Past the Point of No Return saberwolf || Sailor Moon

Illyana watched as Dahlia disappeared behind a tree before standing and walking towards the lake. Annalise seemed to be enjoying herself quite a bit, even more so when she could take a jab at Princess Dahlia. The knight sighed when the blue haired princess mentioned her going to check on Dahlia, and reached down to the hem of her shirt before lifting it up over her head. She had her breasts bound by a wrap that ended at her ribs. Illyana opted to keep her slacks on, but bent down to roll them up past her knees.

"You shouldn't tease her so, Princess Annalise." Illyana offered a small smile as she stepped into the cool water and waded up to her waist towards the princess. "Though I do find it amusing."

When Illyana heard Dahlia speak, she turned and froze. The warmth in her chest ignited as she felt her cheeks warm and turned away quickly. These feelings were becoming troublesome and making it hard to keep looking at the blonde woman. Before Illyana could say anything, there was a large splash and the knight brought her arms up to protect her face. When the princess emerged again, Annalise was frowning at Dahlia's antics and Illyana wiped the water from her face.

"You're hilarious, my dear Dahlia." Annalise mused as she flipped her hair out of her face. Illyana glanced at the princess and couldn't ignore the fact that Dahlia had a very pleasing figure. Something that was hard to see when Dahlia was wearing her extravagant dresses and layers upon layers. The knight felt the heat rise again and turned away from the princess before diving under the water.

"And here I thought princesses didn't know how to splash." Illyana cleared her throat before she walked further into the water until it reached her collarbone. "You two are quite amusing to watch when you're together."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: envogue
Dahlia grinned as Annalise recovered from the splash. She was clearly pleased with herself, especially since Illyana had been caught in the cross fire. "That's what everyone says, Knight Commander." She said with a smirk, swimming closer to Annalise and Illyana. "It got so bad at one point I thought my father might ban Princess Annalise from the castle, since we always got into trouble together growing up." She chuckled and splashed Annalise gently, causing the blue haired princess to join in with a much bigger splash of her own. Dahlia tried to turn away, but the wave hit her right in the face before she could escape.

"Annalise!" Dahlia exclaims as she wipes the water from her face. She narrows her eyes, shaking her head slowly at Annalise. Suddenly, Dahlia lunges for her friend, arms outstretched in a grabbing motion.

"Catch me if you can, Princess!" Annalise teased, before diving under water. She popped up a couple of minutes later, much farther down the lake where the water was deeper, and darker.

"Hah! You wait right there," Dahlia called back, a fierce determination in her voice. She could be very competitive when challenged, or when she felt that someone had slighted her.

The fact that Annalise was a much better swimmer than herself didn't seem to cross Dahlia's mind as she dove under the water. She began the swim towards the end of the lake where Annalise was waiting, but her lungs soon felt like they were going to implode from the lack of oxygen, and she hurriedly swam to return to the surface. She inhaled deeply as she emerged through the surface, then continued to swim with her head above water.

"Aw. You look tired, dearest Dahlia," Annalise said, laughing loudly afterwards.

Dahlia knew Annalise was only joking, but she couldn't give up, even with her legs and arms aching for a break. She was over halfway there, though every so often Annalise would dive under water and then come back up to wave from where she was. Dahlia kicked a little faster, and she was so close when a sharp pain shot up from her foot, and her leg locked into place. She yelped suddenly, slowing to a stop. Dahlia moved her legs just enough to keep her afloat, but each kick caused excruciating pain.

"What's happened now? You mustn't play on my soft side, Dahlia. I won't be tricked," Annalise yelled, performing an elegant backstroke to move farther away.

Dahlia sighed softly, her legs and arms coming to a stand still. "I-Illyana..." She said quietly, as she sank below the surface, too exhausted too move.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Saber
Illyana smiled to herself when she watched the two princesses splash each other. The mention of Princess Dahlia's childhood was interesting, though it didn't surprise the knight at all that Annalise and Dahlia caused havoc when they were young. The silver haired woman opted to sit back and watch as she saw Princess Annalise disappear under the water and pop up a few yards away. Illyana had always known Dahlia to be a competitive woman, and even with her good friend, it wasn't any different.

So the Knight Commander watched as Dahlia swam after her friend with zeal. Illyana waded a little deeper, until the water brushed against her chin and dipped under to get the rest of hair submerged before resurfacing. The water was surprisingly pleasant, she expected it to be a bit colder since the lake was met by two mountain rivers. The woman slicked her hair back and looked out where the water got darker, which meant deeper.

Princess Annalise was a long way out, swimming as if she were part fish, diving under and popping up whenever Dahlia would get too close. When the blonde princess faltered, that's when Illyana focused solely on Dahlia. She watched her closely and took a few steps forward. The princess seemed to be struggling the farther out she swam and as soon as her head began to sink lower, Illyana pushed off the lake floor.

"Princess!" Illyana called out just as Dahlia's head slipped beneath the water. The knight kicked hard and flourished her arms as she moved through the water, finally reaching the spot where Dahlia had sank. She inhaled quickly before diving down, seeing the golden hair flowing as Dahlia drifted deeper. The knight reached down and grabbed the princess's arm, pulling her up towards the surface.

Illyana broke the surface before wrapping an arm around Dahlia's waist and pulling her back towards shallower water. When it got shallow enough for Illyana to touch the bottom, she slipped her other arm under the princess's knees and lifted her up so her head was level with her shoulders. She took a few more steps until the water only lapped at her chest.

"Are you all right, your Majesty?"

• Love
Dahlia sank further down to the lake floor. She didn't think about surviving, or fighting for her life. It was dark, but not so dark that she couldn't see all of the beauty underneath. Chasing Annalise had been exhausting, and Dahlia felt...relaxed just letting herself go. Not that Dahlia wanted to die in the lake, that thought hadn't even crossed her mind. But as her lack of oxygen became more apparent, her eyes went wide and her lungs began to burn.

It was in that moment that Dahlia felt a hand wrapping around her arm, and slivers of silver glistening in the dark water as she was pulled up towards the surface. She inhaled a deep breath, her body feeling instant relief as the air filled her lungs. The Princess was too worn out to even argue when Illyana picked her up. Truthfully, Dahlia was just glad to not have to swim, or walk.

