Past the Point of No Return saberwolf || Sailor Moon

When Illyana found Dahlia again, she was glad, ecstatic even, that she was still in the same place. Not to mention that she didn't look overly upset that she had danced with Lyra. The thought still made the Knight Commander's nerves twitch as she rolled her shoulders and reached the princess. She was about to speak, but Dahlia beat her to it. After the princess greeted her, Illyana bowed low from the waist and brought her right hand to her heart, the proper greeting towards the Lunarian princess. Then of course, Dahlia had to bring up the dance with Lyra.

"I apologize, Majesty."
Illyana said calmly, trying to keep the irritation out of her voice. She hadn't expected Lyra to say what she had about missing her. Never had the knight ever thought that Lyra would miss her. Duke Roh was everything Lyra had ever wanted and could ever want. "I...never expected Lyra to force a dance with me. And, I can agree with you on one thing." Illyana moved forward and gently took Dahlia's hands in her own. "I never thought that Lyra would want to dance with me now that she's engaged. But I can assure you, I don't want anyone's affections but yours."

The string quartet started to play once more, a slower song and the lights dimmed a bit more. Illyana glanced at Dahlia who still seemed a bit upset. The Knight Commander took a step back and bowed to the princess before offering her hand to Dahlia. "Would you still honor me with a dance, your Majesty?" The fact that she hadn't seen Dahlia at all today and then was practically forced to be separated when they finally found each other was a bit wearing. Illyana had hoped they would've had more time to themselves by now, but she was ready to make up for it.

• Love
Reactions: envogue
"I apologize, Majesty."

It was difficult to stay angry when the woman standing before Dahlia was so sickeningly perfect. Her words hit just the right spot, melting Dahlia like butter. As a hand was extended towards the princess, a hint of rose swept across her cheeks. What better way to end the evening than to spend it with the one you cherished? She placed her gloved hand delicately in Illyana's, a gentle smile on her lips as she bowed her head and bent at the knee.

"It would be my pleasure, Knight Commander," Dahlia lifted her head slowly, the sound of the stringed quartet playing off in the distance causing couples to flock to the dance floor. She squeezed Illyana's hand slightly as they walked to the dance floor, and found a spot near the center chandelier.

"My apologies, Illyana. I should not have attacked you that way, especially over an innocent dance." Her hand instinctively went to Illyana's shoulder without missing a beat, and allowed the taller woman to lead. "I should know by now that you are trustworthy. Though, I don't quite like the idea of you being forced to dance." Dahlia bit her bottom lip softly, thinking of how to voice her thoughts in a way that didn't make her appear overly concerned.

"Perhaps, the next time she asks, you could...make your intentions clear by telling her you're already seeing someone?" Dahlia suggested, her gaze wandering away from her partner's face and her cheeks reddening. "Unless, you're worried that you might hurt her feelings..."

• Love
Reactions: Saber
Illyana was pleased when Dahlia agreed to dance with her and she sighed softly as they moved to the dance floor. She wasn't at all surprised that the princess brought up the dance with Lyra again, though she was a bit shocked that Dahlia apologized. When Dahlia brought up the 'next time', Illyana couldn't help but chuckle before she realized her hand hand gone instinctively to the princess's waist. She cleared her throat as she started to lead the dance.

"I highly doubt that there will be a next time, Majesty."
She looked down into Dahlia's eyes and smiled. "And, you want me to tell Lyra that I'm seeing someone? Would that be wise? Even if I didn't mention you, she would be curious and ask questions." As much as Illyana would like to make their relationship public, she knew that the princess didn't want the same. At least for now. "Either way, I'm not sure what Lyra wants. I think it's mostly nostalgia for what we had, or what we once were, but we aren't the same people anymore."

As the dance continued, Illyana twirled the princess before pulling her back in close. It had been a while since the knight had been able to spend some time with Dahlia. Even with her body guard duties, there was no real time that they could spend together alone. Through their courtship, it had been more of a close friendship than anything else. There were no private meetings or trips taken with just the two of them. It was as if they were courting in just title.

"I wish we could've spent more time together, though."
The Knight Commander sighed softly before offering a small smile. "But I am grateful for the dance, Princess."

Illyana was more than happy just dancing with the princess, even in the midst of other couples as well as a number of onlookers. She hadn't really thought about it, but she wondered if any of the spectators were whispering about them. A princess dancing with her female body guard might be cause for some gossip. Not that Illyana would ever be ashamed or worried, but she couldn't help but question if the princess would ever be embarrassed to be caught in a risque situation with just a knight. Not a person of noble blood or title.

"There you are, darling!" Illyana had been so caught up in her own thoughts and her dance with Dahlia, she hadn't noticed that Annalise had approached and gently laid a hand on Dahlia's shoulder. "I've been looking all over for you! I finally found the man that I was telling you about." Annalise stepped back and Illyana looked over her shoulder to see Aroch approaching. The knight inhaled deeply, trying to keep her expression neutral, but she inadvertently pulled Dahlia closer. In the midst of the dance with Lyra and then apologizing the princess, she'd forgotten why she had been so eager to find her in the first place. "Princess Dahlia, this is Aaron Rochford. Aaron, this is-"

"The Princess of Lunaria, of course." Aroch's voice was calmer, more...human, if possible, and if Illyana hadn't known him previously, she would've thought he was some kind noble. He bowed to the princess and then turned to the knight. "And the fabled Knight Commander, an honor to meet you both."

Illyana couldn't even manage to speak, she just bowed her head in greeting as she watched Annalise cling to Aroch's arm with a bright smile. Aroch was cleaned up. His beard had been trimmed and his hair groomed and slicked back to follow the air of kindness he was strangely emitting. It was a bit easy to see how Aroch had charmed his way into Annalise's good graces, but he wouldn't be able to fool Illyana, or Dahlia. And he couldn't change the color of his eyes.

"Would you mind, if I cut in, Lady Artania?" Illyana flinched a bit when Aroch addressed her. The calm smile on his face and kindness in his eyes was off putting from the malice and, well, insanity she'd seen before. "I would just like to get to know one of Annalise's best friends a bit besides what you hear through the grapevine." Aroch then looked at Dahlia and his smiled brightened, if only slightly. "Maybe she'll have some stories about my dear Annalise."

