• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
[fieldbox="The Republic's arrival, gold, solid"]

Kiro Oda- ANBU for the Republic

The three thousand troops continued their march towards the camp perimeter taking a break once in a while so everyone could recover their fatigue, and get some food inside them. It was a normal march, nothing exciting happened at all. So as they continued traveling, someone marched up beside him. A woman in her thirties perhaps, first thing she did was shoot him a glare which showed that she was an ANBU. "Hope I don't have to say that you can't act like your usual self. Your unique.... character is still listed as a criminal. So you best adopt a fake persona right now." She whispered to him before falling back into line, causing him to groan as the mercenary leader let out a belly laugh. This seemed more like a punishment than anything else, why couldn't they send some other military leader to do this? Well not like he wasn't used to this shitty behavior from others, he could say it was warranted. Not like he can say they have no reason to hate him.

The march continued on before someone started arriving in the distance. Kiro held up his hand to signal to stop, as the man approached. "Yuuki Narukami?" The young man asked, to which Kiro nodded. "That would be me. Are you from the Kumo forces?" The messenger nodded in return. "Yes, if you follow me I'll lead you to the perimeter of our camp commander." The man said before taking off. Kiro motioned to continue marching and would follow the male for another few hours. Yet they finally arrived at the camp perimeter, to which Kiro held up his hand. "Okay guys set up camp nearby, I'm going to meet up with...." Kiro paused before looking at the messenger. " Commander Satoshi." He said to which Kiro snapped his fingers. "Commander Satoshi." With that the army went in another direction to find a place for a campsite, while Kiro walked in to the Kumo camp. He gazed around catching some looks from others who went about their business.

What intrigued him the most was this slayer tale going on. "Slayers? Something happened before we arrived?" Kiro asked to which the messenger nodded. "Yes, but I'll let the commander fill you in on that if he wishes. I can say though that two soldiers were heroes." The man said clearly a fan of these two. "I see, well that's good, I bet it helps with morale with them around." He said, and soon enough they arrived at the commanders tent. The man went in to notify the commander and would come out. "You are free to go inside." The messenger said, Kiro nodded and would walk inside.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nothing exciting so far, royalblue, solid"]

Aya Oda- Genin of Team 14

Leaving the place proved efficient, she wasn't stopped by any guards. So that meant she was in the clear so far, so she continued what she was doing. She grabbed a box this one weighing less then the crate of paper, bringing it inside she would place it down once she was further in. She checked it and it was nuts? Well that explained the weight, the other crates went back to smelly fish, and she would go back outside before drawing suspicion. This time she was signaled out by a fellow worker, who with three others needed help moving a crate. Gulping she came over still disguised to look like a burly man, and with the three other males would lift the crate albeit it took a while to carry it inside. They set it down and would disperse like nothing, meaning she couldn't check this one out as they would wonder why she trailed behind.

So she made a mental note to come back and check it later. Leaving the warehouse she scooped up another crate and brought it in, repeating this process several times with nothing out of the ordinary. Non perishable foods, minerals, fish, general goods. It all seemed fine so far. So she decided she would search three more times before regrouping with the others. She hadn't had anytime to check out that really heavy crate yet as too many people were around that area. Well if she was patient she would be able to get to it eventually. Scooping up another light crate she would bring it in and set it down near the back. Peeking inside it was more minerals, along with the crates next to it. Sighing she would leave to repeat the process.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Paper with an edge, green]
Harumi Uchiha,

| ANBU | Akinian Empire | Keishi, West of the city center |

[ A collab that has been made with Gerontis ]

[ Part II ]
[ Summary ]

Harumi Uchiha leads a part of her ANBU team to apprehend the weird anomaly that their sensor picked up. The sensor of the ANBU team had managed to track a chakra trace that was identical to the signature of Hideki Hyuuga. Sparked with interest Harumi decided that she and half of her Team would attempt to figure out if this anomaly is a clone or something worse. What she and the others discover seems to be nothing that they had expected, at all. ]

Previous Post.

[spoili]
Landing the ANBU quickly pushed who attacked with the two tantos didn't linger much around the imposter of Hideki. The so far visible damage wasn't something that nobody could spot as Hideki seemed to just fall forwards on one knee. Throwing a glare at the ANBU who had attacked him, Harumi noticed the black scales better as her body started to decompose into small sheets of paper. The sheets of paper would start to split up as one part would move and revolve around the imposter. Taking away the sight of the stranger while the other formed Harumi.
"And?"
"Nothing but a small dent, ma'am."

It was somewhat expected but worth a try. Her first theory was debunked, which didn't yet demoralise Harumi. She had hoped that a rapid attack following each other would have perhaps done something. Certainly if they would force the chakra aura to leech chakra, to perhaps to allow another person to move in and land a hit that would count.
"Plan B---"
"Shit, look out!"

Suddenly the whirlwind of the paper sheets were blown away as what seemed to be pure darkness stretched out. Just as Harumi tried to jump away, she noticed that she was being pulled into the dark orb as tendrils had moved over the ground to grab her by the ankle. Narrowing her eyes, she looked at the orb. Just before anybody else could react, the woman would allow herself to be dragged into the orb.
"Ma'am?! Over?! Shit!"

Harumi looked around, wary of any signal - whether it be sound or image. Her technique was still active so that would hopefully allow her to respond well to any surprise attack. Slowly light would dawn and drive the darkness away as Harumi noticed that she wasn't in the urban setting anymore. It seemed she was just outside of Keishi, judging by the look of it and spotting the familiar walls up in the distance. Or was she now somewhere else? Or perhaps this was genjutsu?

The darkness that was driven away would mould together into another shape. A woman around the same age of Harumi stood at some small distance from her. She would appeal to many beauty ideals that many had, though there was no friendly smile plastered on the thin lips. Looking with a cold look at Harumi, the woman reached out to her side. Pulling out a crude looking dagger the woman frowned.
"Know Hisoka Uchiha?"

Remaining silent Harumi viewed the weapon of the other. A melee weapon? Harumi was more than confident that her paper release would be capable of making that useless, but decided to not grow too cocky. Remembering the details from the report of this opponent - as she assumed this was what Team 7 had encountered before - Harumi decided to pull out her tanto. She rather wouldn't want to play along with the talking game, but decided to do that for now.
"Who doesn't?"

The woman scoffed as she sniffed the air for a moment. "You smell of him, faintly." She narrowed her eyes for a moment. Then with a fast speed, she would sprint towards Harumi, the dagger lifted up for a diagonal slash.
The sound of steel clashing and colliding rang through the air as Harumi was in time to parry the attack. Noticing a cold, her instinct was telling her to back off. Instead Harumi tried to push the tanto forwards to force her opponent backwards.

A strong strenght, however, made that impossible as Harumi's eyes would widen. She quickly stepped aside to avoid being slammed backwards to the ground. Her attacker was very fast, able to twist and lash out again. Deflecting the attack barely on time, Harumi narrowed her eyes. Kicking the woman with her right foot, while pushing herself of the ground with her other foot Harumi quickly made some distance with a back flip. Just as she was about to raise her defence the other was already close enough for another attack.
"Shit!"

Leaning to the right to avoid the crude looking dagger, Harumi would let the tanto slice the side of the woman. Instead of moving through the clothing and skin of her opponent, Harumi noticed how it just moved against it and doing no damage at all.
Quickly lowering herself through her legs, Harumi avoided a swing of the free fist of the woman. Dropping herself on her back, she already noticed that the woman leant forward with the dagger held up. Before the strange woman could make the dagger go down, the feet of Harumi kicked the woman straight into the face.

Stumbling backwards by the strong kick the woman felt how something would sweep her off her feet. Just as she opened her eyes she noticed how Harumi's tanto would move down with a rapid speed.

A loud thud resonated through the air as Harumi's eyes widened.

"Too. bad."

The woman reached out with her free hand and grabbed Harumi's wrist. Even while the Uchiha struggled and attempted to break free it seemed that it wasn't bothering the strange woman. "Don't worry, I just need some information." She whispered on a honeyed tone as Harumi's mouth dropped. No scream followed as she felt how what one could describe as a thousand insects moved under her skin. Pain, a very cold one, moved through her arm to her head. Just before it could spread the strange woman's eyes would widen. She wanted to move backwards, but it would be too late.

Harumi exploded as several planted tags on the woman would go off into a violent explosion. Launched back in the force the woman would be flung against a nearby tree, groaning as the visible damage was done. Shivering as she was clearly in pain while her body seemed to recover at a rapid pace Harumi dropped out of another tree. Staring at the strange woman with a neutral look Harumi raised her right hand dusted off her left shoulder.

"Think that I found a way to beat you." The Uchiha said in a calm tone, taking a few steps forward. Her skin and clothing seemed to rimple again as if the woman made out of thousands of paper sheets. "Your protective ability can't be held up when the person you're attaching yourself to is trying to fight back. Or managing to set something off." Her tone growing colder. "Already found it strange that an attack from another person has no effect, but the manifestation of the Hyuuga's chakra seemed to drive you back."

Raising the tanto up as she took a stance Harumi considered her plan once more. She had been able to plant several tags on the woman with her paper release during their scuffle, but it wouldn't work the second try without some luck. Then again, Harumi had another theory on how to break through the woman's defence.

"You..." The woman groaned, getting up. Her wounds seemed to recover as obsidian scales rapidly moved over the wounds while the illusion would be restored to the image of an attractive woman. "How dare you... A mere mortal such as yourself."

