M

Midnight Maiden

-The IC-
-Discord-

So. Remnant. We've all heard of it, right? Composed of Vacuo, Atlas, Mistral, Vale, it's primary power source being that of dust, which pretty much everything nowadays can be run on. Man and Faunus alike filling the place to the brim, creating great things and working together to keep peace.

Sadly, things can't always go as planned.

Humans aren't the only inhabitants of the kingdoms, and even had they been, not all humans are good. Creatures of Grimm, the result of all things dark and creatures that feed off of negativity, share the lands with the people. By nature, not exactly the 'maker of great things' type. And humans, well... Humans get greedy. Want more than we're born with the right to have. But I suppose I'm straying from the point here.

Y'see, Vacuo, Vale, Mistral, Atlas- they aren't the only kingdoms around. Across the world of Remnant, many more kingdoms lie in wait, hidden a little better from prying eyes, but just as civilized and sharing the same goals as the kingdoms we know. Peace, tranquility, people getting along and working towards a better goal.

You might be wondering why I'm tellin' ya all of this. Well, let's just say that the heroes of this story ain't really regulars to Beacon, and they ain't about to be, after it's fall. So I figure I may as well enlighten you on where we're beginning... And where it'll hopefully end.

Let's see, first off... Ah, that's right. Terra, home to Annwn. Nice place, if ya ask me.. Aside from the discriminatory people. Warm little kingdom with seemingly kind folk, lots of vegetation, and even a few springs if ya look in the right place. Cept, this kingdom ain't really quite as quaint as it seems. Discrimination against Faunus is especially strong here, and the place is currently in a bit of a spat with, well...

Nysa. A little on the colder side, with a few mountains scattered around here and there. If you're smart, you'll remember to pack your coat and gloves if you ever find yourself headed there. This is the place you're most likely to find Faunus, and a hell of a lot of 'em, at that. Not all of 'em exactly wanna be there, but, well, if it's cold or be patronized by others, I don't necessarily blame 'em. You can take a guess why there's a war between the poor fellas and the diehards in Terra. Their academy's Aztlan.

Anyways, movin' on, next up we've got... Ah. Ashea. Probably the smallest of these guys, but definitely the nicest. Pretty tame place, with a much more pacifistic view in general than their brother and sister kingdoms. But they know how to fight when it matters, and they do have a nice academy to prove it. Eden, they call it.

Finally, Drayce, home of Zion academy. Not really the ideal place, but that's just my opinion. Lot's a crooks like to hang around here, and it's a bit dark and dreary for my taste. But hey, they get by, and the slightly high crime rate just seems to draw 'em closer. Which makes for good teamwork from the guys y'see there.

Anyways, now that ya know about the kingdoms, I guess it's your time to shine, kids.

--------

SO YEAH LOOK AT ME AND MY BASIC AF RWBY RP ATTEMPT THAT I'LL PROBABLY FAIL AT BUT I'M TOO HYPE TO CARE

So, here we go!

Rules
1. Be respectful, yo. Treat others how you want to be treated!
2. That said, keep everything in the ooc civil! If there is ever any conflict, please try to resolve it peacefully and be sure to take it to PMs. In addition, don't take out out of character feelings in the IC!
3. All Iwaku rules apply!
4. The limit for PCs per person will be two, but you are allowed to make NPCs if you'd like!
5. Obviously, no god-modding, power-gaming, etc. If you aren't sure whether your next post is god-modding or not, it's better to ask in the 'General Chat' thread before posting the reply. Better safe than sorry. ((WORKSHOP - Godmodding and Metagaming ))
6. Do your best with spelling and grammar, please. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be understandable. ((Here's an on-site guide to grammar you can read through: WORKSHOP - Grammarholics Anonymous - Your Grammar Guide! ))
7. PCs need to be somewhere from 16 to 18. Preferably 17, but it's not a big deal if they're in that age range, I'll just make teams accordingly.
8. This thread will be solely for signups and discussion of the RP. For all OOC chatter, please take it here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/out-of-character.18193/discussion
9. Finally, just have fun!

Character Sheet

Picture

Name

Legend/Folklore Motif

Appearance Description

Biography

Weapon

Semblance

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress

NPC or PC?(if you are posting an NPC, please post their CS in this thread!)

Extra

Cast List

Aelius Cedomir - Sir Gawain - @Accelerator
Alcander Wilder - Cain and Abel - @Crimson Spartan
Angus Lake - Sir Lancelot - @Ringmaster
Aqua Dakkar - The Little Mermaid - @Ringmaster
Bianca Armod - Amaterasu- @Hospes
David Amadeo - Cupid - @LuckycoolHawk9
Duke Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Duivel Jones - Davy Jones - @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Erin Valix - Loki - @TyranntX
Eshell Tyr - The Blind Ghost - @Demmy
Felix Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Franky Russo - Al Capone - @BlueFlameNikku
Hazel Sterling - The Ill-Fated Princess - @york
Kwame von Spinne - Anansi - @Yun Lee
Lilac Gwyneth Azura - The Book of Revelations; cleansing flame; paladins - @Valentyne
Liliya Blednyy - The Swan Princess/Snow Maiden - @Gummi Bunnies
Mason Moretti - Apollo and Hephaestus - @Mason Moretti
Midna Eclipse - Selene the Moon Goddess - @Hospes
Mona Creum - Sleeping Beauty - @Hospes
Samantha Guinness - Scáthach - @Indolent
Soneri Aundarya - Ishtar - @Gummi Bunnies
Windia Milkyway - Atalanta - @Accelerator

Teams
TEAL(Eshell Tyr, Midna Eclipse, Soneri Aundarya, and Angus Lake)
DARK(David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo and Kwame von Spinne)
AMTH(Amethyst)(Aelius Cedomir, Mason Moretti, Tiara Pendragon, Hazel Sterling)
TPAS(Topaz)(Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer)
STEL(Steel)(Sam Guinn, Vasili Thana, Erin Valix, Lilac Azura)
FLYM(Flame)(Felix Velos, Liliya Blednyy, Sylvester Yin, Windia Milkyway)
JSMM(Jasmine)(Duivel Jones, Joylu Sun-Shin, Mona Creum, Melonie Adeline)
GLDD(Gold)(Gilda Glaucous, Liadan Mac-Tire, Duke Velos, Aqua Dakkar)​

Last edited:
"The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life." - William Morris

80cfbafbdd238cbb17a8c359a8601fca.png

Name
Mona Creum

Legend/Folklore Motif
Sleeping Beauty

Appearance
Just to further cover the bases. Mona has thick black hair that reaches just to the base of her neck, with two white tiger ears protruding from her head. Her eyes are a deep, somewhat dark grey. Her attire consists of a black and white armored coat that covers her simple top, with knee-length black leggings. There's almost always either a scarf or a bandanna around her neck. Her build isn't especially scrawny or bloated, rather, consisting of a more average build.

Biography
She was raised in an upper-class home, Mona spent the majority of her life confined to her house. Her mother was somewhat strict, openly not caring much for the fact that her daughter was born a Faunus like her father before her. But being rather faithful and optimistic, Mona rejected this reality, believing her mother loved her despite her words.

Trained privately to assure her safety, Mona eventually became strong enough that her father felt she would be able to defend herself alright. As such, when she made the request to be able to really leave for the first time and meet others while also helping them, he couldn't refuse. She'd already been provided with a weapon, and so he let her depart for the academy to become a huntress.

...Though he admittedly had his concerns.

Weapon; Night Tearer
Night Tearer is a small shield with notable ridges. As such, the shield can be split into two Tessen, a type of war fan, the center of the shield being able to lock and unlock at the press of a button to make for easy mode changes.

Semblance; Dream Come True
Unlike most, Mona has a very unique and somewhat dangerous Semblance in that it requires her to be unconscious- and thus, vulnerable -to use it. With the limited ability of Oneiric Creation, she can conjure up living things from her dreams into reality to assist her and company. However, due to lacking control over her dreams, this at first has a tendency to go wrong(another reason why her mother wasn't a fan of her- it wasn't very fun to wake up to some figure trying to assassinate you). Sometimes even comically so. In addition, she obviously needs protected while she performs her 'work', and what she summons up only lasts about half an hour absolute tops, but averages from ten to twenty minutes.

When she isn't tripping over nothing, Mona could be called graceful. Maybe. Probably-- Okay, so sporadic is a better word for it. Her technique is very much influenced by the best offense being defense, and with how agile and fleet of foot she is, she's rather good at this. Wait for the enemy to strike, dodge, counterstrike. Keep in touch with surroundings and utilize them.

Motivation

Simple. Mona's goal is to help others, and alongside that, befriend as many people as she can. What better way to do that than to attend an academy full of people with similar interests(as far as she's aware)?

Extra
  • Mona is a bit of a fangirl, at times- and the worst part is, there are no real guidelines on who or what she'll do it over. No one is safe
  • She is quick to start caring for others​
  • Often apologizes too much if she ever feels she's done wrong​
  • If nobody tells her that she's about to, she might walk into a wall, especially if it's a glass one or she's very into what she's telling you about​
  • Almost always wears either a scarf or a bandanna around her neck, always of the color white​
  • Part of her fleetness of foot comes from dance lessons, which she actually incorporates into her fighting​
  • She probably ships it​
  • Sorry, what was I saying?? Oh, well​
"Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative." - H.G. Wells

maiden_of_the_night__formal_attire_by_teh_zombish-darecie.png

Name
Midna Eclipse

Legend/Folklore Motif
Selene, Goddess of the Moon(with slight insp from Gretel)

Appearance

Midna has deep, dark blue eyes that are easy to get lost in, but have clearly witnessed tragedy. Her skin is rather pale, matching her soft pale blonde hair that tumbles down her shoulders to about her waist in waves. She always wears an ankle-length cloak matching the color of her skirt over this, with the clasp of it being a silver crescent moon. This cloak, in addition, conceals her wolf tail that matches the color of her hair.

Biography
The daughter of a wise man named Sol and a kind, graceful and loving woman named Orabela, and the sister of Cyriac and Aurore, Midna was rather lucky in that she had a fairly normal life. Save for perhaps that her entire family was made up of Faunus, with her hedgehog brother, her deer sister, her eagle father and her rabbit mother. And, of course, she the wolf. Her parents both cared deeply for her, showing her nothing but love and kindness- though often, she did not quite understand their actions or why they did what they did. Because while they had the best intentions, important lessons cannot be learned by receiving mere pats on the head and cuddles. She was taught the way of the world at a young age.

And it was soon proved that she needed it.

In a series of events involving the murder of both her grandfather and her father, Midna and her brother were kicked from the house by their mother, left to straggle on the streets. Unable to stand watching her brother having to live this way, she sought after Valhalla. After all, it was where she'd been destined before all of the madness and her banishment. Why live on the streets when she had the skill to get there? After all, with the anti-Faunus folk practically ruling the city on top of their already intense poverty, Midna didn't like the odds of waiting for her or her brother to be found out to be Faunus since both of their tails were at least concealable. Though there had been a good few times she had defended Faunus that had been being mistreated.As for what type of person she is, let's just start off by making it clear that Midna isn't a bad person. She has good intentions, though it doesn't always show- she's just often not good with other people.

Weapon; Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse is composed of two small handheld convertible flamethrower-sickle/falxs that look akin to your average gun at first glance. The flamethrowers each convert into dual sickles, that of which are shaped near exactly like crescent moons. These are her preferred weapons, when she isn't more inclined to use her fists and feet. The blade shoots off as well, functioning as a bladed hookshot.

Semblance; Walkin' on Moonshine(Ohhh oh)

Think Silver Surfer, my friends, but rather than riding on a silvery board, she rides upon concentrated moonbeams she can manifest. During the full moon, she is additionally faster and stronger than normal.

Let's just say that Midna knows how to truly use her weapons as an extension of herself, and is very in sync with them, fighting with practiced strength and grace. When she isn't charging into combat with a plan of attack that is simply 'attack', anyways. She works best when her weapon is in it's sickle state, admittedly, and her second-best fighting technique is weaponless combat, at which she immensely excels.

Motivation

Honestly, there is little reason she's willing to explain. The primary one being that it would give her(and hopefully her brother) a place to live and sleep, and allow her to make a living to better support them. Besides, she always had wanted to make the world a better place. Maybe this is her chance.

Trivia
  • She is the kind of gal who knows how the movie ends within the first few minutes of watching it, and will nonchalantly point it out despite this enraging those around her.​
  • While she is an amazing climber, her talent is combated by her inability to swim(which she will never admit to).​
  • Absolutely adores animals in general, but horses especially.​
  • Reading is one of her favorite pastimes, as is singing. Her brother has always told her he feels her voice is so enchanting that it could calm even a raging tide.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi and York
I read the entire intro in Qrow's voice lol

Totally interested in this. I'll post up a cs today or tomorrow.~

I read the entire intro in Qrow's voice lol

Totally interested in this. I'll post up a cs today or tomorrow.~
SUCCESS

I admit I(unintentionally) wrote it sorta Qrow-ish, which is probably a result of just having watched the latest ep as well as rewatched some of the Vol 4 WoR's just before making this, heh. But I can't wait to see it! :D

• Love
Reactions: Quake
Alright, I made a clan for this as well, where all OOC chatter will take place and I'll keep a cast list and post some NPCs and the like. Here it is: Error | IwakuRoleplay.com

Awesome.~ I've already started on my character(s). I was wondering though, where is the majority of the story going to be taking place? Like, what Academy/ Kingdom? Unless I missed it, I noticed it doesn't state which schools Mona and Midna attend, so i was sort of wondering where this would all start at?

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Awesome.~ I've already started on my character(s). I was wondering though, where is the majority of the story going to be taking place? Like, what Academy/ Kingdom? Unless I missed it, I noticed it doesn't state which schools Mona and Midna attend, so i was sort of wondering where this would all start at?
Ahh, oops- meant to include that, but it appears I forgot to.

The RP is going to be taking place in Ashea, so it'll be Eden academy. Sorry about that!

• Thank You
Well, here we go. I'm done. Without further ado, i present The Rooks. (: Please let me know if I need to change anything, if there's something you don't agree with, or if I need to expand on certain information. Thanks!

Character Sheet

large.jpg

Felix is the girl on the right. (:

Name: Felix Anne Velos

Legend/Folklore Motif: Castor and Pollux ( The Gemini )

Appearance Description: Felix dresses pretty modestly. On a regular day she wears dark, monochromatic colors that compliment her jet black hair and serious disposition. Despite her tomboyish attitude and personality, she can be quite feminine at times, often seen wearing skirts and dresses when relaxing or out of combat.

Biography:

Felix and Duke are a sibling duo that grew up as orphans in the Kingdom of Drayce. Raised by her brother for most of her childhood, Felix grew up tough as nails. Her stubborn personality and bullheaded approach to life got her in many tough situations, but she always had her brother to back her up. Many times these situations ended with the pair beaten and bruised in dark alleys, struggling for survival. Over time the two learned that they would have to depend on each other to survive the streets. As time passed the siblings grew. The pair learned to lean on each others strengths and cover each others' weaknesses, and soon they were no longer at the bottom of the food chain. When Felix convinced her brother to sign up for a fighting tournament, the twins quickly realized that their skills could keep them fed. Before much longer, the pair had won competitions throughout Drayce, and were quite popular when they enrolled in Zion Academy.

Unfortunately, the twins' time at Zion was short lived. The pair had learned to work together so well that their styles and techniques clashed when paired with other trainees. This quickly lead to full out brawls and before long, Felix and Duke, now infamously known as "The Rooks," were expelled from Zion for excessive force. Oddly enough, it wasn't Duke that had been the main cause of the situation, but Felix. She had gotten in an altercation that had resulted in her expulsion. When Duke heard about what had happened, he quit the academy to support his sister.

Frustrated with their lives in Drayce, the pair went on a trip and traveled from village to village, helping those that they could before finally arriving at the Kingdom of Ashea. The Rooks silently enrolled into Eden Academy, hoping for a better life and a fresh start. Currently, the talented duo are freshman just trying to keep a low profile on their path to the title of Huntsman.

Weapon: Felix isn't a big fan of large flashy weapons. She believes that her hands and combat abilities are the true sign of strength. As such, Felix's "weapons" are a pair of lightly padded, finger less gloves she wears to throw powerful blows. No one can deny that Felix is talented, but without her brother she is only a shadow of her true self, as many of her most dangerous and impressive techniques require two people to perform.

Semblance:

Absolute Force

Felix's semblance, affectionately referred to as Absolute Force, is the ability to manipulate pressure. Oddly enough, she can only manipulate exerted pressure through her hands, however doing so gives off the illusion of super strength, as Felix can alter the pressure she puts out, allowing her to throw devastating punches and lift giant objects with relative ease. Paired with her brother's ability, she is the signature powerhouse of the Rooks.

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style:

Felix's fighting style is very brash and direct. As much of her combat abilities are self taught, Felix is incredibly unpredictable. During her short time at Zion Academy, the leader of the Rooks did pick up some actual combat training, but is most comfortable with her own ground-and-pound style of combat.

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress:

Felix doesn't particularly care to be a hero or savior of the people. She just wants to be strong. Deep down, she knows that she's weaker without her brother, and fears that if anything should happen to him, she wouldn't be as strong on her own. Thus she fights for strength to stand on her own two feet.

NPC or PC?: PC

Extra:

-Despite being the younger sibling, Felix is without a doubt the "Alpha" of the duo, which is why she is the leader of the Rooks.
-Felix has a small black Rook tattoo on her left collarbone that matches the Rook her brother has on his tongue.
-Despite having never actually beaten her brother in combat, Felix believes she is the better fighteer of the duo. Poetically enough, her brother disagrees.
Character Sheet

large.jpg

Duke is the boy on the left. (:

Name: Duke Allen Velos

Appearance Description:

Duke isn't a fan of flashy, attention-drawing clothing. He prefers simple clothing that is comfortable and flexible at the same time. Like his sister, he also wears darker colors. On an average day, Duke can be seen wearing a simple black T-shirt with charcoal jeans and a pair of everyday street shoes.

Biography:

Duke grew up with his sister Felix in the slums of Drayce. Despite being only hours older than her, Duke stepped up as the 'adult' and worked hard to protect and provide for his younger sister. Often times the pair would find themselves beaten and hungry, but Duke always did what he could to take care of Felix. There were many rough nights for the pair.

As the duo grew up, they learned to defend themselves and discovered that by working together they made a pretty dangerous combination. As Felix was coming into her own as a person, Duke stepped back as the provider of the pair. He was still the older brother, but Felix's Type A personality shown through in most situations, and Duke was happy to let her make the important decisions. He would simply watch, follow, and give advice where he could. Thus he wasn't too keen when Felix suggested they fight in a tournament for prize money. However his cries of disagreement fell on deaf ears, and the duo entered the contest, easily sweeping the competition. From there, the pair fought for a living before finally enrolling into Zion Academy as students.

Unfortunately for Duke, Felix got into an altercation at the school that resulted in her nearly killing a student. When she was expelled, Duke dropped out of the Academy to stay with his sister. Together the Rooks traveled to Ashea and enrolled in Eden Academy in hopes of a fresh start and a new life.

Weapon:

Just like his sister, Duke doesn't wield any particular weapon. Instead, he also chooses to fight using his own hand to hand style of combat developed by him and his sister. A third similarity is that he also wears a pair of leather gloves to fight. The only difference is that while his sisters has a slight padding in them, Duke's gloves are weighted for a little extra ''mmph'' with every blow.

Semblance:

Bio-Drive

Duke's Semblance is a unique ability called Bio-Drive. Using it, Duke can speed himself up in different ways. The most common use of this semblance is increasing his speed for faster movement and strikes. While he's not breaking sound barriers or giving off the image of teleportation anytime soon, Bio-Driving his speed can allow Duke to close a distance of 100 meters within four seconds flat. Other uses for Bio Drive include speeding up his own rate for blood flow for quicker healing, and/or speeding up his thought processing ability, allowing him to plan ahead quicker. However, using his Semblance also drains his Aura, meaning using it too much/frequently can resulting in him being taken out with a single blow or shot. If his Aura breaks, his Semblance is no longer able to be used. Thus, Duke relies heavily on his sister to help him maintain balance. If Felix is the Power behind the Rooks, Duke is the Precision.

Duke's fighting style is all about quick, accurate strikes that deliver the most damage possible. While his sister is a raging ball of fury in combat, Duke is a nimble, more agile fighter always looking for the best opportunity to strike. While the fighting style the Rooks use is similar in practice, the way the pair each makes use of it is extremely different, causing it to appear almost as two different fighting styles completely.

Duke fears losing his sister more than anything in the world. While he keeps a cool, level head most of the time, he always has a slight fear that if something should happen to her, he would be lost. Thus, he fights to keep up with his sister, and hopes to keep her safe on whatever crazy journeys she takes. He is her big brother, after all.~

NPC or PC: PC

Extra:
-Despite being the older sibling, Duke allows Felix to call the shots when it comes to the decisions they make. As such, she is the proclaimed head of the Rooks.
-Duke has the Rook Tattoo on his tongue, whereas his sister has it on her collarbone.
-Duke was the one who came up with the name for the Rooks, although Felix swears it was her.
-Duke has never beaten his sister in a one-on-one match, although he insists that as the elder brother he was naturally the victor. Felix just doesn't remember. Felix doesn't agree.

Well, here we go. I'm done. Without further ado, i present The Rooks. (: Please let me know if I need to change anything, if there's something you don't agree with, or if I need to expand on certain information. Thanks!

Character Sheet

large.jpg

Felix is the girl on the right. (:

Name: Felix Anne Velos

Appearance Description: Felix dresses pretty modestly. On a regular day she wears dark, monochromatic colors that compliment her jet black hair and serious disposition. Despite her tomboyish attitude and personality, she can be quite feminine at times, often seen wearing skirts and dresses when relaxing or out of combat.

Biography:

Felix and Duke are a sibling duo that grew up as orphans in the Kingdom of Drayce. Raised by her brother for most of her childhood, Felix grew up tough as nails. Her stubborn personality and bullheaded approach to life got her in many tough situations, but she always had her brother to back her up. Many times these situations ended with the pair beaten and bruised in dark alleys, struggling for survival. Over time the two learned that they would have to depend on each other to survive the streets. As time passed the siblings grew. The pair learned to lean on each others strengths and cover each others' weaknesses, and soon they were no longer at the bottom of the food chain. When Felix convinced her brother to sign up for a fighting tournament, the twins quickly realized that their skills could keep them fed. Before much longer, the pair had won competitions throughout Drayce, and were quite popular when they enrolled in Zion Academy.

Unfortunately, the twins' time at Zion was short lived. The pair had learned to work together so well that their styles and techniques clashed when paired with other trainees. This quickly lead to full out brawls and before long, Felix and Duke, now infamously known as "The Rooks," were expelled from Zion for excessive force. Oddly enough, it wasn't Duke that had been the main cause of the situation, but Felix. She had gotten in an altercation that had resulted in her expulsion. When Duke heard about what had happened, he quit the academy to support his sister.

Frustrated with their lives in Drayce, the pair went on a trip and traveled from village to village, helping those that they could before finally arriving at the Kingdom of Ashea. The Rooks silently enrolled into Eden Academy, hoping for a better life and a fresh start. Currently, the talented duo are freshman just trying to keep a low profile on their path to the title of Huntsman.

Weapon: Felix isn't a big fan of large flashy weapons. She believes that her hands and combat abilities are the true sign of strength. As such, Felix's "weapons" are a pair of lightly padded, finger less gloves she wears to throw powerful blows. No one can deny that Felix is talented, but without her brother she is only a shadow of her true self, as many of her most dangerous and impressive techniques require two people to perform.

Semblance:

Absolute Force

Felix's semblance, affectionately referred to as Absolute Force, is the ability to manipulate pressure. Oddly enough, she can only manipulate exerted pressure through her hands, however doing so gives off the illusion of super strength, as Felix can alter the pressure she puts out, allowing her to throw devastating punches and lift giant objects with relative ease. Paired with her brother's ability, she is the signature powerhouse of the Rooks.

Felix's fighting style is very brash and direct. As much of her combat abilities are self taught, Felix is incredibly unpredictable. During her short time at Zion Academy, the leader of the Rooks did pick up some actual combat training, but is most comfortable with her own ground-and-pound style of combat.

Felix doesn't particularly care to be a hero or savior of the people. She just wants to be strong. Deep down, she knows that she's weaker without her brother, and fears that if anything should happen to him, she wouldn't be as strong on her own. Thus she fights for strength to stand on her own two feet.

NPC or PC?: PC

Extra:

-Despite being the younger sibling, Felix is without a doubt the "Alpha" of the duo, which is why she is the leader of the Rooks.
-Felix has a small black Rook tattoo on her left collarbone that matches the Rook her brother has on his tongue.
-Despite having never actually beaten her brother in combat, Felix believes she is the better fighteer of the duo. Poetically enough, her brother disagrees.
Character Sheet

large.jpg

Duke is the boy on the left. (:

Name: Duke Allen Velos

Appearance Description:

Duke isn't a fan of flashy, attention-drawing clothing. He prefers simple clothing that is comfortable and flexible at the same time. Like his sister, he also wears darker colors. On an average day, Duke can be seen wearing a simple black T-shirt with charcoal jeans and a pair of everyday street shoes.

Biography:

Duke grew up with his sister Felix in the slums of Drayce. Despite being only hours older than her, Duke stepped up as the 'adult' and worked hard to protect and provide for his younger sister. Often times the pair would find themselves beaten and hungry, but Duke always did what he could to take care of Felix. There were many rough nights for the pair.

As the duo grew up, they learned to defend themselves and discovered that by working together they made a pretty dangerous combination. As Felix was coming into her own as a person, Duke stepped back as the provider of the pair. He was still the older brother, but Felix's Type A personality shown through in most situations, and Duke was happy to let her make the important decisions. He would simply watch, follow, and give advice where he could. Thus he wasn't too keen when Felix suggested they fight in a tournament for prize money. However his cries of disagreement fell on deaf ears, and the duo entered the contest, easily sweeping the competition. From there, the pair fought for a living before finally enrolling into Zion Academy as students.

Unfortunately for Duke, Felix got into an altercation at the school that resulted in her nearly killing a student. When she was expelled, Duke dropped out of the Academy to stay with his sister. Together the Rooks traveled to Ashea and enrolled in Eden Academy in hopes of a fresh start and a new life.

Weapon:

Just like his sister, Duke doesn't wield any particular weapon. Instead, he also chooses to fight using his own hand to hand style of combat developed by him and his sister. A third similarity is that he also wears a pair of leather gloves to fight. The only difference is that while his sisters has a slight padding in them, Duke's gloves are weighted for a little extra ''mmph'' with every blow.

Semblance:

Bio-Drive

Duke's Semblance is a unique ability called Bio-Drive. Using it, Duke can speed himself up in different ways. The most common use of this semblance is increasing his speed for faster movement and strikes. While he's not breaking sound barriers or giving off the image of teleportation anytime soon, Bio-Driving his speed can allow Duke to close a distance of 100 meters within four seconds flat. Other uses for Bio Drive include speeding up his own rate for blood flow for quicker healing, and/or speeding up his thought processing ability, allowing him to plan ahead quicker. However, using his Semblance also drains his Aura, meaning using it too much/frequently can resulting in him being taken out with a single blow or shot. If his Aura breaks, his Semblance is no longer able to be used. Thus, Duke relies heavily on his sister to help him maintain balance. If Felix is the Power behind the Rooks, Duke is the Precision.

Duke's fighting style is all about quick, accurate strikes that deliver the most damage possible. While his sister is a raging ball of fury in combat, Duke is a nimble, more agile fighter always looking for the best opportunity to strike. While the fighting style the Rooks use is similar in practice, the way the pair each makes use of it is extremely different, causing it to appear almost as two different fighting styles completely.

Duke fears losing his sister more than anything in the world. While he keeps a cool, level head most of the time, he always has a slight fear that if something should happen to her, he would be lost. Thus, he fights to keep up with his sister, and hopes to keep her safe on whatever crazy journeys she takes. He is her big brother, after all.~

Extra:
-Despite being the older sibling, Duke allows Felix to call the shots when it comes to the decisions they make. As such, she is the proclaimed head of the Rooks.
-Duke has the Rook Tattoo on his tongue, whereas his sister has it on her collarbone.
-Duke was the one who came up with the name for the Rooks, although Felix swears it was her.
-Duke has never beaten his sister in a one-on-one match, although he insists that as the elder brother he was naturally the victor. Felix just doesn't remember. Felix doesn't agree.

Oh my goodness, I love them! Accepted!

• Thank You
Picture:
nwUkiQE.png

Name:
Audrey Pyralis, translated to "Noble strength of fire"

Biography:
The daughter of the self-elected governor of one of the many outlying villages that exist in Remnant, her life never lacked for food, or toys, or gifts aplenty. Everything she ever wished for was delivered...and yet, still empty. A hollow feeling that only felt like it deepened with each material thing. Her father was a weak-willed man who projected confidence publicly, putting on airs of strength and power but in reality was nothing more than a coward who hid behind the skill and ability of his sole elite bodyguard. A huntsman, hired for the job. His name, she never got...primarily because she never cared to find out. Anyone working for the fat slob that was her father was beneath notice as far as she was concerned.

The only truly good thing she got from her father was an education. Spared no expense. Why would he, when he was feeding off the work and toil of the villagers. He could afford it. A naturally clever girl, her intelligence increased with each new subject, though she tinkered with/favored mechanics and aerodynamics the most of all she learned.

One day, she was instructed to accompany her brother to deliver some goods to one of the neighboring villages that bordered their own. Along the way, she came across an elderly man just sitting in the road with a dented tin tray lying in front of him, a few coins spread out within. Some gave, but most passerby jeered and kicked and spat on the beggar, who didn't seem to even have the energy to cry.

She was tempted to stop and help the man, but they had a timetable to keep to. Moving on, she passed by many other broken, tired, dirty and hungry men and women. Grimm attack they had barely repelled, from the look of it and the bits of sentences she was able to overhear. And then right before the house they were supposed to deliver the goods too, someone that stood in heavy contrast stepped through the crowd. Handsome, clean and well-dressed with a smile on his face. When he passed the others, they bowed and despite all of them having little to nothing, they tried to give him something or another as he passed. Each thing, gleefully accepted and stowed away in a satchel he carried.

Confused and curious, she approached him when the crowd eventually dispersed and bluntly asked who he was. He just flashed that smirk and replied "Just a wandering monk. And you are?"

She ignored his question. "Monk?"

"Yes. The superstitious of this village know me as one who can commune with spirits. They believe if they gain my favor, that I might intercede with spirits on their behalf. To ask them to lift the poor out of their misery or pass along messages from their deceased loved ones. To change their stricken fate."

Her blood was already beginning to boil. "And will you?"

He chuckled. "Nothing can change fate, my dear. All of our destinies are set the day we are born. Most of us are destined to live hard and empty lives. On the other hand, some of us," He jiggled the satchel he carried, "are destined to receive whatever excess the empty ones managed to obtain. This allows us to live full and pleasant lives. We can, after all, only fill the roles we are given."

"..."

Perhaps his destiny spiel had a ring of truth to it. Who knows? What she knew was, as soon as she was done feeding this guy his teeth and returning his gifts, she had a role and purpose made right then and there. Those some people he talked about, those who thrived off the rest of the more honest and hardworking...

Those like her father...

Such things would not be allowed to continue. Not as long as she was still breathing to bring about change. Little did she know who that purpose would attract to her side...

Weapon:
Ignis Arma: Collapsible armor pieces, namely gauntlets/greaves and a single shoulder pauldron. They are all built to work off her semblance in usage. The greave/boots have an exit valve that can project her flames outward, granting her the ability to hover and limited flight through the boost of fire. The gauntlets have much the same, able to send her backwards or forwards with a quick thrusting application of flames, on top of singeing any opponents her gauntlets are facing towards.

Incendio: A simple obsidian blade that she carries with her. No transformations, but it also harnesses her innate ability to create flames. Excess heat is redirected outward so that each cut of metal is accompanied by a stinging burn. Useful for melting through the armor of certain Grimm, but also useful against human foes, such as those greedy ones who live off excess of others. Any wounds are instantly cauterized, slowing the bleeding out and allowing her more time to make clear the folly of their actions, however harsh a punishment it takes.

Semblance:
Creation and manipulation of the element of fire

------------------------------

Picture:
KzOWLHr.png

Name
Teanna Sky, translated to "free spirit sky"

Biography
On the other hand, her sometimes friend, sometimes acquaintance depending on the mood, but all time partner, Teanna had a poorer life. Born a baker's daughter, she was never taught the skill as he expected his son to take over the shop. That and their near poverty(the fact that they were the ones making food kept them from total poverty) made life especially hard but she was never one to go a minute without a smile on her face. One of the "empty ones" as that monk would describe.

In fact, it was during Audrey's attempt to change stuff like that when the two met each other. A greeting led to a conversation, one thing led to another, and soon enough having heard all she needed to hear...that led to her declaration to try and help. No amount of acerbic words from Audrey or disapproval from her family dissuaded her. Her father was still well and he had her brother just in case extra help was needed for the bakery. She was free to go as she pleased. And so she did, serving as the more air-headed and cheerful of the pair and occasionally guiding Audrey down less...harsh paths.

Weapon
None, though her semblance is a potent weapon indeed. And harming her all but guarantees Audrey's wrath, no matter how much the fire manipulator denies it.

Semblance
Soulsight: Her passive, always on ability allows her to perceive the aura of all living things. Shown as a glowing bright light in varying colors, emanating out from where their hearts rested. This also gives her rough guesstimation on aura levels, as shining bright indicates a full aura while a dimmed and barely perceptible tint indicates the other end of the spectrum.

When pressed in combat, her semblance also allows her to "lock" the aura of others, depriving them of it and their semblance for a short time. She can only use it on one person at a time, however, and repeatedly mass using it gives her migraines and more rarely, nosebleeds if she overtaxes it to the extreme.

Very acrobatic and flashy.​

"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection."
-Michelangelo

7f344679c51b0ebdf1a0306533ee4779.jpg

(Closest image I could find to what I wanted)

Name: Ming Meixiu

Legend/Folklore Motif: The 9 Muses, with a Chinese Aesthetic

860_Giulio_Romano_002.jpg

Appearance Description:

Ming is an innocent girl. She wears loose, flowing, light greenish-blue robes in a Chinese style. She has long black hair with blue tint/shimmer similar to that of a junebug or starling. Her eyes are a blue-green. To the viewer, she is innocent and disarming. However, she is actually a force to be reckoned with.

When in combat, she wears a ceramic Kabuki mask backed with mesh. This is to not only protect her face, but also to hide her identity when fighting human opponents. This mask applies the Rorschach effect, allowing those who see it to see different patterns on the mask itself.

Biography:

Ming is an interesting person. Born the daughter of a musician and an actor, the arts played a large part in her life. Her parents urged her to study as much as she could in the arts so that she could be like them. She also took up Astronomy and writing to bide her time. When she was older, she became a member of an all female pop group known for their elaborate outfits, choreography, and vocals.

Weapon:

Tiger's Claws:

untitled_by_rittik_designs-d97v1bd.png

(The blue one on the left.)

To the layman, the fan appears to be a normal fan, However, it is held together by six blades. When she unfolds it, she can use it as a close-combat weapon. However, They can also come apart and be turned into seperate knives, which act as throwing knives. She can call them back to her via the pin, which acts as a magnet. (Think like Captain America's shield, but it's multiple small knives)

Semblance:

Euterpe's Awakening:

The manipulation of Soundwaves in the local area. She uses these in a similar way to air manipulation. She can direct her throwing knives and other weapons towards their target, or away from her. It has a limiation in that it can't really carry anything larger than her knives.

She can also use it to throw her voice when not in combat.

She moves gracefully across the battlefield, almost similar to a dancer or acrobat. She attempts to maintain her distance from an enemy so that she can manipulate her knives. When she is forced to get close, She attempts to keep moving around the subject in order to his points with her fan.

Once the members group she was had to go their separate ways. Several members formed another group, some went off to live normal lives, some started solo careers, and Ming, who was impressed by what she saw of Hunters, decided to join the Hunter school so that she could train and be like them.

Extra:

Ming carries a backpack full of a small harp, a map of the stars, and various writings including poems, stories, and plays. It is unknown how she has time to do all of this stuff.
"In self-defense and in defense of the innocent, cowardice is the only sin."
-Dean Koontz

6b27cb1be4d7e20ac12888a0200b4082.jpg

Name: Gainsborough Fisher (But he goes by Gail)

Legend/Folklore Motif: Sir Percival

Appearance Description:

Gail has light brown hair with gray roots. His eyes are gray around the pupil, and blue on the outside of the iris.

His armor is similar to that of a knight Templar, however, instead of iron or steel, it is made of lightweight carbon nanotubes, similar to that of modern day SWAT or military body armor for both protection and maneuverability.

Biography:

Gainsborough was born to a Hunter father and a farmer mother. His father was constantly going out to fight, leaving him alone with his mother, and rarely seeing his father. Eventually, when Gainsborough was about 10, his father never returned. He had been killed during a White Fang attack. His mother wished to keep her son from the same fate, and fell into a deep despair as she took her son off to live in a remote village in the woods, away from the chaos of the world.

Weapon:

Maiden's Cry:

A standard Knightly sword and shield set similar to those of Earth's Medieval era is used for close combat. When involved in range or Close-quarters combat, the sword turns into a gun similar to a modern day Heckler-Koch MP5.

Semblance:

Tempus Fugit (AKA "Deja-Fu")

The semblance is primarily used in combat. The semblance can see an enemy's attack about 3 seconds in advance, allowing Gail to alter his strategies and counter. This works for both ranged as well as close combat. However, the effect has a liability in that after about 30 seconds of use, it's effectiveness begins to wear off by either not showing the enemy's attack, or showing a different one than will occur, and mistakes will occur more often as battles go on. It will also not show counter-attacks.

Passive, he can usually predict a basic or repeated action that someone within line of sight will perform.

He fights much like a SWAT officer when at a distance or inside close-quarters. He fires his weapon in three round bursts, reloads when he gets a chance, clears rooms before entering, and attempts to maintain a low center of gravity.

When in close combat, he fights in ways similar to a knight. He takes a defensive position, and attempts to knock his enemy away.

When his father died, his mother fell into despair. She raised Gail in the woods to protect him from the world until she thought he was ready for it. While there, he came across a group of hunters passing through the woods. Viewing their heroics, he was amazed and decided that becoming a hunter was what he wanted to do. He fled from his mother and followed the Hunters deeper into the woods. He eventually enrolled in Eden Academy in order to further his prospects and follow his dream of becoming a hunter.

Extra

Years ago....

Explosions great and small lit the skies like a tribute, to every fallen soldier on the battlefield. Faunus, Human it didn't matter- All cadavers looked alike and war spared no one. Old men talked and young people died...It had always been this way and he had become far, too old now to think otherwise. As of now, things had come to a head far beyond what he had envisioned. Humans had numbers, and numbers would eventually overwhelm, but the Faunus- Ah, the Faunus. They were perfect soldiers and the General admired that as he clutched his cane, the silver head of an elephant upon it as the symbol of his House as he surveyed the holographic battlefield.

This was not worth coming out of retirement and as the analysts described the battles events, he chuckled aloud.

He was a somber figure in the room. Old, his hair white and his face scarred from an attack long ago. Icy, blue eyes stared out as a respirator over his lower jaw echoed in its constant work. His uniform was bereft of medals and ensigns... They knew who he was.

"Sir! Grimm Attack! The Grimm are crashing into our Southern Flank!"

"Are they? How very desperate."

The messenger appeared confused, the black-clad hand of the general indicating the field.

"The Faunus are the most dangerous of enemies- They believe. And that belief taints every choice, every move in which they perform onto the board. They fight not merely for wage, or for land or even for current rights. They fight in the belief that the world will be better for it, that things will establish themselves far beyond for their future generations. It is a tenacity I admire, if nothing else."

"They're animals sir. Animals don't think like that."

"And that is why, we will lose this war. Inform the men to let the Grimm pass by. They're a distraction, nothing more."

"Distraction?" The messenger looked confused, but as the orders were carried out, he followed after the old man, who seemed inclined to explain and indulge. This close, despite the weight of years it was easy to believe this old man had once fought another war, had gained a reputation that had at first bemused, and then later embraced by him.

"A war of attrition is not one the Fanus can win. Not if you consider the logistics. By that calculation, this leaves them with only scant methods of eventual victory. Either a pyrrhic victory where nothing is left, which is completely at odds with their goals and their belief...Or strikes of the most insane sort, no one would contemplate. Mind your step."

"Mind my- Ah, General look out!"

He dove immediately before the General, intercepting the bullet and soaking up a great deal of damage as he groaned. Stepping carefully over, the General stared across. The assassin stared back, clad in black as atypical Fanus features flicked in stress, the ears of a cat pressed against her head. The General smiled beneath the mask.

"Thank you for not killing him. Little Jimmy has a lot of potential I feel, if he'd let his conscious be his guide."

The elephant head cane slapped the button next to him, closing the doors to give the conversation privacy. The assassin seemed confused. Shaking his head, the General said quietly.

"Did you really believe I wanted any of this? I fought a war to give life to my children and grandchildren, not take it away. Now indulge an old man, please. I want to see my granddaughters face and not the face of an enemy made by idiots."

Despite herself, the Fanus removed her mask, wary of any tricks as she kept her gun on him. The General said nothing. But something in his eyes turned somewhat softer, and older now before he sighed out.

"...They need you dead. You and the other heads. Its the only way to win, you-."

"-Cut off the head and the chain of command, letting confusion set in. No orders, means an army becomes a rout. It was a risky gambit, granddaughter."

"We had everything to gain." The General chuckled.

"A much nicer way of putting it. Very well then. What do you want?"

"What do I want?!" Tears filled her eyes, she stepped forward and shoved the gun barrel into his stomach. He didn't react or move away, as she spoke.

"I want this to be over. I want other Fanus to be treated, like any human. I want to see people act as people, and I want revenge for all my dead friends! The square riots, the executions- All of it, for an unjust cause! You could have done something! You could have said anything, but you stood there and did nothing. Why?!"

This wasn't like old times. Not here, with the smell of fire and metal, of Dust and the sounds of sirens. The ground shook and she continued to cry. But the gun never wavered. In a voice quiet and still, the General spoke.

"...Yes. I could have done something. I chose to believe that I had fought for something worthwhile. I had chose to believe that I wasn't unique, that my wife and my family was something uncommon, not a curiosity. That I didn't hear their whispers about your grandmother... Or my grandchildren. Not till it was too late." He considered for a long moment, then asked bluntly.

"Are you going to shoot me? I won't stop you."

"I don't know." She sobbed, tears falling freely as she looked up.

"....Grandpa. Help me."

It was a small plea. A childs plea, afraid of the dark and begging for respite.

And for the first time, General Hamilton Barca felt like his old self again since the war, as it all fell into place.

"Go. Now. I'll contact you with details, our old code."

She paused and looked in astonishment, as the sound of troops came closer through the halls.

"NOW!" Bellowed General Barca and she turned and fled, the troops arriving as they looked around.

"General, there's been a strike here. We're to relocate to Delta Base. Your orders?"

General Barca gripped the head of his cane tightly, head bowed and considering, before he turned and snarled.

"Order Kringle's mercenary group to cover our escape. And then get me General Lagune on the line."

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

I will either find a way, or make one.

-General Hannibal Barca.

Character Sheet

8r2e90D.jpg

Name

Professor Hamilton Barca.

Legend/Folklore Motif

Hannibal Barca of Carthrage.

Appearance Description

General Barca is a tall man, old but fit. His only concession to his age is the cane he has in hand, with the silver head of an elephant. Nicknamed 'Thunderbolt', it doubles as his weapon and he uses it effectively as a bludgeoning tool, in addition to the cannonade rounds it can fire. Favoring tasteful suits, he's not a man for pretensions and values clear thinking.

Biography

General Barca was a soldier in the Great War, attaining his rank and reputation there, retiring in later years to marry a Fanus nightclub singer. A move that scandalized many of the high society Atlas folks. Having three children between them, the couple spent their time doting on their grand children until the Fanus Right movement. Believing that things could be fixed from the inside, Barca attempted to work within the system while his Fanus grandchildren found themselves the targets of bigots and worse. It enraged him, but he still believed a compromise could be reached. When war broke out, his influence protected his wife, but his grandchildren had gone to fight. Either as activists, printing propaganda or on the field. Called out of retirement and wishing to mitigate the damage, General Barca once more entered the field of battle.

He currently works as a history professor, ensuring that new generations do not make the mistakes of the past.

Weapon

Thunderbolt: A bludgeoning weapon influenced by Melodic Cudgel. A twist of the cane head activates the electrical field, which turns it into a shock prod.

Semblance

Juggernaut: He's immensely strong. Though its vastly reduced in his old age, in terms of brute strength there are few who can contend with him. A simple tap of his cane onto the ground when he draws upon this strength, has potential to leave massive craters and was one reason why he was able to contend with Goliath's, in his heyday and why he uses their face as his family herald.

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style.

Having learned from two wars, Professor Barca fights like a soldier. Every move calculated and every risk weighted in an instant, before backing it up with action.

• Love
Picture

masked_kane_epicness_by_zemedic-d5csz3k.png

Name

Alcander Wilder (He calls himself 'Cain' however...)

Legend/Folklore Motif

Cain and Abel (Specifically Cain in this instance...)

Appearance Description

A tall fellow (6'7) he has a pretty average build. Usually seen wearing this to try and obscure his face and by extension his mask. He rarely takes his mask off even when told to by a higher up. This is because he believes it to be a mark of his curse and therefore tries not to remove it often. Lower body changes depending on whether or not the academy has a uniform or not.

Biography

Alcander was born to a poor family of farmers. Second born his older brother Milos, Alcander was often left in his brother's shadow at some points even being forgotten about entirely. He became Jealous of his older brother and worked twice as hard to try to surpass his brother going as far as to learn how to manipulate dust all on his own. Around the age of fourteen Milos was given the tools to create his weapon easily while Alcander when he turned fourteen was told he'd have to find the materials himself. Alcander's Jealousy was beginning to corrupt his mind as he began to plan.

Two years later Alcander (aged sixteen) met Milos (aged Nineteen) in a field where Alcander's jealously took over. A brawl ensured but Milos not wanting to harm his brother was rather easily killed (Supposedly) by Alcander after Alcander bashed his head in with a rock once he took his brother's aura down. Upon realizing what he did Alcander in a panic used his fire dust to set fire to the field as he fled hoping to burn away the evidence. On that day Milos and Alcander were never found.

Alcander feeling ashamed and depressed at his actions set to wander for the rest of his days. Surviving from village to village as he put on a mask to hide his shame. Two years into this wandering Alcander (aged eighteen) had just entered a village as it was being attacked by Grimm. Acting quickly Alcander went into action to save the village with all he had. Managing to just barely repel the attack Alcander was thanked for his efforts despite no one really knowing who he was. Alcander in turn upon realizing that protecting people could be a way to atone for his sins decide himself that he would become a hunter.

Weapon

5fedf7b0d7ba3f1b06cbe312cde613c9.jpg

Hellfire&Brimstone: Two gauntlets that are fed via two small tubes (on for each gauntlet) that runs in the underside of the gauntlets. Then it splits into five different smaller tubes (one for each finger). What is fed through the tubes is fire dust which then he can use via exits on the tip of each finger for various attacks. Using his aura to control the fire dust he can use it for various ranged attacks and even some close quarters though usually he'll opt to use punches and kicks in close quarters. This also very useful for his semblance.

Semblance

Strength of the Raging Fire: Alcander can take in fire from any source using it to gain a surge of strength and speed. However depending on the amount of fire he takes in and the condition of his aura this can backfire greatly. Much like a raging wild fire if his aura breaks while this is active his body will expel the flames he's taken in so it won't consume him. However this usually ends with him passing out shortly afterwards.

Alcander mainly relies on a brawler style with small influences from professional wrestling. He utilizes multiple variations of punches and kicks mixed in with some grappling if he feels he can overpower his opponent. The wrestling elements mostly come in the form of the German suplex and the chokeslam (I did tell Sav I was basing some this off of a wrestler... Might as well let it influence some of his fighting style : 3 )

Redemption for the crime he committed long ago against his brother (supposedly : 3 ). He realizes this upon saving a village from Grimm that by doing this he can hope to redeem himself and be forgiven for his crime. (He seeks to be forgiven by his (Supposedly) dead brother.). Alcander chose to travel out to Eden academy in the hopes of enrolling and learning how to become a proper hunter.

NPC or PC?(if you are posting an NPC, please post their CS in this thread!)

PC

Extra

The look (Not clothing but his mask and look) and a small portion of his fighting style is based on WWE wrestler Kane.

The use of fire is also based around Kane in a sense.

The mask in a sense is to represent the Mark of Cain though it does not hold the same purpose.

(It's been a long time since I last attempted something like this so if it sucks I apologize. I am open to suggestions and criticism so I can learn from this.)​

~Name~
Soneri Aundarya (translates into "Golden Beauty")

~Legend/Folklore Motif~
Ancient Mesopotamian Mythology (focused on Ishtar)

~Appearance Description~
As if her name meant anything at all, she can be seen as a young beauty that appears to have no physical flaws at all. She has long black hair, some of her strands being highlighted pure gold to uphold her namesake. It doesn't matter with her type of clothing, she happens to like wearing clothing that exposes her skin and/or is flashy and "one-of-a-kind" in fashion. Her clothing for combat is a simple faint golden vest, black fingerless gloves, and a faint golden short-skirt. A small tattoo resembling a single tear drop is seen under her right eye.

~Biography~
Hailing from a well-known and prosperous family in Atlas, Soneri was practically showered down with whatever she wanted. Clothes, money, even potential boyfriends whom were wooed by her beauty and later bailing out of the relationship due to her egotistical and spoiled personality. She never had a moment of disappointment and ignorance from her parents. Being the eldest, she was given the most attention from her other five siblings. In order to better themselves from their spoiled older sister, Soneri's siblings all gathered up a plan to grab the attention of their parents to them, away from her. It came with this bet between them and Soneri: if she couldn't get herself in a stable relationship with a man, they would reveal to their parents that she's unfit to carry their family name due to her spoiled nature.

So, Soneri did hook up with a man she sought to be her ideal boyfriend and later future husband, Gil. The relationship didn't last long, however, due to her apparent desperation and temptations to get him to love her. From there, her parents found out about her inability to find a stable match at her age and that she had been using up majority of the money they were giving her on needless things, and aimed their attention and care towards their younger children in hopes that they would be better than Soneri's spoiled self.

Realizing that she had to make some worth out of herself and fast, she figured she'll become a Huntress in order to something of worth and prove to her family that she wasn't a spoiled brat anymore. Taking the family's heirloom, a simple bow, with her, she planned to get it modified for the usage of being a Huntress.

~Weapon~
Kindle of Venus
Once a wornout bow used by the family's ancestor who fought in wars back many years ago, Soneri had this modified into a crossbow that would rest onto her left arm. When in a tight situation, it can fold up and take the form of a shield to protect herself with. When not in battle, the Kindle of Venus would retract from it's shield form into a simple protective arm band.

Heavenly Vessels of Maana
Emergency ammo when faced in a pressing situation against a tough foe or that she simply runs out of dust arrows. Simply arrows jampacked with every type of dust you can think of and a small crystal at its center. With the addition of the small crystal in each arrow, it syncs well with her Semblance. She always carries five of these arrows whenever the occasion comes up.

~Semblance~
Manifestation of Crystallized Beauty
Soneri is able to craft crystals into existence and move them in a manner similar to telekinesis. However, she cannot make more than the combined mass of 100 kilograms (about 200 pounds worth). She prefers to use her Semblance to move about her special arrows, Heavenly Vessels of Maana, as a surprise trick against enemies, moving said arrows in ways that aren't just "in a straight line."

~Notable Attributes and Fighting Style~
Soneri has a lot of pride in herself, has absolutely no humility and will not take the blame for any mistakes. She expects people to know what she wants to do, and possibly waits for the guaranteed moment to take the spotlight.

Her fighting style is solely based on archery due to the fact that she wouldn't want herself all dirtied up from close-range combat and that archery is the primary fighting style of her family.

~Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress~
Just as stated in her Bio, Soneri wishes to be known to her family as worth having around and not being a simple spoiled brat.

~NPC or PC~
PC

~Extra~
Kinda pulled some of the naming for her weapons and Semblance from Fate/Grand Order lol​

hTaFBUI.jpg

Name

Hazel Sterling

Legend/Folklore Motif

The Ill-Fated Princess

Appearance Description

Hazel has a pale, but somehow darker complexion, likely thanks to the circumstances of her upringing, and her overall lifestyle. Her skin is often covered with a fine layer of dirt of some sort, often soot/dust-like in nature, at least what skin is visible, which is mostly her hands and feet, and her head and neck, to a degree. The rest (for the most part) is covered by a brown cloak of some sort, sporting many tatters near the bottom. A few patches are strewn on the cloak's surface here and there, and underneath, she wears a rather standard looking pair of faded black (more like greyish now) jeans, and an aged looking white blouse that seems to fit her a bit loosely.

Most of her clothes and whatever utilities she may be carrying are usually covered by her cloak, but when not obscured by her hood, a few distinct features can be noted about her; she sports a head of reddish brown hair, her irises, while a dark brown colors, have a peculiar, yellowish tint to them.

Biography

Even from birth, somewhere around the Kingdom of Drayce, Hazel was believed to be cursed; upon being born into the world, as soon as she drew her first breath... She began to cry, her wails filled with such anguish and sorrow, that it soon attracted a large pack of Beowolves. Her village, being a small, furtive settlement, was unprepared for such an attack. There was hardly time to take up arms, much less to fight off the onslaught of Grimm. In fear, both her parents left her behind as they fled the village, with the screams of her fellow villagers echoing throughout the night.

In the morning, when the Grimm numbers thinned, most choosing to trail the fleeing villagers... A group of Bandits happened to stop by the village; they had intended to raid it the night before, but with the unexpected arrival of Grimm, they had to hold off till the morning. However, they arrived to find nothing but ruins, and abandoned houses, with little to nothing of value inside, that is... Until they heard the faint cries of an infant, abandoned inside one of the still somewhat intact houses.

There they found an infant, Hazel, with an odd, yellowish glint in her eyes... A peculiar trait for someone to have. However, her cries once again, attracted the attention of nearby Grimm, which the Bandits chalked down to their own presense in the village. So, one of them, seeing some strange sort of potential in Hazel, decided to bring her along... Managing to quiet her as they fled the ruins of the village that had once been her home.

For many years after, she was given her name, and raised by this particular tribe of Bandits... And as soon as she was old enough, she was allowed a single weapon of her choice, before she was made to fend for herself in the group, without the aid from any other fellow Bandits, and so she did.

It was a hard life, with less than ideal beginnings, but gradually... She learned to keep up with the rest of her tribe, following them closely, and eventually picking up on the subtle signs of the approach of Grimm. Without any formal training in battle despite having been given a weapon, Hazel learned how to fend for herself the hard way; through trial and error.

Finally, after having survived many years without an active aura to protect herself, and little to no help from the rest of her tribe... She was deemed ready for her initiation, and thus, one of the higher ranking tribe members began the initiation process, resulting in the activation of her aura.

Post initiation, she was tasked with finding her semblance, as it was imperative to her own survival, but given no further help in the process, and... For a while, she found it surprisingly difficult to identify what her semblance was. However, nearly a month after her "official" initiation into the tribe, during a routine raid of a village, the first of which she was urged to take part in, she finally discovered something cruicial about her semblance; it manifests through negative emotion.

Though it had happened as a child, the little memories she had of her village as it lay in ruins, were quick to flood back to her during her participation in her first raid. It brought out an emotion within her she had long thought she had overcome; fear, but instead of causing her to freeze up, her fear seemed to cause her to do something else. At first, there was a distinct, yellow, glint in her eyes, and then... Multiple howls and snarls pierced the air, as the Grimm were suddenly drawn to her position... Just like when she had been just a mere infant, but this time, she was ready.

Drawing her weapon, Hazel aimed, almost foolishly, to face the horde of Grimm head on, desperately trying to prove that hse wasn't afraid... Even as she felt the distinct feeling of fear course through her body. Beowolf after beowolf went down, but not without Hazel herself sustaining some considerable hits, and despite slowly tiring out... She still refused to give up. Just then, somewhere in the melee, an Alpha suddenly rushed forwards, taking a nasty swipe at her with its claw. With her aura potentially dangerously close to depletion, she knew it was going to be the end for her.

However, even so, just on a whim... She closed her eyes, wishing desperately she was anywhere but where she was right now, and... Surprisingly enough, that wish came true. In a blink of an eye, she was suddenly a short distance further back from where she had been, and the Alpha's claws were now just inches away from grazing her.

Thinking quickly, she ran, trying her best to avoid the Grimm still coming for her, trying to re-unite with the rest of her tribe again... Fortunately enough, she did find them, and the fear that had once been coursing through her body, seemed to subside once more, fortunately keeping the Grimm off her trail.

However, her tribe wasn't so happy to be re-united with her; they had seen her tendency to attract the Grimm, and despite her enigmatic powers... They knew she would be a threat as long as she, intentionally or not, drew Grimm towards herself through some mysterious projection of her negative emotions, and thus... She was cast out, run off into the wilderness.

Fortunately, with the skills she had learned from the Bandit tribe she had once been part of, Hazel was able to fend for herself... Experimenting further with her semblance, as well as some fighting techniques, and though she felt alot less inclined to engage large groups of Grimm, she would often find it usefull to fight one or two Grimm creatures every now and then, which helped her further her practice with her combat techniques as well as the utilization of her semblance. Eventually it almost became a hobby, and she even started to hunt Grimm for sport... Using any negative emotions she might have in her to her advantage, drawing Grimm towards her, and then using her semblance to put an end to their miserable lives.

After a few more years of fending for herself, and well, killing all sorts of Grimm creatures (though they tended to be Beowolves, creeps, and the occasional Ursa) Hazel eventually caught news of Hunters and Huntresses, who specialized in killing the Grimm, and even defended villages and settlements. Though she never believed in any particular sense of justice due to the lack of that in her upbringing, deep down it still felt... Better thinking about the concept of protecting villages rather than pillaging them.

Thus, after a while of consideration... She decided to become a Huntress. After all, while she had begun to adapt to using her semblance, and had honed her skills in combat, she still had alot of progress to make before she could deem herself a huntress. As much as she hated to admit it, she still needed training... And this sort of training, was something that only an hunters academy could provide.

Weapon

(No but seriously I can't think of a name so I guess I'll just chalk it down to the fact that Hazel just didn't bother with one x.x)
O7oJPan.jpg

An long ranged rifle that can be expanded into a double tipped spear of sorts, and compacted into a more portable form. While the (unnamed) weapon may not be as finely crafted as something made in a Hunters Academy, it was and is still nonetheless, cruicial to Hazel's survival out in the outskirts of civilization.

Semblance

Negative Emotion

By channeling the negative emotion she has within her, Hazel has discovered that she is capable of projecting it outwards, something that she had done unintentionally in her youth, drawing in various creatures of Grimm as a result, and if used correctly... It can even be utilized to lure lone creatures towards her to allow for a cleaner, swifter kill. However, this is far from the only way she can manifest her aura usig her negative emotions.

While she is currently limited to short distances (at the most a couple meters or so), with a bit of concentration, she has been able to teleport herself short distances, often appearing as if she is moving faster than the eye could see... When in fact, she is simply using her semblance to teleport herself a short distance, usually enough to evade swings from a weapon, or if she is lucky enough, a projectile or two. This ability appears to strain her though if used excessively, so she often prefers to use it sparingly... And well, keep a generally low profile about doing so.

One last way she has been able to use her semblance is by channeling her negative emotions in a way that amplifies her aura, allowing her an temporary increase in speed, strength, and durability.

It is noted that her semblance is only active when she experiences negative emotions, so it can quite literally be disarmed if someone can somehow make her laugh or what have you in the midst of battle... And well, break her concentration in the process.

Whenever her semblance in active, there is always a distinct, yellow glint in her eyes.

Hazel can be quite harsh and rude at times, and even sports a bit of an accent in the way that she talks thanks to her upbringing by Bandits for a majority of her life. However, it is not impossible for others to grow on her if they give her time to get accustomed to their company and such.

Though one prominent thing about her persona, both in battle, and in general is that she more often than not tries to go out of her way, regardless of how neccessary it is to prove that she can do things on her own, that she doesn't need someone elses help. Unfortunately she can be very stubborn about this as well, likely something she also developed when she had once been part of a Bandit Tribe.

In contrast to how she was in that Bandit tribe, Hazel often likes to keep a low profile in battle, choosing to strike swiftly, and fiercely as soon as she has the opportunity to get the drop on her opponent. When she strikes, she tries to keep her movements erratic, using her semblance in a multitude of ways in order to confuse her opponent as she tries to pummel them from any angle possible... Whether it be from a distance with her weapon's rifle form, or at close range, with her weapon acting as a spear.

Once caught in the heat of battle though, Hazel is known to be sometimes reckless if she is riled up enough... And this is often times the point when she drops all attempts at subtlety and instead, more or less "bull rushes" her opponent.

"What can I say? I wanna hunt meself some big 'uns!"

In short, Hazel likes to Hunt Grimm, and she'd love to hone her skills in order to hunt down bigger and badder Grimm creatures. She hopes that one day, she can confidently say she has felled something bigger, and stronger than an Ursa Major.

NPC or PC?

PC

Extra

Er, so I took alot longer than intended with this CS and I'm sorta tired, but lemme know how this thing turned out, and if I should tone down her semblance and stuffs x.x​

Last edited:
  • Love
Fuck it, let's add another character because I just got the idea a few minutes ago.

1571931-bigthumbnail.jpg

~Name~
Liliya Blednyy (translates into "faint lily")

~Legend/Folklore Motif~
Combination of "Swan Maiden" and "Snow Maiden"

~Appearance Description~
Whatever the occasion was, Liliya always made sure to wear clothing that would be suitable for skating. Due to her Semblance, she must wear a coat with the blue ribbon attached to it to control her Semblance better, since it has a special material passed down from her family bloodline. Under said coat, she usually wears a long sleeved shirt that matches the shade of light blue she wears all over.

~Biography~
Liliya is the only child in her family, and lived in a lonely cabin house with her parents. However, one day her mother dies due to falling off the cliff near their house during a stormy night. A year after that incident, her father becomes deranged due to his wife's death, and comes to think that Liliya is the reincarnation of her mother. Out of self defense, Liliya unintentionally turns herself into a swan due to her Semblance and pushes him away from her. By result, she bumps into the ribbon coat behind her on a coat rack, causing her to transform back to her normal human form. Wearing the coat around her for that purpose, Liliya would turn to see that her father had caught on fire due to her pushing him towards the candlelight by accident. The fire soon got out of control, burning the wood of the cabin, and leaving her father helpless to the raging flames. Unable to do anything else, Liliya fled the household on her own, unsure on what to do from here on.

~Weapon~
Icy Love
A pair of skates modified to where the skating blades actually extend to the back of her ankle. This enables her to make use of her skates as her primary weapon. In order to make use of skating when not around an already frozen surface, her skates can release Ice Dust to freeze up the ground that she goes to skate on and/or the surrounding radius of 15 meters (about 50 feet). When not in battle, the skates' blades retracted into the boots that she wears.

~Semblance~
Swan's Grace
Liliya can transform into a swan, but due to her inexperience, she must wear a coat with a special blue ribbon made out of swan feathers to better control her Semblance. When without this limiter, she can randomly transform into a swan and back into human form.

~Notable Attributes and Fighting Style~
Liliya has a great fear of fire due to the events that led to her father's death. Despite all of this, she still has an innocent nature, probably due to her childhood being spent at her family's cabin house.

Her fighting style is mainly based on figure skating, especially with her time being spent at the frozen lake down the hill of her former home. Having learned how to skate from her mother before she fell off the cliff, Liliya figured to make use of her figure skating in combat.

~Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress~
She wasn't sure what to do once she was on her own after her cabin home burnt down, so she figured that she would become a Huntress to learn how to fend for herself.

~NPC or PC?~
PC

~Extra~
Sav totally didn't just feed my brain with this idea after I said something about Yuri On Ice and a character who fights using figure skating.

• Love
Should be a given, since I talk to most of you on discord and told you I approve, but all of the characters so far are good to go!

Also,
*lurks around in here as she considers joining* :3
Oh no, I... I think I'm getting.... youshouldjoinyoushouldjoinyoushouldjoinjoinnow-- OH NO IT'S THE SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York