• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
[fieldbox=Tatsuya Hon, grey]
Tatsuya hummed as he placed his weapons and gear on top of his bed, next to his headband. He took his raincoat from the wall, only to realize that it was still damp. He let out a disappointed sigh before he put it on. He pulled his hood on with a childish grin before he jogged out of the door, making his way to the meeting point.

When he arrived, he noticed that Sayuri was already there, but the others had yet to come. He approached the team leader and gave a curt bow. "Tatsuya Hon, present ma'am!" he said before he stood up straight, trying to look as serious as he could.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Katsu Uchiha, lightblue]
Katsu stood with his raincoat just outside the barracks under the cover above the wall, an architectural preference the rain ridden city as in many. He waited for the rest of the group to finish preparations, tapping his foot on the water puddle right in front of him from time to time. He felt strangely at ease, even though it was his first time in the lead, but that was to be expected. It's naught but a simple scouting mission, which was a glorified way of saying, in this case, walking in the streets.

The boy thought about how they could proceed. "We could perhaps split up," he thought. "Or we could go together. We should know our area if she'll reallocate the members of the teams to have people who know one of the areas in each team."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Scouting, wheat]
Koike Hon,
Specialized Jounin | Konoha Team 6 | Lieutenant-Captain | Amegakure, near the barracks.

Near the barracks Koike was standing with his back against the wall, waiting for Kazumo and Tomiko. He wasn't that fond of doing round while not the others would require a bit of his attention - in a way he was just babysitting them. Then again it wasn't going to be anything dangerous or involving more than just doing some simple rounds and getting to know the district better. There were otherwise a few things he had to cover and deal with.

First was Tomiko's eyes. The girl was a Hyuuga and it would a nuisance if people could spot her eyes and recognising her as a Hyuuga right away. While that it wouldn't be really frown upon or giving her any disadvantage, it wouldn't be hard to consider that the girl was a kunoichi in service of the Imperial military - making her an easy target for any insurgent or zealot. For that reason, Koike had a piece of cloth that could serve a blindfold. If the girl would have her eyes covered she could still use them and perhaps they could act that she was somebody blind who needed guidance to walk through the streets. The question was who would be guiding Tomiko? Perhaps he could do that so that Kazumo could try to do some scouting on his own. The Sarutobi was a pupil of Aiko, making Koike assume that the genin was aware of the basic understandings of stealth and how to keep a low profile. It wasn't that hard after all, so this could very well serve as a start.

Glancing at his right, he stood in the shadow of the building and didn't gather much attention from bypassers. How could people live in a city that was tormented by so much rain? A mental sigh escaped Koike as he did hope he could leave soon to head home. Konohagakure wasn't the grandest of cities, he was sure that there was some charm to Amegakure as well but at the current moment he couldn't really think of something that Konohagakure lacked what Amegakure didn't.

Perhaps insurgents and a sombre weather?
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Mitsunari's Story

A Collab between Honorabru and Fieryfly

Summary:
Komei Shiyaki interviews Mitsunari Riojin about the happenings at the Post Office. He proves as many details as possible as he learns how his team has behaved during this event.

Another interview about the strange occurances at the post office. Luckily for her this time she would be talking to an adult who hopefully could remain calm and wouldn't start yelling until her ears were ringing. It was not that Komei had something against children. She could work with them just fine, but they got upset fast and she just didn't really have that much patience when there were other things she could be doing.

With the file under her arm she made her way towards the door behind which a certain Mitsunari Riojin was presumably waiting for her. Hopefully the man could shed some more light on the events that had transpired. His past was intriguing that much was clear, but she could never judge a person because of words on paper. She had the see ther person herself. And so she arrived before the door and pushed it open ever so gently, stepping inside to see that dark haired man behind the simple table.

"Good afternoon," she said as she walked over to the chair on the other side of mister Riojin. "My name is Komei Shiyaki. I will be questioning you about the events at the post office." She lowered her head ever so slightly as a way of greeting.

Sitting behind a table he would whistle to himself as he awaited his interrogation friend. He was also considering what ways to punish Sho for being such an idiot. Granted he drew enough attention away from the back to make things easier for himself but it was still incredibly stupid. He also believed he saw Kona being arrested which only made him wonder what the hell that stupid child did as well. His whistling stopped when the door opened and a woman gave him a greeting. "Same to you Miss, my name is Mitsunari Riojin. By all means ask what you need." He said as he sat up straight knowing the sooner he got this done, the sooner he could get back to his business. "A quick question though. Is a Sho Deshuga okay?" He would ask, even though he was plotting to make sure Sho wouldn't be okay. He cared enough to know if someone else hurt him.

"As far as I am aware, Sho Deshuga has received medical attention for the wounds he suffered while being in the Post Office. Considering that he is being interrogated as well I am assuming he is doing fine." With that Komei opened mister Riojin's file and took out a piece of blank paper. Twice now the name Sho Deshuga had come up at the beginning of an interview. Komei wondered what Jugo had found when he had interrogated him. "Okay, mister Riojin, just to get some personal details out of the way. Correct me if I am stating anything wrong. Father Zephyr Riojin, deceased. Mother Tulina Yogun. You became a genin at the age of 10 and at 19 you were already serving as a jounin in the Amegakure forces. You are the current head of the Riojin clan though leadership sems to fall more upon your siblings of which you have how many?"

Nodding that the answer was fine he would then await her questions which started with his own personal information. She asked pretty basic personal questions which were easy enough to answer "Correct, correct, correct and correct. Correct again and again. As for how many I have three. All younger, the oldest being Kitana, the second youngest being Kouta who now resides in Konoha, and my youngest brother Sintra. The duties more so fall upon Kitana and Sintra with a large part being focused on Sintra who doesn't seem to care for for shinobi life or military and rather be a politican of sorts."

Komei nodded along silently with his words, her eyes gliding over the words on the paper before her. "Thank you," she said when he was finished explaining some more details about his siblings. She didn't seem to be noting anything down. "Let's then move on to the matters at hand. Can you explain to me what brought you to the Post Office? Why were you in the area and what did you see upon your arrival at the office?"

With his personal information out of the way, they moved onto what they were both here for. "I was at my home going over what to do for training between my students Sho, and Kona. I was also awaiting my mail which usually has some form of clan matters, from someone in a lesser clan wanting to marry Kitana, or Sintra. Or such things as trade and all that fun clan business. When it hadn't arrived, I figured them busy and went down to get it myself. I noticed smoke in the sky, but that's not crazy uncommon. What was uncommon was the fire at the post office and what I saw upon arrival was a large group of people, one of which being my student Sho who waltzed his dumb ass into the building. Then everyone started screaming, someone was shot and then I hid and awaited an oppurtunity to get inside."

"So you are saying that there definitely was a fire going at the post office when you arrived?" Komei asked as she jotted something down on the blank sheet before her. So far no one had actually been able to confirm that there had been a fire going. So either the fire had swiftly stopped burning or it had actually been something else. "Sho Deshuga is one of your students," she continued, switching topics as she heard him speak. "What can you tell me about him?"

"A fire of sorts, yes. Although when I saw it it was mostly just smoke from what I saw. So I'm unsure if they just started it or it was a failed attempt at one." He confirmed before she asked about Sho. "Yes he is, and lets see. I know his father is a criminal and he hates his father. I know hes a reckless idiot. Simple information really. Some personal info, what he knows, his rank. Not much I know about him on a personal level sadly, I've only been his teacher for about a few weeks. he seems to have a grudge against me though."

A fire. It was good to know that at least someone considered it to be that. That was the first confirmation she had gotten. Moving past the fire, Komei focused on Mitsunari's answer about mister Deshuga she had been hearing so much about. "You say that the commotion started after Sho Deshuga had entered the post office. That is when the screaming began and a bolt was fired. Considering that you at least know that Sho is a 'reckless idiot', to quote your own words, do you think he was the instagater of the commotion? Any idea why he charged in when he charged in?"

She asked her next question which caused a bit of silence from him, but he would answer "Yes it did, as for if I think he was the instagater. Well I would hope not, he seems to clueless to pull off something like that, for all I know he thought he could get to the bottom of it by himself. Yet.... we do have to remember his father is a criminal. Sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. So no I have no idea why he charged in, except that it was beyond stupid. Yet as he is my pupil, I will trust that he simply wanted to see what the problem was, and didn't think things through."

"Okay," a couple more notes. "So since you are aware of his background and of his behavior in general, why did you chose to go and hide, waiting to get inside, instead of just charging in after mister Deshuga? Was there something else that gave you the idea that there were hostiles in the building that would attack you if you were to enter through the front door just like mister Deshuga had done? We have witnesses stating that the shooting only happened a couple of minutes after mister Deshuga had gone inside, what stopped you from going after him?"

"I'm a jounin for a reason, I'm trained to wait situation out to see what they might have in store before taking action. So while I didn't know if their were multiple hostiles. I'm not going to do basic rookie mistakes and rush in. So I threw a kunai to the roof, and when someone else threw one with a tag and smoke ball. I took action and got to the roof dropping my own smoke bomb in. That's how I knew the fire was barely even a fire. I saw it from the roof. Before you ask I saw two people before smoke filled the room. One called out and told Muramoto to the left, which led me to assume that the one calling out to people was a sensory ninja."

A name. That was useful. Komei took care to jot it down on the paper. Hopefully someone else could also confirm that name so that she was sure that this guy wasn't just lying throughout this whole conversation, though she had a pretty good idea if he was or not. "Of course, So then you were on the roof, looking down into the building with two people inside. What happened then? Why did you engage these people?"

"What happend then was when I dropped my smoke bomb in to fill the room with more smoke so I could move about easier, smoke was there but the more smoke the better. After all I was already dealing with three plus people assuming one of the cross bow guys was this Muramoto and not the one who got pissy I didn't fight him. As for why I engaged them, well they were leading tied up people to the back, and my pupil was in there. I mean I also wanted my mail but I engaged them to solve a ongoing problem, which who knows what could have happened if we waited. I'll delve a bit further for you." he told her before continuing. "Once I was in I tracked down the Sensory personal, who either was a shinobi or was great at curses, cause he saw me coming and called for a Tano to help. He muttered a curse of sorts and grabbed my arm. which burned it. It should also be of note I had used my Steel release on my torso and head, in case I was indeed attacked. I will also not lie. After my arm was grabbed and being burned. I grabbed a kunai out of my pouch and stabbed him in the head effectively killing him. As for why, figuring you might ask. Well if he was indeed a sensory shinobi. If he got back up and started telling his allies where I was or anyone else was, then it became a highly life threatening situation for me. Want me to keep going miss?"

Komei stayed motionless throughout Mitsunari's little talk. When he finished she was silent for a moment as if she was considering the words he had just presented to her. "You saw the people that were tied up in the back and that with the knowledge that your pupil was there made you act. And yet before you said that the only thing you could see in the building were the two figures, this because of the smoke bombs that had been set off in the building. Are you stating that you could actually see more than you initiatly said?" It didn't sound accusing, though the words certainly were. "You see, the reason I am asking all this is that we have found all the other youngsters attacking civilians. Your pupil Sho was found choking a civilian to death in a water prison, attempting to fry the man alive before the police could stop him. Your other pupil Kona killed a shinobi of the village with an impeccable record of service. And now you are stating you killed someone as well. I am just trying to understand why we suddenly have a couple of dead civilians and shinobi on our hands. I understand your motives for attacking if it indeed happened as you say it did, and I follow your thought process. We know you killed someone, we have found your chakra traces over the body of the man, but this man was a shinobi of Amegakure just like you. Is there any way you can prove that what you say is indeed the truth? Anyone who saw you in there? Anyone you saw in there that might confirm that there were people in danger inside? Because so far the biggest danger seemed to have come from your team."

