M

Midnight Maiden

-The IC-
-Discord-

So. Remnant. We've all heard of it, right? Composed of Vacuo, Atlas, Mistral, Vale, it's primary power source being that of dust, which pretty much everything nowadays can be run on. Man and Faunus alike filling the place to the brim, creating great things and working together to keep peace.

Sadly, things can't always go as planned.

Humans aren't the only inhabitants of the kingdoms, and even had they been, not all humans are good. Creatures of Grimm, the result of all things dark and creatures that feed off of negativity, share the lands with the people. By nature, not exactly the 'maker of great things' type. And humans, well... Humans get greedy. Want more than we're born with the right to have. But I suppose I'm straying from the point here.

Y'see, Vacuo, Vale, Mistral, Atlas- they aren't the only kingdoms around. Across the world of Remnant, many more kingdoms lie in wait, hidden a little better from prying eyes, but just as civilized and sharing the same goals as the kingdoms we know. Peace, tranquility, people getting along and working towards a better goal.

You might be wondering why I'm tellin' ya all of this. Well, let's just say that the heroes of this story ain't really regulars to Beacon, and they ain't about to be, after it's fall. So I figure I may as well enlighten you on where we're beginning... And where it'll hopefully end.

Let's see, first off... Ah, that's right. Terra, home to Annwn. Nice place, if ya ask me.. Aside from the discriminatory people. Warm little kingdom with seemingly kind folk, lots of vegetation, and even a few springs if ya look in the right place. Cept, this kingdom ain't really quite as quaint as it seems. Discrimination against Faunus is especially strong here, and the place is currently in a bit of a spat with, well...

Nysa. A little on the colder side, with a few mountains scattered around here and there. If you're smart, you'll remember to pack your coat and gloves if you ever find yourself headed there. This is the place you're most likely to find Faunus, and a hell of a lot of 'em, at that. Not all of 'em exactly wanna be there, but, well, if it's cold or be patronized by others, I don't necessarily blame 'em. You can take a guess why there's a war between the poor fellas and the diehards in Terra. Their academy's Aztlan.

Anyways, movin' on, next up we've got... Ah. Ashea. Probably the smallest of these guys, but definitely the nicest. Pretty tame place, with a much more pacifistic view in general than their brother and sister kingdoms. But they know how to fight when it matters, and they do have a nice academy to prove it. Eden, they call it.

Finally, Drayce, home of Zion academy. Not really the ideal place, but that's just my opinion. Lot's a crooks like to hang around here, and it's a bit dark and dreary for my taste. But hey, they get by, and the slightly high crime rate just seems to draw 'em closer. Which makes for good teamwork from the guys y'see there.

Anyways, now that ya know about the kingdoms, I guess it's your time to shine, kids.

--------

SO YEAH LOOK AT ME AND MY BASIC AF RWBY RP ATTEMPT THAT I'LL PROBABLY FAIL AT BUT I'M TOO HYPE TO CARE

So, here we go!

Rules
1. Be respectful, yo. Treat others how you want to be treated!
2. That said, keep everything in the ooc civil! If there is ever any conflict, please try to resolve it peacefully and be sure to take it to PMs. In addition, don't take out out of character feelings in the IC!
3. All Iwaku rules apply!
4. The limit for PCs per person will be two, but you are allowed to make NPCs if you'd like!
5. Obviously, no god-modding, power-gaming, etc. If you aren't sure whether your next post is god-modding or not, it's better to ask in the 'General Chat' thread before posting the reply. Better safe than sorry. ((WORKSHOP - Godmodding and Metagaming ))
6. Do your best with spelling and grammar, please. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be understandable. ((Here's an on-site guide to grammar you can read through: WORKSHOP - Grammarholics Anonymous - Your Grammar Guide! ))
7. PCs need to be somewhere from 16 to 18. Preferably 17, but it's not a big deal if they're in that age range, I'll just make teams accordingly.
8. This thread will be solely for signups and discussion of the RP. For all OOC chatter, please take it here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/out-of-character.18193/discussion
9. Finally, just have fun!

Character Sheet

Picture

Name

Legend/Folklore Motif

Appearance Description

Biography

Weapon

Semblance

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress

NPC or PC?(if you are posting an NPC, please post their CS in this thread!)

