M

Midnight Maiden

-The IC-
-Discord-

So. Remnant. We've all heard of it, right? Composed of Vacuo, Atlas, Mistral, Vale, it's primary power source being that of dust, which pretty much everything nowadays can be run on. Man and Faunus alike filling the place to the brim, creating great things and working together to keep peace.

Sadly, things can't always go as planned.

Humans aren't the only inhabitants of the kingdoms, and even had they been, not all humans are good. Creatures of Grimm, the result of all things dark and creatures that feed off of negativity, share the lands with the people. By nature, not exactly the 'maker of great things' type. And humans, well... Humans get greedy. Want more than we're born with the right to have. But I suppose I'm straying from the point here.

Y'see, Vacuo, Vale, Mistral, Atlas- they aren't the only kingdoms around. Across the world of Remnant, many more kingdoms lie in wait, hidden a little better from prying eyes, but just as civilized and sharing the same goals as the kingdoms we know. Peace, tranquility, people getting along and working towards a better goal.

You might be wondering why I'm tellin' ya all of this. Well, let's just say that the heroes of this story ain't really regulars to Beacon, and they ain't about to be, after it's fall. So I figure I may as well enlighten you on where we're beginning... And where it'll hopefully end.

Let's see, first off... Ah, that's right. Terra, home to Annwn. Nice place, if ya ask me.. Aside from the discriminatory people. Warm little kingdom with seemingly kind folk, lots of vegetation, and even a few springs if ya look in the right place. Cept, this kingdom ain't really quite as quaint as it seems. Discrimination against Faunus is especially strong here, and the place is currently in a bit of a spat with, well...

Nysa. A little on the colder side, with a few mountains scattered around here and there. If you're smart, you'll remember to pack your coat and gloves if you ever find yourself headed there. This is the place you're most likely to find Faunus, and a hell of a lot of 'em, at that. Not all of 'em exactly wanna be there, but, well, if it's cold or be patronized by others, I don't necessarily blame 'em. You can take a guess why there's a war between the poor fellas and the diehards in Terra. Their academy's Aztlan.

Anyways, movin' on, next up we've got... Ah. Ashea. Probably the smallest of these guys, but definitely the nicest. Pretty tame place, with a much more pacifistic view in general than their brother and sister kingdoms. But they know how to fight when it matters, and they do have a nice academy to prove it. Eden, they call it.

Finally, Drayce, home of Zion academy. Not really the ideal place, but that's just my opinion. Lot's a crooks like to hang around here, and it's a bit dark and dreary for my taste. But hey, they get by, and the slightly high crime rate just seems to draw 'em closer. Which makes for good teamwork from the guys y'see there.

Anyways, now that ya know about the kingdoms, I guess it's your time to shine, kids.

--------

SO YEAH LOOK AT ME AND MY BASIC AF RWBY RP ATTEMPT THAT I'LL PROBABLY FAIL AT BUT I'M TOO HYPE TO CARE

So, here we go!

Rules
1. Be respectful, yo. Treat others how you want to be treated!
2. That said, keep everything in the ooc civil! If there is ever any conflict, please try to resolve it peacefully and be sure to take it to PMs. In addition, don't take out out of character feelings in the IC!
3. All Iwaku rules apply!
4. The limit for PCs per person will be two, but you are allowed to make NPCs if you'd like!
5. Obviously, no god-modding, power-gaming, etc. If you aren't sure whether your next post is god-modding or not, it's better to ask in the 'General Chat' thread before posting the reply. Better safe than sorry. ((WORKSHOP - Godmodding and Metagaming ))
6. Do your best with spelling and grammar, please. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be understandable. ((Here's an on-site guide to grammar you can read through: WORKSHOP - Grammarholics Anonymous - Your Grammar Guide! ))
7. PCs need to be somewhere from 16 to 18. Preferably 17, but it's not a big deal if they're in that age range, I'll just make teams accordingly.
8. This thread will be solely for signups and discussion of the RP. For all OOC chatter, please take it here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/out-of-character.18193/discussion
9. Finally, just have fun!

Character Sheet

Picture

Name

Legend/Folklore Motif

Appearance Description

Biography

Weapon

Semblance

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress

NPC or PC?(if you are posting an NPC, please post their CS in this thread!)

Extra

Cast List

Aelius Cedomir - Sir Gawain - @Accelerator
Alcander Wilder - Cain and Abel - @Crimson Spartan
Angus Lake - Sir Lancelot - @Ringmaster
Aqua Dakkar - The Little Mermaid - @Ringmaster
Bianca Armod - Amaterasu- @Hospes
David Amadeo - Cupid - @LuckycoolHawk9
Duke Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Duivel Jones - Davy Jones - @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Erin Valix - Loki - @TyranntX
Eshell Tyr - The Blind Ghost - @Demmy
Felix Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Franky Russo - Al Capone - @BlueFlameNikku
Hazel Sterling - The Ill-Fated Princess - @york
Kwame von Spinne - Anansi - @Yun Lee
Lilac Gwyneth Azura - The Book of Revelations; cleansing flame; paladins - @Valentyne
Liliya Blednyy - The Swan Princess/Snow Maiden - @Gummi Bunnies
Mason Moretti - Apollo and Hephaestus - @Mason Moretti
Midna Eclipse - Selene the Moon Goddess - @Hospes
Mona Creum - Sleeping Beauty - @Hospes
Samantha Guinness - Scáthach - @Indolent
Soneri Aundarya - Ishtar - @Gummi Bunnies
Windia Milkyway - Atalanta - @Accelerator