"No what I knew when I was out front was that their was a crossbow man, that being one person. Then when on the roof, I saw two people leading hostages to the back. Three people, so far at that point I'm guessing their was three as the sensory guy called out to a Muramoto telling him a direction. This could be the crossbowman or another person. The two I saw led hostages in the back. Sorry if I sound confusing, but to state it simply. I saw the crossbowman at the front, then the two leading hostages to the back from the roof. One said Muramoto to the left, could be the crossbowman or someone else unsure. Then once in the sensory guy called for Tano, who I assume was the one who was helping him move hostages." Mitsunari said before letting her speak her bit on Sho choking someone to death, and Kona killing someone out front, one with a good record too. She then began to get further into what were lies and truths, yet he had a blank look on his face. "They both killed? I might understand Sho's reason for self defense but he could have released his water prison, so I don't know his reason. As for Kona's well I don't know who she killed out front so I have no excuse for what shes done, besides poor taching on my part. I apologize for her actions, even if it means nothing. As for any proof well, no one saw me with all the smoke. All I can say for my evidence is I admit to murdering the one shinobi to exclude the risk of being attacked when I least expect it. I knocked the Tano guy unconcious. My chakra should be on him as well, then the man with the spear attacked me with his own chakra. You can probably find some lighting chakra on my back from that, as it left a cut, yet I didn't engage him, who knows maybe hes Muramoto. So I killed one but left two alive. Also you have every right to suspect my team, with what you are telling me."

"Mister Deshuga didn't kill his victim. He was apprehended before he could finish what he intended to do," Komei replied. "But he seemed very hesitant in letting the victim, a civilian, go. Regardless, I will make sure to verify the information you just shared, but I thank you for clearing it up for me." She paused for a second to read over her notes and then seemed to remember something. "During the fights you had with the several hostiles, did you notice anything different about any of your targets? Strange appearances? Strange techniques you had never encountered before? Anything that might stand out."

"Oh, my bad I misheard heard you then. Thats good though. Only have to murder one of my students then..... that was a joke by the way." Mitsunari stayed silent for the rest of what she said, before she asked another question. "Strange appearances? No, but the sensory guy muttered something without making handseals and then proceeded to burn my arm. Only weird thing really."

"Okay, Thank you very much for answering my question. I think that is all for now." Komei closed the file before her and looked up at Mitsunari. "Unfortunately I cannot let you go yet as investigations are still ongoing and you did confess to the murder of someone. I cannot tell you how long you will have to stay here, but I can offer you some food if you wish. Of course, if you have any questions for me I can try to answer them."

"Thats fine, its your job to do this. I only tell you as to not lie. whatever food you have will be welcomed though. As for any questions, I have none except that if you do happen to find my mail, send it to Sintra at the clan grounds." Mitsunari concluded

"I will make sure that food it send to you. And I will see what I can do about the mail." With a slight smile Komei stood up from the chair and walked to the door. With a last look to Mitsunari she opened it and stepped into the hallway. After instructing someone to bring mister Riojin some food she walked back to her office. Mister Riojin had certainly given her something to think about.

Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox="Scouting Mission!, magenta, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Tomiko | Team 2 Genin | Amegakure

As she made her way into the shadow of a building in the village, where she was to meet Koike and Kazumo for their mission, the girl took a moment to adjust her poncho. While normally Tomiko wouldn't particularly lean towards a poncho, the everlasting rain of Amegakure had inspired her to wear the clothing. Of course, there was another reason she wore it today, and why it seemed a little big on her. Thanks to the poncho's length, it allowed the girl to walk with her arms concealed. Meaning she was able to bring her wristbow with her, along with a kunai yet keep her weaponry completely concealed unless she were to reach out with the wrong arm.

Her poncho adjusted, Tomiko looked up to study the area around her. It didn't take the girl terribly long to spot Koike. She silently made her way over to where the man was leaning against a wall, stopping near him and giving a brief, quiet greeting. After speaking, she fell silent and waited. Not out of particularly trying to be inconspicuous, but because the somber mood of the weather seemed to be killing the girl's usual upbeat mood. As she waited, the girl couldn't help but turn her attention to the bypassers. A curious expression on her face as she wondered what their lives were like, and certainly how they could tolerate such depressing weather. The girl couldn't wait to go back home, to Konoha. There wouldn't be so much rain there, and even some sunshine. However, that didn't matter at the moment. She was on a mission, there was a job at hand. In her mind Tomiko briefly recalled something her mother had mentioned before passing away.

Take life one step at a time, Tomiko. Focus on what is at hand before you worry about the future.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="The rain is fun, solid, purple"]

Kazumo Sarutobi

Team Mum, Genin

He disliked not being able to bring his bow with him, it was one of the only things that made him feel somewhat useful as his techniques were mediocre at best. Yet sensei gave the orders to only have concealed weapons and no flak jackets which made sense, they would stand out in such. So low profile was the goal here,so while on his way to the meet up point he took in the weather, as he quite enjoyed the rain actually. Hell he probably wouldn't have minded being born here, although it seemed like this weather constantly might grow annoying. Must build one hell of a immune system with it happening all the time though, yet today instead of meeting with Aiko, he was meeting with Koike who he quite liked and then the Hyuuga. They weren't bad, but so far his clan had a great reason for not keeping them close, the attention they dragged with them wasn't for the better. To top it all off, he found out his team consisted of people his clan was wary about. If it wasn't for his sensei he wasn't sure what he would think about the team. So the gear he brought with him was hidden in the pouch on his waist which was concealed by his jacket. Adjusting his arm guards that sensei gave him, he wondered just how much they were going to do today.

He would soon arrive a tad surprised that Tomiko beat him here, yet couldn't help but look at her poncho. To him it looked kind of obvious she was hiding something. He scrunched his eyebrow a bit before shrugging, it wasn't really his problem. He rubbed the back of his head as he looked at Koike. "So whats the plan here." He asked quietly as he looked at Tomiko, as to signal that hey eyes were a basic sign of saying. Look at me I see everywhere, and he was fairly certain she was hiding something of the sorts under there considering Koike wasn't wearing a poncho, and he had all sorts of dangerous shit to use. Well today should be interesting to say the least. If not incredibly dangerous at every moment that passes by.[/fieldbox]

Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin team 8
Scouting mission squad C
Neji hurriedly to make sure he made it to the meeting spot on time. He was wearing a rain pancho as because of course it was raining in the hidden rain village. Neji had just one kunai blade and two shuriken with him teathered to his belt. They were inside his rain jacket and easy enough for him to grab but also were not noticeable. This was just a simple scouting mission so hopefully they shouldn't need tools like those but you never know.

Neji quickly arrived to where his squad leader Katsu was waiting. "
Neji Uchiha reporting. My apologies if I am late." Neji looked and saw that he had arrived before thier other squadmate so in fact he was not late. Neji looked around at the tall buildings of Amekagure. Neji had never been here before and even though it was part of the same empire he didn't know much about this village. Hopefully this scouting mission would go well and he would be able to learn some valuable information about the village.

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Team A, red, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

Shizu Sarutobi \ Meeting up with Team Aika \ Team 2

Well, she had eventually found the restroom. Took some time, but she didn't really think of asking anyone else if they knew where it was at. Grabbing her jacket from the top bunk she had looked it over to see if it had dried or not. The restroom toilet paper did a better job than she thought it did, and though there were still some wet spots on the inside of the jacket it wasn't too noticable. Throwing the Jacket back into the bed above Shizu then decided to take some of the free time they had to lay down. The ride to Ame did a number on her back, and though she wasn't an inch of old she wondered if she was.

♦♦♦♦​

Ms. Cho-Hon had called on them after a while, and as it continued to rain Shizu got ready to meet up with the assigned team. Seems that she was going to be with Uchiha-san, but the girl had left before she was able to finish getting ready. On making sure that she still had some sort of weapon on her Shizu made her way to meet up with the small team.

Once she was there Shizu greeted everyone. "Hello, reporting in, and ready to go."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="What to do?, royalblue, solid"]

Aya Oda
Genin of Team 14

The first warehouse was easy enough, she now hated the smell of fish and could probably never look at sushi the same ever again, yet nothing suspicious was inside the first warehouse. She was however wide awake at this point so the energy that the morning stripped her of was coming back to her slowly. So as the three were moving to the next one, it would be much more protected. With guard in the front, and some patrolling the outside, so the inside probably also had guards in them. If the workers received wary looks for bringing the stuff in, then they probably wouldn't get very far. She looked at the windows up high yet climbing that would take time. So she looked at Nami and Shin and smiled nervously. "So either of you two have any ideas? I was thinking of disguising ourselves and getting in that way, but we don't really look the part of workers do we? I was also thinking of maybe setting fire to some shipments so they would have to move to put it out? Yet do you two have any idea on how we should go about this?" Aya said as she examined the second warehouse knowing physical confrontation was a big no no if they had to do this without getting busted. So it had to be a way to distract the guards outside long enough to get them in, or find another way to sneak in, but that would be the windows. Yet even if they did get up there, getting back down without breaking their ankles would take too long.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Hiraku Hyuuga]

Hiraku, upon arriving at Amegakure was much happier than he had been when he first joined up with this merry band of shinobi. Time away from his duties, ending drama, and his generally friendly personality left him with little to be down about. As they arrived, he ensured he followed each instruction and remembered the information they were given, as it would be needed. He did what was necessary, got things done, and relaxed until he was needed. He might have been a little on the happier side, in comparison to normal, and a little more relaxed than he should be while it was okay to be, but he was certainly doing what he needed to get done.

Eventually, Hiraku heard news of what group he'd be working with, and put a rain jacket on to ensure mobility and protection. He had a smile on his face, despite the somewhat depressing weather, but otherwise, was ready and serious for the sake of the mission. He made his way to the meeting point, seeing Katsu and Neji already there. He bowed, "I apologize for not getting here sooner. I hope you both will forgive me for not being earlier." He was sure he wasn't late, but that they were both already there and waiting was, he felt, a sign that he should have been there sooner than he had been. He stood straight, the smile now starting to fade from his face for the sake of being serious, "Also, I hope that we all enjoy our time working together."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Shin Yuki doing some sneaky sneaky with warehouses and such]

After they finished searching that warehouse, Shin's clone found a suitably unnoticed location to dispel. Shin glanced at the other two as they also left the warehouse, before looking in the direction of the next one. The guards were definitely a more suspicious group, this seemed like it'd be more fruitful than the last one. Aya spoke up about her suggestion, before asking for others. Shin looked to her for a second, then back to the warehouse, thinking for a moment. "If we do that disguise plan, I could make it colder so they're less focused and so we have a good reason to cover ourselves up as much as possible. Don't want their workers being cold and numb, right?" He scratched the back of his head, sighing slightly at the fact that they had finished their previous work but had more difficulties ahead.

[/fieldbox]

Seeing the two arrive, Katsu pushed himself from the wall and supported himself with only his two feet. "Good, you're both here," he said with a smile. "Before we start, let's talk about how we'll go about it." He turned to Hiraku. "First, uh... Do you have sun glasses or something you could use? I know not everyone in your clan might be a shinobi, but a cliché like that could be detrimental to the scouting mission. We're to be completely incognito. If you have something to cover up your eyes, it'd be good. You can see through anything blocking them anyway, right?"