Extra

Cast List

Aelius Cedomir - Sir Gawain - @Accelerator
Alcander Wilder - Cain and Abel - @Crimson Spartan
Angus Lake - Sir Lancelot - @Ringmaster
Aqua Dakkar - The Little Mermaid - @Ringmaster
Bianca Armod - Amaterasu- @Hospes
David Amadeo - Cupid - @LuckycoolHawk9
Duke Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Duivel Jones - Davy Jones - @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Erin Valix - Loki - @TyranntX
Eshell Tyr - The Blind Ghost - @Demmy
Felix Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Franky Russo - Al Capone - @BlueFlameNikku
Hazel Sterling - The Ill-Fated Princess - @york
Kwame von Spinne - Anansi - @Yun Lee
Lilac Gwyneth Azura - The Book of Revelations; cleansing flame; paladins - @Valentyne
Liliya Blednyy - The Swan Princess/Snow Maiden - @Gummi Bunnies
Mason Moretti - Apollo and Hephaestus - @Mason Moretti
Midna Eclipse - Selene the Moon Goddess - @Hospes
Mona Creum - Sleeping Beauty - @Hospes
Samantha Guinness - Scáthach - @Indolent
Soneri Aundarya - Ishtar - @Gummi Bunnies
Windia Milkyway - Atalanta - @Accelerator

Teams
TEAL(Eshell Tyr, Midna Eclipse, Soneri Aundarya, and Angus Lake)
DARK(David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo and Kwame von Spinne)
AMTH(Amethyst)(Aelius Cedomir, Mason Moretti, Tiara Pendragon, Hazel Sterling)
TPAS(Topaz)(Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer)
STEL(Steel)(Sam Guinn, Vasili Thana, Erin Valix, Lilac Azura)
FLYM(Flame)(Felix Velos, Liliya Blednyy, Sylvester Yin, Windia Milkyway)
JSMM(Jasmine)(Duivel Jones, Joylu Sun-Shin, Mona Creum, Melonie Adeline)
GLDD(Gold)(Gilda Glaucous, Liadan Mac-Tire, Duke Velos, Aqua Dakkar)​

Last edited:
@Midnight Maiden

I'd recommend just doing a timeskip to easily transition things forward.

Okay second CS inbound (watch me screw this up...)

Picture

691d33a9b78db78ba3a4f3e51b7412e4.jpg

Name

Hector Vilulf

Legend/Folklore Motif

"The viking defender at Stamford Bridge"

Last of the Vikings - Stamford Bridge, 1066 | HistoryNet

(Full story found here... Story of the defender is also found with it...)

Appearance Description

Hector himself stands at about 6'3 with an average build ( this can change when his semblance is active) Hector typically wears his combat armor all the time. Usually favoring it over any other style of clothing. His entire body itself is covered in scars though the only visible ones are the scars running down both his arms. He also has a scar that runs from the top of his head that curves to the left right underneath his eye from a nasty head wound. brown hair with brown eyes.

Biography

Hector was born in a small village in a mountain region within Nysa. His mother died during childbirth so he was left solely in the care of his father. The village itself was a mix of both Fanus and human with only one entrance. Said entrance could only be reached by a lone bridge less anyone attempted to scale the mountain. Because of this the village itself relied on trading and Hector's father usually went out with others down the mountain to find food, water, and other much needed materials. Whenever his father was around he trained Hector to one day help defend the village. This and due to the surroundings had led Hector to have a healthy relationship with Fanus as he grew up.

However not everything could be so peaceful. One day years later a large group of bandits decided to attack the village seeing it as an easy target. However at the bridge they were met by two people. Hector and his father stood at the other side weapons in hand as they were rushed by bandits. As the fighting raged on Hector's father was killed by an arrow and for the first time Hector felt something he had never felt before....

Not even Hector himself could explain what happened next as he lifted his own double bladed battle axe swinging it over his head in a fury like no other as he fought the incoming bandits on that bridge with no regard what so ever for his safety. Like a true beserker he gave it everything he had in a wild fury killing at least forty bandits on that bridge before his wounds caught up with him and he went down. Believed to be dead the remaining bandits wiped out the small village and set it ablaze. Hector awoke in a pool of his own blood and somehow managed to pull himself down the mountain where he was found by travelers who managed to save his life.

After recovering Hector knew he had to get stronger so when a villager mentioned an academy Hector saw it as a perfect reason to go for. However on his way out he was stopped by a fortune teller who read his fortune. The teller frowned and informed Hector that if he continued this path he would 'not have a peaceful death but a bloody one.' Hector himself smiled upon hearing that and responded with 'Wouldn't have it any other way.' He then walked out traveling to Eden with only what he could carry and his weapon.

Weapon

valkyrie-ax-71-cms.jpg

Beserker's fury

Just a simple double headed battle axe that he had made with the help of his father at age sixteen.