"Humour me, will you? Reveal your true self. It is just us. Cause I do realise that you have some sensory ability if you were able to track down chakra that belonged to Team 7." Harumi stated. The strange woman grows quiet for a second as she frowned.

"And what if it wasn't me?"

"Then we will need to check the corpses again. No trace of chakra moulding had been spotted prior their death. Let's not make this become dull. We have gained some information after your scuffle with Team 7." Harumi's eyes narrowed. "You're dealing now with the ANBU, after all."

The air seemed to turn colder than it already had been. Spotting her own breathing now, Harumi felt something approaching her. Something dreadful that seemed to cling to her, wanting to suffocate her with its presence. Keeping her eyes focused on the woman she noticed how the skin and clothing of the woman seemed to be turned outside out by the obsidian scales. Forming an armour around the woman of archaic design.

The right hand of the woman would move up to the visor of the closed helmet. Revealing nothing but two red eyes glaring at Harumi. "I am going to take you with me. Just without one or two limbs..." Closing her visor the woman would flex her left hand. Out of the shadow of the strange woman a hilt seemed to drift upwards. Grabbing the hilt the woman pulled out a scimitar-design sword.

"Great." Harumi mumbled to herself. A moment of silence passed the area before the woman would lunge once more at Harumi. She didn't seem to be slowed down by the dark armour, grabbing the scimitar with both hands to deliver a fast swing towards Harumi's right arm.

Stepping away for the attack, Harumi wasn't able to react in time back to deliver a strike back as her foe already was about to deliver another attack. This continued as Harumi felt beads of sweat rolling down her back and forehead. The clinging desperation grew worse, starting to eat away her focus and leave behind doubts and fears. She knew that she had to focus and just to tire the creature out. What had the Hyuuga reported? The chakra was decaying and if that was correct this would tire the creature out. It had to.

Gasping for air, Harumi froze as her eyes widened. The tanto fell on the ground as the other woman managed to grab Harumi by her throat. The voice resonated in an eerie vibration from in the helmet, speaking an unknown language. The desperation became worse as Harumi tried to kick and punch her opponent away, but it didn't seem to do anything. Her face would start to grow pale as she felt how she was both being suffocated and slowly chakra was pulled out of her. It was a slow and painful process as if the woman was moving a hand into her inner essence and starting to pull everything out. Though she did her best to try to form her body into paper sheets Harumi found herself distracted.

The boy's face grew a bit redder. "Hehe... " He gathered his hands behind himself. "Same as... always, huh?"
"Shit! Not good! Not now!"

"Quite well," he said. "I kinda wish you'd be around more often..."
"Fuck off! Stop this!"

Tears started to well up at Harumi's eyes as she tried to fight back. Whispering voices started to sound up from the back of her mind while she tried to fight back against the influence of the woman.

A rather sad smile formed on Katsu's lips. Lightly, he rubbed his forehead. "Th... Thanks." His smile growing happier, he looked over at her. "Well... At least you're here now."
"I... I am sorry.... Kat.... So sorry..."

Her hands slowly moved to hang at her side as Harumi stopped to kick. The grip became less tight as a chuckle escaped the armoured woman. "Dealing with the ANBU? Oh, I am really terrified now." Was the mockery that the woman dealt while she dropped Harumi. The latter fell on the ground, not moving at all. The other woman lifted her weapon up to let it rest on her shoulder as she looked down on the Uchiha.

"Don't worry. I won't cut off one limb. Just three." Was the soft whisper as the woman leant forward with her free hand moving towards the right ankle of Harumi.

"Good night."

Paper sheets would move shoot up from the ground, starting to develop the other woman, placing itself against every inch of the woman. Harumi slowly half opened her eyes as she glanced at the woman. She struggled to break free as more paper moved from the ground, constricting her. A screech was produced as Harumi squeezed her eyes shut. The pain moved through her ears and vibrated through her skull, but she would start to crawl away from the constricted enemy.

Moving to lay on her back, Harumi kept focusing on breathing while she watched her enemy. Some paper sheets fell off her body, but the ANBU's technique didn't seem to be fully deactivated by the strange chakra aura.
"Ma'am? Do you copy?"
"I do... Your plan worked."
"O-O-Of course it did... where are you, ma'am?"

Coughing Harumi would sit up and narrow her eyes. She didn't lose her watch of the struggling figure. No sheet of paper would fall from the stranger anymore, fully constricting her as she would fall on her side.

"Good question..."

[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Hikyo | Kumogakure Guard Commander, gold]
hikyo_by_sketching101-daibade.jpg

The sun had started to set quite early. The change had happened quite suddenly, but everyone had already gotten used to seeing the black sky around late noon. People tarried outside much less now that cold winds rushed through the streets. Nearly all houses and shops had their lights on, brightening the empty roads. On a back alley, Hikyo walked on the dark road towards the one building with its lights on. As he reached its door, he took off his hat. He opened the door and walked in, smiling at the man sitting behind the counter inside the small, cozy restaurant. "Come on in," the old man said unenthusiastically before going into a brief coughing fit.

Hikyo took off his trench coat and hung it up on the rack beside the small door along with his hat. He looked around the dimly lit room for a moment. He walked over to a couch and threw his brief case at it. He sunk deep into the pillows next to it. After letting out a sigh, he reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out a packet of cigarettes. Flicking the lid open, he looked inside and quickly took one into his mouth. As he brought his hands up and lit the end with a flicker of lightning.

"No smoking."

The young commander took it in before plucking the cigarette out of his mouth. He let out the smoke and sighed, rubbing his forehead. "I had a long day. It's not like there's anyone in here to be bothered."

"No - Smoking." The old man looked at Hikyo sternly. "I'm here, ain' I?"

"Oh, you're bothered by this?" Hikyo said before bringing the cigarette to his mouth again. As he took another puff, his eyes locked with the old man's. A heavy silence fell in the room. After a few moments, Hikyo sighed and leaned forward, pulling out the cigarette from his mouth and pushed its head on the knife. Smoke rose from the dying flame. "Fine. There. Are you happy now?" The young man sounded a bit irritated as he spoke. "I'll have the usual."

The old man nodded and strugglingly got up from his seat. "Comin' right up," he said as he walked off into the kitchen.

Hikyo cupped his chin, tapping his finger incessantly on his lips. After sitting there a long time, thinking, the young man took off his glasses and leaned back. He reached for his breast pocket and pulled out a handkerchief. He pressed it on the lenses of the glasses and started wiping. He pulled the handkerchief back and exhaled on the lenses before continuing the motion. By the time he put them back on, he noticed that his dish had arrived and the old man was walking back to his counter. The young man looked at the old man with a guilt ridden stare before sighing and digging in.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Karma Minami, #FFFFCC"]
Konoha Team 7 Chuunin | Akinian Empire | On the Road

She knew that she was being tracked, by at least Kensuke, if not also the ANBU that arrived to buy her team time, but at the same time, Karma knew well that tracking her would be a waste of time. Right after she made the message over the earcoms, she deactivated her earpiece and placed it in her pocket, not intending to use it any further.

After arriving at the gate, she managed to find a guy who was willing to help her get to Konoha due to seeing her current disability, but he needed her to wait a bit longer as he still needed to finish business, something Karma did not mind doing. She sat in a small place by the gate for a bit over a day before getting informed by the man that he was heading out in that evening. She thanked him once more and made sure everything on her side was ready.

Several hours later, she was leaning against a few barrels of fine wine, according to what the man told her. She didn't mind it, as long as it wouldn't accidently burst out on her. The last thing she wanted was to go and drink while still being on duty. Karma figured that as long as it was not reported to the Jounin-Commander in one way or another, she was still on duty, which was why the first thing she intended on doing was going to his office, updating him on her own status as well as giving a full report from her own side of things as to how the mission went until the point of her departure.

Karma closed her eyes as she heard the horse neigh, and knew that as long as her own family was still safe, she would be willing to accept any consequences that may come to her, be it from the Jounin-Commander or her team/[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Hide and seek? Start!, maroon]
Hiron Hon,

Jounin | Team 9 | Konohagakure, at Hiron's home.

Hiron continued with his train of thoughts. Not that he was amused by doing so, but what else could he do while waiting? Eventually the first of the 'team meeting' would arrive. It was the newest addition ever since Neji had been swapped to another team. The Hon wasn't feeling too bad about that. He had nothing against the Uchiha boy, after all. And he wasn't much interested if it was thanks to the boy's own request or due to the administration making the call - as that could happen as well.

"Haha! Good to finally see you, sensei! Here I thought I would never meet this team."

The sound of the voice made Hiron throw a look at the side, spotting a young man looking up to him. Taking a second to eye the other, he reasoned to himself that this was Kouta Riojin. A native from the Rain province and member of some clan that was more present in that province. For a second Hiron felt tempted to ask where his rain coat was, but he decided not to. "On time? Good." He said to the young man as he would return to gaze off what seemed to be the distant horizon. Remembering the file he had studied of Kouta Hiron kept himself silent. Just when he would attempt to shoot the chuunin a question Masami arrived on the scene.

" Masami Hyuuga reporting in ... Sensei. I ... I am so glad to see you again. "

For a moment Hiron would look at the Hyuuga. He noticed the tear, but wouldn't frown or comment on it. Rising up from his sitting position, he would let out a sigh. "Good, we're all here. Means we can get to business." He said, looking down from the large rock he was standing on. "Not that this is the entire team, so we can lay off the full introductions for now. Right now the two genin that is also part of the team is busy with something else. Which means that we're going to start training right away. Am certain you both are more than happy to just get to work." There was a certain sarcasm present in his voice but Hiron continued.

