• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
[fieldbox=A nice talk , yellow]

A collab between Sketcher and Lesli​

[spoili]
Her hands at the back of her head, Saki was heading towards the meeting point. She was considering to spend the afternoon down town, perhaps just shopping a bit. There were a few requirments she wanted to buy later for her equipment as well some dinner she wanted to prepare over a few days. The idea she had was to organize a dinner party. Something she hadn't discussed yet with Hideki. Then again, she had first to know if people would be interested and having time to visit her. And Hideki.

Arriving at Azumi, Saki would head directly towards the lounge area. This time she was sure she was on time.

Katsu arrived outside the lounge a moment after Saki, seeing her walk in. He sped up a bit, walking quickly up to her. "Good morning!"

Lowering her hands, Saki glanced over her shoulder as she heard Katsu's voice. "Good morning to you as well. How are you?" Saki asked as she would turn towards her friend.

"I'm a bit tired from yesterday, but at least I got some sleep," he said. He suddenly grew more cheerful. "How about you?"

"I'm fine. Glad to be back home again." She answered. "Was worried for a moment that we would stay in Keishi for longer." Briefly the young woman paused as she remembered something. "How is your friend doing? I hope he is doing okay."

"I... He's alright, but he's resting," Katsu said, his voice becoming sombre.

"Hope he will be doing fine soon. Anyways, you wanted to see me?" She gestured to an empty booth where they could perhaps sit down and converse about why he had wanted to see her.

He nodded and took his seat, smiling. "I wanted to ask if you could... I mean, you were the one who taught me sensory, so I was wondering if you knew about chakra suppression."

Sitting down, Saki seemed a bit surprised as she would brush a few strands of blonde hair behind her left ear. "Chakra suppression, I know a thing or two about that, yes." For a second she wondered why she was cautious about it. Remembering her own training in the technique, Saki managed to fake a smile. "It is something quite simple in concept. Do you remember that fight before the finals at the tournament? That there was this person who I couldn't sense?"

"The guy in the black mask?"

"Yes, exactly. He used that technique. Quite nifty if you can use it and as well know how to remain stealthy." Saki answered. "I even know that some groups highly value the technique. The Sarutobi rangers for example use the technique while remaining hidden from sight. Then at the last moment," her tone was slowly becoming softer as she then clapped her hands, "snap! Then you got an arrow in the back of your skull and you never will learn what hit you... or well, unless the pointy end sticks out of your forehead."

Listening curiously, Katsu kept his attention on her. He flinched as he heard the 'snap' as if he himself was hit by the arrow.

"Better is that it is one of the very, very few techniques that doesn't leave a chakra trace. You know, when you use ninjutsu that a very small trace of chakra will linger behind? The more chakra you pour into a technique, the stronger the trace. This technique doesn't even use chakra actively in a way that you will run out of it." Saki further explained, slightly grinning as she noticed that he had flinched. "Instead, it is very simple. When you use ninjutsu, the idea is that you mould and use chakra in order to then use a technique. The idea with chakra supression is that you do mould the chakra, but it is sort of... reversed. Spinning and moulding it in a way that it becomes invisible. That is the idea at least." Waiting, she would give him some time to reply or ask any questions he perhaps had.

"Ah... I see. I think. I'm not sure..." The boy gave her a thoughtful, yet somehow still empty look as he pondered on what she'd said. "Could you... show me?"

Saki became silent as she simply stared back at Katsu. Though she kept up her friendly mask, the young woman felt a bit uneasy. Cracking another smile, she nodded. Bringing her hands together, Saki would focus on her chakra as she would breath slower. After two seconds she nodded again. "See for yourself." Almost did she snicker at her own joke.

Katsu's eyes turned red as he nodded. He stared at her for a few seconds before speaking up. "Could you undo it and then redo it?" he asked nervously. "Maybe I could get a good idea like that."

Simply nodding, Saki would start to flicker a few times with her chakra. Suppressing it and then stopping it. Deciding to show another result, she would also start to suppress the chakra at her right arm and allowing him to see her chakra at her left shoulder. Continue to do so, she would eventually stop and suppress her chakra again. "Quite useful no? This technique means that Uchiha, Hyuuga, sensors and all those who could pick up a trace of my chakra signature wouldn't be capable of doing that unless I want them to. Though the downside is that I can't use chakra for ninjutsu. Even if I would like say, not suppress the chakra at my hands."

His eyes returned to their normal green as he nodded. "Hm... I've never really tried anything like this but lemme see," he said, closing his eyes and concentrating. After a few seconds, he opened one eye and looked at her. "I... I'm not sure if I'm doing it right."

"One way to find out." Saki cheerfully replied as she would use her sensory technique. She replied again, a second later. "Okay, well, seem that either your chakra reserves have diminished or you're getting there. Try to not force it. It is like breathing, you see? Do it slowly. Breath in and then wait a second. Breath out. Breath in, wait a second and breath out. Then just let your chakra do the work."

Katsu took a deep breath in and held it for a few moments. He let the air flutter out before breathing in again, quietly. Closing his eyes, Katsu concentrated again.

First she wanted to tell him that he shouldn't try to suffocate himself. Second she wanted to snicker, but she decided against both. Letting him focus on the job, Saki kept a watch over his chakra. First she couldn't detect any chakra at his stomach area. Then suddenly his right foot seemed to lack chakra as it started to 'spread'. Frowning, Saki would keep focusing on trying to trace any of his chakra. "You seem to got the basic. It is really a pull to find your chakra. It isn't perfect, but it will be damn hard for a sensor to know you're there." The girl said. "If you want to practice this technique, I can recommend to do this with your sensory technique. You can make a solid clone, no?"

"Oh, that could work!" the boy said cheerfully as he stopped the suppression.

"Heh, I do hope so. I never was taught how to make a solid clone, but in theory it should work." Saki replied. "Cause the thing is that you can't mould and thus use any chakra once you start to supress it. But that doesn't mean you supress the chakra of a solid clone that can act more independently from your chakra." She said. Crossing her arms out front of her chest, Saki paused for a second. "Though I have two small requests in return for the knowledge and technique I gave you."

"Sure. What do you need?" he asked enthusiastically.

