Past the Point of No Return saberwolf || Sailor Moon

It was strange having the Princess living in the Knight's Tower. And not just to Illyana, to the other knights as well. They were all on edge, on account of having to act proper with the young woman who was now accommodating their living quarters. At least it wasn't the entire military, just the few knights that were priviliged enough to live in the castle, or that attended court. That was one thing the Knight Commander was thankful she didn't absolutely have to do. Court was a privilige, and she was invited to the feasts and political gatherings, but they weren't her normality. She was a soldier first and foremost, not a politician.

On this particular afternoon, the knight was taking full advantage of her down time before the celebration the next day and spending her time bathing Nocte. He'd been out to pasture the past few days since Illyana hadn't been on duty due to her injury that was healing rapidly. The black horse snorted as Illyana rinsed the left over suds from his coat and pawed the ground anxiously.

"And whose fault is it that your fur is matted with mud?" The knight sighed as she began running a brush over his wet coat, flicking off the left over specks of dirt that had survived the bath. "It's like you've never seen dirt before when you get turned out to pasture." Nocte tossed his head a few times before Illyana began running a cloth to dry his coat. She noticed the stable hands rushing around and leading two golden horses from the stalls. Someone must've been going on an outting, the golden palominos were designated for pulling the carriages that left the castle grounds. While she was wiping down her horse's legs, she caught the flash of blonde to her left. She turned just in time to see the Princess, along with her hand maiden Ella, stepping into the carriage before it sped off.

And it didn't get past the knight that the Princess had no guard with her, other than the foot man that rode on the back of the carriage who had minimal defensive training. The Knight Commander sighed as she watched the carriage pass through the castle gates and then at her still damp steed. She sook her head before untying Nocte and leading him back into the stables. "At least you'll stay clean for a while." Nocte didn't seem to care much as he began munching on the bucket of oats in the corner of his stall.

"Lady Artania." The knight turned to see a middle aged woman with her grey hair done up in an elegant bun. "I've been looking for you. I'm the royal tailor, I've come to have you pick out what I've prepared for you to wear to the celebration tomorrow."

Illyana was not prepared for this, she had planned to just wear her casual clothes, but apparently she wasn't allowed when she was the guest of honor. "Come along now, my Lady, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the choices I've come up with."

"I sure hope so."
The Knight Commander followed the woman back into the castle and up to the Knight's Tower. When the two entered her chambers, there were two manequins sitting idle in the middle of her foyer. One held a blue doublet, the color of Lunaria's flags. The other, very similar, but black leather with three straps that went across the front.

"How do you like them, Knight Commander?" The tailor stood by the door with a calm smile on her face as Illyana inspected the garments. "I've crafted them with a bit of extra room in the arms so the sleeves won't bunch, and other than the leather, they're very breathable."

"You've outdone yourself, Madame." Illyana answered as she stopped circling the doublets and offered the woman a small smile. "The kingdom is lucky to have such a talented seamstress." The Knight Commander nodded to herself as she decided on which one she would wear to the celebration the next day. "Thank you, Madame, I've made my decision."

x-x
The next day seemed to speed by. The Knight Commander woke and bathed before checking on Jacob like she always did. The young man was recovering steadily, but was still confined until Lady Ashera assured that his lungs would be able to handle him doing anything other than walking. It was late afternoon now and Illyana was in her room brooding, as it would seem. It's not that she didn't like feasts or balls or anything of that sort, but she disliked being around large groups of people.

Though her new duties to Dahlia hadn't started yet since she was staying in the Knight's Tower, and William had been trying his best to keep an eye on her while keeping a distance, she wasn't exactly looking forward to being glued to the Princess's side. Her Majesty didn't want it, and that alone would make the task very difficult. But the matter at hand was that Illyana was supposed to be changing into her formal attire and readying herself to greet a many number of nobles in just an hour. Guests always arrived early to mingle before the feats and festivities actually began.

The knight changed quickly, slipping the black doublet over her shoulders and fastening the buttons before giving it a swift tug down then rolling her shoulders. The doublet fit exceptionally and Illyana was pleased as she fastened her belt that held her decorative, yet lethal sword at her left hip. Her boots had been shined to a reflective surface and she finished the ensemble with her knight's shoulder cape that draped elegantly of her right shoulder.

She examined herself in the mirror before sighing and pulled on a pair of black riding gloves before giving her reflection another once over. Her hair had been bound back into a low ponytail that kept most of it out of her face and eyes which made her appearance seem sleeker. With one final breath, Illyana exited her chambers and made her way down into the courtyard.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: envogue
The two did not return to the castle until late into the evening, just as Dahlia had planned. Their arms were full of elegantly wrapped boxes, and behind them were two random civilians who Dahlia hired on the spot to assist them in carrying their things inside. She stopped them outside of her bedroom in the knight's tower, suggesting they just drop the things off before anyone caught sight of them. The last thing she needed was to be scolded by the king, or the knight commander for leaving the castle grounds unattended and hiring strangers.

Dahlia shrugged her shoulders, putting the thought out of her mind. Her attention shifted to all of the new things she had bought, and then remembered the upcoming feast tomorrow. She would need her beauty rest and energy to entertain the nobles, so she readied for bed. Afterwards, Dahlia set herself up with her sketchpad and colored pencils until she felt herself growing tired.

~~~

Dahlia awoke late in the morning to a small knock at the door, and lifted her head slightly off the pillow. "Come in," she said sleepily, before plopping her head back down. There was a slight creak at the door as Ella entered the bedroom, hands full with a silver tray of breakfast foods. The Princess did her usual routine of pulling the covers over her head and curling into a ball, but Ella knew just how to get her out of bed.

Ella set the tray down on top of a nightstand and then walked over to the window, where thick curtains blocked out the sunlight. "Princess," Ella said, as she snapped open the curtains. "It's time to wake up. Your attendance is required at the feast, and you're already running late."

The thin comforter was no match for the sun beams that shot into the room, driving Dahlia out from under the blanket with a light scream. Dahlia sat up in bed, lips in a pout and her hair all over the place. She looked over sullenly at the tray of the food and grabbed a small cheese cube. "We can always afford to be fashionably late, Ella." Dahlia mumbled over a cheese cube, and then slipping out of bed. She stretched her arms high above her head, a smile on her lips as they dropped back to her side.

"I'm not sure what to wear," Dahlia said quietly, taking the lid off a box and peering inside at the contents. She did that to a few more boxes before sighing, exhausted.

"What about this?" Ella chimed in, holding up a white dress. Ella knew Dahlia well, and had been shopping with her enough to know what the princess would and wouldn't approve of.

The Princess looked at it for a moment, arms folding as she inspected it. She hummed, face flat before taking it from Ella. "I suppose this will do, Ella." Dahlia said, a smile growing on her face. The more she looked at it, the more eager she grew for the event. She was sure everyone was already down in the courtyard, but that only excited her. She slipped out of her night gown, and gestured for Ella to assist her with her corset. Dahlia slipped into her dress afterwards, then did a twirl in front of the mirror. It wasn't very fluffy like the dresses in fashion as of late, but had a long train instead that flowed behind her.

"I've come out of this dragon attack looking more like myself than before," Dahlia remarked, as she went to sit down at a small vanity tucked away in the corner of her room. She looked lost for a moment, unsure of what to do with her hair or of the accessory to choose since most of her belongings had been burned or lost. She frowned, taking her locket and fastening it around her neck.

Ella, seeing the dilemma, opened up a bag of ribbon and retrieved a thick white ribbon. She tied the upper half of Dahlia's hair up with it and fashioned the ribbon into a bow, leaving the rest to fall and blend seamlessly into the bottom portion. Judging by Dahlia's reflection in the mirror, she seemed pleased with it. "All done, Princess," Ella says with a smile, placing her hands on Dahlia's shoulders and giving a reassuring squeeze. The handmaiden found a strange joy in assisting the Princess, something she couldn't quite explain.

Dahlia stood up from the vanity, her smile remaining as she put on a pair of ballet flats. She turned to leave, then stopped in her tracks and looked to Ella. "Thank you, Ella. You really are my best friend," Dahlia smirks and kisses the purple haired girl on the cheek. Without another word, Dahlia turns and leaves the room in somewhat of a rush.

Ella stood there minutes after, her face red and a hand pressed to the spot on her cheek that the Princess had kissed. She never imagined that the princess considered her a bestfriend, but she was overjoyed to know it.