"I think so..." Dahlia replied, exhaling softly and closing her eyes. She hugged the Knight Commander closely, strangely comforted by the woman's presence. There was a warmth in Dahlia's chest as she looked up at Illyana, her face reddening as she noted Illyana's likeness to the woman from her dreams again. That dream had meant something, but Dahlia couldn't explain what.

"Princess Dahlia! Are you alright?" A familiar voice suddenly cut in. Annalise had apparently swam over when she saw Illyana emerge from the water with Dahlia in her arms. "Tell me, Knight Commander. Is she going to be okay? I...had I known that she wasn't jesting, I would have come right away." The blue haired girl said, a rare sadness in her eyes as she explained herself. It felt like all her fault.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Illyana sighed in relief as the Princess answered her, and though the redness in Dahlia's cheeks didn't go unnoticed, the knight ignored it, since she had a warmth in her body that would've caused a blush in her own face. She was more concerned with Dahlia's well being than the fluttering feeling in her chest. Still, she cleared her throat before addressing Annalise.

"Don't beat yourself up, Majesty." Illyana said gently as she glanced back at the blue haired woman. "It's not your fault, our princess here was just a bit too determined." The knight continued walking through the water until it was at her waist, keeping a firm hold on Dahlia, and then she felt as if someone was staring. She glanced over her shoulder to see Annalise staring at her. The knight couldn't stop her blush as she cleared her throat.

"Forgive my stare, Knight Commander." Annalise brought her hand up to her mouth as she giggled. "I can't help but stare at your physique. After seeing you in your armor it leaves much to the imagination, and I'm pleased to see you in so little clothing so I don't have to wonder anymore. Little Dahlia is a lucky woman to be held in such strong arms."

The knight had her mouth hanging open, not really sure what to say to the staring princess and she suddenly found herself wishing she was wearing her armor. Or at least more of a shirt. Still, she tried to keep her composure as she turned back towards the shore until the water stopped at her thighs. She gently set Dahlia back down in the water before finally addressing Annalise.

"You'll have to forgive me, Princess Annalise." The knight chuckled softly as she tried to shake the feeling of being watched. "I'm not quite used to anyone paying attention to my...figure. Flattery isn't something I'm accustomed to, but thank you, regardless." She knelt down in front of Dahlia and gently grabbed the princess's chin so she could inspect her face. "Well your lips aren't blue, are you having anymore trouble breathing, Princess Dahlia?"

• Love
Dahlia was reluctant to let go of Illyana, but she imagined it would be a little odd asking the knight commander to carry her for a little while longer. She wasn't injured, or on the brink of death anymore. She just enjoyed having Illyana close to her, in a way that she had never felt before.

The Princess lowered her gaze in a shame, delicate fingers going to rub at her calf as Annalise's voice filled up the background. Her new and strange feelings for her body guard worried and stressed her, and having a woman around who could read her like a book at this very pressing time was even worse. A part of Dahlia wondered if Annalise was genuinely still interested in Illyana, or if she was now just trying to get a reaction out of the both of them. Dahlia wondered if she was just being foolish. Illyana wasn't her's to claim, she couldn't dictate who Annalise flirted with...even if it was starting to become bothersome.

Dahlia was starting to frown, beginning to question everything when Illyana knelt down in front of her. Seeing her face again, and in such close proximity made the Princee light headed. She inhaled a deep breath, chest swelling as she held her breath for a few seconds and exhaled slowly through her nostrils.

"I-I..." Dahlia searched for the words, her deep blue eyes staring into Illyana's for what felt like an eternity. She immediately came to her senses and turned her face to look away, pushing the woman's hand away with her own. "Don't do that, Illyana. I have very sensitive skin and you can't just go grabbing at a lady's face." The Princess blushed furiously at the realization that she had called the Knight Commander by her first name to her face. Of course she was the Princess, she could call Illyana whatever she wanted, but it felt wrong. It felt like she had crossed some boundary, gotten too close.

"You're being ridiculous, dear. The Knight Commander is only doing her best to look after you. You should be grateful to have such a dedicated body guard, Dahlia." Annalise adds in, in a sincere, yet motherly tone.

"Perhaps, I should go." Dahlia stood up on her own, her leg still tight as she began to walk towards the water's edge. "You and Princess Annalise can enjoy the remainder of your day in private, while I head back to the castle to rest." Hearing Annalise sticking up for Illyana had annoyed Dahlia, but nearly drowning and all of the weird dreams and energy between her and Illyana was exhausting to her as well. She just wanted to be left alone to sort through her emotions. The sooner she made it to Lumina the better.​

• Love
Illyana sighed softly as her hand was pushed away from Dahlia's face, but she didn't miss the rosy color that was building in the princess's cheeks. the knight cleared her throat softly as she stood and took a step away from Dahlia, slightly ignoring the conversation that was going on between the two princesses until she heard that Princess Dahlia wanted to leave. And then that she was going to leave Annalise and Illyana alone, which wasn't nearly appropriate, but more so, it was the Knight Commander's duty to stay by the princess's side at all times. No matter the circumstance.

"It is my duty to stay by your side, Princess." The knight walked out of the water and towards where their horses stood. "I'm afraid that means we must end this day early, Princess Annalise, I apologize. But if I'm to be a good guardian I must stay with Her Majesty." Illyana didn't wait to hear Annalise's response, but she was sure the blue haired woman would have no objection. She walked back to where the pile of her clothes and redressed herself quickly before reattaching her armor. The knight fastened her sword to her waist once more before turning towards the princess and realizing she was still half clothed.

"Ahem," Illyana turned away to tack Nocte and avoid the rising heat in her neck. "Let me know when you're ready to head back, Majesty."

• Love
Dahlia overheard what Illyana was saying to Annalise and rolled her eyes. There was no privacy with that woman, which wasn't entirely Illyana's fault, but it was unfortunate for Dahlia. She gave a small nod to acknowledge Illyana, then slowly walked back to the tree where she'd left her clothes. Everything was just as Dahlia had left it. Or so she thought. One of her gloves were missing, but Dahlia hardly wanted to go hunt down a glove. Sure it was one of her favorite pairs, but Illyana and Annalise were both waiting on her...

