Past the Point of No Return saberwolf || Sailor Moon

"Thank you, Majesty." Illyana paused for a moment as she walked past Princess Dahlia, but only for a moment before exiting the hedge maze. The knight wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do for the rest of her day, but she knew she needed to get away from the castle, even for a little while. So she made her way back to her chambers and packed a small bag, grabbing her sword as she exited again. As she was descending the stairs, she saw William standing in the foyer.

"Sir William, Her Majesty is out in the hedge maze." Illyana mentioned as she walked towards the castle doors. The man turned and bowed his head as she passed.

"Lady Artania," William walked towards her and furrowed his brow when he noticed the knapsack over her shoulder. "Are you headed somewhere, milady?"

"I'm just going to stay in Lucilla for the night." The knight pushed the door open and looked over her shoulder. "I'll be at one of the inns in case you need me."

"But, Lady Illyana," William took a couple steps towards her and frowned. "Is everything all right? It's just...you've never asked for time off before and now you're leaving the castle grounds." Illyana paused for a moment before turning and offered a calm smile to her fellow knight.

"It's nothing for you to worry yourself about, William." Illyana reassured before she waved and exited the castle. She made her way towards the stables and ignored the stable boy as she walked to Nocte's stall, grabbing his bridle before tacking him up. She wasn't really in the mood to speak with anyone, even William.

It didn't take long to get Nocte saddled and Illyana led him out of the barn before mounting him, buckling her sword to her saddle. She gently dug her heels into the horse's sides and he loped off down the road. The sun was still shining and it felt good on her face as she let Nocte set his own pace and kept him on the main road to Lucilla. The path was fairly uneventful, only seeing the random herd of deer and a few workers in their fields, harvesting what they could before the fall brought colder temperatures.

Illyana sighed as she thought about Dahlia, again. It was starting to even irritate her when the princess's face would flash into her mind. At least she wasn't feeling any strange feelings after she had put some distance between herself and Dahlia. It had been a long time since Illyana had actually gone somewhere when she'd had time off, though the City of Lucilla wasn't exactly too far from the castle. Either way, she would get away from the castle and away from the princess. As the clock tower of the city came into view, she slowed Nocte and inhaled deeply.

The next thing heard was a faint whistling and a heavy pressure in her right shoulder before she fell to the ground. Illyana was a bit disoriented as she looked up and saw Nocte rear up before turning, galloping off back towards the castle, along with her sword. The knight groaned as she looked and saw a crossbow bolt embedded in her shoulder. She struggled to hold herself up on her left arm before she heard a rush of footsteps coming towards her.

"Hello, old friend."

Illyana looked up to see a man with black hair and a matching mustache and short beard. Her eyes widened when she noticed the different colored eyes, the same man that she had seen by the lake the other day. He smiled widely at her before wrapping something around her eyes and she was forced to her feet.

"Sorry about the rough treatment," The man spoke again and Illyana could hear the amusement in his voice. "But we need to get you off the road and of course you can't see where we're headed. So do me a favor and cooperate, won't you?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: envogue
Sir William swiftly made his way down the hall, in the opposite direction that Lady Illyana had gone. If Princess Dahlia was still hanging around in the gardens he wanted to catch her before she had the chance to escape. He walked as fast he could. When he reached the entrance to the hedge maze he stopped, glanced around and listened for any signs of life.

"Princess Dahlia? Are you in there?" Sir William called out. There was no reply, and he wasn't going to wander deeper into the maze. He had never explored the mazes and getting lost was out of the question. "Guess not."

Sir William knew that the princess couldn't have gotten far, though she was a lot sneakier than anyone gave her credit for. Frowning, Sir William crossed his arms and started towards the stables. If Lumina was still in her pen then that would only mean that Princess Dahlia was still wandering the castle grounds. He walked quickly, weaving through the gardens for a short cut to the stables. As he stepped out into the opening he caught sight of Lumina, and a certain blonde ushering the white mare out of it's pen.

"Princess Dahlia!" Sir William yelled across the stables, effectively startling the princess. He waved his hand in the air briefly to signal his presence to the young woman, then began to march across the gap between the gardens and stables. As he was walking, Lumina stood up on her hind legs and neighed loudly. Sir William looked around worriedly, his hand going to the hilt of his sword as he heard something approaching from behind them. It must have been what set Lumina off.

Sir William turned to see Nocte rushing towards them without his master. "Woah! Steady now, Nocte!" Sir William was prepared to handle Nocte if he needed to, but Nocte skidded to a stop in front of Sir William. He noted that Illyana's sword was still attached to the Nocte's saddle, which likely meant that the Knight Commander must have been in some sort of trouble. Sir William scanned the area for the stable boy, who was usually lingering by.

Sir William power walked towards the stable boy. He put a firm hand on his shoulder, and looked him in the eye. "Head to the barracks and gather the search party. Tell them that Lady Illyana in trouble." The stable boy appeared caught off guard by the sudden request. "Hurry, boy!" The poor boy turned and stumbled over his own two feet, before scrambling off to do as he was told.

• Love
Reactions: Saber
Illyana stayed silent as she was forced through the forest. Her hands were bound behind her back and she heard the men chattering and laughing as they guided her. The knight didn't have any idea where she was being led, but an hour after being captured, they finally stopped for a moment and she heard a heavy wood door squeaking on its hinges. She was pushed in and forced down into a wooden chair. The cloth that had been around her eyes was ripped off and the man with two different colored eyes was bent at the waist, smirking at her.

"Lo, Arian." The man chuckled before the back of his hand connected solidly with her face. "Or would you rather me call you Illyana? That is your name in this lifetime, is it not?" Illyana spit blood from her mouth before glaring up at him with a scowl.

"Who are you?" She hissed as she sat up straight again and the man chuckled, pacing back and forth in front of her while he stroked his beard. "And you can call me, Knight Commander." This seemed to make the man laugh even harder, which caused his men to join him in his amusement. Illyana scowled as he stopped in front of her and crouched down so they were eye level.

"You haven't changed a bit, old girl." He smiled before pushing back a stray lock of silvery hair. "You look exactly the same as the moment I first saw you. Clad in white and gold armor, standing next to the woman I loved. It was maddening." He hit her again and the men laughed as she groaned. "In this lifetime, they call me Doran, but, when your memory returns, you'll remember me as Aroch."

Aroch. The name sounded familiar in the ringing in Illyana's ears, but she couldn't remember or understand why it was so. Still, she wasn't going to show weakness to this man, Doran or Aroch, either way, he was her enemy now. She was glaring fire at the man as he remained calm, smiling contentedly while he watched her.

"I can see you don't remember, Knight Commander." The title was sarcastic as it left his mouth and Illyana tightened her jaw. "You see, dear Arian, that is my curse for all eternity. I retain my memories of my past lives. I remember the moment we met, the trial we had and the right you stole from me."

"You must not have been worthy if I could attain your rights." Illyana jeered with a low chuckle and Aroch smirked before grabbing her face. His eyes were darkened, though the amusement still lingered on his expression, his eyes told a different story. There was rage, hatred, and longing in them. The signs of a person scorned that was seeking revenge. Though she wasn't exactly sure what she had to do with it.

"I was a great warrior, an heir to the House of Dragon and you," Aroch stood and pointed a finger at Illyana. "You stole it from me. Volana's guardian was supposed to be my position. But you, a houseless vagrant dog. You stole that right from me. Volana was to be mine."

Volana, Illyana saw the visage of the woman in her dreams, the older, adult Dahlia that would call her Arian. Is that who Aroch was speaking of? Her green eyes were locked with Aroch's and he must of saw the spark of memory. He chuckled again as he motioned to one of the men and he scurried to unbind Illyana's hands. The blood flow returned slowly and the knight's hands began to ache as she brought them up and rubbed the indentations that had been left from the rope. She glanced up cautiously at Aroch as he stood and turned his back to her.

"The lifetimes are always like this." He continued as Illyana rubbed her wrists and glanced around the small shack that they were in. Trees were all she could see outside the broken windows, but she could heard the rush of water nearby. "You and I, I mean. We always tend to...run into each other. Sometimes I kill you," Illyana tensed as she watched Aroch turn and grin. "And sometimes you kill me. Though there have been lifetimes that I've never found you. Those are rather boring."