~~~

The festivities had already begun and Dahlia appeared to be the last one to arrive. Her father, the soldiers, and some of the more notable civilians were already there, mingling around the courtyard, which had been decorated beautifully to accommodate for the event. There was a small symphony playing in the courtyard, alternating between merry and classical music. Naturally, some of attendees eyes were drawn to her, but she pretended not to notice and turned her head in the opposite direction, where she noticed a familiar head of blue hair.

Dahlia's face lit up as she spotted her friend standing near a bush of roses. She started to walk over to the woman, and on the way had caught her eye as well. "Princess Annalise, it's been far too long." Dahlia said sweetly. Their hands found each other's and the both of them exchanged kisses on the cheek.

"Princess Dahlia, you look lovely. How have you been, my dear? After word of the dragon attack reached Crysalis I feared you may have been injured, but there isn't a scratch on you." Annalise asks as she twirls a strand of Dahlia's hair around her finger playfully.
Annalise was one of Dahlia's closest friends. She was several years older than Dahlia, and had far more life experience than her. She was daring, charming, and seductive, and Dahlia saw her as sort of a big sister. Her one green eye and one blue eye was intriguing to many, with some even thinking she was a sorceress and that she could hypnotize you if you stared too long.

"I've been okay," The princess replied, a sad tone to her voice. "I've just been a little down after my father assigned three meatheads to be my bodyguard, but after the attack on the castle he's relieved two of them of their duty and made her my personal bodyguard. Thankfully I haven't seen much of her with the construction going on at the castle, but they've forced me to downgrade to the knight's tower." Dahlia said, her voice low as to keep it between the two of them. "I guess I should be grateful she saved my life, but..."

"The horror you've suffered, Princess." Annalise replied coolly, as she watched people enter the courtyard. "Oh my..." Annalise said quietly as something, or someone caught her attention.

"What?" Dahlia asked, curious as she followed Annalise's line of sight. Her face twisted into a scowl as it landed on the the knight commander, though it faded as she noted how different she looked in her new attire. Her voice caught in her throat as she studied the woman. She forced herself to look away before someone noticed. "Annalise, stop staring at her. I don't want to draw her attention." Dahlia grabbed her friend's arm and turned her away from Illyana, though Annalise was stubborn in looking away.

"Oh, but let her see. Let her know that I'm loving everything from this view," Annalise teased, hoping to drawthe knight commander's attention. "You really are a lucky girl, Dahlia. I'd love to have her as my personal bodyguard." She said with a smirk, taking Dahlia's arm and leading her in the knight commander's general direction before Dahlia could protest. "Maybe we should be introduced?"

"No, Annalise. We don't speak, unless we need to," Dahlia said softly. She would have slapped Annalise's hand away, but there were enough people watching that Dahlia would behave herself.

As they neared the knight commander, Annalise stuck her foot out and pushed an unsuspecting Dahlia forward, causing her to trip. Annalise smirked faintly as Dahlia stumbled straight into the guest of honor. It could have been worse. Annalise thought to herself. She walked over to where Dahlia had fallen, a concerned look on her face as she approached the knight commander and whoever else was in her company. "Princess, are you alright?" she asks innocently.

Annalise

a2afb17fd0a1cd984e96488d6be2af82_bp.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Saber
Illyana despised large crowds of people. Especially large crowds of nobility. The knight was walking around the extravagantly decorated court yard and greeting the people as they approached her. Most people only wanted to talk to her about the dragon attack or the Battle of Helphin, which she was famous for. It was only an hour into the celebration and she'd spoken to numerous dukes and duchesses, as well as a few ambassadors. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until the Duke of Ridgemoore, Elric Roh and his fiance arrived.

The knight paused as her gaze fell upon the couple, more specifically, Roh's fiance, and Illyana's ex-girlfriend, Lyra Kane. "I don't know why I thought they wouldn't be here." Illyana cursed to herself and she moved away from the couple as they stopped to greet the king. She made her way over to where refreshments were being served and grabbed a goblet full of red wine. It was a celebration after all, she might as well celebrate. As she took a large drink from the metal goblet, she looked around again for Duke Roh.

"Lady Artania." Illyana tensed as she heard the familiar voice behind her and turned to look into the eyes of the woman she'd been trying to avoid. "Are you trying to avoid me?" The knight offered a small grin before shaking her head, even though Lyra's statement was true.

"Miss Kane." Illyana bowed slightly to the shorter woman, who curtsied back politely. "You're looking well, how is your fiance?" The knight saw Lyra's features falter slightly as the woman lowered her gaze and smiled.

"He's doing well, Elric is rather enthralled with the story of how you fought off the dragon." Lyra smiled kindly before moving next to Illyana and taking a goblet of wine for herself. "Did you actually cut out one of its teeth?" The Knight Commander chuckled before drinking from her goblet again and addressing Lyra.

"I'm afraid the story got a bit skewed." Illyana continued to tell the tale of how she'd fought the dragon, but giving credit where it was due to the other soldier and guards. "It really wasn't all that exciting as the stories you've heard." Lyra smiled as she drank the wine and Illyana sighed, looking through the crowd. "How've you been, Lyra?"

It had been half a year since Illyana had spoken, or even seen Lyra. It wasn't out of malice or malcontent that she never saw her ex, but more so out of courtesy. Shortly after their break up, Duke Roh had come courting Lyra and Illyana thought it best to stay away from her. Still, she couldn't lie and say she didn't miss Lyra.

"I've been well, Elric is a good man. I'm never left wanting anything." Illyana nodded as she looked down at her goblet that was almost empty. It was a bit awkward speaking with Lyra again, but at the same time, the knight enjoyed it. "What about you, Knight Commander? Surely you have women seeking you out?"

"You'd be surprised." Illyana answered as she drank the rest of her wine and signaled for the man to refill it. "I hardly find the time to leave the castle. Wasn't that what ruined us?" Lyra stayed silent as she looked down at her goblet. It was the truth, Illyana's lack of free time after moving onto the castle grounds was one of the factors as to why they had ended their relationship.

"Illyana..." The brunette looked up at the knight with pleading eyes. Illyana could still see the hurt in Lyra's caramel eyes, but she couldn't act like she did. It was best for Lyra's future if she married Duke Roh.