Dahlia glanced around, then did a double take as she saw a little brown fluff holding her glove. She wondered if it was really worth it to try and get it back, but it was right there... Dahlia smiled at the little squirrel and slowly approached it. It stood there, big beady eyes staring back at her. "Can I have that back?" She asked sweetly as she was getting closer. The squirrel wiggled it's nose in response, and when Dahlia was within arms reach of it ran away. Dahlia could still see it as it stopped near a tree, still holding her glove. It almost looked like the squirrel was egging her on, wanting Dahlia to come and get it.

Smirking, Dahlia headed that way. She paused about halfway, then knelt down on the ground and pushed away some leaves in search of an acorn, or something similar that a squirrel might like. It wasn't long before she found a small seed on the ground, then continued towards the tree. "Nice, little squirrel." Dahlia said quietly, kneeling down and holding it out for the squirrel . She realized she must have looked like a mad woman in the forest half dressed and trying to bait a squirrel, but she was in no rush to head back now that Illyana and Annalise would be tagging along.​

• Love
As Annalise was off changing, the knight sighed and finished fastening the saddle on Nocte's back. The other mounts were already waiting patiently and Illyana turned to where Dahlia had once been to see her gone, but her clothing still setting on the ground. The Knight Commander sighed as she moved towards Dahlia's discarded dress and picked it up carefully in her armored hands. She looked off towards the trees and saw a flash of blonde hair. Of course Dahlia would wander off, it seemed to be embedded in her to ignore any of Illyana's warnings or precautions. Still, Illyana draped the princess's dress over her forearm and walked in the direction where she'd seen Dahlia.

The sunlight was partially blocked and the knight was grateful for the cooler temperature while she was donned in her armor. She weaved her way into the trees before she spotted Dahlia crouched down in front of a tree. The pale haired woman raised an eyebrow in confusion before she looked at the tree and saw a small squirrel with a glove in its mouth. The princess, the knight noticed, was holding a small something in her hand to try and goad the small creature close. Close enough to retrieve the glove, or maybe just have the animal drop the glove so she could take it back.

Either way, Illyana stayed silent and watched as Dahlia continued to try coax the squirrel closer. Finally, as if only by the grace of good fortune, the squirrel dropped the glove and moved forward quickly to swipe the seed from Dahlia's fingers before scurrying back up the tree. Illyana decided to make herself known and took a couple steps forward.

"I have your dress, your Majesty." The Knight Commander averted her gaze, turning her head to the side and clearing her throat. "You should put some clothes on so you don't catch a cold."

Last edited:
  • Love
The squirrel finally moved forward enough and quickly snatched the seed from Dahlia, dropping the glove in the process. Dahlia exhaled a sigh of relief and started to pick up her glove off the ground. She paused, the hair standing up on the back of her neck when she heard someone walking up behind her. Being a half-naked princess, Dahlia's mind went to the worst possible thing, but her fears were short lived when she heard Illyana's voice.

"Don't you know better than to sneak up on a lady, Knight Commander?" Dahlia said as she stood up, glove in hand. The fact that she was half naked in front of Illyana hadn't really bothered her, but she could tell that it had some sort of effect of Illyana, she just wasn't sure what. They were both women, what was the big deal? Then again, Dahlia had to admit that seeing Illyana without all of the armor had made her blush earlier, so she couldn't really judge Illyana too much. She wasn't passed teasing the Knight Commander over it, though.

"I think I'd much rather stay like this. The weather is nice, and my under garments are still wet from the lake," Dahlia said, waving her hand dismissively. She stepped a little closer, arms crossed underneath her bust. "I may continue on like this for a bit, at least until I'm completely dry. There doesn't seem to be anyone else around but us, so there shouldn't be a problem. Right?" She asked, hiding her amusement with a soft smile.​

• Love
Illyana sighed softly, taking a half step back from the princess as she approached. She could see the mischief in Dahlia's blue eyes and the knight didn't really enjoy it. She cleared her throat while averting her gaze and holding the dress up higher to obstruct the view of the princess's half naked figure. Illyana could feel the heat rising in her face and she fought it the best that she could while trying to keep her composure. Her vision started to blur slightly and she heard birds chirping in the distance.

"Majesty," The Knight Commander sighed as she held the dress farther out in front of her towards Dahlia. "There could be others around the forest, people traveling. It would be unfit for them to lay eyes on you in your...current attire." Though Illyana was fighting valiantly to retain the blush creeping into her cheeks. She could still feel the heat and she swallowed hard before turning her head and staring into Dahlia's eyes, and only her eyes. "Please Princess, if not your own sake, for my nerves, at least."

You're worrying too much, Arian.

Illyana froze. The voice was breathy, light and inviting, but it hadn't come from Dahlia no matter how it resembled the princess's voice. Green eyes glanced around the forest, the canopy only offering patches of sunlight in the shady grove they were in. The only person that could have been within hearing distance would be Princess Annalise. Suddenly, there was a soft weight on her shoulder and Illyana dropped the dress in her hands before turning around.

There, standing in front of her, was a slightly older, taller, version of Princess Dahlia. A contented smile on her pink lips and a hand resting on Illyana's shoulder. Her smile switched from calm to teasing as she circled around Illyana until she was facing the tree once again. There's no one around, we won't be caught. Illyana tensed as the woman draped her arms over the knight's shoulders and let her mouth hang open in surprise. The woman tilted her head and grinned. So are you going to kiss me, or not?

"Uh," Illyana wasn't sure how to react. But the feeling she got when the woman touched her set her heart on fire and she had the sudden urge to embrace the woman.

You're being so timid today, Arian. The woman teased as she began pulling the knight closer. Let me help you, darling.

The Knight Commander couldn't fight the pull towards the woman as she let her eyes close and found herself resting her hands on the woman's waist. The kiss was gentle and innocent, regardless, it left Illyana breathless. The woman's lips were warm and the knight's chest exploded as she inhaled deeply.

"Well," Illyana froze and turned her head when she heard Annalise speak. "If that's what you get when you're alone with the Knight Commander I should've done it a long time ago."

