- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman

3803fad5d29b7416e8da08159d8eeff2.png
In the land of kings and monsters, the people prayed for mercy from the chaos and two gods answered. One a woman with a beauty beyond compare with flowing red hair streaked with golds of the sun and blues of the skies, and the other, a man with strength no one could best. The woman, goddess Mariun, bestowed upon her four chosen individuals objects that appeared unique only to the individual it was destined for but seemed no more than a broken trinket to those not worthy. The man, god Raoul, bestowed upon his four chosen armor that could withstand demonic magic and blades that could cut through the toughest skins. Lead by these merciful gods, they alone restored order to the chaos. It was they who founded the Order of the Destined.

362c6e505a955c7d0cac34b713ffa5f4.png
The Order of the Destined was founded by two gods, Mariun, goddess of magic and sorcery, the sky, will, and birds, and Raoul, god of earth, metal, politics, and war. Together with their Destined, they brought wonder and hope into a world were there seemed to be none. But once the two gods felt their work was done, they chose two of their destined to lead the order and continue their practise and bestowed upon them their last gift, and perhaps the most precious, knowledge to aid them in their noble quest for order.

A century had passed since the rise of the Order, and since then what started off as a humble organization has turned into one of the greatest forces of this time with branches in every kingdom far and wide. But the Castle-city of Haven was where their story had started, the seaside settlement transforming into the largest city in the kingdom, and perhaps all of the nine great kingdoms. In the center, the castle towering tall and proud over it's people. In honor of Mariun and Raoul, a queen and king with equal power are chosen to lead, and it is to them the Order has sworn their loyalty.

The Order itself resides in a now sprawling construct on the edge of the city. Built right up against the Grand Wall that protects the city of outside invasion and monstrous forces at works it houses numerous disciples with new children, whether born or recruited, coming in on a semi-regular basis, and masters that help guide these children into initiates. A work staff aids in the care of the residences and the up keep of the grounds, but are by no means servants. Disciples, initiates, members, and masters alike are expected to clean up after themselves and are in charge of their living spaces. The grounds can house children thirteen and older, keeping the younger disciples, children who are still training to become initiates, in rooms of four with two bunk beds and chests to store items, and the older disciples, those who have seen their fifteenth winter in rooms of two with two beds and chests. Once inituated upon seeing their eighteenth winter, they are given the choice to live off grounds. The younger disciples, children who are still learning about the world, often live in nursery houses off the grounds in clusters of seven with a woman and a man to look after them. Unless one or both of their parents belong to the Order, then they can stay with them until the age of thirteen.

Besides living spaces, the Order also has a large dining room where they serve three meals a day, kitchens where anyone other than kitchen staff is not allowed, training grounds for both martial and magical purposes, classrooms, and study halls. Upon entrance, one can find themselves in the main hall where announcenents are given, disciples are initiated, and members can find missions posted on the message board; however, personally assigned missions, while rare, can be arranged in many other ways. The local bath houses and other establishments such as the forges also serve the Order for recreational and intellectual purposes.

But not all is well. Recently, Destined, a pairing of one warrior of Raoul and one sorceress of Mariun, have been going missing during their assignments and the Order is starting to become worried, especially now when they are to initiate their graduating disciples and send them off on their first quest. Murmurings have started amongst the masters of whether or not they should proceed, or delay the initiation until the two missing parties can be found. If they do, it would the first initiation delayed since the Order of the Destined was established.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Nemopedia
I just use name generators :3

• Creepy
Just have Magic Warriors allocate 25 instead of 35 for warrior stats. They can make up the difference with their magic stats.

• Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Updated the Character Sheets :)

• Creepy
Hex Code: #1B769D
Name: Lucille Celestine
Nicknames: Lucy

Personality:
+[Passionate]
There isn't much Lucille truly cares about, but the few activities and people that she does deem important do spark a small, yet fragile, flame of passion inside her. Allowing her to still function more-or-less properly to a certain degree.
+[Inteligent]
Lucille is a smart one, even for a Sorceress. Where others have to put in a lot of effort she simply understands.
+[Calm]
Lucille is a serene individual. Rarely showing any signs of aggressive behaviour and able to keep a cool head in most situations she moves at her own pace.
-[Apathetic]
Lucille holds for anything that fails to set her inner, small, flame of passion ablaze an entire other spectrum of feelings inside her - or moreso the lack of it. For those who don't know her any better, and even those who do, the ill sorcereress could even appear as sort of sluggish.
-[Asocial]
Not having much experience in interaction with other people, the young woman clearly lacks skills of social interaction. Nowadays, she doesn't even try and much rather avoids crowded places and similiar.
-[Dependent]
Despite her lack of trust in others, Lucille has neither a strong will to life nor any huge ambitions of her own, thus, Lucille often relies on those around her to push her into a certain direction.