Before Lyra could say anymore, she looked past Illyana and the knight turned to follow her gaze, just in time to catch a falling princess. As Illyana dipped to catch Dahlia as she was falling, she noticed another woman with long, light blue hair. The woman was wearing a very satisfied smile as she moved forward and asked if Dahlia was all right.

"Are you ok, Majesty?" Illyana asked as she looked down at the blonde who was still in her arms. For a moment, Lyra was forgotten and the Knight Commander began to wonder what had caused the Princess to fall in the first place.

Lyra
lyra.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia gasped softly as her foot hooked on Annalise's, and she was sent falling forward into whoever, or whatever was in the way. She hit a body, that much was obvious as strong arms supported her frame. Her eyes had been closed for the collision, but she preferred not to see the fool she had been made of in front of all these people.

Hearing Annalise's voice, Dahlia glanced over her shoulder with a scowl. She parted her lips to speak, and then froze when she heard Illyana's voice from above. The poor princess about died right there, as she realized whose arms she was in. "I-" Dahlia began, her palm going to her forehead as she glanced up at the knight commander. She blushed furiously, unable to move or say anything.

"The princess was just telling me of how she was feeling lightheaded, when she fainted suddenly." Annalise spoke up, finishing Dahlia's sentence for her. "Princess Annalise of Crysalis, pleased to meet you, Knight Commander," She said smoothly, curtsying to the knight commander and her company. "I can't imagine what would have become of my precious Dahlia had you not been standing there to catch her."

Dahlia was obviously too stunned to say anything, so she allowed Annalise to get what she came for, or to at least try. Instead, she looked to the brunette woman standing near Illyana. She looked irritated, and Dahlia wondered if she had interrupted something. The woman seemed oddly familiar to Dahlia, but she couldn't remember where she had seen her. There was some serious tension between the two of them, Dahlia could tell that much.

"Forgive me, Knight Commander. I didn't mean to intrude," Dahlia adds, standing on her own two feet with more stability than before. She took a step back, dropping her hands from Illyana's sides.

"Nonsense, Princess. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to hold you?" Annalise teases, a subtle, smug look on her face. She had more fun flustering Dahlia than she did hunting down new prospects.

Dahlia laughs nervously, heat rising to her cheeks. "Annalise, always the jester, aren't you?" She asks, and then glances towards the brunette woman. A thought occurs to her, and she quickly shifts the subject onto the knight commander "Illyana, you haven't introduced us to your friend, have you? Where are your manners?"

• Love
Illyana was still holding the princess as Annalise introduced herself. The Knight Commander knew there was always a chance for visiting royals to show up at these types of things, but she didn't expect to meet any. "A pleasure to meet you, Princess Annalise." Illyana greeted as she bowed her head. She felt Dahlia stand up up on her own and apologize for her interruption. She stayed silent as Annalise and Dahlia bantered back and forth.

The Knight Commander glanced at Lyra, who looked irritated by the intrusion, before hearing Dahlia ask about the woman standing next to her. "Forgive me, Majesty," She stepped aside to give them a better view of Lyra. "This is Lady Lyra Kane, she's a childhood friend of mine." Illyana heard Lyra scoff slightly before she curtsied to the princesses.

"Illyana is being modest," Lyra added and the knight was surprised to hear her first name leave Lyra's lips again. "We courted for a while before she took permanent residence at the castle. Though we have known each other since childhood." Illyana sighed as she looked down at her boots, this was a slightly awkward subject to speak about, especially in front of two princesses. Also because Lyra seemed to be offended that Illyana hadn't mentioned their courting despite the fact that she was engaged.

"I didn't think that was relevant information, Lady Kane." Illyana answered as she cleared her throat. "Since that was in the past and you're currently engaged to Duke Roh." Green eyes glanced down at Lyra and she looked back with a bit of malice in her gaze. The knight wouldn't deny that she thought Lyra Kane was the love of her life. They'd grown up together, known everything about one another, and could always comfort each other in times of despair.

But Lyra deserved more in her life, in Illyana's views. While they were courting, Illyana had only been a foot soldier turned knight and didn't make a decent wage. When she was promoted to Knight Commander, she thought all their issues would be solved, but then she had been conscripted to live at the castle. That's when the problems had started. The couple barely saw each other and Lyra demanded Illyana give up her position as Knight Commander so she could see more of her, which Illyana wasn't willing to do.

The Knight Commander had worked most of her life to get to where she was, and she wasn't about to give it up because the woman she was courting wasn't happy seeing her for only a couple days a week. That's when she started to realize maybe she couldn't give Lyra everything she wanted and that they both had different goals in their lives. But that doesn't mean that the feelings faded as fast as their relationship.

Illyana drank the wine in her goblet in one drink before focusing back on the conversation. Lyra was almost staring down Dahlia and the knight could feel the tension rolling from the woman next to her. On top of all that, she could feel the wine starting to work its way through her system and she was a bit happy as her mind started to relax. Being around Lyra had been too much, seeing her again stirred up old feelings she'd tried to ignore and she wasn't about to let them surface again.

"Would you do me the honor of a dance, Princess Dahlia?" The knight bowed and extended her hand as a slow, steady melody filled the air from the musicians provided at the celebration. Illyana wasn't sure where her courage came from, but all she knew is that she didn't want to be in Lyra's presence much longer.

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia accepted Illyana's answer about Lyra being a childhood friend with a smile, but Annalise was more skeptical. She had had her share of love affairs, and she could tell that they had interrupted some sort of lover's quarrel. When Lyra spoke up and corrected the knight commander, she had confirmed Annalise's thoughts. There was a slight smirk on her face, but she remained silent on the subject. Dahlia was silent as well, but she was blushing at the idea of Illyana having been intimate with...Well, anyone.

Dahlia often forgot that Illyana was her own separate person, with feelings and a love life of her own. As she was dwelling on this fact, she almost missed Illyana asking her out to dance. The Princess looked up wide eyed, unsure of if she had heard the knight commander right. "Um." Dahlia shifted her gaze towards Lyra, who was red in the face, then to Annalise. While she was usually inconsiderate of other's feelings, Lyra was engaged to a Duke and that meant potentially seeing more of her than she wanted. On one hand, Dahlia couldn't ignore that Illyana looked handsome, and her interest in the woman as more than a meathead had suddenly been piqued.

Annalise's smirk grew seeing Dahlia at a loss for words, which very rarely happened to the Princess. She had her eyes set on the knight commander, but she wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to see Dahlia flustered or dancing with an attractive woman. While same sex romances weren't frowned upon in Lunaria, it was still out of the norm.

"I-I would be delighted, Lady Artania." Dahlia replied, taking the woman's hand with a bow. She hadn't ever danced with a woman before as more than just a good time, and this felt more serious than that. Was she supposed to lead, or was Illyana going to? So many questions that Dahlia wanted answered, but she hated to look inexperienced, especially dancing with the guest of honor. No doubt others had their eyes on the couple as they took the dance floor.

Standing up straight, Dahlia put a hand on Illyana's waist nervously and raised her other hand for her to take. She had never danced lead before, and it was nerve wracking to say the least. As Princess, Dahlia felt it was her duty to take the lead since they were both women and Dahlia had a much higher status.

Annalise watched from afar as Illyana and Dahlia hit the dance floor, and shook her head with a sigh when she saw Dahlia attempting to take the lead. Though Princess Dahlia didn't look it, she was much more innocent and naive then she came off, which Annalise found amusing. She turned to Lyra to gauge her reaction, then smiled warmly. "It must be hard, dear, to see the Knight Commander dancing with Princess Dahlia. Will you be alright?"