"Today I am going to test you with this training. The idea is simple." Pulling a pair of bells from his right pocket Hiron frowned as he would pause. "You got till midnight. The rules are simple : You got to find me and try to ambush me without getting noticed by anybody else that isn't part of this training."

Right after those words Hiron poofed away, revealing that it had been a shadow clone, leaving the two chuunin behind on the 9th training field.

"Hm?"

He would turn his head to the right. So the hunt had started? Hiron would turn back to his front and started to walk, again. He had a cap instead of a bandana and wore more casual clothing to not fall apart from the crowd. He would keep an eye out on the surrounding, but would for now just enjoy the brisk walk in the center of the town.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Let's Get going, White]

Masami Hyuuga
Konohagakure Chuunin
Team 9

Masami needed no further proof that this was the Hiron Sensei she knew from before that one particular mission. Stern, stoic ... admirable, she though to herself. The young chuunin was the second to arrive and turned to her teammate and gave him a wave with a smile. There would be time for an introduction later. Before she got a chance to say anything, Hiron told them the goal of today's training session and just like he said, she felt excitement surge in her. The poof with which Hiron disappeared did little to quell that.

Taking a deep breath, she turned to her teammate." Name's Masami, Masami Hyuuga. I am pleased to meet you. So ... what to tell you ... since there are two of us, we have to ... you know, stick together. The other two teammates could be of great help to us but ... we can do it!", she then paused as not to overwhelm the boy." Knowing Hiron Sensei, he can be anywhere near the village by now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, but we can do so while moving. Follow me!"

She took the lead and headed towards the edge of the training field near the edge of the town.​
[/fieldbox]

Objective: Find the Man Whore!

A Collab between Honorabru and Fieryfly

Summary:
Niota and Gavin, two of Kumogakure's ANBU who are instructed by the Raikage to figure out what is going on in Ranzaki, set out on their mission. After some discussion it is decided that they will go their seperate way. They will meet back at midnight.

Having escorted Takeru to his meeting, she would keep silent and stay back while he and the regent lady made crazy demands. They were ridiculous to the point they made her smirk behind her mask. However that smirk would soon fade as it escalated to the point she tried having him executed. With no command given her and the other three circled Takeru with weapons at the ready, her hand wrapped tightly around her Tanto until he signaled them to stop. She obeyed but didn't move away from him as this woman proved to be violence first, reason last.

Time would pass as they made it back to the carriage where she was ready to follow outside until Takeru beconked her and Gavin into the carriage. She complied and would follow him inside standing up as he sat down. The carriage would move and he would give them both a secret mission to find out what happened to Keitaro and too see what is going on. When he finished speaking and told them good luck, she nodded and would open the carriage door. Moitioning to the alley to discuss what to do to Gavin. She would jump out of the carriage and book it into the alley where Gavin soon followed.

She looked at him and tapped her chin to think of what to do first. "If we are to find Keitaro, I think the best step would be to find his lastest "Lover" and see if she may know anything about what he may have been thinking or planning. Do you agree?" She asked him tilting her head slightly to the left.

Gavin had been quiet throughout the entire meeting and ride afterwards. Whatever had happened inside that room was technically only for the Raikage's ears and as such, while he had heard the words, he was not going to draw any conclusions from them. That was until the Raikage himself requested Gavin to draw conclusions from them by asking him and Niota to continue the investigation. The circumstances surrounding Keitaro were strange indeed. And it was not only Keitaro. During the meeting Gavin's eyes had been going over all of the people gathered. Every one of them seemed to have their own secrets, their own plans, and while the demands of Aki Chise had been ridiculous no one except the Raikage had openly refuted them. Did they honestly think the kage would agree on such terms? The bald man was even more a mystery. The only one who hadn't interested him much was the second son. Mostly because he looked like he might fall apart every second he stayed upright. Then again, that could be a clever disguise to hide the true man, but Gavin doubted it. He had heard about this second son before, he had done his homework, and he had always been a weak little boy. Then again you didn't need physical strength to rule.

The carriage door opened, Niota beckoned him outside, and moments later they were hidden in one of the small alleyways of the city. Niota laid out her plan. Gavin blinked behind his mask and considered her words. "If he had any lovers," he said. He shot a quick look left and right to see if there were any people around and then pointed upwards to the roofs. Two ANBU in an alleyway were easy to spot. Better find a quieter spot on one of the overhanging roofs.

Assuming that she followed her, he made his way up the building with ease. He then turned back to her. "I'm not opposed, but there must be quite a few houses in the city. If we were to consider them all we might need to split up to cover more ground quicker. Unless you have another plan already worked out."

As he followed he had some doubts about seeking out the women Keitaro slept with and then motioned her to the top of the roofs. Following behind he suggested splitting up if they were going to consider all the houses. Niota would remain silent as she was thinking about this plan. "That would cover more ground faster, but what are the odds out of all these houses, someone knows what Keitaro is planning or where he is even located? As for any other plans, they would be to simply seek out people he may have conversed with daily. Like a trusted friend. You have any ideas?"

He cleared his throat. "Our final objective is finding Keitaro. The Raikage, however, also suggested that we figure out what is happening within the confinements of this city. The bald man, Kata, we need to know more about him and what he is doing here. I would also be interested in finding out who the people here follow; the Raikage or miss Chise. We do not have much information on Keitaro at all. We do not know his friends or foes, we do not know who in this city was a fan of his potential leadership. We also don't know how his father was liked within these walls. I say we start small. We need to gather basic information to get access to more detailed information. As such a brothel could be a good start because it has always been a source of gossip. Same could be said for taverns, but also possible are local religious places. Kata was the late Daimyou's religious leader so it would be interesting to figure out what the rest of the city thought of that. I'd say we go down, disguise ourselves and blend. A day of information winning should prove fruitful. There was no time limit given for the mission which makes me think that we have a few days to find everything we need."

She listened to every word he said and agreed with most of it as well. She did admit Kata was a curiosity. He was the opposite of the regent in every way. Where she was rash, he was tame. She was angry, he was calm, an odd pairing really. Yet he suggested gathering information for the day which was for the best, yet one part of what he said she couldn't do. "Sounds good to me but umm.." She said sighing a bit. "I... I should probably take the brothel. For two reasons. One being plenty of drunk men will tell me things, most likely dirty. Two..... is I can't disguise myself as someone else." She said moving her mask to show a defeated look. "Sometimes this no chakra thing comes to bite me. So meet here at midnight? I can always buy us dinner afterwards with my soon to be millions."

Gavin was scanning the road below as Niota explained her problem with the plan. She couldn't disguise herself. Gavin shot her a look, even though she could see that, and seemed to contemplate something. "Just because you can't use chakra to disguise yourself doesn't mean you can't disguise yourself," he said then. "Give me a moment." Before she could say something in reply he had already dropped of the roof. A couple of minutes passed by but before long the man appeared back on the roof, dropping his own disguise as soon as he stepped on the wood. In his hands he held a couple of clothing items. He offered them to her and then said: "And you will have to take off your mask. Too recognizable."

"True but umm how exactly do you plan on me getting-" Before she could finish he had figured the flaw and asked for a moment. Which he spent getting her a disguise to which he showed her as he got back. As she looked at it she looked at him as he stated she would need to take the mask off. Well that was obvious, so she removed it and looked at the clothing and back at him and waited a moment. She cleared her throat as she looked at him. "You... can go now.... Thank you for the... clothing. I... I think."

Gavin had not figured that there would be an ANBU who was prude. Then he realized that he was talking to a nineteen year old girl and a slight smile passed his lips, again unknown to her. "No worries. See you at midnight," was his even reply. He turned around and put on a long coat he had taken for himself. With a quick move he removed his mask as well and put it in one of the pockets. Then he dropped off the roof once more. Before his feet hit the ground his disguise was again in place. A shorter man with pointy chin and jet black hair walked into the crowd, his hands stuck firmly in his larger overcoat. Within seconds he had disappeared.

Niota watched him vanish before removing her ANBU gear and putting on the clothing Gavin got her. Well she would certainly make men drop something when they looked at her. Leaving her clothing on the roof she would make her way down in the outfit that shouted girls night out and would make her way over the the district the brothel was in, Niota knew she was getting closer as the place looked more like shit by the minute and the vulgar comments she was getting before even arriving.

Briefed?
Ready?
Let's head out.

A collab done between Sketching, Rusty, Honorabru and Gerontis.

Summary :
Koike, Katsu, Hiraku and Kazumo gather together to be once more briefed. They talk a bit and then head out with the goal in mind. - Is short, but the collab is also short.

[spoili]
With everybody gathered and inside the abandoned building the cold indeed wasn't repelled. There were too many places from which the cold temperature could move into the building. Being sure that nobody would eavesdrop on them, Koike decided to go over the plan with them. He had already briefly made it clear to everybody this morning what they would be doing, but this time he had more room and time to provide them with more details than the hasty briefing this morning.

"The task is that we're send out to investigate and try to trace a trail from a corpse. The victim was a homeless man and there is no remaining chakra trace left in the body. Yet," Koike said on a calm tone, "The body doesn't show any signs that it had been long dead. It seems that the corpse is around a day or two old, if not slightly older. More corpses were found that showed the same kind of wound and features. We're going to try to trace the culprit and see if there is any connection going on with the random attack that occured not too long ago on some post office and these corpses. Any questions?" He asked, glancing at each of them.

As Koike described the corpse, Katsu thought back to when they went to confirm that the bodies were completely drained. He remembered the strangely low amount of chakra traces left on the scene. He couldn't help but get worried it was going to be difficult tracking down someone who didn't leave much to work on behind. As Koike finished up, Katsu looked over and shook his head in response.

Once inside the building, it was still cold like the outside, less rainy in certain areas but mostly dry. Koike would detail what they would be doing today, there were more bodies just like the homeless man? Well this didnt seem like a good situation for them at all. Random killers who can suck chakra dry, and is claiming more people by the day. Then their was that festering wound, well hopefully they didnt run into them today. He would hate to see what kind of weapon causes such a wound. As they were asked if they had any questions, Kazumo would shake his head and await further detail.

Hiraku, though still cold inside of the building, was at least glad to not have water beating down on them making everything even colder. He frowned as he listened to Koike's less brief overview of the situation and their job. He was tempted to activate his byakugan to see if he could find any chakra traces that others may have missed, but decided against it, as he would likely only find exactly what he was already being told. "Is it possible that they were murdered by someone who knows that jutsu you used against me in the Ironblood Tournament?"

Koike glanced as both Katsu and Kazumo seemed to have no questions. When Hiraku spoke up Koike looked at the Hyuuga, but the question made him grow a bit colder. His facial expression and body language remained composed and calm as he shook his head lightly. "No. That was something different." Koike answered on a calm tone, taking a pause. "The little trick I did was to mould my chakra in a different way to slam through your technique. Not to drain your chakra." He lied. The young man waited for another moment as a cold breeze would find its way through the building. "Alright, let's head out."

His shadow clone had been guarding the corpse that Kazumo had discovered. The culprit hadn't returned to the scene and as Koike dismissed his shadow clone, the information he gained made it clear that nobody had paid any mind or interest to the dead man. It was a sad fact, but nothing that made Koike more or less interested in the body. Crouching near the corpse he glanced around. The dreadful rain made it impossible to deploy the direwolves to track down any scent and any blood was probably already washed away before Kazumo had discovered the body. Raising his right hand to pinch his nosebridge Koike thought about something.

"We're overlooking something." He mumbled. Straightening his back he wasn't sure what though. The dead man didn't seem interesting at all. Nothing that made him stand out in Koike's opinion, so why would somebody go through the trouble of draining him dry of chakra? Frowning as he couldn't come up with an answer that wouldn't make him feel disgusted Koike looked around. "We're going to do this as the following. We will split up here and try to keep watch of the homeless for today. If the culprit targets those who are regarded by the community as parias or pests then we will try to catch him or her during the deed." Raising his right hand, once more, to his right ear. "We will stay in contact. Moment that either one of you catches something odd then don't go in alone. Seeing we're not sure what or who we're dealing with it is best if we don't take too many risks. Clear?"

"I do have one question," Katsu said quickly after Koike finished speaking. "Are there any other bodies we can examine? From before we arrived, I mean."

"There were, but they have been given to the local authoritaties." Koike replied. "Not sure if I can arrange access to those bodies seeing that we're meant to try to stay in a low profile as long as we can maintain that."

Katsu looked down with his chin cupped for a few moments. With a certain unease, he nodded. "Alright, got it."

Hiraku was the only one to ask a question but even that one Kazumo could have answered. Hell he was sure he did warn them that Koike knew this fancy genjutsu, oh well wasn't his problem. That tournament was in the past, so without any further questions they set off.
They arrived at the scene where not much had changed, a man was still dead and the natural occuring rainfall prevented most tracks from being found. Koike then handed out the assignment of splitting up and keeping a watch on the homeless population, in case they were being the sole targets of this individual. He had no further question, they had to watch the homeless. Nodding that he understood he set off to spot some homeless men or women, just to see if this theory holds out.

As there were no more questions being asked or theories swapped out, Koike would reach with his left hand to his earphone communicator. Switching the device on the young man would nod to the others as he spoke up. "Alright, let's head out. Communicate over channel B."
[/spoili]

[fieldbox="A Talk Between Sisters, green, solid, 10, Tahoma"]
A collab between Oetje and Jason

Summary: Mizuchi is out looking for Yumeji, to check up on her little sister after the recent mission when she runs into... Yumeji! The two talk for a little bit as Miuzchi attempts to make her sister feel a bit better.​

Noticing the girl ahead of her, Mizuchi immediately picked up on just who it was, and began to pick up her pace. Eventually the Chuunin would catch up with the other, and wasted no time before she would speak. "So, Slayer, think I can skip the line for your autograph?" she said calmly, a small smile on her lips as she said the jest to her sister.

For a moment Yumeji already had a fitting reply on her tongue, to tell the person to leave her alone or else risk to have some teeth for dinner. Only too late did she recognise the voice as she half turned around, spotting Mizuchi. "A bit too soon to joke about that," Yumeji stated.
"Good, though, to notice that you're still around. And not without the loss of a limb." Yumeji fully turned to her sibling for a moment, her fists planted on her hips.
"Unless you lost a few toes?" She tried to joke. Somehow she felt the need to just make one as she felt still a bit bad that she couldn't have lunch with that boy. He seemed to be somewhat down by it as well. Maybe it was because she had let him talk for two instead of trying to be more talkative?

Mizuchi let out a small laugh as her sister sprouted off about the missing limbs. "Nope, just a couple of scars and whatnot." the girl said and gestured towards the large scar running across her face. "Can't say the same about my opponents. she said, before tilting her head slightly and studying Yumeji. "How are you feeling after all of that? The... thing you fought didn't look like an easy fight." she said, curious about how that all went.

The large scar on Mizuchi's face was something that Yumeji just tried to ignore. She doubted that her sibling would want to talk about that or wish for somebody to stare at it. However, when Mizuchi asked about the dreadful and mysterious opponent Yumeji shook her head lightly. "I don't want to talk about that." She said in a somewhat hushed tone. Glancing for a moment around her, she would start walking.
Beckoning Mizuchi to walk with her, Yumeji felt her stomach already twist by the mere thought of that opponent. "I already had to state the story too many times again. Perhaps, later on, I can talk about it." She said to Mizuchi, just trying to reassure her sister before she would ask if she was okay.
"So, how has your day been so far?" Yumeji asked, just deciding that a walk would suit her needs for now.

A concerned look grew on Mizuchi's face as Yumeji mentioned that she didn't want to talk about the encounter. Not that Mizuchi didn't understand that fact, just that she was a bit worried about Yumeji. "Today has been decent, had to meet with the commander earlier for a quick debrief. Then I went to look for you, so it seems pretty lucky I ran into you." the Hojo said as she kept pace with the other girl. "You don't need to talk about what happened, I just want to know if you're doing alright." Mizuchi said after walking in silence for a few moments, giving Yumeji a concerned look as she awaited an answer.

Listening to the other Yumeji felt the need for Toshi to be present. If he could have talked for two before, perhaps he could've been here to just talk all the time to her sibling? A nice thought, but one that wasn't anything more than that.
"I have been checked. Nothing seems to be wrong or missing. Can't say that I am neither in pain or feel any achings." Yumeji answered in a friendly manner to Mizuchi. "I just grow a bit tired of this 'Slayer' thing. Perhaps I have to get used to it. It sounds kind of... nice, but at the same time I am not sure yet how to adapt myself to it." Shrugging lightly after her words, Yumeji became silent once more.

Nodding in response, Mizuchi wished she could have been in Yumeji's place before. Just so she could offer some sort of advi e to her sister, but such was not the case. "I'm sure you will adapt over time. I suppose I can understand how the slayer thing might get a little tiring after a while. Still, it pleases me to see that you're alright." she said, then fell silent as she tried to think of something to change the subject. Yumeji obviously wasn't terribly eager to continue talking about this subject. "I wonder how father is holding up, with two of his daughters out here." she mused quietly, thinking back to the family the two of them had left at home when coming out to the front. "Perhaps I should wirte him sometime... think he would like that?"

"Probably having it more comfortable than us, right now. Certainly, if we're going to be stuck here while winter will dawn upon us." Yumeji mumbled, not really growing happier with the change of the subject. She did appreciate Mizuchi's attempts and thus did try to not sound too much down.
"And yes, I think he would love that. Though," she shot her sister a serious look, "Don't mention anything about this Slayer happening. Or that we got into a mess. The thought that he will grow worried is something we can't have on our back with whatever will happen next." Yumeji said, already dreading the idea of their father sending a letter he would do anything to make them being transported back to come home.

"I can already imagine the cart full of letters that would arrive from him if I mentioned that. Worry not, I'm not planning on mentioning that mess. As much for my sanity as your own." she said with a small smile. As she looked at her sister, it was obvious that the subject change wasn't really doing the trick. So the girl fell silent once more as she tried to think of something else to cheer her sister up a little bit. "Well, if we are out here when it is winter, I can always start fires pretty easily." she said with a small shrug. "Or write father asking him for some nice warm clothing or whatever. He hasn't seemed to be able to say no to my requests yet, am unsure of how your success with him has been." she joked. Already fearing that her father would try to get her transferred back if she mentioned any uncomfort.