Annalise had her hands planted on her hips, an eyebrow raised and a knowing smirk on her lips. Illyana's vision was cleared, there was no haze and woman, other than Princess Dahlia. The knight could feel the blood drain from her face as she took a step back and clenched her jaw. She'd kissed the princess. She'd gotten so caught up in her illusion that she'd kissed Dahlia. Illyana was mortified, and Annalise had seen her.

"Forgive me." Illyana bowed her head swiftly and turned away, walking past Annalise and back towards their horses. This was too much for her to deal with. Not only was she hallucinating this woman, it was causing her to act out in reality. She needed to speak to someone about this. Maybe she'd been injured when the dragon attacked and she had blood pooling in her brain. It had to be something severe to cause her to act this way.

As Illyana reached her horse, she felt eyes on her and for a moment forgot about her calamity with the princess. There, standing a few yards away under a tree, was a man clad in leather and fur. She felt an odd sense of familiarity as she turned to face him. A sly grin was growing on his lips and Illyana noticed his eyes were different colors. One was yellow, and the other, a pale green. There was an overwhelming sense of deja vu and the knight drew her sword before taking a few steps forward before the man disappeared into the forest like a shade.

Illyana frowned, it was odd. She could've sworn she'd seen that man before or maybe in passing. As the man's figure disappeared, so did the worry as Illyana remembered why she was fleeing from the princesses in the first place. She shook her head and groaned before sheathing her sword. Illyana mounted Nocte and stayed still like a sentinel, waiting for Dahlia and Annalise to return.

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia poked her bottom lip out in a pout and glanced away with a sigh as Illyana insisted upon her wearing the dress. She knew Illyana didn't like her lack of dress, but watching the Knight Commander squirm and plead was just too amusing to Dahlia. With an innocent smile, Dahlia walked closer to the Knight Commander, a twinkle in her eyes as her gaze locked with Illyana's. "You worry far too much, Lady Artania."

There was a curious look on Illyana's face all of sudden that Dahlia picked up on immediately. It was only followed by more odd behavior, and Dahlia was sure that Illyana must have been losing her mind. Illyana was acting like there was something, or someone else there with them, but as far as Dahlia could tell there was no one else present "You're...acting strange." Dahlia said softly, eyebrows furrowing at the Knight Commander. "Who are you looking at?" She asked, growing more agitated with the woman.

Dahlia's breath hitched in her throat as Illyana stepped forward in response. She didn't exactly know what to say now that they were so close, and Illyana seemed to have only been looking down at her now. She started to say something to the pale haired woman, but anything she had to say came out in quiet stammers as Illyana's hands wrapped around her waist. They had only been this close during their dance in the courtyard, but this was different, even Dahlia could tell that much. There was no one else in the forest, no one to watch Dahlia's every move and report back to her father, though Dahlia guessed in this situation Illyana would be the one doing the reporting.

"Illyana, what are you doing?" Dahlia asked timidly, her voice almost inaudible. Truthfully, she didn't care what Illyana was doing. Sparks had been lit. Dahlia was experiencing sensations she had never felt before, or even knew existed. Lightheaded, she closed her eyes, parting her lips slightly as she felt the warmth of Illyana's lips against her's. She had imagined her first kiss many times, but never with a woman, and never this good.

Dahlia trailed her fingertips along the armor on Illyana's arms, preparing to pull Illyana closer, before a certain blue haired woman's voice cut in, effectively ruining the moment. She ignored Annalise to the best of her abilities, instead focusing on Illyana. She wanted to know if Illyana had felt the same way as she had in that moment, but their expressions didn't mirror each other. The Knight Commander wore regret and disappointment on her face, Dahlia saddened by that fact. How could something that felt so perfect have made Illyana look that way? The euphoria that Dahlia felt was crushed by the image of Illyana running away from her, like it was all some sort of mistake.

Dahlia bit the knuckle of her index finger gently, exhaling deeply through her nostrils as Illyana disappeared from sight. She wanted to push what had just happened to the back of her mind, but how could she?

"Oh. Don't look so sad, darling. I'm only teasing you, you know." Annalise said, smiling warmly as she walked to Dahlia. "But, really, dear. Why didn't you tell me the two of you were...A thing? This whole time I've been under the impression you couldn't stand her, yet this whole time?" She said, baffled. "Well, never mind. It's not anything we can't discuss over tea."

"Annalise, please." Dahlia finally cut in. She huffed and went to pick up her dress, but she thought better of putting it on. If Illyana was going to kiss her and run off, then she was going to make sure Illyana suffered for it. "Can we just go?"

"I suppose you're eager to get back to your brooding lover. Let's go, then." Annalise replied, a light chuckle escaping her as Dahlia stormed off past her. "Wait. You're not showing up to the castle in that, are you?" She called after the shorter blonde.

Dahlia walked back to the small clearing where their horses were tied up, Annalise trailing behind with a devious smile on her face. The tension in the air was so thick, and Annalise was loving it. Dahlia kept her eyes focused on Lumina, and though it was difficult, she managed to not look at Illyana the whole time. She focused on mounting her horse, and kicked off, sending Lumina flying full speed back the way they had come.​

• Love
Illyana kept her eyes down as the princess's returned and wasted no time mounting their horses before Dahlia rushed off. Annalise wasn't as eager, but she set her horse on a steady pace as the knight sighed and turned Nocte onto the road. She still felt like someone was watching her, and she turned around to see nothing, but she couldn't get the man she'd seen earlier out of her mind. The feeling she felt was unnerving and it put her on the defensive. The way he'd smiled at her, like he knew her, or knew something about her.

The Knight Commander kept Nocte trailing behind the two princesses, not ready to face what had just happened. Of course she had enjoyed that kiss, much more than she'd enjoyed any kiss with any other woman. But it was improper, a knight wasn't meant or allowed to show any affection towards a princess, let alone kiss one. Illyana cursed under her breath as the castle finally came into view. She needed to see Cortana. Perhaps the mage could give her some insight as to why she'd been having these...illusions, or perhaps she really was losing her mind.

