• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming Tymora is another god(dess)?

Since you're mentioning quite a few gods, I should mention that this effectively puts you in control of all of these gods, in case other players want to do anything involving those same gods.

Just thought I'd point that out before you claim too many gods of big and important titles like that.

Sooo just to clarify: are these gods a thing that definitely exist or are they just the Freaers' belief? The former is actually possible now that there's a deity race sheet, but uh, I do need to make sure I know which one it actually is.

Yeah, Tymora is a goddess. She's found in the religion section, though I should clarify what particular section as to what she is in charge of.

In terms of being in control of these gods, that's fine. I was wondering what the take on multiple pantheons would be. I read the deity race sheet, and it mentioned that there were many gods and all, sure. But can there be overlap? Like one race may have one god of harvest, and another may have another one. Will they be separate entities, or the same god with different names?

Clarification on whether the gods exist or not: they do exist. I will clarify it on the race sheet when I get the chance.

You should probably add the 'realm' field back into this race sheet, so that people can easily look up what realm the Freaer are supposed to be from without having to dig through other things. Also, it would be a good opportunity to provide a brief description of Gora, as well.
Whoops, I didn't think I omitted that part, that's my bad. I'll definitely put it back in.

What do you mean "the link was found"? Weren't they connected to begin with?
My bad. I'll reword it so that this becomes more clear. They were connected to begin with, but the Freaer believed that they cut off their ties with Earth and were independent. When in fact, a bridge remained that caused Gora to continue to change in the ways that the Earth was.

Seriously though -- what exactly are they doing to "save Earth's environment"? That's a bit of a vague statement, so I'm not really sure what I should be picturing. Grand magic feats wouldn't exactly be possible, since they wouldn't be able to stay hidden that way. Vigilante acts of eco-justice also seem a bit iffy. I suppose they could quietly pick up trash out of the oceans without issue, but I'm not sure that's what you had in mind. :P
I'll edit the sheet to reflect what's below if it's fine. However, this is my take on it:

The Freaer have assigned jobs to people to establish a larger presence on Earth. For the past couple of decades they have fronted building a large agriculture business, Whole Foods which has gained a lot of traction. Some of these funds run the business, while the rest are being used to fund the efforts of environmentalists. Many others have been assigned the job to integrate in society as politicians who have varying policies, but a similar agenda of working to fix the environment.

Of course some Freaer are angry at the people of Earth, and end up getting there with malicious reasons. So, there are Freaer who work and patrol the world to stop those that attempt to cleanse the Earth of humankind, which is their belief in how to solve the problem.

And by "globe" do you mean Earth or Gora...? I was under the assumption that Gora was their primary home, and that they just make trips to Earth for their eco-missions. Are you saying that many of them live more-or-less permanently on Earth?

Also, if you do mean Earth -- I'm assuming these villages are hidden and/or secluded, right?
The globe means Gora. I'll edit it so that it's more clear.

I still don't know whether this applies to settlements on Gora, Earth, or both -- and the answer to that question will change how I interpret this section as a whole. :/
Only applies to Gora, they try to minimize use of their magic on Earth. It won't accomplish anything in terms of changing humankind as a whole.

I think I answered all your questions, so I'll just wait to see if that's all okay to incorporate back in the race sheet.

In terms of being in control of these gods, that's fine. I was wondering what the take on multiple pantheons would be. I read the deity race sheet, and it mentioned that there were many gods and all, sure. But can there be overlap? Like one race may have one god of harvest, and another may have another one. Will they be separate entities, or the same god with different names?
There can be some overlap, sure. I guess what's more important is just specifying whether a certain god is, say, the god of life and death, or just the god that takes on that role for the Freaer specifically -- you know what I mean?

The Freaer have assigned jobs to people to establish a larger presence on Earth. For the past couple of decades they have fronted building a large agriculture business, Whole Foods which has gained a lot of traction. Some of these funds run the business, while the rest are being used to fund the efforts of environmentalists. Many others have been assigned the job to integrate in society as politicians who have varying policies, but a similar agenda of working to fix the environment.

