• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, on Kaga's request I performed some cleanup of the lists (mostly the race list). Going to be pinging some people to see who has and hasn't lost interest.

@chaosheart13 - Primary and the Binary race
Primary's been 'out-of-order' for a while now. Have you just lost interest in the character? Otherwise you're welcome to time-skip and just say they left the room for (x) reason. Also, I know you were holding off on creating a binary character, so I've put them in the graveyard until you decide to do so.

@RecentlyInsaneRussian @daird and @DANAsaur - August, Azra and Meela (respectively)
It's been a while since we've heard from your characters; are you still interested in this RP?

@Secrets&Mysteries - Addison
I know you PMed me about the best way to introduce yourself (intros are hard, I know), but same question as above.

@PurpleDemon - Koimago
If memory serves me correctly, you were part-way into making a character at some point.

@:Cosmic: - Langumosix
I never did see a character for this race.

Additionally, @Clownpiece and @EddiEddi appear to have gone missing (unsurprisingly around the end of summer). I'm guessing they just don't have the time anymore, so I'll be assuming they've dropped out until they confirm otherwise.

I've been meaning to say that, while I love the idea of this, it just seems... A bit much, now that I'm sitting down and ready to participate. I just... kind of lost interest, and I'm sorry it's taken me until now to mention it.

Reactions: Luma
I've been meaning to say that, while I love the idea of this, it just seems... A bit much, now that I'm sitting down and ready to participate. I just... kind of lost interest, and I'm sorry it's taken me until now to mention it.
That's alright. Thank you for letting us know now. ^^

I just blew my roommate's mind by telling them that none of the Beatles had black hair.

They all had brown hair.

And yet

for some reason

it's so easy to assume that they had black hair.

Even I, at one point, was surprised to finally notice that none of them had black hair -- despite having seen many full-color photos before this point that should've proved me wrong if I was paying any attention.

I suppose black-and-white photography is at least partially to blame for this.

• Useful
Reactions: Eru and Yorika
@Yorika I feel like if Anna decides to feast off Luna's life energy for a longer period of time, Luna will forget the last thing she ate (or part of it, if Anna's eating light). It was generally my thought that Vori are immortal because their knowledge and their life energy are like the same thing. Intertwined. Not sure if Anna herself would know that, but then again there was the book, so maybe she'll figure it out.

Hmm I'm interested to see how Luna will react to having her energy taken. Since humans dont really have the sensitivity to know when their life energy has been drained, many magical beings at the academy will mostly likely notice. This will be an interesting thing to see. Also Anna can be a bit of a foodie so I'll let you determine how long the handshake was going on for. Anna kinda gets lost in the taste of people.

Primary's been 'out-of-order' for a while now. Have you just lost interest in the character? Otherwise you're welcome to time-skip and just say they left the room for (x) reason. Also, I know you were holding off on creating a binary character, so I've put them in the graveyard until you decide to do so.
Ah, sorry about that. I was waiting for @daird to respond before I post with Primary, but they don't seem to be responding. I guess I should just assume that Primary went alone?

As for the binary, I don't mind that you've put them in the graveyard for now. Not sure when I'll get the character up.

Color is fixed!

I forgot to ping my people again
sorry, I've had a very long couple weeks

here you go folk
@chaosheart13 @Yorika

Hmm I'm interested to see how Luna will react to having her energy taken. Since humans dont really have the sensitivity to know when their life energy has been drained, many magical beings at the academy will mostly likely notice. This will be an interesting thing to see. Also Anna can be a bit of a foodie so I'll let you determine how long the handshake was going on for. Anna kinda gets lost in the taste of people.
i'm looking forward to the first time Seiko needs to eat too, though it's different from Anna (except she still needs physical contact)

So I was sad about the lack of a food fight, before I realized it's well within Luna's character to start one "just for the heck of it." One of the biggest reasons she's just fun to write for. :P

Heh... didn't get any alerts on this evening's activities.

@Luma ...

Don't forget Sol! I've been waiting for her response...

Heh... didn't get any alerts on this evening's activities.

@Luma ...

Don't forget Sol! I've been waiting for her response...
Sorry, didn't have time last night for the both of 'em. I'll try and respond tonight.

Reactions: Luma
Anyway, this is really the only thing that stands out to me now. The rest looks good.
@Kagayours I edited the sheet again, changing the "ability" to a more interesting and probably less powerful one. Also made changes to the lifespan, making them really long-lived rather then eternal (cause: disappearance of their creators).

On another note can a make a Race Sheet of an extinct race purely for Lore purposes?

On another note can a make a Race Sheet of an extinct race purely for Lore purposes?
I don't see why not, but I'd recommend you put it in with the first race (probably under a spoiler tag) and I wouldn't list it. The race list focuses more on playable races rather than lore, but again, nothing stopping you if you really wanna go that in-depth.

The race list focuses more on playable races rather than lore
Yeah, this, basically.

The OP specifically states that a player should be able to create a character sheet for any race on the race sheet, so long as they get it approved by the race's ambassador. And making sure that a race is something that other players can create characters for is a pretty big thing that we keep in mind when reviewing race sheets. o_o

So, yeah, I guess you can technically flesh out the lore of an extinct race, if you want, but it won't count as a playable race.

And, as Luma said, I recommend you just include the info about the extinct race in a spoiler tag on the existing race sheet -- since I'm assuming it's meant as additional lore to go along with your other race -- and, if it's in a post by itself and never added to the race list, then it will soon be buried and hardly anyone will know about it...

Yeah, this, basically.

The OP specifically states that a player should be able to create a character sheet for any race on the race sheet, so long as they get it approved by the race's ambassador. And making sure that a race is something that other players can create characters for is a pretty big thing that we keep in mind when reviewing race sheets. o_o

So, yeah, I guess you can technically flesh out the lore of an extinct race, if you want, but it won't count as a playable race.

And, as Luma said, I recommend you just include the info about the extinct race in a spoiler tag on the existing race sheet -- since I'm assuming it's meant as additional lore to go along with your other race -- and, if it's in a post by itself and never added to the race list, then it will soon be buried and hardly anyone will know about it...
Okay @Kagayours, I will think about this ... still waiting for word on the edits in the last race sheet I posted OPEN SIGNUPS - Omnibus Academy...

Name singular:
Irenay

Name plural:
Irenayi

Lifespan:
Potentially infinite, rarely more then a million years.
Physical description:
Irenayi, in their basic form are humanoids and appearing human is not hard for them at least on the surface. But Irenayi are actually sentient machines based on magic and built out of both organic and inorganic components. Over 99% of a Irenayi is made out of a unique magical metal that can greatly compress its volume while being incredibly tough, resistant, wear-proof and self-repairing. The main organic part is actually a complex organic computing machine running on magic that fulfills the same role as a brain but is many time more compact, allowing two Irenayi to co-exist in the same body. It should be noted that some more extreme parts of the Irenayi have taken less-humanoid forms or even threw them away completely.
Yes, one Irenay body contains two Irenayi minds, one "female" and one "male" which switch between the control of the body in regular intervals, the inactive one ether in a sleep-like state or "observing" the active one. The two minds share memories, knowledge and information, but not personalities or emotions. Usually the appearance of the Irenay in question also changes depending on which mind is in charge (except in the case of a "pregnancy").
Due to their unique structure Irenayi can make their bodies extremely light and small, allowing them to use magic to travel between stars at near-light speed if they wish so. Their unique bodies also allow them to interact with anything based on electricity or magnetic forces as the magic metal can change its conductivity from a full-blown insulator to an extremely good conductor.
An individual Irenay would be able to gain a large specter of spells if there was not for a purposeful flaw in their design which causes most Irenayi to be "imprinted" with a certain "style" of magic the more they use it, limiting how far-flung their abilities can be.
Furthermore the complex magical processes that allow the Irenayi exist in the first place deteriorate over time. Once the creators of the Irenayi were able to repair this damage in special facilities, but with them gone this is no longer a option for the Irenayi.
Irenayi are unable to reproduce with other Irenayi, they require a non-Irenayi sapient creature to "donate" their genetic code (or whatever fills else might fill its role). Using incorporeal sapient beings is a bit more iffy and requires special procedures and preparation, but can be done. Since Irenayi can both be female and male it matters little if their partner is male, female or something else. The "pregnancy", be in the donor sapient creature or the Irenay is usually short, lasting only a few weeks. New-born Irenayi grow up quickly and are usually fully grown after 5-6 years.
Another method that Irenayi use to reproduce is by conversion. First the Irenayi would split in half, creating a mindless mass of magic metal. Then this mass would be used on a sapient creature (again this on a incorporeal would require special preparation), interconnecting with it's body while the Irenayi would use magic to utilize the any organic matter in the area to construct a new organic computer inside the body of the creature. With that done the mind of the sapient creature would be analyzed, turned into a "female" and "male" "versions" and loaded onto the organic computer, thous giving birth to a new Irenayi. (Most Irenayi would not use this method at all except in special circumstances)
Irenay tent to have hair and eye color of the donor of genetic information they come form, or in case of those made by the Creators, silver.
Irenayi can slowly change their hair, eye color and even appearance to fit in with the local sapient species.

History:
Long ago Irenayi were created by an interstellar civilization based on magic, primary as weapons and bodyguards. For thousands of years Irenayi faithfully served their Creators, how they call this civilization, until it collapsed for reasons unknown to the Irenayi. With their new found freedom and with little ties with anyone or anything but their Creators, the Irenayi broke down into smaller groups of many ideologies. Some would maintain the works of the Creators, others would travel trough the stars, some would spread civilization to other worlds and so on.
Several dozens of Irenay discovered Earth, some decided to stay while others just passed trough. Most of those that stayed did so ether to fight in wars, study Earth's rich and unique culture or travel around the ever-changing world.

Society:
Irenayi don't have a tight-knit society. Lacking the concept of family most Irenayi form groups out of mutual interests or, more often, are loners. Most Irenayi are ether curious explorers, battle junkies or eternally seeking "fun".

Powers/Abilities:
Irenayi Weapon - Irenayi always have a part of their body as a weapon, the form of this weapon coming from the inactive personality.
Regeneration - Irenayi heal extremely quickly, able to even regrow a lost limb in seconds, as long as there is sufficient magical energy available where they are.
Hardness - Made out of a magical metal makes Irenayi extremely resistant to attacks of all kinds - only the most powerful weapons of Earth's humans pose a threat to a Irenay.
Super-Human Bodies - Due to being powered by magic Irenayi are able to easily do an array of super-human feats like lifting massive weights, running as fast as cars or jumping several stories high.
Magic Sensing - Irenayi are able to perceive magic and magic flow thanks to special sensors built into the organic computing devices that serve as their brain.
Magic Barrier - The organic computing device that serves as the brain of an Irenay is protected with a powerful magical barrier, making it extremely hard to take out with a single attack.
Adaptive Metal - The magic metal that makes up the Irenayi can change its proprieties easily, allowing it to be a insulator, conductor, semi-conductor, magnet or electromagnet. Since even a single atom of this metal can be manipulated in this way this allows a Irenay to form integrated circuits in it's body if it knows how.
"Class" Imprint - Irenayi will imprint a certain "style" of various magic spells as they use them more, limiting their spectrum of spells but allowing them to use more powerful spells of that "style".
Ex. An Irenay could start specializing in combat magic, then focus on offensive magic, then chose to focus on long-range spells and finally specialize in one of the types of the long-range spells.
It should be noted that some weaker but related spells outside from the specialization can also be learned - for the given example the Irenay could also have one or two defensive spells (combat magic) and a few various offensive spells of which two-three could be for close-combat.
Magic Dependent - Irenayi run on magic and without it they can only last a few hours on their internal reserves. They also tend to greatly reduce the magical energy of an local area in prolonged all-out combat.
Magic Overload - If an Irenay is charged with to much magic, usually by means of a magical attack, it can lead to their magic-run bodies and minds to overload, causing anything from a bad temper, over a mindless rampage, to a straight on explosion. Worst case scenario, when several times more magic then a Irenay can hold is pumped suddenly into one, is that their combat self-destruction protocol activates, assuming that they are facing a foe to powerful to take down with normal means, and causes magical devastation in the radius of several miles.

Other:
An Irenay usually refers to itself as "we" instead of "I' and generally prefer to be referred in plural.

Realm:
Multiple. The first Irenayi were created in the Aktyui Workshop on the barren world of Teayu by the Creators.

Short description:
A race of humanoid sapient weapons created out of magical metal and complex organic computers. Need magic to live, but as powerful fighters, curious explorers of famous seducers, they left their mark on many worlds. With almost no society, almost completely immune to the passage of time and able to travel between stars they are long-lived wanderers.
Alright, looks good to me.

Do you want me to add this to the accepted list now, or should I wait till you add that other lore stuff you mentioned?

Oh, lord...
It seems I've missed quite a lot, due to life or not getting alerts. Probably both. (I honestly should've checked the thread myself in free time but I forgot.)
I could still pump out a character, I was part-way through creating her the last time I visited this thread. But I really don't know how far along everything is, it might be a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.