Teams
TEAL(Eshell Tyr, Midna Eclipse, Soneri Aundarya, and Angus Lake)
DARK(David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo and Kwame von Spinne)
AMTH(Amethyst)(Aelius Cedomir, Mason Moretti, Tiara Pendragon, Hazel Sterling)
TPAS(Topaz)(Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer)
STEL(Steel)(Sam Guinn, Vasili Thana, Erin Valix, Lilac Azura)
FLYM(Flame)(Felix Velos, Liliya Blednyy, Sylvester Yin, Windia Milkyway)
JSMM(Jasmine)(Duivel Jones, Joylu Sun-Shin, Mona Creum, Melonie Adeline)
GLDD(Gold)(Gilda Glaucous, Liadan Mac-Tire, Duke Velos, Aqua Dakkar)​

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm gonna have to drop out of this rp sadly so I'm really sorry about that

@york I guess we're partnering up since it would make sense for them to be partners because they landed in the same area.

I'll make a post once I get home from school... which would be roughly 8 hours and 30 minutes from now. Feel free to make a post ahead of Ael if you wish

@QuakeUPSB

Windia would be laughing her bum off as she fell since Duke fell off before he could say another word to her lol. Oh and she'll be extremely pleased with the Headmaster since her unplanned skydiving plan was executed.

Reactions: Quake
Alright, going to post shortly!

As for team DARK, assigning you guys an NPC that I'll post with in my next post! Sounds like @Yun Lee and @LuckycoolHawk9 are partnering, so I guess you'll be with the NPC, if that's alright, @BlueFlameNikku .

Anyways, since she'll be on a main team, I guess I'll post her info here.

5407ebc8654caf58131a83ec1fc82731.jpg

Name:
Bianca Eliane Armod

Legend
Amaterasu

Weapon: Divines' Fury
A pair of rather complicated urumi- otherwise known as an indian whip-sword -, that can be 'reeled in' to form a normal sword, extended for longer range use(double points for being able to wrap it around things and swing up like a grappling hook), and fire off the blades. It can be reformed into a shield, but this takes a longer period of time and she prefers to avoid using it as such.

Semblance: ???
Currently unknown

Extra
-Bianca is almost completely mute, hardly able to utter any words and primarily communicating through gestures, body language, writing, and sign language​

Aight, so it looks like I'll be partnering with Ringmaster for Midna and Angus.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT or @QuakeUPSB , either of you want to be partners with Mona? (you dont have to answer, crunch, i know duviel would totally love that : ) )

@CrunchyCHEEZIT or @QuakeUPSB , either of you want to be partners with Mona? (you dont have to answer, crunch, i know duviel would totally love that : ) )

I vote for Mona x Duviel as partners. At this point, they're practically a ship now anyways. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
I vote for Mona x Duviel as partners. At this point, they're practically a ship now anyways. XD
YAMERO

uh, yeah, once, I get the time to post, im down to partner with Mona

if its what the people desire

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Accelerator
What is it called when it's not exactly a hate ship, but more of a strong dislike/indifference ship--...

YAMERO

uh, yeah, once, I get the time to post, im down to partner with Mona

if its what the people desire
Aight, coolness. I know ya got stuff going on so I can post at you and whenever you feel the desire, ya free to post.

I have a question. The other character I'm writing is Lilac's older brother, who's 23 and a hunter graduate; should I list him as an NPC since he won't be actually attending Eden, or as a PC?

img_20170128_123140399_hdr_by_teh_zombish-dax15po.jpg

*Picture Courtesy of @Hospes

Name:
Mason Moretti

Motif:
Greek gods Apollo and Hephaestus

Redundantly Descriptive Appearance Description:
Mason is a 17-year-old male Faunus with cute little wolf ears. He is a bit on the short side, standing around five feet and five inches. His ears and hair are both a silvery gray, matching the color of stone with which a stonemason would work. His eyes are a light emerald green and he has very light colored skin, as he spentvery little time out in the sun. He wears a red-and-white striped coat, and around his neck hangs a golden heart-shaped locket.

Biography:
Mason lives with his mother and his older half-brother, Leon. They live in a small mountain village in Nysa, but before Mason was born their family used to live and travel between major cities. When Leon's father passed away, he and his mother travelled to Nysa, where his mother remarried and had Mason. Mason's father, a blacksmith, is the reason they settled down in the village. However, both Leon and Mason wished for lives of travel and adventure, and Leon would tell his younger brother stories of Menagerie, where he was born, and places around Nysa that he had seen.