He took a step back and got both of them in his sight. "Okay, so here's the job: We're supposed to go around the part of town we were assigned and map it out in our heads, get to know the terrain without attracting any attention. It's really that simple. Just as if you were walking outside on a regular day. So, you know, no ninjutsu, and try to keep dojutsu to a minimum, meaning only if you're in combat. And, again, there should be no reason for you to be in combat during this mission. Just be very attentive tourists. Is that understood? Any questions?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Polite Questions, green"]

A collab between Ice, Nim, Oetje and Roran Hawkins

Keishi

Team 7 interrogates Ezuri Hyuuga, whom they have captured on their latest patrol.

The basement they were in reeked of urine, spoiled food, dead things and something worse entirely. Kensuke had chosen it based on how desolate it was, hidden under a building declared uninhabitable after a fire. The past few hours had seen Team 7 cleaning up the assaulted cellars and learning everything they could from what they could find there. The hitlist, the marked map and the many different letters. They'd taken a well-deserved rest after sending the rescued families off into governement buildings, all without being noticed of course.

They'd also taken a painfully bright lamp there with the explanation that their appartment's light broke and they needed something to go through the maps with. That was a lie of course. Kensuke did not trust his contacts anymore. If a former shinobi was in this, who was to say they didn't have more insiders? If there were more, bringing the rescued people in would hopefully save them from further ... whatever it was that awaited them. Even if the local authorities were compromised having people disappear from within their protection would be too obvious for inspection.

Instead, the lamp was directed at the unconscious Hyuuga tied to a chair. Kensuke sat across him, with all of Team 7 behind him, his finger toying with the switch of the lamp. As a dojutsu user himself he knew far too well how frightening it was for someone who prided himself on his eyesight, who relied on it for so many techniques, to lose that sight.

"Who wants to wake him up?" He said, looking back at the team with a big grin, holding a bucket of dank water.

"Kensuke," Karma started to speak after he asked the question "I have wondered this for a bit since Hideki alerted you of his presence, and now that we know of this list my suspicions rose even further. Why would they use someone who both you and Hideki appear to know and perhaps, from certain phrasing, worked with in the past?" She said and gave the young, unconcious boy another look "I'm sorry, but as the evidence pile up, it seems more and more like a trap designed exactly for both of you. As if someone knew that you two, and thus possibly also about both Meilin and I, were looking into the disappearances." She then took a few steps back into the more shadowy part of the room "Now that's out of my mind, I don't think I should be the one to wake him up. He would probably be scared even more if he saw it was the one who initially knocked him out cold that woke him up."

Meilin was leaning against the wall, her arms crossed out front of her chest as she looked sideways at the others. Listening to what the others said, Meilin would push herself from the wall as she lowered her hands. "No offence but I highly doubt that it was specifically set for Hideki and Kensuke-san. " Meilin said as she gestured to their 'guest'. "If they were expecting somebody then how could they anticipate them out of all people? Seems a bit too precise unless the Lord Commander is conspiring together with the guys behind the whole ordeal. If that was the case, why not send less competent people or those who he could be sure of that are in the league?" Meilin questioned. She didn't agree that it was fishy. What bothered her was the fact that they could find such information in a basement. Perhaps they were planning to make the lists be found, but not this soon?

Stepping forwards she would clench her right hand into a fist. Without wavering, Meilin would slam her right fist into the face of their guest while using her left to hold him by the hair. "I will patch him if need be, later." She mumbled, shaking her right fist a bit as she had punched him harder than she had actually wanted it. While not a stranger to violence or a supporter nor lover of it this was different. This guy had worked and caused a lot of misery to people and for what? Raising her right fist again, Meilin would throw a sideways glance at Kensuke.

"Step aside," Hideki growled, shoving an elbow into Meilin's side. He was already in a foul mood from yesterday's events, but he wasn't going to stand idly by as some stranger tortured his cousin. Not without getting a word or two out of him first — and inferring their veracity. Nevertheless, Hideki slapped Ezuri to rouse him — if he wasn't awake already. "And Karma's theory is not something we should disregard so easily. Big coincidence otherwise."

Kensuke got up and walked over to Ezuri, preventing Hideki from any further wake-up slaps. He shot the Hyuuga a short stern look, and then turned to the rest of the team. "You are right. It might be a trap. Hideki and myself are both on that list and the fact that they had Ezuri means that they could have more snitches in our ranks. This mission was highly confidential however..." Kensuke continued. "It means that this is most likely just a coincidence. The only immediate alternative is that we have a traitor in the highest circles and that would mean we're doomed. Let's not assume that's the scenario." Kensuke said to both reassure and discipline his squad. "Anyhow, we may discuss this in length after we learned more of Ezuri." Kensuke said, gesturing Hideki to continue, handing him the bucketof water and blasting the lamp at the unconscious Hyuuga.

Being shoved aside, Meilin shot Hideki a glare. It was briefly and she decided to not further it. Stepping backwards she would once more cross her arms out front of her chest. "Just seems odd. You would assume that such information would be guarded or at least stored better than a few thugs and a turn-coat." Meilin mumbled. Rolling her shoulders, she turned her cold look back on Ezuri.

Saying nothing, Hideki hefted the bucket as soon as it got into his hands and drenched Ezuri in its mucky content. "Wake up," he said brusquely, tossing the bucket aside. It jangled against the floor thrice, tracing a metallic echo, then stilled.

Ezuri raised his head in shock, spraying droplets of water around him. The first thing he noticed was that a painfully bright white light bored into his eyes so that he saw nothing. When he tried to shield his eyes he found his arms and legs bound. Shock spread over his face visible like a wave rolling onto the beach. He started panting, a feeling that only increased when a wave of fear rolled over him that seemed to be originating from whoever was seated in front of him.

Kensuke's smile had faded and a grim expression filled his face as he sent his killing instinct at Ezuri, focused this time to spare anyone else nearby from feeling it. With just a single identifiable target he didn't have to send it as a wave, and could focus it into a bolt-like thought instead. "Ezuri." He said.

The young Hyuuga froze in the chair when he recognised the voice and his memories flowed back. "I'd like you to take a moment to think about how you got here." Kensuke said on a cold, venomous tone, dripping with hostility. "Because it's going to be a whole lot more pleasant for everyone involved if you can tell us exactly how this situation came to be."

The boy swallowed and looked away from the bright light, shaking violently over all of his body. Kensuke nodded at Hideki.

Doing this to my own cousin... Hideki thought, rubbing at the bridge of his nose in slight agitation. What's becoming of me? Glancing over at the frightened Ezuri, Hideki sighed, stepped forward, and held a hand to the lamp for a moment, blocking out the harsh light and permitting Ezuri to see his face. "You recognize me, right? Of course you do." Without waiting for an answer, Hideki removed his hand, causing the light to once more wash over him, exposing his every expression and muscular twitch. "Now, Ezuri — we've known each other since childhood. Sure, we were never best friends — not even to an extent — but we got along just fine. In a sense, I've always been relatively meek. In fact, I even take some pride in it. And as such, it's a pattern I strive to see unrelived. Even now, when there's hundreds of methods in making you talk — perhaps even thousands — all of which would be equally befitting...

For example, with a little help from the people behind me, I could overload your senses till your brain collapses from the exertion of trying to remain sane; I could have Kensuke, of whom you're already familiar with, mutilate your limbs until there's nothing left but a bloody pulp, rendering you a miserable cripple for the rest of your days; or I could have Meilin here,"
— out of habit, he gestured behind him, even if Ezuri could see nothing — "beat you senseless; I could sprinkle some putrid, gods-know-what gunk into a plastic bag and make you choke on its contents — all while deprieved on oxygen — until you either suffocate or get your throat and mucous membrane infected with some worm-ridden disease; for heaven's sake, I could even slice your scalp off, drench your face in acid, flay your skin, remove your nails, burn your legs, sever your manhood, saw your arms, and — most terrifying of all (oh, trust me on this one) — take away both of your eyes. I don't think anyone would object to a pair of fresh Hyuuga eyes..." Hideki fell quiet, stared at a point in space above Ezuri's head. Shook his head and sighed.

"But... for now... I'll do none of those things... And it's here you should consider yourself lucky to have fallen into our clutches, where I exist to safeguard you, and not some other, unassociated team that would surely make you regret every single bad word that's come out of your lips — maybe even take pleasure in doing so. But, with that said, know that, when driven into a corner, even the meekest of lamb will foam at the mouth eventually. Especially when there's innocent lives in the equation. Now; these are surely redundant..." With a sudden clap of hands from Hideki, Ezuri clenched his eyes shut and shrunk into himself, unable to contain a faint squeal, but, as there was no blunt trauma, only a burgeoning flare of agony, his gaze immediately shot to his right hand, where something was surely amiss.

Upon seeing it, or feeling it — the lack thereof anyway — his face underwent an ugly metamorphosis; eyes widening, exposing skeins of pink veins, blood shooting to his ears, mouth dropping unhinged, lips quivering, and cheeks blanching like the spray of powder. He loosed a terrible, bloodcurdling scream, muscles tightening all over. Immediately pressing a wrap of bandages to the wound, Hideki tossed away the scalpel and limp index finger, taking measures, however — perhaps unnecessary in their cruelty — to ensure there was excess pain — even pushing a finger through the folds of gauze. "You only need to say the golden word," Hideki spoke through gnashed teeth, struggling to retain a semblance of composure when the inside was so different. Truly, hurting an acquaintance, as opposed to a faceless stranger, was leagues apart. Just spill the beans, goddammit...

Karma wasn't sure what to put of it. Hideki and Kensuke both spoke with some manner of professionalism, but at the same time, she wondered if they were keeping up a charade. When her teammate performed the action of cutting the index finger, she blinked several times quickly, somewhat surprised and unbelieving. Did he give the young Hyuuga enough chance to try and talk? She wasn't sure, but decided that for the meanwhile she wouldn't get involved. She didn't possess any skills that could be beneficial to the interrogations, unless they wanted to start leaving him temporary paralyzed. Karma decided to close her eyes and think further about the actions these people took.

Meilin kept her icy gaze focused on the bound Hyuuga. When Hideki mentioned her beating him senseless Meilin's eyes gained a glint. A dangerous soft glint that made it clear that the other was speaking the truth. The anger and disgust she felt for this Ezuri were only building up but Meilin kept herself silent.

As Hideki cut off the index finger Meilin lowered her arms and brought her hands together to weave the required handsignals. She wanted to prepare her Healing Technique to both prevent Ezuri from passing out as well losing too much blood. Glancing sideways in the direction of Kensuke, she did wait when he would consider her medical approach needed.

Kensuke watched with a stern expression as Hideki worked on Ezuri. When he saw Meilin stir he stopped her with a gaze. He observed Ezuri who was whimpering and panicking in the chair and writhed as the loss of his finger got through to him. Team 7's silence lasted as Ezuri slowly mastered himself, only to shoot up panicked as he heard a sound he could not see. Kensuke got up from his chair with a slow creaking sound and stepped closer so his silhouette became visible in the lamp.

"S-s-s-stop!" The young Hyuuga whimpered, openly crying now. "Don't hurt me - I'll tell you everything... Please..." He said.

At that point Kensuke drew his chair closer and sat down. "Then start talking. Who is leading this organisation." He said with an ice cold voice.

Ezuri seemed to hesitate one moment at this question until Kensuke conjured the shape of a knife from his belt and seemed to contemplate handing it over to Hideki. "I-I don't-" He began stuttering. "I mean he's- His name ... His name is the Priest of Threads." The broken young man managed to tell them.

"Very well. Tell me about this organisation he leads."