Green eyes glanced up at Dahlia and she felt the now familiar warmth in her chest. She'd felt this feeling before, it had been years, but it was still familiar. The knight just didn't know why she was feeling it so fervently for Dahlia, someone she hardly knew as a person and knew more of as a royal. Besides shopping and dressing flamboyantly, she wasn't sure what the princess's hobbies even were. Why was she feeling such a way for her when only days ago they'd been at each other's throats?

x--x
The walk back through the forest was easy, it seemed with every lifetime he lived, stealth became a second nature. He followed the hidden trail until it led him back to the abandoned house where his men were hiding out. Humans were still as easy to sway as they had been a millennia ago, if not easier. Throw a few gold coins their way and they'd practically die for a ridiculous cause.

"Did you find who you were looking for, sir?" One of the men asked as he walked through the door. He smiled and ran a hand through his black hair before nodding.

"I did indeed." He answered smoothly as he looked at the group of men in front of him. A few were just bandits, others, swords for hire. But he had a few deserters from various military factions he'd come across on his travels. "She doesn't remember me, as always. How exciting."

"Master Aroch," The man bowed as the taller man looked down at him. "When will we attack the castle? The men are eager to attack. This waiting for so long without any looting has really..."

"We will attack," Aroch interrupted as he turned his back to the men and folded his hands. He had been searching a long time for his target and he'd finally found her. A wide grin spread on his lips as he thought of his past. "When we are ready. At our present numbers we couldn't take the knight herself. She would slay us all without breaking a sweat." The men around him started to murmur amongst themselves. "Don't worry, I have a...friend, on his way. And he will make taking the castle much easier. He has infiltrated one already, in fact."

Aroch stared out the window at the beautiful scenery outside the house and smiled again. He was excited. He wanted nothing more than to attack the castle now and take his prize, but he had to be smart. He had to be patient until the time was right. He needed a little bit more time to be sure he could even get to the knight. He had a few things to discuss with the lady knight.

"Hopefully I can jog your memory, Lady Arian."
x--x
"I'm sorry, what do you want me to do?" Cortana was leaning back against her work table, arms folded over her chest as Illyana sat in her chair with her head in her hands.

"I need you to put me in a trance." Illyana's answer was muffled as she shook her head before looking up at Lady Ashera. "I've been...hallucinating, or something. I feel like it's real but these visions...they're skewing my perception of reality and..." The knight paused as she thought back to the kiss she'd shared with Princess Dahlia not a few hours ago. Her brow furrowed and she frowned, she was disturbed mainly because she longed to kiss her again. But she couldn't, wouldn't, kiss her again. Not unless Dahlia wanted it.

"Illyana," The mage shook her head while she rubbed her forehead. "If I put you in a trance you may not come out of it, depending on what could be wrong with you. To me, it sounds like you just need a good night's rest, maybe a few nights, and some relaxation. You're working yourself too hard after that dragon attack. Why don't you ask the king for a day off or two? I'm sure he would grant it."

"I'm not one to take a day off, Cortana." The Knight Commander sighed as she stood and began pacing. "The illusions are affecting my life. I'm...I'm questioning decisions and doing things I wouldn't normally do. I just want answers."

Cortana sighed as she moved in front of Illyana and grabbed her shoulders to stop her pacing. It worried the elf that her friend was so distraught. She hadn't seen her in such a state since she'd returned from war when she was only a teenager. Perhaps that's what was causing these strange delusions the knight was experiencing. Still, the herbs that induced a conscious trance were dangerous and could possible cause an addictive after effect.

"Let me give you some Valerian," Lady Ashera turned and began rummaging through her herb cabinet before grabbing a vial of purple liquid. "It will help you get some restful sleep and it might give you some clearheaded insight on what you've been experiencing, or stop it all together." Illyana just looked at the proffered vial with an unamused expression on her face. "Just try it, ok? If it doesn't work, come back tomorrow and we will discuss other options."

Illyana conceded and took the vial before walking out of the infirmary. She honestly had thought Cortana would offer more information to her visions, but even though she was a very talented mage, Cortana's main focus was always that of an apothecary. Still, she held the vial tightly in her hand as she made her way back to the King's tower. Maybe Cortana was right, maybe she did need a few days of relaxation, time to herself.

"May I have an audience with the King, please?" Illyana asked the groomsman that was standing outside the King's chambers. The young man nodded before entering the chamber before exiting again after a minute or so. He opened the door for her and bowed his head as Illyana walked past him.

"Lady Artania," The King smiled as he stood and Illyana knelt down and bowed to him. "No need to kneel, my lady, what is it you've come to speak to me about?" Illyana rose and saw Sir Xander standing against the wall behind the King.

"My Lord," The knight spoke again, ignoring the grin on Xander's face. "I've come to ask you for a favor, if you're so kind." Illyana waited for the king to speak but he just nodded and smiled. "I was wondering if Jacob and William could take over my duties for a couple days. I've just seen Lady Ashera and she recommends I...take a few days off to deal with a, a head injury."

"Head injury?" The king had a flash of concern on his face as he watched the knight. "From the dragon attack, are you well?"

"Is being a personal body guard starting to get to you, child?" Xander was wearing a smug smirk as he addressed Illyana and it took all she had not to retort sarcastically. Instead, she just chose to ignore the older man completely, which she was sure would annoy him the most.

"I am well, but," Again, all Illyana could think of was the kiss. "I just need rest, Lady Ashera says, a couple night's sleep should do me well, she thinks."

"Well of course it is granted." King Godric walked towards the Knight Commander and gently put his hands on her shoulders. "I need you at your best if you're to protect Dahlia, Lady Illyana. If Lady Ashera said that rest is what you need then rest is what you shall get. I will inform Sir William and Sir Jacob that they are to take on your duties for the next two days."

"Thank you, Highness," Illyana bowed her head low and sighed. "You are much too kind." The king just smiled as he dismissed her and Illyana exited his chambers to head to her own. She hoped that Cortana was right, she hoped the two days of rest would do her well, perhaps even banish the visions that had been plaguing her. Though in the back of her mind, she felt herself already missing Dahlia.