Semblance

Beserker Rage

As Hector discovered on that bride his semblance basically turns him into a beserker. Enhancing both strength and speed his body itself seems to change a small amount with him looking slightly buffer as a result. If he uses his semblance for too long however the strain on his body will be too much for him to handle and it can leave him at a severe disadvantage.

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style

Hector is extremely reckless in combat with little regard for his own safety. However he will do what he can to protect a teammate in need if they need it. As one would expect from an axe wielder like him he relies heavily on raw power to see him through. That being said he isn't above changing tactics and even using hand to hand if he sees a benefit in using it.Being trained in basic hand to hand does help out after all.

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress

To become stronger and protect all those that he could since he failed to protect his own village

NPC or PC?(if you are posting an NPC, please post their CS in this thread!) PC

Extra

Hector is 18 at this time.

He also has some small influences from the Fire Emblem 7 Lord with the same first name.

(Okay this is it. If you have any problems Sav you know where to find me : D )​

So it looks like this is everyone that's staying. I'm going to adjust teams and let @Dragonslayer Ornstein make their character and, as soon as my internet comes back(been out for a few days now due to some recent storms) the update shall cometh.

Also, in case anyone missed it, there's a discord if you want to pop on there to chat. I'm on it more frequently than Iwaku most of the time: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
I am still interested, sorry I wasn't getting anything from here and decided to check if it stopped to find that I missed a couple call outs. Sorry bout that. I will make up a CS soon. Gonna use Robin Hood as my legend/folklore is that alright?

I am still interested, sorry I wasn't getting anything from here and decided to check if it stopped to find that I missed a couple call outs. Sorry bout that. I will make up a CS soon. Gonna use Robin Hood as my legend/folklore is that alright?
That's okay. That's why I tagged ya. And yup, Robin Hood is fine!

Picture https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/30/c6/e1/30c6e17c94ce1e96c358369c2ef36e08.jpg

Mask: https://img0.etsystatic.com/049/0/9571418/il_fullxfull.739119944_t8rj.jpg

He doesn't wear the mask, but it is something he could wear if he chose

Battle gear: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...23/400/large/hye-ji-kim-160401.jpg?1460296747

Name Alexander 'Xander" Sherwood

Legend/Folklore Motif Robin of Loxley AKA Robin the Hood

Appearance Description Alexander wears a smart looking suit at all times, he stands at about 5'10 and is comprised of lean muscle. He has sharp blue-green eyes, highish cheekbones, sharp features in general. Has a small ornate fox mask that he keeps on his belt. (wonder who's old enough to get this easter egg)

Biography: Alexander was born as the third of five siblings within the Sherwood family, an upper class family within Ashea. He has an older brother and sister and two younger twin sisters, as well as his father and mother, with this much family you'd think he'd just sit back and take in everything they would have to say. You'd be wrong, he hated the life he has, being third born nothing is expected of you and the others either have their own plans, follow the family's plan...or are the babies of the family. So he instead started working on learning archery, and close quarters combat, namely hand to hand martial arts. His parents liked that he had a hobby but repeatedly asked if he would find one less dangerous when he started. During one bout one of his martial arts teachers was getting too rough and Alexander grew more and more impatient, the man was trying to get Alexander to use his semblance, and finally brought him to his knees, it was then that Alexander finally used it. He was thinking of his family and what he hadn't done, reaching a calm that he never felt as he realized that he didn't just want to walk his own path, but it was something that he needed to do. After finally doing this he told his family of his plan and wished for their help in setting everything in motion, and that he needed help from all of his family so that he could go Eden and become a Huntsman. With pouring his heart out to them, and asking for their help his mother and father weren't overly aggressive with making him drop it, they understood, he was going to make his own mark on the world. And was going to be a positive influence within it So they got the best teachers and instructors they could to get him ready for attending the Academy. They even got people to help him with creating his weapon and getting the dust necessary for his "trick" arrows. With everything ready he finally feels like he's walking a path for him, and awaits his first days at the Academy with barely contained glee.

Weapon: Emerald Fox

Pic of weapon: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/33/4b/1f/334b1f630881c9312205634bc2416536.jpg

Semblance: Alexander's semblance alters his sight and reflexes when activated, giving him the ability to see farther than the eye could normally see and gives him a slightly better edge during battle. However it can only be activated while Alexander is calm and collected.