Now that he'd spilled his leader's name, the young Hyuuga seemed to be more comfortable with talking about the rest. "He's - He's a priest. They follow a religion, a sect of sorts. They're really prickly about it." He said. "They were all fanatics, but the priest is a nice man..." Ezuri continued. "He was really friendly and told me he could ... help me... regain my father's respect..."

"It looks like that didn't work out for you now did it? Keep talking." Kensuke snapped as the boy wavered. "Go cry tomorrow. What happens to the families?" Kensuke demanded.

"I don't know... The children are sent to the priest, they always leave through the Western gate, but I know they actually go East." Ezuri managed to say in between his sobs.

"What do you know about the list?" Kensuke asked.

At this question the Hyuuga seemed to freeze and tried to instinctively look away, without success given his precarious situation.

"Answer me."

"They said that they were preparing to attack two of the names on the list..." Ezuri sobbed, as silent as a whisper.

Kensuke got up again and leaned in very close to the stricken Hyuuga. "Did you take a moment to notice whose names were on that list?" He said with a deceptively calm voice.

Ezuri remained silent for a while, and when Kensuke moved he hesitantly replied. "Y-yes..."

"Didn't it strike you as odd thatall of those people were your former comrades? People who were willing to entrust their lives to you? Because you were a shinobi? A man sworn to endure, to protect his comrades and kin?" Kensuke said on the same tone.

"Yes..." Ezuri sobbed.

"Is this what you understand under the term 'protecting'?" Kensuke snapped. "Plotting attempts on their lives?" Kensuke stood up again and for the first time in the career of anyone present they could see a glimpse of pure, genuine emotion on his face. Utter betrayal, anger and frustration. Above all there was the disappointment. "I am ashamed of you." He said, and walked out of the room, making a vague gesture at Hideki to knock Ezuri out - without permanently damaging him. He left the room and closed the door carefully, but a loud crashing sound could be heard from the other side.

Glancing at Kensuke's back, Hideki swallowed. He'd grown accustomed to the man's statuesque repose — as though cast out of iron — and witnessing a glimpse of raw emotion — especially now, when Hideki's own feelings were aflame and convoluted — made him almost lightheaded and lent a brooding atmosphere to the basement. Turning back to Ezuri, he looked upon his cousin with a final, confused expression — anger, disappointment, sadness, shame, indignation, all mixed into one grouty mess — then stepped forward and, with a deft lick of his knuckles and brief widening of Ezuri's eyes, knocked him out cold. He gestured for Meilin to heal the wound he'd inflicted, then retreated some distance into the shadows, unconcious to the reek of the mouldy old things strewn about there. "Sorry for elbowing you," he said to Meilin — and partly to Karma as well, as he had no wish to be categorized as some ruffian — "Wasn't"isn't"in a right state of mind.

Ezuri's confession brought Karma out of her train of thought. Something more specific he said. She walked out of the shadowy part until she was right next to him. She looked at the knocked out boy briefly before turning and walking out of the room, following Kensuke's steps. When she saw the sound that was heard occured from a wall being punched, she took a moment, figuring out how to speak in the best manner after the clear emotion he had just presented to them "Kensuke, I thought further about the situation, but what the young Hyuuga said concerns me. They were preparing to attack two targets on the list, you and Hideki are both on it, Ezuri has formerly worked with you." She said as she looked at him.

"What if they had known someone will come investigating, but didn't know who until after the people had started investigating? What if both of you, if not our entire team, has been spotted and then the Hyuuga was brought in to ensure you and Hideki would be lured in by his presence?" Karma said "This entire situation makes no sense otherwise. The manner in which they were caught after some time of not even a hint as to who did this, which appears to heavily relay on the spotting of Ezuri, makes the entire thing appear just," She took a moment to find the right word for it "Just absurd."

Moving to lean against one of the walls, she closed her eyes "Now I'm not saying Hideki wouldn't have spotted the people in the alley if it wasn't the Hyuuga there, or that we wouldn't have found them eventually, but the way we found them, just because it was that Hyuuga, thats the one thing that keeps bugging me. Thats the only detail that makes no sense considering how careful they were."

As Kensuke threw his gaze Meilin moved her hands from each other and placed them on her back. Listening and watching how the hearing further progressed Meilin was about to ask if they couldn't continue. There were some questions that she had for the Hyuuga but it seemed that their team leader got a bit too emotional. Not that she didn't understand it as she did not say anything. Keeping her eyes locked on Ezuri Meilin would only briefly break her ice-cold look as Hideki spoke against her. Surprised the raven haired teen wasn't sure how to respond back to the Hyuuga. Raising her left hand she would brush aside some strands of hair behind her left ear. Simply nodding, she would turn her attention to Ezuri.

There were still questions that she wanted to ask. While it seemed that the others were going to Kensuke, judging by the sounds, Meilin just stood in front of Ezuri. Her blood started to boil as she just stared down at the knocked out Hyuuga. For a moment she found herself wanting to do anything to him but healing wasn't one of those things. He knew who was behind the disappearing of the people and who could potentially be next. And now she couldn't ask her questions. Or perhaps she could wake him up and force him to talk? Making sure that her family wasn't the next and else if it was that she could do something about it.

Instead she would lower through her legs and bring her hands together weave the few signals. Moulding her chakra, she kept the small orb of light green up with her left hand. Using her right hand Meilin would first inspect the 'wound'. Hideki had made a rather clean cut. Was he perhaps a shinobi dabbled into medical ninjutsu as well, seeing he had used a scalpel. Using her technique to let the chakra do its work she didn't focus on just closing the wound. Even though their guest wouldn't just bleed out from the loss of a finger, she didn't want that some complications would arise. There was the brief idea to sear the wound - a cruel and sadistic thought. One that she was sure off that Kensuke or at least Hideki wouldn't approve of. Finished with her handiwork Meilin rose up and stared for another moment down at Ezuri.

Her hands started to itch as she wanted to wrap them around the throat of the young Hyuuga. To make him suffer as those families had. To make him feel the desperation of that his life could escape him any moment and that he had no power over it. Balling her hands into fists the teen decided to turn around and walk out of the room. She felt like having some fresh air.

Kensuke rubbed his knuckles after punching the wall and found them warm and moist. Blood ran down his hand and he cursed softly before adopting his usual demeanor again, falling over his troubled expression like a blanket. "You're right. It could all be a trap. But I doubt it. If it is, forewarned is forearmed." Was all Kensuke said in response to Karma's thoughts.
[/fieldbox]

Neji Uchiha
Konohgakure Genin Squad 8

Neji intently listened to Katsu's orders. The mission seemed simple enough they just had to simply scout out the village. The caveat was they had to stay as noticeable as possible, that meant they could not use ninjutsu or in their case dojutsu as well unless it was absolutely necessary. They were in an friendly village, a village that was part of the same empire as them so there shouldn't really need to be any case in which they needed to use ninjutsu. Again though a shinobi can never be completely sure so they always had to stay alert.

Neji thought about any questions he might have "So I am assuming that the three of us are splitting up correct? to be able to cover all the ground in our area? is there anything that we should be specifically looking for? Also is there anything of concern that we should know about?"

THE BEST INTERROGATION!

A collab between Gerontis and me, in which Johnathon Housha is questioned about his involvement in the recent Amegakure incident

This was the last one? Jugo had to resist to sigh as he was aware that other officers had more interviews. And less pleasant ones as the overal atmosphere in the office started to become more tense with each interview done. He wondered briefly if somebody had managed to uncover any intel that they could work with to uncover the attackers. Right now? He had no real idea and reading the notes and reports made there wasn't much that he could make up from it. "Tsk, shinobi." He mumbled underneath his breath. As an officer that had to deal with shinobi Jugo's opinion on them wasn't that low as some of his coworkers. He would just go to the interrogation room where his last interview would be held as he thought about it. His slight approval of shinobi was likely the source of Komei.

Nearing the door and the two guards, one of the guards opened the door for Jugo - which made Jugo give the guard a short nod as he entered. "Well then," Jugo started not even throwing a look at the present young man in the dull grey room. Placing the small folder on the table Jugo would take his seat and raise his right eyebrow slightly up. "Let us cut straight to business. Grim Brothers or Fierce Strikers?"

Johnathon, up until this point, had been attempting to tug at the chakra restrainer. He didn't use a lot of chakra, but just having it was a bit annoying. If he needed to heal anyone, or give anyone energy, he just couldn't right now. Suddenly, the door opened, a man walking in and starting off. Johnathon frowned slightly, he had run into a burning building and been attacked with the hopes of making sure people were okay and showing how awesome he was.

"Well, Fierce Strikers are pretty cool and all, but Grim Brothers are closer to the Housha estate, and so, by closer relation, are the better team." He nodded slightly, then spoke up, "Real fast, that guy who was shot with the crossbow, and everyone that was inside, they're okay, yeah? I, in my heroic awesomeness, saved them?"

Jugo smiled as he leaned back, nodding in approval. "Though my reason is that they haven't suffered a defeat in the last season, I suppose that is more or less a valid reason to support the best Godai team in Amegakure at the moment." He said, though he remained silent for a moment as John asked how the other people were. "Some people died. Either killed on purpose or by lack of medical attention. Some are currently being helped, but I don't have the exact details on how everybody is doing. Just know of a few that got killed and some reports on how they got killed." The man said the answer in a polite and calm manner. Glancing at the chakra restrainer Jugo wondered about something.

"As for what I would like to know is what you were doing there? I got some reports, but also at least three people claiming that you attempted to attack somebody else who was there trying to prevent the fighting from escalating." Jugo said, folding his hands together on the table.

John nodded in agreement regarding the team, but focused his attentions more on the people that might have been hurt. "If there are some that still need medical attention, the amazing Housha clan can send one person to keep some at about where they are, and improve some. We have the best kekkei genkai in the world that lets us heal everyone at once."

John raised an eyebrow slightly. "I didn't attack anyone... Alright, I was there because I was over at my sensei Eiji's house. My girlfriend, the best girl ever, noticed the smoke, and pointed it out, so I went to see if I could get anyone that might still be inside out. I didn't even intend to fight, really, I just wanted to get everyone to safety, as I knew it'd be the job of the strongest there. But as soon as I entered through the already broken window, the guy with the crossbow attacked me... And, before going in there was a guy with a crossbow bolt already in him being carried away, so when he attacked me, I thought, to make sure no one got shot, I'd have to take his crossbow."

Listening to John's answer, Jugo would several times nod as he thought about what the young man told him. He produced a small notepad and a pencil from his pocket and scribble something down. "Eiji who? Could you give me the names? Makes it easier for me to track down who we can ask some more questions. Just to verify that you're not pulling a joke on us." Jugo said. "Though, you went in there and already had an idea of who was and who wasn't an enemy? Or was it more of a guess by the fact that the man carried a crossbow at the time being?"

Johnathon nodded as the interrogater asked about Eiji. "Eiji Emijiya. You can probably find him just by asking around for Johnathon Housha's sensei, though." He gave a quick thumbs-up, before looking slightly confused. "No, I didn't even know there was fighting until I got close. I determined that if the crowd was taking someone with a crossbow bolt in their stomach away from the scene, then either the fighting was done already, or they were trying to get away and get the guy help, so when someone tried to hit me with a crossbow for going in, I tried to take it. I only got to trip him, though, which kept him from aiming the crossbow. You guys showed up pretty much right around then, but I wasn't going to let him put a bolt into my stomach, so I had to keep my guard up until he didn't have his crossbow anymore."

