- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman

3803fad5d29b7416e8da08159d8eeff2.png
In the land of kings and monsters, the people prayed for mercy from the chaos and two gods answered. One a woman with a beauty beyond compare with flowing red hair streaked with golds of the sun and blues of the skies, and the other, a man with strength no one could best. The woman, goddess Mariun, bestowed upon her four chosen individuals objects that appeared unique only to the individual it was destined for but seemed no more than a broken trinket to those not worthy. The man, god Raoul, bestowed upon his four chosen armor that could withstand demonic magic and blades that could cut through the toughest skins. Lead by these merciful gods, they alone restored order to the chaos. It was they who founded the Order of the Destined.

362c6e505a955c7d0cac34b713ffa5f4.png
The Order of the Destined was founded by two gods, Mariun, goddess of magic and sorcery, the sky, will, and birds, and Raoul, god of earth, metal, politics, and war. Together with their Destined, they brought wonder and hope into a world were there seemed to be none. But once the two gods felt their work was done, they chose two of their destined to lead the order and continue their practise and bestowed upon them their last gift, and perhaps the most precious, knowledge to aid them in their noble quest for order.

A century had passed since the rise of the Order, and since then what started off as a humble organization has turned into one of the greatest forces of this time with branches in every kingdom far and wide. But the Castle-city of Haven was where their story had started, the seaside settlement transforming into the largest city in the kingdom, and perhaps all of the nine great kingdoms. In the center, the castle towering tall and proud over it's people. In honor of Mariun and Raoul, a queen and king with equal power are chosen to lead, and it is to them the Order has sworn their loyalty.

The Order itself resides in a now sprawling construct on the edge of the city. Built right up against the Grand Wall that protects the city of outside invasion and monstrous forces at works it houses numerous disciples with new children, whether born or recruited, coming in on a semi-regular basis, and masters that help guide these children into initiates. A work staff aids in the care of the residences and the up keep of the grounds, but are by no means servants. Disciples, initiates, members, and masters alike are expected to clean up after themselves and are in charge of their living spaces. The grounds can house children thirteen and older, keeping the younger disciples, children who are still training to become initiates, in rooms of four with two bunk beds and chests to store items, and the older disciples, those who have seen their fifteenth winter in rooms of two with two beds and chests. Once inituated upon seeing their eighteenth winter, they are given the choice to live off grounds. The younger disciples, children who are still learning about the world, often live in nursery houses off the grounds in clusters of seven with a woman and a man to look after them. Unless one or both of their parents belong to the Order, then they can stay with them until the age of thirteen.

Besides living spaces, the Order also has a large dining room where they serve three meals a day, kitchens where anyone other than kitchen staff is not allowed, training grounds for both martial and magical purposes, classrooms, and study halls. Upon entrance, one can find themselves in the main hall where announcenents are given, disciples are initiated, and members can find missions posted on the message board; however, personally assigned missions, while rare, can be arranged in many other ways. The local bath houses and other establishments such as the forges also serve the Order for recreational and intellectual purposes.

But not all is well. Recently, Destined, a pairing of one warrior of Raoul and one sorceress of Mariun, have been going missing during their assignments and the Order is starting to become worried, especially now when they are to initiate their graduating disciples and send them off on their first quest. Murmurings have started amongst the masters of whether or not they should proceed, or delay the initiation until the two missing parties can be found. If they do, it would the first initiation delayed since the Order of the Destined was established.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Nemopedia
Okay, I know I said I took it upon myself to fill out the bestiary, but come on. A little help here. There's a lot of other letters. And the really hard ones like z and u.

Petal Snapper.
A small lizard like creature that lives in any area that has flowering plants. Most are colored to match the flora in the area of their birth, though some tropic species are brightly colored and put on a magnificent display. The Petal Snapper gets it's name for the frill that runs around the entirety of it's head, making it look much like a flower when faced head on. Primarily eating small animals that mistake it for a flower, the species as a whole has built up a tolerance to all known biological poisons and venoms. In fact, they store these toxins in it's body. When a potential predator eats one and gets violently sick, it will look somewhere else for a meal the next time it sees a Petal Snapper.

Knowledge
- The bite from a Petal Snapper is slightly venomous, causing inflation and numbness around the area of the bite. However, tribes in the deep jungles have collected a vast quantity of tropical Petal Snapper venom and concentrated it. This concentrated venom is dramatically worse then the regular bite, causing the whole limb to swell and undergo necrosis, where tissue rots and falls off, as well as completely paralyze the victim.
-Gardeners have taken a liking to them, especially the tropical ones. For they add a splash of color to their garden and get rid of pesky insects.

Z = zombies.
U = unicorns.

ez pz

Okay, I know I said I took it upon myself to fill out the bestiary, but come on. A little help here. There's a lot of other letters. And the really hard ones like z and u.