• Love
The knight glanced back at Lyra with Princess Annalise as she led Dahlia towards the dance the other dancing couples. She tensed when she felt the Princess's hand on her waist and the shorter blonde tried to lead. Illyana found it amusing as she let the princess lead for the moment. It wasn't hard to see that Dahlia was a bit uncertain of her choice to take control, but she was a princess and Illyana was sure that she felt it was her responsibility to do so.

After a few moments, Illyana finally decided to relieve Dahlia of leading with a chuckle. "Here, your Majesty," Illyana moved Dahlia's hand that was on her waist up to her shoulder and replaced it with her own. "Allow me to lead." The knight rested her hand delicately, but firm enough to move Dahlia's body to the rhythm that was being played. She pulled the Princess a little closer as they twirled. The other dancing couples were watching the Princess and Illyana dance, and gradually, they moved away so they could get a better look.

Illyana wasn't nervous about dancing, when she was first knighted there was a ball in celebration and Cortana had shown her how to move to the beat so she wouldn't make a fool of herself. And a waltz was hardly anything to get too worked up over. The lessons were never wasted it seemed as Dahlia and Illyana moved gracefully to the music that filled the air. But this was the first time that Illyana had danced with someone of such prestige. Normally it was a village girl or a woman of no renown that would end up in the knight's arms.

"Forgive me, Princess," Illyana bowed her head slightly as they continued to dance, the knight ignoring the growing crowd of people viewing the spectacle. "I'm afraid I've failed to notice how lovely you look tonight until just now. You'll forgive me, won't you? My mind has been rather...occupied with the whole idea of a celebration in my honor. I can't deny I'm a bit overwhelmed with it all. And for nothing but doing my duty."

x--x
Lyra watched as Illyana led the Princess of Lunaria towards the rest of the dancing guests near the band. There was a small pang of jealousy when the knight had referred to her as just a childhood friend. Was that all their relationship had meant to her? The brunette snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the Princess Annalise speaking to her.

"I'll be fine, your Majesty." Lyra bowed her head to the princess next to her while trying to keep a calm expression on her face. "Lady Artania is allowed to dance with whomever she pleases. Although she was a bit bold asking the Princess of Lunaria to dance, in my opinion. What do you think, Princess?"

The brunette had been truthful, she would be fine, but it did cause a strange itch in the back of her mind. She and Illyana may not have worked out, but that certainly didn't mean she didn't love the knight. But she was engaged to the duke now, she had no reason to be jealous of who Illyana decided to give her time to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia was suddenly relieved when Illyana took the lead, though she couldn't help feeling slightly embarrassed at the sudden closeness between the two of them. It caused a light flush of pink on her cheeks as they moved gracefully along the dance floor. She took notice of how well Illyana moved, which was uncommon for someone of Illyana's status. Normally Dahlia wouldn't feel so flustered over a simple dance, but there was something...different about this. Perhaps that everyone had stopped to stare at the couple as they danced, or that Illyana looked strangely attractive to the princess.

"Huh?" Dahlia replied suddenly, lost in thought as Illyana continued to lead her to the music. The faint tinge of pink on her cheeks deepened as she realized what Illyana had just said. "Th-thank you." Dahlia replied quietly. She cleared her throat silently, then began to speak. "I have to admit, you clean up well, Knight Commander. So I suppose I can forgive you...just this once." She said, smirking at the knight commander. A sense of familiarity filled the princess as Illyana opened up to her, and she tried to ignore the feeling in the pit of her stomach. "Yes... Well, I don't think nearly slaying dragons was in the job description. You did very well, however, so enjoy the celebration..."

