix had been slightly startled by Windia's sudden perkiness and eagerness for conversation. Yet, despite being alarmed, the Rook managed to maintain her stoic appearance that screamed a lack of interest in everything and everyone. This quickly shifted into a steely gaze when her new teammate spoke and began mentioning Duke. Studying Windia as she made conversation, Felix finally spoke, her voice low and barely audible at first.

"Stay away from my brother."

Felix reached for an apple out of one of the fruit bowls nearby before continuing. "You think you know him, but you don't. His..demeanor," she paused, searching for the right words. "His attitude. His mannerisms. His perfect smile that swoons every brain dead female. Everything you think you like about him is a lie." As they took a seat at one of the tables, Felix continued talking, something she had done in only short spurts earlier that day. After all, she rarely spoke unless something was worth saying.

"We are Rooks." Felix explained, pointing towards the tattoo on her collarbone.

"We are liars. We are thieves. We are cheats. We are not your friends. We do not care about your feelings, about your dreams, or what you have to say. It's all just fuel. Fuel to take you down if you ever become a threat. The idea of you falling for my brother disgusts me. It tells me that at some point, he'll drop you, as he has all the other girls he's ever met. I've seen it, year after year; girl after girl. Maybe it will be years from now... or maybe it will be tomorrow. Maybe it will be in a perfect garden by a fountain on a Friday night..." Felix paused, letting her words set in. "Or maybe it'll be right before we go into a combat situation where people are depending on our success. If you're emotionally wrecked, you're going to get yourself or someone else on this team hurt. If that happens, we're going to have a problem." The Rook spoke the last sentence slowly and clearly, emphasizing her point with her fist tightly clenched on the dinner table.

Felix knew she was being harsh, and a bit cruel. She had spent her entire lecture avoiding eye contact with her new teammate to avoid dealing with any emotional hurt she might cause. Windia seemed like a nice girl, one who had clearly meant only to have a friendly first encounter with her but had gotten much more. Maybe Felix had exaggerated a little about how bad the Rooks were. Okay, quite a bit. Regardless, her point stood. Emotions made people weak and unreliable, which lead to mistakes. If breaking up whatever it was Windia and Duke had started at an early stage meant that they'd both be clear of emotional distress in the future and be able to survive just a little bit longer in this wretched world, Felix judged that it was worth it. After a moment of awkward silence, Felix sighed and spoke again, her ears locked intently with Windia, a softer, more gentler expression on her face.

"Trust me."

"Believe in me."

"I will keep our team safe, I promise you. But for your sake, as well as ours, leave my other half alone."

Felix reached out and squeezed Windia's hand gently, before realizing that the other members of her team were there as well. She quickly let go and wiped her hands on a napkin, tossing the rest of her meal in the trash.

"I think I'll retire for the night..."

Felix rose to leave the table...

@Accelerator

@Gummi Bunnies @Hospes

Meanwhile, a girlish squeak came from another area, it's owner literally bouncing up and down with excitement. "AhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't believe it!" she exclaimed with excitement, clapping her hands together with another squeak. "We're actually at Eden Academy. We're actually here, as actual students, going to become actual huntsmen and huntresses! Ohhhh I just can't believe it! Can you, Duviel??" Mona went on, bouncing up to her partner and gently hugging his arm before realizing something else, only brightening more as this occurred. "And you're the team leader! I bet you'll make an awesome one!"

Pausing only briefly, the white tiger Faunus seemed thoughtful for a moment, looking as though she were thinking long and hard about something. "We should celebrate! But hmm... How? I'm not really sure what there is to do around here just yet, aside from eat, sleep, and...--" Suddenly trailing off, Mona's ears perked straight up, her words ceasing altogether.​

".......MY HUG SENSE IS TINGLING."

After those words were spoken, she abruptly tacklehugged Duivel.