Last edited:
  • Love
Heading back to the castle half naked seemed like a good idea at the time, but the farther away they got from the lake the more Dahlia realized how exposed she really was. No one besides Annalise and Illyana were around, as far as Dahlia could tell, but it felt like someone was watching her. It was a feeling that she couldn't shake, but grew to ignore as other thoughts dominated her mind.

How embarrassing, Dahlia thought. The plan was to make Illyana uncomfortable, but the knight commander hadn't even paid her any attention. Dahlia just couldn't understand how someone like Illyana could be so cruel all of a sudden, when they had spent an almost perfect afternoon together. Her eyes were full of resentment as she watched Illyana dismount Nocte, her features only softening when she caught Illyana glance at her. It was quick, but it hadn't gone unnoticed by the princess. She watched the knight commander walk off.

"Princess Dahlia, it's not polite to stare," Annalise cut in with her teasing tone. She stifled a chuckle with her hand and wrapped her free arm around Dahlia's shoulders. "Let's head inside...and if you don't want to talk to me about it then I won't pester you," Annalise said. She lead Dahlia around the back of the castle where they could safely get inside through the maid's quarters where there was little chance of being noticed by anyone important.

Ella happened to be inside at the time, and after seeing Dahlia coming through the maid's quarters with damp hair and no dress, she rushed over to aid her. "Princess! Let me help you," the handmaiden insisted. She didn't care about how or why Dahlia looked the way she did, but she wasn't going to let her go on like that.

"You two are such wonderful friends. Truly," Dahlia said, a hint of sadness in her voice. She looked down at the floorboards, counting the nails in the wood to keep herself occupied.

Ella gently took Dahlia's arm and sat her down on a bench in front of her bed, leaving enough space for Annalise to sit as well. She grabbed a throw blanket off her bed and wrapped it around Dahlia's shoulders. The handmaiden could sense the sadness radiating off of Dahlia, but she didn't want to intrude, though Dahlia often told Ella her deepest secrets without Ella asking. She didn't expect Dahlia to open up though, not with Annalise there. The blue haired girl supposedly had her sensitive side, but it was often lost in the way she teased Dahlia.

"Oh, Ella. You're so attentive." Annalise comments, causing Ella to glance away. She knew the shy girl wouldn't have much to say in her defense, since it was true. "Why don't you go and fetch Dahlia some tea, or something."

"No, Ella. It's quite alright. I should be heading to my room now," Dahlia adds, before Ella can do anything. She stands up and holds the blanket close, smiling at her handmaiden. "I'll be back to return your blanket, Ella. Thank you." Not wanting to linger any longer, Dahlia walks away from both Annalise and Ella, and heads to her room in the Knight's tower. Annalise joins her after a few seconds, but not before accidentally knocking over a tray in the maids quarters.

As Dahlia arrived in her room, she found a note on her dresser, addressed to Annalise. Annalise walked into the room just as Dahlia picked it up, and she held it out to the blue haired girl to take.

Annalise opened it and read the letter over quickly, then looked at Dahlia. "They've sent for me. My carriage should be here in less than an hour." Annalise sets the letter down, a smile on her face. "You'll be fine without me, yes? I know I've been teasing you so much lately, but you must know I don't mean anything by it." She smiles and walks over to the Dahlia's bed, taking a seat.

Dahlia wasn't saying much, and it was clear she was focused on other things, namely the Knight Commander. She could only muster a small smile in response to her friend.

"If it were me, I would make the knight commander chase after me. I wouldn't kiss her ever again if she ran off on me." Annalise crosses her ankles and leans back on the bed, inspecting her nails briefly. "But that's just me, Princess. You didn't ask for my advice, so I won't tell you how to live."

There was a knock on the door, and both Princesses looked over, before a certain purple haired maid stood in the doorway. She curtsied, then spoke. "Your carriage has arrived, Princess Annalise."

"So soon?" Annalise remarks, as she gets up off the bed.

Dahlia and Annalise head out of the the bedroom, making their way down to the courtyard where the carriage was waiting. "I've thought about what you said, Annalise," Dahlia says suddenly, causing Annalise to stop in her tracks. Annalise turns back and walks over to Dahlia, a curious look on her face. "I've decided to take your advice. I'm not going to kiss her again, or pay her any mind.." Dahlia whispers the last sentence, cautious of who may be listening.

"I knew you were more clever than you put on, my dear." Annalise replies, smiling. They exchange kisses on the cheek before Annalise boards her carriage, and takes off to Chrysalis.

It was bittersweet seeing her friend leave, but Dahlia was glad to have her space back to herself. She felt more confident in herself, and less hurt over what had transpired in the forest. She couldn't help but to wonder what the Knight Commander was up to, but she didn't feel so stressed thinking about it. With Annalise's carriage out of sight, Dahlia turned on her heel and made the journey back to her room in the Knight's Tower for a much needed nap.

~~~
Dahlia awoke the next morning with a sick feeling brewing in the pit of her stomach. She didn't feel like she was coming down with anything, but just the thought of seeing Illyana waiting outside her doorway made her anxious. She was devastated to think back on their kiss yesterday, which was unfortunate, since last night Dahlia was sure she was getting over the pale haired woman. It looked like it would be more difficult to forget about the woman than Dahlia had anticipated, especially since they were forced to spend their days together.

Dahlia glanced around the bedroom, noting the tray of food and hot tea. The sight repulsed her. She couldn't imagine holding any food down with the nauseating butterflies in her stomach. She turned her attention to the door leading into her bedroom. There Illyana was. The blonde didn't know how she would be able to face Illyana, but she knew it would be awkward. She had a lot of unresolved feelings about the whole incident, and resisting the urge to mention it would be difficult.

The only thing Dahlia could do was to pretend like nothing had happened, and that was exactly what she intended to do. Sliding out of bed, Dahlia went over to one of the new boxes, and picked out a new dress to wear. It was a very simple white and pink pinstripe dress, but like all of her clothes, very expensive looking. She brushed her hair and slid on some flats, then went over to the door. She inhaled a deep breath, and hesitantly pulled the latch on her door to open it.

Navy blue eyes stayed locked on the floor, cheeks rosy as she saw two feet turning to face her. Dahlia looked up, finally. Her face fell when her eyes landed on Sir William. That was not who she was expecting to see. The blush on Dahlia's cheeks deepened, this time from embarrassment and anger as she saw that Illyana was no where in sight.

"Might I ask what you're doing outside of my door, Sir William? I'd thought my father relieved you and Sir Jacob of your duties to me?" Dahlia said, lips pursing tightly and her arms folding over her chest.

Sir William stood up straight, his expression nervous as he noticed more rage from the young Princess than usual. He didn't remember her being this hostile, or her having this much bite when she spoke. "Lady Artania has requested some time off, M'lady. I will be taking over her duties for today, and possibly tomorrow."

"Coward..." Dahlia muttered, hands balling into fists.

"P-Pardon?" Sir William replied, eyebrows raising in surprise. "I'm sorry if I did anything to offend you, Princess Dahlia. I'm only following orders. You must understand."

"You stay here. I'm going to have a word with your commander," Dahlia said, before storming off down the hall in search of Illyana. The first place she decided to look was Illyana's room, and since it was the closest to her it made the most sense. She knocked on the Knight Commander's door, and waited for a response.​

• Love
Illyana sighed softly as she looked up at the blue sky. She'd woken early that morning, as was her routine that she just couldn't seem to break, and groaned when she realized she hadn't actually needed to rise with the sun. Still, she decided to be productive and made her way down to the stables in her casual attire (a gray tunic and black pants) to spend some time with Nocte. It seemed she only saw him when she was on duty, but she often forgot that Nocte was more than just a mount, he was her pet, a beloved one at that. And that's how she found herself lying in the pasture near the forest, under a large tree with a piece of grass hanging from her lips.

There were a few other horses in the large paddock with Nocte, but he definitely stood out on a sunny day like this. His coat was shining, but he was so dark he looked like a void misplaced in a peaceful meadow. The other chestnut, bays, and paint horses paled in comparison to him. All except Lumina, of course. Her coat was the exact opposite of Nocte as it glistened brightly under the sun's warm rays. She was almost too bright to look at for too long, and yet, she and Nocte seemed to be the best of friends. Grazing lazily together not too far from Illyana's boots.

"Is this what you do all day, you lazy beast?" The knight smirked as Nocte just continued to graze. It was odd for her to have time to herself, she hadn't had it in so long that she wasn't really sure what to do. She didn't really enjoy shopping, and she didn't really have too many friends that were free to do what they wish. They all had duties that could not be ignored just because Illyana had the day off.

So instead, she decided to take Cortana's advice and relax as much as possible, which she found was only possible when she was away from the castle. The knight rose from her resting spot, brushing her pants and shirt free of the grass that Nocte would drop every so often when he would walk over and nudge her, as if to make sure she wasn't hording any treats from him. Illyana gently patted the horse's forehead before walking off towards the barn. Nocte followed her for a few steps before realizing she indeed did not have an apple for her, then turned around to join Lumina again under the tree.

"I'm quite boring, now that I think of it." The Knight Commander chuckled to herself as she passed through the stable and out into the courtyard. "What should I do with myself?" Since she had so much time, Illyana just settled for a walk. The Royal Garden seemed like the perfect place for that. As she made her way around the castle to the back where the garden was, she found her mind wandering to Dahlia, and poor William. A small smirk grew on her lips as she thought of William being bossed around by the young princess. Then she wondered what the princess would be doing at that moment.

That thought alone though caused her to frown. She shouldn't be thinking of Dahlia at a time like this. After such a gross invasion of the princess's personal space, she shouldn't be wondering anything that involved Dahlia besides her protection, and she was protected. Illyana's eyes narrowed as she reached the garden. She paused only for a moment, should she walk the rose garden or make her way through the hedge maze? The maze. It was a fitting analogy for her inner turmoil with her current situation. So she entered the maze, not really knowing how to get out exactly, but she was a resourceful woman. She was sure she wouldn't get too lost.

• Love
Dahlia's fists loosened and her shoulders relaxed as several minutes had passed. It was unclear whether the knight commander was simply ignoring her, or just not in, but Dahlia already felt herself losing her mind trying to figure it out. She relieved an exasperated sigh, then started back down the hall towards where William had been left waiting.

"On second thought," Dahlia said quietly, coming to stop before she turned the corner to meet with her appointed guard. If Sir William was silly enough to wait around, then Dahlia intended to take advantage of her 'free' time. She turned elegantly on her heel, then walked down one of the less traveled corridors in the castle. It was less traveled because it lead to Dahlia's old chambers, but since she hadn't been living there, the only people who ever went up there were workers. Still, for some reason Dahlia felt compelled to go up for a visit. She hadn't seen any of the new improvements, and she was eager to see just what they had spent all that time doing.

Dahlia traveled up the newly repaired stairs leading up to her bedroom, dodging several workers on the way there. She didn't pay them any mind as she opened the door to her old chambers. There were men working away, but Dahlia was surprised to see the hole in her wall had been repaired, and her furniture had all been replaced. She gasped as her eyes settled on the newly completed balcony. The workers stopped what they were doing when they heard a small gasp, Dahlia blushing as more than several pairs of eyes settled on her.

"Oh! Don't mind me," Dahlia said, smiling as she gave each of them a look over. "I'll just be taking a little tour of my new room. It's absolutely beautiful," she said, gloved hand trailing along the wall as she traveled onto the balcony. There, she could look down and see the beautiful rose garden and hedge maze in the backyard.