The knight glanced at Dahlia before looking back at Aroch and inhaled deeply before bowing her head, releasing the princess in the process. With all the people, not allowing someone to cut in would be considered rude, unless you were already courting or engaged which, even though they were, it was not a public fact. So the Knight Commander took a step back and allowed Aroch to take her place. She could feel her anger and stress level rising quickly, so she stepped off the dance floor, closer to an open window, but still in sight of Dahlia.

Her eyes stayed trained on the two. But at first sight, there was nothing out of the ordinary. Surprisingly, Aroch seemed to be a gentleman. Not over stepping his bounds or making any advancements. He laughed and would speak, as if he were a normal, sane person. In her anger, Illyana couldn't help but think of what Dahlia had said when they were dancing. About how Illyana should possibly tell Lyra that she was seeing someone. But maybe that suggestion didn't apply to a princess.

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia spun gracefully, a smile on her lips as she was pulled back into Illyana's embrace and resumed their dance. Much of what Illyana had said was lost on Dahlia, the princess was enjoying herself too much to even care about Lyra anymore. Their dance, well, it was much better than that small display that Lyra and Illyana had shared. Nothing could compare to what Dahlia shared with Illyana, or so she liked to think. They were supposed to be soulmates, according to history, at least. Unfortunately, time would not always accommodate their needs for privacy, and even though this was Petra's wedding, this moment felt special to Dahlia.

"I wish things were easier, but, this is surprisingly effortless compared to everything we've had to go through," Dahlia twirled once, Illyana's arm lifted above her head. She looked like a spinning ballerina, crystal chandelier above reflecting off of the iridescent powder sprinkled on her cheekbones and the gems adorning her dress. That, and the generous glasses of champagne combined made her feel like she was floating in space. Nothing could ruin this.

"There you are, darling!"

Not that Annalise had ruined Dahlia's moment. It was more so that their song was soon coming to an end that really put a damper on Dahlia's mood. She moved to stand beside Illyana, sighing softly as her heart rate began to slow. She looked to the man trailing closely behind Annalise, an odd sense of familiarity washing over her as she looked at the man. His eyes were...
Strange.

Dahlia contained her shock, a silent gasp held behind her lips as her chest rose suddenly. She could only wonder why Annalise would want her to share a dance with her new love, all of a sudden. Surely it was obvious that Illyana was the apple of her eye, the only one that Dahlia wanted to dance with. There were much bigger things to worry about, though. The truth behind why she appeared so terrified, like Dahlia had seen a ghost. Aroch may as well have been a ghost to Dahlia.

"M-My pleasure," Dahlia curtsied, lowering her head, eyes locked on Illyana until she was off of the dance floor. She inhaled deeply as Aroch led her from the dance floor, her hands were getting clammy inside of her gloves and her heart was racing. How could this happen? Why was Aroch at Petra's wedding? Naturally Dahlia was worried for her safety. To be this close to someone so dangerous and to pretend that nothing was amiss was a little more than stressful.

"Relax, Princess." Aroch's hand went to Dahlia's waist, and the stringed quartet began to play a new song. It was dark and romantic, causing Aroch to smile. "Must you look...so terrified? I'm not going to hurt you." He laughed casually, moving smoothly to the melody.

Aroch was personable when he wanted to be, but that fact only caused Dahlia to tense up more. All she knew about him was what she had been told, and he had tried to hurt Illyana. That was already bad enough.

"You've tried to...No, you did. Your dragon attacked the castle," Dahlia accused, voice shaking lightly. "And, why are you here? With Annalise?" Her eyes widened, then narrowed suspiciously.

Aroch looked down at Dahlia curiously, almost amused as Dahlia accused and questioned him. He chuckled at her, then shrugged.
"Is it really so surprising to believe that I came out for a good time? You wouldn't remember the many evenings we spent dancing." He paused, then smiled."My apologies. Memories are so vivid at times, and you do look like her. I could swear we danced to this same song once."

Dahlia tasted something bitter in the back of her throat when Aroch brought up their previous dances. She knew that he was talking about Volana, but the comparison made her sick to her stomach. "All those dances, and you still weren't Volana's first pick?" Dahlia's message may have been harsh, but she spoke in a way that was genuinely curious. "How does that work?"

• Love
Aroch tried his best to behave whilst he was dancing with the princess. He remembered Volana as being feisty, wildly spontaneous and independent, her incarnation was much the same. And he expected so much come from Princess Dahlia. Regardless of the time he was enjoying, even if Dahlia wasn't, he could still feel Illyana's gaze burning into him. He glanced over the blonde's shoulder to see Arian's incarnation watching him like a hawk. She didn't look overly concerned, but her gaze wasn't leaving him, not even for a second. He offered a calm smile before glancing down at Dahlia once more.

"I'll admit, Princess," He cleared his throat. "I didn't expect to be usurped by a house-less nobody. Since I was from a renowned house, of course I was permitted to, along with others from respectable lineages, to share Volana's company." When he thought back on his past lives, it was hard not to lose his train of thought. But with Dahlia standing in front of him, he did his best to stay in the present. "Ultimately, it was always up to Volana. I just thought she...you, would have made better choices with who would be guarding your life."

The music finally stopped, or maybe it had just stopped a moment ago and he'd just continued to talk, either way, Lady Artania and shortly, Princess Annalise were next to them. "I hope my little Dahlia hasn't divulged any of my womanly secrets." Annalise giggled before Aroch and Dahlia separated. The blue haired princess latched herself onto his arm again and Illyana, protectively, moved to stand a bit in front of Dahlia. "If you don't mind, I think I'll have a dance with Mr. Rochford."

Illyana bowed her head, taking Dahlia's hand and guiding her off of the dance floor. Her temper was still flared from watching Dahlia dance with Aroch and seemingly thinking nothing of it. But she couldn't assume things like that. Dahlia knew the dangers of being near Aroch, even if he was being civil at the time. There had to be something he wanted from Dahlia, some ulterior motive to dancing with the princess, or maybe just rile Illyana. If that had been the case, it definitely worked.

When they were free of the crowd and outside of the ballroom, the Knight Commander released Dahlia's hand and inhaled deeply. She was trying to keep her anger from coming out in her words, but it was hard to quell the tension and heat rising up her neck. Illyana didn't want to say anything until she had calmed down, but she wasn't sure that was actually going to happen.

"What did he want?" She tried to keep her tone even, but there was a bit of a rise at the end of her question. "Was he threatening you? Did he try to hurt you?"