"First, I know what you said about your eyes. But I have been thinking and this does show what they are. They might seem as some cheap trick to easily copy and learn complex techniques. After all, I spend a few good months to even get to the basics." A light snicker escaped Saki, but it seemed sort of faked. "Thus I would like to request you to not shun too far away from using them. I don't want to say you do though!" She added the last sentence, hoping that she wasn't offending him. But she had been thinking on what some people had said about the Uchiha and their sharingan. "Second, I would like to talk about your dojutsu. After all, I sometimes get the feeling you don't even want it. Though that might just be me being slightly dumb, heh."

"Hum.... I understand," Katsu said, not sure why she'd said that. His voice got more playful again. "Oh... Alright, we can talk about it! What did you want to know?" He pressed his chin against his intertwined fingers, his elbows leaned on the table with his back slumped as he was leaning forward.

"Glad to hear so." She paused as she quickly sought for the words. "I first do want to state that I just notice it and that I don't wish to insult you or your clan. Nor that I am a huge fan of the dojutsu. In fact, I wish I would have it." Snickering, Saki raised her hands by a bit. "Not that I do think I should even think of trying to ask for one or attempt to steal it. Only would consider it if the sharingan would come in pale blue... anyways," Clearing her throat softly, she became a bit more serious. "It is just a pattern I keep seeing. You train and work without your sharingan. And for good reasons, but I just get the idea that you're slowly trying to push it away unless you really need it."

"Ah..." Katsu straightened his back and glanced up as he spoke. "Well, that's actually... I'm not as good as you guys when it comes to things like Silent Killing, and using eyes that can perceive like the sharingan does during anything except when I'm pressed won't let my ears develop. I want to be aware of my surroundings even if someone takes away my eyesight. Or if they're hiding their chakra. That's one of the other reasons, you see."

"Oh, but Katsu." Saki shook her head lightly. "There are of course a few things that will take time to learn. You're young and already a chuunin. I was a chuunin at the age of sixteen. Took me quite some work before I had reached that peak and it took quite some time. Then again, are you happy that you got those eyes? I mean, I don't want to sound like a shrink though... sorry if I do..."

"It's okay," Katsu said, sounding a bit surprised at what she'd said at the end. Thinking for a moment, he remembered that she had sounded a bit unsure throughout the conversation. "Well, yes, I mean.... Yeah, they helped me in critical times. I'm glad that I have some sort of... trump card, I suppose."

"And yet you don't sound that eager about it." Saki softly said. "If you truly are bothered by it, how about we perhaps exchange a deal. If you honestly tell me if you are or aren't happy with the sharingan, I will tell you honestly why I think you're a great shinobi already. Sounds fair, no?"

"Having it has no downsides," Katsu said, smiling. "If it helps me survive and keep up with you and Koike as much as possible, then I'm happy to have it."

"That might be somewhat true." Saki said, glad with the answer. Though she felt a bit ashamed as she felt that this was quite personal, Saki decided to state something. "There are some people who will loath you for it. I just kind of want you to know that... well, you know. You use your eyes to keep up with me and Koike, but that if somebody ever threatens you wrong that I'm there for you." A soft chuckle escaped her. "You watch my back and I will try to watch yours. You know, not like team members but like siblings." Hoping he wouldn't find it too weird, Saki flashed a genuine warm smile.

"Of course! But... Loath me?" Katsu repeated, confused. "Though, it's your turn to speak up, remember?"

"You didn't hear it then?" Saki asked confused for a second as she then smiled. "I believe you're a good shinobi cause you're loyal. I find loyalty quite important you see. But it doesn't just work the way to be loyal to your superiors, but to your friends as well. If I need to pick you or a whole army to guard my back, I rather have you. Cause I rather have a loyal friend helping me out than a whole batch that I might not be able to trust, y'know?"

Katsu grinned with a childish satisfaction. "Hehe..." He waited for a few moments before speaking again. "Heard what?"

"Fucking Uchiha? Even though there was no real hint that you were one? During the finals." Saki frowned slightly. "It was around the end of the match. Then there are always people who loath kekkei genkei because they feel that it gives you an unfair advantage over them. Just to be born with something that others need to work hard for it."

"Oh... I thought that was..." His head lowered as he thought for a bit. He looked up at her, smiling. "I guess I'm lucky. I get an easy way to see who not to be friends with."

She felt more guilty when he lowered his head. Perhaps she should've kept her trap shut. Her guilt didn't ebb away as he smiled again. "That is one way to look at it." Realizing that it was a potential pun as what he also had said, Saki didn't find it a subject to be laughing about. "I guess what I was trying to tell you that you know, that if there is something bothering you that not only Koike is there for you. I will do my best to help you as well. Even if it is the girlfriend of our team leader."

Katsu snickered joyfully. "Thanks. And, you know... I got your back too!" he said enthusiastically. "I mean... I don't think you'd get on anyone's bad side, but you get what I mean."

The young woman laughed a bit. "Oh, I tend to have that a bad day and then getting on people's bad side. The thing is," Saki winked at him, "I was told to be silent if I didn't know anything friendly to say. Thus I have nothing to say against those who I consider to be acting as jerks."

"Last time I tried to calm someone down, I got punched in the face," Katsu sighed. "But then things escalated... I can't really keep myself in check in everyday life. Koike says I swear too much, too..."

"Auw." She replied. "Can't blame you. Everybody has their limitations. I tend to just walk away or grow silent. And sometimes get a bit snarky and sassy. Heh." Scratching her neck, Saki paused for a moment. "Though I've never been punched in the face. Then again, I don't even try to calm people down unless I really know them well."

"Well, he was about to start a fight with Koike. In the end, that still happened," he said. His voice had a hint of surprise when he spoke again. "Wait, you've never been punched in the face? Never?"

"No." Her eyes lifted a bit as she thought about it. "Never got punched in the face. Not in a mission or outside it. I tend to be capable of making people believe I back down or just strike first and not allowing them to hit me in the face. It is all I have, no?" She replied, laughing a bit.

"Wow... You're really strong," Katsu said, smiling. "I doubt no one ever got a chance to fight you face to face without being tricked, so all I can attribute that to is your skill."