The princess glanced away momentarily, a knot forming in her throat as she thought back to the dragon attack. "There is something I feel I should apologize for, Knight Commander. I'm partly responsible for Jacob being injured that day, and I'm really sorry that he was hurt." It wasn't often that the princess sat down and reflected on her actions, but what happened to Jacob haunted her. She couldn't easily forget the sight of seeing his body flying across her room.

~~~

"Excellent," Annalise replied, her eyes continuing to observe Dahlia and Illyana as they danced. She was almost envious of Dahlia for a moment, but she had practically pushed her into the knight commander's arms. On the bright side, she got to see Lyra's reactions to all of it. An innocent smile graced her lips, and she turned to face Lyra. "Very bold indeed, Lady Kane. I'm very much in agreement with you there." She turned so that she was facing the dance floor once more, her arms folding underneath her bust casually. "But, Lady Artania is not at fault for aiming higher. She should want the very best for herself, whether that be clothes, food, or women... It doesn't get much better than a Princess, does it, my dear?" Annalise asked, eyes locked with Lyra's. She loved to ruffle feathers, especially where love was involved.​

• Love
The Knight Commander was surprised when Dahlia apologized for Jacob's injuries, even though it wasn't really her responsibility. "I'm sure Jacob would feel appreciative of your apology, Majesty, but he knew the risks of our position. We've all taken an oath to give our lives if necessary for your protection." Illyana knew she wasn't being very empathetic, but it was all true. If Jacob wasn't ready to risk his well being for Dahlia, he wouldn't have gone after her.

The couple continued to dance as the music changed to a slower melody and Illyana adjusted her movements accordingly. The princess moved gracefully, which was expected due to her status, but the knight was still pleased with how light on her feet Dahlia was. Illyana knew people were still watching and she tried her best to ignore it. Despite her past with Dahlia, she was enjoying herself and she didn't really want to let anyone or anything take away from it.

As they continued to dance, the knight began to feel light headed as her vision began to blur. The sounds around her became muffled as she continued to move with the princess before she closed her eyes to try and regain her composure. When they closed, she heard the sound of laughter and the smell of fall in the air.

"You dance beautifully, for a warrior."

When green eyes opened again, she was back in the courtyard with Dahlia in the middle of summer. She blinked a few times as she glanced down around at the crowd and then down at the princess. "Forgive me, Princess," Illyana took a step back and bowed. "I'm afraid the wine is starting to get to me. It was a pleasure to dance with you." The knight turned and walked into the crowd, moving through the people until she found an area that was empty.

Illyana took a few deep breaths to try and make sense of what had just happened. It seemed like a memory, but she never recalled anything like that in her life. Not to mention, the laughter and voice she heard sounded an awful lot like Dahlia. The knight brought her hand to her chest and furrowed her brow. A strange feeling overcame her when she'd heard that laughter, a overwhelming wave of nostalgia and longing.

The Knight Commander shook her head and tried to clear her mind. Maybe it was just the wine getting to her head. She had no previous dances with the princess other than tonight, and other than that, she'd never heard Dahlia laugh when it wasn't at Illyana's expense.

x--x
Lyra was still watching when she saw Illyana falter slightly and squeeze her eyes shut. She was trying her best to ignore Princess Annalise, but she was a princess, and one couldn't ignore a princess. No matter how rude they were being. "I can't argue with you there, Princess Annalise. I do think Illyana deserves the best and I wouldn't want to see her rejected by someone, let alone a princess."

The brunette smiled kindly at Annalise before watching Illyana bow to Princess Dahlia and walk off into crowd. Lyra sighed softly, a bit relieved to see her away from the princess. Even though seeing Illyana dance with another woman, the princess and the knight complemented each other beautifully. "But you are right, you can't get any better than a princess." Lyra turned to the princess and curtsied. "You'll excuse me won't you? I must find my fiance before the crowd gets much larger. It was a pleasure to meet you, your Majesty."

• Love
Dahlia was unsatisfied with Illyana's response towards her, but she wouldn't pry for anything more. Things were going so well between the two of them that Dahlia was beginning to see Illyana in a new light. She glanced at Annalise and Lyra as Illyana twirled Dahlia and noticed they were having a conversation of their own. There was a small tinge of sympathy for the the woman since Dahlia knew Annalise well, and could imagine she was not playing nice with Lyra.

As Dahlia returned to face Illyana she noticed Illyana falter in her steps slightly, and caught a somewhat pained look on the knight commander's face. They were dancing perfectly just seconds ago, but something had changed. "Knight Commander?" Dahlia said, worried. She wasn't able to get much more out before Illyana had apologized and left her standing alone.

Dahlia watched the woman walk off, her vision blurring and a sharp pain in her heart as she began to see doubles of Illyana, except there was something different about one of them. That same flowing white hair that glimmered silver in the light, but Illyana was wearing a silver and white uniform instead of the formal attire she was presently dressed in. Dahlia felt sad watching her leave, but she hadn't ever cared about whether Illyana was going or staying. More often than not the princess wanted Illyana to disappear altogether.

"You know it's not polite to stare, Princess Dahlia?" Annalise cut in, effectively snapping Dahlia out of whatever trance she had been in. She placed her hands on the blonde's shoulders, looking over her head at Illyana briefly.

The Princess of Lunaria blinked several times, the mismatched double of Illyana no longer in sight as Illyana completely disappeared into the crowd. She turned to Annalise with a huff. "I couldn't help but stare, Annalise. Lady Artania stepped on my dress and nearly tore the hem," Dahlia complained, then took hold of her friend's arm and ushered her off of the dance floor as people began to move in. "I guess you can dress a knight up pretty, but they still don't know how to treat a lady."

Annalise raised an inquisitive brow, though she remained silent as Dahlia complained. "Is that so?" She said, clearly unconvinced of whatever Dahlia had to say. Still, she would play nice with her younger friend. "I thought the Knight Commander danced beautifully, Princess. The two of you together was very...picturesque."

"Oh, really?" She asked, voice dripping with sarcasm. Dahlia rolled her eyes, looking away from Annalise and at the ice sculpture of the dragon. She hadn't noticed it before, but it was very similar to the one that had attacked the castle.

"Really. And Lady Lyra seemed to have taken notice as well. You really should have seen her face - It was hilarious." Annalise replied, chuckling as she lead Dahlia over to the ice sculpture.

Dahlia paused momentarily at the mention of Lyra, but she wasn't sure what to make of the woman. She was very pretty, that much was obvious, but there was an odd air about her. Dahlia got the impression that Lyra didn't care for her much. "Hm..." Dahlia stopped in front of the ice sculpture, looking up at it curiously. "Do you think Lady Lyra and Lady Artania were serious lovers?"

A servant passed by with a tray of champagne glasses, and Annalise grabbed two, handing one to Dahlia. "Absolutely. There's still something between those two, but what can they do?" She said, taking a sip from her glass. "Lady Lyra is engaged and Lady Artania is currently bound to your side. That is where their priorities will remain."

With this new knowledge, Dahlia took a long drink from her wine glass. There was only a third of the champagne left in her glass, and Annalise wasted no time in grabbing a couple more glasses.​

• Love
Illyana was still trying to make sense of what had happened while she'd been dancing with Dahlia. It was like her vision was clouding every few moments, even still when she got away from the crowds and the majority of the noise. She closed her eyes again and brought her hand to her forehead. It had to be the amount of alcohol she'd drank, what else could cause these affects? Again, her vision blurred and she saw a silhouette of a woman before it disappeared.

"I need some water." She muttered to herself as she shook her head and heard someone chuckle behind her.

"You sure you don't want more wine? An ale maybe?" Illyana turned around to see Cortana alongside Jacob, though a little thinner than he used to be, he still wore his tell tale smirk. "Come, Knight Commander. This celebration is for you! You can't throw in the towel yet. The night is young." Jacob must've over exerted himself because he began to cough and leaned into Cortana for support until he caught his breath.

"Careful, young knight." Cortana smiled despite the young man's coughing fit. "Even though you're healing, that doesn't mean you should over exert yourself. I only let you venture out tonight because it was in Lady Artania's honor. And you wouldn't stop begging."

Jacob scuffed as Illyana chuckled and walked towards the pair. It was good to see Jacob up and around when he'd been absent for so long. She'd almost come to miss his sarcasm and wit. "It's good to see you, kid." The Knight Commander extended her hand and Jacob took it with a large smile. "You did well, even if you did get injured. The princess was very worried about your well being."