"Should I be flattered you look so hard for me?" Illyana grunted as the feeling finally returned to her hands and she folded her arms over her chest. "You never leave a mark on my memory, it seems, Aroch. If, so you say, I beat you out of something you felt you had the right to. You must not have been as talented as you thought."

She visibly saw Aroch tense, Illyana wondered if he would strike her again, but he didn't. Instead, he slowly turned around, smiling again, before opening the door. The knight was confused, was he letting her go? She didn't move at first, but then all the men in the shack started to file out, one by one, until Illyana and Aroch were the only two left in the building. They were just staring at each other, as if waiting for one to make a move.

"Let's take this outside, shall we?"

x--x
William, along with ten other foot soldier, were traveling down the path that Nocte had fled from. He was riding his horse as the others followed on foot, luckily Nocte's hooves were easily recognizable. The heavy horse left deeper prints in the trail than any other that William knew in the kingdom. It didn't take long until they found the spot where a struggle had taken place. William held up his hand, effectively halting his regiment before dismounting his horse and examining the ground. It was clear there were more than just one man that had taken the Knight Commander.

The knight saw scuffs in the ground and the myriad of foot prints, all large, but still different sizes. Still larger than Illyana's, though, that was very clear to William who stood and dusted off his hands. "She was here." William sighed as he followed the drag marks in the dirt that veered off to his left and into the woods. "They went this way, move out." The man mounted his horse again and pulled him towards the forest before loping off. He didn't care if he lost some of his med in the wood, they would find him again. William needed to find Illyana. Even though she was a decorated Knight Commander and fully capable of taking care of herself, but not without her weapon and not if she was caught off guard.

The soldiers trekked through the woods, there was a very small, very old trail that William was following. Broken branches and flattened grass, as well as a few shrubs that had recently been trimmed. There was no other way the people who took Illyana could've gone. At least, not easily through a forest as thick as this. As the trees began to thin, William slowed his horse and the forest gave way to a small meadow with the river cutting through it.

Near the far end of the meadow was a shack, a bit run down, but still standing. As William was dismounting his horse, the door of the shack swung open and about seven men exited the shack. William kept his horse behind the tree line and crouched low, making sure she stayed far enough back into the woods to not be seen. His eyes narrowed, searching for Illyana in the group, but he didn't see her. A few moments later when the other men were loitering outside the shack. Illyana emerged, as well as another man with dark hair and different colored eyes.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia had plans of her own to escape from the castle grounds and go for a ride. Maybe find something interesting to sketch, or just take a walk near the lake to clear her head. She was about halfway out of Lumina's pen when a voice startled her from across the stables. William. Dahlia shot him a cold glare. She had a mind to scold him for sneaking up on her, but Lumina decided to have a fit.

"Lumina, what is it, girl?" Dahlia asked gently, hoping to calm her frantic horse. She soon heard hooves stampeding towards them and snapped to attention. Nocte was bolting towards them. Thankfully, he came to a stop before injuring himself, or others. Dahlia pat her horse on the snout as William went to check up on Nocte. It was uncharacteristic of Illyana to travel without Nocte or her sword. Dahlia turned her back to William and listened in on his conversation with the stable boy.

While William and the foot soldiers gathered, Dahlia busied herself with grooming Lumina. She appeared uninterested in whatever they were doing, but she hadn't missed anything they had said. William didn't seem to suspect that Dahlia would give any care to Illyana's whereabouts or situation. They mounted their horses and fled from the stables, all of them geared up and on a mission. Dahlia glanced over her shoulder, a frown forming on her face as they disappeared down the forest path. Lumina huffed and stamped in place, prompting Dahlia to look at Lumina.

"I have a feeling about this, Lumina..." Dahlia said. She leaned in close to Lumina's face, the tip of her nose pressed against the space between Lumina's eyes.

The logical side of Dahlia tried to convince her to stay put. A princess such as herself had no business rushing off after soldiers, that much was obvious. There was no telling what Illyana had gotten herself into, and this could all be more serious than Dahlia realized. None of that seemed to matter though.

Dahlia mounted Lumina, and kicked off down the same path as William and his soldiers. Lumina followed their tracks deep into the forest, and Dahlia rode forward without a second thought about turning back. She had come too far to turn back now, and after a little under hour they were in a place that looked completely unfamiliar to Dahlia. She pulled on Lumina's reigns to signal her to slow down, then veered her to the left, away from the soldier's tracks.

"Lie low for a bit, Lumina. I'll be back shortly," Dahlia said in a hushed tone. She lifted her skirt as she trekked through a muddy patch, and stopped just before the forest opened into a clearing with a cabin. She crouched down among the bushes, just barely able to make out the strange men and Illyana outside. Dahlia was glad to see the Knight Commander still lived, but there were so many questions going off in her head. What were they up to? It looked like they were going to duel, but Dahlia couldn't be sure.

The princess moved closer for a better look. Behind her, she heard twigs snapping and leaves crunching underneath human feet. Dahlia turned swiftly as a hand was coming down over her mouth. She let out a muffled scream as a man grabbed her and began dragging her away from the bushes, towards only God knows where. Dahlia viciously bit the man on the hand, earning a nice yell from the man. He raised his hand to hit her, but held himself back, for whatever reason as their eyes connected.

"Come any closer, and you'll regret it!" Dahlia removed a hair pin from underneath her skirt. She held the sharp end out towards the man. It wasn't a conventional weapon, but Dahlia imagined it was better than nothing at fending off attackers.

The man laughed loudly as he saw the puny tool. He went to grab Dahlia by the wrist, but found that Dahlia had buried the hair pin into the palm of his hand. Dahlia swiftly turned on her heel to run, but was yanked back by a firm grip on her hair. Others had apparently heard the commotion, and another man joined them, grabbing Dahlia from behind. She flailed in attempt to fend off her attackers, but they easily overpowered her. She managed to head butt the one behind her in the nose, and kick the other in the mouth while they pulled her out into the opening.

Blood was smeared on her dress, and down her long golden locks. She looked like she had been in quite the fight, even though most of the damage had been done to the attackers. They brought her out to where Illyana and Aroch had been seen last, and threw her to the ground, where she landed on her hands and knees.

"Look'er, Aroch. Found this one spying on us." The one that had captured Dahlia smirked, then drew his sword and pointed it at her back. "What do you say we take her into the cabin and show her what we do to our enemies?" Some of the men cheered with eager laughter, causing Dahlia to clam up in response.

"Isn't that The Princess of Lunaria? The King would pay a hefty price to have his only child returned," Another man spoke up. "Better not to spoil these goods and get as much as we can."

• Love
William and his men were watching from the trees, quite a ways back just to the point where he could recognize Illyana's face. He didn't know why these men wanted the Knight Commander, but he was going to find out. He held up his hand, about to signal his troops to move forward until they heard a scuffle off to their left. William kept his fist closed, making his men stand idle until he saw what the commotion was. Finally, a man walked out of the trees, dragging along a very feisty, and familiar princess. His eyes widened when he saw Dahli thrown to the ground at the feet of Illyana and the other man.

"Princess!"
x--x
Illyana's eyes went wide when she saw Dahlia get dragged out of the forest, blood stains on her dress and in her hair. The knight moved forward to help the princess, but the sword that was pointed at Dahlia moved to point at her throat. Illyana swallowed hard as she took a step back and Aroch chuckled before glaring down at the princess with a sinister smile.

"Well," Aroch crouched down and grabbed Dahlia's face with his hand. "Here I was planning on taking you back to the castle so the princess could watch you die." He turned Dahlia's face back and forth, inspecting her too closely and Illyana clenched her jaw. "But it seems our little bird found her way to me. How convenient, you've come to watch your guardian die."

Without warning, Aroch stood, taking the sword from his lackey and slicing Illyana across her chest. The Knight Commander stumbled back, holding her wound as she glared at Aroch. Luckily, the cut wasn't deep, but it was still seeping blood and stinging terribly. She glared at the man as he chuckled and threw the sword to her feet before receiving another from one of his men. Illyana understood now, they were going to duel, but why? Just because this man mistook her for another, she wasn't Arian, she wasn't.