"Wait, me strong? I-I am not really strong." Saki said, frowning. "I just happen to be clever and lucky enough to not get punched in the face. Sounds like a painful happening. Not eager to experience it."

"For whatever reason that may be," he said, pausing for a moment. "Thanks for... you know, looking out for me and taking your time to help me with this."

"No need to thank me. It is what we're friends for." She said in reply. "Oh, before I forget, I am organizing a dinner party at my home in a few days. I would love it if you would come. I don't think you have met Hiki- I mean, sorry, Hideki, no?"

"Er... No, I don't think I know a Hideki. But I'd love to be there!"

Getting up, Saki flashed a big smile. "Great! I will make sure that you get the address later. Take care Katsu and watch out for punches." As she would walk by, she briefly ruffled his hair before leaving the place. She had some shopping to do.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Just walking down the street... ,green ]
An unexpected meeting,

A collab made between Sketching and Lesli,

Summary :
Aiko and Katsu bump into each other on the street

[spoili]

The market seemed to be buzzling with activity. People praising their wares and inviting interested bypassers in sharing a cup of tea while attempting to make lucrative deals. Even though she was the clan leader, Aiko managed to remain on the background. Clothed simple, she didn't seem to stand out nor made the impression with showing interest in the wares that were praised. They weren't exotic nor special in any way. Grain, clothing and the necessities that the commoners needed.

Glancing however at a lucky charm stand, Aiko wondered if she should take a look. The old man who managed the stand seemed to have a good day, judging from the smile present on his lips. Heading in a calm pace towards it, seeing that she had to manouvre through the crowd of other interested people that had came to the market.

"Oof!" A young boy bumped into her with bags in his hands, unable to see from the groceries, finding himself on the ground a moment later with his bags scattered in front of him.

"Ai." Managing to keep standing, Aiko frowned as she glanced at the person who she had bumped into. "I'm so sorry, I..." The young boy was awfully familiar. Crouching to help him with one of the bags, she noticed his face. "Oh. Hey." Her eyes lowered, still helping to clean up one of the bags.

Katsu didn't look up, keeping his eyes on the ground as he continued to tidy up the groceries he'd dropped. "Sorry," he said quickly. "I couldn't see."

"I noticed." The woman mumbled. Helping with another bag, she would let out a sigh. It felt awkward, but she blamed herself for it. "How are you doing?" She decided to ask the most uncommon question ever.

The boy first looked up only when he was reaching for the bag she'd tidied up. "I'm fine," he said hurriedly.

Holding on to the bag, Aiko kept a calm expression up. "Then you wouldn't mind if I accompany you? I finally got some free time, care to spend it a bit together?"

Katsu brought his thumb up to his lips, biting on it nervously for a moment. After realizing something, he nodded. "Um... Sure."

"Glad to hear so." Holding the bag up to him, Aiko eyed him. "How are the new rules treating you? I haven't yet had the time to see if you were living up to them."

The boy kept quiet, getting up to his feet, averting his eyes.

Sighing, Aiko glanced the other way. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she would gently push him to walk with her. "Last time I had been too angry. I should've approached that situation differently." Squeezing softly into his shoulder, Aiko paused."I shouldn't treat a son like that. I'm sorry."

Katsu flinched at the soft squeeze but kept walking alongside her, his bags in hand.

Noticing the silence, Aiko thought of something else. "I doubt it will come over as a surprise to you. But there was a clan meeting. During the event, I spoke with Shozo. I take it you're familiar with the name?" Aiko asked, glancing sideways at his direction.

Katsu nodded. "Of course," he said. "My clan's leader... I mean, I know the name, but I've never seen him."

"That's fine. No real need for it. Only reason why I began about it is that I told him about you. If my memory serves me correctly, my words were that you're a splendid shinobi. A good kid. And that you're one of my own cubs." Aiko simply looked in front of her as she said the words in a calm manner. "He gave his approval and blessing, thus I suppose it is now official. Granted you still wish me as your guardian..."

The boy wanted to object at what she'd said she'd said during the meeting but kept himself quiet. "It's... not like I have another place to go," he joked, giving her a brief grin.

"Oh?" Aiko seemed to look for something as her left hand would go into her pockets. Pulling out her wallet, she would simply take out some money. "This should easily suffice. With your current occupation, I wager you can easily arrange---"

"I was joking," he elaborated, glancing at her.

Putting the money back as well as her wallet, Aiko sighed. "You better. I would've likely start crying." She paused, not looking in his direction. "You know that I love and care for you, don't you?"

Katsu remained quiet for a few seconds before nodding even if she wasn't looking. "I... yes, I know. I know that."

"Glad that the feeling is returned." Aiko scoffed.

"I..." He paused for a moment before continuing. "I knew it then too, but..." He wanted to complain but knew that whining wouldn't help anything, nor would it be fair of him.

"It is fine, Katsu. It is fine. Next time, I will be less overprotective. I think that I might have made it clear to a lot of people that I don't accept anybody to harm those I call cubs." Aiko let out a giggle as she could remember her proposals that she had made. "But I did need to make a promise you won't forget your roots. That was Shozo's only request. Though then again, I doubt you would." She seemed to think about something. "Then again, you're what they call... Wolf-friend, no? I think it would be interesting to state there is something now as an Uchihon roaming about."

"W... Wolf-friend?" Katsu asked. It surprised him that they had a name for people partnered with direwolves. "But... I suppose I'll go to the compound at some point."

"And learn more about other cultures. Tsk tsk tsk." Her voice did seem to turn more cheerful. "You didn't know that there was a name for those who earned the friendship of a Hon direwolf? You're not a Hon after all, so that is why you're being called like that. Well, and probably because you're close with Koike. It isn't anything bad, I imagine." Aiko said. Glancing at him, she raised a hand and ruffled through his hair. "Talking about him, have you seen him lately? He and I need to.... talk."

"Er... I have been seeing him from time to time, yes," Katsu said, nodding. "I wouldn't know where his new place is, though..."

"Good." Glancing around, she seemed to grow more wary. "I need to see him. Very fast. Can we perhaps talk? I reckon you would be able to catch him easier than I could." Though she smiled, a certain tone made it seem off.

"Uhm... Wh... What about?"