Navy blue eyes scanned below, double taking as a flash of silver glistened in the sunlight. Dahlia had almost forgotten the knight commander, but here she was, wandering around the maze, like a lost puppy. "Hmph." The Princess folded her arms across her chest, an inquisitive look on her face. She turned around suddenly and sped out of her chambers, heading down the stairs and halls in a storm of pink pinstripes.

Dahlia reached the doors leading out into the garden in record time, the urge to confront Illyana strong as she burst into the fresh air. To onlookers the princess may have looked eager to see her garden. It was a different story, though, as she was actually shaking in her heels as she headed into the deep maze. She knew it like the back of her hand, but now that she was actually inside of the maze, she made it a point to go in the opposite direction that she had last seen Illyana. Her fire had died down, replaced with confusion and fear. It wasn't too late to turn back, but a part of her did hope to see Illyana sooner or later.​

• Love
Illyana made her way through the hedge maze lazily, in no rush to get out as her mind began to wander. Her eyes glanced up to the sky as she found herself in the center of the maze. There was a large fountain that was flowing sparkling water down into a pool where multicolored fish swam underneath the clear surface. The knight sighed softly as she went and sat down on the edge of the stone pool, eyes watching the fish swim languidly in the cool water.

"What a carefree life you all live." Illyana let her hand skim the surface of the water as the fish, thinking they were going to be fed, swam up to test if her hand was edible. The knight didn't flinch, knowing that no harm would come from them. It had taken several years to hone her mind to think that way. Some people couldn't help but react, even if they knew what was coming wasn't threatening. She sighed again, running her hand over the surface slowly and feeling the cool water glide under her palm.

It was strange. Illyana couldn't remember having this much free time to do what she wished. Ever since she'd joined the military as a knight, her life had been filled with training and battle, then with the princess. The knight furrowed her brow then. "Dahlia." The name was whispered from Illyana's lips as she closed her eyes, exhaling slowly as the warmth returned to her chest with just the utterance of the princess's name. The feeling was clear as the starlit sky on a cold night, so plainly obvious that Illyana was positive something else was at play here.

"It can't be that..." She muttered as she splashed the surface of the water before hearing footsteps approach her position. She turned towards the path she'd just come from and waited for whomever was approaching to show themselves.

• Love
Dahlia wandered around a bit, but it wasn't long before she had made the decision to head in the direction where Illyana was last spotted. It only took a few short minutes for her to traverse the hedge maze. Call it intuition, or perhaps paranoia, but Dahlia felt that Illyana had already been expecting her. She paused just before the maze opened up into the area leading into the fountain, and inhaled a deep breath.

With a quiet exhale, Dahlia stepped forward to reveal herself. She planted her hands firmly on her hips, a familiar smile on her face as she prepared to make some witty remark. "So, this is where Lunaria's famous dragon slayer likes to take her vacations," Dahlia asks, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

The knight commander looked the same as before, but it was one of those rare occasions that Dahlia had the opportunity to see Illyana in civilian clothes. She really was upset with Illyana, but being near her again brought up those confusing feelings. There was very little Dahlia could about them, though.

"You would think that after a lovely picnic on the lake that you'd be well rested, but I suppose not." Dahlia says, her arms now folded across her chest. "Never mind then. It works out for me, doesn't it? Neither of your comrades can keep an eye on me, so I guess you've given me a bit of freedom for the next couple of days."

• Love
Illyana wasn't surprised when Dahlia emerged from the path that let back towards the entrance of the maze. She knew someone was making their way through, but she had a nagging suspicion it had been the young princess. Still, the knight couldn't help but be on guard after yesterday. And she was fighting the feelings that were welling up in chest, threatening to escape past her lips. The knight wouldn't act the way she had yesterday, it was against her code as a knight, as well as her own moral reasoning.

"In all honesty, Majesty," The Knight Commander sighed as she stood and folded her arms across her chest. "I wouldn't consider this much of a vacation. I'd consider it more a...respite. I'd imagine when one takes a vacation it's much more enjoyable than what I'm experiencing."

Of course Illyana noticed that William wasn't with the princess, she assumed so much and expected it really. William, though a dependable and fierce warrior in battle, was a bit timid with women. Put him in charge of a princess and you'd might as well ask him to babysit a mountain troll. Another sigh escaped the knight's lips as she brought her hand up to massage her forehead. It wasn't her responsibility today. She was supposed to relax, as per Cortana's orders, regardless of a headstrong princess.

"Forgive me, Princess," Illyana bowed her head slightly before looking Dahlia in the eyes. "I must apologize for my abhorrent behavior yesterday. I lost myself for a moment, and as...enjoyable as it was," She was blushing. "It will not happen again."

Illyana cleared her throat before looking away from dark blue eyes. As bad as she felt for kissing Dahlia, she did not regret it, per se. If anything she just regretted the circumstance of it all. Had she been born a duchess or princess, kissing Dahlia would've been nothing more than a stolen kiss between potential lovers. But that wasn't Illyana's case. She was only a knight with no prestige or nobility to her name. Other than the fact that she was the Knight Commander and now, famous Dragon Slayer.

"Do try and not give William such a difficult time." Illyana added as she glanced back at Dahlia again before turning back towards the fountain and watching the fish. "He is doing a favor for me and he could've refused. He's only following orders."

Again, Illyana felt the familiar warmth, and because if it, she had to look away from the princess. It was too much and something had to have been wrong with her to feel this way. The hallucinations had to be tied to this false sense of affection she was experiencing. That had to be the reasonable explanation. Maybe she needed to leave the castle grounds all together to clear her mind. That might be the only remedy to put an end to the constant distraction when Dahlia was around.

"I do hope you have a good day, your Majesty." Illyana turned back towards Dahlia, bringing her hand up over her heart before she bowed low at the waist. "I'm sure it will be that much better without me around."

Last edited:
  • Love

Dahlia's sassy attitude didn't warrant the best response, but somehow the Knight Commander always remained calm with Dahlia. She listened to Illyana's apology, oddly satisfied as the Knight commander blushed. Dahlia expected the kiss was something Illyana didn't want to linger on, but knowing that Illyana had enjoyed it did wonders for her mood. What it meant for the two of them was a mystery, but the worries and insecurities had subsided for the most part.

Dahlia didn't even think about the consequences that would come off any sort of relationship with Illyana, but the visions she had of the two of them made it difficult not to pursue it. Dahlia couldn't just let her walk off, not when she had spent all that time looking around for her. "Illyana, w-wait," Dahlia said suddenly. She covered her lips with a gloved hand, blushing as she caught Illyana's attention.

"I..." The Princess tensed, unsure of what to say. The fear of rejection was still lingering in the back of Dahlia's mind, as well as her promise to Annalise about staying away from the Knight Commander. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, too." She sighed softly, walked towards the fountain and taking a seat along the edge.​

• Love