Oh gosh.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @TeamJSMMgo​
The sound of wet, trudging boots followed underneath the girlish screaming noise, as Duivel emerged from the forest with a dead look on his face, his menacing chainsword holstered on his waist and his grotesque Dutchman hook swinging side to side as he walked. A guttural groan escaped his throat as he rubbed his greasy hair, glaring down at the high-speed Mona.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I can see the goddamn buildings. That's why I still have me fuckin' eye."

For the last hour (?) or so, he carried this little Faunus' ass through a boring forest, and had to pull every urge in his mind, body and soul not to leave the rotten kid on the side of the beach and have her find her way through the Grimm; however, there weren't any Grimm as far as he could tell, so the dread pirate that was Duivel Jones became the dread FUCKING BABY SITTER (or a baby fucking sitter if you're that depraved).

Damn kid. Duivel lost track of her a couple times when they were on their way here.

He didn't want to--

Ah, well, anyway.

Taking a moment to turn his attention away from Mona, Duivel idly stared at the massive building that towered before him; Eden Academy, or something like that. The whole complex filled his crippled field of view, eliciting a quiet "Nice..." from him...and, an actual smirk crawling along his lips, if Mona was looking.

Before he'd even think of trying this Hunter business, Duivel heard of the Academies through the idle chatter of his fathers crew, and through the Vacuo grapevine. It wasn't anything detailed; hushed tales about giant buildings too expensive and "holier" for any of the assassins, thieves and slaves that stalked the world Duivel lived in.

Some would consider this a victory for the little people in Vacuo-- to see a native looking upon an actually sufficient Hunter Academy with at least a single eye.

Duivel considered it something beyond his thought. He left ghosts in Vacuo. He'd no intention to give them any sort of victory beyond their watery graves. He turned to Mona, sighing, "Can't say I really-- wait, team captain? The hell are you--- FUCK!!"

Duivel was caught off guard with another one of Mona's glomps, sending him crashing to the ground for the fourth or fifth time today. Immediately rising to his feet, Duivel roared and hooked Mona by her coat, effortlessly (and harmlessly!!) lifting her up off the ground and glaring at her and the rest of the team.

"Team captain, you say?"

"Captain..."

"Captain, captain, captain."

"I like that word."

"Yes, Team Captain."

He glanced to Mona. "So, not only do I gotta deal with your shite, but now I get to babysit the REST of you lot?" A guttural, hardy laugh boomed from his lungs, exposing his horrid, fish-like breath and his single golden tooth that stood among a putrid display of rotting teeth. Some of them looked sharpened to a point, like fangs.

"By the seven fuckin' seas, now I know this is gonna kill me."

Unhooking Mona and letting her plop to the ground, Duivel's crimson eye pierced the rest of the group; Ming, Joylu and Mona seemed to be at the mercy of this grossly unsavory individual. A spark lit within the young pirate, something he may have carried from his father. He could naturally sense weakness in his team-- or, rather, his crew.

"Listen up."

"If this system is gonna be makin' me the captain of this shite excuse of a crew, then we're gonna make some policies to make sure that EVERYONE here doesn't end up gettin' themselves killed by either me or whatever the hell we're gonna be fightin. Grimm, or somethin' like that."

"Rule 1 - Don't touch me."

"Rule 2 - Don't touch me shit."

"Rule 3 - Don't ask me questions."

"Rule 4 - If someone dies, don't get their blood on me shit."

"Rule 5 - Don't get in my way."

"I don't know what the hell we're gonna be doin' but It's better to take command now instead of lettin' some other jackass take it and, oops, he gets gutted for gross incompetence, because they don't be fuckin' around when it comes to Hunters. And I don't jus' mean in this Academy. No, no, no-- you fuck up here, you die when you leave, plain an' simple."

"...So, you stick with me, and we live through this, eh? We go above and beyond, ooooooh yeah, like big goddamn heroes. You live forever as a Hunter. That's why I'm here, and I can give that gift back.."