"We can't talk here. Can we perhaps go to your place or..." Aiko thought about it. "Or we can go to the Cho Temple. Either way, I can't disclose this in the open. I rather not stir.... others." She spoken the last sentence with a hushed tone, hoping he would understand it as she glanced around.

The boy looked up with curiosity. "Um... Well, my place isn't really too clean..."

"Then we can go to the Cho Temple. Come. We will later bring those groceries back... and you will then clean up." Aiko raised an eyebrow before she would start to walk into the direction of the structure in the middle of the compound. As they would arrive a short while later, it was as usual quiet and peaceful. Compared to the market at least. Walking through the hall, Aiko seemed to be in a bit of a haste as she would make way to the library. Opening the thick door, nobody was inside.

"Good. Drop your bags there and take a seat." She told him, closing and locking the doors behind her.

Glancing up, Katsu nodded. After dropping the bags aside, he walked over and sat on the chair, tapping his fingers on his legs.

"It is a bit long to explain all of it, but I take it you know of Korina and Koike?" She asked, walking to a lighted candle. The library seemed rather gloomy and dark as not all the candles were lit. Opening the protective glass, to prevent the fire from reaching one of the books, Aiko would carefully light up a long match.

"Er... Yes, I had... heard of it. Though I haven't really met the former face to face in the literal sense."

"Just the tournament, huh?" Aiko mumbled, as she would lit several candles. Blowing gently, not wanting to put a burning match on the table, Aiko sat down. "Hmmm, where to start. Okay, it is rather simple. The clan meeting had a purpose. It was an attempt to bring the clans together. Or at least a bit closer. Shozo made a friendly gesture and thus suggested to propose a match for the White Blade. Koike. As you can imagine, Korina wasn't too fond of it." Aiko explained with a soft voice. "But it wasn't for political gain. The Uchiha and Hon haven't been that relatively close. It was an attempt to make a start. My husband, the leader of the Hon, tried to friendly approach it. He didn't know of Korina and Koike... He... is a busy man, you see." Aiko wavered, hoping he would actually understand it.

Katsu listened closely, his head leaning on his palm.

"The point is that if Koike would enter a marriage with Korina, he..." The woman found it hard to explain it. The idea didn't sit that well with her. Korina was a student of hers, which mean she felt inclinced to support her student somewhat. Though, Koike was her nephew. Perhaps not in blood, but in heart he was family. She could remember the days he had been running around, dragged by Miharu to go on adventures. "If he marries her, he will be needed to forget about his old life. I didn't ask for the details. But I imagine that it is clear that does mean to a certain extent his culture... traditions and..." She grew silent, her eyes averting as they would lower her gaze.

"He wouldn't do that," Katsu said, not really sounding worried or nervous. "It's not like him to just accept something like that. Giving up himself and all that..."

The woman shook her head lightly. "There is more. If... he accepts and he marries her. He will get a seal. To surpress bad memories. I..." The woman grew silent for a second. "I have been a horrible person. I taught him how to be an assassin. I made him do horrible things.... I don't want him to... forget about me." The voice of Aiko started to shake as her shoulders would lightly tremble.

"If we're talking about the same Koike, then there's no possible way he'd accept such an offer," Katsu said again. "I think he knows more than anyone that happiness is all there is for people."

"I just don't know what to do." She replied. "It is... also not an offer, cub. It is forced." The woman took a deep breath.

"Forced? Who's left to force him to marry anyone?"

She smiled as she shook her head lightly, again. "No, that isn't forced. The seal, to surpress his bad memories. If he enters the clan and they know of his past or learn of it... He will get one. That much I understood from what was being said."

"He wouldn't marry her, then," he said, his voice growing a bit fainter.

"Katsu." Aiko started. "I don't know. There is a possibility." She said. "Love make blind after all."

"He wasn't really too reluctant to fight her," he said quietly.

"You know that doesn't help..." She whispered. "I just need somebody to make it clear to him before it is too late. Korina is student of mine, but... Koike is more. I think you understand, don't you?"

"You want me to talk to him?"

"Not if you want to. I just need him to know I want to talk to him." Aiko answered. "I am not against him marrying Korina. I am not against their relationship. I am against the... giving up." The last two words were more whispers than anything else.

"I'll... I'll tell him to give you a visit," he said, nodding.

"Good. Though, I suppose I should inform you that there is more." She briefly seemed to be hesistant to talk about it. Politics probably wasn't an interesting topic in his opinion. But it was important. "Shozo's request will likely still stand. I couldn't rebuke it due to Koike having a relationship as the gesture was a friendly one. I have arranged that if Koike would meet Shozo and the person he... will recommend, will mean I will accompany him. Though, is there anybody you know that can help with this? You know... to prevent Koike from making a decision he is going to regret. Cause if he thinks it is going to be his duty to marry one or another..."

"I'll ask a few friends to see if they'd be willing to input their opinions," he said.

"Thanks. I will try to research some more. But before this ends in a wrong way, I want to be sure that he doesn't end up and forgetting who he was or is." Her voice gained a bit of strength back. "And do remember, this counts for you as well. I won't let you be taken away that easily as well." Smiling, she ruffled against through his hair. "Now before I need to get going, time to clean up our home."

"I'm 13," he mumbled, not wanting to think about 'losing himself' in a marriage. He grabbed his bags and opened the door, turning to her one last time as if to say something but left quietly.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Training! , red]

A collab between Sketcher and Lesli​

[spoili]
Her eyes closed, Aiko had her hands closed. Her right hand formed a fist, against the palm of her left hand. Hanging upside down, her legs hooking her at a branch, she focused on her breathing. Staying silent, she could hear the person who would be hanging next to her as they would continue the meditation as stamina training. There was also some slight of silent killing practice as they would need to listen to every sound. Place it and memorize it.

To focus on his hearing, the young boy had stopped moulding his chakra and shut off his sensory. He found it much easier to concentrate, as he only listened again to understand what was going on around him, where the wind was blowing strong and where the grass was whistling.