"Aha," escaped Jugo as he further listened to John. He wrote down the name as he remembered that it was the same mentor of the Four Tails jinchuriki. And a running candidate for the Amekage's position. Jugo wondered for a moment what the man really was like, other than what he had heard from others. "I would also need the name of your girlfriend. The more people can confirm your story the better." The man briefly glanced up from his notepad to flash an apologizing smile towards the young man. "Though it is in your right to deny it, which I then have to note down. As for the situation," Jugo continued, "It seems like it was thus a mess. At least, you tried to enter with good intentions but this is where things get really troublesome for us. The guy you tripped and tried to stop shooting other people claim that he was there to prevent you from taking the lives of other innocents. Now, we can play the yes and no game all week. Doubt any of us really has anything to gain with that. You guys will be longer stuck in jail and I will be spending time with trying to dig up the truth. Or well, perhaps another officer that is less keen on believing a young man that might seem to be quick to drawn to a building... that wasn't on fire." Finishing his last sentence with a slower pace Jugo frowned once more.

"You see, there are several reports coming in and being shared that there wasn't any fire. Just a lot of smoke. It is of course being investigated on if there was truly a fire and how it came to be, but so far there are people who claim that the building wasn't on fire."

John nodded, "If you want to know the name of the best girl in the world, who am I to judge? Her name's Ryu Uchiha. Don't ask her about the eyepatch, it's recent, and has some bad memories. Ask a hospital about that one." He frowned again as the man explained why things were troublesome on their end. "I would never take someone's life unnecessarily. I'm Johnathon Housha, the strongest chuunin ever, people who don't agree with me just haven't seen me in action yet. They'll figure out how strong I am eventually..." He shook his head slightly, getting his mind more on the topic of what was at hand, "Well, I don't know if there actually was a fire, but I saw smoke. That smoke was very clear very far away, so I thought there was a fire and wanted to get everyone out... Especially since the last fire I heard about put Ryu at risk... And I can't just go letting awesome people like Ryu getting in danger, so I have to use my great strength as the strongest chuunin to protect them. Whether there was a fire or not, I was acting as if there was one until someone said otherwise."

Scribbling some more notes down Jugo remained silent for a short moment. Reviewing what he had just wrote down the man glanced up to glance at the young man's neck. "You don't say?" He mumbled underneath his breath, wondering if the young man was trying to joke around with his statements or if it was trying to make himself stay confident in his current situation. Whatever it was, he had to continue on. "And what last fire do you mean?" Jugo asked as he tried to remember if he had heard something before. Not able to place a link between the name 'Ryu Uchiha' and a fire Jugo was quite curious what the young man would answer.

Johnathon frowned slightly as the man asked about the last fire. "I wasn't there, and I don't know the specifics, but if you need to know anything specific about it, I'm sure she talked to her mentor in medical jutsu... I don't remember his name, you'll have to ask her what his name is. But what I can tell you, is that her appartment was on fire, her sister died during it, and she lost her eye. There might have been fires since then, I don't know, but that's the last fire I heard about. I don't even know if she'd be comfortable talking about it for the sake of confirming my story... Do what you have to, but don't go too far, Ryu's dealt with a lot, and I can't go making her relive it, or I might have to give up my rank of best chuunin. The best chuunin doesn't let their girlfriends relive bad memories all the time."

Writing down some more notes Jugo wondered if he would have time and permission to investigate in this. Or being able to learn more behind this vague incident where apparently somebody died and this Ryu lost an eye. Reviewing the notes he had made once more Jugo let out a soft sigh. Not one that made it clear that he was irritated, but more of being disappointed. Placing his notepad and pencil back into the pocket of his jacket Jugo spoke up. "Fair enough. Can't make any promises. Likely if somebody died and this was quite something then somebody else likely has questioned her. Can't just let people lose their eyes and have sisters die without us police trying to investigate it." The man folded his hands once more together as he paused. "While I am against it, the decision is, however, already made. Seeing the lack of evidence that prove that you were a culprit you're not going to be restricted and kept inside the police office cells. Once we're done here one of the guards will remove the chakra restrainer and handcuffs and you'll be allowed to leave the office. Of course, there are some conditions that I am needed to inform you."

Raising his right hand, clenched as a fist, Jugo would raise his index finger as he continued to speak. "You're advised to not leave Amegakure. A note will be send to the Jounin Commander of the Rain province to detail that you shouldn't be given any missions outside the city. You're allowed to leave, but do know that this will be considered as a suspicious act. Right now you're still considered either a witness or a suspect and for that reason," Jugo raised his middle finger, "You're need to report from today every two days at 1 PM. Fail to do this and sanctions will be taken. I hope that I won't need to explain those. Third and last," Raising his ring finger now Jugo paused for a second, "You're going to be watched. If you have any objection to this then you're free to fill in a form and send it to the Jounin commander but unless we don't get a valid reason to not keep watch of you then we will continue do to so. Which will allow us to arrest and contain you whenever we have some evidence that you're working with the culprits behind the attack. Any questions?"

Johnathon nodded. "Someone probably already questioned her, yeah... Just try not to bring it up with her, if you talk to her." He then nodded as the interrogater talked, telling him about his freedoms but also his restrictions. "The Housha estate where I live is just outside Amegakure. Is it suspicious for me to go there? Do I have to find a place to live inside Ame until this is all over?" He then thought about the second comment, "That's fine, I'll tell my sensei that I have to report in every two days so no trainings can keep me from it." He then moved his mind on to the last part, frankly, he didn't care if he'd be watched, so he shrugged slightly, "Go ahead. I don't mind being watched, I have nothing to hide, plus I need to show off my awesomeness anyway. As a warning before-hand, I usually wear full-body armor, it helps me use my Housha Shimatsu to improve my own capabilities, but I'm willing to try to remember to take off the helmet often so your people know its me." He nodded, knowing the more he cooperated, the more they'd see his awesome greatness.

Lowering his hand, Jugo would cross his arms out front of his chest as he shook his head lightly. "No, sadly you got to stay within the city. I am sorry, but you got to try to fix a place where you can stay until we're completely certain you're allowed to move out of the city, again. As for the helmet," Jugo found himself wanting to ask if John was genuinely serious, but who knew with shinobi? "No need for that. Just pretend you don't know you're being watched. Seeing the fact that the watchers are keen in using sensory ninjutsu and not to mention that we can track you down quite quickly if there is a need for it with some other... measurement, I figure that just staying in Amegakure and trying to just be.. yourself," the man phrased slowly as he paused. "Then there shouldn't be any trouble. Now, if you don't have any questions or objections then I suppose we can conclude this. Got to make it in time to watch the match this evening between the Grims and Strikers after all."

Johnathon frowned. He'd have to find a place to stay in Ame for now. He'd think more about that later, for now, "Well... The armor blocks chakra... If they can still sense that it's me, then alright, I'm just trying to be helpful right now since part of being the best shinobi ever includes letting others do their job." He nodded, then. "Other than that, I have nothing else to say except, if I can help at all with healing the injured, I'm willing to. After all, I'm sure some of them want to see the Grim Brothers kick butt, too." He nodded again, giving one more thumbs-up.

"Good." Jugo said. He wondered how the trackers would deal with material that blocked chakra, but he figured that it wasn't his problem to deal with. Else he would hear about it later if it was going to be something he had to deal with. Picking up the profile Jugo shook his head. "Think it is best for you to just keep to the rules. We try to separate the wounded from the suspects for a good reason. Anyways," getting up the man gave John a nod. "I suppose that you're free to go seeing we're done. I wish you a good day and you'll be informed whenever we have some progression on knowing what will follows." That having said Jugo would walk to the door and open it. Mumbling something, one of the guards would enter the room and pull out a key - in order to remove the handcuffs - and would afterwards remove the chakra restrainer from John's neck.

John nodded to the interrogater. It made sense that he wouldn't be allowed near them, but if the situation were dire enough, he might have been allowed to help. At least he knew that it wasn't dire enough for that. He watched as the interrogater stood up, giving another quick nod, "Go Grim Brothers." He said this as a quick, almost salute, to another fan of said team. As the guard let him go, he stretched, nodding to the guard. "Thanks." He stood up from the seat, heading out with every intention of sending a letter to his family to bring him his armor when he found a home, as his armor was still at home.

• Love
Reactions: Jessie Targaryen
Yone's Story

A Collab between Oetje and Fieryfly

Summary:
Komei Shiyaki interviews Yone about the Post Office Incident during which Yone was a hostage. Yone confrims a couple of things that other interviewees have been saying. That and there is a theory about Nomura being a crime lord.

Her last interview of the day. If everything went according to plan that was. Since nothing ever really went according to plan Komei wondered why she was even hoping it would. Her interview with the previous interviewee had given her much information, but she hoped that this young girl she was going to face now would prove to be helpful as well. She had been one of the hostage after all.

With a quick nod to the guards who stood guard near the door, Komei pushed the doorhandle down and pushed the thing open. With a small poilite smile on her face she entered the room and walked towards the table. As she sat down she spoke up. "Good afternoon. My name is Komei Shiyaki. I will be asking you a couple of questions regarding the events that transpired in the Post Office. Is that okay?"

Her hands were folded together on the table as she looked around. It was her fist time being interviewed in such a dull grey room. Actually, she wasn't ever interviewed or questioned in any similar manner. Yone didn't expect that she would ever be interviewed for anything. She wasn't anybody important. So far she knew and hoped. Attention was nice, but there was a limit to everything in her opinion that kept it fun. The bored expression was swiftly replaced by a curious one as the door went open. Though she wasn't restricted and had been treated fairly well Yone was wondering who would have a 'talk' with her.
Eyeing the woman that entered in a most subtle manner Yone inclined her head.
"Hello. Yone," the teen introduced herself, figuring that her surname wasn't really needed in this case. They were after other information.
"Yes, of course. Though may I ask how the other personnel is doing? Any word on mister Nomura? I mean, can't work if I lose my boss, y'know?" The teen tried to be rather casual about it. She wasn't in any trouble, but she would be if Nomura couldn't continue his post office. While being a courier didn't earn buckets of money it was better than to scrap it on the street. That and she was genuinely afraid and worried about the state of the old man. He had, after all, taken a kick in the face and tried to resist when that whole mess had started.

A small smile passed over Komei's face as the girl asked after the man who owned the post office. As she had understood it, this girl was working for the man and had been part of the hostages that mister Riojin had been the only to mention, "Mister Nomura is doing fine. He was a bit roughed up, but he will make a full recovery. So you won't lose your boss anytime soon, Yone." She opened the file that lay before her and took out a pencil. With a quick move she brushed some of her black locks behind her ears. The file hadn't been that interesting to read. Nothing special about this girl so far, but to be fair Komei wasn't interested in the girl personally. She did really want to know what she saw though as she had been in an unique position throughout the whole event.

"Well then, let's begin," she said. "If at any moments you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Why don 't you start by telling me how the day at the post office started. What were you doing there, who was around, what were they doing?"

Yone nodded to show she understood. Briefly, she thought back about mister Nomura. Glad that he was okay she found herself capable of relaxing a bit more. There were certain questions roaming her mind, but the teen was confident that she wasn't here to ask the questions or that the woman would provide everything she did know. While Yone wasn't wary of police officers, she considered it a fact that she was here to provide answers and not more questions. Beside that point, knowing things could prove dangerous. And for one, she wants to like to be pulled into danger if she could avoid it.
"It started pretty much regular. Had to pick my orders ma'am. One of the employees would then provide me with a small sheet with the addresses I had to deliver the orders. Then head back for more and pretty much following that routine until closing time." Yone explained. "Can't honestly state that there was anything that made me feel tense or aware of what would happen..."

