Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, looks good to me.

Do you want me to add this to the accepted list now, or should I wait till you add that other lore stuff you mentioned?
@Kagayours go ahead. I will post it in a separate post and just put a link where it is needed if it gets approved.

Oh, lord...
It seems I've missed quite a lot, due to life or not getting alerts. Probably both. (I honestly should've checked the thread myself in free time but I forgot.)
I could still pump out a character, I was part-way through creating her the last time I visited this thread. But I really don't know how far along everything is, it might be a hassle.
Maybe a hour of RP time passed? Joining in the fun should be easy even for new characters.

Oh, lord...
It seems I've missed quite a lot, due to life or not getting alerts. Probably both. (I honestly should've checked the thread myself in free time but I forgot.)
I could still pump out a character, I was part-way through creating her the last time I visited this thread. But I really don't know how far along everything is, it might be a hassle.
Right now it's more slice of life than anything, so it's fairly easy to jump in (there's a food fight right now that'd be especially easy to join).

And there's also "stuff" going on at the Java Squirrel... :bsmile:

And there's also "stuff" going on at the Java Squirrel... :bsmile:
Haha, I guess "stuff" is one way to put it.

God, I'm having so much fun writing the cheesy lines and unbecoming of Aelos. It's beautiful; it's great. I hope it's as fun for me as it is for you guys. @Luma

Once human, reborn
By the flames of war
Fated to walk
A warrior's path
While holding onto

The fading humanity...

Name: Aerly/Yu(勇)
Race: Irenay
Age (apparent): 16/17
Age (actual): 87

Appearance:
h5uXl2Z.jpg

Female personality - 161 cm (~5 feet, 4 inches)
Male personality - 172 cm (~5 feet, 9 inches)

History:
Born in 1929 (Showa 3) as Kawashima Yu, Aerly started life like the second sibling in a Japanese family of five - her mother, father, older brother and grandmother. Despite the early years of her life being in the shadow of the Great Depression and the later part of her childhood marked by the increasing militarism of Japan, Yu lead a normal life thanks to her family's ownership of a sake brewery. Only did the things start to look grim when Japan declared war on the United States, first with Yu's father being conscripted into the army and the next year Yu's older brother was also called to serve. They both perished, one in the tunnels of Iwo Jima and the other in the jungles of Okinawa. As bombs rained on Japanese cities, especially Tokyo where Yu lived, one hit Yu's home while she was in school, leaving her homeless and taking Yu's grandmother away as well.
As the firebombing of Tokyo intensified, Yu, who would hide away in her school to sleep with a roof over her head, was caught inside the school building as the whole area was set ablaze. Woken up by the smoke and heat Yu tried to find a safe place from the fire, earning numerous burns as the carbon monoxide in the smoke slowly took away her precious oxygen. With the last of strengths Yu managed to get up to fresh air, falling down on the floor as Tokyo and the school burned around her. Despite the sounds of the building crumbling Yu had no strength left to get away as the flames slowly made their way towards her and the smoke slowly suffocated her. As Yu took her last breaths someone suddenly appeared in front of her. That person was no other then one of the teachers, a Irenay that had lived in Japan for over a millennium. His words would mark the death of Yu and birth of Aerly, as the Irenay offered her one last chance to live, as a member of his race. With her last strength Yu accepted the offer, wishing to live on at any cost.
Reborn as the Irenay Aerly, Yu needed many years under the guidance of Tarby, the Irenay that savedYu that day, to get used to being a Irenay, particularly the extra personality and sharing a body, and would only return to a "normal" life over a decade after the events that resulted in Yu becoming a Irenay. But even during this period it was obvious that Aerly was suited for the path of a warrior or explorer - both personalities were high-spirited, loved physical activity, bravely rushed into new experience. What would determine Aerly's path was the result's of theirs combat tests which would clearly mark them as a warrior as they proved to be talented in combat.
With this Aerly was sent to Nuho and his group of Irenayi that were Earth's best group of warriors willing to train others. There Aerly was rigorously trained in the basics and then tossed to form their own style in the hell of the Vietnam war. When Aerly returned they quickly decided that they had enough of Nuho's teaching style and returned back to Japan to try and become something other then warriors. But fate could not be opposed and Aerly managed to get entangled with elements of Japan's criminal underworld and ended up fighting a personal war for some time and then leaving Japan once again to put an end to it. Unfortunately for Aerly they always somehow managed to end up in a country which would become entangled in war, with Aerly somehow ending up dragged in the war in some way. Finally she managed to end a long streak of bad destination choices by returning to Japan a few year ago, only to once again end up in a conflict with the criminal world. Just as Aerly was about to be feed up with all this, information about Omnibus reached the ears of the young Irenayi and wasting no time Aerly decided to disappear into the Academy, hopefully finally gaining peace from all the fighting...

Personality:
Both personalities are high-spirited, never-yielding, love physical activity and have no problem with rushing into new experiences.
Female - Aerly's female side is the serious one, with a slightly cold and silent demeanor. Still not completely cold it is not like it will never do anything lacking any seriousness or just for fun.
Male - The male personality is the more playful one, always ready to do something fun. The male personality of Aerly is also a hopeless skirt-chaser, romantic and wannabe-gentlemen.

Abilities:
All Irenayi racial abilities (see race sheet).
Irenayi Weapon:
Female - A rifle that trades fire rate for range, accuracy and penetration. Shoots bullets made out of the same metal as the Irenay's body, making it extremely powerful, able to penetrate even the armor of modern tanks.
Male - Two pistol-like weapons that boost high fire rate but have reduced range and penetration. Can ether shoot bullets of magic or the metal that makes up the body of an Irenay.
"Class" Imprint - Combat, offensive, ranged, ambush
Spells:
One-Use Shield - Basic defensive combat spell, allows to create a shield that can only take a single attack and if the attack is strong enough it will not be even stopped but just weakened slightly.
Blast - Basic close combat offensive spell which creates a short-ranged explosion originating from the user.
Improved Magic Beam - Improved version of the ranged offensive spell Magic Beam that allows the creation of up to four continuous beams of magic without casting and with en extra effect like setting things on fire, freezing them or leaving a traceable magical mark.
Advanced Magic Bullet - Advanced version of the ranged offensive spell Magic Bullet, allows one to create magic bullets with up to three extra properties (like extra explosive power, "status effects" and so on) and to fire several dozens at once without casting.
Arrow Enhancement - Advanced ranged offensive/support spell cast on an weapon's ammunition (arrows/bullets/...) Grants the ammunition in question an effect (explosion, inflicting "status effects"), (more) magical power and increased speed.
Barrage - Advanced ranged offensive/support spell. For a minute all unleashed ranged attacks, be it from magic or weapons, regardless if own or enemy, are collected in a pocket dimension. After the minute is out all the attacks that were collected are unleashed upon a target.
Sniper's Nest - A spell for ambushing by using ranged offensive spells or ranged weapons. Makes the user invisible for anyone further then 100m (~300 feet) away and camouflaged for those more then 25m (~75 feet) away. Attacking cancels the spell with each minute the spell was active grants a small bonus to the damage dealt by the attack that cancels it.

Skills:
Combat, especially marksmanship and sniping
Military camouflage and stealth techniques
Driving pretty much anything except airplanes
Survival skills
Various household skills like cooking, sewing and so on

Items:
A laptop
A smartphone (Japanese specs)
Various portable utensils like a sewing kit
A survival kit
A toolkit
Two ghillie suits

Last edited:
@Kagayours - when u type a sentence and it rhymes
...*looks around* I know not what rhyming you are referring to.

Also, @gamer5, I'll get around to your CS when I can. You can give me a reminder if you think I forgot.

Haha, I guess "stuff" is one way to put it.

God, I'm having so much fun writing the cheesy lines and unbecoming of Aelos. It's beautiful; it's great. I hope it's as fun for me as it is for you guys. @Luma
Haha, I'm glad, I have fun reading it and helping to make it worse. Will try to post tonight or maybe late tomorrow.

Sniper's Nest
- A spell for ambushing by using ranged offensive spells or ranged weapons. Makes the user invisible for anyone further then 100m (~300 feet) away and camouflaged for those more then 25m (~75 feet) away. Attacking cancels the spell with each minute the spell was active granting a 1% bonus to the damage dealt by the attack that cancels it.
Seeing as there's no combat system in place, there's nothing I can apply a numerical buff to. You're welcome to keep the writing that way, it's just an 'FYI'. Other than that, your character looks fine to me 'on paper', although the complete combat orientation in an RP that is mostly slice-of-life seems like an odd choice to me. That being said, I do love the character personalities; especially the male one, that has a lot of potential for some interesting interactions.

You might want to come up with a meta plan for Aerly to find/make a sparring partner or something though...it seems so wasteful to write down so many abilities and never have an opportunity to use them. Buuuut, if you've got a good vision for your character, then it's acceptable. At least there's a nice food fight for now, so there's that. Aerly will be in room 511, feel free to post.

@gamer5

Luma mentioned a sparring partner, and Aelos as a character would be happy to spar. His abilities are a little bit above that of a peak human, but it can be tweaked and stretched to keep it competitive with your character.

I will write for Anna in the morning and I'm coming to get you Luna! (With one of my characters!)

Reactions: Luma
I will write for Anna in the morning and I'm coming to get you Luna! (With one of my characters!)
Haha, please do. Luna's totally cheating with her power anyways.

@Kagayours, Luma said okay but just to be sure...

I was going to say "If Luma says approved, consider it approved", but now I see that I don't think Luma actually did approve it fully. I think there are still some things to fix. >.>

I don't have the time/stamina to look over your CS today -- and perhaps not for a while. This week's been packed, and I've really needed to put RPing mainly out of my mind for a little while in order to catch up. And once I do have time for RPing again, I'll have some important IC posts to make. Checking CS's -- at least for this RP -- is something I can trust Luma to do when I'm not around.

So, for future reference: you don't need a CS to be approved by me if it's already been approved by Luma, unless there's some specific detail that Luma's not sure whether or not to approve (in which case, I would've expected them to tag or contact me in the first place :P)

Kagayours, Luma said okay but just to be sure...
I was going to say "If Luma says approved, consider it approved", but now I see that I don't think Luma actually did approve it fully. I think there are still some things to fix. >.>

I don't have the time/stamina to look over your CS today -- and perhaps not for a while. This week's been packed, and I've really needed to put RPing mainly out of my mind for a little while in order to catch up. And once I do have time for RPing again, I'll have some important IC posts to make. Checking CS's -- at least for this RP -- is something I can trust Luma to do when I'm not around.

So, for future reference: you don't need a CS to be approved by me if it's already been approved by Luma, unless there's some specific detail that Luma's not sure whether or not to approve (in which case, I would've expected them to tag or contact me in the first place :P)
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I did accept Aerly, I just recommend you (Gamer5) seek some sort of IC combat conflict so you can get the most out of them.

Last edited:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I did accept Aerly, I just recommend you (Gamer5) seek some sort of IC combat conflict so you can get the most out of them.
Will think about that, but I also have to consider the fact that Aerly didn't exactly chose to become so combat-orientated and that they are coming to Omnibus primary to avoid fighting anymore... Also there is always creative ways of using one's abilities and spells...

Anyways I don't remember you assigning Aerly to a room?

Status
Not open for further replies.