A smile crept on her lips as the silence would continue on. It was slowly becoming harder to hang still and focus as the blood in their body would go down. She imagined how they both would like as two weird tomato's. But nobody had likely the intention to come near the spot that they were using for their own training. With the minutes slowly passing by, Aiko's lips parted. A soft sigh would herald the end of the hanging. In a nimble movement, the woman would drop herself from the branch and land on her feet. "Good job." Running a hand through her hair, the jounin smiled. "You held it longer out than last time, bravo!"

Katsu opened his eyes and looked at the upside down woman, thinking how silly it was for her to be like that. And the sky as well. And everything else. After a moment, he was reminded of his disposition as he quickly pulled himself up over the branch with his legs and landed on the other side, huffing.

"Good! Next part! Remember how fun that was the first time?" Aiko asked, a chuckle escaping her as she would gesture to the wooden blocks. Walking to one, she stretched her arms briefly. Placing her hands on both opposite ends of the block, she would breathe in. With a hop, her legs would be kept up as she seemed to focus on keeping herself still, though her arms trembled underneath her own weight.

"I... I don't, actually. It might be the blood running to my brain, though," he said, shaking his head violently as if to get something inside unstuck. "But I remember this one," Katsu remarked, gulping, walking over. He took a deep breath before doing the same on the other. "Hup..."

A frown stayed on Aiko's face as she tried to keep herself in balance. After a minute of two, the woman would stop. Letting her feet touch the ground, she let out a deep sigh. "I hate that exercise so much." She muttered, keep standing as she would roll with her shoulders. "Still holding up?" She asked, quite cheerful.

Katsu didn't answer as he couldn't really afford to speak. He let himself down slowly and landed on one feet at a time before letting go of the wood. "Thankfully I'm--Eh... nevermind."

Stretching her arms and legs, Aiko thought of the next exercise. "Now that we're warmed up, how about the old waterfall exercise as break?" Aiko suggested. "You know, the one where you need to stare at it. And when you hear something, but not able to place it or guess it well, I am allowed to whack you head."

"Ehe... Uhm... Sure," Katsu said with a hint of uncertainty in his voice. But it might be a good way to clear out the blood in his head. "Let's go!"

"That's the spirit."

A blade of grass whiped up and down as Aiko moved her lips. Her green eyes were focused on the green object, while she did keep watch of their surrounding. The sound of the waterfall was loud, but that didn't rule out the other sounds in their surrounding. Hearing something on their two o' clock, the woman froze. Her left hand at the ready for the wack.

"Will you throw the object yourself?" Katsu asked, tilting his head, not having noted any sound.

"No." A light tap would follow against the back of Katsu's head. "Just try to pick out sounds from the background. Then how far and what direction they are at. Not pin point accuracy though, but a good guess."

"Aouhw! Okay, I got it," he said, pouting as he concentrated again.

Becoming silent, Aiko focused her attention back on the blade of grass. Moving her lips to make it move, the adult woman had really no problem that she was perhaps acting a bit childish. It was one of the sparse days where she could spend time like this after all. Hearing something above them, she instantly traveled her attention back at Katsu to make sure he would keep staring at the waterfall.

Katsu's eyes were closed as he tilted his head up, paying his attention to the sound above them for a moment before lowering his head again and pointing to where he'd heard the sound.

"Good, distance?" It was a mere whisper, as Aiko waited for the answer.

"Uh..." Katsu clenching his teeth as if preparing.

"Around ten meters." Aiko friendly said, no whack coming as she focused back on the blade of grass. Frowning, she did decide to look the other way and spit the grass blade away from her lips. Leaning a bit backwards, she would support herself with placing her hands a bit further back.

Katsu reached his arm out to point towards the sound but his arm couldn't reach out straightly, his finger running into his teacher's cheek. "Uh..." He opened his eyes and laughed nervously. "F... five centimeters?"

Her eyes widened a bit as they would then travel her gaze to the finger of Katsu. "Euh..." Blinking twice, the woman would then burst out in laughter. Managing to calm herself down though, she nodded twice. "Yes, sorry." Snorting, the woman would be silent again as she kept a smile one her lips. Crossing her legs, she would enjoy the peace and quiet.

Biting his lower lip, Katsu brought his hands together and stretched his fingers before closing his eyes again, concentrating on his surroundings. After a few more minutes of pointing and distance-estimating, an uncanny silence set in, with the exception of the constant roaring of the waterfall.

"Rather quiet today, huh?" Aiko decided to speak up, wondering if they should continue. "Doubt this is really going to advance your silent Killing further than it already has. Hmmm." Laying on her back, she placed her hands at the back of her head. "I could try to think of some other trainings. But doubt that they will be a real challenge for you."

"Maybe the basics trainings might not be much trouble, but there's always something that is, isn't there?" he asked, opening his eyes and relaxing his shoulders with a relieved sigh.

"Hmmmmm." She thought about it. "We could have a spar. But then again, that isn't really training. Or we can just take it easy. When was it for the last time that we both just took it easy? No training. No stressing?" She asked. Glancing at him, she raised her eyebrows. "I mean, I made sure that I got today free. I am not sure if there is something on your agenda for today."

"I... I don't have any other plans today, but we've still got the whole day. Could we perhaps keep training till... I don't know..." Katsu's tone wasn't sure but his demeanor didn't give any sight of giving in. "I just want to be ready, next time. I can't spend my whole day complacently..."

"Ready for the next tournament?" Aiko calmly asked as she closed her eyes. "Believe me, you're ready. The way how you operated in the last one? I believe that you're close on his heels and soon enough, I will not be able to teach---"

"I wasn't ready during that meeting," he said quietly. "I... I can't tell myself I'm ready after leaving Tanpo vulnerable, and leaving Koike alone to pursue the enemy..."

"Hm? What do you mean?" She looked a bit surprised, opening her eyes again as she wondered what he meant. Of course she was well aware that he had been selected and being part of the Guardians. If anything, she wanted to boast about it as not everybody got selected to be part of that unit. "What happened?"

Katsu's eyes opened wide as he realized she hadn't been informed about what had happened. Though that shouldn't have come as much of a shock, since who else was going to tell her. "It... I ran ahead into a dangerous position and so we got seperated and... I just want to be more prepared when I have to fight for... I want to be more than ready is all..."