If you want help consult some supernatural and mythical creature lists :3 Just try not adding any more gods. I have some concepts jotted down myself but they won't be finalized until I figure out how I'm going to to use them. But thanks to you I have at least three missions planned ^.^ I'll talk one over with you when it comes to it.

Last edited:
  • I'm SHOOK
Some of the creatures that I have in mind will only be perceived as gods, or at the very least connected to them in some way. And yay, missions! I can totally see one with the Torkin Beastman tribe.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
I meant god gods :P Like Muriun and Raoul.

...and I should probably list them in the Bestiarium now that I think on it.

And that was exactly the mission I had in mind x3

Just a heads up everyone, there will only be one mission (mentioned in the interest check and will be expanded upon come Thursday) to start with but you'll be split into groups of four between two jobs. Next will come two missions at the same time and you'll be split between teams of four to handle them. I've also decided to be the one to assign players to missions partly because one destined can't sign up without their other destined, partly because I will need certain characters in certain places.

• I'm SHOOK
Like Muriun and Raoul.

Oh, and I should also mentioned that in the Kingdom of Haven these two gods are the most prominent. If there are going to be other "godly" creatures present, they're not going to have much of a large following.

• I'm SHOOK
Ulladin
Ulladins flock to the oasis of deserts of Shaona, providing a cacophony of noise as well as a rainbow display of feathers. Ulladin males in particular are especially vibrant, in comparison the female's impressive plumage is considered dull. Considered tall when they are just three feet tall, their wingspan can easily double their height and have tail feathers as long as they are tall. With these coupled together, the males throw their wings over their heads and lift their tails up to fill in any gaps to show off their mirage of colors in an attempt to impress females. This display marks the beginning of festivals dedicated to the goddess Muriun and the sun, the local legend saying that is what the males are doing instead of trying to woo a quick hook up.

The feathers of Ulladin are sought after as charms to ward off evil and are also used in fans, their size and color making it an attractive way to remain cool during the desert day. Down from Ulladin are used to stuff pillows, blankets, and the occasional article of clothing. These resulting Ulladin down products are considered luxury items due to their extreme softness.
Knowledge
-Ulladin beaks are slightly serrated in order to keep wriggling fish from escaping. This also means that they do hurt when they bite.
-Alone, Ulladin don't pose much of a problem. But occasional cullings are required to keep their numbers manageable so as not to over tax the oasis.
-Male Ulladin are a common sight in noble houses, particularly near the entrance.

Calacian Saber Tooths

Massive predatory cats, the Calacian Saber Tooth can easily take down a horse, though they aren't it's main source of food. Large enough to ride, the Calacian Saber Tooth, Calacian Saber for short, lives in the expansive and relatively flat plains of Calacian. Blending into the tall golden grass, the Calacian Saber is much quieter then one would expect from an almost horse sized predator and can easily slink through the grass and right into a camp for a quick meal if the guards are not careful and aware. Though powerful, the Calacian Saber is a rather reclusive creature most likely to avoid the wrath of the humans that burn it's home in order to plant fields of crops.

Calacian villages that stick to their traditional ways see the Calacian Saber as an embodiment of leadership, power, and courage. To wear even a small part of this creature is enough for you to be respected by villages that still believe in this. Legends say that the king that united the Calacian tribes had a crown made of the massive teeth of the Calacian Saber.

Knowledge
-The two long and curved teeth of a Calacian Saber are highly sought after for their supposed remedial qualities. However, they can also be forged into rather strong weapons.
-The Calacian Saber relies on stealth more then brute force, but it can easily rip a man in two.
-The Calacian Saber is fearful of fire. Use this to your advantage to either ward it off or drive it into an advantageous position.

Reactions: Beowulf
W.I.P.

Hex Code: #00FF00 (This is for Green, yes?)

Name: Aurora Kraeriant

Personality:

- Arrogant: Believes with absolute certainty that she is above the average person, even if she isn't actively attempting to be meaninglessly disrespectful. Her confidence in herself and her supposed higher place in the world and purpose aren't things she's shy to tell about.
- Hard to understand: A mix of strange/old language, weird metaphors, and twisted point of view make it hard for her to get her point across.
- Loner: Doesn't like crowds and even small company is hard for her to manage since she most likely feels detached from those who "aren't like her". Lonely at the top, and what have you

+ Selfless: As taught at home, she doesn't actively seek to benefit herself even if she could. While it's hard for her to tell the others why, and sometimes they may shun her for the way she speaks and treats them, ultimately the burdens she places on herself are so that others don't have to do so.
+ Optimist: Regardless of how bleak or hopeless the situation is (and even when planning for the worst), her spirit and certainty are tied to the better outcome, to what is beneficial to all even if it is unrealistic.
+ Diligent: Is orderly, efficient, meticulous and planning when it comes to the work she must do, from the mundane to the extraordinary.

Role: Sorceress

Destined Object: Chained gauntlet with jewels, criss-crossing along her left arm. It's actually three chains - gold, silver, bronze.
Trinket: A simple green bracelet.
Magic Source: Emerald Frost.

Appearance: Small, sharp nose. Green eyes. Hazel hair, long but always tied in a bun. 161 cm tall. Figure is very curvy. Tan skin.

Everyday Outfit: Dark blue side cape (on the right), sleeveless red turtleneck blouse, white belt, red knee-length skirt, white high-heels (10 cm)
Aurora_Everyday_Final.png

Transformation Outfit: White metal helmet with two green horns protruding towards the back from above the ear level, and a transparent bronze glass-like visor. Green choker. White form-fitting lycra suit with one long green stripe on the side of each leg, one long green stripe along the front of the upper segment along where a zipper would normally be located, a green stripe along where a belt would be found, going all around. The stripes sometimes glow. White sports shoes. The suit has rugged armored segments on the sides of the torso and the back, the forearms the upper legs.
Aurora_Transform_Final.png

Power: 4/10
Control: 9/10
Speed: 2/10
Offensive: 2/10
Defensive: 9/10
Healing: 4/10

Moveset:

1. Emerald Mirror- Creates a smooth, slightly transparent, curved, green ice surface at a distance (range up to 5 meters, surface up to 2 meters in diameter, 5 cm thick). Reflects projectiles, median durability.
  2. Three Penances - Creates three rugged, slightly transparent, green ice crosses that float around Aurora (range up to 3 meter radius around her, crosses are up to 175 cm tall, 30 cm thick). Auto-intercept attacks, extremely high durability. After blocking an attack, if the foe does not retreat, the cross will strike to deal damage and push the foe away from Aurora.
  3. Frost Mist - Creates a shimmering, green haze (range up to 7.5 meter radius around her). Non-friendly presences experience reduced visibility, drastically reduced temperature (- 50 Celsius).
  4. Emerald Guardian - Creates a smooth, slightly transparent, curving, green ice sculpture in the shape of a standard humanoid golem (up to 5 meter operational radius around her, golem up to 2 meters tall). Guards an assigned target, engaging any non-friendly presences in combat. High durability.
  5. Frost Eruption - Creates a jagged, slightly transparent, sharp, green ice eruption from the ground at a distance (range up to 4 meters around her, eruption up to 2 meters high, 2 meters wide). Pierces/cuts/serrates/impales. Low durability.

Biography:
  • Born as only daughter of a pair of Destined with relatively close ties to the crown family.
  • Destined parents retired, raised her to take care of others and lead. Taught her to always be mindful of her work and do it on time.
  • Before she became 13 she fancied herself the new Grand Sorceress and 'ruled' playgrounds, talking weird and thus making it hard to get what she was saying beyond her being at the top. Magical Awareness allowed her to know about her magical ability, she used this to justify her 'ruling'.
  • Her experiences as tyrant made it hard for her to make friends once she became an official Disciple, especially since she refused to let go of her aura of superiority and being above everybody else in spite of now being surrounded by others with magical ability.
  • Teenage years marked by difficulty explaining herself and expressing her feelings properly. Reached a critical point where she was constantly depressed and annoyed at the Masters and her fellow Disciples.
  • Was pulled out of her slump by an older Warrior, her first hard crush (others had come and gone but nothing like that), who showed her to have a positive outlook on things. Tragically he disappeared and has not been heard of since, but following what he taught her, now she awaits convinced that he will return for her (how couldn't he?)

Relationships:

Gareth - At a young age, the two often crossed paths in playgrounds, where Gareth was a 'subject' to Aurora's attempts at 'ruling'. The boy would be confused at why some girl would shout at him to get him to do things for the supposed benefit of the playground, but would not cooperate much, stubborn as he was even from childhood. Neither would forget each other.

Payton - An old childhood acquaintance of Aurora, not quite a friend and not quite an enemy. In their early years, Aurora's playground 'government' plans often clashed with Payton's opposition to her - a sort of Rebel vs Queen dynamic that over the years evolved into a friendly rivalry, a game of sorts. After the two became disciples, with Aurora becoming more of a loner, she and Payton began seeing each other less. Even so, their fire-forged relationship has led to the two trusting each other - few people know you as well as those you've clashed with over and over again, as they say.

Aureolis - Somebody Aurora didn't meet until after becoming a Disciple. From the start, Aurora's loner tendencies didn't mix well with his social proactivity, and the playboy routine didn't charm her much either. Further, their contrasting views on how somebody 'above the standard' should go about life and rule (when applicable) mean the two don't get along even though they're aware of each other.

Initiation ceremony:

Aurora was not a morning person in the least. She hated those pots even though she knew how necessary they were, and how she should be grateful to the early risers making them sound. It was thanks to them that she always managed to struggle out of bed and do her duties as they had to be done. This day, the anticipation for the coming ceremony was an added boost to her mood. She dressed and styled her hair, thinking how far she had come and how far she still had to go. She thought of those she'd left behind to rise to her status and call, and of those that now stood beside if not with her.
She ate her breakfast as ever, alone with her thoughts. She'd given up on the last ration of porridge, because the one to be served after her clearly needed it more than she did, because even without it Aurora knew she could shine brightly later that day, in the grand hall surrounded by masters and staff. She would be immaculate and presentable for when she stood before the Grand Sorceress and Grand Warrior.
Some time later, when she finally was in that hall, along with the other chosen seven, she could hardly believe it, could hardly stay still. Destiny was calling to her, she was sure. When Grand Sorceress Elenor called her name, Aurora would claim what was hers by right.

-
Original Post - Reservation WIP, basic info
Edit 1: Added last name, biography. Improved personality description. Improved formatting. Added Hex code.
Edit 2: Reduced font size, added moveset, added initiation ceremony, improved biography to include terms/references pertinent to the lore.
Edit 3: Addressed issues brought up in the first revision.
Edit 4: Added image for regular outfit, added preliminary relationship with Gareth, added attack name.
Edit 5: Added image for transformation (pardon my horrible GIMP skills), added attack names.
Edit 6: Added relationship with Payton.
Edit 7: Added relationship with Aureolis.

Character sheet finished! In theory I'm missing some relationships but i'll hammer those out on the go

• I'm SHOOK
Transformation Outfit: White metal helmet with two green horns protruding towards the back from above the ear level, and a transparent bronze glass-like visor. Green choker. White form-fitting lycra suit with one long green stripe on the side of each leg, one long green stripe along the front of the upper segment along where a zipper would normally be located, a green stripe along where a belt would be found, going all around. The stripes sometimes glow. White sports shoes. The suit has rugged armored segments on the sides of the torso and the back, the forearms the upper legs.
Aurora_Transform_Final.png
Sorry but her transformation is way too futuristic for this setting o.o; Mostly the helmet.

• I'm SHOOK
  • I'm SHOOK
Deseran

Deserans live in the country renowned for it's volcanic activity, Ashua. Standing 15m tall, taller then even a Scourge, Deserans have a flat, hammer like horn sitting on their snout. What this horn is used for is not known, but it is still sought after as a crafting material. Rust red and light brown, compared to the darker colors of it's surroundings the Deseran sticks out rather painfully, however it's size and strength persuades most would be predators to go away. Deserans do not actively hunt, but they are to large to rely solely on grazing on the sparce vegetation of Ashua. They are opportunistic hunters and omnivorous, eating whatever they can when they can. They have been known to drink from the sulfuric pools with no obvious harm to themselves. This may be due to a different digestive system compared to many other living creatures.

Knowledge
-To avoid fighting one, look intimidating. If there is even a chance that it has to put a lot of effort into a hunt, a Deseran will look elsewhere, unless it is starving.
-Imprints have been found in stone of much larger Deserans, making this species one of the oldest in the known world.
-Reports have come in of seeing a Deseran walking out of a lava pit with no ill effects. Further study is required to confirm or deny these claims.

Deseran

Deserans live in the country renowned for it's volcanic activity, Ashua. Standing 15m tall, taller then even a Scourge, Deserans have a flat, hammer like horn sitting on their snout. What this horn is used for is not known, but it is still sought after as a crafting material. Rust red and light brown, compared to the darker colors of it's surroundings the Deseran sticks out rather painfully, however it's size and strength persuades most would be predators to go away. Deserans do not actively hunt, but they are to large to rely solely on grazing on the sparce vegetation of Ashua. They are opportunistic hunters and omnivorous, eating whatever they can when they can. They have been known to drink from the sulfuric pools with no obvious harm to themselves. This may be due to a different digestive system compared to many other living creatures.

Knowledge
-To avoid fighting one, look intimidating. If there is even a chance that it has to put a lot of effort into a hunt, a Deseran will look elsewhere, unless it is starving.
-Imprints have been found in stone of much larger Deserans, making this species one of the oldest in the known world.
-Reports have come in of seeing a Deseran walking out of a lava pit with no ill effects. Further study is required to confirm or deny these claims.

If it's in another country it probably won't get used o.o That, and I rather have Scourges and Yoons be the biggest creatures. We're not so far back in time we're in the Jurassic era, you know. Massive things should be kept to a minimum. From now on, there shouldn't be anything larger than 6 meters (20 feet), and even that's pushing it.

• I'm SHOOK
Status
Not open for further replies.