• Love
Aroch answered Dahlia's question calmly, something that caught her slightly off guard. She was sure he would feel insulted by her latest question, but it seemed to roll off of him as he was able to answer with ease. Every now and again her gaze was drawn towards Illyana, who was standing in solitude outside of the ballroom dance floor. Ultimately, it was always up to Volana. I just thought she...you, would have made better choices with who would be guarding your life. Hearing that, Dahlia narrowed her eyes up at Aroch, ready to speak and defend Illyana. Though before she could do that, the music had swiftly ended and Illyana was standing beside them, with Annalise approaching very shortly after.

Dahlia cracked a small smile at Annalise, a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach when she saw how her friend clung to Aroch's arm. There was no way to tell if Aroch really cared for Annalise or not, but how could he when he was still obsessed with Volana.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Annalise." Dahlia smiled, wider than she had meant to. She wanted to appear happy for Annalise, and for the time being, would bury any negative feelings about the untimely pair. "Enjoy." She said, when only seconds later Illyana was bowing for the shortest possible amount of time to be polite, and dragging her off the dance floor.

Well, Illyana hadn't actually dragged her, but it felt that way. The Knight Commander was seething, Dahlia could tell that much. For a second Dahlia thought Illyana would burst into flames. She sighed softly and leaned back to close the short distance separating her back and the wall.

"No, no. You know very well that I can handle myself, Lady Artania." Dahlia replied, waving her hand dismissively before folding her arms underneath her bust. "I know that he has done horrible things, but I didn't sense any threat from him. I'm more concerned about Annalise being so close to him. His motives..."

• Love
Princess Dahlia had a point, being worried about why Aroch was so interested in Annalise was a point of concern. If he hadn't been dancing with Dahlia, Illyana probably could've been thinking more clearly, but her blood was still boiling from watching the two. How he had held her and how close he had been. It was bad enough that the three of them all had some unexaggerated history together, but now that Dahlia and Illyana were courting, it made it infinitely worse to see Aroch so close to Dahlia.

There had to be other reasons that Aroch was here, that he was with Princess Annalise. There had to be, Illyana just needed to figure it out. It didn't surprise her in the least that he could act the perfect gentleman when he needed to, but why now, why here? Was it just because he somehow knew that Dahlia was going to be at Petra's wedding? Or possibly a very horrible coincidence? Those were the thoughts that were running through Illyana's mind as she paced back and forth in front of the princess. Another thing that was bothering her was how...aloof that Dahlia was being about dancing with him.

"I don't know what his angle is." Illyana muttered as she finally stopped moving and looked out at the ocean. "He must've wanted to get close to you for something. Maybe he's using Annalise to get close to you?"

The Knight Commander's mind was racing to the point of panic. She squeezed her hands into fists before turning back to Dahlia, trying her best to contain her anger and keep her face even, but she knew she wasn't doing a very efficient job. Her eyes began to warm as she glared and tried to keep her temper from rising any more. "I should have killed him." She exhaled heavily as she shook her head. "He could have hurt you, or abducted you."

Illyana looked at Dahlia and her anger ebbed slightly. Though the worry was clear on her face, Dahlia was still more composed than the Knight Commander. Of course, she was probably more focused on Annalise than anything else. Illyana took a deep breath in and looked at the princess who was leaning back against the stone wall. The Knight Commander was suddenly tired as she felt the rest of her anger dissipate and let her shoulders slump before exhaling heavily. She must've sounded like a lunatic to the Princess.

"Forgive me," Illyana bowed to Dahlia before standing up again running her hand over her face in exasperation. She moved towards Dahlia and gently grabbed the princess's chin, lifting her face up so she was looking into Illyana's eyes. "I guess I'm a bit more possessive of you than I thought, though I don't think I would've gotten this angry if anyone else would've asked to dance with you." The knight's hand moved so it was cupping Dahlia's cheek. "I just don't like to see anyone else touching you so intimately."

The knight leaned down to capture Dahlia's lips in a firm kiss. She hadn't been this protective of Lyra when they had been courting, but she didn't have a murderous, borderline insane reincarnation of a guardian of the gods to deal with. Illyana moved the hand that had been cupping Dahlia's face to rest on the princess's lower back, pulling her a bit closer. She was already feeling so strongly for the princess that she was starting to forget why they needed to be so secretive.

• Love
"He could have hurt you, or abducted you."

"Indeed." Dahlia replied, though it came across as more of a question. As if Illyana had no idea that Dahlia was aware of the fact that her life was constantly in danger. It was a little more than annoying, but despite it, Dahlia was still enjoying herself. She only wished Illyana could adopt the same carefree attitude and relax. Though, that was probably asking too much of the Knight Commander.

After Illyana apologized, Dahlia smiled in acknowledgement and remained where she stood, quietly observing. She listened to Illyana, an odd sense of accomplishment filling her. She realized it was foolish to be proud of something so immature, but it only made her feel more confident in her position in Illyana's life. Gently, she placed her hand on top of Illyana's and closed her eyes. Dahlia was always eager for the affection, and she was sure that as they kissed, she would never tire of these little moments.

That same shortness of breath, and her heart drumming away in her chest caused Dahlia to feel like she was seeing stars. As it deepened, a small whimper left her lips and flowed past llyana's. Dahlia quickly turned her head to end the passion, her cheeks rosy and glowing. She took a moment and inhaled quietly and fully, her gaze reluctant to meet Illyana's. There was a faint clicking against the marble floors and Dahlia glanced over to see two servants traveling down the hall. Moments later, and they would have been caught in the act, something that sent chills throughout Dahlia's core. She wasn't ready for the whole world to know about her secret love affair.

"I'm sorry, Knight Commander. You know that, that sort of behavior isn't...appropriate right now." Dahlia straightened up, her voice trembling lightly as the two maids walked by. They bowed their heads respectfully, and Dahlia watched them with a suspicious eye until they disappeared around a corner. She relaxed a little and turned back to Illyana, reaching forward discreetly to brush her fingertips along the back of Illyana's arm."I don't mean to sound so cold, Illyana. I'm just not ready for such bold displays of affection."

• Love
The kiss ended far too soon in Illyana's opinion, but she had to honor the princess's wishes. If Dahlia thought it was too soon, then Illyana would have to try and control herself. No matter how difficult that could be in the future. The knight watched and bowed her head as the two maids passed and took a step back from Dahlia. She inhaled deeply before rubbing the back of her neck. Illyana sometimes forgot that the princess wasn't used to courting or receiving affection of this nature. Not to mention that she was a princess. If anyone found out that Dahlia was courting, the news was sure to spread quickly through out other kingdoms.