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style: Alexander is a swift fighter, either moving in for hit and run tactics or firing from a relatively safe distance with his bow and arrows, he uses both bow and arrows as weapons, utilizing the sharpness of his arrows in close combat like daggers, and his bow like a bladed staff. (Think Green Arrow and/or how Hawkeye fight)

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress: Despite his more posh life style Alexander has always wanted to help the common people and battle Grimm to bring about peace

PC

Extra: He has the mask because his mother and father called him their little fox due to him always getting out of things, and when he played with his siblings he would play cunningly and slyly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture

Mask: https://img0.etsystatic.com/049/0/9571418/il_fullxfull.739119944_t8rj.jpg

He doesn't wear the mask, but it is something he could wear if he chose

Battle gear: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...23/400/large/hye-ji-kim-160401.jpg?1460296747

Name Alexander 'Xander" Sherwood

Legend/Folklore Motif Robin of Loxley AKA Robin the Hood

Appearance Description Alexander wears a smart looking suit at all times, he stands at about 5'10 and is comprised of lean muscle. He has sharp blue-green eyes, highish cheekbones, sharp features in general. Has a small ornate fox mask that he keeps on his belt. (wonder who's old enough to get this easter egg)

Biography: Alexander was born as the third of five siblings within the Sherwood family, an upper class family within Ashea. He has an older brother and sister and two younger twin sisters, as well as his father and mother, with this much family you'd think he'd just sit back and take in everything they would have to say. You'd be wrong, he hated the life he has, being third born nothing is expected of you and the others either have their own plans, follow the family's plan...or are the babies of the family. So he instead started working on learning archery, and close quarters combat, namely hand to hand martial arts. His parents liked that he had a hobby but repeatedly asked if he would find one less dangerous when he started. During one bout one of his martial arts teachers was getting too rough and Alexander grew more and more impatient, the man was trying to get Alexander to use his semblance, and finally brought him to his knees, it was then that Alexander finally used it. He was thinking of his family and what he hadn't done, reaching a calm that he never felt as he realized that he didn't just want to walk his own path, but it was something that he needed to do. After finally doing this he told his family of his plan and wished for their help in setting everything in motion, and that he needed help from all of his family so that he could go Eden and become a Huntsman. With pouring his heart out to them, and asking for their help his mother and father weren't overly aggressive with making him drop it, they understood, he was going to make his own mark on the world. And was going to be a positive influence within it So they got the best teachers and instructors they could to get him ready for attending the Academy. They even got people to help him with creating his weapon and getting the dust necessary for his "trick" arrows. With everything ready he finally feels like he's walking a path for him, and awaits his first days at the Academy with barely contained glee.

Weapon: Emerald Fox

Pic of weapon:

Semblance: Alexander's semblance alters his sight and reflexes when activated, giving him the ability to see farther than the eye could normally see and gives him a slightly better edge during battle. However it can only be activated while Alexander is calm and collected.

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style: Alexander is a swift fighter, either moving in for hit and run tactics or firing from a relatively safe distance with his bow and arrows, he uses both bow and arrows as weapons, utilizing the sharpness of his arrows in close combat like daggers, and his bow like a bladed staff. (Think Green Arrow and/or how Hawkeye fight)

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress: Despite his more posh life style Alexander has always wanted to help the common people and battle Grimm to bring about peace

PC

Extra: He has the mask because his mother and father called him their little fox due to him always getting out of things, and when he played with his siblings he would play cunningly and slyly.
Looks good! Though, the pictures are broken.

OKAY FINAL CHECK BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE I GET THIS UPDATE RIGHT AND GOOD. >:(

@Valentyne are you still in(I feel like you replied but I cannot find the message for the life of me), and @Jarred + @Dragonslayer Ornstein are you guys joining or nah

Well, I left a long time ago (although because of lack of time, not lack of interest), but I actually do have the time currently, so I'd be up for jumping in again soon.

uuuuugh, damn photobucket and their bullshit, anybody got a place that they can store photos and whatnot on and use them as well, basically just viewing image and copy/pasting the link now myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I FEEL SO LOVED THAT YOU IGNORED MY CS D:

(I'm kidding)

I am obviously dead. I've lost the draft for the update so many times and I'm back to college and I'm dead and ughhhh. If I'm gonna bring this back(not sure at this point, GMing is hard with class going on) I'll likely need a co-gm.
Hmm, well, if I can find it in my schedule, I can try and offer some stuff? x.x Though chances are my post rate will be slow... Iunno... I just dun want this thing to die @.@ aaah!

Hmm, well, if I can find it in my schedule, I can try and offer some stuff? x.x Though chances are my post rate will be slow... Iunno... I just dun want this thing to die @.@ aaah!

I also can attempt to co-GM if you need extra extra help. Us college bound roleplayers need to stick together.Also, I also wanted this to not die. @Midnight Maiden