"So what?" Illyana said finally, still trying to stop the bleeding from her wound. "We duel to the death? Because you think I'm this Arian?"

"You are Arian." Aroch mused as he held up his sword and pointed it at her. "We are going to relive what we've lived a thousand times."

Suddenly, there was a loud cry in unison as William and handful of soldiers came clamoring out of the forest, weapons at the ready. Illyana glanced at Aroch, who was still smiling before swinging his sword down under Dahlia's chin. The knight froze before the rest of her men did the same.

"Interfere with my fate again," He said loudly so that everyone could hear. "And I won't hesitate to kill your princess." William and the other soldiers stood idle, scowls on their faces as they lowered their weapons and Aroch's men surrounded them. The man then turned back to Illyana and smiled again. "You wouldn't want your beloved to be killed now, would you, Arian? You will fight, or she dies."

Green eyes narrowed as she glanced at Dahlia and then at Aroch. There was no getting out of this, at least not without Dahlia getting injured. Her wound was still aching as she crouched and picked up the sword in her right hand. She winced slightly, feeling the wound tug and the pain spread across her chest and down into her arm. Aroch already weakened her before the fight even started. Still, she gripped the sword tight and ignored the pain as best as she could.

"Fine." She held the sword up in front of her and watched one of Aroch's men drag Dahlia away, closer towards William. Illyana furrowed her brow and held her sword up in front of her.

"Then lets being."

Illyana gasped as Aroch moved quickly, appearing in front of her and she hardly had time to block his blow. There was so much force behind it that it pushed the woman back a few inches as her boots scoured the ground. Aroch attacked with an amazing amount of speed that it took all of Illyana's strength just to block and every hit jarred her body. How could he be so fast? Finally, Illyana managed to parry a downward slash and pushed the man back to regain her footing.

"What's the matter, Arian?" Aroch mocked as he twirled his sword and Illyana longed to cut that smile from his face. "I thought you were supposed to be the best?" Illyana was getting annoyed, but she couldn't let that take over. She needed to be smart about this fight. He had speed on her, that was clear, but she needed to use the environment.

The Knight Commander grunted before holding her sword low, sprinting towards Aroch and swinging up, flinging dirt up with the tip of her sword. The tactic worked, slightly. The man took a step back, but was able to parry her attack. But now that Illyana was on the offensive, she couldn't back off. She continued to attack, slashing as fast as she could, but he blocked everything. Aroch flashed a smirk before blocking a downward slash and pushed her back with his shoulder.

Illyana stumbled before catching her balance in time to parry Aroch. But she was getting tired already due to her previous wound. The pain was causing her to falter and her attacks were weakening. She was set up to fail when this fight began and Aroch was noticing as his attacks got stronger and more forceful. Finally, Illyana missed a block and felt the tip of Arochs blade pierce her left shoulder. She buckled and fell to one knee. This wound was deeper than the first and she was starting to lose feeling in her left arm. She was going to lose.

"Well," Aroch walked up to her as Illyana stabbed her sword into the ground to assist in her getting back to her feet. "This was rather...disappointing." Illyana grunted as Aroch kicked her in the chest and sent her sprawling back. She heard the man stalking towards her again and she sat up as the tip of his sword hovered over her throat. "I expected more from you." His eyes wandered back and towards Dahlia. Illyana scowled as she tried to sit up. "It should be easy to take Volana for myself now. I can finish you off in a moment. I want to see the look on your face when I take her as mine."

The Knight Commander tensed when Aroch walked away from her, back towards Dahlia. She growled as she sat up, her wounds pulling and aching before she grabbed the hilt of her sword. She couldn't let him take Dahlia, she wouldn't. The Knight Commander of Lunaria's Royal Army was not going to let this degenerate lay his hands on the princess. Illyana grunted as she stood, wobbling a bit before glaring at Aroch. She was not going to let him take her.

Illyana felt something warm inside her before a burst of energy and strength ignited in her muscles. She pulled the sword from the ground and held it out in both of her hands. All she could think of was Dahlia and Aroch. She felt her rage building up as she raised the sword over her head. Her eyes were warm and for a moment, it felt as if everything was brighter, clearer. Illyana clenched her jaw and flexed her arms.

"Aroch!" She shouted before swinging her arms down, flourishing her sword and a large wave of white light erupted from it. The wave rushed forward and Aroch stepped to the side as the attack destroyed the shack. The man turned to look at Illyana. Her eyes were glowing silver and a white aura was flowing from her body. He smiled.

"Arian." He turned and lunged forward, launching himself at the knight who blocked his attack, causing a shock wave from the impact. Illyana's strength was rejuvenated as she thrust her sword forward and sent Aroch flying. She pursued her attack with enhanced speed and force as she went on the offensive. Her attacks were powerful, each one landing harshly as their swords clanged and they traded blows.

They were equally matched, almost, but Illyana had her resolve. She had someone to protect and she wasn't going to let Aroch take Dahlia away from her. She shouted as she flourished he sword in a horizontal slash, causing Aroch's block to be thrown off and she kicked him hard in the chest. Sending him back and crashing into the trees. Illyana was on him in an instant, standing over him and holding her sword to his neck. He was still smiling.

"That is the Arian I remember." Aroch muttered as he glared up at Illyana, her eyes still glowing as she glared back. Illyana didn't want to reply, she just wanted to end this and she raised her sword, fulling intending to do so. She paused though, when she heard a roar shake the air and she turned just in time to see a dragon descend down. She moved out of the way quickly as the dragon landed, almost on top of Aroch, but she watched in shock as the man got up and climbed onto the beast's back.

"I think you know my friend," The man called as he sat atop the dragon. "He was sent to scout the castle not too long ago."

"That dragon..." Before Illyana could say anything more, the dragon released a mighty roar before flapping its wings and lifting into the air.

"We will finish this at another time." Illyana clenched her jaw as she watched Aroch laugh and she flourished her sword up, a wave of energy being released. The beam of energy grazed the dragon's neck and it roared, but continued to fly away. The Knight Commander immediately turned her attention towards Dahlia and her other soldiers. She rushed over in the blink of an eye, striking down all of Aroch's men within seconds. As soon as she knew Dahlia was safe, she let her sword fall to her side and she felt all of her energy drain with it. Her vision blurred before she collapsed and the last thing she saw was William standing over her.

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia had avoided looking up at Illyana and the strange man standing in front of her. She had no choice though, as her gaze was forced to meet with the presumed leader of the group of bandits. His eyes were two different colors, and she stared into them, a dreaded feeling of familiarity washed over her. It wasn't like the feeling Dahlia got the first time she had shared a dance with Illyana, it was unpleasant, for more than just the obvious reasons. Had she met this man before? He certainly addressed her like he knew something about her that she didn't.

As unladylike as it was, Dahlia wanted to bite the man's fingers and spit in his face. But with a sword drawn at her back, she knew it wouldn't be wise. As she was contemplating the best course of action to take and the exchange taking place before her, the man rose and slashed Illyana across the chest, causing the princess's eyes to widen in shock. Her jaw dropped, as if to release a scream, but nothing came out. All of this over a mistaken identity? Dahlia could vouch for the Knight Commander herself that she was no other than Illyana Artania, but the man was so convinced by his own words. He spoke them like they were the truth, and for a second, Dahlia wondered if maybe this Aroch was speaking the truth...

Her eyes were glued to the duel that took place, heart racing and thundering against her rib cage. Illyana was sure to lose, something that terrified the princess. She wasn't concerned for her own safety, but worried that her body guard would be killed. There was no way Illyana would win now. Dahlia shut her eyes tight, praying to the goddess that Illyana would be spared somehow. I promise to do right by you, if you let her survive this.