"Sh-she was?" Jacob's cheeks turned red as he rubbed the back of his neck and Illyana smirked at Cortana who rolled her eyes.

"Why don't we all go have a drink?" Cortana offered as she turned towards the crowd. "To toast Illyana's success at fighting off the dragon?"

"Jacob, why don't you go and grab a couple goblets for us?" Illyana asked and Jacob was eager to comply. Anything to get his legs moving, the knight figured, as he attempted to jog off until Cortana shot him a sharp glare and the soldier slowed his pace with a scowl. "May I speak freely with you, Cortana?"

"Is something on your mind, Illyana?" Cortana tilted her head inquisitively and Illyana sighed. She wanted to speak to her about what she'd heard and seen, but alcohol would explain it. Though a couple goblets of wine never caused much of a reaction before. "Or is it because you saw Lyra here?"

Illyana tensed slightly. She'd forgotten about Lyra all together. The voice was still echoing in her ears as she glanced at Cortana with a frown. "I'd forgotten about her presence, if I'm to be honest." The knight rubbed the back of her neck and turned away from the healer. "I've actually...experienced something. Something that felt like a memory, but, one I don't remember having...if that makes sense."

"Not in the slightest." Cortana chuckled as she moved and stood next to the knight. "But do go on, don't let my inability to comprehend your situation stop you from explaining it to me."

"I thought it was the wine," Illyana continued as she shook her head and thought back about the dance with Dahlia and felt a small warmth in her chest. She'd never felt that before when thinking of the princess. And she was slightly unnerved by the sensation. "But I...heard a voice, in my head, while I was dancing with the princess." Cortana's eyes widened as she looked at Illyana, but said nothing as the Knight Commander continued. "It was...very similar to Dahlia's voice, but it wasn't the way she spoke in the least."

"A hallucination?" The mage asked and Illyana just shrugged. "Nothing else changed about your surroundings? No disorientation?" Illyana just shook her head and Cortana frowned. "So not a hallucination then." As the woman began to think of what could cause such a reaction to the knight, Jacob returned with three goblets, though not easily. "Shall we continue this conversation at a later day, Lady Artania? Tonight is in celebration of your deed. Let us enjoy it while we have the time."

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia and Annalise had drank so much that by the end of the night they were stumbling out of the courtyard and down the castle halls. They were some of the first to leave the celebration. In Dahlia's eyes it was better to arrive fashionably late and slip away when no one was watching. The blue haired princess had already arranged to spend the night for a day or two, so they headed for Dahlia's bedroom in the Knight's tower. Dahlia didn't bother getting changed, she just threw herself onto the bed and shut her eyes.

The Princess opened her eyes after what seemed like only seconds had passed. She felt the sun beaming down on her head and heard birds chirping in the distance. Looking around, Dahlia could see white marble buildings in a magnificent, ancient architecture. Wha...Where am I? She thought, scanning the environment and walking forward a little bit towards a fountain with the most beautiful water Dahlia had ever seen.

Dahlia placed her hands on the edge of the fountain and peered into the crystalline water, her reflection startling her. She was staring into a much wiser version of her eyes. They were brighter, magical almost. Her hair was much longer, much more vibrant than the pale yellow she had grown accustomed to, and her clothes weren't of any of the current fashion styles she was aware of. Everything felt so real, looked so real that Dahlia wasn't aware that she was dreaming. She touched the surface of the water, trailing her fingers along until her reflection was ruined.

"I hope I did not keep you waiting too long, Lana." A familiar voice echoed from behind Dahlia, though it honestly felt like it was right in her ear. Dahlia didn't dare move as a woman stepped behind her, her reflection becoming clearer as the ripples in the water settled. Princess Dahlia was speechless, and could not move for some odd reason. All she could do was stare at the white haired woman dressed in silver and white as she wrapped her arms around Dahlia, pulling her close in an tight embrace. It seemed to have escaped her that her name wasn't Lana.

"You'll forgive me, won't you?" The woman said, turning her around so that they were face to face. Dahlia thought back to her dance with Illyana briefly, mesmerized by this person who looked like a perfected version of the Knight Commander. She felt calm all of a sudden, then closed her eyes and tilted her head up knowingly.

"Yes. Always..." Dahlia replied softy.

The world around Dahlia began to fade before their lips touched. She slowly opened her eyes to sunlight glaring in the bedroom and Annalise hovering over her in bed. They stared at each other awkwardly for a moment, Dahlia angry and disoriented as the blue haired woman grinned down at her.

"You looked like you were enjoying that dream, Princess Dahlia." Annalise said, eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Tell me what it was about, please?" She asked, voice sweet. The blue haired woman was a morning person and was at her most pleasant during that time. She moved off of the bed and poured a glassof orange juice for Dahlia, then walked over and held it out to her.

Dahlia sat up, rubbing her forehead briefly and watching as Annalise traveled over to the tray of food. She figured Ella must have been by, but most likely dismissed by Annalise. Hearing Annalise's question, Dahlia glanced out the window, cheeks burning as she recalled the dream. "I...honestly can't remember." Dahlia lied, reluctantly looking back to Annalise and taking the orange juice. She took a sip before setting it down and getting out of bed.

"I'm going to take a bath. Why don't you relax for a bit, Annalise?" Dahlia said, heading into the bath room. She was surprised to see that the tub was already full of hot water. She didn't wait for a response from Annalise before disrobing, and getting into the water slowly.

"Fine. Fine. Forget I asked, and sure. I'll see what I can get into around the castle," Annalise replied. She took the light swoosh of water as her cue to leave. She shut the door behind her and stepped into the hallway, looking side to side curiously. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, but this was the Knight's Tower and there had to be someone interesting around.

Annalise suddenly perked up as silver glinted in the corner of her eye, the blue haired woman knowing exactly who that was. She turned swiftly, heels clicking on the floor as she rushed to catch up. "Oh! Excuse me, Knight Commander." Annalise said, stopping in the middle of the hall and exhaling deeply as she feigned exhaustion. "I don't mean to bother you, but Princess Dahlia and I will be departing the castle soon. You wouldn't mind accompanying us, would you?" Annalise said, smiling warmly. "I know the Princess can be forgetful at times, so I figured you must not have been aware."

• Love
Illyana had spent most of the night making the best of it, drinking with Cortana and Jacob while he was able to enjoy such festivities. Shortly after midnight, the healer had dragged Jacob back to the infirmary as Illyana headed back to her chambers. The morning after the celebration was like any other. She'd not woken up too early, thankfully she'd stopped drinking far before Jacob and Cortana so her mind was clear when she opened her eyes.

The knight washed her face and pulled her hair back into a low ponytail. She slipped out of her night clothes and put on her under garments, before dressing in the leather pants and cloth shirt that went under her armor. Usually, for most knights, dressing in armor was a tedious, difficult task. Most soldiers needed another person to fasten the buckles and clasps, but Illyana had altered her own to make it easier. Her chest plate was the hardest to maneuver on her own, but it wasn't impossible.

The last thing she put on was her shoulder cape before exiting her chambers, she couldn't help but let her mind wander to the events of the previous night. The dance with the princess, and the visions and voice she'd heard. It was all hard to comprehend, but the knight wasn't going to dwell on it now. She would leave her concerns for Cortana, someone who was better versed making sense of the insensible. As she was walking down the corridor towards the stairs, she caught a glimpse of Princess Annalise exiting Dahlia's temporary residence.

The princess had informed her that she, and Dahlia, had planned an outing for later that day and asked if the Knight Commander would accompany them. "Of course, your Majesty," Illyana bowed and offered a small grin to the turquoise haired woman. "I'd be happy to offer my services to you." It was the knight's job to go with Princess Dahlia where ever she went anyway, but she wasn't going to be rude and tell Annalise that. Illyana actually appreciated that the princess had told her instead of the two of them just leaving as Dahlia so often did in the past. "Thank you for informing me, Princess. I'll go ready some horses for our departure."

"Thank you very much." Annalise curtsied as Illyana bowed her head. "Your assistance is greatly appreciated, my dear."

The knight nodded as she continued on down the stairs and out of the castle, squinting her eyes in the sunlight. Despite the summer sun, it wasn't too hot yet and when you're wearing armor, that's something to be thankful for. She headed towards the stables where the stable hands were already turning horses out to pasture for the day.