"I suppose now wouldn't be the time for such affections."
The knight sighed as she remembered what had happened only moments ago with Aroch and Princess Annalise. "Especially after what's happened. We should head back to your quarters, princess." It was easy for Illyana to step back into guard mode. Even though she was still wishing for more privacy with Dahlia, she knew that she should be behaving as best she could when around other people. A small smile grew on Illyana's lips as she gently took Dahlia's hand. "Allow me to escort you back, My Lady."

The Knight Commander bowed slightly before lacing her fingers with Dahlia's and gently leading her back towards their chambers. The walk back was quiet, mostly just enjoying the other's company and the scenery. Thankfully they didn't pass anyone that noticed a knight and a princess walking hand in hand together so late at night. And when they did pass a couple or two, they were very inebriated and didn't notice the two women walking back. When they finally arrived back to their quarters, Illyana stopped at Dahlia's door and opened it for her.

"I think it would be best if I stayed in your room tonight." Illyana said gently as she held the door open for the princess. "With Aroch being here, I don't want you to be alone tonight." She followed the princess into the room and shut the door. Dahlia's quarters were furnished much better than Illyana's, which was expected. Her windows were much larger, along with the bed and room in general. Illyana made sure the lock the door and then did an instinctive sweep of the room, checking the bathroom and any place someone could hide. When she was finished, Illyana began undoing her shirt and rested her cape on the back of a chair. "Do you need help with your dress?"

• Love
Dahlia remained silent during the walk back to her chambers. Her mind was, of course, consumed with possibilities about Aroch and Annalise, but more than that. She couldn't stop thinking about her kiss with Illyana, and what would have happened if someone had seen them. It was horrible to think it, but the idea of being caught gave her thrill. She didn't like being at risk of being caught, but in retrospect it was very enticing.

"I think it would be best if I stayed in your room tonight."

The princess looked up curiously, almost missing the second part about Aroch. She coughed quietly, nodding in agreement before turning and walking into her bedroom. Dahlia rubbed the back of her neck, unsure of what to say or how to act. Under normal circumstances she would begin undressing, but Illyana was in her room. Just thinking about it made her head hot, and she quickly sat down on the bed. She crossed her ankles, and then one leg over the other, trying to get comfortable when Illyana began disrobing. Naturally she turned her head, but she couldn't look away for long.

"Do you need help with your dress?"

Dahlia gathered her thoughts, looking at Illyana's face and not at her body. She stood up from the bed, her mouth almost moving to say 'yes'.

"No. That won't be necessary, Illyana. I'll just go get changed...in the bathroom." Dahlia seemed to spring up from the bed, pushing off with her hands, giving her a slight bounce to her step. She made her way into the bathroom, her ears burning up, and her shoulders tense. What was it about this situation that made it so stressful? They were both women, had seen each other in the semi-nude multiple times now. You have had too much to drink, missy. She began to remove her jewelry, stepping out of her dress and into a satin nightgown. She didn't think much of it upon purchase, but the pure white and short length made her anxious. It wasn't like they were going to consummate a marriage, or anything.

Dahlia splashed her face with cool water, swishing a bit of it in her mouth and between her teeth before spitting it out into the sink. This was her normal bedtime routine, not something special to make her all the more appealing. Fluffing her hair gently, she exited the bathroom and walked into the bedroom. She sat down on the right side of the bed, pulling the covers back and sliding against the silk sheets into a comfortable position.

"The ceremony was beautiful, wasn't it? I'm so happy for Petra." Dahlia said suddenly, tucking her elbow underneath her head as she turned to face Illyana. "I could have lived without seeing Cecil and Aroch again, but I really enjoyed myself. We'll have to finish that dance sometime." She smirked, reaching out to caress Illyana's arm with her fingertips.

• Love
Illyana smirked at how the princess was acting. It's not like they were new to each other's appearance when lacking certain garments, but they had never spent a night together in this particular situation. She chuckled as Dahlia began to blush and jumped from the bed, hurrying into the bathroom. Perhaps Dahlia's inexperience with courting was making her more anxious around the knight. Even though Illyana was becoming more accustomed to acting like a suitor to the princess, that didn't mean the feelings were the same. Dahlia was still young, still naive to a lot of how the outside world worked to relationships and affection. Still, the Knight Commander wanted nothing more than to enjoy her privacy with the princess, as long as she had it.

So she finished undressing, trying her hair back in a low pony tail. Removing her chest binding, leaving only her blouse and pantaloons on before she pulled the covers back on the bed. The sheets were silk and the cool feeling against her skin was a comfort to the surrounding heat. She pulled the covers up to her waist and then folded her hands behind her head before falling back on the pillow. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she closed her eyes, almost drifting to sleep until she heard the door to the bathroom open again. Her eyes widened slightly when she saw what Dahlia was wearing. She rolled onto her side when the princess slipped into bed and began speaking.

"It was a lovely ceremony." Illyana answered as she felt Dahlia's touch on her arm. "And I agree, I could've gone the rest of my life without seeing the young prince. At least I can kill Aroch, if need be." The knight smirked as she reached out and gently caressed Dahlia's face with the backs of her fingers. "I think I like you best like this." Ilyana hummed as she moved a little closer and let her hand wander over Dahlia's shoulder, further more even, until it rested at the blonde's waist. "Undone and relaxed when you're just with me."

Illyana moved her hand to the small of the princess's back and pulled her closer. She lifted herself up on her elbow and leaned down until her lips were almost brushing against Dahlia's. "You'll forgive me for being a bit indulgent tonight, won't you?" She whispered before softly taking Dahlia's lips with her own. She maneuvered so that she was over top the princess and Dahlia was on her back. Illyana tilted her head to deepen the kiss and ran her hand down to rest on the princess's hip. Her lips parted to take Dahlia's bottom lip between her teeth and bit it lightly.

The knight wasn't normally one to lose control, but it was hard to keep her rational thoughts together when she was giving into the carnal desires she suppressed. She sighed softly as she released the princess's lips and brushed her own along Dahlia's jaw before kissing her neck. Illyana softly teased the flesh just above the princess's shoulder with the tip of her tongue. She pulled away to kiss Dahlia's lips once more before pulling farther to look down at the petite blonde beneath her.

"Too much?"