She became silent. For a second she wanted to tell him that this was what she meant before. But it wouldn't leave her lips. "Fair enough. Back to training then." Getting up, Aiko would let out a soft sigh. "If I had known..." She started, though she knew better. What if she had known? Would she have run off to come and help him? No clue on the situation and just dumb charged into an ongoing operation? "Glad you're okay though. Now, you want to be more prepared. But then I need to know, what do you want to prepare?"

"I can sneak around fairly well and with that, it's usually a lot easier than it should be. I can fight with or without my eyes but... I definitely need help with the fighting part," he said, getting up. "So my priority is mostly traditional combat."

"Thus hand to hand combat and weaponry?" She asked in return. But she started to think about it. Then she gained an idea. "Okay, I can help with taijutsu. Perhaps I can teach you a trick or two. We almost have the same style anyways, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. As for weaponry, we will get later to that. Okay?"

"Okay!" Katsu hopped onto the land from the small island of a rock.

"Okay, lets start with a small test. First person to be swept off his or her feet or landing on the ground or water has lost. Ready?" Aiko cracked her knuckles as she would walk on the water, taking a few steps.

Katsu nodded, thinking back to his last taijutsu training. Though that wasn't on a terrain like water. The boy hopped on the surface of the water and skidded to position, keeping his hands up. "Ready."

Raising her hands a bit, Aiko took a moment, eyeing the boy's stance. Stepping forward, she would seem to raise her right leg for a high kick. Instead, she wouldn't lash out with a kick, but turn and attempt to deliver a roundhouse kick towards the upper body of the boy.

Katsu quickly lowered his body in response but his legs skidded away a bit in the process. "Whoa!" As the kick went over him, he jumped back, skidding on the water away from her.

Landing on the water, Aiko wouldn't follow up with another attack. Rolling with her left shoulder a bit, her right hand lowered a bit. Taking a few steps the right, she halted and waited.

Katsu rushed forward, closing in with a sideways swipe of the arm.

As he came closer, Aiko would lower one foot into the water. Waiting for the right moment, she would kick it up with the intension to splatter water towards Katsu's face as her right hand moved up.

Katsu shut his eyes tight as the splash of water got to his head, but kept himself moving. He quickly followed up with a low sweep of the leg towards the foot she was using to grab onto the water while the other had thrown the water.

Blocking the swipe, Aiko noticed the movement. A short jump up was the following as she would try to kick Katsu backwards as well pushing herself a bit backwards from him by doing so.

Grunting, Katsu skidded to the side to avoid the kick.

Landing on the water again, Aiko breathed out. Raising her hands in defence, she smiled. "Come on, just getting started."

The boy rubbed his eyes, getting the water out of the way and opened them, turning them red as he rushed forward again.

"Time to become serious then." She muttered, noticing the red eyes as he approached her. Taking it more serious, Aiko readied with clenching her hands into fist as she waited for his attack.

Jumping up high, up to the point that his waist would be just above Aiko's head, Katsu swept one foot downwards towards her while preparing the other.

Evading the kick with leaning away, Aiko would attempt to grab the ankle of the foot - the one that Katsu used for his kick. In an attempt to free his grabbed leg, Katsu brought down the other, turning his upper body like a spring getting tightened.
Bit surprised, Aiko breathed in as she would tighten her grip and raise her other hand. Not to grab the other leg as well, but to lean again a bit away and push the leg away from her. "Huh?" Katsu's foot missed and with the speed of its swing, went down. As his other leg got pushed away, out of balance, the boy crashed into the water. After a moment, he resurfaced, spitting out water.

Helping him up, Aiko looked for a moment worried. Though she wouldn't forget that this was all about to help improve his taijutsu. "Well? Where did it go wrong?" She asked, after being sure he wasn't spitting out water, but being able to give an answer back.

"When I couldn't free myself from the grab," he grumbled as he pulled himself back up, pressing on the water with his hands. "I should've gone for the arm with the second kick."

"Wrong, cub. When you come in attacking, try to go for a feign. I can't say that kicking high is a bad thing. I tried to throw you off with a first feign anyways." Ruffling his hair, she would straighten her back. "Just keep watching your opponent. Don't block, but try to aim to evade and parry. Just like I did. I aim to bring somebody rather out of balance and then finish them then to go through blocking and trying to crush through their defence."

"Feigning always feels like a loss of time and energy... If someone sees through it, I'd be open, wouldn't I?" he asked getting to his feet. "I mean, they might flinch out of reflex, but it's not the exact same movement as an actual hit..."

"Mhm, sometimes it leaves you open. But that is why you need to practice it. Somebody who can feign attacks pretty well, usually keeps an attack at the ready to make use of that flinch or reflex. Depends also on what you know about the target." She explained. "I won't really be eager to use feigns when fighting a more experienced foe than a genin, so to say."

"It wouldn't then be wise to use one against you," Katsu joked, chuckling as he skidded back and got into his stance.

"Mmmmm, never too late to try." Also dropping back into her stance, Aiko would think about something. "Though, I do wonder." Lowering her hands for a moment, Aiko frowned. "Do you know what is really helpful in a taijutsu fight?"

Katsu lowered his arms for a moment. Raising an eyebrow, the boy answered. "N... No. What's really helpful in a taijutsu fight?"

Suddenly the woman skidded forward, intending to land a kick at the boy's right leg.

Letting out a quiet squeal, Katsu jumped and swung his own foot horizontally, towards her side.

Narrowing her eyes, Aiko would lower herself to let the kick pass over her. Instead of trying to grab his leg or ankle, again, her left hand shot up to grab the boy by his waist.

Katsu kicked at the left hand with his other leg, trying to hit it to get it away from him.

Feeling how her hand was kicked away, Aiko smiled. Lowering the hand, she would crouch a bit again as she would use her right hand to try to push him off balance as he would need to come down.

Bringing his hands in front of the attack, Katsu skidded backwards right upon landing due to the impact.

"Surprise." Aiko stated as she would straighten her back. "Make an enemy lower their guard and then strike. Hmmm, remember that mission against Nakashima Senju?" The woman calmly stated, even placing her left hand on her hip.

Katsu straightened his back and stretched his arms. "Er... Yes, I think I get what you mean," he said.

"Good. Well, am waiting, cub." Aiko tilted her head slightly, tapping with her left foot on the water surface.