"I need you to ready Princess Dahlia's horse and another for Princess Annalise." Illyana said as she walked over to Nocte's stable. "Perhaps a palomino." The men wasted no time following the Knight Commander's orders as she walked her own horse out and began to tack him up. It didn't take long for the horses to be dressed in the royal colors, and Illyana led all three horses up to the castle to await the arrival of the princesses.

Nocte behaved decently on his own, he was well versed in ground manners, as well as the other horses, but Dahlia's horse was a different story. The mare behaved well when the princess was around, but when she wasn't, the horse was a bit difficult to handle. Even for Illyana who had been raised around horses, Lumina tried her best to make it difficult for the knight to lead her. The mare was throwing her head and prancing as they walked towards the castle. She tended to be a bit of a show off. The golden mare the stable hand had chosen for Annalise was the picture of perfection, walking calmly and doing nothing to make the knight strain.

When the reached the castle steps, Illyana halted all the horses and a guard came to assist her in containing Lumina. The Knight Commander conceded to holding the other mare and Nocte as they waited for the princesses to arrive. They didn't have to wait too long as the heavy wooden doors were pushed open a few moments later and Annalise, along with Dahlia, exited into the morning sun. Illyana bowed as they neared. "Your Majesties."

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia emerged through the castle doors in a pastel green dress with yellow flowers adorning the hem and sleeves, white lace gloves, and a large white sun hat with a matching green ribbon tied around it. She holds her hat to her head as the wind threatens to blow it off, and sees Illyana standing near the castle steps with Lumina and Nocte in tow. She side eyes Annalise, the blue haired woman smiling innocently and heading down the steps. Dahlia knew Annalise had something to do with the knight commander being there and had to resist the urge to storm back into the castle, or push her friend down the rest of the stairs. Clearly the 'picnic' Annalise had planned was all a guise just to stir up more trouble in Dahlia's life.

Ugh. Dahlia groaned internally as she descended the steps. She took a deep breath, cheeks reddening when Illyana bowed and addressed them."Good morning, Knight Commander." Dahlia gave a slight bow of the head, then turns her nose up in the air. "So nice to have you accompanying me on all my life journeys." She said, before climbing onto Lumina's back.

Annalise shook her head with a smirk, and then went to fasten a basket onto her horse. "It is very nice indeed, Dahlia. I went through the trouble of having Ella prepare this picnic basket and I took the liberty of having her pack all of our favorite foods - including Illyana's. If she's being forced to hang with us all day she might as well get something out of it."

After their dance last night, and the dream that followed, Dahlia wasn't sure what she felt towards her bodyguard at the moment. She pursed her lips and then kicked off, sending Lumina bolting down the path leading off the castle grounds. Annalise followed after Dahlia, grinning as she began to gain on the Princess.

Annalise knew Dahlia must have been irritated with her for inviting the knight commander, but she truly didn't care. Dahlia would soon get over it, just like she always did. Most of the time Annalise had to trick the younger princess into doing things she normally wouldn't want to do, and then Dahlia would wind up enjoying herself after all. Annalise suspected that this would be one of those times.

Dahlia steered Lumina down a beaten path, everything around her a blur of color as she moved through the forest. She led them to an opening where a lake was just a few feet away. There were swans and ducks swimming on the lake and not another human in sight, at least not in the area they would be in.

"How pretty, Dahlia. I didn't realize such a place existed here." Annalise complimented as she dismounted her horse. "Let's set up. I'm famished." She said, retrieving the basket and finding a spot near the lakeside. She opened the basket and pulled out a blue blanket with white frills lining the hem, then spread it out on the ground. She set the basket down on the blanket, going through it's contents until her fingertips landed on several glasses. "Who's up for drinks?" Annalise asks with a smirk as she pulls a bottle of wine out and places the glasses down. She didn't wait for Illyana or Dahlia to reply before she began filling their cups up with the alcohol. Afterwards, she pulled out all of the food and set it up neatly for everyone to enjoy.

Dahlia sat down on the blanket that Annalise had laid out for them. She grabbed her glass of wine as well as several strawberries to snack on. She glanced over at Illyana, though her gaze didn't linger there as she quickly shifted her attention to the lake side, where two squirrels were playing.

"So, Knight Commander. How did you sleep after last night? Are you enjoying your new found fame in the kingdom?" Annalise asks, sipping from her glass.​

• Love
As the knight watched Dahlia descend the steps, her vision blurred and for a moment she saw a woman that resembled Dahlia almost perfectly. The only difference was the length of her hair and the calm, pleasant smile on her lips. A warmth grew in Illyana's chest and cleared her throat to get rid of it. The Knight Commander shook her head and the ghost of the woman disappeared, only leaving the Lunarian princess coming towards her. Illyana knew that Dahlia wouldn't be pleased that she was already aware of the princess's plans, but at the same time, she didn't care much. It was the job she was assigned to and she would do it no matter how irritated Dahlia got, still, she thought it best to keep her mouth shut as the princess mounted Lumina and galloped off towards the gates with Annalise behind her.

Illyana sighed as she mounted Nocte and trailed after the two princesses. It was a short ride, well, short mainly because they had galloped the whole way there. And Illyana wasn't too familiar with the lake that Dahlia had let them to, but it was quite a sight. A soft breeze swept Illyana's stray hair into her face and she brought her hand up to hold it in place. The knight dismounted her steed and began removing his saddle so he too could enjoy the beautiful day. She glanced out of the corner of her eye to see the princesses already snacking and drinking wine that she wasn't too eager to join, if truth be told.

When Annalise had addressed the knight, however, she had no choice but to answer. "Honestly, Princess Annalise," Illyana said as she finished removing Nocte's bridle and gently nudged him towards the water. "My sleep was much the same as it always has been, which I am very thankful for. Restful sleep isn't something that used to come easy to me. And the fame," Illyana paused for a moment as she looked out over the lake and took in the scenery for a moment. "I'd much rather spend my days like this than around a crowd of people who would put me on a pedestal. I'm afraid that sort of life isn't suited for me."

The Knight Commander finally gave and walked towards the princesses, stopping to stand by the tree that was offering them a bit of shade. She opted to remove her sword and rest it against the trunk before sitting down, leaning against the tree for support. Although the woman had been invited, or rather, obligated to accompany Dahlia on this outing, she didn't take the liberty of participating unless insisted upon. After all, she was just a guardian to the Dahlia, not a guest. And even though they were in a beautiful, mostly private area, that didn't mean there weren't any threats towards the young women.

As another breeze blew, Illyana closed her eyes to shield them from the sun that filtered in through the leaves of the trees.

Arian...

Illyana tensed before opening her eyes, looking around to see only the two princesses and their horses in the area. Her brow furrowed as she shook her head and stood up. "If you'll excuse me, Majesties," Illyana bowed her head slightly as she turned towards the water. "I think I'm a bit dehydrated." The knight walked towards the lake then and knelt down at the shore, removing her gauntlets before dipping her hands in the crystal clear water and taking a drink. She went a step further and stuck her hands in again before splashing some water on her face. When she looked down at the rippling surface, she saw her reflection. Except, instead of her steel armor and blue cape, she was wearing shining white and gold armor along with a deep purple cloak.

Lady Arian...

"I don't know who Arian is." The knight narrowed her eyes and disrupted the reflection with her hand. Standing up again and exhaling heavily. She was just seeing things, maybe she actually was dehydrated. She turned back towards the princesses and took her spot against the tree once more. But then why does it feel like someone is calling to me when I hear it?

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia listened to Annalise and Illyana's conversation, eyes still fixed on the lake as she pretended not to be interested in whatever the two were saying. It wasn't until Illyana expressed that she was unwell that Dahlia looked over in her direction. Dahlia frowned softly as the Knight Commander went over to the lake, then quirked a brow as she thought she heard Illyana speaking, but there was no one else around. Maybe The Knight Commander really was dehydrated, which meant Illyana would need to relax.

"Lady Artania," Dahlia would call once Illyana returned to her post under the tree. "Come sit with us. You're clearly not feeling well, and I won't have you falling ill..." There was the slightest hint of concern in Dahlia's voice, more than usual, and she blushed deeply with embarrassment as she realized it. "We're too far from the castle to take care of you if anything happens." She said, hoping to come off as less concerned than before. The princess patted an empty spot on the blanket for Illyana, giving a serious look to the woman as she waited for her to sit down.