Role: Sorceress

Destined Object: Silver pendant with a crystal-ball containing some sort of beautiful, ever-moving, pure energy.
Trinket: A simple leather pendant with a crude metal ball. Usually hidden away.
Transformation Appearance: Edge-Mode. Lucille is nearly engulfed in a long, tattered, black cloak. Seemingly alive, ever-shifting pieces of the ever-growing clothing never holds still while steadily losing parts of itself that quickly dissolve into thin-air. Furthermore, rather than looking like edge-black the cloak appears more to be like staring into a deep empty void. Her eyes become a lot more shinier and her hair turns white while transformed.
Everyday Appearance: Face Clothes - without the skull-attire though
Her choice of clothing might be considered odd by some people, but it's what the upper-class citizen in Lavagand wear. Her blue eyes might be mistaken by some for purple, but are blue regardless.

Magic
Magic Source: Arcane

Fluff
Lucille's magic is crude, simple and yet powerful. Rather than being able to create earthly spikes, craft a solid prison out of water or do the simple tasking of hurling a fireball at someone, the young woman's magic is 'raw magic itself. Unrefined in its execution, this form of magic requires a huge amount of resources however. Meaning, the cost to create a 'Magicbolt' is way higher than making its equivalent in a classical element. Luckily for Lucille however, she was cursed with huge quantities of such arcane energies.

■■■■■■■■■■ Power
■■■■■■■■■ Control
■■■■■■■■■■ Speed (how fast you can cast)
■■■■■■■■■■ Offensive
■■■■■■■■■■ Defensive
■■■■■■■■■■ Healing
Command: Enhance
Lucille is capable of casting magic which amplifies her future casts. The main component for this is the creation of a Magical Circle under her which streamlines the entire process of using magic in the first place.

Lucille is also capable of creating so called 'Wisps', entities of pure magic, under her command. These simple beings literally boost the power of her other spells, simply by empowering her own casts or casting just the same spell. Maintaining such a wisp, however, is only capable with at least one Circle in place.

The moment Lucille breaks contact with the Circle, like walking outside of it, the entire spell is broken and the Circle and all Wisps disappear.

Currently, Lucille is able of conjuring a very basic Circle and calling forth a single Wisp.

Command: Attack
Lucille's aggresive domain of magic, currently limited by casting a simple, single, bolt spell - two with a single Wisp in play.

Command: Defend
Lucille's defensive domain of magic, like protective barriers and healing. Currently, all she can maintain however is a relatively fragile unfocused full-body mana-shield - just big enough to protect her own body.

Command: Bind
Lucille's domain of disruption and control. Currently limited to casting a sort of magic rope that tries to entangle her target.

Command: Scan
Lucille is capable of getting a clearer view of Arcane contraptions and other magical things that she encounters - like a magical lock or barrier. Obviously, they are still a lot of things which go above her understanding, making her unable to even just understand them.

Biography:
• Lucy was born as the 5th daughter of a Patrician family in the Free Imperial City of Lavagand.
• Since young age, Lucille has been rather ill, spending most of her time bedridden.
• While her family spend a fortune to discover what was wrong with her, it was not until she was 10 years old that a wandering Shaman diagnosed her with Ethersickness. This also made the young girl aware of her her magical abilities.
• It wasn't until around the age of 15 where she lost her sense of taste and smell. Her parents finally decided to send her off to The Order, hoping they could take better care of her worsening status.
• While not cured, Lucille got much better thanks to a Magical Seal as well as medicine she has to take in regularly. Regardless, her body is still rather fragile.

Relationships:

Initiation Ceremony
So...this was it? Was she supposed to be excited, to be happy? Feel some sort of anticipation what was about to come? In just mere moments, the young woman was about to become a so called Initiate. Many years ago, she would have given her everything to be where she was right now. Closer being able to explore the world. See oceans made of sand and forests ten times the size of Lavagand - things she had only read about in one of her many books.

This, however, was the past. Now, it was different. So what if she was able to see those so called deserts and ancient woodlands? Closing her eyes, Lucy tried to recall why she behaved so silly back then, but ultimately, found no answer. Her flame had died. Now, she was simply doing what she was supposed to do. What The Order, and her family, wanted. Sure, she didn't end up being married for some political purposes - who wanted a cripple in the first place? Celestine name or not. Now, she was simple to become famous in another way.

A small sigh escaped from the apathethic woman as her name was called. Whatever someone wanted to do with her, she didn't really care. Life was a piece of shit anyways. Adjusting the cloak she was wearing even in a place like this, she finally stepped forward, her eyes already fixed on the piece of jewelry she was about to call her own.

Last edited:
Everyday Appearance: Traditional _ wear, very frequently of the regal and aristocratic variety. Kasesa is apt to dress herself in colorful and clearly expensive clothing no matter the occasion; there is never a reason to pass up dressing her finest. The flowing nature of her typically long sleeves adds to the wispy, light appearance she takes on thanks to her silken leg-length hair. She is a fairly tall woman at 5'8, with a figure cut to kill. If arrogant of nothing else, Kasesa is no stranger to her looks.

Wait, what's you're character's natural eyecolor, Asuras?

• Creepy
I'll say, green naturally, red when transformed?

Works for me :) I don't mind oddities when transformed since that's apart of the fun x3

• Creepy
@Noctis the Devious I think I am done, now destroy me .w. .(The sheet is like 4 posts above)

@Noctis the Devious I think I am done, now destroy me .w. .(The sheet is like 4 posts above)

Could you order the current level of the spells first to avoid confusion?

Command: Scan
Lucille is capable of getting a clearer view of Arcane contraptions and other magical things that she encounters - like a magical lock or barrier. Obviously, they are still a lot of things which go above her understanding, making her unable to even just understand them. Later on, she will be able to modify such things - like opening/breaking said magical lock/barrier without too much effort.

I'm not entirely sure about upgrading this spell to interact with magical objects. Not with the same spell at least.

Ethersickness

Could you please explain this more thoroughly for me please?

• Creepy
Could you order the current level of the spells first to avoid confusion?
I don't quite understand what you mean by that?

I'm not entirely sure about upgrading this spell to interact with magical objects. Not with the same spell at least.
Well, "same spell", it's more like an expertise. Since you said we should imagine the spells like having their own (mini) skill-tree I rather made it like 5 categories, though there aren't really much new coming in terms of different spells...except offense (and a costly, really basic, heal).

And I left it open (to you) that she obviously can't interact with all magical objects. Or more like, not understanding them because she is still too much of a scrub. Yo

Could you please explain this more thoroughly for me please?
Sure! I kinda didn't find a point to put it in so I thought maybe leave it to be something explained ICly. Basically, the whole fluff about her magic is "it costs a lot to do shit". Now, she basically has a huge reservoir of Mana for that, too much for her body to function properly. She is also more prone to to purely magical status effects and environments or whatever you may call em.

While it can't really be cured as of now, The Order supplemented her with Medicine she has to take in regularly as well placed a Seal upon her that suppresses her flow of Mana (Here, for example, the Command: Scan would allow her later to remove the Seal herself for a temporary power boost), that's enough to stabilize her and slow the self-destruction of her body down.

Maybe I should have called it Manasickness or something, but personally I liked the term "Ether" more~

Lucille is capable of casting magic which amplifies her future casts. The main component for this is the creation of a Magical Circle under her which streamlines the entire process of using magic in the first place.

Lucille is also capable of creating so called 'Wisps', entities of pure magic, under her command. These simple beings literally boost the power of her other spells, simply by empowering her own casts or casting just the same spell. Maintaining such a wisp, however, is only capable with at least one Circle in place.

The moment Lucille breaks contact with the Circle, like walking outside of it, the entire spell is broken and the Circle and all Wisps disappear.

Currently, Lucille is able of conjuring a very basic Circle and calling forth a single Wisp.

You have what that spell could potentially be listed before what it actually is, and that can stir up some confusion ^.^; Sorry, I'm terrible at wording things sometimes v.v;

Sure! I kinda didn't find a point to put it in so I thought maybe leave it to be something explained ICly. Basically, the whole fluff about her magic is "it costs a lot to do shit". Now, she basically has a huge reservoir of Mana for that, too much for her body to function properly. She is also more prone to to purely magical status effects and environments or whatever you may call em.

While it can't really be cured as of now, The Order supplemented her with Medicine she has to take in regularly as well placed a Seal upon her that suppresses her flow of Mana (Here, for example, the Command: Scan would allow her later to remove the Seal herself for a temporary power boost), that's enough to stabilize her and slow the self-destruction of her body down.

Maybe I should have called it Manasickness or something, but personally I liked the term "Ether" more~

Oh I like that :o So it's an uncurable sickness that affects the body's ability to regulate its magic flow and makes the victim prone to status effects? Want to make sure I understand it properly since it seems like something that should be under "Worldly Information".

• Creepy
You have what that spell could potentially be listed before what it actually is, and that can stir up some confusion ^.^; Sorry, I'm terrible at wording things sometimes v.v;
Errr, I'm not a native english speaker so my english is kinda clunky sometimes... .

Oh I like that :o So it's an uncurable sickness that affects the body's ability to regulate its magic flow and makes the victim prone to status effects? Want to make sure I understand it properly since it seems like something that should be under "Worldly Information".
It also 'destroys' the body over time, hence the albino white-hair+red-eyes, having lost her sense of taste&smell and her body being rather 'fragile' in the first place(As I explained in the bio she was pretty much indoors/bedridden most of the time).

"prone to status effects" might have been a wrong choice of wording from my side. It's more like she is more prone to the Arcane, and while I am sure there are 'arcane status effects' that have a easier time sticking to her she also has sort of a sixth-sense for that stuff. Imagine coming into a room that has some sort of magical effects working around it. Lucy would be able to 'feel' that something about this room is off. Of course, with the Seal and her Medicine this sixth sense is kinda dulled as well.

Also, if you wanna add it to the world information, I wouldn't mind telling about cases where the body of people even mutated!

It also 'destroys' the body over time, hence the albino white-hair+red-eyes, having lost her sense of taste&smell and her body being rather 'fragile' in the first place(As I explained in the bio she was pretty much indoors/bedridden most of the time).

"prone to status effects" might have been a wrong choice of wording from my side. It's more like she is more prone to the Arcane, and while I am sure there are 'arcane status effects' that have a easier time sticking to her she also has sort of a sixth-sense for that stuff. Imagine coming into a room that has some sort of magical effects working around it. Lucy would be able to 'feel' that something about this room is off. Of course, with the Seal and her Medicine this sixth sense is kinda dulled as well.

Also, if you wanna add it to the world information, I wouldn't mind telling about cases where the body of people even mutated!

And I had a feeling I forgot to mention something v.v; Please don't give her red eyes. Human albinos don't always have red eyes; they have really pale almost clear blue eyes. Trust me, I used to know one. While red eyes can occur naturally in humans it has more to do with blood escaping into the iris than Albinoism (and to be technical there's three types of red eyes a human can have). But someone already has unique eyes and I would prefer to have only one person in my roleplay to have unique, natural eyes.

With that said, could you write up a short blurb about Ethersickness for me please so I don't explain it wrong and cause inconsistency or misword it?

• Hit Me in My FEELS
And I had a feeling I forgot to mention something v.v; Please don't give her red eyes. Human albinos don't always have red eyes; they have really pale almost clear blue eyes. Trust me, I used to know one. While red eyes can occur naturally in humans it has more to do with blood escaping into the iris than Albinoism (and to be technical there's three types of red eyes a human can have). But someone already has unique eyes and I would prefer to have only one person in my roleplay to have unique, natural eyes.

With that said, could you write up a short blurb about Ethersickness for me please so I don't explain it wrong and cause inconsistency or misword it?
Huh? Did some research myself and interesting to know that blue-eyed albinos are a thing are a lot more common than red-eyed ones! I won't deny I only put the albino part in for the sake of using a white-hair red-eyed picture ... q-q. BUT! I found something else I can work with, though I fear you might have something against the eyes too! It's this one! Couldn't it pass as gray-ish?!

Also, sure, have a blurb about Ethersickness:
Ethersickness, sometimes also referred to as Mana Disease, is a rather uncommon condition of the body and soul thanks to a huge reservoir of mana and/or the lack to regulate its flow properly. Common early symptoms are any combination of lethargy, headaches, delusions, dizziness, insomnia and a weakened immune system.

Furthermore, victims also develop a sort of sixth-sense for the arcane as well being more prone to it. Currently, there is no widely known cure for Ethersickness - though it is possible to suppress the symptoms to a certain degree while slowing the progression down to attain a relatively comfortable living condition in comparison to before.

As the sickness progresses, the body stops to work properly. Senses, muscles, organs, nerves etc. either cease to function or get severely impaired. Physical changes are not unheard of either. Though very rare there have been sightings of physical mutations which seem to improve the overall situation - but also rob them partially of their remaining sanity.

While usually born with it, it is also possible to catch Ethersickness through huge exposure of arcane energies.

Huh? Did some research myself and interesting to know that blue-eyed albinos are a thing are a lot more common than red-eyed ones! I won't deny I only put the albino part in for the sake of using a white-hair red-eyed picture ... q-q. BUT! I found something else I can work with, though I fear you might have something against the eyes too! It's this one! Couldn't it pass as gray-ish?!

Also, sure, have a blurb about Ethersickness:
Ethersickness, sometimes also referred to as Mana Disease, is a rather uncommon condition of the body and soul thanks to a huge reservoir of mana and/or the lack to regulate its flow properly. Common early symptoms are any combination of lethargy, headaches, delusions, dizziness, insomnia and a weakened immune system.

Furthermore, victims also develop a sort of sixth-sense for the arcane as well being more prone to it. Currently, there is no widely known cure for Ethersickness - though it is possible to suppress the symptoms to a certain degree while slowing the progression down to attain a relatively comfortable living condition in comparison to before.

As the sickness progresses, the body stops to work properly. Senses, muscles, organs, nerves etc. either cease to function or get severely impaired. Physical changes are not unheard of either. Though very rare there have been sightings of physical mutations which seem to improve the overall situation - but also rob them partially of their remaining sanity.

While usually born with it, it is also possible to catch Ethersickness through huge exposure of arcane energies.

Yeah, it used to her biggest per peeve x3 But like I said, while it can happen red eyes in human aren't even a direct cause of albinoism but something else entirely.

As long as you refer to them as gray and not purple.

Alright thanks you :)

• Hit Me in My FEELS
UPDATE
@Skyswimsky, @Beowulf, @Asuras, @ERode, @Blighted_Agent, @Alphakoka, @Zombehs
sorry, keep forgetting to tag everyone​

- Updated Worldly Information with Ethersickness.
- Beastmen and Scourge have been added to the Bestiarium.
- Updated Warrior Sorceress Clause I and II under Rules under Special Snowflakes Clauses.
- Drafted the IC ^.^ In the spur of the moment I want to use everyone's initiation ceremony in my GM post (just the part where everyone is accepting their gear). If you don't want it used just say so :3
- I'm not revealing everyone's partnered until the IC is up >:D
- Speaking of which, keeping with the pattern, the IC will be up Thursday.
- @Blighted_Agent, @Alphakoka, @Skyswimsky, you guys still have your week to finish your sheets but if you want to be apart of the start of the Roleplay, this is your heads up.
- Debating starting a Discord server thingy. Thoughts?

• Hit Me in My FEELS
@Alphakoka Dx Sorry, messed up your tag and the system doesn't register edited-in tags.

• Hit Me in My FEELS
Yeah, just need to work on the Initiation, but right now my net's connection is being garbage so I can't really edit 'em in unless I want to go the absolute pain that is typing with phone.

Yeah, it used to her biggest per peeve x3 But like I said, while it can happen red eyes in human aren't even a direct cause of albinoism but something else entirely.

As long as you refer to them as gray and not purple.

Alright thanks you :)
I did some things to CS. Pretty much updated text that were talking about her appearance and so to reflect the change of her looks. Also, I did a bit of photoshopping and got a nice shade of blue that is clearly blue! And blue eyes are alright, no :P?

Status
Not open for further replies.