Katsu nodded, flexing his wrists, taking his stance again, slowly moving forward, one step at a time.

Flexing her fingers, Aiko breathed slowly in and out as she spread her footwork by a bit.

After a few steps, Katsu dashed forward, aiming a punch to her right shoulder with his left fist.

Attempting to catch the punch, Aiko readied her own attack by clenching her left hand into a fist.

As his fist got caught, he pulled up his other arm to the side of his head to anticipate and parry the next blow.

In a quick movement, Aiko would however raise her left knee up as she tried to pull him closer by his caught fist.

Katsu brought his free hand down to the rising knee to push himself up more than to block it as he brought his own left leg up for a kick from the side.

Surprised by the movement, Aiko was forced to release his fist as well to bring up her free arm to block the movement. "Tch." Feeling the pressure behind the kick, Aiko attempted to keep holding her balance.

The boy looked for her eyes as he brought his other leg up to try to lock the arm blocking his other kick.

Noticing the following up movement, Aiko gritted her teeth as she wasn't able to pull her arm back. Instead, she would attempt to bring the boy down to the water surface by lowering herself to one knee.

Using the momentum of her lowering arm as his back slammed on the water, not having sunk, he pushed up the leg that locked up to try to sweep her off her feet and on the other side with the roll.

Aiko's eyes widened as she felt the sweep and though she tried to keep herself from falling into the water, the woman was forced to squeeze her eyes shut as she fell into it. A moment later Aiko's head resurfaced as she coughed a few times.

Katsu scurried to his feet immediately after he heard the splash, looking below in a moment of panic to see if a hand would come out and pull him under, but he let out a sigh of relief when he noticed that she'd resurfaced. "I... I did it! I knocked you off your feet!"

Placing her hands above the surface of the water, Aiko would climb up as she focused her chakra at her hand and feet to get out. Raising both hands to remove the red hair in front of her face, Aiko couldn't help but to chuckle. "You certainly did. Man, that water is cold."

Snickering, Katsu had a childishly proud grin on his lips. "Hehe... Well, that was why we used it, wasn't it?"

"I suppose so. Think that was enough for today." She started to laugh for a few seconds. "Cause if you don't mind, I am not looking out for another swim. Told you that you were getting better. I even didn't hold that much back as I used to... when.. you know." Her voice trailed off for a moment, ending in a pause. "Odd thing. I still see you and other students as genin, while you lot clearly are passing that station."

"Well..." His eyes returned to their regular jade green. "We all still have some ways to go, right? Even him," he said, grumbling the last words. "I mean... At least I know I still need some help..."

For a second Aiko wasn't sure who he meant, but then it seemed to dawn on her. "Ah yes. Heh, to be honest, we all still have some ways to go. Am after all not old yet, am I?" However, she didn't seem to wait for an answer as she continued. "He knows it too. But he just asks it in a different way. Just wait, I suspect that by time he will show it more." The woman said, starting to brush more strands of wet hair from her face.

"I suppose..." He put his hand on his stomach as he heard a faint noise. "I am kind of hungry. Could we go and... eat something?"

"Yeah, sounds good." She joked as she would roll her left shoulder. "Who's turn to pay for the lunch this time?" Aiko asked, hoping that she would dry up soon - even with the less warmer sun thanks to the current season. She wasn't fond of the idea of receiving a cold after all.

"Huh? I don't have any money on me," Katsu said, turning his pockets inside out.

"I suppose I treat us, again. Means you got to pay the next two times." Aiko stated, though she didn't seem to find it a problem at all. Smiling, she would pause for a second as she already turned. "Lets go for... dangoes."
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Gerontis
Hideki Hyuuga
Sage of the Six Paths
Konohagakure

Books and Hoes Cats

Hideki flipped through the pages of the book, his feet dangling off the opposite sofa arm. A lukewarm sensation enveloped the right side of his face, the wet towel leaving an interstice for his one eye to peek through. Saki had gone out on a few errands; she'd mentioned something about buying groceries and meeting up with a friend, if he remembered correctly; he may or may not have been drifting in and out of sleep as she briefed him. Maybe they were cooking something? Oh well, as long as he wouldn't be the one to handle the seasoning.

Returning his attention to the book, he exhaled through his nose. This chapter in particular detailed the mucous membrane and its bodily functions, dwelling into excessive detail regarding its endodermal origin and intertwining relationship with the Chakra Circulatory System in certain sections of the human body, chiefly the face - with zero connection to the genitals. The Azumi librarian who'd lent him the book had hinted at Kirigakure origin, though neither the barren bibliography nor appendix offered any confirmation.

As a matter of fact, the book was crucially lacking in table of content. Excluding an index and the subject-specific material - a treatise on human anatomy, autopsy, and some corresponding rudimentary pathology - there was not much to correlate with. And unlikely as it may be - given how thorough and intimate the accounts were - nothing confirmed the validity of the author's assertions; for all Hideki knew, this was a compendium of white lies and exaggerations. The only article offering a clue as to the author's identity was a hand-written acknowledgment at the beginning of the book:

To Reiko, keep the flowers blooming, my friend.

Seeing as he was to remain in the village for a while, it was worthy of a minor investigation - for curiosity's sake. Before he could consider it any further, however, a tiny bellow brought his mind elsewhere. "Hey boy!" Hideki exclaimed, bending over and scratching Noru behind the ears. "Ugh, those better not be ticks."

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Ryu Uchiha, blue, dashed, 10, Tahoma"] Ryu let out a small gasp as she heard John ask about Eiji-Sensei's wife. She was well aware of what had happened, Eiji had told her back when she first revealed who the real Ryu is. This... was sad, she felt bad for Eiji-Sensei. The memory of somebody you lost couldn't be a fun time, and Ryu knew just how powerful memories of tragic times could be for a person. She kept switching between staring daggers at John and staring at Eiji with sad eyes, worried about how he was feeling. She had been excited that he knew somebody who could teach her, but that could wait given the current situation.