"Yes, Knight Commander. Can't you see you're worrying Princess Dahlia," Annalise added, earning her a glare from Dahlia. She ignored it, a sly smile on her lips. "Put her out of her misery and join us. I want to know more about you, like..." The blue haired princess trailed off for a moment as she thought over what to ask, then perked up as she found her question. "Where did you learn to dance?"

• Love
The Knight Commander was a bit surprised when she heard Dahlia invite her over to the blanket where the princesses sat, and even more surprised when she saw the tinge of red cross Dahlia's cheeks. Regardless, the knight cleared her throat before standing and making her way to the empty spot between Dahlia and Annalise. It was rather difficult to sit in armor, so Illyana opted for kneeling instead of sitting, making her a bit taller than the two women next to her. The warmth ignited again in the knight's chest as she glanced at Dahlia and again, was confused as to why she would feel such a way towards the princess.

"Lady Ashera is actually the one who taught me to dance, some years ago now." Illyana thought back on the memory of her as a newly appointed knight when she was only seventeen years old. "When I was first knighted there was a ball to celebrate all the other soldiers who had been promoted. I needed lessons so I wouldn't look like a clumsy fool."

"From the way I've seen you move, Knight Commander," Annalise smiled as she offered the woman a glass of wine. "I could never imagine seeing you look clumsy, much less a fool." There was a seductive look in the blue haired princess's eyes as she watched Illyana take a sip from the glass. "So, did you and Lady Ashera have a romantic relationship?"

Illyana chocked on the wine and coughed a few times at the question about hers and Cortana's relationship. The knight covered her mouth and cleared her throat before answering. "Lady Ashera is a very close friend of mine, but no, we did not have a romantic relationship of any sort." She tried taking another drink of wine to help wash down the awkward question. "I'm afraid my life is a bit boring on the romantic side."

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia lifted her eyebrows in surprise after learning that Lady Ashera was the one who had taught Illyana to dance. That was one name she had not expected to hear, and like Annalise, Dahlia wondered if there was anything romantic between the two. She would have never suspected the two, or even have guessed that Lady Ashera liked women.

Something about the pairing caused an odd feeling in the pit of Dahlia's stomach. It hurt almost to think of Illyana having danced with Lady Ashera the way they had danced. She tensed up at the thought, wondering why all of a sudden she cared so much about what Illyana was doing. Even with that rationalization, Dahlia was only brought comfort by the fact that Illyana had admitted herself that her love life had been lacking.

"Well, that's a shame, Lady Artania..." Dahlia replied sympathetically. She saw Annalise out of the corner of her eye smirking, but did her best to ignore it. "I'm sure that will change now that everyone in Lunaria now knows your name." The Princess sipped from her glass, not realizing she had finished it until only a drop of liquid hit her lips as she tilted her head back. "Hm..." She lifted the glass up to inspect it, just to make sure that it was actually gone before she set it down.

"You know what I'm in the mood for?" Annalise asks suddenly, prompting Dahlia to look at her curiously. "A nice dip in the lake. It's so hot it'd be shame if we didn't get in while we're here." She stands up, then places her hands on her hips and looks down at Dahlia."What do you say, Princess? " Annalise smiles innocently, her gaze shifting to look at Illyana. "Lady Artania? I'm sure exchanging that hot armor for a dip in the lake sounds perfect right about now."

Dahlia blinks at Annalise, unsure of how to respond to the question. She wasn't exactly prepared to get in the water, but the idea of going swimming sounded nice. After a minute of thinking about it, she smiled up at Annalise. "Only if you go first, Annalise. Tell me how it is."

Her eyes widened as Annalise suddenly began to undress, Dahlia blushing as she feared Annalise may have planned to go skinny dipping instead. Thankfully, Annalise left her under garments on, though Dahlia now wondered if this was all some sort of plot to get closer to Illyana. She shook her head, looking away as Annalise headed over to the water's edge. "Will you be joining us, Knight Commander?"

Last edited:
  • Love
It was strange to Illyana to hear Princess Dahlia address her personal life, not that she really had one. But still, strange either way. When Annalise mentioned swimming, the knight couldn't even get a word out before the princess began undressing. Illyana gasped and averted her gaze quickly. It was very clear that Annalise wasn't shy in the least when it came to doing something she wanted. In Illyana's experience most princesses, and women in general, would not change in front of others so freely. But maybe it was because Dahlia was a long time friend and Illyana was another woman. Though it was clear that both princesses knew of Illyana's preferences towards the fairer sex.

Annalise was right though, Illyana would be more than happy to remove her armor on such a warm day. Not that she couldn't endure, mind you, but if there was no immediate threat, there was really no need to wear it at all times. So as she watched the blue haired princess walk towards the water, she highly considered jumping in the water. Then again, she was on duty. She wasn't really capable of such luxuries with her position. When Dahlia herself asked if Illyana would be joining the, she wasn't quite sure what to answer.

"The more I think about it, the more enjoyable it seems." She offered a small smile towards the princess as she stood and stretched, at least to what her armor would allow. "Although, I'm not quite sure if a knight sworn to protect the princess should let her guard down so easily. Still," Illyana thought once more and even if she didn't join the princesses in the water, she could still shed her armor for the time being. Anything or anyone that would attack them could be dispatched without too much effort, she was sure.

With her mind made up, Illyana began removing her armor. Gauntlets first, then her chest plate which was much easier to remove than it was to apply. Once that was out of the way, she removed her pauldrons and vambraces, she removed the rest with little effort. She placed her armor down next to her sword by the tree before stretching her arms again. Now she was only wearing her cloth shirt and leather trousers that stopped at her ankles. Not the most flattering outfit, but it felt leagues better than sitting in her heavy armor all day.

"Are you going to swim, Majesty?" Illyana glanced down at Dahlia as she began to roll her sleeves up. "If you don't, I'll stay here with you. Being your guardian, I will do whatever you wish, Princess."

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia watched Illyana remove her armor, amazed at the fact that there was so many pieces of it. She couldn't imagine having to carry that around all day, let alone slaying a dragon in it. Once the Knight Commander had undressed, Dahlia glanced away to look at Annalise. The blue haired princess appeared to be enjoying herself and waved at the two of them, before diving down under the water.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt..." Dahlia replied, a little uncertain as she looked up at the Knight Commander. "I wouldn't want to deny you the opportunity to cool off after wearing all that." The Princess stood up off the blanket and wiped her hands off on her dress, smirking as she caught Illyana's eye. "N-No need to wait for me. I'll just... be a minute." The idea of changing in front of Illyana was honestly too much for Dahlia to handle. Just the thought was enough to make her turn red. She hurried off to hide behind a tree, out of sight of any wandering eyes.

Dahlia only had a few pieces of clothes to remove, but she took more than a few minutes behind the tree trying to build the courage to go out in nothing but her undergarments. If it was just Annalise out there Dahlia wouldn't have cared, but Illyana stirred up conflicting emotions in Dahlia, and she didn't know what to do.

"Princess Dahliaa," Annalise sang teasingly. She swam towards the edge of the lake, tilting her head with a smirk. "What's taking you so long? The Knight Commander and I are worried you've been kidnapped, dear." She jested, giving Illyana a playful look. "Lady Artania is coming to get you." Annalise lied, but from the tone of her voice it sounded very convincing.

Dahlia remained silent, rolling her eyes as she set her dress on a tree branch. She stopped when she heard Annalise mention Illyana coming to get her, though, and panicked for a moment. A twig snapped nearby and Dahlia jumped out from behind the tree, finding that there was no one there. She blushed deeply, arms crossing over her waist as she stood out in the open. "I'm fine. See?" Dahlia said as she approached the water's edge.

"Yes. Very fine indeed." Annalise replies, waving her arms in the water gracefully. She looks to Illyana, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Wouldn't you agree, Knight Commander?" Annalise asked.

Before Illyana has the chance to answer, Dahlia jumps into the air between the two and curls into a ball before hitting the water. The impact creates a surprisingly large wave, splashing Illyana and Annalise in the face. She emerges from the water with a grin, laughing when she sees Annalise with an unimpressed look on her face.

• Love