Duivel chuckled grimly, raising his rusty, jagged hook to scratch the dead skin resting on his chin, before he walked forward and stared down his newly-founded team.

"I mean, you don't fear death, do you?"

A devilish grin waned across the captains face.

@Hospes @Minerva @True Ending Eliza @JSMM

I mean, Sammy most definitely didn't say anything. Probably. Likely. The girl, despite her rare moments of outwardly brusque words, tried to be considerate of others. Even in the middle of strange circumstances. Such as fighting a freakin' Nevermore after being jettisoned from an air shuttle.

That said...

Her taste in music was definitely the superior of the two and she had a flaming spear to bolster the point if need be. : |​

(¬_¬;)

.... God, why?

A cough was Vasili's reply, as Samantha demurely peered to her new partner with an awkwardly crooked smile. To be honest, the entire reason Sammy Guinn was so standoffish about the entire thing was because she had been the fourth letter in her old team of BEES. She had expected to be the in same exact spot and wasn't it common knowledge that the person with their name at the front was typically the leader? So yes, it was a rather abrupt leap even for her.

"Looks like you're my second-in-command... partner," Sam finally answered, clearing it up for the other as she peered to the others in their team. The team of STEL.

Vas glanced over with a raised eyebrow at the remark, shifting the strap that held the guitar case across her shoulder as she frowned

"Riiiiiight. Listen, not bein rude here, and your semblence and your weapon is super metal, but a specter of death such as myself recieves no commands"

She kicked her foot up behind her to hit the case, causing it to swing open. She twirled and snatched her instrument of war as it fell out of the case from the motion, spinning it into her hand as she swung her hand down into a strum.

"I DELIVER IT AS I SEE FIT, UPON DESERVING OF MY WRATH! HAHAHAAHAAAA!"

"The name can't be ironic, honestly," she added as an aside.​

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Valentyne @TyranntX @Hospes

She frowned as she spun the guitar around to rest across the back of her shoulders, her arms draped across it as she cocked her head. "But what if it was ironic? Then wouldn't it be ironic that you didn't think it was ironic? What then?" She said with the same gravitas as a doctor pronouncing a man dead.​
the scabbard that Favored Soul rested in on her back, and generally fidgeted. Erin she had already fought with, but the other two girls were completely unfamiliar. Finally, the huntress looked up, nervously fingering the sword charm laying on her still-armoured chest. "Lilac Gwyneth Azura." She said awkwardly. "That, um, that's me." She started to raise her hand to shake, but, her head turning between Vasili and Sam, she decided in a split second against it and lowered her hand again, creating a weird, pointless jerky motion that no doubt solidified their opinions of her as a charmless individual. She remembered their faces from the images on the screen, taking a moment to connect them to the individuals standing in front of her. Finally she turned to Samantha, whose modern leather outfit was a sharp contrast to both the spear the other girl carried and Lilac's own retrofitted plate mail. She wanted to say...something to the team leader but had no idea what she should say, so instead she said. "Do you guys want to...get something to eat, or something?"
Her damning proclamation was forgotten in favor of the newcomer, and she gave the other girl a once over as she approached. Her bored frown turned into a dangerous smirk as she spun her instrument of her shoulder to slam into the floor blade end first, as her other hand pointed at Lily "Tell me, oh lady knight, clad in iron. Art thou only metal in armor, or art thou metal in soul?"

there was a brief moment of awkward silence after the interrogating question, before Vasili sniffed and shrugged.

"Yea. Food sounds good."

She flipped the guitar back up to rest on her shoulders, glancing back as she turned to walk towards the cafeteria. "Where's your partner, lady longname?"