The teen fell into a short silence, looking away at the door. Settling her eyes back on Komei, Yone made a subtle gesture with her right hand. "It was just normal, y'know? I was about to be given some new orders and then..." Another pause followed as Yone lowered her eyes, biting her lower lip.
"It went really fast ma'am. A woman, who seemed to be in charge sliced the throat of an employee. Before anybody could properly react we were all being surrounded and kicked down. Most folks inside were just civilians and nobody had the time to pull out a weapon. Think that nobody even had one at the time, seeing the lack of reason to have one. Soon after that, it just became a big mess ma'am."

"Okay," Komei made a note on her empty piece of paper. They had indeed found a woman with a slahsed throat so that was confirmed. It must have happened before Sho Deshuga had apparently stormed the building and had dragged the attention to himself. "How did it become a big mess?" Komei asked, repeating the words of Yone herself as she looked up to the girl again. "Did you see anyone enter the building after the people who were attacking that woman?"

She didn't need much time to formulate her answer on that question. "It became a big mess when some guy barged in. Well, not instantly. They took him down rather quickly and then a flash and smoke followed. After that, it really became nothing but a mess. Couldn't see anything thanks to the smoke bomb ma'am." Yone felt a bit bad that she couldn't provide more information to help out.
"I did see some faces, but am not sure if I heard their names right."

The smoke bomb. It really didn't help this investigation, Komei thought. As Yone spoke she pulled a couple of pictures from the file she had been carrying. She placed them on the table and flipped them so that Yone could see them clearly. On the pictures were the faces of Sho Deshuga, Mitsunari Riojin, Rini Yoto, Yoshikuni Sadako, Johnathon Housha, and then the faces of the people who the other had said that had attacked the post office. "Any names will be appreciated. Also I would like you to take a look at these pictures here and tell me if you can identify any of them. Doesn't have to be by name, just face will do just fine and where and when you saw them and what they were doing."

A curious look was thrown in the direction of the photographs. The brow of the teen moved into a frown as she tried to remember each face. She raised her right index finger and placed it on the photograph of the boy with the red hair. "This was the person who walked into the post office when it was just occupied. He asked... in a special kind of manner what was going on. Y'know, a bit of rude language kind of way." Yone said as she moved over to the other photos.
"This guy," she said while moving her right index finger, ,"I think he was there when the chaos happened. At least, seems like it. And this guy too. Think he was the one who tied my hands together."
Clearly annoyed, that she wasn't able to remember the details precisely as it had happened in a fast pace and she had been focused on trying to find a way out instead of staring at people's facial features, Yone eventually let out a heavy sigh.
"I also think that woman was there. At least, yeah. She had some knives on her but can't be too sure. I didn't have a good angle of view on most of them ma'am."

Sho Deshuga. Komei wondered how Jugo's interrogation with him had gone. It should be finished by now. What would the boy have to say for himself? So far it sounded like he had gotten himself in a whole lot of trouble by stepping into that post office in the first place. Once again it had been confirmed that he might have instagated something that he maybe wished he could have avoided. It was good to have it confirmed once more though. As Yone picked the other photo's Komei made some notes on her sheet to make sure that she would remember the girl's uncertainty while picking out the faces.

"Thank you very much," she said when Yone was finished. She took the photo's back, making sure to keep the picked once seperate from the others. "During the whole ordeal did you notice anything strange? Out of the ordinary?" A small smile passed over her lips as she said it. "Even more out of the ordinary than an attack on a post office that is? Did you hear anyone say anything that struck you?"

Yone thought about the question. She remembered something that made her face turn pale. "Well, there were two things now I think of it, ma'am." Trying to weigh the words and how she would phrase them Yone created a pause.
"There was this... thing. I don't know what it was or where it came from. It was aiding the brigands and thugs inside from what I could gather. Gain nothing but a glimpse of it, but it was like a beast. Only standing on two legs."

She realised that it sounded that she was just not sure what she saw. It wasn't a rare fact that people in stress often saw things wrong and as a result could believe that somebody or something was there and yet the person or object wasn't there, to begin with. "There was also this man. Just before the officers came in, this girl," Yone placed her right index finger on the picture of Yoshikuni. "Was fighting against a man that repeated that he would start the fire. I didn't at the time pay much attention to it, but thinking of it really made no sense."

Yoshikuni. Another interviewee she had not interviewed herself. She and Jugo really needed to meet up and discuss this whole deal. But for now she had to finish this. And there was mention of a beast. Rini had noted that there had been a strange chakra signature in the building. Mister Riojin apparently hadn't noticed this. Komei had heard however that the Deshuga boy had sustained some injuries that looked like some animal had ripped into him. A beast maybe. But there had been no such thing in the office when they had arrived there. "He said he would start a fire?" Komei asked, her eyebrows raising ever so slightly. "So there was no fire in the beginning? So far most of the witnesses say that they saw a large plume of smoke coming from the post office, that is what attracted them. But the man wished to start a fire must later during the attack? Did you see any form of explosions on him that might give the indication that he intended on blowing the place up?"

Nodding slowly she felt that the woman didn't believe her. But would she believe it if she was in the place of the officer? No, probably not. The question of Komei didn't require much thinking from Yone.
"He had all kind of tags rigged around his waist, ma'am. I thought that they were explosive tags but couldn't get a perfect view on them." She answered. "Instead the tags just happened to either be fake or flashes as we were blinded just a moment before you lot came in. Don't know where the man go to after the flash."

Komei frowned. She hoped that Yoshikuni's story could tell her more about what had gone down. Somewhere in the back of her mind Komei cursed the Yoto girl who had thrown the smokebomb. Sure, she did believe the girl and she understood that the girl had tried to help but it made this investigation so much harder because no one had been able to see each other well enough to make any kind of statement that could be reinforced by others. It was mostly guesswork and a certain level of trust. And trust was not something Komei had a lot of. It didn't work in this job. "Okay. I will look into it." She took hold of the picture that depicted the man Yone had talked about. He didn't look anything special, but then again no one ever did until they did something remarkable. Then everyone suddenly knew your face. She paused for a moment.

"Why do you think," she asked then, "that anyone would have wanted to attack the post office? Any theory will do."

Raising her left hand to scratch her neck for a second Yone thought about it. "Honestly, ma'am. I wouldn't be able to think of something. Mister Nomura is a very polite and friendly man. Always pays us on time and isn't really the man you consider to have enemies." Yone felt a bit sad. The post office was the income of mister Nomura and now he was on the brink of losing it. And why?
"I don't think that he has anybody that is really willing to go this far to end his life to inherit the post office. Haven't been that close with him, ma'am." The girl further added.

"Perhaps it was... Euhm..." She wasn't sure what to say. There was a side of her that wanted to speculate wild theories on why this had happened and why mister Nomura. Perhaps he had all kind of dark secrets? Perhaps he was somebody that was trading in illegal wares? Somebody with so many secrets that you couldn't ever be able to figure out when the secrets stopped popping up. That the friendly, old man was nothing but a facade. A way to make nobody suspect him of pulling off illegal activities behind the scenes. Stalking the night as a criminal, making deals with all kind of shady figures.
No, no. Mister Nomura wasn't like that.

"I am sorry for not being much of help, ma'am." Yone said, in a more hushed tone. Thinking of something, she spoke up again. "I could try to figure it out. I doubt I will be able to find something, but I kind... of owe mister Nomura something. I suppose..." The last few words were spoken on an even softer tone as Yone lowered her eyes. Nomura would've done the same for her. She was certain of that.

"That is okay, Yone. You have been a big help actually. It is really useful to get a perspective from someone who was inside the entire time and not someone who came in later. Though please," Komei gave the girl a stern look, "don't go and try to figure this out by yourself. The police is doing everything it can to get this case solved. Please don't go running around by yourself." As she finished the stern look disappeared. "Either way I think that about covers it for now. You are free to leave though I will ask you to remain in Amegakure for the time being. I understand that you are on a shinobi team as well, but you will have to inform your teamleader that you can leave the city until this issue is solved, I am sure he or she will understand. Is that understood?"

The words made Yone nod and reply with a soft : "Yes, ma'am. I understand." But meanwhile, inside Yone's mind she had made up another decision. It was always so typical for adults and probably police officers to deny teens to not investigate into matters. But perhaps she could find something of use? Something that could make them give her a reward of some sort? Money perhaps even! Enough to get out of Amegakure and start a new life. She had heard the stories of more pleasant and easier living areas inside the Empire. Where the sun was being present, sending forth warm rays instead of the gloomy ever present rain pour that soaked the land. New places to explore and to learn about. New people that she could meet and so much more. This all was progressed in Yone's slightly naive mind as she nodded, once more, to emphasis her words and keep her facial expression serious.
"Silly people. I will get that reward."

Komei send the girl another look as she gathered her paper and the photos and put them back in the file. "I am serious. You'll make yourself suspicious by searching for clues by yourself. Though if you happen to stumble on something or remember something else please don't hesitate to drop by." With that Komei pushed her seat back and got up. She waited for Yone to do the same thing before she would lead the girl out of the room, into the world again.

Already making plans on how she would investigate the attack and the possible as most plausible reasons behind it Yone eyes widened as she stared at Komei. The woman statement that she made herself suspicious caused Yone to fear for that the officer would decide to keep her in a cell. Confined and restricted. Words that send a cold shiver down Yone's spine. More out of nerves and instinct than really wanting to Yone threw a glance at the door. Half expecting the guards to come swarming in and just piling themselves on her before arresting her.
"But- But I want to help. I mean, I am not in trouble now am I?" She tried to hide her nerves behind an apologetic smile. Good god, why hadn't she thought about the suggestion before just blabbering it out?! Talking about bad luck!

As Komei rose up, Yone did slowly the same thing. She tried to not look suspicious or a threat to the woman. Her eyes once more glanced at the door, anxious for what could happen. Her fantasy started to go on a rampage. Where it once started to make her think and ponder on how to be a detective like a person she wondered now how she would survive in jail. Probably not for long with a pretty face like hers.

Komei shook her head. "No worries. Thinking something doesn't get you in trouble. I understand the desire to help. I truly do. It is why I do what I do. But there is a time and a place for everything and this is not your time to search for clues." She smiled as she said it and closed the door of the small room behind them. "Thanks for the answers," she repeated once more. "I am sure you can find your own way out. I will let you know how the investigation is going and if I have any more questions."

Pushing the seat she had been sitting on, Yone nodded once more to make it clear that she understood the woman. And to not say anything that would betray her current train of thoughts. Her fantasy 'recomposed' itself as she wondered if she should make a board with information, drink coffee and perhaps even get a small kind of hat or cap. Smoking was out of the question seeing it cost money and she wasn't certain if she would like it. How did a cigarette even taste? Or perhaps that was it : it had no taste? Interesting.
"You're welcome." Yone managed to produce, though it was clear that the girl was a bit more cautious on what she would say. "And thanks."

"No problem," Komei said. And with that the woman turned around and walked away from Yone, file under her arms. She really had to get some coffee and then find Jugo. They had a lot to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes, we're splitting up," Katsu said, nodding. "But we won't spread out far. The only thing that you need to know is that we're going to be looking around to pretty much soak in everything we see. Keep an eye out for vantage points, but remember, we're going incognito so keep your feet on the ground." He turned to the streets and took a few steps under the rain. "If you get lost, radio in. You can ask directions for Nellie's Bakery. We'll meet there in an hour."

He thought of the layout of the area they were supposed to search. He wondered how it could be best searched. After a few moments of pondering he nodded to himself and called out to the two nin. "Hiraku, take the western wing," he said, pointing at a street. "Neji, you take the eastern wing. I'll take the center." He pointed at the two streets next to Hiraku's. "If everything's clear, move out."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Delivery, White]

Hiroshi Hon
Captain Commander of the Tiger's Claw

Hiroshi was still fast asleep when the sun started to illuminate his office. He was cramped on his chair, his cheek pressed onto the scrolls he had before him. The building was already filled with busy chatter, but not so frantic as it was during the meetings. It was mostly mail being delivered and small friendly discussions between people on the hallways. Here and then even brief laughter was being heard. However none of this could wake Hiroshi from his slumber, not even the door to his office opening. " Captain Commander, there is a ... " was all the delivery boy managed to say before he saw the Commander on his chair.

He silently approached his desk and placed a scroll onto it before leaving. Silently closing the door, he thought to himself that the Captain Commander will wake up with an aching back and probably a neck as well. Shrugging of the thought, he continued in his deliveries. Hiroshi didn't move in the slightest at the delivery. It took several more hours for him to even start waking up. As he was waking up, his first thought went to the fact that he promised himself not to fall asleep like this again. Pulling away from his desk, he felt a bolt of pain through his neck and back. Sighing, he took a look at the scroll he was using as his pillow.

An unfinished report, the one that made him fall asleep while writing it. Stretching a bit to fully wake up, he noticed the scroll that was on the top of the mess on his desk. It was just what he was hoping to see - the reply from the blacksmith he visited with a special order. And now, that special order was done. Taking off the seal from it and opening it, he started to smile from ear to ear. It was indeed done.

After all, his and Saki's companions required the best they can get them.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Scouting, wheat]
Koike Hon,
Specialized Jounin | Konoha Team 6 | Lieutenant-Captain | Amegakure, near the barracks.

They both had gathered. And not letting him wait forever, which was good. Glancing at both of them, Koike would turn his attention for a moment at Tomiko as he would hold up the blindfold towards the girl. "We need you to cover your eyes. As for you," Koike turned his attention towards Kazumo, "We're going to split off. I assume that you got a bit more experience and thus I am not going to guide you a lot through this assignment. Keep a low profile, try to be on the look out for anything you might find suspicious and any useful vantage points or meeting places for later. The more known we get with this area the better we can operate in it." He explained.

Pausing as he glanced at a few people walking by, Koike spoke up again. "If there is any need for me to aid then inform me through the earphone communicator. Stay sharp and don't engage in any activity that will blow up your low profile. Remember," He gave them both a stern glance. "The better we do this, the easier the next assignment will be. Just take a few streets, Kazumo and once you're done then try to report back in."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Something wrong... , teal]
Zakito Hon,

Hon Clan Leader | Jounin commander | Imperial confidante | Konohagakure, Jounin Commander's Office

There were more reports coming in. Leaning back Zakito briefly moved his gaze to the person next to him. With Kei being not anymore around Zakito had decided to take Akimoto with him to the office. There was some doubt that the child would either cause a ruckus or become very irritated with being confined in the office. It wasn't as spacious as the past Hokage office - which now served as that of the Governor of the Fire province - but it wasn't too small either. The dire wolf pup, Daisuke, was asleep in the corner and Akimoto was amusing himself with a small sword. One made wood and being blunted so that he wouldn't poke his own eyes out or hurt himself or anybody in any other manner by mistake.
Mumbling things Zakito wasn't sure what his son was up to. Perhaps trying to become some hero of a story in his fantasy? Or just being a wanderer, exploring the lands unknown before going back home. The thoughts made the man chuckle as he shook his head slowly. It was starting to affect him even.

Reading about some reports there wasn't something that seemed troublesome. Everything was mostly going as intended. There were a few adjustments that were needed. Supply routes that could be adjusted to be more efficient. Training camps requiring certain goods or trainers. And a report coming in from some of the operatives busy in Keishi. Which made Zakito frown as he would open the sealed letter. The seal on it wasn't just made of wax, it required a special string of four hand signals to mould the chakra that would need to be inserted into the wax. Else? The wax would tear the paper asunder with the build up chakra. A small and efficient manner to keep some information and scrolls safe from prying eyes. Though, even as it was widely used it wasn't a new system to guard information. Every nation was using this even before the Great War had been close of erupting and engulfing the world into violence and sorrow.

The report was about the findings that the local authorities as some operatives had made. A smile formed behind his face mask as he read that Team 7 had managed to save two families. There wasn't more information on how they had done it or what they were doing now and that made Zakito wonder if Kensuke would sooner or later try to contact him through a channel of his own. Perhaps the Nimatsu had found something he decided not to share through the traditional and usual channel of communications? Pondering on that Zakito would, however, continue reading. And what he read made him stare at the paper for a long moment.

"We are assuming that they have gone rogue. They haven't shared much information and the sudden appearances of the two families has led some to believe that they are perhaps in league with the culprits. More so, we have no track at the moment where they are. We request a tracking cell with the blood samples from the participants of Team 7 - Nimatsu.

It is of paramount importance that we gain the culprits and right now we can't handle a rogue team or one that has just vanished from the radar."
Narrowing his right eye Zakito was growing angry. He didn't instantly believe that Kensuke would go rogue. Briefly, he heard a soft whisper about how he had gone after Matsuri, but that was a different situation and time. As one of his oldest pupils - at least one that was still alive and in active service - Zakito knew he was perhaps a bit biased towards Kensuke. Yet there was the problem that if Kensuke hadn't gone rogue, where he had go? Clearly it was more or less likely that the authoritaties wanted to know more information. The possibility of a mole inside their ranks was quite plaussible. He had yet to forget the 'guests' that the Guardians had managed to track and captured at the events of the clan meeting in Keishi.
A mental sigh followed as Zakito would start to write a letter. A team would indeed be send to track down Kensuke and his team. A plan already started to form up in his mind.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Chilly Start]
A collab made by Gerontis and Jason,

Summary :
Going on the scouting and patrol assignment Koike decides to give Tomiko a bit of freedom to try to hold herself up. The Hyuuga, however, stumbles upon some sort of odd contact that makes Koike decide that they have gathered enough information as he doesn't want to risk any fight this time soon with an unknown opponent.

[spoili]
With Kazumo send on his way, Koike glanced to see if Tomiko had her eyes covered. It would be a bit overreacted to state that they would be attacked in the streets just for her being a Hyuuga. He even wondered if many had a strong or any opinion on the Hyuuga as some had back in the Fire province or Konohagakure itself. "So, how many missions have you done that involved stealth or scouting?" The young man asked the Hyuuga.

Having accepted the blindfold from Koike, the girl looked at it in her hands briefly as she wondered what exactly the man had planned. After a moment of hesitation, she lifted it to her face and tied the blindfold, effectively blinding herself. When she heard the question, Tomiko turned slightly towards the sound and shook her head. "This is my first mission in general. I was switched from my first squad just before the first mission, and my current squad was never given a mission until now." she said quietly, then reached back and pulled her hood upon the poncho. Briefly she wondered if she would be able to use her Byakugan to see, and still hide the veins with the blindfold and whatnot. It was worth a try. The girl formed a small, one-handed seal with her hand hidden beneath the poncho to activate her Dojutsu. "Are you able to see any sign of my dojutsu?" she asked Koike, peering up at the man.

Hearing the answer didn't spark any motivation with Koike, but this was something he had to do. Not every time he could do stuff on his own or whatever he liked. A lesson he had learned - and one could say mastered - quite some time ago. "Ah." He mumbled as he glanced first around. He tried to think of something, but turned his attention back to Tomiko. "No, nothing really. So here is the plan," Koike said, "You're going to be a blind person. I will be 'guiding' you and help you learn some key points of an assignment like this one. Listen well and don't try to do anything you consider to be smart or great. Doubt that we will see any need for violence today." Koike mumbled. For a moment he turned half around, wanting to already walk, but forgot that she had to pretend to be blind. "Come." He told her offering an arm.

The girl nodded as he spoke, though when he told her not to do anything she considered smart; Tomiko couldn't help but feel a little insulted. He probably had a point though, and she figured she could learn a lot today if she followed orders. With a small sigh, Tomiko first straightened up a little bit, recalling how she had seen a blind man walking around when she was younger. Then, she placed a hand on Koike's arm and nodded towards the man as a signal she was ready to go. She'd just have to walk a bit slower than usual, play up the lack of sight.

"Let start at the basic. What do you understand of a low profile?" Koike asked on a hushed tone. He would adjust his pace to Tomiko as he kept looking in front of himself. He was wondering how Kazumo was doing and felt the need to question it through the earphone communicator. Deciding against it he tried to remember how Aiko had taught him how to keep a low profile and do these kind of missions. While he wouldn't of course state it against Tomiko, he had started quite in a similar manner. Except being blindfolded.

Keeping her attention straight ahead and walking slowly, she kept her focus on keeping in her assigned role. Speaking in a hushed tone to Koike, the girl responded calmly. "Blend in with the background. Do nothing of note, and avoid anything to draw attention to yourself. Stay confident and don't look lost or confused. So you blend in with the everyday background that most filter out." The girl said, fairly confident in her answer. As doing just that seemed to work in keeping her unnoticed for all those years. At least, until she started trying to branch out.

"That's what it says in the books, correct." Koike replied. "A few facts that people forget is that you need to be part of the crowd. Being confused or lost can be small details that will not gather attention. Who would gather faster attention at times? Somebody being super calm and focused or somebody that seems more lost and trying to find their way back. Today," he said, "You're going to be just a citizen of the city. I will soon leave you behind and then you got to act as a blind person. Try to not walk too confident or seem too comfortable. Fun thing is that people often try to ignore people like that. If you have any questions, then now is the time to ask." Koike told her as they kept on walking.

"Right. Sorry, I'm used to just trying not to be noticed." she said softly, then swallowed nervously when he mentioned just leaving her alone. "Is there anything in particular I need to keep an eye out for? Should I play the part of a blind girl who lost her guide, or just a blind girl out and about?" she asked quickly, the second question being geared more towards getting in character. She recalled the brief time she had taken acting lessons as a little girl, and knew that details were important to keeping in character.

"First mission." Was all that Koike said. Letting those words sink in to remind her that she should just be sharp and follow orders Koike threw a look around. It had been quite some time since he had been here. At least, it seemed like a decade but it was just a few years. "You should be the blind girl who you consider being the best in not attracting attention. The trick is to not overthink it. Try to prepare yourself for a role and fit into it. It is more or less just acting while you try to be on the look out for stuff. People who are using their chakra in an active manner or any vantage points you might consider useful. If you do then just start coughing and we will see what we will do with the gained information if you manage to find anything."

Nodding, Tomiko took a deep breath to calm herself. Today, she would just a blind girl who snuck outside. Nothing to gather much interest. "Got it. Is there any other advice you can give me? Else, I am ready when you are." she said softly and continued to walk straight ahead. The whole time, keeping an eye out for anything she might notice as they walked.

"Some people think that by talking to every local that they are blending in." Koike told her, a soft sigh following him. "Ever spoke to a blind person on the streets back home?" He asked her on a calm tone. "Spoke to a person that seemed homeless? Or ever saw a whole group of people interacting with them? Trying to help them?" He was aware that it wasn't really an uplifiting topic for the genin, but he was hoping that she would realise that the grim truth could help her to realise the role of today without breaking the orders of keeping a low profile.