• Love
A tingling sensation, not unlike a small bolt of electricity, shot up from Dahlia's toes and through parts of her body she hadn't paid much attention to until now. As their lips moved together in a smooth kiss, Dahlia breathed deeply, her fingernails finding the knight's soft flesh and trailing along her back. Illyana was much more muscular than she, and in this position, Dahlia could simply touch her without worry.

A part of her knew that this was wrong, that they were crossing boundaries, but her mind was in a haze. All of those memories of Volana and Arian when they were intimate for the very first time seemed to flood Dahlia's mind. Her senses were heightened in that moment, and the room around them faded away into light blue drapery and the deep oranges of a flickering flame. A faint whimper left her lips as Illyana kissed along her jawline and neck, eyes closing as she enjoyed that short lived ecstasy, but more intense emotions welling up inside from the new memory that had awakened.

Somehow, Dahlia found herself breathless as Illyana pulled away from the kiss. She looked up at the knight commander bashfully, shifting just enough so that she was laying on her side, instead of looking up.

"Almost," Dahlia answered honestly, tucking her arm underneath the pillow. Her gaze wandered to Illyana, a small smile appearing on her lips as their eyes met. "Will you hold me as I sleep?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Illyana couldn't help but be pleased with how Dahlia had reacted to her affection, but she didn't want to push it too far. After all, Dahlia was a princess and even though they were courting, she still needed to be treated with the respect that Illyana had shown her as a body guard. When Dahlia had asked if the knight would hold her while she slept, Illyana nodded and adjusted so she was lying on her side facing the princess. The knight draped an arm over Dahlia's waist, pulling her closer before softly kissing the princess on the forehead. She slipped her other arm under Dahlia's pillow so it rested under the princess's head.

"Good night, Dahlia." Illyana whispered before she closed her eyes and pulled the comforter up to their shoulders.

The next morning went about like any other, minus the fact that the knight woke with her arms wrapped around something warm. She wasn't accustomed to sleeping with another person, especially Dahlia, but it seemed she had held her through the night. Once they had both woke, it didn't take them long to pack up and be on their way back to Lunaria. The trip was going to take at least three days, maybe a little less if the weather was favorable. Illyana traveled alongside the carriage on Nocte, while four other guards rode behind and in front of the royal carriage that Dahlia was riding in.

So far, the ride had been uneventful. They'd passed through one town already to replenish some food and water their horses. As they got farther from the sea, the breeze died down and the humidity lessened the farther they got inland. Which of course was nice for Illyana who was traveling in full armor, minus her helm. They were coming up on a forest and Illyana moved Nocte a little closer to the carriage due to the narrowing road.

"How are you doing, Princess?" Illyana asked as she bent down a little to look through the carriage window.

• Love
The carriage ride gave Dahlia time to reflect on the previous night. Not just the wedding, but her meeting with Aroch and finding out that he was seeing Annalise. There was also the fact that she had shared a bed with Illyana, though that was more embarrassing than alarming, now that she thought about it. There was no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed. Nothing happened. Dahlia thought to herself, as she propped her elbow up on the window sill and watched the greenery go by. Her lids started to droop and she was having difficulty keeping her eyes open.

Everything melted away into a smokey cloud of darkness and castle walls rose up, complete with lavish decorations and a throne forged of gold. No longer could she feel the carriage wheels underneath as they traveled down the roads. Standing before her was Aroch, or someone that looked just like him. They were in a castle now, and Aroch was speaking with a man wearing heavy, dark robes. She couldn't see his face underneath the hood, nor hear their voices. But the robed man turned to her, his eyes almost glowing from underneath the veil. He then turned back to Aroch, and Dahlia snapped awake when she heard Illyana's voice beside her.

"I'm well, but we may need to stop soon." Dahlia said, as she pushed the curtain aside and leaned towards Illyana. "I'm dying of boredom in here. Shall we go for a walk later?" The princess asked with a smile, when she caught a glint of silver in the passing brush. Dahlia quirked a brow and poked her head out of the window about halfway to see if it was still there. All Dahlia could see now was the thick foliage, nothing out of the ordinary. She looked back at Illyana with a calm smile, reluctant as she settled back down into her seat.

She sighed to herself and picked her sketch pad up from the seat beside her, and opened to the last drawing she'd started. As she brought charcoal to paper, the carriage horses neighed loudly and used their hind legs to skid to a stop. Dahlia grabbed a hold of the bar attached to her door, bracing herself as the wheels stumbled over the beaten path through the forest. Dahlia was shaking by the time the carriage stopped, and she worried that this had something to do with what she'd seen in the forest. She pushed the door open and could only get it about halfway as it hit the side of a tree.

Dahlia moved to the front window and lifted the latch, the glass lifting with a squeak. She saw the coachman had left his post and was trying to settle the horses down, as well as a family of large elk grazing in the road. They weren't startled by the looks of it, but the horses were still upset. Dahlia scooted to the other side of the carriage and opened the door.

The ground felt unsteady underneath her feet, like she had just stepped off of boat and onto land for the first time. Using the side of the carriage for balance, Dahlia traveled along to the front where Illyana and the coachman were. Out of the corner of her eye she saw yet another glint of silver. But this time it was closer, and there were more. She could hear a faint whispering coming from the brush, loud enough to hear bits and pieces of a conversation taking place.

"...she saw us."
"Wait..."

"Illyana!" Dahlia attempted to warn a little too late as an arrow shot forth from the trees, just barely missing the princess and hitting the coachmen in the shoulder. He fell to his knees, holding his hands against the arrow as blood spilled between his fingers. Another one pierced the air, this time striking the calf. It cried out as its legs crumpled underneath its body, sending the horses and the elk into a frenzy. Dahlia lunged for the ground, and turned onto her back to see a dozen or so men emerging from the bushes. Most wielded bows, though some had daggers and swords. They looked more like bandits than anything, and Dahlia crawled backwards towards the carriage.

• Love
It wasn't surprising to the knight that Dahlia was bored, they had been traveling for a long time and it probably was time to rest the horses. Illyana just nodded as she sat back up and moved Nocte up to the driver. "The next body of water we see, we will be stopping to rest the horses and give the princess a chance to stretch her legs." She said as she trotted alongside the carriage.

"Of course, Knight Commander." The driver nodded as they continued along. When they traveled deeper into the forest, a herd of elk moved out into the road to graze. They lifted their heads to see the envoy moving towards them, but they didn't seem to care much as they continued to do what they wanted. The carriage horses, however, seemed to be a bit spooked by the beasts as they skidded to a halt. "Woah!" The driver exclaimed as he pulled back on the reins to keep horses from moving off the road.

"Easy, now!" Illyana halted Nocte and dismounted to try and help the driver get the horses under control. "They're just elk, no need to act up you silly creatures." The knight heard rustling in the brush and turned, furrowing her brow to try and see if she could find anything else, other than the elk, that could be causing the noise.

"Illyana!"

The knight heard Dahlia yell and turned just in time to see an arrow bury itself into the driver. "Bryant!" The woman grabbed the man and pulled him down to the ground. Another arrow hit the calf among the elk and caused the whole herd to start stampeding. Illyana scowled as she broke the shaft of the arrow. "Keep pressure on the wound and stay down." The driver nodded as Illyana watched the other soldiers that were traveling with them fall from their horses, arrows hitting the weak areas in their armor. The knight picked up a shield from a fallen guard and moved towards the carriage where she'd heard Dahlia's voice. Illyana stood, drew her sword and cut the harness to the spooked horses attached to the carriage free so they wouldn't trample the driver. She found Dahlia next to the carriage and moved in front of her and the numerous men emerging from the forest.

"Just hand over the princess," One of the men spoke as about six men drew their bows, their arrows all trained on the Knight Commander. "And we will let you live, you're no match for all of us, lady knight. So why don't you just cut your losses."

"I am the Knight Commander of the Lunarian military," Illyana narrowed her eyes and pointed her sword at the man who had spoken. The men were raggedly dressed and even though they were well organized, their stances and lack of hygiene had her assuming they were just bandits. "You'll have a harder time with me then you're anticipating. And I guarantee that all of you will be dead before you lay hands on Her Majesty, even if I have to die to keep her safe."

The men all laughed at Illyana's threat, but she just narrowed her eyes as she glanced back at Dahlia. "Please get in the carriage, princess, and try to stay low." She made sure that Dahlia was safe in the carriage before she glanced back at the bandits. There were at least twelve of them, and even though Illyana was confident in her skills, she knew she wasn't going to get out of this predicament unscathed. The lead bandit just chuckled as Illyana held up her shield and he raised his hand.

"Take her down." Immediately, a volley of arrows came at Illyana and she brought the shield up to protect her face as the other arrows missed her completely. When the whistling in the air was finished, Illyana launched forward, taking out the nearest bowman with the shield and thrusting her sword into the one next to him. The other men dropped their bows and retrieved their blades before collapsing on the knight.

Illyana brought her shield up to block a sword as she parried another with her own blade. She wasn't new to being outnumbered and the knight did her best to keep the bandits occupied and away from Dahlia. These men were't trained, but that didn't matter when they had numbers. She took out three more before taking her first injury. The sting of a blade caught her on her left side as she blocked a sword with her shield. She grunted before elbowing the man in the face and then connecting her shield with his face. That was six, only six more.The clashing of swords was echoing in the air as Illyana continued to fight. The bandits were getting smarter, taking turns going after the knight as she started to get fatigued.

"Geoffrey, get the princess." The bandit leader chuckled as the five others continued to fight with Illyana. The knight watched as one of the men backed off and headed to the carriage. The knight growled and felt her muscles fire as a warmth grew behind her eyes. She grunted before taking a hit to the shoulder so she could hold one bandit off and stab another. Her energy was starting to return as she withdrew her sword from the bandit's body and went after the next one. She was getting faster as she dropped her shield and picked up a sword from a fallen bandit before throwing it at the man that was headed towards the carriage. The blade hit its mark in the man's back and he fell to the ground in front of the carriage.

"Wh-what's...what's happening to her?!" One of the men stopped fighting and took a few steps back. "You all...you all see that right?! She's glowing!" The three remaining men were looking at her in awe and fear. Illyana looked down to see the white aura surrounding her body. She'd almost forgotten that she'd had these dormant guardian powers.

"Who cares what's happening!" The leader growled as he clenched his jaw. "Just kill her!" The men, once again, charged Illyana, despite their fear. She just brought her sword up and waited for them to get closer. As the first one came at her, she ducked down and thrust her sword into the man's chest before pulling it out again. She spun and slashed her blade through the other man's gut, slicing him in half. She turned, blood splattered on the right side of her face and her gauntlets. Her glowing eyes stared at the leader who had stopped his advance and was trembling in his boots.

"I won't let you live." Illyana growled as she stalked towards the man, slinging her sword down to free it off the access blood on the steel. "Threatening the Princess of Lunaria is an offense punishable by death." She reached the man as he fell to his knees and dropped his sword. "Begging won't save your life, knave."

The knight raised her sword before swinging it down quickly, removing his head from his shoulders. The knight sighed heavily as her sword rested in the ground and she tried to catch her breath. She felt her energy and strength fading as the aura around her body dissipated, her legs suddenly feeling too weak to hold her up. Illyana collapsed onto the ground, her hand going to the wound on her side as she sat on the ground. Now that she was back to herself, she felt the small wounds she hadn't noticed on her arms in the gaps in her armor.

Last edited:
  • Love
Dahlia wished she had been stronger, but in that moment, she couldn't do anything more than act like what she was. The fact that these men were nothing more than bandits made them even more predictable, but she knew that they would want everything they had on them, and then some... She made eye contact with one of the bandits, a filthy look on his face. Breathing shakily, she slipped her hand underneath her skirt. She went through thick layers of fabric, and found her letter opener. A spark seemed to light inside of her to fight, before her eyes met with a authoritative Illyana.

There was a moment of hesitation, Dahlia wondering if Illyana would be okay without her. She knew the answer to that question already. Tempted to ask herself the same question, Dahlia turned clumsily and hurried into the carriage, continuing to hold onto the handle long after the door was shut. She was more afraid than the previous times her or Illyana's life had been endanger, and as the voices outside came closer to ending their conversation, Dahlia feared the worst. Surely their luck had been running out with these encounters?

Illyana...
Dahlia swallowed and moved the lower left corner of the curtain aside, her eyes nearly closing as she saw all of them piling onto Illyana and the dead bodies in the area accumulating as Illyana fought them off. Dahlia marveled at Illyana's strength, and her eyes started to water. Illyana was okay, but seeing her fight so hard, so savagely... made Dahlia sick to her stomach. Feeling she might be sick, she lowered her head against her arm and clasped her hand around her mouth tight. She took deep breaths, heart beating so fast she felt out of breath immediately. Get a grip. Dahlia told herself, as she willed herself to keep watching.

A gasp left her throat when she opened the curtain to see a strange man approaching the carriage. Dahlia went to grab the door handle once more, until beads of red splattered against the window and the man fell to ground. Her hand relaxed on the door handle, and she looked at the droplets of blood that decorated the glass. There was blood everywhere, and body parts... She closed her eyes tight, a white aura so bright that Dahlia saw it from behind her eyelids. Illyana glowed a pure white, standing out among the bandits like some otherwordly creature. Dahlia knew that Illyana had hidden abilities, but seeing them again was surreal.

Dahlia could only watch on in amazement...and horror, as Illyana cut through the last of the bandits with ease. She couldn't hear everything, but seeing the leader and Illyana speak, it was clear what was taking place. What would Illyana do? She asked that question as Illyana severed the leader's head from his shoulders. Dahlia shut her eyes, terrified to see where it would land. She opened up again as Illyana hit the ground, and Dahlia burst through the carriage door.

The fresh air steadied Dahlia's senses, as she rushed over bodies to reach Illyana's side. There was so much blood everywhere that Dahlia only knew where Illyana was hurt from where she'd been holding it.

"Illyana, we have to get you and Bryant inside. You're in no condition to ride."
Dahlia said worriedly, glancing over at the coachman who'd been injured. "Your wounds will only worsen." She lowered herself to Illyana's level and gave a grunt as she started to help her to feet. A wave of relief hit her suddenly as they walked, and she inhaled sharply through her nose as her vision began to blur. She wanted to get away from all of this as quickly as possible, then...she could relax.

"I'll get Bryant."
Dahlia said, a light tremble in her voice as she broke away from the knight commander and towards the coachman. "Can you stand, Bryant?" She asked firmly, kneeling on his uninjured side, to get underneath his arm. "I'm sorry." The man gave a cry as he got to his feet, Dahlia's bottom lip shaking as as she got him to the door. It wasn't fair that everyone had gotten hurt and she was left unharmed due to their sacrifice. She bit the side of her tongue, trying to remain confident, or at least appear so.

"I'm going to get us home from here. You're both too hurt to ride, and it wouldn't do any of us good if either of you collapses up there." Dahlia said, in a way that meant it wasn't up for discussion. Her usual bossiness didn't feel as effective. She was sad that Illyana had to fight, but grateful that they were still alive.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Illyana sat on her knees as the world around her muted. There was a ringing in her ears and she felt her breathing get heavier. This was too familiar, the carnage and the fighting, it took her back to the days when she was just a foot soldier in the royal army. The days she'd spent in Sorastus killing the enemy...killing other soldiers. She'd lost herself a few times fighting in those days, she had been young...probably too young to be a soldier, and those memories stayed with her even after the war had been won. Illyana had suffered from night terrors after that for so long that she'd had to have Lady Ashera give her herbs to help her sleep.

The knight was having flash backs. One minute she was in the field next to the road, and the next she was on a battlefield stained with blood and all she could hear was shouting. Cries of men before they fell to the ground with swords and arrows protruding from their bodies. Illyana blinked rapidly, finally coming back to the present and seeing Princess Dahlia rushing towards her. The princess's mouth was moving, but Illyana couldn't hear anything. Her brow furrowed as she tried harder to hear what the princess was saying, but it didn't help. The blonde's voice was muffled and before she knew it, Dahlia was helping her to her feet.

Dahlia guided her back to the carriage and made sure that Illyana was all right before going to tend to Bryant. Illyana's senses finally returned and she felt the aching, sharp pains of her wounds. Her breathing had evened out and she glanced down at her hand that was still holding her side. The bleeding had slowed, but not stopped and the knight sat back against the carriage. She heard the sounds of slow, but heavy steps coming towards her and she opened her eyes to see Nocte walking towards her. When he reached her, he sniffed her before nudging her head with his nose.

"Thanks." She muttered, her voice raspy as she lifted her free hand and patted the horse's nose. "I'm glad you're all right." She closed her eyes again and heard Dahlia return with Bryant. She guided the man into the coach and Illyana looked up from where she was sitting. She wasn't exactly sure what to say to Dahlia. Illyana had hoped to never have to kill in front of the princess, but she supposed some circumstances couldn't be helped. For some reason she felt a bit ashamed. Maybe because she still suffered from the people she'd slaughtered in her younger years.

"I'll be fine to ride in a few minutes." Illyana said finally, lowering her gaze. She heard hooves thundering off in the distance and looked down the road to see a group of soldiers riding towards them. When they neared, they pulled their horses to a halt, all of their eyes going wide when they saw the bloody mess before them.

"W-we'd heard there'd been some trouble on this road the past few days." One of the soldiers spoke as they dismounted their horse and moved towards them. Illyana managed to pick herself up, holding onto the wheel of the carriage for support as the soldier reached her. "Are you all ok?" It was very obvious that not everyone was ok, Illyana and Bryant mainly, but she was too weak to throw sarcasm at his question. When the soldier laid his eyes on the Lunarian crest on Nocte's saddle, he flinched and bowed his head. "Forgive me, Princess! If we had known that you'd be passing through we would've offered you more protection!"

"I think it's pretty very clear to see that I was enough to protect the princess." Illyana said finally, trying to straighten up as much as she could to look the soldier in the eye. "Though it would've been nice to know that there had been trouble along this road."

"Please, how can we help you?"
The soldier asked as he lowered his head again. "There's a nearby town up the road a couple miles, let us escort you."

"Our driver has been injured, he needs medical attention." The Knight Commander answered as she continued to hold her wound. "The princess will also need to be escor-" Before Illyana could say anymore, her legs buckled and she fell to her knees again. The soldier moved forward to catch her under the arms and she winced, hissing through her teeth as her body registered the wounds she had been ignoring. Blood began to stain the soldier's armor as he gasped and called for one of his comrades. "Please, make sure her Highness is safe first." Illyana grunted as she was supported by the two men.

"We will get you into town and then come back for the carriage." The soldier answered as he led her to his horse. The two men carefully hoisted her into the saddle and she grunted as she felt her wounds scream in protest. The soldier then mounted the horse behind her and didn't waste time kicking the mount into a canter. The jarring made the knight's whole body ache and the ride seemed to last forever instead of the few minutes that it actually took to get to the town.

Before Illyana could protest, she was taken into what she could only assume was an inn and laid on a bed. A few seconds later, she saw Bryant being carried in as well and settled on a bed next to her. A healer arrived shortly after with an apprentice and soon Illyana's armor was removed and her wounds were being cleaned. She was given some sort of foliage to chew on and it seemed to help dull her pain.