@Indolent @Valentyne @TyranntX WHY CANT I SPELL YOUR NAME RIGHT EVER @Hospes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audrey protested, given her facial expression but didn't resist otherwise.​
"yessss" Shizune said with a small fistpump before she nigh leaped into the hug with a cackle. "I can already tell this team is gonna be great! C'mon Alcander, first group hug!"
After all of that was settled the flaming freight train that was Alcander once reaching the school had managed to safely dispel the flames from his body causing him to return to normal. Well as Shizune tugged on his shirt after the speech and motioned to their allies Alcander silently walked over more then likely towering over his teammates.

"I-i'm uh.... Alcander a-and uh...not a fan of hugs so i'll uh....yeah..." Alcander was not a fan of hugging apparently.

@Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.
She was heartbroken :')

But she rebounded quickly, giving the other two another squeeze before she released her prey and backed up with a sheepish grin. "Right, right, not that it should take much figuring out now, but my name's Shizune." She gave a bow with a sweep of her hand. "M'from the Shimmer clan, hunstwoman in training and professional hero. Nice to meet you two!" she said as she swung herself back up. She clasped her hand behind her back and swayed back and forth, glancing around as the students on the other teams made their own introductions and headed off to other parts of the school. For a brief second, her boundless grin faded into an absolutely withering glare as she happened to eyeball one of the other students, but she shook it off and looked back to her team.

"So! What'cha guys wanna do? Same thing as everyone else and go grab food, or build up some extra protagonist points and go explore this awesome school a little bit? If we're lucky, we'll stumble on a dark secret, or maybe even a mentor."

@C.T. @Crimson Spartan @Hospes

Last edited:
"Suit yourself."

"Thank god--"
"yessss" Shizune said with a small fistpump before she nigh leaped into the hug with a cackle. "I can already tell this team is gonna be great! C'mon Alcander, first group hug!"
"Oh now I have two of them."
But she rebounded quickly, giving the other two another squeeze before she released her prey and backed up with a sheepish grin. "Right, right, not that it should take much figuring out now, but my name's Shizune." She gave a bow with a sweep of her hand. "M'from the Shimmer clan, hunstwoman in training and professional hero. Nice to meet you two!" she said as she swung herself back up. She clasped her hand behind her back and swayed back and forth, glancing around as the students on the other teams made their own introductions and headed off to other parts of the school. For a brief second, her boundless grin faded into an absolutely withering glare as she happened to eyeball one of the other students, but she shook it off and looked back to her team.
"Pleasure!" Teanna returned with a grin of her own, releasing the hug. The other refrained from replying, just observing the other two in more detail--what was that? Just for a moment, so quick she might have missed it if she blinked, the happy expression had been replaced by harshness that even impressed her. Audrey glanced over to see if she could tell who that was directed at.
"So! What'cha guys wanna do? Same thing as everyone else and go grab food, or build up some extra protagonist points and go explore this awesome school a little bit? If we're lucky, we'll stumble on a dark secret, or maybe even a mentor."
"That second does sound more exciting...but...I'm team leader so...I think we should let all the rest know what we can do, semblance and all that first? I mean, y'know. Combat school. What do you guys think?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan @Hospes

So not only does Eshell find out that he was stuck with moss princess again, but his team had already lost their first member to whatever it was that'll warrant a student taken out of school. That was a perfect start of the year. Well, at least his other two teammates seemed friendly enough. He had already introduced himself to Midna when she had helped him, and since he had no interest in talkinh to the pther girl, he turned towards where he thought Duke stood, trying to ignore the exchange between the girls. "Hi, names Eshell."

Vas glanced over with a raised eyebrow at the remark, shifting the strap that held the guitar case across her shoulder as she frowned

"Riiiiiight. Listen, not bein rude here, and your semblence and your weapon is super metal, but a specter of death such as myself recieves no commands"

She kicked her foot up behind her to hit the case, causing it to swing open. She twirled and snatched her instrument of war as it fell out of the case from the motion, spinning it into her hand as she swung her hand down into a strum.

"I DELIVER IT AS I SEE FIT, UPON DESERVING OF MY WRATH! HAHAHAAHAAAA!"