However, the boys' mother was hesitant to let them both run off and have adventures. At a young age, Mason had gotten involved in an accident in his father's forge. This accident left scars all over his back and kept him bedridden and weak for several months. Because of this, his mother refused to let him or Leon join Aztlan. Leon knew that Mason still had a spirit of adventure in him, so when Mason became 16, the two planned to travel to other kingdoms to begin studies as Huntsmen.

Weapon:
Forge's Gift - Gun/Bow and Arrow
Simple firearm form used for close range combat
Longbow form capable of utilising properties of different types of Dust

Semblance:
Pyrokinesis - Able to form flames at his fingertips and heat up parts of his body to high temperatures
*NOTE* Immunity to fire and burning sold separately

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style:
Although a decent tactician, Mason is easily flustered in the heat of battle and is prone to making mistakes that deviate from the plan. He is also more likely to build strategies based on an opponent's character and personality, rather than their strategy. In the case of Grimm, this translates to fighting based off of the beasts' temperments.

Mason's focus in a fight is wearing down his opponent. He is not very capable when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, but he knows that he can win a fight by supporting his teammates. With his weapon in pistol mode, he focuses on taking potshots and small advantages rather than a devastating blow. With his weapon in bow mode, he is allowed greater strategy, using varieties of Dust in his arrows to either critically weaken an enemy or provide tactical support to an ally.

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress:
Mason is motivated to explore and adventure by stories he has heard from his older brother Leon about when he and his mother used to travel around Nysa. He is also motivated to prove to his mother and father that he can be strong, to make up for the accident that scarred up his back, which he feels was his own fault.

NPC or PC?
Player Character

Extra:
Since his necklace made it into his character design, that necklace holds an extra supply of Dust in case he ever needs it. It has enough for three arrows or three magazines of bullets to be fired from his weapon.

He has plenty of pockets. One pocket will always hold his Scroll.

Another pocket must always contain some kind of snack.

He is a wolf faunus. His half-brother Leon is a lion faunus.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
[BCOLOR=#060606]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]Name:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#060606]Samantha Guinness[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]aka [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]"Sammy Guinn"[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Legend/Folklore Motif[/BCOLOR]
Scáthach

[BCOLOR=#060606]Biography:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]Samantha Guinness is Mistral-born, hailing from the region renown for its cliffs steeped high in wind. The family name is not prominent, supplanted by reputations of grandeur held by the high born or of slander by the lower class. This suited them just fine, theirs was work preferably done beyond prying eyes.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Each and every member of the clan was a skeptical misanthrope though they had heart and none exemplified the latter better than Sammy Guinn. An aspirant to the familial hunting tradition, the young woman was set for matriculation into Sanctum Academy for official training as huntress. A last second alteration to the agenda and a hopeful, if pessimistic, Sammy enrolled into Vale's Beacon Academy instead.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Breaking tradition aside, Sam looked to it as an opportunity for growth and took to the challenge in her own way. A rough start later, team BEES ( :| ) mingled along just fine and performed adequately; in fact, their marks in all areas surpassed a certain bird related team. But, much to Sammy's delight, they barely engendered praiseworthy attention from fellow hunters and huntresses; that privilege fell to the likes of teams RWBY and JNPR, especially in light of the Vale Tournament.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]That was where everything went to Hell.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Weapon:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]
latest
[/BCOLOR]
Gáe Bolg

[BCOLOR=#060606]A battle-worn spear that, appearance-wise, seems to better fit a mystic warrior of yore than Sammy Guinn. This old weapon has been passed down the Guinness family for generations. Its construction is forged of an uniquely alloyed metal with ardent shards of burn dust interleaved throughout its composition; this is the source of its vibrant hue.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Despite its antiquity Gáe Bolg has not lost its keen edge, striking true as ever and flying truer as it penetrates its ill-fated foes; that is its raison d'être. There is a secret inherent to the artifact weapon, resultant of its extraordinary composition; the the burn dust shards are volatile such that Gáe Bolg's blade ignites anything and all it cleaves. This fiery feature allows Guinness to compound her strokes with the infernal force of flame.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Semblance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]
[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#0f0f0f]Scáith[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#060606]Pursuant to Samatha's inspiration via Scáthach, the representation for her aura is the emanation of ethereal gloom constituting figments of the human form, intimately cloistering her person in aggregating proximity.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Sammy's semblance stems from the interspersion of both shadow and aura in a unique relationship: she can allocate both toward her physicality, heightening her prowess in any portion. This is characterized by seemingly absorbing the shades into herself.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]This allows for incredible specialization dependent on the portion allocated thereabouts although excessive use of her semblance is wont to leave Sammy closer to the brink of death than your typical aura depletion.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Notable Attributes and Fighting Style:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]Sammy Guinness's style could be likened to a dancing lancer, ever on the move and striking with impunity and surety thanks to heightened mobility. Guinn makes generous use of her surroundings and has a preference for the art of the dragoon, especially their leaping assaults and assailing swipes.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]On the occasion, a crimson flash marks her advent unto the fray as Samantha monopolizes the true nature of Gáe Bolg's design.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#060606]Motivation to join Eden:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#060606]To better herself in light of her actions when Beacon fell.[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited: