Last edited:
Hearing Charles Xavier's voice echo in his mind made Steve a little uncertain. He wasn't sure why it was necessary for him to do that, but he too appreciated the honest that this man showed to Steve. Steve shook hands with him and said, "Fair enough sir." Steve wanted to assure Charles that everything would be all right and that his children and Logan would be brought home safe, but Steve learned a long time ago that in every war people die. Even those closest to you could be gone in the blink of an eye. For all his great prowess and skill Steve had to accept that there were somethings that were beyond his control. Life and death were one of those things, and for that he could only do what he can and trust in God and the Angels above to do the rest.

Steve looked over to Logan and said, "Yeah we better get going you might actually admit that you're gonna miss him." Steve smirked for a moment at that. He knew Logan came off as a hard-ass and emotionally cold, but underneath that exterior was the heart of a warrior who cared more than anyone would ever know. He didn't wear his heart on his sleeve, but Logan gave a damn about those he cared for and woe be to the one who tried to hurt them. Steve had seen the compassionate side of Logan in World War II on countless occasions when he thought no one else was around. Logan had great abilities and strength but his heart was the greatest power of all. Steve nodded for a moment and said, "I'll be very disappointed if you don't own a Harley as well." He motioned towards the door and said, "I figure a road trip to New York City will do us some good. My research on the Shield laptop showed there was a lot of meta-human and mutant activity in that area. We might be able to recruit some help there."

Just as he was getting ready to leave the young lady introduced herself and her brother. Steve listened to her and he wanted to tell her to stay behind. Just then he saw something in her eye. It was the all too familiar look that a young man from Brooklyn had in World War II when all he wanted was a chance to prove himself. A serum gave him that chance and the rest was history. Steve studied that look for a bit longer and he said, "That won't be necessary Wanda. You're looking for a chance to prove yourself along with your brother. That you can make a difference. That you were destined for this." Steve nodded and continued, "All right then. You both will get your chance with us. However, you are inexperience in the ways of war and combat. For that you will need some training, and we'll provide that when we can. Be there no doubt, if you walk out that door with us you're in this until the end of the line."

Steve opened an app on his smart phone. It was a bit frustrating to him getting his fingers used to opening what he wanted. He said, "And I thought folding and unfolding maps was annoying." Finally, he pulled up the layout of an abandoned warehouse just on the outskirts of New York City. He said, "This is a Shield safe house. Everything is underneath the building. I'll contact Fury while we're on our way have him get everything online for us, and that will be our base of operations for the time being." He showed the coordinates and layout to Charles and said, "You can find us there." Looking at the other three he said, "Let's go the world isn't gonna save itself." With that Steve led the crew out the front door.

Mention/Interacted
Logan ( @Dipper)
Xavier/Pietro ( @Camleen)
Wanda ( @Gands)

Last edited:
Wanda Maximoff x-Mansion

Pietro could simply feel the exultation within his younger sister. She quickly opened the door and using her telekinetic power, picked up her backpack and slug it over her shoulder. She ran after the two older men, unceremoniously climbing onto the back of Logan's bike. She of course wasn't worried about Pietro, they could drive 20 minutes and still be a long way away. He'd be in New York by then.

She whispered " Thank you Uncle Logan, for all of your hard work with me ! "

She knew he was a craggy, get off my lawn outer shell kind of man. But she too, knew how much he cared for his adapted family, whether or not he'd ever admit such publically.

@Camleen @MST3K 4ever @Dipper @The Wanderer

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Jackie was sitting at a table with the Commissioner Pollard, Chief of Police Benson, Judge Elizabeth Ryan, and Homicide Captain Dan Holland. This was the moment that could make or break things for her, and she leaned back in her chair for a moment to gather her thoughts. The Commissioner asked, "Well Dr. Griffin? What are you going to do?" Jackie nodded and replied, "All right.." She leaned forward and picked up two blue chips and threw them in the center of the table into a sizable pile of chips an said, "I'll see your twenty, and I'll raise you..." She threw in two white chips and a red one and said, "Thirty." The sound of the chips hitting the center of the pile drew varied reactions from around the room. They ranged from whistles and stunned laughs to Judge Ryan dropping her cards and saying, "I'm out."

Pollard looked at his cards and just shook his head. He said, "I can't do it. I'm getting ready to send my last kid off to college. It's yours Griffin."

Jackie bowed her head and said, "Thank you sir." Holland asked, "Okay, who had what?"

Pollard showed his cards and said, "A pair of Aces."

Jackie showed her cards one at a time, "I had a two, a three, a four, a five and a nine." Everyone was stunned as Benson said, "Well I'll be she bluffed that whole hand." Pollard chuckled and said, "Nicely done Griffin. If you weren't the best in forensics I'd be making your life Hell for that one." Pollard nodded and said, "Very well done."

Jackie pulled the chips towards her and said, "Well like I told you all before. I learned how to play poker in college it's how I picked up my gas money." She shrugged her shoulders and said, "My boyfriend taught me how to read people and it sure beat the hell out of working in the dinning hall. By my senior year I amassed enough money I was paying for my tuition out of my poker winnings."

Holland said, "Well you are certainly one helluva a player Griffin." He looked at his watch and said, "Well I need to get going. Eight AM roll call is starting to come earlier and earlier for me." The rest of the crew said their goodbyes as well as Jackie cleaned up after the evening's festivities of the weekly Poker game.

Once everyone had left Jackie closed and locked the door of her apartment. She leaned with her back against the door and said, "It also doesn't hurt that I've been living off of a bluff for the last few years either." Jackie walked upstairs to her bedroom and cut on her bedroom lamp. Jackie took off her red-hair wig, and then immediately took off her green contact lenses. She looked up and Jackie Griffin was gone, and in her place was Sue Storm. She smiled when she saw her true self in the mirror. She said, "Hello beautiful, nice to see you again. I thought they would never leave." As much as she was enjoying being someone else, Sue longed for being herself, but that included losing a lot of the anonymity that she cherished. Sue put her wig and contact lenses in a secret compartment in her dresser and closed it.

Sue walked over to her bedroom window and looked out over the city. She said, "I do so appreciate the nightlife as well though so...." With that Sue concentrated and within seconds she saw herself fade from sight. She said, "No matter how often I do that it still is a little strange to see that happen." Sue walked down the stairs and out her back door. She closed and locked it and said, "Well this is one way I get to go out for a nice evening stroll without a wig and the lenses."

Sue then began to walk around the bustling streets of the city being careful to stay close to the wall so she didn't bump into someone. She enjoyed being able to watch the people and have it be on her terms. Upon occasion she was known to pull a prank or two on someone with her powers if she thought they deserved it, or even stop a mugging or a beating. All while safely keeping her identity safe.

Last edited:
Having gathered her things and tidying up the room she kept at the mansion she made her way outside and almost ran into one of the students. Smileing she ruffled up the boys hair "When will you be back?" The boy asked her. Betsy didn't actually know "Well, I will be back within the month. I have to go to new york city for a show. It shouldn't take to long but still, I know you all will miss me so I will try to not take to long." Elizabeth said before continuing along. Pulling her suitcase behind her she knew the people talking to the professor were still talking. Not wanting to interrupt she stretched her mind out "Professor Xavier, I am leaving for the city. I will try not to be gone long. I hope our guests are not giving you trouble." With that Betsy made her way out of the large manor and to her car.

Deciding to take the drive rather than flying she knew it would take a decent amount of time. Within three hours she was outside the city with the skyline coming into view. Music going and with the top open she felt like things were moving in a positive direction despite all the uproar. This show was about mending ties... it had mutants and high end models in it. Those that came out to show the world that they were beautiful yet different. This was what it was all about. This was what she was born to do. Getting lost in her head time passed faster than even she expected. Arriving at her hotel and soon to be host of the show she stowed her car below and made her way to the front desk.

"You are the buzz of the city Miss. I hope you are ready for tomorrow. Its going to be a blast." The front desk manager said handing her the key and smileing before a bus boy handled her belongings. Reaching her room and going inside she tipped the boy a hundred and soon found herself collapsed and sprawled out on her bed. The penthouse suite was hers most of the year and the other half it was vacant. The view from her bed was an amazing one. She could see Starks tower directly from here and thought about how he handled himself in the light he drew. But, it didn't matter, he cared little for most of the people whos names didn't contain Tony or Stark in that order.

@Camleen

• Love
Fandral

Somewhere in New York, late Friday night. / Early Saturday morning.

Fandral spent half an hour staring up at the cracked and stained ceiling before becoming frustrated. He got up and put his full gear on. Even if it was probably inappropriate, it felt really good.

He climbed up to the roof and surveyed the city that never slept. It was a grand sight, given Asgard's advantages, New York felt more alive, a younger thing, full of the piss and vinegar of a young man coming into his own, at times miserable, at times incredibly happy and fun.

The roof wasn't the place he wanted though. He wanted to practice, go through the motions of a master swordsman. He wanted to remember his inner warrior. He went back downstairs, picked up his motorcycle and carried it down the stairs. He's been two years away from home and only just now completely realized it.

He drove for a while, careful to keep track of where he was. No helmet, feeling the wind in his face. He found a big park and decided to look into finding a spot to practice. He wasn't terribly far into the park, by a bridge.

With his motorcycle nearby, he started to practice. He was well over a thousand Midgard years old. He is a master of his craft. In the environs of Asgard, no one handles the blade better than he. In this park at this time he practices, he jumps, he climbs, he practices sword katas learned in a hundred places over the many centuries of his life.

He doesn't particularly work up a sweat, but his hair is mussed at the end. He practices for an hour or two. By the time he is finished he simply feels better about things. He is after all, Fandral of Asgard.

Perhaps a would be mugger sat nearby, watching, glad he didn't interrupt and simply wandered off to consider getting a real job.

Fandral sat on the bridge for a moment, bringing out a large sandwich, they call them Hero's here... how odd. A bag of pretzels and his small flask of endless honey mead. He smiled at the stunned young man, giving him a friendly wave.

37ZWe.jpg

@Camleen @The Wanderer @MST3K 4ever @anyone near the park in the middle of the night

Xavier's School

Pietro listened intently to the conversation between Captain America and the Professor. When his sister started talking about the usefulness of the two of them. He couldn't help but smile. Which got bigger when Captain America gave the two of them a chance. "Don't worry, we won't let you down." He said, giving a small salute to the Captain.

Then, using his powers. He quickly left the study. Packing whatever he needed into a backpack. That included: A MP3 player. Headphones. Snacks. The uniform that was made for him. And some spare clothes.

He was honestly tempted to run all the way to the destination. But, then he'd have to wait for the others to arrive. And there could be some defenses that only Captain America could deactivate.

So, instead. He decided that he would just have to slow down in order to stay with the group. Which would look like a blur would be right alongside them during the trip.

@Camleen @Dipper @Gands @MST3K 4ever

Not much time at all has passed since we last checked in on everyone's favorite pimp and all around bad guy Zebra Daddy. So let's touch base with him, shall we?

The action picks up not in Zebra Daddy's personal club/homebase, it picks up a bit away from there. At one owned by a close friend and alley. The name of the club is Harlem's Paradise, a very popular spot for all sorts. All sorts. Charles Bradley and his band rock the whole of the club with something very reminiscent of the Godfather of Soul himself. It's almost hard to hear one think, but that's the point on some days.s

"I come all this way, and fam can't even see me 'imself?" Zebra Daddy's words are etched indignation, anger. "I'm sorry, sir. Mr. Stokes is predisposed. I assure you I speak on his behalf in all matters." The two men sit at a long table, the lights in the room darkened. On the table itself a few half full glasses of the hard stuff, only the best here at the club. Zebra Daddy addresses Cottonmouth's representative, though begrudgingly. "All I'm askin is for ya'll to pass the word. East 56th​… the Harmen Boys.. the Monts and Claires… anyone that wants a little fun here real soon. Zebra Daddy's puttin' t'gether a party." He says with a smirk upon his lips. Cottonmouth's representative, name of Jon Hagen, listens attentively, though without much care. "Me'n Cornell have this understandin.. I ain't outta show 'im up. Just want ya ta reach out where I can't. Fam owes me somethin', I'm callin it in. Make it fuckin happen, Hagen." Zebra Daddy says as he stands now, pulling his leather jacket around his form.

Mr. Hagen just continues to sit there, staring up at Zebra Daddy. Who gives the older man a dirty look, as i to silently challenge him. Hagen motions to him with a smile. "I would be happy to do so, Zebra Daddy. But after this, the scales are back to zero right?" Zebra Daddy smirks a little and shrugs. Hagen speaks up immediately as he stands. "I'll take that as a yes. Help yourself to whatever libations you wish on your way out, sir." Now normally that kind of attitude isn't one Zebra Daddy would take.. but he's here on business. There's literally only a handful of people in this city Zebra Daddy wouldn't smack the fuck out of.. Cornell Stokes is on that list. More than that, there is a degree of respect there. Cornell has built himself up from the ground, just as Zebra Daddy has. And he runs an empire.. just as Zebra Daddy does.

• Love
Reactions: Gands
Icarus Building
Vogue Fashion Show

Standing far in the back Betsy was acting more of a queen bee than anything at the moment. Directing movements and getting people who were having minor anxiety attacks together before they walked out onto stage. The next girl to go out was having a nervous fit as Elizabeth reacher her. "Hey, you look great. Come on, you can handle this." Betsy conceded in the woman. The woman got herself together before making her way out onto the runway. Exhaling she watched from the sides. Things were going well and the response to the models and their outfits were beyond exceptional. Putting her hand up to ear she heard someone talking on the other end of the closed circuit beade system.

Tilting her head the audience was preparing to welcome the first of the mutant models. This was the real moment, things like this weren't done often today's world. People just didn't tolerate those that were different. Watching the first mutant come out onto the stage she seemed almost as normal as could be before her wings formed behind her. The match was beautiful and some of the people seemed awed. Things progressed for nearly half an hour before a fury of movement below in the front row got her attention. A person shoved themselves through the crowd and straight into the center of the show.

The security moved to stop him but he reached his destination next to the runway as screamed "Humanity will not be put down!" before detonating himself himself. A flash of time sparked in her head as things slowed going down to a hyper vigilant mindset. Stretching her mind out she began to blink through the people's consciousnesses. Instead of reading their head she blinked through their views of the event. Finding a eye capture of a man splitting into two caught her attention. The man was wearing the same clothes as the one who had just detonated himself.

The second of clairvoyance echoed through her mind as she snapped her head to the individual. Unfortunately several men kicked... or more like blew the door inward. Several individuals in close tactical formation enter the doorway. Mind flooding with what to do she sifted through many of her options and called out to the team that came into the building. "Hey! I saw one of the-" was all she could exclaimed before the pointman of the squad pointed directly at her causing the men to raise their weapons and open fire. Rolling from where she had staggered a second device went off shaking the entire complex. Things began to fall from the ceiling as fire spread across the seat area.

She didn't need to know how many had died. She already knew the number was far greater than it should ever have been. No one should have died today. Turning her attention back to the men she was stunned enough by the sudden detonations to almost get herself killed. Watching as the men continued to fire the bullet at least to the men appeared to be hitting her and she fell to the ground. To the men she appeared to be severely wounded and on the ground. One of the men walked forward and shot her in the back of the head. The illusion stopped moving and waivered~

----------

Having moved off the stage after the first detonation Pyslocke had picked up on the men's sudden entrance and moved into the back of the show room. The second bomb had caught her off guard and watching from a nice hiding spot Psylocke pounced on the individuals. Not the type for chances nor speeches the woman silently dropped behind the men. The pointman shook his head and was perceptive enough to take in the split second waiver. "It was an illusion! Theres a mutan-" Was all the man could say as Psylock flicked her finger up disconnecting the mans knife from the belt and stabbing him in the knee.

Smirking the woman rolled back and went behind the curtains. The men once more raised their guns and turned around outwards as they formed a small circle around the illusionary body of 'Betsy'. Dropping into their middle a burst of light and the noise of her lightly touching the ground got their attention. It was reactionary time against reactionary time. She already knew their moves before they could enact them. On the other hand Psylocke could move far faster than them.

Two energy blades formed along her arms and off of them as she spun herself. The blades spun around her as she did an acrobatic move within the circle. The mercenaries all began to fall down having been mortally injured. Bodies slumping and blood pooling the man with the knife in his knee pulled his pistol and attempted to fire it. Psylocke kept her eyes focused on the man as she began to walk towards him. Gripping his body telekinetically she wasn't allow him to pull the trigger at all. The closer she got the stronger the pull was on the man before the pistol he was holding began to deconstruct in front of him. Eyes going wide the man suddenly drew another pistol and fired off three shots. Psylocke was struck by them and collapsed onto the ground.

