Last edited:
Sure, years of combat could leave a man with an impressive set of skills. Experience was the first identifier of a reliable soldier.

As such, experience was telling him that there was more to this operation that meets the eye.

There was always more. Where HYDRA was involved, something was bound to be lingering beneath the surface, just waiting to ruin the day with some half-assed plan for world domination. With HYDRA came SHIELD, and with SHIELD... a lot of unnecessary hassle for Logan.

Truly, he liked the Captain. Good soldier, good man, with a determination to match his own. All admirable qualities. Logan trusted him, for what it was worth. SHIELD was suspect to scrutiny every time it came to mind, and what good organization would ask for his help when all he'd ever been was suspicious? Regardless, it wasn't them who'd asked him to handle this little problem. It'd been Steve, and Logan would be damned if he let the man jump into the fray without a little backup.

There was a very quiet, faint grunt of approval directed at Wanda. Keeping an eye on her wouldn't be too difficult so long as she paid attention.

The first half of the operation went smoothly. HYDRA agents fell quickly to a surprisingly at-ease Logan-- a snip to the collar bone here, a cracked skull there, a segmented rifle and a forefinger he had most definitely intended to remove. Leather and the light fabric of their uniforms were hardly the type of protection one would need against razor-sharp adamantium, but all the better for him. He silenced their panicking with a good knock to the head.

A stage with lingering soldiers was just up ahead. Bottleneck, wasn't that what Cap' had said? Logan searched the immediate area for Wanda, then waved her over when he caught sight of her.

Once Fandral activated his armor Sue felt a little more comfortable with letting her shield down around the group. Somehow she felt that though the assault team was well armed that they weren't going to be a match for this group. One thing troubled Sue though, and that was what was this assault team doing this for? None of them seemed like the "Friday Night" fun club of let's go get drunk and shoot things up. No, this crew was well armed and they were organized but clearly no match for this group. He looked over at him and said, "I'll be fine. I've faced way worse than this. These guys aren't even worth 'D' team status." Sue concentrated and caused her shield to constrict around her leaving just enough space around her so she could breathe and move around. It was almost like a second skin. All that was required was for her to concentrate and that was it. The minute she let her concentration go Sue had the feeling she wouldn't live long enough to regret it. A bullet in the head would be a not so subtle reminder.

Just before she turned visible Sue could tell that the young girl was staring right at her. She obviously was excellent tracker who had honed senses. Whether it was hearing so she heard Sue's heartbeat, eyes that were able see body-heat, or able to smell her scent it didn't matter. Not to mention the claws coming out didn't give her a warm fuzzy feeling. Sue had a feeling that this young lady knew how to use her claws.

Sue knew the Detective Ronald nearby from work although he didn't know Sue, because he knew her as Jackie Griffin. If Sue wearing the wig and contacts it would be a different story. However, Sue knew that at some point he might put two and two together. That was another issue for another time though at the moment Sue was content with getting of the situation without any extra holes the size of a bullet inside of her.

Captain Obnoxious overkill made Sue want to roll her eyes. One for the RPG shot, and two the squeeing over her reminded her of not so pleasant days gone by. With his smart alleck attitude Sue couldn't tell if he was just joking around, or worse he was being serious. Just then she couldn't believe it this guy was getting shot at and the bullets had no effect on him. By all rights he should be a sack of meat on the ground by now, but he kept moving forward like he was walking through a summer rain.

Sue noticed one of them fading off into the back ground. She could tell by the look in his eyes he wasn't one to be trifled with and he had an RPG. Sue knew one well placed shot and it didn't matter who had what power or skill there would be some serious damage to them. Not fatal for some of them, but it could weaken them significantly. Her force field would protect her from the heat and shrapnel, but the concussive force would be devastating. Sue shook her head and the guy merely gave a smile as he began to back peddle. Without even thinking twice Sue was in a sprint after him down an alley. She made it down the middle of the alley and saw him climbing up a fire escape. She shook her head again and said, "Really?" Sue used her Force Field projection and pinned the would be shooter against the wall and began to slide him downward. He was clearly shaken being held against his will and sliding slowly down the wall. Once he was eye level with Sue constructed a Force Bubble around his head and said, "I am allowing you to breathe through this for the moment, but I am not above cutting off your air supply." Which she did for a few seconds and the shooter was gripping his own throat struggling for air. Sue allowed air back in and she said, "Now, we're going to reenact Walt Disney's classic 'Aladdin' and you are going to grant me three wishes. Actually you'll answer me three questions but I think you get the idea. First, you will tell me who is leading this assault team? Second, why are you attacking this area? And for my last wish, you will tell me who sent you all? " Sue figured cut off the head of the snake and the body dies.

Interactions/Mentioned
@Gands
@Dunruffle
@Camleen
@Furasian
@The Wanderer

The young lady Steve jumped next to clearly wasn't into conversation as she battled on. Steve knew people like that throughout his time in combat, and it didn't bother him. As long as they did the job when the bullets were flying and they were on the same side Steve was all right with that.

The number of Hydra troops were decreasing meaning that his team were more than holding their own. For a first op things were going well for them, and that would help build their confidence going forward. However, something troubled him as well. While these soldiers were formidable clearly they were Hydra's B squad. They weren't the heavy hitters Steve's gut was telling him that in no uncertain terms. Which of course meant that the worst was yet to come, and that usually involved someone with the bright idea of taking over the world or destroying it.

Steve saw that there were several injured people scattered throughout the room. He saw a bar that almost ran the length of the room he activated his com-link and said to Lincoln "I'm going to try and get the wounded behind that bar. Cover me!" With that Steve began carrying and hustling people along the way to behind the bar. He saw another young man carrying a medical bag and whistled towards him hoping to get his attention. Once Steve saw he had it he made his way over to him and he said, "Steve Rogers. I can see that you're in the medical profession. I don't care if you're an EMT, Nurse, or Doctor we got people who need help lined up behind the bar and you're the guy to do it." Steve gave a nod and ushered him over to the bar. He got him there and he contacted Lincoln again and said, "Keep an eye on this guy. He's a our med support and Hydra won't care if they hurt him or not. We'll concentrate on keeping the little leaguers here occupied."

Steve pressed his com-link so everyone heard him and said, "Everyone begin converging on my signal. I think we got things going our way. Let's take it to 'em!"

Interactions:
@Dipper
@Gands
@LuckycoolHawk9
@The Wanderer
@Angelic Fusion

Fandral the Dashing

Fandral watched Sue proclaim herself alright and with confidence. Hmmnn, why was he worried again ? He finally noticed the group around the single car and the young woman, or girl that he had noticed earlier. Indeed, covered in blood, and not her own he thought. There was a masked man in a hat, and of course... Wade running off to shoot things. For all of his antics, Wade was a powerful warrior. The young girl trotted off, reminding him of some sort of panther. Definitely dangerous.

He couldn't help watching Sue run off, in admiration of her courage... and her backside.
He turned to the remaining people and introduced himself.

"Greetings folks, I am Fandral, most recently of New Mexico. (( he smiles widely )) I came with Wade (( points )) but we haven't known each other long. If you (( looking at the policeman ) believe there will be more trouble, I've always believed in taking the offense is the best defense policy. I've run into a group of fellows I mostly scared off, over a dozen who spoke Spanish and didn't think much of me for some reason. (( He shrugs )) There was a second group over close to where Susan was standing, I'm afraid I was upset with them (( he frowns here )). At any rate, I shall away and take my strength to the enemy. "

He gives them all a sword salute.

upload_2017-5-12_20-58-58.png

@Furasian @Camleen @The Wanderer @MST3K 4ever @Dunruffle

Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch

Wanda couldn't help thinking that so far she'd been pretty lucky. Most of her foes had not been expecting her to come trailing along so far behind Logan. Uncle Logan can be pretty scary. Just the same outside of a bullet hole in her skirt things had gone extraordinarily well. But, she could expect grief about it probably from both Logan and Pietro.

Now, the present. She had made it to the center of things. Logan had just waved her over and she of course quickly and quietly jogged over. She quickly mentally pegged all of her teammates so she could keep track of them the way the professor had taught her.

(( over the radio link ))" If necessary Captain, I can create telekinetic shields to keep the wounded and remaining civilians safe if you think that necessary. Frankly this seems too much like a test to me. "

She thought about reading into a foe's mind, but she didn't think any of these would know too much in the way of advanced plans. Still , she looked around the room thoroughly for anything odd.

She activated her own personal shields, just in case.

@MST3K 4ever @Dipper @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @The Wanderer

And like that the others surrounding the officer were quick to act with the information given to them whether it be their observations or his additive of potential danger. The general scene was becoming safer, so to speak, allowing Ronald to survey the area around him. Even with his serious 'tactical' demeanor, it was obvious that officer Baker was pretty shaken over his recent near death experience that would have been assured if the previous intervention didn't occur. He was scared, who wouldn't be? There was still something driving him to hold that gun, a thought process that helped him onto his feet.

A shuddered breath escaped the man's mouth as he pressed his back against the passenger door of his car, using it as support as he drove his trembling legs into the ground, so to force himself up even though every natural instinct that told him to keep his head down. This was his duty to act, the expectations laid out for anyone in his shoes, and he did it without stumbling. Once on his feet, Ronald caught a glimpse of deadpool walking without regard for the series of bullet wounds he was sustaining. He heard of stories, but never did he expect to live long enough to see such a thing. Then there was the woman who looked rather familiar in Ronald's eyes. Before he could act upon that notion though the rpg round made contact and exploded with a deafening sound that make the officer cringe, his free left hand coming up and pressing onto his left ear as he hunched forward and tried to fight off the ringing.

While he tried to recover the officer noticed the other man approaching him, saying something that wasn't reaching Ronald at the time. Soon he got his hearing and got it rather quickly according to usual recovery standards, it was just in time to him to catch a good portion of the man's statement so he could give a informed nod as his gaze peered over the scene that surrounded his car. There was one other person, the girl that had been apart of all of this, the one who stopped the immediate threat. She was nowhere to be seen... Such a observation made Ronald want to step out from the safety of his car to look around for her, but the moment he did a round shattered the emergency lights of his police cruiser, causing the system to let out it's final yelp and cry as it died down to nothing.

That split second Ronald ducked again, but this time he caught the assailant from the corner of his eye. One of the gunmen had separated from the group to get an angle, or so Ronald thought. The shooter was lining up another shot, raising awareness that something had to be done. He didn't give the man a chance to fire another round and stepped over to line his sights with the man across the way.

Pow-Pow-Pow!

Ronald shot three times then ducked behind the engine block of his vehicle to prop his handgun on the hood of the car. Then he shot again, and again, until the man finally collapsed. When he did, Ronald stared for a brief moment, calculating the threat. The man didn't stand up after that, drawing the conclusion that he had dropped dead. Was there regret, that distress and shock that came with taking a life? Not one bit.

After engaging the gunman, Ronald looked over at the man in the mask and fedora as if trying to read him again. Then he reached into his car to grab the radio, only to find that it had been shot in the cross fire. "God dammit!" The officer exclaimed with agitation as he threw the receiver of the radio back into the car. He knew help was coming, sirens were echoing through the district, and a keen ear could hear the propellers of a helicopter in the distance.

"We gotta get you guys out of this mess before the blue wave arrives."

• Love
Reactions: Gands and Camleen
Wade was cackling like a madman as he advanced on the enemy positions. His suit was full of holes, but Wade paid it no mind. Climbing over a bullet riddled car, Wade watched as the remaining thugs began to flee. Quickly reloading his machine gun, Wade grinned. "Aww! You guys are no fun!" Aiming his weapon, Wade began mercilessly mowing down the fleeing thugs. Blood flew and bodies tumbled as Wade massacred those who tried to escape. One thug was cut in half, his top half flopping forward as the bottom half crumpled. Another thug's head exploded like a ripe watermelon, sending bits of blood and brain everywhere. Soon there were none left standing. Looking around for anymore targets, Wade shrugged and wandered back over to Ronald.

"Heya officer doughnuts! Baddies over there are all dead, now before you go thanki-." Suddenly the sound of a high caliber bullet whizzed through the air and impacted against Wade's elbow, severing his forearm in a spray of blood. Wade huffed in annoyance and examined his bloody stump. "Well fuck me, I guess not all of them are dead. Well anyways, I gotta boogie before the five-0 get here. Multiple warrants and all that. Toodles!" Picking up his severed arm, Wade ran out towards the docks. Earning several more large holes in his torso from the sniper. Jumping down into a nearby boat, Wade quickly hotwired it and sped off into the night.

Penthouse of Wilson Fisk

Present: Wilson Fisk, James Wesley.

( Wilson ) " You saw to everything ?"

((James)) "Everything has been confirmed, ZD's body has been investigated by our people in the Coroner's office. He appears to have been taken out by the asset herself".

(Wilson) "His other key people ?"

(( James )) " The ones at the docks are all dead. The few at his club met with an untimely end.. There is no one of consequence for the NYPD to question".

(Wilson) Cottonmouth ?

((James )) Unlikely to shed any tears, with the likely takeover of his rivals territory."

(Wilson) " Excellent, please see to it that our Russian friends are rewarded appropriately James".

((James)) I will include a bonus for them and the mercenary sir, of course!"

Name: Laura Kinney/X-23
Tagging: N/A

Laura would swim downriver for a good couple of miles, the blood and bits of people all over her being washed away. But then again… now the Hudson River is all over her. And that's not much better. But there is method to her 'escaping' the scene by river (even though it's not real pleasant).

The area was about to be flooded by New York's finest… both by land and air… and probably water, too. And there were powered assets at the scene of the little battle. Some of which perhaps recognized who…. No, what X-23 was. Between the police and the powered individuals, her chances of being captured/arrested went right through the roof. So she knew she had to escape while she could. She could have easily hoofed it, there aren't many in the world that could track her that way. But she knew that with the presence of powered individuals (ones that she didn't wholly know), it's possible that at least one of them could follow scents. So that's why she is escaping by route of the river, to cut off her trail scent. And by the time she emerges, her scent will be masked under the smell of the polluted river.

And so almost 2 and a half miles upriver she climbs onto shore, emerging on an empty plot of land. It mostly looks like some kind of drainage basin. Deserted for the most part as near as she can tell, so that's pretty much as good as it's going to get. She sprints onto land and heads towards some of the rundown apartment complexes she sees in the short distance. But as she moves beneath the cloak of night, her eyes drift in the general direction of the docks she had just escaped. She can see now police helicopters moving in, and some of the river patrols heading towards it. Seems she got out just in time.

apartments001.jpg

Now she focuses on the task ahead of her. Her gaze drifts towards the apartment complex she nears, taking in all of the little sounds and scents all around her. There's quite a few families here… though it looks like no one should really be living here. Slumlords can be pretty despicable. She's seen these sort of living conditions a lot in her time here in the big apple. She crouches behind some bushes on the perimeter of the complex, outside of the fence. And there she just sits silently in a low crouch, her senses taking in everything around her. People come and go… more than a few come out into the front of the property or just outside their doors to see the commotion down the river at the docks. She hears them speaking, some of them, about what they hear on the police scanners. Another gang shootout, is the first word on what happened. Some watch on their phones as the local news starts to report on it. But she hates what seems to almost be prominent on her mind…

As she watches the few people live their lives, curious about what is happening at the docks, her mind is telling her the quickest way to kill each and every one of them. How to properly execute them. But there's no need to kill any of them… not yet. And as she is scoping out the scene, she makes note of some of the younger women she spots. Specifically those that look of similar build to herself.

She has to move locations 3 times, as some of the residents of the area were wandering to close to her position. None of them even suspected she was there. Which is a good thing.

Laura's not sure what time it was when she decided it was safe to move in. Many of the residents seem to have retreated into their apartments, most of the lights are out. She kept track of one of the girls that seemed closest to her own body type… her name is Brianna, based on how her parents (she assumes they are her parents) addressed her. She keeps track of which door she retreated into, and when the lights in that particular apartment were out. She waits a half hour after that point… and she moves in.

With all the sound of shadow she sprints towards the fence of the apartment complex. She bounds upwards, her hands planting themselves on top of the fence to hurdle herself over it. But the top of the fence has subtle spikes on it, and they drive into her flesh as she moves. But she doesn't slow, the wounds healing quickly as she lands in the grass, and she moves towards the building proper. There are still a few stragglers outside of the apartments, mostly young men and women just hanging out on a warm night. But none see her, none knows she is there. Like a frelling squirrel she scampers up one of the trees at the back of the building, and she sits perched upon a thick branch, surveying the building. Ah, there's the apartment she's looking for. Second floor, 3 from the direction of the river. The one Brianna retreated into. She is now looking at the back of the building from her tree, and she sees a window. She leans down on that branch, squinting to try and make out any details through that window into the darkened room. There aren't any other buildings on this side of the apartment complex, just an open field that also serves as an apparent party spot/trash heap. So whoever is in that room doesn't bother with blinds. No one's gonna be able to see into that window. She makes out a vanity in the room, and next to it a poster… it's kind of hard to see, but she makes out some letters on it. DJ Khaled… yep, that's a girl's room. She springs from her branch, landing silently on the roof above the window. Leaning down, she peers into the window now, hanging over the edge of the building, her long hair dangling down. She sees well in the dark, and now gets a better look at the room. And the girl asleep in the bed.

She reaches down, her fingers pressing to the glass of the window. It's an old building… and these windows look like they were made around the time glass was invented. So the lock on the window just doesn't work, and she's able to slide it slowly open. She waits a moment when the window is opened, watching the figure in the bed. No movement, no reaction. She turns around there on the edge of the roof and lowers herself down, her feet finding the window's ledge. She then slides into the room, lowering herself into a crouch a moment, watching for any reaction. Nothing. As she slowly stands, she sniffs discretely at the air. There's 3 more people in this apartment… 2 in a room across the hall, and 1 downstairs watching television. No… whoever it is, they are playing a video game.

Laura stands there in the dark as the other girl slumbers peacefully. Little knick knacks… pictures taped to the wall and vanity (of Brianna and what she assumes is her friends)… posters of various artists (mostly hip-hop and R&B, and one of a jazz singer she never heard of)… a couple trophies on display for cheerleading… school books in a neat pile next to the vanity… At this moment, Laura's mind almost goes to blank. She absently moves towards that vanity now, seeing her own reflection in the mirror. She kind of stares at herself for a few moments, and then she looks towards some of the pictures adhering to the mirror. Her hand moves up, fingertips tracing the edges of the pictures. A picture of Brianna and 2 other girls at a beach… one of a small group of people that look very similar to Brianna ((her family, no doubt. 4 in the picture, 4 total in the apartment))… a boy, a very cute boy…. Laura's head tilts a little to one side as she looks a little closer at the picture of the boy. Brianna's boyfriend, she assumes.

For a brief moment, Laura gets a look at what a normal girl's life should be.

But that moment passes as she hears footsteps across the hall. She sniffs at the air once more as she silently moves to the window, closing it quickly but quietly. She then moves next to the vanity, crouching down next to it. She stares at the door as she hears the handle being turned… and a rather large man peers in. He doesn't turn the light on in the room, instead just relying on the light from the hallway. He is the man in one of the pictures… Brianna's father. Just checking on his little girl in the middle of the night. Laura stares at him from the shadows, as motionless as a statue. He then closes the door gently, and Laura doesn't move until she hears him walk back to his own room across the hall. It's then she pushes herself to her feet and decides she needs to get her mission here done. She came into this room for a specific reason, after all. Green eyes move towards the closet of the room, and she proceeds towards it. As quietly as possible she opens it… and she finds a slight smile on her lips as she sees the clothing hanging in it.

Perfect.

Some very cute tops… some skirts folded on a little table in the closet. She glances over her shoulder to Brianna as she sleeps, and she then takes a few of the outfits. Hangers and all. She'll have to remember to return here once she retrieves her gear to repay the girl. But for now… she's taking some clothes.

She gets out of the building the same way she got in, moving from the window to the roof to the tree to the ground. She is careful with the clothes she carries, not wanting to get them dirty or anything. Considering how she smells like the Hudson at the moment and all. There were lights north of where she is now… so she knows there's a town there. And that's where she will head next…

Fandral the loyal

Fandral had come to the conclusion that a rare segment of humanity simply had troll blood. This conclusion made incredible sense for Wade of course. This poor officer looked a bit in shock. He had better stay nearby in case there were any others or Wade's sniper became stubborn.

Keeping his shield between his head and the sniper, he dug out his cell phone and pressed the screen a couple of times.

"Hello? Coulson ! Good news, all the good guys are still alive. ((Pauses to listen)) Yes, a local police officer ! ((Pause)) Yes, there were others here, I will tell you when you come get me and not a moment sooner. ((Pauses )) Very well then, I will remain with the police untill you come for me, (( now repeating Coulson's words sarcastically ) I will stay out of trouble till then!"

He smiles to himself and puts the phone away.

"The best part, of having a keeper of any sort, is knowing how to best be irksome to them !"

Now, during this brief conversation, if Ronald movies, so then did Fandral until the rest of the police showed up. Fandral will not likely give up protecting the officer till then.

When the police do show up, Fandral presses the large turquoise stone on his left wrist, which removes shield, sword and armor.

@Dunruffle @Camleen @Furasian @The Wanderer @MST3K 4ever

Name: Hydra
Tagging: @Furasian, @The Wanderer, @Dipper, @MST3K 4ever, @Dunruffle, @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9
Somewhere in the North/Eastern Hemisphere of our world…
Now…

The sound of boots clacking on the metal finish floor echoes through the long hallway. The man running is dressed all in black, the uniform of one of Hydra's top officers. This man has seen much in his time, and moreso since he was convinced to join the glorious revolutionaries of Hydra. And now, he feels like it's all coming together. He comes to a stop in front of a pair of large reinforced doors, the 2 guards outside of that door eyeing the man, hefting their rifles. The officer looks left, then right to the guards as he speaks (all dialogue translated from the German).

"I have to see him. We have news… tremendous news." He says with a laugh. Those behind the doors said they didn't want to be interrupted, but the officer insists. One of the guards speaks softly into the communicator built into his helmet… and 2 minutes later the reinforced doors unlock with a loud 'clang' sound, and they unlock. The officer doesn't hesitate to push the doors open, those doors closing automatically behind him.

He enters the vast room, the far end of the room reinforced glass with a lovely view of a countryside. All along the room are little trinkets and prizes from the successes of Hydra as a whole. The Hydra banner hangs from the ceiling against the walls every few feet. The windows are framed by an elevated platform, clearly engineered so that whoever stands there against the beautiful backdrop would be above everyone else in the room. And upon that platform stands a solitary man, his hands folded behind his back as he looks out at the landscape. The officer's sprint goes to a quick walk, and then a quick stride, and then a normal gait. He stops in the middle of the room… and notices an additional man in the room with them. He wears the uniform of a Hydra scientist, one of the elite. He watches the officer from behind his glasses, scowling at him.

The officer salutes to the man with his back to him, fisted hands thrusting into the air. "Hail Hydra! Leader… I'v" He cuts off his words as the man in the purple mask turns slowly, his hand resting upon the hilt of his sword. He speaks in an unamused tone. "Officer Krenak. I had asked us not be disturbed. Do you think whatever news you have is worth losing your rank… and then your life?" Baron Zemo turns slowly, his hands once more folding behind his back as he stares at the officer. Krenak feels sweat suddenly along his forehead, his arms slowly lowering. "Leader… I felt this intelligence deserved to be relayed to you immediately. I meant n-" Once more he is cut off as Zemo raises a gloved hand. "Tell me. Is he back?" Krenak nods immediately, now standing at attention, his hands behind his back. "Captain America has been confirmed on scene at Site 7. Our comms trooper and drones independently confirm." Zemo chuckles gently, looking to his left towards a smaller door. Krenak dares glance towards the door… he had never noticed it before.

"That will be all, Officer Krenak. Back to your office. Keep us apprised." He once more thrusts his hands into the air, crying out "Hail Hydra!" Zemo nods to him, and Krenak turns and gets the hell out of there. The reinforced doors close once more, and the scientist now speaks. "So the plans we have put together finally bare fruit." Zemo nods as he looks out towards the landscape once more. The scientist speaks once more. "Forgive me, leader Zemo. I had doubts." Zemo speaks in a calm, collected manner as he stares out the windows. "Our plan… was meant to be this way. The initial 6 attacks… if Captain America was one of the initial responders, we will have known he has been working with Shield this whole time. But he didn't show, did he? And when we initiated Site 7… he was there. Shield recruited him, good Malnoff." Doctor Malnoff nods as he smiles, speaking once more. "So we go with our initial plan still. You think Captain America won't be with Shield long." Zemo takes in a deep breath, and now speaks as he looks towards the smaller wooden door to his side. "He will want to go back to whatever pleasant life he was having. But we will not allow this. With our new weapon… his fate is tied to the fate of Shield. Our agents in Shield are nearly ready. The Captain, no doubt, has once again recruited a team of 'Howling Commandos'. They will be lost without him. He has a sense of duty… both to his world and those that follow him foolishly into battle. Blindly into battle. With our new weapon... we will be victorious against all that stand in our way." Now he looks over his shoulder towards the doctor. "Contact Sigma Base. Tell them to prepare Operation Carbine." He falls silent, looking back towards the landscape. The doctor smiles widely, thrusting his arms into the air. "Hail Hydra!" And he immediately turns, heading out of the room to the communications center. Zemo speaks once the doctor leaves…

"The pieces fall into place. Captain America will be our first target. And then his Commandos. And then Shield. And after that, my friend, we will show the world the importance of our light."

"Hail Hydra."

Lincoln Campbell and Grant Ward

Lincoln looked at the Captain and nodded to see if he could find someone to heal. He hoped that he could save people. He would feel horrible if he didn't succeed. It wouldn't feel great to him. He bit back his tongue and looked for the living, the ones who needed the stitching the most. If he was okay, he might be able to revive someone close to death with some electro shock.

Grant watched Lincoln, gritting his teeth, making sure he could protect both the medic and the rest of the team.

@MST3K 4ever @Dipper @Camleen @The Wanderer @Gands

The Docks

Peter watched as more and more "odd" people show up to the party. Coarse, he'd be hypocritical if he judged them for their powers. He helped out the others by taking pot shots at their attackers. Up until the heat died down by a little, where he was about to ask the officer why exactly all of these goons were gunning for him. When he heard the sirens. Knowing that being a masked person who took the law into their hands, and armed was considered illegal in this time. It was illegal back then, but the cops were either too busy or too lazy to stop vigilantes. Well, the ones who weren't on someone's payroll.

So, what he decided to do was that he was going to tail the officer and question him at a later time. Right now though. He had scram. Lest he join the corpses on the ground or end up in jail.

Walking into the cover of a few containers. He made his way around to where the police hadn't gathered. Once he reached the street, he glanced around to check for anyone watching. Deeming it safe, he crossed the street and ducking into the alleyway. Proceeding to climb the building via a heavily rusted fire escape. He would've wall crawled, but he preferred this method.

Once on the roof, he would look down at the now far away scene of chaos and dead goons. Keeping an eye on the officer if he left the scene.

@Furasian @Camleen @Gands @AnyoneElse

As the battle appeared to be winding down Steve replied to Wanda, "Good observation Wanda. I was realizing that as well. By now usually HYDRA plays out an endgame of some kind, but in this case they aren't yet." Steve was expecting a bomb of some kind or bio-weapon to be deployed ultimately, but Wanda was right in that this was a test. HYDRA was seeing what kind of response would be in place to their attack. Clearly, they weren't expecting Cap and his teammates to show up or any other metahumans or mutants. He

The HYDRA troops were thinning out and Steve received a communication from Nick Fury. He said, "Cap you and your team need to head down to the docks right away. We got another situation it appears to be hired guns, but these guys aren't your run of the mill gun-guys they got first rate military grade weapons and there are reports of other metas with NYPD there. It looks like they have got things moving in the right direction but they could use a bit of a push to get them over the top. Besides, sounds like they might be good additions to your crew and it wouldn't surprise me if somehow, they were linked with your current situation. A SHIELD strike unit is on premises and working their way towards the ball room. Fury out."

Steve shook his head and his first thought was wondering how Fury could access his comm-link. Since SHIELD was under writing this venture Steve hated leaving a fight like this, but he not only felt he owed Fury for this but also the opportunity to marshal others to the team was too good to pass up. Steve saw the SWAT team and other SHIELD operatives arriving on the scene. He said, "All right everyone this one is under control. Cue in on my signal and let's get to the docks ASAP." He looked back at the young lady with the swords and said, "You're invited along as well."

Steve made his way to his cycle his mind began to wander a bit. One thing that always baffled Steve in his dealings with HYDRA through the years was that they always seemed to have an endless number of troops at their disposal. It wasn't like they were robots being mass produced or from what he could tell they weren't well payed either if they were payed at all. It seemed like all they had to do was be willing to follow orders blindly and shoot anyone who disagreed with them. Steve could never figure that part of the equation out with HYDRA. Hitler preyed upon the feelings of the downtrodden in Germany to rally them to his cause. Hitler then allowed HYDRA to spring up and there was no doubt that to Steve and several others in the Allied Command HYDRA was a greater threat than the Nazis ever could hope to be. The Red Skull wasn't afraid to defy orders or make examples of those under his command by killing them. Hitler ruled by seeking out those who supported him while The Red Skull ruled by fear. The one thing that they both had in common they stood in direct opposition to everything Steve Rogers held sacred to in humanity, and that meant they had to be stopped.

Hopping on his Harley Steve said, "Good work back there everyone, but it appears our night is not over yet. Let's go." He kicked started his Harley and sped off into the night to the docks.

Interactions/mentioned:
@Dipper
@Gands
@LuckycoolHawk9
@The Wanderer

@Angelic Fusion

__

Sue stared at the gunman she had pinned to the wall and said, "I am not going to ask again. Otherwise I assure you that there will be Hell to pay, and when I want to I can wield a pitchfork like no other person alive."

The gunman merely began to smile as Sue saw his jaw move ever so slightly. Sue shook her head and said, "Really? A suicide pill? Pretty pathetic." Sue released the force bubble and then turned it into a kind of prybar. She cracked open the gunman's mouth and then had the force field turn into a tube which she ran down his throat. The gunman was visibly distressed and trying to pull at the tube and Sue again shook her head and said, "Struggling only makes it worse. You see I am not only a metahuman, but I am doctor meaning I know things about the human body that you don't and I'm also a cop and you broke the law so I am about to conduct my own interrogation. Remember I can turn invisible, so not many people would believe that I'm here. Now, that tube has your suicide pill trapped inside of it, and…" Sue concentrated a bit more and said as the gunman began to squirm even more. She said, "That tube has now attached itself to the lining of your stomach. I will begin to pull the tube out and as I do it will take the lining of your stomach with it. Meaning the worse pain you've ever felt in your life…" Sue shook her head and said, "Is going to feel like a warm memory to you." Sue then shrugged her shoulders and said, "Or you can agree to tell me what I want to know and then I can loosen the tension and pull it out with no issues." Sue slowly said, "Your choice."

As a rule, this was completely out of character for Sue, but in this case people had not only shot at her, but they shot at a teenage girl as well. Not to mention this was her city where she was born and raised. It had seen moments of great joy and tremendous sorrow. Right now, the only thing standing between the city experiencing more pain and sorrow potentially were the answers this gunman had. Sue wanted answers as to why this was happening and this guy was the first step into finding out why.

Interactions:
None at this time. Sue is having "fun" with a suspect.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gands and Camleen
Earlier that day, in Hell's kitchen

At a broken down Private investigator's office.

A man with what seems to be a tall muscular companion stops just outside the office door. He specifically notes the doorknob and locks have been shot to Hades.

" Please wait here Paul"

upload_2017-5-24_21-33-52.png

He lets himself in.

He notices his quarry, a well known private investigator in this section of town, one Jessica Jones.

"Hello ? Miss Jones ? I've come to offer you some business ! "

@Camleen @Michale CS

He lets himself in.

He notices his quarry, a well known private investigator in this section of town, one Jessica Jones.

"Hello ? Miss Jones ? I've come to offer you some business ! "

Jessica-Jones.jpg

"Color me surprised. I didn't think anyone in a suit as expensive as my car would even set foot in this neighborhood, let alone my office. But I won't turn you down - yet." She set the bottle of booze she was working on aside and gestured for him to sit down, after reaching over and grabbing the discarded Five Guys bag off of the chair and tossing it in the trash can.

"Have a seat, and fill me in."

@Gands @Camleen

James Wesley, Administrator

"It's like this Miss Jones"

He sat down after brushing the seat of the guest chair off.

"The person I work for believes that current events, international terrorists will be .... doing their ugly business in New York. Since my Patron is a civic minded and patriotic soul, he would like to hire you".

He pulls out two things from a bag you didn't see him bring in. One, a thick plain envelope. The other,

upload_2017-5-24_22-1-27.png

A bottle of quite expensive whiskey.

"Two things, first you will likely be best off offering your considerable talents to others like yourself with a similar civic minded bent" (( He smiles at this )) There will be an event, late tonight. Some poor schmuck is going to be in more trouble than he can handle. But not to worry, there are already plenty of heroes in town. " (( He pulls out a slip of paper with a map printed on it and an address. )) Take my advice and try not to get too deeply involved. I do believe there will be a lot of money flying around in spent ammunitions. A lady might get herself hurt and wouldn't get us our money's worth. (( Again he smiles )). That being said, you should be able to meet heroes there."

He gently slides the bottle across the desk towards her.

"It is my patron's considered opinion that our beloved Government will have to answer the Nazi terrorists that have attacked our fair city. It is further both my and my patron's opinion that your attitude, your ... stubbornness.. Your... intelligence will make you a match and more for any government agent they have on the case. On top of which, your own unique abilities".

He then takes the envelope and opens it. There are a considerable amount of $100.00 bills in it as he shows you.

"My Patron would like you to be a considerable thorn in the side of the Nazi bastards that took down Lady Liberty. This is the only payment you'll get unless your efforts are successful, we will get you another just like it. "

" Please consider this rather a symbolic gesture on the part of my Patron, but he does consider it important, be honest with me if you'd rather take the whiskey and usher me out without agreeing to the job. "

@Camleen @Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked at that bottle of whiskey that cost as much as it did to replace the glass on her door, then back to the toadie.

Jessica picked up the bottle and set it aside, then flipped through the money. It was real, all right. "I'm surprised you didn't get mugged for the booze alone in this neighborhood."

She leaned over toward him. "This is a lot of scratch to toss at me to go... do what exactly? I don't do the hero thing. It didn't work out for me. I learned in the end that the only person I could depend on is myself. Why would I go off with the capes who have no clue what the world is really like? Because you tossed some money at me? You're going to have to be a little more specific if you want to hire me. I spy on cheating spouses, deliver subpoenas, and convince deadbeats to pay child support or alimony. I don't go around like Captain Fucking America waving a flag and punching Nazis in the face. You got something else that will convince me to work for your boss?"

Really though, she could use that money. If the toady had any more negotiation in him and she could figure some way to weasel out of joining some dumbass hero group she'd be all over that, though she kept that to herself. In either event she'd be keeping that bottle.

@Gands @Camleen

James Wesley

" Perhaps I've misunderstood your need for money and your self destructive attitude that has in the past cost you considerably. That's too bad. I had rather thought this would be a good fit for you. '

He started to reach over for the envelope.

" You can keep the whiskey Miss Jones. That was intended as a gift from my Patron anyway. "

"if you change your mind, the incident tonight isn't tied up with the Nazi's. Just something of a chance for introductions. I will be parked up front if you change your mind."

He takes the rather stuffed envelope with him as he gets up and heads for the door. He slips the envelope into a rather plain briefcase.

"Really disappointing " He mumbles to himself as he starts to leave.

@Camleen @Michale CS

He takes the rather stuffed envelope with him as he gets up and heads for the door. He slips the envelope into a rather plain briefcase.

"Really disappointing " He mumbles to himself as he starts to leave.

That money walking out the door with half a dozen unpaid bills was enough to break her. "Wait." She said grudgingly at the guy.

"I happen to have a very clear docket right now so I... suppose I could look into this for you. Trust me though, if this is some sort of setup... I will find you and shove this bottle up your ass, wide end first." She picked up the bottle and gestured to him with it.

@Camleen @Gands

James Wesley

@Camleen @Michale CS

He held back most of his smile as he turned, sitting back down at the dirty chair.

" Yes, I happen to know you could make that happen under the right circumstances. "

He took the fat large business envelope back out of his briefcase. She would notice he is wearing gloves.
He slid the envelope back across the desk at her.

" You know, this isn't quite the deal with the devil you might think of it. My Patron rather likes your style really. Personally I think this will be a good change for you. On the outskirts of the real deal, just enough to make a difference without getting all the way involved perhaps. "

This time he takes out a new manila file folder
. " These files are old Miss Jones. OSS file copies of what Hydra used to be. To be certain, they are changed. but sometimes you can gain a great deal of information by studying it's beginnings. Just a reminder, tonight's excitement is not yet the real deal. "