Of course some Freaer are angry at the people of Earth, and end up getting there with malicious reasons. So, there are Freaer who work and patrol the world to stop those that attempt to cleanse the Earth of humankind, which is their belief in how to solve the problem.
This works -- so long as you understand that the humans wouldn't know about the Freaer and so the Freaer would have to pose as humans while doing this kind of stuff on Earth...

Sorry for harping on that so much. Lots of people seem to miss that bit, so I just wanted to get a clear sign from you that you understood that. o_o"

In any case, just make sure all this explanation gets edited into the race sheet, too.

Sorry for harping on that so much. Lots of people seem to miss that bit, so I just wanted to get a clear sign from you that you understood that. o_o"

In any case, just make sure all this explanation gets edited into the race sheet, too.
No worries, tis all good.

And I think I edited most of it in. If there's anything else that stands out, let me know.

Gora is a parallel world to Earth. It shares the same land masses, but many of it is ruled by the wild. Freaers, who are different from their Human cousins in their magic and gods, live in harmony with the wild. Traditional buildings are unheard of, and instead, living spaces are worked into the land to create harmony. Many Freaer live in trees, while others live in hills, mountains, and caves. With the cooperation of nature, places of living are deceiving parts of the landscape.

When the Freaer left the Earth and came to Gora, the gate and thus the connection between the two realms was never completely closed; this was contrary to the beliefs of the Freaer. I
This part of your post is written in black font, rather than non-colored font. It's unreadable on a black background without highlighting it Doc Scratch style (cookie for whoever actually gets that reference). Even looking at it in the quote box while I'm typing this post -- it's invisible. o_o So, just make sure you highlight this part of the post and change the font color to non-colored instead of black -- so that it's readable for everyone. To do that, highlight the text, go to the color options, and click the box with an X in it in the lower-right corner.

This is a gift from Tymora, goddess and mother of man,
...Are you sure you want to declare that, instead of just making Tymora specific to the Freaer?

Illmater is also labeled simply as the "god of life and death" in the powers/abilities section. You might want to remember to go back to that section if you plan on changing that.

Their other gods include Tymora, goddess and mother of man, and Illmater, god of life and death.
I feel I should once again ask: do you want to make these gods Freaer-specific, or just put them in complete control of their respective concepts as a whole? Tymora in particular is the most unclear. When I hear the phrase "mother of man" I think "mother of humans", although obviously you're also including the Freaer in your definition. Trouble is, that means we still don't really know what other races count as "man" in this case. Obviously it isn't just humans since it also includes Freaer, so... what other races are human-enough to qualify?

And the fact that anything having to do with humans/earth is kind of a "default" setting in Omnibus -- a blank slate that anyone can build upon to create a race (which also makes it fairly easy to avoid conflict with current and future ambassadors) -- means that declaring a god of your creation to be the creator of humans is, well... a bit more responsibility than you might want to take on. In general, it just seems like a headache -- coming back to your lore any time someone tries to touch on any of the more cosmic lore related to humans and their origins, especially since your description is so vague and only briefly touches on it.

Overlap between what sort of concepts certain gods rule over is one thing -- but declaring a certain god to be the creator of a specific race or realm kind of rules out the possibility of overlap...

I see that you kind of touched on this later in your description (so, sorry for jumping the gun -- I'm kind of hitting my wall for the time being), but specifically calling Tymora the "mother of man" is still something that I think should be cleared up. Just saying that Tymora created the Freaer is much more straight-forward and leaves far less room for confusion, if that's what you're trying to say.

I don't want to control your creative vision, but I for one am strongly in favor of just making Tymora the creator of the Freaer. The alternative would mean quite the headache all originating from what's only supposed to be a small detail in the Freaer's lore...

• Thank You
Reactions: Psuedoku
This part of your post is written in black font, rather than non-colored font. It's unreadable on a black background without highlighting it Doc Scratch style (cookie for whoever actually gets that reference). Even looking at it in the quote box while I'm typing this post -- it's invisible. o_o So, just make sure you highlight this part of the post and change the font color to non-colored instead of black -- so that it's readable for everyone. To do that, highlight the text, go to the color options, and click the box with an X in it in the lower-right corner.

I don't want to control your creative vision, but I for one am strongly in favor of just making Tymora the creator of the Freaer. The alternative would mean quite the headache all originating from what's only supposed to be a small detail in the Freaer's lore...
I changed the color so that it's colorless and readable, and double checked on the black background to make sure it was fine. If there's more to that then let me know.

Oh, and no worries. I agree with what you're suggesting, and have edited it so that Tymora is the creator of Freaerkind.

If anything else, let me know. I gotta apologize though, for making it so vague and open. My intention was to keep it vague and nonspecific so adjustments could be made later, instead of worrying and getting too technical. Then, if more races come, they can just slide in without having to hop through the loops of lore if they want to get involved with the Freaer.

Your points are valid though, about making clear what it is I'm saying; making sure that nobody can misinterpret what I'm writing to prevent further problems is important. I hope it's better now. ;w;

I am considering making a deity character, but I do wonder ... can I make a lore character or staff member since the only reason this deity would have to go to Omnibus is to have fun and cause mayhem and I think is kinda pointless to make it a student...

I am considering making a deity character, but I do wonder ... can I make a lore character or staff member since the only reason this deity would have to go to Omnibus is to have fun and cause mayhem and I think is kinda pointless to make it a student...
I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be a student. Enrolling as a student seems like a suitable way to enter the school just to mess around with stuff. It's not like classes are mandatory. A staff position seems like it would come with more responsibility than just enrolling as a student. o_o

A good point. Will think about it and see what I decide to do tomorrow as I really should call it a day go to sleep.

@DANAsaur, @Roose Hurro & @Sail considering that Raven Haruka probably left us, we should discuss how to get our characters suck out of the Room #506 mess they are in...

Last edited:
@DANAsaur, @Roose Hurro & @Sail considering that Raven Haruka probably left us, we should discuss how to get our characters suck out of the Room #506 mess they are in...

Indeed!

I was thinking I'd just consider what was going on finished, write a few details on it, and have Deen... perhaps a bit "winded"... decide he needed some coffee. So, basically, he'd be going "I need a double/triple-shot white mocha... last one there's gonna scrub toilets for a week." And then he'd dash off. Or something like that.

I am still interested, and that sounds delightful!

Let me take a closer look at it later. I'm good at getting characters out of frozen situations.

Off the top of my head, though, I'm going to say that you can probably just do a minor time skip and say whatever interaction they were previously in is now over, and then just move on from there... simple fix that works pretty well 99% of the time.

That's pretty much what I was suggesting with my little "blurb".

That's pretty much what I was suggesting with my little "blurb".
Yeah. I was just saying that you don't even need an IC excuse for the interaction ending. You can just do a mini time skip and say they're doing something else now.

But... where would be the fun in that? :bsmile:

But... where would be the fun in that? :bsmile:
>.> Well the "fun" would be that it can be just plain easier to get the story moving again if you don't want to be awkwardly stuck until you can think of something...

It's crazy how many GM's (and players) will act like they have to find some sort of IC excuse to move on from a frozen interaction that wasn't even very important, and then struggle to figure out how they'll do it, and sometimes give up if they can't think of anything...

And it's like... guys... there's a very easy fix to this... just say that you moved on... owo""

I mean, if you have another idea that you all like then, sure, go for that. But, just don't feel like you have to actually play out, IC, the process of those characters going their separate ways. You don't have to place that obstacle in front of yourself. o_o

Well, I could do as I said. Cap the IC, have Deen say "Follow me!" and then everyone can just follow him. Gets us all out of the jam. Wouldn't take me much, though I need to head for work soon, so I won't have writing time till I get back. Also, Luna will be needing a new roomie.

@Psuedoku Reviewed the edits you made and it looks like everything's in order. Feel free to start on a character whenever you have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.