Opening her eyes, Dahlia saw a blinding white light erupt from Illyana's sword and destroy a shack. Some of the soldiers gasped, and the bandits hold on Dahlia tightened as Illyana gained the upper hand in the battle. She rejoiced silently, sure that Illyana would win. That was when Dahlia heard the familiar screech resounding from above. The world felt like it was shaking, and Dahlia braced herself as a dragon swooped onto the battlefield. Dahlia furrowed her brows as Aroch wasted no time mounting the dragon and fleeing the scene. She didn't mind, though. Dahlia knew that as long as Illyana lived they would be okay.

Dahlia watched as Illyana killed off the bandits in one clean sweep. Soon, her eyes found the Knight Commander's, and she closed the small distance between them as Illyana collapsed to the ground. William moved as well, kneeling at Illyana's side as the soldiers went to fetch their horses, and others moved around to investigate.

"She's badly hurt, William. We have to get her back to the castle as soon as possible," Dahlia said quickly. She was exhausted from the experience, but all that she had sustained were a few bruises from rough handling. "Take her to Cortana, please... and don't worry about me, your men will escort me back to the castle."

With the assistance of one of the soldiers, he lifted Illyana up and onto his horse, before mounting and kicking off in the direction of the castle. William cared for Illyana greatly, and while it was his duty to protect the Princess, he knew that fighting Dahlia on this would lead nowhere.

Lumina was still tied up in the forest, and there was no way Dahlia would be leaving her behind. She hurried off in that direction to find Lumina still tied to the tree and distraught. Poor girl must have heard the commotion and witnessed the men dragging her off. Dahlia wasted no time and climbed up onto the white mare after untying her. She gave a vocal cue to the horse and sped off down the same path they had traveled, several soldiers following closely behind.​

• Love
William didn't waste time after Dahlia had given him permission to tend to Illyana first. He was racing back to the castle as fast as his horse could gallop. Illyana was draped over his saddle as he sat back farther on the horse's back. The trees were blurred as he turned the beast back on the road that led to the castle. He didn't know exactly what had just happened, but he knew he'd never seen anything like it before. The power Lady Illyana had been emitting was immense and her eyes were glowing silver. William clenched his jaw as he nudged his horse a little harder and the castle gates came into view. Once he was in the courtyard, he pulled back hard on the reins, causing his horse to skid to a stop in front of the castle entrance. The two guards in front of the doors rushed to the animal as he slid off.

"She needs to get to the healer immediately." He grunted as he helped the men hoist Illyana off of his horse and the guards carried her into the castle. One having his arms under Illyana's, and the other holding her legs. The Knight Commander was pale as William glanced down and he jogged next to the men. It didn't take them long to get to the infirmary and William threw open the door. "Lady Ashera! Lady Artania needs your help!" The elven woman poked her head from around the corner and her eyes widened to see Illyana's shirt soaked in blood.

"Put her on the bed, here." The men obeyed and Cortana didn't waste time ripping Illyana's shirt and finding the wound that was losing the most blood. The large gash on her shoulder was the culprit and she grabbed a clean cloth from the table by the bed, pressing it down hard. "Hold this here, I need to make her an ointment that will help her blood clot." William nodded as he put his hands on the cloth as soon as Lady Ashera's were removed. She ran into the other room and he heard the sound of stone on stone as she ground herbs.

"You two can leave now." William glanced over his shoulder at the two guards. "Thank you for helping me."

"Of course, Sir William." The guards bowed their heads before exiting the infirmary and as soon as they did, Cortana returned with a bowl full of pale green paste. She moved William's hands away before she started slathering the paste on Illyana's wound. It smelled earthy, with a hint of mint and lavender. Cortana made sure to spread the paste in a wider range than just the wound and then applied some to Illyana's chest wound for good measure.

"What on earth happened to her?" She asked as she started to undo Illyana's binding and then glared at William. "Do you mind?" William stuttered for a moment, a slight blush coming over his cheeks as he stood and turned his back to the two women.

"Sh-she was attacked on her way into the city." He answered as he heard fabric rip and Cortana gasped softly. "A group of men took her and their leader wanted to duel with her. To the death."

Cortana frowned and shook her head as she finished wrapping Illyana's chest. "You knights and fighting to the death. All over honor and glory, I'm sure." The healer sighed as she drew a blanket up over the Knight Commander's body before wiping her hands off. "I'm assuming she dispatched of the man."

"She...she didn't, actually." Cortana's eyes found William's and her mouth fell open just barely. "We actually thought that she was going to..." William didn't have to finish the thought as his gaze lowered to the ground and he fiddled with his gauntlets. "The only reason she survived is because, something happened. A power came over her...or something like that. Her eyes were glowing silver and a white aura took over her body."

"Silver?" The healer was confused. Illyana wasn't versed in any forms of magic, but it sounded like she had used it. "What else? Tell me everything that happened, the best that you can remember."

William nodded as he began to retell the even to Lady Ashera. He told her everything that had happened. The man named Aroch and his different colored eyes. The way that he moved with super human speed and strength, and how he kept calling Illyana, Arian. He told her that the princess had been there, and that Aroch seemed to recognize her, but called her by a different name that he just couldn't seem to recall.

"Was it Volana?" William furrowed his brow for a moment before nodding. Cortana sighed as she turned away from him and started to pace. "Thank you for the information, William, but I have some more ointments to make for Illyana before she wakes. If you don't mind."

"Of course, thank you, Lady Ashera." That being said, William exited the infirmary, and as soon as he did, Cortana rushed to her quarters. She scanned through her bookshelf and pulled a large tome from the top shelf, blowing the dust off the worn leather cover. Her hands were quick and gentle while she turned to a page in the middle and started scanning the sentences. She stopped when she saw the name 'Volana' and read the corresponding pages about her. Several times, the name Arian was mentioned, and, thought briefly, Aroch was mentioned as well.

"We are going to have to have a talk, Illyana."

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia didn't seem to remember most of the ride back to castle. It was like she had blacked out, and all she could do was replay what had happened back in the forest between Illyana and Aroch. Her trusty mare had taken her back to the castle with little to no direction at all, and soon, they were back at the stables. The soldiers all dismounted, and went to help the Princess down. Dahlia slowly stepped down, appearing to be in some sort of trance.

"Princess! Princess!" A panicked Ella came jogging across the stables. She practically flung herself at Dahlia as soon as she got close enough. "I heard what happened. Are you okay?" Ella asked, pulling back and inspecting the Princess's face. It wasn't uncharacteristic of Ella to be overly concerned with her mistress' well being, though Dahlia did hate to be doted on by her handmaiden, so she tried not to let it get out of hand. She would save her questions for later, when the maids were all gossiping in the servants' quarters.

"I'm fine, Ella. No need to cause a scene now." Dahlia replied, as she gently swept Ella's hands off her shoulders. She saw the way Ella looked at her, like she was some injured thing. Dahlia began walking towards the back castle entrance, Ella following close behind. "I'm fine really... Have you heard any news of Lady Artania, by chance?"

"Only that she is resting now, Princess." Ella answered, lowering her gaze as they entered the castle. She continued behind Dahlia, following her all the way to Dahlia's room in the Knight's quarters. Ella stopped in the doorway as Dahlia turned to face her.

"I'm going to rest, Ella. Take the rest of the evening for yourself." Dahlia closed the door gently in the handmaiden's face, sighing as the lock clicked into place. Her fingertips fiddled with the locket dangling around her neck as she went to sit down on the bed. She contemplated getting up to see Illyana, but she couldn't get up the strength to do it.

@-->~~>~~~>

Dahlia awoke the next night with a jump. The last thing she remembered seeing was Aroch and his dragon as they stormed the castle and burned the city. Everyone she loved was dead, or dying... and it felt so real that Dahlia couldn't convince herself that it was just a dream. Her dreams had been getting more realistic, so much so that Dahlia had wondered if she was turning into a mad woman. She sat up in bed, blue eyes looking out the window and up at the moon.

Dahlia turned so that her feet were dangling off the side of bed, before hopping down. Her room felt hotter than ever, and she knew she wouldn't be able to get back to bed after that dream. She pulled on her robe that seemed to match perfectly with her nightgown, and then quietly slipped out of her bedroom.