Yumeji just nodded as she looked ahead of herself while they kept walking. She kept a close watch that they wouldn't attract too much attention, but wondered how one could do that.
"Mizuchi," Yumeji began, throwing a faint smile in the direction of her sister, "I appreciate it. But at the moment I don't feel like talking about father. Or to be cheered up. I will manage, promised." The teen said.
Thinking about something so that Mizuchi wouldn't feel guilty or just keep on trying, Yumeji decided to speak up again.
"I wonder what the next assignment will detail. Hopefully one not in the dark of the night." She said, "I am actually hoping to see more of the eastern continent while we are here anyways."

Nodding, Mizuchi couldn't help but feel a bit guilty for all that. "Sorry, Yumeji. I thought I was helping." she said before hearing what her sister had said next. "I'm hoping for an assignment that doesn't include massive hordes of enemies. Certainly one during the day as well. I'd be a liar if I said I'm not curious to see the eastern continent." she said in response, casting a look towards her sister.

"I know you were. It is okay." It wasn't really, but Yumeji wouldn't be a deadbeat now. It wasn't Mizuchi's fault what was going on or what had happened, after all. Raising her right hand to scratch her head Yumeji released a sigh. She wished that she could let out some of her frustration, but there wasn't any possible manner she could do so without a chance of becoming more irked.
"Okay, lets grab something to eat. Rations or whatever. I don't know anything to talk about and you worrying over me is starting to tick me off." Yumeji grumbled. "I should else just punch the biggest around to make it clear that I should be left alone for some time." Spotting a large man Yumeji decided not to follow her words. The man was a head taller and she could fit with ease twice in him.
"On second thought, lets just try to find food and enjoy rations. If that is possible."

Mizuchi didn't even have a proper response for that, instead the chuunin found herself at a sudden lack for words. It seemed whatever her sister had experienced had truly affected her. She looked straight ahead, going blank briefly before looking at her sister. Forcing herself to not be wearing a concerned look so as to not annoy her sister further. "Yeah, I could go for something to eat. Though I'm not convinced one can enjoy rations." she said calmly, keeping her expression even and calm.

"I suppose not many are a fan of rations. Then again, what was the saying again? A beggar can't be a picker? And at the moment I could use some food." Yumeji said. She kept looking in front of her but realised that she wasn't contributing much to make the conversation being nicer for Mizuchi.
"Maybe if there is some free time tomorrow, we can engage in a spar?" Yumeji offered, a hint of a smile dawning on her lips.

"A spar? I think I would much enjoy that, though I hope you're prepared to lose, dear little sister." Mizuchi jested, a small grin appearing on her lips. She'd always much enjoyed sparring with her sister, and a little competetion never hurt. Relatively. The bruises she had sustained over the years said otherwise, but she'd survived worse. "Now then, shall we go see if we can find some rations that are at least edible?" she asked, looking over at her sister as the two began heading in that direction. It would be nice to spend a bit of time with Yumeji, even if she seemed a bit off after whatever happened.

After this, I should go see if that soldier is awake. They said he'd make it. Mizuchi thought briefly, then pushed the thought to the side for now as they reached their destination. For now, she'd enjoy the company of her sister and try to enjoy the rations.
[/hr][/fieldbox]

Out of the Cage

A Collab between Gerontis and Fieryfly

Summary:
Midori finds herself back in her body and as she gets back to the camp and after a good nights sleep she has a conversation with Gyuki which ends on a not so pleasant note.

Before

The sudden shock of Midori regaining control again made her body stumble and fall to the ground. She gagged and stared to the leaves and branches beneath her handpalms. She could feel them. She could feel them. And see them. As in actual seeing. Not the cloudly view she had had for weeks. The view that made it seem like she was watching everything from far, far away, through some kind of tunnel. Spit dribbled on the ground as Midori clenched her fists. Her fingers dug into the earth and she could feel the resistance of it. She could smell the faint odor of dirt, leaves, so many things.

It was unreal.

She didn't remember anymore how long she had been cooped up in that cage. Was it weeks? Months? Any sense of time had disappeared after a couple of days as everything was the same every second, every minute.

She inhaled.

She had to get it together. She knew what was happening. The events had never been forgotten, rather they had taken a backseat with this sudden development. There were so many questions. Why now? What had changed? Of all the times for whatever had been happening to fade off, why this specific moment? It were questions she couldn't answer right now, she couldn't focus on right now. Kaya and Reyna, they should be her focus now. And that older woman. There was no time for questions. There was no time for self pity or fear.

She had to fight.

Now

After she had returned from the mission there had been cheering. People were calling out her name. Or rather they were calling out for the Saviour. Midori knew no such person. She just felt drained. She didn't even have the spirit to tell Reyna and Kaya that everything was back to normal now mostly because... things were not back to normal. Not by a long shot. She might be in control of her body again, but everything was still messed up and she honestly didn't have the strength to explain that to the rest of her team right now even though she wanted to.

She just wanted to sleep.

So she did sleep. There was a long, undisturbed sleep which at least raised her spirits a little again when she woke up. When she did though she had expected to see the blackness again, but it where the dark tentsheets that greeted her along with the morning light. Sounds of people outside. Couple of birds.

Midori found herself rushing out of the tent as soon as she had found herself some clean clothes to put on. No more confinements. She needed to see the sky. Luckily there weren't many people around her tent. Someone must have made sure that most of them stayed clear. Besides what would they need to do here? There was nothing to see and nothing to gain from meeting her.

The sky was blue and it was the prettiest color blue that Midori had ever seen. She found herself a spot against one of the trees. She could see the blueness through the waves of green above her head. Involuntary her hands searched for the ground again as if they needed to make sure that she was actually here now. That it was not another dream she was having. "How..." she mumbled and she knew that he could hear her, knew that he was listening. "Why am I back?"

No answer was given in return to the question. Deep in the darkness of the sealing area the usual talkative Bijuu there was no sound or voice resonating to convey a reply. Silence seemed to be the only answer of the beast. Its tails were curled around him as Gyuki remained in the 'comfortable' darkness. He kept his eyes closed as he tried to ignore the question he dreaded ever since Midori was able to control her body again. His nostrils widened for a moment, but no snort would follow.

"No, no, no, no." Midori shook her head as she spoke. "We are not doing the silence game." She had had enough silence in that cage. Enough silence for a life time. She bit her lip, her hands digging deeper in the ground as if she needed to steady herself. "I know you can hear me. I heard you all the time. I know now what you can and can't do in there. You can hear me so answer me." She wasn't yelling, but there was a clear sense of demand in her voice. She needed answers.

The beast cringed as he heard the words of Midori. Trying to ignore her demand of replying, there was a soft sound moving from the cage. Moving away from the area that was dim lighted the beast moved away, as if that would allow him to remain silent and perhaps she would forget him? Gyuki gritted his teeth slowly as guilt started to boil up. Wrapping his tails once more around his body the beast lowered his head. Hopefully she would be distracted by that team of hers. Or some of those people who seemed to be fond of her, the Saviour.

"Goddammit!" Midori's fist hit the ground with a dull sound. Dirt splattered on her pants, on her feet. She was not going down there. She could appear before those bars, she knew she could, but she wasn't going to. There was no way in hell she would ever go there again. Ever. And there was no way she could make Gyuki answer against his will. "You... you childish... You are acting like a little child, you know that right? Pretending you can't hear me doesn't mean you can't actually hear me. I know, I tried that a lot. It doesn't work!"

Suddenly anger started to boil. It was a tidal wave that was flooding out of the cage. It was brief, heralding the answer of the beast. Spoken in a trembling, booming voice he replied back to Midori. "I wanted to be free!" He said, trying to hide the hurt of the realisation. The fact he had betrayed the person he stated to be his friend. The person he considered to not be after his power or the fact he was a Bijuu. The bitter gall moved up and instead of sinking in further with self-pity and guilt the beast decided to swap it around. It was unfair and would likely push him later into a bigger guilt trip, but at the moment he decided to switch it on anger. "You know how it is now! Being in this cursed dark! Not able to do what you want! How did it feel? Great? Nobody that you can interact with on your own will? Nothing but darkness. Just because you're different. How did it feel, Midori? Great? Did it?"

"Yes, I know how it is now." Midori didn't back away from the angry voice and yet there was not much she could say. She knew exactly what he meant. She knew exactly how he felt. "I know how it is. I know the darkness now. And no, it didn't feel great. Did you think I ever thought that it would be great?" Her tone was rising as the words came tumbling out. "I never said, ever, that you deserved any of this even when I didn't know exactly what it was like. When the darkness was nothing more than a guess. I never said that I wanted you locked in my body!" A pause as if she realized something. The pause became a silence and her eyes narrowed slightly as she stared up to the leaves above her. When she spoke again her voice was rather soft. "You wanted to be free," she repeated. "You wanted to be away from the darkness... I get that... so... why are you still here? You could have run away in that forest, it would have been easy. Why are you still here Gyuki?"

The anger fleeted away as the beast couldn't control and hide his true feelings anymore. It remained subtle, but nothing too hard for Midori to figure out. Guilt, sorrow and dread were the silent answers of the beast. Realising that he couldn't even hide his feelings anymore the beast only felt more defeated. It wanted to scream and shout, crush and destroy to convey its emotions. But where he was now he couldn't do such things. He was confined to talk and it wasn't something he was great at. Certainly not when it concerned about his desires and emotions. Only one person had cared about his desires and emotions before and that were many years ago. "I don't know..." His voice trailed off for a moment. "I wanted to. Just run and be free. To do what I want. I could have done it and nobody would've been able to stop me. But I don't know..."

Midori pulled her legs close to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. She watched her fingers move in the speckled sunlight. "You can't not know," she said then sternly. "You probably do know, but you just can't say it. I have that a lot. Maybe you took some habits from me somewhere along the way." She was talking to a larger branch that lay on the ground, examining its bark as she spoke to the monster hidden inside her. "Why do you feel guilty?"

Gyuki felt a burning sensation at his eyes as he heard her response. For some odd reason he wanted her to shout. Then it would just be easier for him to stay angry and use that to shout. This wasn't easy, it was harder. "Cause I don't have anybody else as friend." He responded in a whisper. Two tails slowly moved, causing rimples in the water. "I just don't know. Perhaps I am waiting for a better chance. Or perhaps the seal is still there." His confidence was badly feigned as he replied back. "I just wanted to be outside for once. Not through a clone, but really outside."

A longer silence this time. Not because she felt conflicted about what to say. Midori had never felt conflicted about what to say. She said whatever came to mind because that was what she wanted to say. But there was nothing in her mind now. Her thoughts were blank. 'I don't have anybody else as friend.' It was such a simple sentence and yet somehow it hurt. A sharp intake when another realization hit. "You wanted to be outside... Does that mean you knew what was happening? Did you know how to get me back in my body all along?"

The guilt started to 'expand', overwhelming the other emotions that Midori could detect from the Bijuu. "Not right from the start." He said, clearly uncomfortable with the topic. "I managed to discover a way to shift back. I meant to give you control back sooner... I swear, it was just that I wanted to be out for another day. And then another..." Cringing as he knew he was wrong, Gyuki became silent once more.

Midori's hands clenched into fists as her breath quickened. He knew. He had known the whole time how she could get out of that mess and he hadn't once hinted, hadn't once considered telling her. She had suffered through that hell. And she knew that that wasn't fair to say because he suffered through that all the time, but it was fair to say. She never knew how to get him out of that cage, but if she had she would have given him that opportunity if it meant that she could still return to her own body. Hell she had figured out that clone technique for that. But he had lied to her. She had asked, hoped, begged to be let out. She had weeped and slammed against the bars until her hands bled. And he hadn't said a thing.

She wanted to get up and run away from him as far as possible. Get him out of her sight or punch in him the face, both sounded increadibly good right now. But the problem was that he would run with her and in her stomach, he would always be near her.

Her hands went to her head and hid in her hair, pulling on the individual strands until it hurt. "Goddammit, goddammit. You... how... how dare you? How dare you?!" She was yelling now. All that fear she had felt while being in the cage, he could have spared her from it. Sure, it meant putting him back in the cage and no, that is not what she wished upon him, but if he had wanted to be a real friend, like he said he wanted to, he would have spared her. He would have put her needs before that of himself. Or something. She didn't know. Just the thought that this didn't have to happen kept circling her mind. This fear, she wouldn't have felt if he had just owned up. "How dare you..." she whispered again.

"I was afraid, okay? I was afraid!" He shouted back, not in anger but clearly desperate. For a moment he wanted to throw it on the fact that she didn't know how it was to be in the cage. But she had experienced his personal hell. The kind of hell that he and the other Bijuu had to suffer ever since a person had figured out how to imprison them. As a means to 'secure safety from the chaotic and demonic influence'. How to use their animalistic and stronger chakra for a better purpose than to let them be untamed. "I was scared that I would be just be put back! You have no idea how it feels to be just outside and not being hunted down for what you are! I wanted to be free without your kind picking up weapons! Yes, I should've said it sooner. I should've acted better and share information. But would you be willing to return this cage? Knowing that you are going to be put into a cage person after person. Know what happens once you're gone?"

He introduced a silence, his fear growing of what the result of this talk could be. "I will be put into another. And then another. Perhaps they won't try to give me any freedom! Happened before, why would it stop? Why?"

Midori didn't reply. She was still holding her head in her hands as she pressed her face against her knees. She understood his words, sure, they weren't hard to understand after the time she had spent in that cage. Still... he had condemned her to that place. It was his fault. And yes, he had suffered more than she probably ever had and probably ever would, but that didn't change one damn thing. He had condemned her to that cage just like others had done to him which made him absolutely the same as them. "Just leave me alone." It were futile words because he couldn't leave her alone, but she wanted it so badly right now. "Regardless if I understand you should have said it sooner so just go away..."

Her words stung more than any blades or technique had hurt him. For a moment Gyuki wanted to aplogise, to request another chance for redemption. He even looked up at the ceiling, as if that would allow him to be capable of looking her in the face. All that he could furthermore get was the understanding of her feelings. It made the pain only worse as the panic started to become more present. Breathing irregular Gyuki wasn't sure what to do. It felt almost as bad as the first time that he had been sealed into a person. Something rolled over his right cheek, but he would remain silent. Pushing himself further into the darkness of the cage no whimpering would rang through the air. Moving his tails once more around his body, the Bijuu decided to follow the request as best as he could. Closing his eyes as the sensation continued, a warm feeling moving over his cheeks, the beast would endure the pain in the silent darkness of the cage he was in.

[fieldbox='Reyna Azuma, Aqua']
Into the Great Wide Open...
Kumo Genin | Team 13 | Sky Country

When they returned from the short mission, Reyna was in a daze. After Kaya's flash tag had gone off, things had blurred together in a mass of fighting and chaos...

Their return had been greeted by excited cheers, people calling out for the Savior. Praising Midori.

Nobody called out for the Fool. For Reyna...

She was too exhausted to hurt. At least that's what she told herself. Splitting off from the others in the crowd, Reyna made her way back to her tent. Closing the flaps behind her, she sat down on her bedroll. Closing her eyes, she felt her lightning aura crackle around her, keeping her nerves firing despite her exhaustion. Reyna clenched her fist as she felt tears welling up behind her eyelids. Why did it bother her so much that Midori got the praise while she was just the laughingstock? Scorned for her constant clumsiness. It wasn't as if Reyna intentionally made a fool of herself.

Jealousy. She had felt it before, but never towards her friend. Midori had only ever been caring and supportive. She was the kindest person that Reyna knew, and one of the most humble. That didn't stop the stinging pain that she felt now, knowing that she would never be loved the same way. Never cheered for by crowds of people. Never looked at as more than a clumsy fool, or worse... a monster.

She was afraid.

Her emotions playing a vicious game of tug-of-war inside her head. During the fighting... during the fighting she had struggled with whether or not she could trust Midori. Her friend. Or was it her friend? It had been so long since Midori had been herself, so long since Reyna had had someone to confide in, someone who knew what she was going through. That... that thing that was with them, that wasn't Midori. It wasn't her friend. She knew Midori trusted it, but Reyna still had trouble accepting that. If the creature was anything like the... the monster inside of herself, then how could anyone trust it? It had taken over Midori's body after all. Was... was that what was going to happen to her?

Wanting to scream, Reyna felt her nails digging into her skin, her lightning aura already crackling around the wounds, healing the small cuts as quickly as they appeared. Letting out a frustrated sigh, Reyna opened her eyes and fell forwards, throwing her face into her pillow. It wasn't fair. She didn't know how to save her friend, how could she save herself? Feeling the warm tears as they spilled out and soaked into her pillow, Reyna clutched it tightly. It wasn't fair.

Exhaustion took hold and Reyna welcomed the darkness that enveloped her as she drifted off to a restless sleep.

~ The next morning ~

Reyna awoke sprawled out, one leg sticking out of her tent, her pillow and blankets bundled up against the wall of the tent. Groaning, Reyna raised one hand to rub the sleep out of her eyes. Pulling herself together, she got dressed and made her way out of the tent, fumbling with the flaps and almost tripping as she grew frustrated. Muttering under her breath, she straightened out and yawned loudly. Looking ahead, she saw Midori. Freezing in place, Reyna was torn. She felt guilty for her misplaced jealousy, for her fear and anger. She wanted to go to her friend and apologize. Reaching out to take a step, she faltered. But it wasn't her friend... Was it?

Clutching her fists, Reyna shook her head and narrowed her eyes. Enough. She was done with being confused, with being afraid.

She was getting her friend back.

Following behind Midori, keeping a distance, Reyna tried to figure out her plan. What was she going to do? Approach the beast who was currently controlling Midori and demand to have her friend back? Yeah, great idea Reyna...

She knew from experience that those monsters didn't take too kindly to demands. Especially from someone as weak as herself. Biting her lip as she struggled to come up with a plan that would work, Reyna missed the root that was sticking out of the ground. Catching her foot, the girl stumbled. Throwing out a hand, she managed to catch herself on a nearby tree. Opening her mouth to let out a very impolite expletive at her infernal, cursed clumsiness, Reyna heard a sound. Looking up, she noticed Midori sitting against a tree in the distance.

The girl was speaking, arguing with someone. Reyna looked around, trying to make out who she was talking to. Raising an eyebrow in confusion, she could not see anyone nearby. As she watched, Midori seemed to grow more agitated. Perhaps this had been a bad idea, Reyna thought, unsure of what she should do.

She could not fully make out what Midori was saying and so Reyna found herself inching closer. As she came within earshot, she grew even more confused.

"You wanted to be outside... Does that mean you knew what was happening? Did you know how to get me back in my body all along?"

Biting her lip, Reyna tried to figure out what Midori meant. She could not see anyone else around so Midori had to be talking to herself. Unless... Glancing down, Reyna eyed her own stomach warily. She remembered the way the beast had been able to talk to her. How she had heard him clear as day, even when nobody else could. Narrowing her eyes further, the girl took another few steps forwards, curiosity taking over.

"... just go away..."

Reyna froze, thinking the words were at first meant for her. It couldn't be though, she had been quiet for once. Clenching her fists and taking a deep breath to steel herself, Reyna prepared to confront the beast that had taken control of her best friend.

Stepping around the tree, Reyna's mouth closed sharply as she saw Midori sitting against the tree with her head in her knees.

"Please."

She said, her voice catching. Falling to her knees next to her friend, Reyna felt tears once again welling up, threatening to spill out.

"Please..."

She repeated, lowering her head. "I just want my friend back. Please..." A sob escaped her and she felt tears running down her cheeks, her voice breaking. "Give her back..."

"...please..."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="A hunt?, teal, solid"]

Kouta Riojin- Chuunin of Team 9

Well he didn't have much to really say. With three words said to him Kouta stood there waiting before who he assumed was his teammate arrived with tears in her eyes and a sweet message. Which was all but ignored, as the man they called sensei went and told them what they would be doing today. The others were off doing something so it was just the two of them. Which wasn't that good but wasn't awful either, so when the task today was to hunt him down and ambush him without being caught by the others, he already began formulating ideas. The sensei however was a clone which meant that he was most likely off far away by now in the hardest place possible to capture without being seen.

That was when his teammate introduced herself and what he could only feel was an attempt to try and not overwhelm him. He chuckled a bit as he followed the one taking charge. "Multiple questions really, but I'll introduce myself. Kouta Riojin, Amegakure born and raised. I'm also a Chuunin so don't go overwhelming yourself now." He said smiling as he would rub his chin on his questions. "What kind of person is sensei? Is he one to abandon young people? What is he capable of? Like technique wise, would you know what he does in his free time? All very important questions, mostly the first two that I asked."

Kouta awaited the response from his comrade which were important. After all if the answers pleased him, then when he found them he could make them work to his advantage.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Taking it a bit literal, royalblue, solid"]

Aya Oda- Genin of Team 14

So far it continued to be boring items and sis hadn't gave them any signs to stop yet, so she persisted. She wondered if Freezy found anything useful yet or if he had the same luck as she did. Oh well no time to dwindle on that, Aya would set another box down waiting for the coast to be clear as she opened it she looked at the box of coal and closed it. She bypassed checking the other crates as that's how many of these she actually checked so far. Mostly fish and ones that she rather not see again, not since that day and even more so after today as well. She then noticed that it was clear over near that giant box from before, so departing and grabbing a new crate even as heavy as it was. It probably contained more minerals, she brought it in and moved near the giant crate setting the smaller box of surprisingly money down. She moved to open the giant crates lid, yet as she did she quickly closed it and gagged a bit. Well it wasn't weapons but it certainly was illegal as hell.

She got outside and regrouped with Nami, and no longer disguised she waited for her to get Shin over here, so when he did arrive they would head out to regroup with their sensei. "Not sure if you two found anything of interest but I found that someone took the sleeping with the fishes saying too literally. I think that counts as contraband if I say so myself." Aya said trying to keep her gagging to herself, yet every time she remembered she had to cover her mouth to prevent the sickening feeling.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Interesting Name, violet]
Aiko Cho
Cho Clan leader | Civic council member | Team 8 jounin |Amegakure

The team, underneath her leadership, hadn't managed to find much leads or information. There were enough people that the group had eavesdropped on. Talks about theories and fears were common and Aiko was from experience known that this could have been an attack to instil fear and confusion. A mix of those two could lead to openings in the defence or force mistakes from the local authorities. Various names did also pop up with the investigation of the district. Names that Aiko was interested off, but one did pop out as the most interesting.

Sho Deshuga.

There were various reasons. The boy's father had been a member of the Dragon Lotus. After the Shoji occupation and Soru being placed in prison, his affiliation with the organisation wouldn't get him out of trouble. If anything, Aiko was aware that many were happy that Soru wasn't any more attempting to lead the organisation. There was something as taking things too far and Aiko wondered if this was also the case with his son. Another and more pressing reason was that the boy had been discovered with going into the post-office, being the first to approach the occupied building at that moment. Only to be found with using the Water Prison technique on an innocent man. All quite interesting, but seeing that the boy did serve in the Shinobi Corps and she wasn't authorised to just question the boy without any approval she would take it up later with Eiji. There were some other names that were also mentioned, but she figured taking things step by step would be the best manner instead of trying to do everything at the same time.

With the team being done as nothing new was being learned, Aiko decided to allow them to return to the barracks. So far she wasn't disappointed with their performance. Everybody kept themselves to the rules they had to play with and didn't do anything that seemed out of order. Tempted to see how things were going with Koike's group, Aiko decided that she could entrust him with taking care of his team's objectives. Leaving her thus free to search for Eiji. There were a few favours she had to ask from him before she would send another report to Zakito.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Jason Diabolus
[fieldbox="Fetching the Medicine, royalblue, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Taishiro Kanai | Kirigakure Genin | Kirigakure

"I'm heading out to pick up your medicine, I'll be back in a bit. Stay in bed, father." The boy called out from the hallway near his father's bedroom. After waiting only a moment, the genin would hear a confirmation in a sickly, weak voice come from the bedroom. Something which put a slight frown on his usually happy expression. Father had fallen ill as of late, much like his mother not long before hand. The only difference being that the family had access to medicine which seemed to be helping that they hadn't had access to whenever his mother had passed away. So Taishiro found himself being the caretaker of the man, something he didn't mind, as the boy wasn't sure if they could afford a caretaker given that they no longer had his mother's income to help out. Even as it stood, with father unable to work and earn some kind income... they'd be relying mostly on Taishiro's income as a genin. Something that certainly would not be able to afford the house they currently resided in, or most of their belongings. As much as he hated to admit it, the boy figured they would have to move to a much smaller house in a poorer district than where they lived now.

Heading out into the streets, the boy wore a deep blue scarf around his neck to keep warm, and because it was one of the last gifts his mother had made before falling ill and eventually passing away. A reminder of the woman he had adored so much, and missed with all his heart. Still, the boy tried to prevent such thoughts from getting to him as he made his way along the well-memorized path to pick up the medicine. As he walked, he thought about the new life that was set for him and his father. Taishiro had graduated the Academy not too long ago, just before father fell ill, and was now waiting to be assigned to a team. Of course, he was excited for the chance to serve the Republic, but at the same time he had a terrible feeling in his gut. Small worried about what would happen while he was away on missions. Who would take care of father, or fetch his medicine? The man was not in any shape to be doing such things on his own, and without care he could very well succumb to this disease and leave Taishiro all alone. Something the boy was certainly eager to avoid, not wanting the last member of his family to pass on and leave him all alone.

After a few long minutes of walking, the boy noticed a man sitting against the wall of one of the buildings. His clothes ragged, and he seemed like he hadn't taken a bath in weeks. The boy paused his walk and gazed over at the man, eyes a bit wide as he realized that this man was likely homeless. Standing his little distance away, Taishiro could just overhear the man asking those who walked by for spare change so he could get something to eat. The poor man must be starving. The boy thought to himself as he turned and made his way to nearby shop he usually stopped by on the way back from getting medicine for a snack. Poking his head into the shop, Taishiro looked around until he noticed the older woman behind the counter. Heading inside, he gave her a friendly smile and wave as he approached.

"A little early, aren't we Taishiro? Usually, you come by in about half an hour, hungry a bit earlier than usual?" the woman said with a soft smile as she looked over the boy approaching. To which he shook his head and responded. "No, Mrs. Shurui, I've actually come because I saw some poor homeless man begging for money to buy food on my way to the medicine shop. I was going to get something from here to give him, so he wouldn't have to go hungry." he said as the woman nodded and kept up her kind smile. "Well that is very sweet of you, Taishiro. How about this, pay for whatever you want for that man. Then stop back by here on your way back home, and I'll give you your usual on the house. Sound good?" she asked him, to which the boy nodded eagerly. A bit excited that he'd be able to do some good today, and still get his usual snack. So with that, the boy paid and went on his way with the food for the homeless man in hand.

Arriving at the place where he saw the man, Taishiro walked right up to him and gave the man a small wave. "Uh, hello sir. I heard you begging for money to get food earlier... I went instead and got this from a store a really like for you. I figured something to eat might do better than hoping somebody gives you enough money for food. " the boy said while flashing a pleasant smile while holding the small bag out for the man to take. To which, the man reached out and snapped the bag out of Taishiro's hand. Opening it and gazing inside, the man eagerly tore into the food. Pausing after a few mouthfuls to turn and look at the boy once more. "Thank you, lad. You've done an old man a great favor." the man said, getting a nod from Taishiro. "It was my pleasure sir, I am just glad I could help." he said in a kind tone. The two had a brief exchange following that before Taishiro set out, making his way to pick up the medicine. Then heading back to pick up his snack before heading home, hopefully his father was still doing alright.[/hr][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=The Adventures of Gregor - Part I, lightsalmon]

Rini Yoto
Amegakure Genin | Team 15 | Amegakure, home.

She remained silent and still. For the past two days, she hadn't left her home, just staying inside. Not cause she wanted to isolate herself, but for the fact that she was too scared. Her knees were pulled up as her head rested against them. Sitting on her bed like that Rini remained silent. Just being alone with her thoughts.

And Gregor.

The large, muscular man was quite intimidating. He was much taller and broader than Rini and didn't say anything. At certain moments he was gone to eat or take a rest or sleep. But when he was back, he was like an eagle watching over a valley for any kind of prey. And just as she thought about that she remembered the meaning of her name. Not a reassuring thought, Rini decided as she threw a look at Gregor. The guard seemed so fixated on the door. No muscle moved and no sound came out of Gregor. For a moment Rini wondered where Gregor came from. If he was a native of the province or if he had some interesting story to him.
Perhaps he had been an adventurer, hailing from a distant land. Deciding to live in Amegakure as he had fallen in love with some woman that hadn't noticed his desire and love. Only then to lose her to somebody else, who she did notice. Making him turn silent and devoted to his work as law-enforcer.

Suddenly Gregor turned his head and threw a look at Rini. Her eyes widened as her cheeks would flare up with a reddish tint. "Sorry." She whimpered. The man frowned as he would speak back. "About?"
For a moment it remained silent as Rini wasn't sure what to answer. Deciding that he was practically living with her, she would lower her eyes. "I was just fantasizing. Nothing interesting."
Gregor nodded, returning his gaze back to the door. Ashamed Rini wondered what the man was now thinking of her. Probably nothing good.
"What were you fantasizing about?"

The question surprised her as Rini threw a look at Gregor. For the first in two days, he had asked her a question. Blinking rapidly as she wasn't sure how to reply back, Rini remained silent for a moment. The reddish tint on her cheeks started to flare up again as she spoke back in a soft tone.
"About your background. I don't know you, so I tried to think of a fitting background. Sorry." Ashamed Rini wished that he would just now walk away. Or not? What if he would tell his coworkers of the stupid girl that was all alone?
A chuckle resonated, breaking the silence that plagued the room. The man would laugh for a moment as he threw an amused glance at Rini. He spoke up but remained in his position at the door post to the hallway. "And what colourful past would you come up with?"
Scratching her neck before replying back, telling Gregor the fantasy she had came up with she noticed that the man was listening. There was no indication that he was making fun of her and he asked some questions in return. Answering them back, Rini started to feel more at ease.

"Aha. Sounds like you would be a great book writer. Ever considered that?" Gregor asked, still clearly amused. "I would love to read such a story. How would you title it?"
Rini remained silent for a second as she wasn't sure if it was a compliment. When was the last time she had to gain a compliment like that? "I never considered it. Always wanted to become a kunoichi." She said. "And euhm... The adventures of Gregor."
Her answer made Gregor slightly frown as he seemed to ponder on her answer. "And you never considered something else?" He decided to ask her, not hiding his curiosity.
Shaking her head, Rini would reply back. "No. I always figured I could do something meaningful as a kunoichi. People respect and... fear them." She said the last two words in a more hushed tone.
"True. I figure that if we would come down to a scuffle that you would probably wipe the floor with me." He said, with a growing smile. "Then again, there are enough jobs that can be quite meaningful."

Rini couldn't help but smile faintly as Gregor had spoken. She really doubted if she would win in a fight against the intimidating man. But it was nice at least that somebody said something like that. For a moment she wondered about something, deciding to just ask it. "Why did you become a law-enforcer, sir?"
"Cause I feel the need to protect the weak. You know, I had a little girl once. Her name was Tami. After losing her and all that I held close, I... was lost. Only after traveling I found my desire again, here in Amegakure." He started, making Rini stare at the man as he was about to share his story with her.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Answers to a new friend, White]

Masami Hyuuga
Konohagakure Chuunin
Team 9

Masami could not help but roll her eyes a little bit at the words spoken to her. Despite that, she felt good vibes from her new teammate." Nice to meet you, Kouta! To your questions - Hiron Sensei is strict, very strict. But he has a very good reason for it. It took me a lot of time to see it, but he did to help me. So you will have to learn to appreciate his attitude or ... ". She did not finish the sentence because she was unable to find a way to say it in a non-offensive way. She was already a bit irked by the fact that someone used the words Hiron and abandon in the same sentence.

" Never! Hiron Sensei would never abandon anyone!"

The Hyuuga girl did not realize that she was shouting and even after she did, she refused to apologize. Even if it was for the sake of the task given to them, she would not listen to anyone talking like this about her teacher. " I have no idea what he is doing in his free time, it is his private thing. And I am not going to disturb that privacy, and neither should you. Ask him if you want to know, but if you push your luck, you will end up in a world of pain." She was answering in a more stern and cold tone than she wanted, but she could not help it.

" That is a difficult thing to describe. He surely does not know every single technique out there, but what I know about him - what I heard about him makes me believe he is a formidable enemy that should never be underestimated. He uses mostly Lightning Release, but is proficient with Water Release as well. Foxes envy his cunning ... and enemies dread his determination. Anything else you would like to know?"

[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox=Company inbound, lightsalmon]
Satoshi Jun,
Commander of the Kumogakure vanguard | Jounin of Team 3 | Sky-Wolf country border, encampment

Leaning forward with his fists placed on the table Satoshi examined the maps that they had been given before their departure from the Sky country's capital. There were various 'interest' points marked out. Frowning the man wondered if they should try to march deeper into the Sky country and establish a certain hold on a part of the land. It would certainly make future expeditions and attempts to return the peace to the country easier. The problem was that it would be perhaps beneficial to head to the coast and establish a defensive position there. Clearly, whoever was in charge of the hostile contact that Team 13 of Midori Sato had encountered, wasn't fond of their presence. Or at least, there was a big chance that the land was split into factions, fighting for power. Which didn't encourage Satoshi to be more optimistic about the situation? After pondering about the pros and cons the commander made the decision that they would march and move towards the coast. After studying the maps that gave some details about the coast he considered the northern position of the coast the best position. Before he could straighten his back and rally his officers to dispatch the orders a scout scurried into the commander's tent.

"S-Sir, a force under the banner of the Republic has been sighted!"

There was some excitement present in the voice of the scout, who had knelt down. Judging from his behaviour and looks this was probably his first campaign. "Very well. How many have you managed to count?" Satoshi calmly asked, turning around as he would place his hands on his back.

"Can't be more than five thousand, commander, sir. Best guess is around two to three thousand strong." The scout answered, glancing up to try to spot what his commander thought of it. Satoshi was, however, had a calm expression plastered over his features as he thought about the information. He was already not certain if five thousand was enough, but just three to four thousand wouldn't make him more optimistic about this campaign. Not that he could blame the higher ups of the participating countries for nobody seemed to be certain what was causing all this trouble.

"Pass orders that they can approach the camp. Make sure that each leading captain and higher ranked officer is alerted to keep everybody in order. The first person to even start a fight or argument will be flogged all day and night. I want to make sure that everybody understands that we're not playing around." Satoshi ordered the scout. The latter seemed a bit surprised by the harsh reply but nodded quickly as he would get up and get on his way. Satoshi waited for a moment, watching the young scout taking his leave. It wasn't that he had anything against the forces of the Republic or the Water country itself. The thought, however, of friction and that escalating into worse was anything but motivating. If this joint campaign would already go wrong then there was the risk of open conflict between the Lightning Country and the Republic of the Water country. Raising his right hand to his eyes Satoshi briefly rubbed them, wishing that he could think of something nicer.

Just as the forces of 'Yuuki Narukami' - Kiro Oda -would march and close the distance with the fortified camp of Satoshi's host another large group would make their way towards the camp. Coming from the north direction of the camp, it wasn't clearly an armed force that could rival any of the others. Mostly waggons filled with supplies the escort seemed to be different from the regular soldiers that served the Lightning country and her vassals. Dressed in dark colours their faces were masked by scarfs, masks and another garment while stern eyes seemed to be wary of everybody. Some whispering about the Black Guard guarding a supply convoy made some of the most experienced soldiers and shinobi wary. However, a messenger would be dispatched as the supply convoy would start their job by joining up with the host under Satoshi's command. The escort that seemed to be solely members of the Black Guards, however, didn't seem to stick around as they would start to march away without much of a warning.

The messenger sent by the escort also was only spotted briefly in the commander's tent before leaving and heading off to catch up with the leaving escort. As the personnel of the supply waggons started to unload their wares and supplies they also brought letters from home, send from spouses and families.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=First Hint, maroon]
Hiron Hon,

Jounin | Team 9 | Konohagakure, at Hiron's home.

He threw a look around. As usual - and expected - the Arsenal was buzzing with activity. Smiths and personnel working to produce the high quality of armour, weapons and tools that were highly requested by the state and members of the military. And there were, of course, those who collected weaponry and armoury for either to brag about their collection or just cause it was their hobby. With a number of people, it was going to be near impossible for two chuunin that were tasked to find and confront him where nobody that was involved with the team could see them.

Not that he had decided to make the mission impossible, but he was hoping that they would use their wits to perhaps do something to lure him away to an area where they could confront him in order to take the bells. How? He wasn't so sure how they would even figure where he would be, but they still had time plenty. Not enough to get to know each other and manage to get the bells, though. He doubted anyways that the two would chit chatter their valuable time away as Hiron already had laid out a rather detailed punishment in case they wouldn't be capable of retrieving the bells.
[/fieldbox]