The man began to laugh "I got the bitch! I... I got her." He said looking around at the bodies of his team members "The takes mine! Ha!" He exclaimed before a tap on the shoulder made him seize up "Oh no darling, I am afraid you've failed." Elizabeth said as she held her hand out. The man began to shake as several of his teeth moved out "I am afraid no suicide pills for you." Elizabeth cooed in a reserved rage. "Now, sleep." She said in a very cold and unforgiving voice as she knocked the man.

Ronald followed Wade with his subtle gaze as time went by, noticing the man doing a routine that was rather destructive to the peace, even in a bar setting. He couldn't believe this person was actually talking about criminal activity, knowing there had to be one or two confidential informants wanting to snag an extra buck lurking around the streets. Still, he was off duty, and approaching the man would only bring him a 180 day period with the internal affairs. So Ronald remained where he was, listening and watching from his corner while he waited for tonight's date.

After the arrival of a rather notorious gangster another man followed, one who was bald and wore a navy blue jacket that was zipped up to the collar. Even indoors the man did not take off the jacket, for it hid something that would cause more problems than solutions in a place like this; a NYPD supervisor's shield. The man stepped into the room, looking over at Ronald who in return gave the man a nod, confirming he was the one who contacted him. There was only a moment of looking around before this individual approached Ronald's table, a sigh escaping him as he slumped down in his seat.

"You pick the most strangest places to drink, Baker."

"How did the shift go, sir?" Ronald simply replied, taking a second to glance over at Wade's shenanigans before nodding towards the conversation. The bald man already had noticed and already shook his head, a frown surfacing on his face for a brief second that said 'can't do it'

"The last thing we need to do is stirr up trouble with gang unit. Look its been a hell of a day with all that has been going on and I haven't really slept all day, mind getting to the point son?"

Ronald paused, considering what to exactly say to this man. He wasn't no ordinary cop, no sergeant either. This was someone up high, someone he knew; his watch commander. He knew this was going to be a slippery slope if he didn't get to the point. "Yes sir. Was wondering if you could do me a favor. Look... There's this place I came across and its looking like a hot spot for some corner girls. Was wondering if you cou-"

"What you need Baker is a partner. Listen... You can't keep rolling solo out there, and I can't have one of my senior officers getting plastered on the headlines and my phone ringing because his stubbornness got him shot or killed." There was silence after the man had blatantly spoke his mind halfway through Ronald's request. Both of them knew what Ronald wanted to do.. More uniformed cops always hurt criminal activity. "... Fuck it. I'll do it but let me see your shield."

"My shield sir?"

"Yes your shield son. Fuck these guys sitting around us they're not looking our way.. Besides, that's why we carry guns and shit."

Ronald hesitated for a minute. He needed those uniforms and trusted the man that sat infront of him with his life. With a sigh the officer reached into his pocket and fished out the wallet that held his shield, handing it over to the supervisor who continued to hold it out to the officer.

"I will die before this precinct becomes another 75th. You are a senior officer with only three years because I knew you were a cop. You're a cop because you don't know how not to be one. If you feel that way, you're one. If you don't, you're not. You decide." Those were the last words before the man shoved the badge back to Ronald, allowing the man to take it up and stuff it in his pockets as the two stood and nodded to one another. " Be sure you arrive 30 minutes early tomorrow. You have briefing to do." With a 'yes sir' from Ronald and a farewell between the two they departed... Ronald had gotten the first part of his plan in motion, perhaps resulting in loosing his seat at one of his bars now that any wandering eyes knew he was a cop. Regardless, this was cop work, the work Ronald wanted to do.

@Dunruffle

Hudson Bay, 1 hour later

Time had passed, the transition to night was still pushing forward after Ronald had left the bar. Driving through traffic the officer had one goal in mind and that goal rested in the hotel where it all started. Soon the streets transitioned to the even less savory parts, parts where a man knew it was wise to keep his gun closer than the stranger across the streets. He was off duty, going to the shit hole without even getting paid. That wasn't the case... There was a look in the cop's eye, one that spelled determination, one that spelled trouble.

Soon he pulled over next to a parking meter, then turned off the car, waiting in the darkness of his vehicle while he sat and watched the hotel that was just ahead on his side of the road. On his lap he had taken the liberty of drawing his handgun, resting his index finger on the trigger guard while he waited should the worst happen. He was waiting for her, but more importantly... He was waiting for her client.

@Camleen

Reactions: Gands
One of the risks of staying invisible while roaming the streets was that at times Sue was so lost in her own world that she would forget she was invisible. Sue more than once would run into someone, or someone would run into her, and she would start to say something. Only to have the person look around frightened out of their minds that they couldn't see who was talking to them. Luckily for Sue she was invisible and they couldn't see the look of embarrassment on her face. There were moments she would allow herself to turn visible either in a back alley or in an area where no one else was around. She would just enjoy seeing her own reflection in the outdoors and taking in life as a normal person. Then having to suddenly turn invisible again when she heard someone coming near. Maybe Sue didn't need to hide like that in a city of a few hundred thousand, but in her former days with the team she was well known and she liked her anonymity. Tonight, was no different as she almost ran into three people and four others almost ran into Sue.

In moments of frustration like that Sue retreated to the only place that she knew of where she could be invisible and it was safe for the most part. The park was wide open and at this time of the night there weren't too many people around so chances of her getting run into or her running into someone where minimal. Not to mention, the chances to have some fun were just too good to pass up. For example, exposing a street hustler was usually a lot of fun. Drunken frat boys trying to do stupid stunts and using her force fields to keep them from hitting the ground was also kind of fun to her, but it also on more than a few occasions kept them from breaking their necks.

Sue stopped and leaned against one of the trees. She looked down and saw the dirt around the tree form an outline around her lower body and said, "Great when I reappear I get to see the dirt stains on my pink pants, tree bark on my black shirt. Well it's either that or walk around with no clothes on." She shook her head and said, "Oh how I love doing laundry." Sue started to rest her head against the tree, but then heard a young lady start to yell for help not too far away but was quickly silenced. Sue stood up and looked over and saw a man trying to wrestle down a young lady. Sue said, "Oh Hell no" and was quickly on her way.

Sue stopped just short of where they were. The man finally did get on top of her and said, "Not another word bitch!" He held down her right arm with his left hand and used his right knee to hold down her left arm as he pulled out a knife and said, "Now, take it easy and not another word. This will be over in just a minute besides who's here to help you? Not a word and you don't get hurt." Sue projected a force field that shoved his knee of off her arm. This made the man pause and look down for a moment. Sue then created an invisible construct that grabbed the young lady's arm and balled up her hand into a fist. Sue concentrated and it looked as though the young lady punched the man across the face with a right cross. It was a powerful blow and knocked the man off as she got to her feet. He laid on the ground grabbing his nose as he yelled, "Outh! You bith! You bote my noth! My noth is broken! (Ouch! You bitch! You broke my nose! My nose is broken!)" Sue allowed herself a half grin as the man got back up with blood coming from his nose. Sue said, "Now it's time to send a message to this slime ball." Sue created another construct that grabbed the young lady's right leg. She said, "Time to kick the ball through the upright." With that she concentrated and the young lady's leg drew back, and Sue released the leg which kicked the man in the groin. He dropped to his knees yowling in pain and Sue said, "I think I can take you down with one more shot." Sue drew the leg back one more time and sent another powerful kick to the man's groin. Sure enough, the man dropped to the ground and the young lady reached into her back pocket. She pulled out a smart phone and touched the screen twice. She said, "Hello 911 I'm in Central Park and I…" Just then the man struggled to his feet and was hobbling away in obvious pain. Sue walked over to the young lady and saw that her phone was dead. Sue knew she was bluffing but it was enough to drive him away. She put the phone away and she looked up to the sky, She said, "I don't know what happened, but I know you were involved somehow someway. There's no way I do all that on my own." With a tear rolling down her cheek she said, "Thank you." Sue watched her walk away and said with a smile, "You're welcome."

Letting out an exhale Sue started to walk away. Just then she noticed someone sitting on the bridge. He looked like he had just walked off an old Errol Flynn movie. She shook her head and said, "One thing is for sure this city is never in want for strangeness." She walked to the bridge and sat down next to the young man who was enjoying his meal. Sue had been on enough missions with her former team to tell when someone wasn't from this world. She knew this guy was certainly not a local. Sue decided to have some fun with him. She said, "Nice sword."

Interactions
Fandral (@Gands )

Fandral, late at night on the bridge in Central Park.

About half way through his sandwich, Fandral though he heard something but he wasn't certain. So the next bite of sandwich was intentionally quieter. There, again, he thought he heard a light footstep on the stone of the bridge. Now a drink of the mead, no chips though, chips were loud. Then the very faint scent of some sort of flower. Then the voice...

Nice Sword

Now in some ways, he was quite happy that he hadn't leapt entirely out of his skin. However he did jump a little bit. The he laughed, he certainly hadn't expected this, nor had he been made to jump even that much in many years. Yes, he laughed and when he stopped...

" Thank you my Lady ! I am called Fandral, and I am a recent visitor to your fair city. My sword is called
Fimbul-draugr. It means great maker of ghosts or something like that.. The translation isn't exact. "​

He smiled in her general direction. Her guess at his size was around 6'4" tall, with a slim but defined & wiry build.​

" It is fairly rare to find someone that I cannot see. Might I have your name ? "​

• Love
New York City

Peter put the card in his pocket. Before making his way through the ever growing crowds of New York. Now with some free time, he could work on finding out what was the cause of the attacks recently.

Eventually, Peter made it back to the apartment building he resided in. Heading straight to his room, he still had some time to kill until night would come. He spent it cleaning his revolver and making sure his 'outfit' was up to his standards. After all of that, he read a book he was meaning to finish. It was one of those books set in the past, with lots of crime and drama. His favorite. When night finally came. Peter got dressed. Slipping out of his day clothes and into his nighttime outfit. It took him a few minutes to make sure everything fit perfectly. Especially the trench coat. After that was said and done. Peter grabbed his gloves, putting them on before retrieving his mask and fedora. Putting the mask on, he made sure that the goggles were positioned so it wouldn't obscure his vision. Following suit was the fedora. He made sure it too was angled just right to where it wouldn't hinder his vision.

With his attire complete. He went over to the window, opening it and crawling out onto the wall. He made sure to close the window. Don't want anyone to get in somehow. The next few moments were pretty much calm at the moment. As he made his way through back alleys and on rooftops.

Eventually, he had made his way to a rooftop overlooking a shady club. Now having to play the waiting game. He hated having to do this, for back in the day. He could walk into the building and get the information he needed. But now, the bouncers would block him from getting in. And taking them out creates too big of a scene.

Peter didn't have to wait long, as someone exited from a side door in an alley. The individual had 'criminal' written all over them. And it would seem luck was in Peter's favor. As the individual had crossed over to his side of the street. Climbing down in the alleys. Peter made his around to cut the person off. Standing near an entrance to the alley. And the very second the person had walked into view. He quickly lunged out. Grabbing the thug by his jacket and pulling him into the alley. Slamming the man into a wall. Peter pulled out his revolver, placing it under the man's chin.

"I have some questions I need answers for. And you seem like the person who would know them......If you don't spill your guts. I will repaint this wall with your brains. Understood." A nod was given as an answer. Peter continued. "Who's responsible for the attacks? And where are they going to strike next?" He said with a threatening tone. Pressing the revolver against the thug's chin for emphasis.

"I don't know who is r-responsible...B-But, there is going to be an attack at the docks! That's all I know. I-I-I swear!" Peter couldn't help but growl in anger. "Going to have to be a bit more clear on that. Lots of docks in this city. Which one?" "The Hudson Bay Docks! Will you let me go now?" The thug said, looking into the goggles on Peter's mask. "........Yeah.....But after you take a nap." With that said. Peter hit the man in the head, knocking him out. He would've put a bullet in the criminal. But, he didn't want to waste the bullet.

Now with a destination in mind. Peter would take some time to get to the docks.

Hudson Bay Docks

Sitting atop a rooftop, where Peter could see pretty good from he was. Hopefully whatever was going to happen wouldn't take long....

@Camleen @Furasian @WhoeverElseIMissed

Name: Laura
Approx. Time: First day, evening
Tagging: @Furasian

Once more she sits up at the edge of the bed, holding the sheet around her body as she stares out the window into the darkness. She isn't staring at anything in particular.. just.. staring. Perhaps if she stares long enough she will be out there, and no longer here.

"So usual rate, honey?" The much older man says in a chipper tone, now putting his shirt back on. He grasps his wallet from his pants that are folded over one of the chairs in the dingy hotel room, and he extracts from it a sizable wad of cash. Laura just stares at him when he asks, and he didn't really expect her to answer. For a while he thought the young girl was mute, she hardly said a word. Which was fine with him, really. He didn't come here for conversation, after all. He tosses the cash on the bed, her eyes following it. Her gaze then silently drifts back to the window as she sits there, clutching the blankets a little closer.

She doesn't look away from the window when the man's cell phone rings, and he curses softly as he picks up. "Shit.. hey, get lost. I need to take this." He scowls as he looks at the phone, and without word of protest or question she pushes herself to her feet, the sheet falling to the floor. She first picks up the cash and quickly gets her clothes back on, just as he answers his phone. "Hey babe. Still at the tower. Councilman Tillis is being a real butt." He says with a chuckle, staring daggers into Laura as she glances at him, proceeding to the door. "I'll be home in an hour and a half, love. We still goin to see that movie? We should be able ta make it, yeah?" Laura steps out the door, closing it quietly behind her.

She proceeds down the steps, walking passed the other 'employees' of Zebra Daddy, looking towards none of them. But they all stare at her as she passes. The creepy kid, they all call her. There is also some resentment there. She has become Zebra Daddy's favorite in a very short amount of time. Of course they don't like that, or her.

She steps out of the front of the hotel, glancing left to right. Out of habit she sniffs faintly at the air, her arms wrapped loosely around her midsection. A familiar scent in the air.. she shakes her head a little and moves more towards the side of the building, her eyes cast down. At the corner of the building she just stops then, leaning absently on the wall. This is the extraction point, and she'll wait until she is picked up. That's the last part of the mission, after all. The last part of her orders.

And as for the client, he steps out a few minutes later, a wide smile upon his lips. A smile liken to the one a cat will give you just after it ate your bird. He straightens his tie as he proceeds up the street, humming to himself as he heads for his car.

It felt like it had been a long time since anyone talked to her directly. In the last couple of years, it had been everyone talking to Jackie. Sue was off the grid and there was no way she was ever going back to her former team. Rumor had it that Reed and Medusa were now engaged even so there was no reason to ever go back. Her brother embraced his powers and thus put Sue on the outs with him, and though Sue loved her brother he had a nasty habit of taking things too far. In this case, he was going to use his powers to get what he could for himself and if he managed to help some people along the way "Hey bonus!" As he would say, but now here was someone talking to her. Granted he couldn't see her, but still it was a start.

Sue couldn't help herself as she was charmed by Fandral. She smiled and said, "Just call me…" at first, she started to say Jackie but Sue felt that this one should be all hers. Besides the chances of the two of them seeing one another again in a city of millions was at best remote. Sue replied, "The name is Sue. I'm from around here born and raised. I'm guessing you and Fimbul-draugr aren't local boys. By that I mean not even this planet." Sue looked over at his chips and said, "I would ask if I could have one, but in my current state it would disappear and then reappear showing the entire digestive process." Shaking her head Sue said, "Trust me it's not a pretty picture. It's one of the reasons I gave up smoking a few years back too."

Sue repositioned herself on the bridge wall so that she was now laying on her stomach. She said, "Okay your turn. Where are you from? And if you say some small European country I've never heard of I can assure you I'll know it."

Interactions/ Mentions
@Gands

Last edited:
Grant Ward: SHIELD Warehouse

Grant Ward hadn't expected to get this job. It was not something that he had expected Nick Fury to assign him. A liason between SHIELD and a new team that Captain America was going to establish full of superheroes. Ward had expected someone like ultimate fanboy, Phil Coulson. He would be excited to have this job and he had dealt with people like this. Heck, Melinda May had more experience than him when it came to this area. She was a master combatant who could probably hold her own against the Captain if she had to face him.

Ward was just Shield's weapon expert. He knew most of the weapons and he was a sharp shooter. He doubted that his skills were going to help. He had never even killed anyone. He was always the one out of sight, out of mind. He hoped that Captain and whoever he was bringing would arrive already. He could already tell that this was going to be one of these days. " God, it has already been a few hours. I really hate New York traffic, but I hope it isn't delaying him." He sat down a chair and did the only thing, he could do for now. Wait.

@MST3K 4ever

Lincoln Campbell: Lower Manhattan/ Icarus Building

Lincoln Campbell was used to being on the run. He was used to going undercover and being on his own. It had become a habit for the man over the course of his life. First, it was running from the other Inhumans, then SHIELD. Now, he was working for them, but he had managed to find some good old New York trouble when he helped someone and made someone else angry. Thankfully, he had finally lost them and took a deep breath. " I don't think this day could possibly get any worse."

Karma loved pulling the inhuman wrong, as he heard an explosion off in the distance. He knew that he shouldn't- but he went to investigate the building. It seemed to have come from the Icarus building and as he entered, he saw the damage. There was a ton of rubble and a lot of injured people. As a doctor, he couldn't leave anyone behind. " And it just got worse. Hello, karma, it has been a while." He went to help anyone who was injured and that he could stitch up. Hopefully, he wouldn't find a corpse.

@Angelic Fusion

Under other circumstances Steve would've enjoyed every second of the ride from Xavier's school. However, he knew HYDRA would strike again soon and at the end of the line was a SHIELD auxiliary base so in this case Steve was more focused on the destination rather than the wind in his hair. Upon arriving at the auxiliary base Steve looked around. Only a handful of people knew that this base existed Nick Fury and the team that brought him out of the ice. This was where Cap was defrosted and given medical attention until he was moved to the location in New York City. He read this on his dossier that Fury gave him to help explain what had happened. It was the perfect hiding spot because there was no way that anyone could make a move on them without being seen from at least a mile away. He looked at those with him and said, "All right let's go. Once we get inside claim a spot in the bunk areas. It's co-ed so don't look for a men or women's area we don't have the time or luxury for that. Then meet up in the main computer section for a very brief once over."

Steve walked into what appeared to be a fuse box in a shed. He opened the door to the box and flicked the switches 19 and 41. A voice said, "Identify for vocal authorization." Steve replied, "With liberty and justice for all." The box slid away and revealed a glowing panel. Steve placed his hand on the panel briefly and the wall moved ever so slightly to reveal a stair case. Steve looked back at his group and said, "Watch your step." Steve made his way swiftly down the stairs and entered the main computer.

Looking around the computers we're already up and running and he saw a young man sitting and waiting. Steve was given the information on Agent Grant Ward while en-route by Fury. Steve crossed over to Ward and said, "Agent Ward, Steve Rogers." The two men shook hands and he said, "Welcome to the team. I know your official title is liaison to SHIELD, but your file doesn't speak of someone who is the liaison type. You're an agent first and a damn good shot according to Fury." Nodding Steve said, "Coming from Fury that's high praise. I need you to realize something right now. Just because you don't have any powers that doesn't mean you don't have something to contribute to this team. You can make the shots none of us can. I can handle a fire arm, but…" he shook his head briefly and said, "It's not my style anymore none of us can make the shots you can at 500 yards. Heck, we can't even make them at 10 yards." He looked over at Logan and said, "It's certainly not his style." He smirked and then stopped smirking as he put his hand on Ward's shoulder and said, "We all bring something different to this team it doesn't matter what that something is, but it's something only that person can bring." Steve gave a brief nod and said, "Welcome to the team." Steve walked to main computer pressed two keys on the main computer and said to the others gathered there, "Each of you enter in your name, a four-digit code, and a sentence for voice recognition."

Steve looked over to what was supposed to be the command office and saw a crate labeled, "For S. Rogers." Steve walked into the office and opened the crate. In it was his uniform with the shield. Steve pulled out the shield and slipped it onto his arm. He smiled and said, "Feels like I never was without it." Just then several alarms went off Steve walked back into the control room and saw that there was another HYDRA attack. This time it was the Icarus Building. Steve shook his head and went back to the office. He didn't even worry about closing the door as he slipped out of his civilian clothes and into the uniform that made him a symbol of the American fighting spirit in World War 2. Steve then closed the door and then knocked it off its hinges. He said, "We might be underwritten by SHIELD but one thing we don't have that SHIELD has is secrets. That is my command office however that is open to all. The only way we will win the day is through teamwork. All of us together on the same page at the same time. No hidden agendas! We do not keep secrets from one another here. You got something to say then say it! I'm in charge in that I make the final call on a decision, so if something goes wrong I'm the one who answers for it. Otherwise, team work is the hallmark of this team. That and the end of HYDRA in our lifetime." He looked around and said, "All right that's it for the pep-talk. Everyone mount up. HYDRA is already launching an attack! Take no prisoners! I'm guessing whoever is leading their attack will be coming for me when we arrive. I'll deal with them personally." He looked at Wanda and said, "Stick close to Logan." He looked around and said, "That's it for now! MOVE OUT!"

With that Steve bolted up the stairs, mounted his shield to the front of his Harley, and took off to the Icarus Building.
Interactions/Mentions:
@Gands (Wanda)
@Angelic Fusion (On Site at the Icarus Building...we are on our way there)
@LuckycoolHawk9 (Agent Ward)
@Dipper (Logan)

Last edited:
Time had passed, seconds turning into minutes, minutes turning into an hour. In all of that, there wasn't a single second where Ronald broke his gaze away from the hotel ahead, his left hand resting on the steering wheel while his right hand kept his service weapon on his lap out of plain sight. Eventually the waiting paid off and something finally emerged from the hotel that caught the officer's attention. It was the girl from before, the one who became the focus point of this new street war that was about to no longer be a mere stand off. He didn't get out just yet and remained where he was until the real target stepped out from the building; the happy client that walked as if he were invisible to the streets that he walked on.

That was the time for Ronald to act. After tucking his weapon away in his waistband with his jacket pulled over the gun the off-duty cop opened the door of his car and emerged from the vehicle, his gaze shifting over towards the girl nearby for a brief moment as he closed in on the client that was heading for his car. It wasn't long before Ronald caught up to the happy fellow, that was where the man's day quickly lost its spark from his recent transaction in the hotel. Before the man could turn upon hearing Ronald's movement the cop grabbed the man by the back of his shirt and pushed him against the door of his car.

"H-hey get off of m-!"

"Shut up asshole." The order was easily followed, giving Ronald the silence he needed to say what he wanted to say. "Ronald Baker, you hear me? Ronald baker motherfucker. You remember that name and tell whoever sets this up that some lines are not to be crossed while I am around. You let them know they got until the weekend to end this."

"Okay okay!" The man quickly answered, the magic words that got him released but with a good open palm strike to the side of the vehicle right next to his head. The message would spread, but words would only work if an action backed it up, an action which would be meant for tomorrow. Ronald did the deed and turned away to walk back to his car. He watched everything at this point, watching the few eyes that were on him, but once he got to the safety of his car all he had to do was drive home, and wait for tomorrow's shift.

((Forgot to tag @Camleen ))

Name: Laura
Approx. Time: First day, evening
Tagging: @Furasian

The girl remains standing there against the wall, waiting for extraction. As she has been ordered to do. And she has to follow Zebra Daddy's orders. He is her commander now. She doesn't even move when she sees the dead man walking named Ronald Baker. She only glances in his direction, taking care to not make it seem like she really cares he's there, or what he's doing. She hasn't been ordered to interact with him, quite the contrary. She has been told to keep her distance from anyone that isn't one of Zebra Daddy's associates, 'employees' or clients.

And Ronald gets a lot of looks when he manhandles the client, and a lot of people think the same as young Laura. He just signed his own death warrant. Especially given the atmosphere of this neighborhood in the passed few days. And that culminated with the Hydra attacks.

But when Ronald leaves… that client is abruptly approached by another. Laura's eyes discretely follow Ronald's car as he pulls away… and her arm is grabbed by the large man moving to her client. She stumbles to keep pace, her eyes cast down. The man grabs the client by his collar, and instructs them both to get into the Chrysler 300 that pulls up to the curb..

That night.. Ronald's phone would ring…
On the other end of the line is a blocked number. Ronald doesn't have to say anything, the man just starts talking. His tone is one of panic, of distress. Ronald would recognize it as the man he had threatened earlier.

"Of—officer.. Ronald Baker.. please listen.. please.. I'm the one you warned today in Hudson Bay. Please I'm begging you.. don't tell anyone I was here. I'm a councilman for this district.. I have a wife and a kid.. please don't tell them.. Listen.. listen.. I'm in pretty good with the big guy here.. his name's Zebra Daddy.. and he's.. he's gonna make some big push at the docks.. tomorrow I think.. I think.. He and all his goons have been talkin about it.. and they trust me.. Something about major goods coming in from Madripoor.. I got the impression it's slave trading… I'm telling you this so you won't tell my family about my.. rendezvous.. with that girl.. sir I don't even know her name.. Zebra Daddy controls everything down here.. please be careful.. he knows your name..
Please don't tell my wife and son.. please…"

And then just as abruptly as the call started, the line disconnects.

Harlem's Paradise
Zebra Daddy and representatives of 6 other 'organizations' sit at the long conference table in the upper levels of the club. Zebra Daddy's voice comes across as calmed, stern. "Call's in, gentlemen. And lady. Hudson Bay Docks is the place.. reasserting our fucking dominance is the game. A hero wants me ta shut things down in my neighborhood." He suddenly gets a loud, angry tone "MY FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD!" and then, the anger is just as suddenly gone as he continues. "My crew'll be there in costume.. the rest of ya'll keep ya distance till ya get the word. Then come in and have fun. Officer fucking hero Baker'll be there. I guarantee. An he'll prolly bring all his pals. None of 'em are gonna walk out. Be a good lesson to any other heroes." As one they all chuckle, the excitement rising in the air..

Fandral of Asgard In Central Park, late at night

" My lady Sue, I am afraid to say, your first instinct is correct. My lands are called Asgard, and they are a great many light years from here as your scientists measure these things. We are capable of intersteller travel we Asgardians.

A couple of your years back, my friend and Crown Prince was banished here for punishment. He was stripped of his title and powers. In the meantime, his adapted brother tried to have him killed with me and our friends included. We managed to survive the attempt. My Prince and our friends returned to Asgard to confront his brother In the meantime I drew the odd straw and was left behind to keep the people who had helped my prince safe from his brother's wrath. I made a vow to my Prince Sue, to protect the people of Midgard... your earth. "

He takes a few moments to eat a few more bites of sandwich and drink.

" So, I have been living in a small town in New Mexico for a couple of years now, watching over My Prince's earth friends until these Hydra fiends reared their heads. So, I have come to New York to meet Shield's new team leader."

"That reminds me, I do believe I have read about the incomparable Susan Storm and her team, the Fantastic Four. I saw a photo, a rare beauty this woman. Can you tell me about her ?

Hell's Kitchen, shortly after the meeting at the Harlem's Paradise.

MV5BODEyYzA3MTgtOTk2My00NDViLWEwZmYtYTBmOGZlZDBlMjFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg2MTMyNTM@._V1_.jpg

" Yes sir, they are calling an all hands, at least Zebra is at the Hudson Dock area. Yes Sir, I'll see to it Sir. It's a good opportunity Sir, nothing else we will film and have good leverage for later, best case a rival or two is eliminated.