The halls were quiet, lit only by the moonlight shining in through the windows. There was hardly a peep, and Dahlia guessed it was past midnight, since usually the knights were the last to resign for the night. She continued through the halls, resisting the pull she felt towards the infirmary, where she knew Illyana was probably still resting. She hadn't seen the knight commander since yesterday, but she had Ella keep her updated on her status from Cortana's aids.

Dahlia exited the castle through the side door, that led out into the gardens. The cool air on her skin and the smell of flowers helped to clear her head, and all worries seemed to be forgotten for the moment.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Illyana was standing on a landing overlooking a courtyard. Whose courtyard she did not know, however. What she did know, was that she was clad in white and gold armor and a sword was at her hip. Nothing out of the ordinary really for her, though the armor wasn't its normal grey steel and it was much too light to be the knight issued armor from the military. Her eyes scanned the area. There was a large fountain in the middle of the courtyard, three stone maidens holding jugs of water that poured into a sparkling pool. This wasn't the castle in Lunaria, that much was very obvious. Everything around her was too...pure. The sky was inexplicably blue, not a cloud in sight, and the trees and grass were vibrant and green. Everything seemed ethereal.

"You look deep in thought, darling." Illyana tensed before she turned around and saw the woman she now recognized as Volana smiling softly at her from the doorway. "Is something bothering you?" Volana moved forward and Illyana couldn't stop herself from taking a precautionary step back, her back bumping gently against the stone railing. Volana frowned and stopped her advance. "What's the matter, Arian?"

"Who am I to you?" The knight finally spoke, though she softened when Volana's frown deepened. "I just...I'm confused...where am I?"

Volana moved forward again, slower this time, and Illyana tried to make herself relax as the woman was standing not a foot from her. She looked up, with blue eyes a shade darker than Dahlia's, and again, gave her a small, reassuring smile. "You're Arian, my guardian and best friend. And you're in Dediis, in my palace, specifically where you also live. Are you feeling all right?"

Dediis, where the gods and goddesses of ancient times dwelled. A guardian, that's who she was, that's who Arian was, but it was more than that. She could tell by the way Volana looked at her that she was in love with Arian. All the visions, the dreams, that's what they all were leading to, hinting at. Volana and Arian were in love.

"Just like Aroch said..." Illyana muttered to herself as she lowered her head and thought back to the man's words. She heard an audible scoff from Volana and looked up to see a disgusted expression on her face.

"Aroch," Volana folded her arms over her chest and glowered and at that moment, Illyana saw only Dahlia and couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her throat. That caused a glare from Volana. "He was a sore loser and quite the pretentious man. He thought he would be my guardian by name alone. Can you believe that?"

It was clear now, other than the physical resemblance, Illyana could see Dahlia in Volana and it was amusing. It's as if they jumped forward ten years and the older Dahlia was standing in front of her. Matured, obviously, but still had her attitude, it must be in her genetics. She wasn't sure what else to say. It was obvious Illyana was dreaming, but this was so real. Everything she touched was solid, she could feel the texture and the breeze on her skin.

"Time to wake up, Knight Commander."

Illyana groaned when she slowly opened her eyes to see Cortana standing over her with a very amused smile on her face. The knight sighed and shut her eyes again, only to hear the healer groan and slap a cold cloth on her face. Illyana shot up and immediately regretted the action. There was a pull in her chest, followed by the familiar burn of a healing wound. Green eyes glanced around, she was, once again, in the infirmary. It only made sense since she'd been injured and blacked out after fighting Aroch.

"How are you feeling, Illyana?" Lady Ashera was too upbeat, at least for Illyana at the time. "I'm glad you came back in one piece this time, no burns, but those gashes. They were quite the trouble to seal up."

"And yet you managed to do so." Illyana slowly swung her legs over the bed and let out a slow breath. There felt like an immense pressure on her chest, though she was aware it was only her healing wounds. "What time is it?"

"Two in the morning." Cortana answered as she disappeared for a split second before returning with a cup of water. "Here, you need to hydrate. You've been out cold for almost twelve hours." Illyana frowned as she took the cup from the healer and drank it down in one swig. She was thirstier than she thought she was. It was late, the knight was a bit surprised that Cortana woke her at all instead of letting her sleep through the night. Or maybe she was afraid that Illyana wouldn't wake. "You should get up, go stretch your legs so you don't get any thickness in your blood from staying stagnant. I think I saw Princess Dahlia exploring the castle a little while ago."

"Dahlia? Why would she be up so late?" Cortana just shrugged before she took the cup from the knight and left the room again. Illyana sighed softly before grabbing her tunic that was hanging on the post of the bed. It was more difficult than she thought, putting that tunic on. So in stead of lacing the top of the tunic like normal, she left it alone and stood up.

"Oh and do come back when you decide to sleep again." Lady Ashera called from her quarters. "I want to make sure you don't die in your sleep and we have a few things to discuss." Illyana rolled her eyes before standing. She wobbled for a moment, steadying herself on the wall before walking out of the infirmary.

The castle was nice at night. No one hustling around and nothing echoing off of the stone walls. It was rather calming to Illyana after the day she'd had and she tried to enjoy the silence. There was only one place that Illyana knew of that Dahlia always seemed to go to and that was the gardens. So that's where Illyana headed, making her way back to the entrance of the castle before turning towards the back. It wasn't a long walk from the infirmary, thankfully, because Illyana's body was far more exhausted than she'd initially realized. She inhaled deeply before exhaling again when she came to the doors that led to the garden.

When she opened the doors, she saw Dahlia standing on the landing that overlooked the entire garden. The moon was high and shining bright, not a cloud in the sky to obscure it's beams. It very much resembled the dream she'd had earlier, though opposite in the way that her dream was during the day. Still, everything else seemed to be very similar. Illyana approached Dahlia cautiously. She wasn't sure if she should disrupt the princess's moment of peace. Of course, Illyana was her body guard, and Dahlia shouldn't be out and about by herself.

"It's becoming less and less surprising when someone tells me they see you wandering around alone." Illyana said softly as she approached the princess, moving to stand next to her and rested her arms on the stone railing. More so for an actual rest than anything else. "Though I am curious as to why you're out of bed at this hour of the night. Are you well?"

• Love
Dahlia heard someone coming up behind her before they had even spoken a word. She was initially startled, but she soon relaxed as Illyana made her presence known. "I am well. I've managed to wander the castle and this whole city long before you were ever a thought in my father's head, Knight Commander." She said, gaze cast forward into the night. "Why? Were you worried about me?" She laughed softly, before placing her fingertips lightly against her lips.

Dahlia turned swiftly, night gown swirling around her feet and her hair dancing against the breeze. She perked up, and her eyes shined brightly as they landed on Illyana. The Knight Commander looked healthy, despite the horrible duel with Aroch. It was tempting to bring it up, but Dahlia felt it was best to leave that behind them for now. It was no laughing matter, and the thought of Aroch sweeping in at any time to finish what he had started still loomed over their heads.​

• Love
Illyana sighed when she heard the princess's answer, it was true, of course. Dahlia had gotten rather proficient at sneaking around and losing her guards. But, as she thought back on her day, her expression grew serious and she furrowed her brow. After the dream she'd had, and what had happened with Aroch, it was abundantly clear that Dahlia was the reincarnation of Volana. She glanced over at Dahlia, her expression still firm and she tensed when a cold breeze wrapped around her.

"Of course I was worried." She turned fully towards the princess while one hand still rested on the railing. "I'm not exactly sure what happened today...everything...is sort of a blur." Illyana scratched the back of her head and sighed softly. She was worried about Dahlia. Aroch wanted to kill Illyana, but who knows what he would do if he ever got his hands on the princess. It made the knight clench her jaw and she exhaled heavily at the thought. "Please," Illyana moved forward and placed her hands gently on Dahlia's shoulders. "I know you don't like to listen to me and I know you don't like being protected, but please try and take caution. Aroch is still alive and his main priority other than killing me is getting you. I don't want that to ever be a possibility."

When the Knight Commander realized what she was doing, and that she'd moved closer to Dahlia, she removed her hands quickly. It was unlike her to give into such actions, but she hadn't really been acting normal since the dragon attack. But now it was all tying together in her mind. Aroch had sent that dragon and who knows what for. It could've been there to retrieve Dahlia, or maybe he thought the dragon would kill off Illyana. Either way, they were both connected and it was hard for the knight to comprehend all that had been happening to her recently. As if viewing her past life wasn't confusing enough, now it was all melding with her present life and distorting her view on reality.

"If I ever die, I at least want to know you try and stay out of trouble."

• Love
Dahlia's expression faltered somewhat. She tried to hide the look of surprise in her eyes, but she hadn't been expecting Illyana to answer honestly. After that day in the lake, Illyana had become cold and distant, and Dahlia was only just recovering from it. She was still weak and vulnerable to Illyana's charms. There was no denying that. And no matter how badly Dahlia wanted to be witty and tell Illyana to keep her hands to herself, she couldn't. Dahlia secretly welcomed the innocent touch, longed for that closeness they had shared for a brief moment.

When Illyana dropped her hands, Dahlia fought a frown off with a well timed smile. "Never. You'll have to stay alive and make sure I stay out of trouble," Dahlia replied, though her tone seemed to be lacking the sass from earlier. She exhaled softly, blinking away any excess moisture. "I can't have you going all morbid now, Illyana. If you're not confident in your abilities as my body guard then I may as well just hand myself in to Aroch," she teased, before turning around and walking away. "He'll be hard pressed to find out I'm not this Volana, or whatever her name is."

"Or maybe I am. After what I saw it's hard to deny any of what he said is true." The Princess said, hugging her arms around herself as the wind picked up. It continued to blow, like there was some supernatural force at work. "Do you think he's being truthful, Illyana?" Dahlia looked to Illyana, curious.​

• Love
Illyana kept her back to Dahlia. She was surprised that the princess was portraying less attitude, but maybe what the knight had said actually got to her. It was true, Illyana, no matter how talented she was with a sword and no matter what this new power offered, was still human and after facing Aroch, it was all she could think about. He was tougher than any enemy she'd ever faced and she had fought against armies. Other monarchs and champions of kingdoms, yet this man who swore his knowledge of her past life, was far different.

"My mortality is becoming more and more evident, Princess." Illyana sighed before turning back to the gardens. "Given my age, and when I entered the military, I'm afraid my skill might have peaked a bit early." When Dahlia mentioned not being Volana, she couldn't help but think back to her dream earlier, and then previous illusions she'd seen. It was obvious to Illyana that Dahlia was indeed the reincarnation of Volana, but that was only because her visions were so vivid. She glanced at the princess and saw her wrap around herself to try and keep warm as the wind picked up.

"I don't think he was lying." The knight moved in front of Dahlia before wrapping her arms around the shorter woman's shoulders. She pulled her close to try and offer warmth. Her brow furrowed as she rested her cheek against Dahlia's hair and closed her eyes. "It's obvious he's a bit...demented, but I don't see the benefit of him lying to us. And I have to admit, you bear a striking resemblance to Volana. At least, from what I've seen in my visions." Admitting that she'd had visions or illusions of Volana was a bit embarrassing, but it was the truth.

The Knight Commander sighed heavily as she held Dahlia a little tighter, the wind blowing again. This was the first time she'd actually made the conscious decision to hold Dahlia without thinking about the consequences of such actions. It was getting harder to keep her distance and she didn't really want to if she was to be honest. After all, it seemed that Arian couldn't stay away from Volana, and she didn't try to. Why should Illyana try so hard to stay away from Dahlia? If what Aroch said was true, she wouldn't be able to keep away from her.

"I'm not sure what is happening to me." Illyana muttered against blonde hair. "But I won't let Aroch come near you again."

• Love
Dahlia remained silent as Illyana spoke. Her mind was a mess and knowing that Illyana had visions of Volana was what seemed to catch Dahlia off guard the most about anything else Illyana said. As they suddenly embraced, Dahlia debated on telling Illyana about her own 'encounters' with Arian, but it all just seemed too strange. Dahlia wasn't even sure herself if she believed that her dreams of Arian was more than just coincidence.

There was that one time at the the feast when Dahlia was seeing double of the two, which is the earliest time she could recall her attraction to the knight commander. She remembered a time when she was relieved to be away from Illyana and could care less about her well being. Now, it pained her to be apart and a lot of her time was spent thinking of the Knight Commander. Dahlia couldn't exactly complain about this fact since she was finally in the woman's arms, but her stomach twisted at the thought that Illyana may pull away from her again.

Dahlia furrowed her brow at that thought. She held Illyana just a little tighter, chest swelling as she took a deep breath. "I think he knows now you're not one to be trifled with," Dahlia replied, a subtle smirk on her lips. She closed her eyes briefly, enjoying the warmth that radiated from Illyana's body. "Also, I'm sure his idiot followers learned a valuable lesson about messing with a princess. I got one of them pretty good, before they ganged up on me that is." She laughed quietly, then pulled back just enough to look up at Illyana.

"You said earlier that you've had visions of Volana, Illyana. What did you see...exactly?" Dahlia asked, head tilting to the side curiously.​

• Love
The knight couldn't help but second guess her skill when Dahlia mentioned it. She was known to be a very skilled fighter, both with a weapon and without. But she'd never fought against someone with Aroch's speed and strength. The way he fought was almost surreal, the force behind his blows was immense, but he looked so effortless when he attacked. The scene flashed behind Illyana's eyes as she kept her cheek rested against Dahlia's head. The way she had to use everything she had to even protect herself was something she wasn't used to. It was usually the other way around. She opened her eyes again when the princess had mentioned that she had been a formidable opponent for some poor fellow.

A soft chuckle vibrated in her chest as the shorter blonde pulled away and Illyana thought of the vision she'd experienced before she woke up. The way Volana had spoken of Aroch in a similar fashion, again, the resemblance was too obvious not to see. Green eyes found deep blues before the small smile on her lips faded when Dahlia brought up her visions. Her brow furrowed slightly as she thought back to everything she'd seen, the small conversations she'd had with the woman and how they'd made her feel.

"I saw a woman that looked exactly like you." Illyana let her brow relax as she looked at Dahlia and then looked out over the garden that was bathed in moonlight. "Maybe a couple years older, hair...a little more gold," The knight looked back at Dahlia and offered a small grin. "Maybe an inch or so taller than you are now. I've spoken with her a couple times, that's how vivid my dreams...or visions are. I had one before I woke up. We were in an environment very similar to this. And another..." The other, almost corporeal vision she'd witnessed was when she'd kissed Dahlia. Illyana felt her cheeks heat up for a moment before clearing her throat. "The other was when you and Princess Annalise were at the lake. When I...when we kissed. I saw her and I let myself get...caught up."

Illyana was a little embarrassed as she loosened her grip on Dahlia's shoulders, her hands sliding down her arms to rest just above her elbows. She wasn't sure how to explain herself anymore. Illyana was sure she sounded crazy, confessing her visions of seeing a woman that looked like Dahlia and that it caused her to act out of character. But it was the truth and even if someone thought she was crazy, she knew her illusions could be far off from reality. The connection that Aroch had between Illyana, Dahlia, and Volana, it was too coincidental to not be true. And the way that the name Arian sounded when it left Volana's lips was too comfortable to deny.

"That's why I was so...shocked when it happened." Illyana closed her eyes as a sigh left her lungs. "If had been under different circumstances, it would've played out differently."

• Love
Dahlia pictured a woman that looked like her, but taller and with more vibrant hair than her own. She decided early on that this woman must have been quite beautiful. She would have to be to tempt someone as mad as Aroch, and to gain Illyana's affections. After all, Dahlia wasn't the one Illyana had wanted to kiss along. It wasn't like she hadn't had visions of Arian a few times as well, but the few intimate moments she had shared with Illyana were always meant for her.

"Well, I'm sure you wouldn't of kissed me at all..." Dahlia replied. She moved her arms so that Illyana was no longer touching her. Dahlia didn't even want to look at the knight commander anymore, but she never took her eyes off of Illyana. It didn't even look like Illyana understood what was happening, or maybe that was Dahlia thinking the worst of the knight commander. Annalise was right. The princess shut her eyes as Annalise's words echoed in her head about staying away from the knight commander. She wished she had.

"I feel like a fool, Illyana." Dahlia said softly, fighting the pout that was working its way onto her lips. There was no hiding the fact that she had been injured. She wanted to go and lick her wounds in the safety of her room, but not before giving Illyana a piece of her mind. "Perhaps the next time you get the bright idea to kiss a lady, you should maybe keep it to yourself that you're imagining that you're kissing someone else." Dahlia turned swiftly in place, holding onto her robe as it threatened to open against the breeze. She glanced over her shoulder, eyebrows meeting angrily as she gave Illyana a look over. "Or, don't imagine a beautiful goddess in her place, Illyana." She said, before storming off.

Dahlia hadn't noticed it before, but her hands had curled into fists. Her fingernails left little crescents in the palm of her hand from clenching so hard. The delicate skin on her hands was easily broken, but the anger wouldn't allow her to feel it. She did, however, feel the crushing weight of humiliation. Or was that shame? Dahlia wasn't used to feeling either of those things, yet Illyana managed to do both so effortlessly. She hung her head low and marched the rest of the way to her room, her hands turning into fists once more as she replayed her encounter with Illyana in the gardens.​

• Love
Illyana was stunned when Dahlia chastised her and stepped out of her reach. She didn't know that Dahlia had felt the way she did, she almost seemed angry or insulted. Well, she could see how she could feel insulted, but Illyana hadn't meant to make her feel that way. The knight sighed heavily as she turned back towards the garden and let her hands rest on the railing, leaning forward. Illyana could feel the fatigue in her bones from the events earlier and remembered that Cortana had wanted to speak to her. She glanced up at the moon and sighed again.

"You're wrong, Dahlia." She muttered to herself as she shook her head and turned back towards the castle. She wasn't paying much attention, she'd been to the infirmary so much that she knew how to get there without even having to think about it. When she entered again, Lady Ashera was already waiting for her, a large tome in her arms and a small smile on her face.

"Did you find the princess?" Cortana asked as Illyana moved forward and sat back down on the bed she'd woken on. "Not too much trouble I'd imagine."

"None at all." Illyana answered as she rubbed the back of her neck and groaned. Her aches and sore muscles were starting to make themselves known again and Lady Ashera rolled her eyes, setting her book down before going to fetch a cup of something warm that she made Illyana drink. The knight winced as the warm, bitter liquid rolled down her throat. "She just had some trouble sleeping."

"Well I'm glad you helped her." Cortana answered as she sat down next to Illyana. "So, I have something I have to discuss with you." The healer grabbed the book once more and showed it to Illyana. "There is a reason as to why you're seeing what you're seeing, and I think I can help you get over it." Illyana perked up, sitting up straighter and turning towards Cortana. A chance that these visions could stop, that was some of the best news the knight had heard in a while.

"How?"

x--x
Illyana had her head in her hands when the sun soaked through the window of the infirmary in Cortana's office. The healer was leaning against her desk, arms folded as the tome sat open on her desk. They had just spent the rest of the night discussing what had been going on with Illyana and the princess. The information the knight had received was overwhelming and she was having a hard time processing it.

"So, what you just told me is that I am the reincarnation of the guardian Arian Pratia," Illyana spoke as Cortana was nodding slowly with her eyes closed. "Who was the personal protector of the goddess Volana, who is the goddess that the people of Lunaria worship...but they don't know that." Again, Cortana nodded as the Knight Commander continued. "And Arian and Volana were also lovers. And Aroch of the House Dragon, is the nemesis of Arian because he's jealous that she became Volana's guardian. Is that the jist?"

"The long and short of it, yes." Cortana leaned forward and stretched her arms over her head with a groan. "I mean, there are a lot of other factors and a whole lot more to the story, but the important things you've got down. At least the important events that currently happened to you."

"So, Dahlia is the reincarnation of Volana?" Illyana asked, looking up at her elvish friend.

"I didn't know you two were in a first name basis." Lady Ashera jested as she quirked an eyebrow at the exhausted knight who glared at her. "Yes, that's why you've been having those visions and why you're so drawn to the princess. I think the only way you're going to stop having the visions is if you just accept who you are...or were. Either way."

Illyana sighed again, rubbing her temples and groaning. This was going to be harder than she thought it was going to be. She thought Cortana was just going to give her some potion or serum to help with them. The knight didn't think that she was going to have to actually believe she was this...ancient guardian to a goddess. A goddess that she eventually fell in love with.

"Should I tell the princess?" The blonde woman asked as she looked up at Lady Ashera again.

"Do you think she'd believe you?"

Illyana thought back to the conversation that she had had with the princess earlier that night. Dahlia didn't seem to believe with what the knight had said, but who would if she had just started telling someone about her illusions? The Knight Commander shook her head again. "I need to sleep."

"Back to bed with you then." Cortana shooed the knight out of her office and back towards the bed she had previously been sleeping in. "We can talk more when you get a good...er, day's rest."

Last edited:
  • Love
The Princess of Lunaria was fast asleep when she felt her sheets being stripped from her body all of a sudden, and the sun shining against her face. You must wake, Princess. We have special guests this morning, and you're already running late. Dahlia heard Ella say. You were supposed to be up by now. I knocked on your doors several times. Dahlia opened her eyes as she heard Ella rummaging around through her drawers, presumably in search of something for her to wear for the day.

Dahlia sat up in bed, a disheveled mess as she glanced over at Ella. "I'm perfectly capable of dressing myself, Ella." Dahlia said, causing the frantic handmaiden to pause, and then breathe a sigh of relief. Ella gave a calm nod, then stood off to the side as Dahlia got up and out of bed. "Who are these special guests, anyway? What makes them so special?" She asked, standing in the mirror with a dress held up in front of her body.

After a bit of sighing and twirling in front of the mirror, Dahlia tossed the dress onto the bed. "Guess that will have to do, since you've caught me on such short notice." The princess began to disrobe, with Ella coming up behind her attentively. Dahlia went into the small washroom in her temporary living quarters to freshen up, before meeting Ella back in the bedroom. Ella did her usual routine of lacing up Dahlia's corset, and the back of her dress.

Dahlia looked at her reflection in the mirror with a skeptical brow. It wasn't hard to be beautiful when you were literally afforded all the luxuries in the world, but Dahlia was feeling doubtful after the previous night. If she saw Illyana again, would the knight commander be comparing her to Volana? Would Illyana even be well enough to continue her regular duties as Dahlia's personal body guard? Dahlia wasn't sure if she was even ready to be around Illyana just yet.

"You look very beautiful, Princess." Ella said shyly. Her smile reached up to her eyes as she got another look at Dahlia's striking dress. It was a peach and mint dress with gold beading along the bust. The princess didn't know what the occasion was, or how important these guests were, but she always wore something eye catching wherever she went. After Dahlia finished placing some final touches, the two of them left the room together.

As the duo was traversing the hall, The King, accompanied by several servants and two guests came walking down from the opposite direction. Dahlia swiftly retreated around the corner. She grabbed Ella around the arm and yanked her back into safety. The handmaiden screamed in surprise, rubbing her arm tenderly where Dahlia had grabbed her. She managed to draw the attention of the approaching party, while earning a glare from Dahlia before being forced out into the open.

"Ah! There she is," The King exclaimed as he caught sight of the Princess. "The Crown Jewel of Lunaria, Your Grace. My daughter, Princess Dahlia." As he was saying this, he wrapped a hand around Dahlia's shoulders and gently pulled her to his side. "This is King Cassius of Incessum, and his eldest son, Prince Cecil. "

Dahlia curtsied to her guests, smirking as her eyes danced over a familiar face. "Delighted," she said softly. It seemed she had already been introduced beforehand, and Dahlia wasn't a fan of small talk.

"Princess Dahlia, It's a pleasure to see you again." Cecil replied, before taking Dahlia's hand and kissing the back of it.

"Dahlia! I had no idea you were already acquainted with the Prince." The King spoke up before Dahlia could reply, though it didn't seem like she had intended to even acknowledge Cecil.

Dahlia had wanted to smack Cecil on the back of his head with her glove when he kissed the back of her hand, but she settled for a smile, instead. Neither her father nor King Cassius seemed fazed by the act, but Dahlia hated it. "Yes. Must have slipped my mind, as it was only a brief moment in the forest."

"My son tells me you are quite the artist," Cassius adds in, smiling. He seemed genuinely interested to speak with Dahlia, something Dahlia could appreciate.

"Not at all, he must have exaggerated a little." Dahlia said, her face turning red. "I'm only able to draw the things I can see," she replied, before laughing nervously.​

• Love
Illyana, for the first time in many nights, had a dreamless sleep. After her long discussion with Lady Ashera, the knight had passed out hard on the bed that she had previously occupied. But before she knew it, she was being poked awake by the very healer that had told her that she needed rest. The Knight Commander groaned as she opened her eyes and saw Cortana standing over her with a sly smile on her face.

"Good morning, Knight Commander." The elf chuckled as Illyana sat up and rubbed her eyes. "I'm happy to have you know you got a full four hours of sleep. From six in the morning until ten, how about that?"

"Why did you wake me up then?" Illyana's eyes finally came into focus and she raised an eyebrow at the healer. "You very well should know I could've used more sleep." Cortana stood up and shrugged her shoulder before tapping her chin.

"I just thought you'd like to know the king stopped by this morning." That caught the knight's attention as she stood up and Cortana smirked at the eagerness. "He said he wouldn't be opposed to you having the day off, after all you went through. But, and I'm assuming he just knows you so well, he also said that if you insist on working, to seek him out in his throne room. Apparently there's some visitors here."

The knight sighed. She didn't really want to work, but she didn't want to disappoint the king either. So she rolled her shoulders and sighed before heading towards the door. "Thanks for all the information, Cortana."

"Try and take it easy today." The healer smiled at her friend as Illyana left and headed towards her chambers.

Illyana wasn't exactly sure what was on the agenda for the king or his visitors, but she hoped it wasn't anything she needed armor for. Since she hadn't been wearing it the past few days, she had gotten used to wearing her plain white tunic and black slacks. Not to mention she wasn't sure her muscles could support an extra fifty pounds today in their condition. As she was about to reach the foyer, she saw the king, as well as the princess, and who she assumed were the king's visitors. They must've heard her approaching as the king turned and smiled warmly at the knight.

"Lady Artania," The Godric greeted as Illyana bowed at the waist and the king chuckled. "I am so pleased to see you've joined us. I had originally planned to have you meet me in my throne room because I didn't think you'd be up and about so soon."

"It looks like someone got a little roughed up." Illyana recognized that voice, and the boy it was coming from. The knight looked over to see Cecil standing next to the princess and her brow furrowed.

"Cecil!" The older man snapped and Cecil quickly lowered his head. "You'll behave yourself and show Lady Artania some respect." Illyana hid the smirk that was forming on her lips before bowing to the man. "Forgive him, Lady Artania, he is still young and rather...boisterous. I am King Cassius of Incessum. The outspoken boy behind me is my son, Cecil."

"Him and I have met, actually." Illyana answered before glancing at Dahlia, briefly, then back to King Cassius. "It is an honor to meet you, your Grace."

"The honor is mine, Lady Artania," The man's smile grew as she took a step closer. "I've heard stories of your feats, the Slayer of Sorastus. My friend the king is lucky to have such a talented Knight Commander in his ranks." It wasn't often that Illyana would be recognized, but when she was, it wasn't for something she was overly proud of. The Battle of Sorastus was bloody and long, and she had killed many soldiers to assure her army's victory. Those were the images that usually kept her up at night and caused her night terrors. "And now you're a slayer of dragons! How fantastical!"

Illyana remained silent for the most part, keeping her head low as King Cassius chuckled and her own king laid a hand on the other man's shoulder. "I'm sure we could discuss Lady Artania's accomplishments all morning, but let us continue on with our discussion. Perhaps the kids could find something fun to do while we talk politics. With Lady Artania accompanying them, of course."

"Of course, Highness." Illyana bowed again before glancing at Dahlia with a solemn look. "Where ever the princess goes," She shifted her eyes to glare at Cecil. "I shall follow." When the two kings left the remaining figures to chat, their laughs echoing off the stones walls, Illyana finally bowed her head to Dahlia. "Good morning, Princess. I do hope your night was restful."

The Knight Commander had hoped for more privacy with Dahlia today. There was much she needed to discuss with the young princess, not to mention she wanted to try and explain herself better when it came to the whole Volana and Arian situation. But now it seemed she wouldn't be able to find a moment of privacy with the young Prince of Incessum visiting. Illyana held back a groan before turning to the prince, not bowing, but making sure to make eye contact with the young man.

"A pleasure to see you again, Prince."

• Love
Dahlia's laughter stopped when she saw Illyana passing through the halls. She remembered clear as day their conversation the previous night, and truth be told, it was too soon for her to be over it. If Dahlia could have had it her way Illyana would have continued on her merry little way, but her father was too sociable to let anyone slip by, especially the more recently famed knight commander. Dahlia's stomach knotted up when Illyana stopped beside them, but she remained calm, silently observing Cecil and Illyana. She noted Cecil's comment towards the knight commander, but pretended as if she didn't hear that, or the scolding that followed.

Neither of them deserved her attention, at least in her eyes, but she replied to Illyana with a small smile. The plan to ignore the both of them had just become more difficult now that the King had forced the three of them to stay together. She had wanted to mull everything over in the comfort of her bedroom, or in the gardens, but this whole outing would most likely take the whole day. Dahlia hung her head briefly, sighing quietly to herself, before turning and walking in the opposite direction.

Cecil must have been the last to notice that Dahlia was leaving since he was somewhat lost in thought. When he saw her, and possibly Illyana a few feet ahead of him, he groaned and jogged after them. "Princess! Where are you going?" Cecil asked, his hand gently gripping her elbow as the princess came to a stop.

"Wha..." Dahlia turned towards Cecil, perplexed. Her deep blue eyes shifted to the hand that was still resting on her elbow, and she easily peeled his fingers away from her arm. "Prince Cecil..." The princess chuckled softly, folding her arms and leaning back with a look of amusement. "You're still so bold. You shouldn't go around just grabbing ladies, you know." Dahlia said, smirking. She rolled her eyes towards the doors, before looking back to Cecil. "Anyway, if you must know, I was going to get breakfast. Have you eaten?"

"Yes, I have. But I'm not opposed to keeping you company," Cecil replied, looking all too impressed with himself.

"Mmm. Suddenly, I'm not very hungry..." Dahlia started, only to be cut off by Cecil seconds later.

"Ah. Then, how about a walk through your hedge maze? The flowers there are said to rival those in Incessum, and I imagine with you as my tour guide nothing could compare to the sight." Cecil suggested, as he looked down at the shorter woman.

"That's not a horrible idea." Dahlia was always up for going to the gardens and the hedge maze. She had been won over instantly in that moment, and Cecil didn't need to flatter her at all after that. Of course, that didn't mean she wasn't a little impressed with his smooth words. The princess was more open to flattery when she was hurting.

"Follow me." Dahlia led the way out into the garden, trailing her fingertips lightly over the various flower bushes as they passed. She glanced up at the sky, frowning slightly at the grey clouds creeping in over the castle. It hadn't rained in forever, and Dahlia was conflicted over whether to rejoice about it. It was still sunny, though, and she planned to enjoy it while it lasted. "Here it is, Your Highness. You are more than welcome to explore, but try not to pick the flowers."

"I wouldn't dare hurt a single petal on a beautiful flower." Cecil said softly, sweeping a long golden lock behind Dahlia's ear. The princess seemed to blush, though it wasn't for the reason that Cecil had thought. He lingered there for a moment, before Dahlia turned her head away. Cecil took that as his cue, pulling his hand back and smiling smugly at Illyana. "My apologies, Your Royal Highness. I do forget that in some ways, Lunaria is not as liberal as Incessum." There was the sound of leaves crunching underneath boots as he turned and slowly entered the hedge maze. Dahlia entered only a few seconds after Cecil, though she decided to walk alone for now.

• Love