"Most people never bothered with them. The blind ones in particular only seemed to talk to others to apologize for walking into them. I should stay quiet then, for the most part." she said, thinking that she was getting at what Koike was trying to explain to her. She wanted to ensure she did good on this mission, else she'd look like a complete fool and probably not get to go on any more. A small sigh escaped her lips as she gripped his arm gently for a second. "Right. I think I am ready when you are." she said.

"That is what I would advise." Koike mumbled back. As she stated she was ready, Koike would stop walking as he would use a hand to gently push her forwards. "Good luck. First take up a position and then just try to do the rest on your own, kid." Koike said as he would place his hands into the pockets of his coat. Half turning around he would walk into the more bussier section of the street, blending in without much of a try.

As Koike walked away, Tomiko slowly streched a hand out to touch the building she was near. She hesitated for a second before slowly moving forward and keeping a hand on the wall. Trying to keep an uneven pace, as the girl would occsionally pause and put her hand out in front of her as if checking to see if something was there. She slowly continued forward, seeming a bit nervous. Suddenly, the building came to an end as it turned away and into an ally. The girl paused and turned, sticking her arm out in various directions as if trying to see what was nearby. Meanwhile, Tomiko had been keeping an eye on everybody who passed by as well as down the allys inbetween buildings. Aiming to see if she could notice anything odd. After a short moment here, the girl would continue onwards. Stumbling a bit as she left her building to seem like she wasn't sure what was in front of her. Her arm outstretched in order to find the next building; though Tomiko knew exactly where it was in front of her.

Soon enough, the girl reached her target without much incident and continued forward. Stopping occsionally to appear unsure as she continued surveying the area to see if she could find anything interesting. As she moved forward; the girl noticed that the person in front of her seemed to stop to look at something. The girl, figuring a blind person wouldn't know such things, continued moving forward until she bumped into the man. She froze for a moment before taking a step backwards and sticking a hand out to touch the man's arm. After she seemed to notice it was a person, she quickly retracted her arm and allowed color to show in her cheeks. "S-sorry." she said quietly and slowly made her way around the man. Hoping that he wasn't one to be a hothead. Fortunately for Tomiko, she seemed to be lucky in that the man simply grumbled something and turned back to what he was doing. So, she continued along her trek through the city. Just being another girl out and about, though this one happened to be blind one.

After what seemed an enternity of walking, and people going about their daily routine, Tomiko was beginning to think she wouldn't find anything during this mission. Which was a good thing, wasn't it? While boring, she figured that if things were quiet and normal in this city... then perhaps it was safe now. Either way, she was quietly hoping for at least a change in scenery or weather. This dreary rain was beginning to annoy her as it hit the ground at a steady pace. The small splashes getting a bit on her nerves. Under her poncho, the girl slowly dug her nails into her palm to turn her attention away from those thoughts and to the mission at hand. Studying the surroundings and people around here... the girl noticed nothing out of the ordinary as she stuck close to her wall. Well, until she rounded the corner and noticed a large apartment building with the top floor seeming jagged. Not to mention the police tape around the building. Odd.

A chilly breeze seemed to pass the girl as somebody walked past her. For a moment the cloaked person seemed to turn half around. If Tomiko would focus her attention she would notice that the chakra system of the hooded person seemed to have a weird flux, sending another chilly breeze towards her. It seemed that the person was about to turn to Tomiko as his right hand moved to his waist to pull something out of the coat he was wearing. Only to stop as the head twisted quickly. Turning around the unknown figure started to walk quickly away.

As the chilly breeze brushed past the girl, she immdiately focused in on whatever it was that had pushed past her. She continued to walk forwards slowly, not terribly eager to break her cover or anything. When the man's right hand began moving towards his waist and he seemed about to turn towards her, the girl felt her pulse race as she prepared to aim her wristbow. Though the figure quickly stopped and seemed to turn and walk away. Keeping that flux in mind, and scanning the crowds to watch it, she slowly began to turn back and make as if she were going to follow. As she moved, the girl began to start coughing. Hoping that Koike was nearby or something, her pulse racing as she thought back to that chill. Had he been about to attack her? She hoped not, and kept moving slowly in the direction he went, trying to keep distance but still keep an eye on him.

Almost as if he came out of nowhere Koike walked towards Tomiko. He had a few coins held in his hand as he would shake his hand to signal that he had some coins. "Here you go. Need some help?" He asked her on a polite tone. The specialized jounin had kept a close watch of the genin and kept his distance. He had seen some establishments that could serve as points of regrouping and some vantage points. When Tomiko had coughed, Koike wondered what seemed to be the problem as he hadn't been able to catch anything from his point of view that seemed to be heralding trouble.

As Koike approached, the girl nodded in response to his question. Sticking a small hand out towards him, trying to 'find' the source of the voice. One looking would've been able to notice a slight trembling in the outstretched arm. Her attention was still focused on where the man went, but under the blindfold her eyes were wide and face was pale. Looking as if she had just seen a ghost, Tomiko tried to calm herself down. "I-I could use some help" she said quietly.

Wondering if she was in her role or not, Koike paid close attention to the girl's body language. Wrapping an arm around to guide her down the street Koike frowned as he threw a look sideways. "What did you discover? Or who?" He asked, hoping that the girl would just shake off what had troubled her so that they could get on to work. A moment he considered to use the pause to brief in Aiko about that he was on the track of something potential interesting. Deciding against that, he hoped that the Hyuuga was capable of providing him the direction or something of value to report.

Feeling him wrap an arm around, Tomiko made herself jump slightly as if surprised by the movement. Walking alongside Koike, she took a breath to start calming herself before responding. "A man. He had a coat on, and left this cold breeze as he passed me. His chakra system had this very odd flux in it, I've never seen before. He seemed like he was turning towards me and reaching for something in his coat before suddenly turning and heading off that way." she said quietly, pointing slightly towards the direction the man had went. "I'm sure I could identify him by the weird flux again. But... it seemed he was going to attack me. Like he knew or something." She added, then went to racking her mind to see if she could think of any other details that might help Koike.

Hearing what Tomiko said Koike considered their options. He glanced in the direction that she pointed out as he narrowed his eyes slightly. "Good. Lets for now head a bit back. No need to provoke a fight." He told her, patting her shoulder as he would remove his arm around her shoulder. "Not too shabby for a first patrol." He tried to say on a friendly tone as he would move his right hand to his nosebridge. In a subtle manner he would activate his earphone communicator. "Kazumo, regroup at the starting location. Be on the look out as we encountered some hostile contact." Lowering his hand Koike would inform Aiko later on. She probably had her hands full on managing her group.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Sen Cho | Genin | Konoha Team 7 | Hiking

On the Trail (Part Two)

Sen awoke the next morning to the sound of chirping birds, and for a second she laid there in her tent to listen to them. She supposed it was their own unique way of communicating, something no other species could do and she smiled. What if there was a language for just the village to communicate with? It might come in handy if they were ever attacked and didn't want to give away something important. Sen got up and started to pack up her campsite as a bear came into sight. The red headed girl froze not wanting to alert the predator and, watched as it just padded right by the area before it was just a blur in the woods. Once the bear was no longer in sight she finished packing and got on her way towards her destination.

Sen decided to make the most of her hike and started doing some speed intervals. Sprinting for a few minutes before slowing down for a break, and repeating the process over again. Each interval would become longer and longer eventually becoming one long sprint through the trees until a waterfall came into view. Smiling inwards, Sen came to a gradual stop in front of the waterfall and caught her breath. She set her pack down and, walked over to the water peering into it. It wasn't dark so it was a good time to try the chakra control exercise she read about in one of the books. She recalled that she would need to concentrate enough chakra to sustain her weight on the water but not enough to break the surface of the water.

Putting one foot in the water she began to focus her chakra on the sole of her foot and gradually shift some weight onto it. The more weight she put on her foot, the more chakra she had to concentrate. For a brief moment, it felt like she had it right until there was a sudden splash and her foot sunk into the water. It almost sent her into the water but luckily she reacted fast enough to regain her balance. Sen repeated this process several times ultimately getting the same end result each time, and few times she did end up falling into the water.

It was now dark out, and after several failed attempts she stopped to set up camp for the night. Once camp was set up she crawled into her bedroll and fell asleep shortly after closing her eyes.

[fieldbox="Kensuke Nimatsu - Konohagakure Team 7 Jounin, green"]
Keishi

Ezuri could tell them little more than what he released during their first interrogation. The man behind this was the Priest of Threads, a charismatic individual. Undercover fanatic religious groups of thugs abducted children for him for a mysterious purpose. Ezuri was retained to act as rear- and vanguard because of his Byakugan. In addition he served as small-fry insider in the shinobi corps he'd retired from. With that in mind, Kensuke took the time to feel his spite for his former student who'd apparently joined this gang out of misplaced desire of belonging after messing up most of his shinobi career. He strove for recognition, yet found disgrace. The young Hyuuga had been locked inside a new cellar, bound to his chair with two shadow clones as guards, one of them ready at all times to nip any attempt at escape in the bud with sharp steel. The rest of Team 7 were on seperate assignments with the orders to reconvene in the evening to gather and work through new information.

Kensuke got up and left the new hideout, a cellar with only a single lightbulb under an abandoned guard station. The new hideout was unofficial and its location and existence was only known to Team 7. It was a precaution. Kensuke roamed the streets for a while, walking in obfuscating patterns that made his destination and origin a mystery to any observer safe those with the ability to see through walls or track chakra signatures.

After slightly more than an hour the jounin found himself atop a roof, sitting in deep concentration. He bit his thumb and drew the summoning seal in blood and waited. He waited, waited and waited even longer. The sun completed its journey across the sky as he sat there until it began setting in the evening, when a large stray cat brushed past Kensuke and drew him out of his concentration.

"Took you long enough." He said disdainfully. The cat's shape began to change and morphed into one that had the size of a larger dog and an eerily humanlike grin.

"Don't act so surprised." The cat replied with a deep voice that rung with a purring quality. "I never was some lap-dog you could just summon."

"Point taken." Kensuke sighed. He stretched his back and looked at the cat, taking a moment to reminisce about the past he shared with the bakeneko across him.

"You've grown." The demon cat said.

"Enough to attribute at least a part of that to you." Kensuke said begrudgingly.

The cat's smile grew and it stretched itself before settling down. "You flatter me." It said. "I'll do you the honour of saying that I hadn't expected you to learn this so quickly. Humans are remarkably slow in their quick lives."

A small smile broke through on Kensuke's face. "But," The cat continued. "As you went through the hassle of summoning me I'll allow you the urgency you no doubt had when you initially tried to call me. Consider it, ... a favour." The cat sat with purring delight.

The young man laughed, and then rubbed his bandaged knuckles. "Thank you for making time in the endless fight against tedium that must be your life." He said with a mocking smile. "But yes, there is cause for urgency indeed." He then continued. "I have an encrypted letter here for you which I daren't trust any of my direct superiors with given recent circumstances."

"You humans are always so good at skullduggery. I love me a good mystery from time to time. If only you humans weren't constantly plotting!" The cat said, betraying he had a minor interest in the circumstances.

"It's nothing special. Someone wants some people dead, and I'm one of them, amongst other things. I'd appreciate it if you could deliver this information to Hisoka Uchiha in Konohagakure. Or to Zakito Hon, if Hisoka is not available."

The cat grinned a horrible sharp-toothed grin. "Coincidence has it that I was just planning to visit my favourite aunt in the big city. You amuse me swordsman. Maybe I should spend more time in your refreshing companionship." The cat said, and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Kensuke sat there for a few more minutes, contemplating whether or not that was a good or a bad thing.
[/fieldbox]