She frowned as she spun the guitar around to rest across the back of her shoulders, her arms draped across it as she cocked her head. "But what if it was ironic? Then wouldn't it be ironic that you didn't think it was ironic? What then?" She said with the same gravitas as a doctor pronouncing a man dead.​

Her damning proclamation was forgotten in favor of the newcomer, and she gave the other girl a once over as she approached. Her bored frown turned into a dangerous smirk as she spun her instrument of her shoulder to slam into the floor blade end first, as her other hand pointed at Lily "Tell me, oh lady knight, clad in iron. Art thou only metal in armor, or art thou metal in soul?"

there was a brief moment of awkward silence after the interrogating question, before Vasili sniffed and shrugged.

"Yea. Food sounds good."

She flipped the guitar back up to rest on her shoulders, glancing back as she turned to walk towards the cafeteria. "Where's your partner, lady longname?"

@Indolent @Valentyne @TyranntX WHY CANT I SPELL YOUR NAME RIGHT EVER @Hospes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was heartbroken :')

@C.T. @Crimson Spartan @Hospes
"Suit yourself."

"Thank god--"

"Oh now I have two of them."

"Pleasure!" Teanna returned with a grin of her own, releasing the hug. The other refrained from replying, just observing the other two in more detail--what was that? Just for a moment, so quick she might have missed it if she blinked, the happy expression had been replaced by harshness that even impressed her. Audrey glanced over to see if she could tell who that was directed at.

"That second does sound more exciting...but...I'm team leader so...I think we should let all the rest know what we can do, semblance and all that first? I mean, y'know. Combat school. What do you guys think?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan @Hospes
"I-it'd be good if we knew each others strengths and weaknesses.." Alcander spoke up as he seemed to agree with Teanna over the idea with revealing what each could do to each other. Alcander himself wasn't all that confident that his skills and semblance would be of use to his team but still if he could of any use he knew he had to let them know what he was capable of. He seemed nervous in general but this was nothing knew considering he barely knew any of his teammates.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Hospes

After being dragged up turning the his new found team's declaration by Bianca (as usual as of recent events) Franky Russo was quickly acting like himself as usual as he sprung up out of his seat and stood on it in the middle of team JSMM's declaration and began shouting out and pointing at Duviel up on stage. "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! THAT FREAK GOT TO BE A TEAM CAPTAIN?!!" He couldn't believe that damn pirate got that kind of position while he didn't. He was the boss of his own gang at one time, being a leader was in his genes. Despite how much this made him fume he was quickly hushed down by various people and so grudgingly took his seat again.

After the whole ordeal was finally over Franky was still quite grumpy as Bianca lead him over to the table David; the team's actual team captain was sitting. He'd snatch up a few small snack like foods on a tray, slam them down on the table they were sitting at and leaned forwards on his elbows looking directly at David with a tad bit of scorn before eating a bit of his food. After gulping his meal down his eyes and frustrated demeanor would return to plague Team DARK's leader.

"Yeah, your damn right that happened. Though I'd admit I wish it was a bit different." Franky wasn't one to conceal how he felt for better or worse. "I also don't see my damn self following your damn lead anywhere anytime soon." He scoffed before standing up out of his seat, pushing it back with a low screech. "I already though the uppity shits that run this place won't listen to a damn word I say but that doesn't mean I gotta like it. That'd be another thing I don't see you changing anytime soon either." That last sentence spoken as if it was a challenge before Franky puts his hands within his jacket pockets, turns about and walks off. "I'm gettin some sleep...there isn't gonna be enough booze in the world to..." He stops himself short and just sighs figuring he'd bantered on long enough as he knew he was just blowing off steam and wasting his breath. Before leaving the cafeteria he could be seen clutching the red bandana's tied on his arm before leaving.

Mentioned: @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Hospes @LuckycoolHawk9 @Team DARK

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden