M

Midnight Maiden

-The IC-
-Discord-

So. Remnant. We've all heard of it, right? Composed of Vacuo, Atlas, Mistral, Vale, it's primary power source being that of dust, which pretty much everything nowadays can be run on. Man and Faunus alike filling the place to the brim, creating great things and working together to keep peace.

Sadly, things can't always go as planned.

Humans aren't the only inhabitants of the kingdoms, and even had they been, not all humans are good. Creatures of Grimm, the result of all things dark and creatures that feed off of negativity, share the lands with the people. By nature, not exactly the 'maker of great things' type. And humans, well... Humans get greedy. Want more than we're born with the right to have. But I suppose I'm straying from the point here.

Y'see, Vacuo, Vale, Mistral, Atlas- they aren't the only kingdoms around. Across the world of Remnant, many more kingdoms lie in wait, hidden a little better from prying eyes, but just as civilized and sharing the same goals as the kingdoms we know. Peace, tranquility, people getting along and working towards a better goal.

You might be wondering why I'm tellin' ya all of this. Well, let's just say that the heroes of this story ain't really regulars to Beacon, and they ain't about to be, after it's fall. So I figure I may as well enlighten you on where we're beginning... And where it'll hopefully end.

Let's see, first off... Ah, that's right. Terra, home to Annwn. Nice place, if ya ask me.. Aside from the discriminatory people. Warm little kingdom with seemingly kind folk, lots of vegetation, and even a few springs if ya look in the right place. Cept, this kingdom ain't really quite as quaint as it seems. Discrimination against Faunus is especially strong here, and the place is currently in a bit of a spat with, well...

Nysa. A little on the colder side, with a few mountains scattered around here and there. If you're smart, you'll remember to pack your coat and gloves if you ever find yourself headed there. This is the place you're most likely to find Faunus, and a hell of a lot of 'em, at that. Not all of 'em exactly wanna be there, but, well, if it's cold or be patronized by others, I don't necessarily blame 'em. You can take a guess why there's a war between the poor fellas and the diehards in Terra. Their academy's Aztlan.

Anyways, movin' on, next up we've got... Ah. Ashea. Probably the smallest of these guys, but definitely the nicest. Pretty tame place, with a much more pacifistic view in general than their brother and sister kingdoms. But they know how to fight when it matters, and they do have a nice academy to prove it. Eden, they call it.

Finally, Drayce, home of Zion academy. Not really the ideal place, but that's just my opinion. Lot's a crooks like to hang around here, and it's a bit dark and dreary for my taste. But hey, they get by, and the slightly high crime rate just seems to draw 'em closer. Which makes for good teamwork from the guys y'see there.

Anyways, now that ya know about the kingdoms, I guess it's your time to shine, kids.

--------

SO YEAH LOOK AT ME AND MY BASIC AF RWBY RP ATTEMPT THAT I'LL PROBABLY FAIL AT BUT I'M TOO HYPE TO CARE

So, here we go!

Rules
1. Be respectful, yo. Treat others how you want to be treated!
2. That said, keep everything in the ooc civil! If there is ever any conflict, please try to resolve it peacefully and be sure to take it to PMs. In addition, don't take out out of character feelings in the IC!
3. All Iwaku rules apply!
4. The limit for PCs per person will be two, but you are allowed to make NPCs if you'd like!
5. Obviously, no god-modding, power-gaming, etc. If you aren't sure whether your next post is god-modding or not, it's better to ask in the 'General Chat' thread before posting the reply. Better safe than sorry. ((WORKSHOP - Godmodding and Metagaming ))
6. Do your best with spelling and grammar, please. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be understandable. ((Here's an on-site guide to grammar you can read through: WORKSHOP - Grammarholics Anonymous - Your Grammar Guide! ))
7. PCs need to be somewhere from 16 to 18. Preferably 17, but it's not a big deal if they're in that age range, I'll just make teams accordingly.
8. This thread will be solely for signups and discussion of the RP. For all OOC chatter, please take it here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/out-of-character.18193/discussion
9. Finally, just have fun!

Character Sheet

Picture

Name

Legend/Folklore Motif

Appearance Description

Biography

Weapon

Semblance

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress

NPC or PC?(if you are posting an NPC, please post their CS in this thread!)

Extra

Cast List

Aelius Cedomir - Sir Gawain - @Accelerator
Alcander Wilder - Cain and Abel - @Crimson Spartan
Angus Lake - Sir Lancelot - @Ringmaster
Aqua Dakkar - The Little Mermaid - @Ringmaster
Bianca Armod - Amaterasu- @Hospes
David Amadeo - Cupid - @LuckycoolHawk9
Duke Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Duivel Jones - Davy Jones - @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Erin Valix - Loki - @TyranntX
Eshell Tyr - The Blind Ghost - @Demmy
Felix Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Franky Russo - Al Capone - @BlueFlameNikku
Hazel Sterling - The Ill-Fated Princess - @york
Kwame von Spinne - Anansi - @Yun Lee
Lilac Gwyneth Azura - The Book of Revelations; cleansing flame; paladins - @Valentyne
Liliya Blednyy - The Swan Princess/Snow Maiden - @Gummi Bunnies
Mason Moretti - Apollo and Hephaestus - @Mason Moretti
Midna Eclipse - Selene the Moon Goddess - @Hospes
Mona Creum - Sleeping Beauty - @Hospes
Samantha Guinness - Scáthach - @Indolent
Soneri Aundarya - Ishtar - @Gummi Bunnies
Windia Milkyway - Atalanta - @Accelerator

Teams
TEAL(Eshell Tyr, Midna Eclipse, Soneri Aundarya, and Angus Lake)
DARK(David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo and Kwame von Spinne)
AMTH(Amethyst)(Aelius Cedomir, Mason Moretti, Tiara Pendragon, Hazel Sterling)
TPAS(Topaz)(Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer)
STEL(Steel)(Sam Guinn, Vasili Thana, Erin Valix, Lilac Azura)
FLYM(Flame)(Felix Velos, Liliya Blednyy, Sylvester Yin, Windia Milkyway)
JSMM(Jasmine)(Duivel Jones, Joylu Sun-Shin, Mona Creum, Melonie Adeline)
GLDD(Gold)(Gilda Glaucous, Liadan Mac-Tire, Duke Velos, Aqua Dakkar)​

Last edited:
Have you come to bargain? : |
Dormammu_85a41e_6091356.jpg

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Made some edits for my characters. I added extra images for both Windia and Ael and I also changed Ael's height so it accurately reflects his appearance in his pictures more.

901cb68f187bbec24eda2533378f6cc9.jpg
1.1. Fantasy Arts - Female /character
"Fire burns, yes, but it also purifies. No sword can ever be forged without first passing through the flames. So it is for hunters; suffering tempers us, and the person that emerges on the other side of the blaze will be all the stronger for it, like a blade of folded steel."
Name: Lilac Gwyneth Azura; usually goes by Lily, will answer to Gwyn or Azura

Motif: The Book of Revelations; cleansing flame; paladins

Appearance: Lilac stands at about 170 cm, putting her almost a head taller than most girls her age. She weights about 66 kg, on the light side, but she has a fit, athletic build that's all muscle, somewhat broad shoulders, and a reasonably large chest. She's not bulky by any means, but no one would ever describe her as petite or slim; she's built like a boxer. Her caucasian skin is pale and, while absent on her face, her arms are coloured with a splash of freckles. Her hair is a deep black with a slight blue sheen to it. It falls in gentle waves past her shoulders and down the back of her neck. Her large eyes would be described as hazel, but in reality change colour in accordance with her mood and the colour of the light around her, shifting from green to grey to blue and usually containing a mix of all three. Her makeup is always immaculate, making her cheeks look even whiter, sharpening the contrast of her eyes and hair, and bringing out the soft colours of her lips.

Casually, Lilac wears white, blue, or pink button-down shirts or blouses, always coming up to her neck, and skirts or slacks in similar but always subtly contrasting colours (for example, a deep azure blouse set off by dark red pants, or a white shirt and lavender skirt). Regardless of outfit, she is never seen without a wide white lace choker that unfailingly covers her adam's apple, and a silver chain around her neck on which is strung a sword charm that lays on her breasts.

For combat, Lilac comes decked out in a retro-fitted white metal breastplate reinforced with modern techniques. It bears silver and black engravings that curl across its surface to form the shape of a heart, within which is emblazoned the proud sigil of feathered wings unfolding in flight. The armour also includes gauntlets, pauldrons, greaves, and boots of similar make. The entire armour can be embedded with dust in the various engravings (colouring the suit accordingly), allowing Lilac to alter her Semblance with any elemental power she carries in her equipment. She still wears her choker and necklace while in combat regalia, but the sword charm is carefully slipped into her undershirt and secured so that it doesn't whip about during battle.

Biography: Born as Vance Velts Azura to a pair of Ashean hunters, Lilac was raised nearly from birth to follow in their footsteps, as was his older brother Adam. However, Adam was a wild child, six years older than Vance, and even in childhood was a troublemaker and social disgrace to the Azuras. He left at fifteen to attend Zion Academy instead of Eden, which was a slap in the face to their parents, who saw Drayce as the devil's workshop on earth. Vance, they told themselves, would be different. Surely this sweet, gentle, diffident child would be pliable, willing to be shaped into the huntsman that would live up to their legacy. However, it was not long before they found out that the wide-eyed, dark haired nine year old had a soul made of steel. Soon after he was sent to Christus, a hunter school designed to give students the training to pass Eden's entrance exams, Lynn and Micheal Azura received a very distressing note from the headmaster: Their son was progressing nicely in the art of combat and making friends, and got along very well with his teachers, but had the very odd habit of introducing himself as (and insisting on being called) Lilac, and referring to himself as female, despite all attempts to correct the boy.

"Vance" received a stern scolding about his "deviance" from his parents when he returned that day, being told that he would be punished severely if he continued with what they saw as a mocking joke. That day was the first that Lilac ever defied her parents, putting her hands on her hips and frowning petulantly, looking at them with those large multicoloured eyes and firmly informing them that her name was Lilac, that they would refer to her as she and her, and that she wouldn't answer to anything else. That day was also the first time ever that Lynn struck her "son", a swift backhand that sent the sobbing child spinning to the floor. Christus was informed that the school should not tolerate Vance's behaviour, and to send him home immediately if he continued. From then on, Lilac left the house every morning with a new bruise and often a black eye or swollen lip, as she was struck every single time she insisted on her name and pronouns. Although Christus followed the Azuras' demands (rather effectively cutting the stubborn child's education short), nothing deterred Lily from her path, and even as the beatings went on, she continued her combat practice on her own.

One day when she was twelve, her brother Adam, having just graduated from Zion, returned home to visit his parents and inform them that he was going to settle permanently in Drayce. What he found, however, was a bittersweet welcome, and a miserable, abused child who ran to him as he walked in the door and threw her arms around him as she would do when they were small. Seeing Lilac's bruises, an enraged Adam demanded of Lynn and Micheal what was going on. They responded that it was discipline for the child's "ongoing delusions." After talking privately with his younger sibling, Adam initiated an eight months long legal battle that pit he and Lilac against their politically powerful, influential parents. Finally, in the end, the child's state too obvious to ignore, her brother won custody, and he took her back to Drayce with him, cutting their parents out of both of their lives forever.

Although Adam did not fully understand, he loved Lilac and supported any decision she made, providing funds from his own huntsman's salary for her clothes, makeup and even, later on, hormones. While even in the present day he sometimes stumbles and calls her Vance, he respects her identity and is always ready to throw down with anyone who would insult her. He continued her training and helped her forge her sword, the Favored Soul, before she applied to Zion at fifteen. Passing the entrance exams with flying colours, Lilac began her new life in Drayce in earnest, entering the academy passing effectively as female and with the legal paperwork her brother had arranged on her side. Although she hated the seedy culture of the country, she could not deny that the people accepted her far more there than anyone in Ashea ever did.

However, shortly after Lily turned seventeen, her brother abruptly pulled her out of Zion, citing "unhealthy influences" as his reason for the decision. He informed her that she would be attending Eden instead for her last year of training, an uncharacteristic choice for Adam, as he despised Ashea. She was distraught at first, but he consoled her by reminding her that no one in Eden had ever actually met her, and legally she was Lilac Gwyneth Azura. She would have no more trouble passing there than she had had in Zion. Still, Lily would never forget the look on her brother's face as he sent her away, wild and troubled, his bloodshot eyes tired and his red and black hair tousled and filthy. The girl has no idea what situation her older brother has landed himself in, but knowing Adam, it couldn't be good.

Weapon: Favored Soul; default form is a heavy longsword of silver and black metal. Its hilt is stylized like black wings with engravings of white fire. Inlaid down the centre of the blade, sparkling silver against silver, is the phrase "flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo" (If I cannot reach heaven, I will raise hell). The hilt ends in a small flaired pommel on which lies the tiny switch which transforms the weapon, causing the blade to separate into a multitude of segments, each of which is joined by razor wire, turning it into a disjointed whip with long reach that can slice through bone or tangle enemies. While lacking any firearm function, Favored Soul can be loaded with dust cartridges; Lilac usually uses fire dust in whip form.

Semblance: Shroud of Cain; in combat, Lilac can cause her Aura to project a soft white light that provides little actual illumination but that causes enemies that strike her to be injured as well. When an opponent strikes her physically at close range while the Shroud of Cain is active (striking her weapon doesn't count), the exact effects (to the same or equivalent body region) are reflected back on them (this doesn't reduce the damage Lilac takes in any way). For example, if Lilac was struck in the leg and fell, the opponent that struck her would also receive that blow to the leg and likely fall. Theoretically, an attack that simultaneously pierced her Aura and killed her would instantly slay her murderer, but it would have to be the same strike that cut through a weakened Aura and killed her in the same instant, so this is an unlikely situation. More likely, an opponent who broke her Aura with an attack would simply feel the rebound of that attack (possibly breaking their Aura), and further strikes would no longer suffer the effect of the Shroud.
The Shroud of Cain, while in use, reduces the durability of her Aura, causing attacks to drain it faster. Lilac usually only activates it for serious fights and one on one duels against large Grimm or opponents armed with exclusively close ranged weaponry.

Fighting Style: Lilac is fast, aggressive, and unrelenting. Her combat style relies on expert footwork, heavy strikes, and pushing a single opponent past their limit and off balance by not giving them a chance to act, only react. While using Favored Soul in sword form, she grips it with both hands and primarily uses overhead slashes that put gravity to her advantage, although the blade is capable of thrusting attacks as well. She retains her momentum as she attacks with shifts of her body weight, careful parries, and spins that keep her weapon's inertia intact even after attacking once. Against a skilled opponent with a weapon heavy enough to parry the Favored Soul, she moves back and forth, deflecting herself off of their blocks and attacks, using pirouettes and half-turns to use the energy of their own attacks against them as she hits them on the backswing.
While using Favored Soul's whip form (usually against multiple foes or when her Aura is severely reduced), Lilac keeps her enemy at the edge of its range, using wide sweeps at the legs and face to prevent them from approaching past its effective reach. If an opponent attempts to parry the whip, she twists her wrist and causes it to wrap around their weapon, then attempts to wrench it from their hand before lunging forward, transforming the weapon back to a sword even as she thrusts with it. Against hordes of Grimm, she swings her whip in half-moon shapes that can cut through multiple foes at a time, using overhanded strikes against larger creatures such as Deathstalkers, increasing the surface areas of the blows.
When using the Shroud of Cain, Lilac throws all her cards on the table and charges without any attention to defense, using Favored Soul in sword form to make quick, relentless strokes that require an opponent to either strike her to intercept her attacks (causing the Shroud to activate and reflect damage back to them) or go on the defensive and be pummeled by her weapon.

Motivation: "My legacy is my own. The sins of the father are not mine to claim."
Although her parents put her on the path to becoming a huntress, Lilac's reasons for pursuing it have nothing to do with them. She looks around at her the world and sees suffering and injustice everywhere, Grimm attacks killing more every day and Faunus living in harsh oppression that reminds her too much of her own experiences. She is determined to see the world a better place--even if she has to burn it down to do it. Fire burns, but it also purifies.

Extra: Lilac is somewhat socially awkward, always worried if she's passing well, but legitimately friendly and loyal. She forms bonds easily and always supports her friends' decisions--even the stupid ones.

PC, of course. Hope I'm not too late to the party~

Also, yeah, I saw, there's another character with Cain and Abel inspiration, but I started writing before seeing him, and besides, the motif is still significantly different.

Also also, yes, I am a transwoman myself, and yes that means there are little details in the character that help make passing easier that you'll probably never notice but still have a lot of meaning and purpose in them. And this is my first time actually playing a transwoman in an RP (I've played agender and gender-fluid before, but I usually avoid MtF trans because it hits close to home), so we'll see how crushingly awkward I am.

I'll probably write her brother as another PC or an NPC, but not at this very moment.​

Last edited by a moderator:
901cb68f187bbec24eda2533378f6cc9.jpg
1.1. Fantasy Arts - Female /character
"Fire burns, yes, but it also purifies. No sword can ever be forged without first passing through the flames. So it is for hunters; suffering tempers us, and the person that emerges on the other side of the blaze will be all the stronger for it, like a blade of folded steel."
Name: Lilac Gwyneth Azura; usually goes by Lily, will answer to Gwyn or Azura

Motif: The Book of Revelations; cleansing flame; paladins

Appearance: Lilac stands at about 170 cm, putting her almost a head taller than most girls her age. She weights about 66 kg, on the light side, but she has a fit, athletic build that's all muscle, somewhat broad shoulders, and a reasonably large chest. She's not bulky by any means, but no one would ever describe her as petite or slim; she's built like a boxer. Her caucasian skin is pale and, while absent on her face, her arms are coloured with a splash of freckles. Her hair is a deep black with a slight blue sheen to it. It falls in gentle waves past her shoulders and down the back of her neck. Her large eyes would be described as hazel, but in reality change colour in accordance with her mood and the colour of the light around her, shifting from green to grey to blue and usually containing a mix of all three. Her makeup is always immaculate, making her cheeks look even whiter, sharpening the contrast of her eyes and hair, and bringing out the soft colours of her lips.

Casually, Lilac wears white, blue, or pink button-down shirts or blouses, always coming up to her neck, and skirts or slacks in similar but always subtly contrasting colours (for example, a deep azure blouse set off by dark red pants, or a white shirt and lavender skirt). Regardless of outfit, she is never seen without a wide white lace choker that unfailingly covers her adam's apple, and a silver chain around her neck on which is strung a sword charm that lays on her breasts.

For combat, Lilac comes decked out in a retro-fitted white metal breastplate reinforced with modern techniques. It bears silver and black engravings that curl across its surface to form the shape of a heart, within which is emblazoned the proud sigil of feathered wings unfolding in flight. The armour also includes gauntlets, pauldrons, greaves, and boots of similar make. The entire armour can be embedded with dust in the various engravings (colouring the suit accordingly), allowing Lilac to alter her Semblance with any elemental power she carries in her equipment. She still wears her choker and necklace while in combat regalia, but the sword charm is carefully slipped into her undershirt and secured so that it doesn't whip about during battle.

Biography: Born as Vance Velts Azura to a pair of Ashean hunters, Lilac was raised nearly from birth to follow in their footsteps, as was his older brother Adam. However, Adam was a wild child, six years older than Vance, and even in childhood was a troublemaker and social disgrace to the Azuras. He left at fifteen to attend Zion Academy instead of Eden, which was a slap in the face to their parents, who saw Drayce as the devil's workshop on earth. Vance, they told themselves, would be different. Surely this sweet, gentle, diffident child would be pliable, willing to be shaped into the huntsman that would live up to their legacy. However, it was not long before they found out that the wide-eyed, dark haired nine year old had a soul made of steel. Soon after he was sent to Christus, a hunter school designed to give students the training to pass Eden's entrance exams, Lynn and Micheal Azura received a very distressing note from the headmaster: Their son was progressing nicely in the art of combat and making friends, and got along very well with his teachers, but had the very odd habit of introducing himself as (and insisting on being called) Lilac, and referring to himself as female, despite all attempts to correct the boy.

"Vance" received a stern scolding about his "deviance" from his parents when he returned that day, being told that he would be punished severely if he continued with what they saw as a mocking joke. That day was the first that Lilac ever defied her parents, putting her hands on her hips and frowning petulantly, looking at them with those large multicoloured eyes and firmly informing them that her name was Lilac, that they would refer to her as she and her, and that she wouldn't answer to anything else. That day was also the first time ever that Lynn struck her "son", a swift backhand that sent the sobbing child spinning to the floor. Christus was informed that the school should not tolerate Vance's behaviour, and to send him home immediately if he continued. From then on, Lilac left the house every morning with a new bruise and often a black eye or swollen lip, as she was struck every single time she insisted on her name and pronouns. Although Christus followed the Azuras' demands (rather effectively cutting the stubborn child's education short), nothing deterred Lily from her path, and even as the beatings went on, she continued her combat practice on her own.

One day when she was twelve, her brother Adam, having just graduated from Zion, returned home to visit his parents and inform them that he was going to settle permanently in Drayce. What he found, however, was a bittersweet welcome, and a miserable, abused child who ran to him as he walked in the door and threw her arms around him as she would do when they were small. Seeing Lilac's bruises, an enraged Adam demanded of Lynn and Micheal what was going on. They responded that it was discipline for the child's "ongoing delusions." After talking privately with his younger sibling, Adam initiated an eight months long legal battle that pit he and Lilac against their politically powerful, influential parents. Finally, in the end, the child's state too obvious to ignore, her brother won custody, and he took her back to Drayce with him, cutting their parents out of both of their lives forever.

Although Adam did not fully understand, he loved Lilac and supported any decision she made, providing funds from his own huntsman's salary for her clothes, makeup and even, later on, hormones. While even in the present day he sometimes stumbles and calls her Vance, he respects her identity and is always ready to throw down with anyone who would insult her. He continued her training and helped her forge her sword, the Favored Soul, before she applied to Zion at fifteen. Passing the entrance exams with flying colours, Lilac began her new life in Drayce in earnest, entering the academy passing effectively as female and with the legal paperwork her brother had arranged on her side. Although she hates the seedy culture of the country, she cannot deny that the people accepted her far more there than anyone in Ashea ever did.

Weapon: Favored Soul; default form is a heavy longsword of silver and black metal. Its hilt is stylized like black wings with engravings of white fire. Inlaid down the centre of the blade, sparkling silver against silver, is the phrase "flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo" (If I cannot reach heaven, I will raise hell). The hilt ends in a small flaired pommel on which lies the tiny switch which transforms the weapon, causing the blade to separate into a multitude of segments, each of which is joined by razor wire, turning it into a disjointed whip with long reach that can slice through bone or tangle enemies. While lacking any firearm function, Favored Soul can be loaded with dust cartridges; Lilac usually uses fire dust in whip form.

Semblance: Shroud of Cain; in combat, Lilac can cause her Aura to project a soft white light that provides little actual illumination but that causes enemies that strike her to be injured as well. When an opponent strikes her physically at close range while the Shroud of Cain is active (striking her weapon doesn't count), the exact effects (to the same or equivalent body region) are reflected back on them (this doesn't reduce the damage Lilac takes in any way). For example, if Lilac was struck in the leg and fell, the opponent that struck her would also receive that blow to the leg and likely fall. Theoretically, an attack that simultaneously pierced her Aura and killed her would instantly slay her murderer, but it would have to be the same strike that cut through a weakened Aura and killed her in the same instant, so this is an unlikely situation. More likely, an opponent who broke her Aura with an attack would simply feel the rebound of that attack (possibly breaking their Aura), and further strikes would no longer suffer the effect of the Shroud.
The Shroud of Cain, while in use, reduces the durability of her Aura, causing attacks to drain it faster. Lilac usually only activates it for serious fights and one on one duels against large Grimm or opponents armed with exclusively close ranged weaponry.

Fighting Style: Lilac is fast, aggressive, and unrelenting. Her combat style relies on expert footwork, heavy strikes, and pushing a single opponent past their limit and off balance by not giving them a chance to act, only react. While using Favored Soul in sword form, she grips it with both hands and primarily uses overhead slashes that put gravity to her advantage, although the blade is capable of thrusting attacks as well. She retains her momentum as she attacks with shifts of her body weight, careful parries, and spins that keep her weapon's inertia intact even after attacking once. Against a skilled opponent with a weapon heavy enough to parry the Favored Soul, she moves back and forth, deflecting herself off of their blocks and attacks, using pirouettes and half-turns to use the energy of their own attacks against them as she hits them on the backswing.
While using Favored Soul's whip form (usually against multiple foes or when her Aura is severely reduced), Lilac keeps her enemy at the edge of its range, using wide sweeps at the legs and face to prevent them from approaching past its effective reach. If an opponent attempts to parry the whip, she twists her wrist and causes it to wrap around their weapon, then attempts to wrench it from their hand before lunging forward, transforming the weapon back to a sword even as she thrusts with it. Against hordes of Grimm, she swings her whip in half-moon shapes that can cut through multiple foes at a time, using overhanded strikes against larger creatures such as Deathstalkers, increasing the surface areas of the blows.
When using the Shroud of Cain, Lilac throws all her cards on the table and charges without any attention to defense, using Favored Soul in sword form to make quick, relentless strokes that require an opponent to either strike her to intercept her attacks (causing the Shroud to activate and reflect damage back to them) or go on the defensive and be pummeled by her weapon.

Motivation: "My legacy is my own. The sins of the father are not mine to claim."
Although her parents put her on the path to becoming a huntress, Lilac's reasons for pursuing it have nothing to do with them. She looks around at her the world and sees suffering and injustice everywhere, Grimm attacks killing more every day and Faunus living in harsh oppression that reminds her too much of her own experiences. She is determined to see the world a better place--even if she has to burn it down to do it. Fire burns, but it also purifies.

Extra: Lilac is somewhat socially awkward, always worried if she's passing well, but legitimately friendly and loyal. She forms bonds easily and always supports her friends' decisions--even the stupid ones.

PC, of course. Hope I'm not too late to the party~

Also, yeah, I saw, there's another character with Cain and Abel inspiration, but I started writing before seeing him, and besides, the motif is still significantly different.

Also also, yes, I am a transwoman myself, and yes that means there are little details in the character that help make passing easier that you'll probably never notice but still have a lot of meaning and purpose in them. And this is my first time actually playing a transwoman in an RP (I've played agender and gender-fluid before, but I usually avoid MtF trans because it hits close to home), so we'll see how crushingly awkward I am.

I'll probably write her brother as another PC or an NPC, but not at this very moment.​
YOUR PROFILE PICTURE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH--

Ahem. Accepted!

Also, I love that you're playing a trans character.

Oh, and for those of you who didn't join the clan- here be the official teams! I'm aware that in RWBY they use first names only when setting up teams, but I did a little spin on it both for ease and fun. In addition, the cast list is now in the OP as well.

MTAL(Metal(Windia Milkyway, Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, and Liliya Blednyy)
CDDA(Cedar(Mona Creum, Duviel Jones, Duke Velos, Aqua Dakkar)
DARK(Dark(David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo, Kwame von Spinne)
SAFF(Sapphire(Shizune Shimmer, Alcander Wilder, Gainsborough Fisher, Felix Velos)
STEL(Steel(Soneri Aundarya, Eshell Tyr, Midna Eclipse, Angus Lake)
AMTH(Amethyst(Aelius Cedomir, Ming Meixiu, Vasili Thana, Hazel Sterling)
JAYE(Bluejay(Joylu Sun-Shin, Lilac Azura, Qing You Xia, Erin Valix)

• Love
Reactions: York
I read the IC and realized everyone was supposed to be going to Eden, whoops. I edited my character to specify her age (17), and added another paragraph to her biography explaining her transfer from Zion to Eden, and also hinting a little at what her brother's backstory/situation is like. I plan to post tonight, and will have a character profile for Adam "Mr. Crimson" Reed in a few days at most~

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Wait, where's the IC thread?
The link is in the top of the OP. ^^

But, that said, I just updated! Here's the link.

OPEN SIGNUPS - RWBY: When Darkness Descends(IC)
@Accelerator @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @FrozenOcelot[/USER [USER=17155]@Ringmaster @C.T. @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @TyranntX @Demmy @QuakeUPSB @BlueFlameNikku @york @True Ending Eliza @Yun Lee @Valentyne @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer

A note: I didn't specify partners, though teams are planned out. You can discuss here if you want to make partner plans with one of the people in your accorded group. Or, of course, you could wing it.

In addition, to those who created NPCs, those aren't going to be covered until the next update, so please only post with your PCs for now![/USER]​

@BlueFlameNikku or @Yun Lee do either of you want to be David's partner? ( Mostly because I have Rped with both of you in other Rps)

@LuckycoolHawk9

My vote in the sense of partners of our team comp goes to David being with Kwame and Franky being with Aria. But that's my vote. But we should see what @Yun Lee & @FrozenOcelot have in regards to their say.

Edit: I also find it quite numerous and wonderful that our team name is "DARK" and that our starting point is too calm so is probably bullshit horrible. XP