"You're lucky to be alive."
The healer commented as she sewed up the last of Illyana's wounds on her shoulder. "I've seen men with fewer minor wounds and thinking they're going to die. And yet here you are still awake and causing less of a fuss than a man with blister." The healer chuckled as she cut the string and put a salve over the wound. "You should be fine to travel again in a day or so. The soldiers that found you have offered to escort you all back to Lunaria once they fix up your carriage so you won't have to ride and your driver won't have to agitate his wound."

"How is Bryant?" Illyana asked as she looked at the woman. She was older, maybe in her forties, she had dark brown hair that had a bit of gray in it and hazel eyes. "And the princess, where is she?"

"Bryant is fine." The healer answered as she looked over at her apprentice who was stitching the man up. "His right arm will be a bit sore for a while, so I don't know how well he'll be able to drive. But he will live and doesn't have any nerve damage from what I can tell." The woman smiled before glancing back down at Illyana. "As for her Royal Highness, she will come around soon. We asked her to stay out of the room for the time being. She seemed pretty distraught when we realized just how many injuries you had. If you like I can let her know she can come and see you."

"I'd like that." Illyana answered as she clenched her jaw and moved, to the best of her ability, so she was resting against the headboard on the bed. "She's had a rough day."

"So have you." The healer retorted as she stood and shook her head. "Just try not to over do it. You need rest and so does the princess. I'm sure she's in a bit of shock." With that the healer turned on her heel and left the room, shutting the door with a soft click.

Last edited:
  • Love
There was little any of the soldiers, or the healers, could do to stop Dahlia from doing as she pleased. It was unacceptable for them to even try, foolish for them to even think that she would rest without seeing that Illyana receive the best care. She worried about Bryant as well, but not half as much as she did the knight commander. For one, they didn't seem to be guarding Bryant's door the way they did Illyana's. Dahlia had tried several times to visit her bodyguard, but they all insisted it was for the best that Illyana not be disturbed. How outrageous! Was all the princess could think, as she pushed up off of queen sized bed that had been provided to her. It was supposedly the best room they had, but it was only making her miserable.

The sun was still out, and there was only an hour or so left before the moon was high in the sky. Dahlia walked over to the window, pushing the curtains aside and absorbing the sight before her. Villagers wrapping up the day, children giggling as they chased one another through the market stalls. She could see all of this from her window, and though it calmed her, she was still dissatisfied with the current situation. She would wait, however, until nightfall before leaving her room.

The next couple of hours seemed to drag on. Dahlia busied herself by working on an incomplete sketch of her father, but it was difficult to finish it without him being present. Still, it ate up a decent amount of time and she was ready to see Illyana. No more waiting or hanging around. Dahlia donned her cloak and pulled the hood up over her head. She walked over to the bedroom door, turning the knob quietly to peek into the poorly lit hall. There was a heavily armored individual standing in her path, and she just about screamed in frustration. Taking a deep breath, she silently shut the door and planted her hands on her hips. There wasn't much thinking involved when Dahlia made her way over to the window, and lifted the latch that kept it from opening.

As she swung one leg over the windowsill, she visualized where Illyana was in the inn. She had one of the rooms in the back, which made things much easier on her end. No point in sneaking around the front.

Dahlia, quite pleased with herself, smiled eagerly as both feet landed gently on the ground. Her midnight blue cloak helped to conceal her while she moved, and luckily for her, most of the villagers were inside. She could see the faint orange of a flame in the distance, and began to move quicker. Her ears felt like they were standing on top of her head as she stepped on twigs and branches. She looked over her shoulder as she turned the corner leading to the back of the building, heart racing suddenly as she envisioned Aroch stalking behind her. She hurriedly picked up the pace, reaching down and swiftly removing her letter opener from her hose. Almost huffing, Dahlia glanced through the windows as she passed, searching for Illyana.

Finally, she came upon a small room occupied by a lone figure, silver-haired and strong. The moonlight reflected against those white strands in such a way that Dahlia couldn't help but to stare. Seeing that Illyana was still alive quelled many of her worries, and she considered turning back around and returning to her own room. It was chilly outside, and if anyone caught her sneaking around armed with a letter opener... Well, she didn't even want to imagine how embarrassing that would be.​

Last edited:
  • Love
It had been several hours and still Illyana hadn't seen Dahlia. At some point after Bryant had been looked over, then removed and taken to a separate room. The sun was already below the horizon and the knight sighed softly as she laid in bed. There was some bustling going on in the hallways of the inn, but the commotion had died down quite a bit since the sun began to set. Most of the pain had been dulled from whatever the healer had put on the wounds and she could almost feel them healing on their own. She wasn't sure if that was because of the healer or the mysterious power she'd suddenly acquired.

The knight was getting a bit anxious. She had slept for a bit after the healer had left and now was having trouble getting back to sleep. Her mind kept wandering back to the bandits who had ambushed the carriage. If there was one thing that Illyana had trouble with, it was dwelling on past battles. Ever since the battle she became famous for, she had a hard time killing. All she kept seeing was her decapitating that man over and over. Her brow furrowed as her eyes closed and she felt her body tense as she replayed the fight.

Illyana made a bad habit of dwelling on negative things, particularly the people she had killed in battle. When she was younger, her nightmares had gotten so bad she'd needed some herbs to help her sleep. They'd get so vivid that she would think she was back in the fight and sometimes acted out. It wasn't her proudest moments, but she had little to no control over them. She did her best to keep her mind sharp when she was fighting, but killing triggered her past memories.

The knight was drawn out of her thoughts when she heard some rustling outside of her window. Illyana paused, holding her breath almost as she turned towards the window. She heard another noise and she slowly, carefully, got out of bed. Her muscles were a little achy, but she ignored them as she moved towards the window. What if it was another bandit come to seek revenge for his fallen comrades? Would anyone be thick enough to try and off her while she was awake?

Illyana clenched her jaw before reaching out the open window and grabbing someone. "You won't be rid of me while making all that noise!" Illyana grunted as she lifted the body and moved, ignoring the shooting pain in her arms before pinning the body down against her mattress. She glared down at the person she'd captured and blinked, noticing the familiar scent and catching a glimpse of blonde hair. "Dahlia?" The knight loosened her grip on the princess, but kept her pinned down. "What are you doing here at this hour?"

• Love