Ryu was about to say something whenever she heard a loud, high-pitched cry from near Sachi. She spun, worried Naomi had managed to accidentally hurt Sachi. Instead she was greeted by Naomi tearing herself away from Sachi, getting her whiskers back, and then tearing across the room and hiding behind Ryu. Staring up at her human like 'Save me from the Demon Child!' Ryu couldn't help but giggle slightly at her Panther. Naomi, the Panther who jumped into a burning area to try to drag Ryu out, and would gladly face down Shinobi to protect Ryu; was terrified of a two-year-old. Ironic. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Satoshi Jun, lightsalmon]
Kumogakure Jounin | Team 3
Capital of the Sky country | At one of the barracks.

It had disappointed Satoshi when he had heard the new orders. But it made sense. The team wasn't to come back to Kumogakure, traveling over the sea to their homeland. No, they were stationed for now at the capital of the Sky country. A vassal of the Lightning country. Though the city was nice, sporting some high towers and architecture that was 'refreshing' in Satoshi's opinion, he wasn't really sightseeing around the city.

The rumors and gossiping made it abundantly clear that the situation at the border with the Wolf country was becoming worse and worse. The sight of many soldiers and shinobi was a clear sign that they too would soon get to work. Likely not to be send at the border where the unrest was at highest, cause Satoshi wagered his team wasn't even half at being ready for such tasks. They had performed decent at the last mission, but that was more likely to do because he hadn't expect them to be prodigies and the tasks weren't that hard.

But there was little that they could do. Going home wasn't likely going to happen and all they could do was just work and hope that the situation would improve. Else he doubted that most of them would ever get to see home again. Pushing those dreadful thoughts away, he hoped that his students would soon meet up with him and not oversleep themselves in the small room where their bed dunks were at.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Midori Sato?, yellowgreen]
Specialized Jounin | Kumogakure Team 13
Capital of the Sky country | Inside the dinning hall of one of the barracks.

This was getting really frustrating. All those people, acting so nice and respectful. But more because they made a mistake. Midori could likely hear them, but not answer back. The reversal wasn't undone or ran out of time. Midori gritted her teeth. What was even more confusing was that he wasn't even sure if it was her or his now? No, hers. This wasn't his body nor did he want to be Midori.

The green eyes glanced to the right, hearing some people entering the hall. A few soldiers, dressed in chainmail and iron helmets as their weapons were sheathed, walked into the hall. They were clearly in a good mood from the sound of their voices. But as they entered the hall, the conversation between the few slowly came to a stop for a brief second. Each of them made a respectful nod or even a small bow to Midori before they would continue.

Looking away Gyuki hated it. Why couldn't they go home? At least then he could work more in peace with Midori to give her body back. He understood though why they couldn't go back, but the beast had hoped for a different kind of treatment. Midori was a savior in the eyes and opinion of her people, wasn't she? That had to be something that should mean something. But no, the order was clear : Team 13 had to stay for some time in the capital of the Sky country. Cause it was too dangerous for them to head back to Kumogakure as long as the city wasn't cleaned out of those who had managed to capture her before.

Briefly Gyuki hoped that Chie was alright. Not that he really cared for the woman. Pft, why should he? No, he was more concerned that if those people would try to bait them back, that they would perhaps consider to hurt Chie. If anything, Gyuki wasn't fond of the thought of seeing his dear friend and host go through another depression. Deciding to eat a bit of the bowl with chicken soup - which was starting to become cold - Gyuki hoped that the situation would soon become normal.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Hiron Hon, maroon]
Akino Jounin | Team (Konoha) 9
Capital of the Empire, Konoha | Near the main gate.

His eyes half closed, Hiron hoped he wouldn't need to wait too long for his team to muster together. The man wasn't too grumpy or in any bad mood, but wasn't too pleased with the new mission. It was a simple escort mission regarding a few merchants who would meet them up at small hamlet outside of the walls. The reason why Hiron wasn't eager to do such a mission was because of the responsibility. Sure, the group had done well last mission, but escorting a few merchants was different. Their well-being- though he doubted that there would be much trouble - would be their responsibility.

Frankly, he hoped that the genin would just be careful and think before acting. Already Hiron could imagine a worst case scenario where one of the genin decided it would be good to show what he or she could do. Rubbing his eyes, Hiron would try to shift his train of thoughts. He would see who would get on time first before starting to ponder on bad scenario's.
[/fieldbox]

Rei Tsumetai, Kumogakure Genin

Rei rushed out of the building with a crumpled note in his hand. He kept running as he put his gear over his head and down to his hips. He navigated through the streets, noticing the two people he was to meet up with. "Soooorry!" He skidded to a halt near them, bringing a pleasant breeze with him. "Go~od morning!"

[fieldbox=Violet Tsukami, plum]

Konoha Genin, Team 9| Capital of the Empire, Kononha| Near the main gate
No Delay in Being On Time

"Mom I'm heading out!" Violet pushed her arms through the sleeves of her green jacket. She reached for her hair to see if she could put it up into a pigtail. It was still too short. At best it would probably take another week and a halve before she can get something.

"See you later baby, Try not to get anymore hair cuts"

Violet sighed and ran out the door. She did not want to humor her mom; and she was still a little bum about her first mission. Her jacket's collar extended up to her noise; and when it was fully zipped up, it could cover her lower face (like Shino's coat in season 1). She zipped it up and checked her gear. Her gauntlets were dangling, attached to her waist. She had her extras tools attached to a pouch on her leg or in her backpack (including her lunch), and her mind was on one thing. "I will make Sensei notice me." The other day, she escorted Kiyomi Homura and learned a lot. She learned about stealth, the guardians, and that she had to be confident. She could not let little things get to her or else she would be letting Kiyomi and all the people who believed in her down.

She took a deep breath and grabbed her fist. She was ready. Today was a new day, a new mission, and a new lesson. She started running to the man gates. There she saw Hiron standing alone. She smiled though you couldn't see it because of her coat. This was her chance. She was already on a good note. She walked up to Hiron and bowed, "Hello Sensei." She looked up while keeping half her face behind her collar the wind was gently blowing and the trees swayed. It was a nice calming scene and perfect before heading out.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox=Maker loves his children, gold]

Collab between Sketcher and Gero

[spoili]
The interrogation room was lit by a sole, white lamp hovering above the table. With the ominous air already present, the door across the captive opened with a loud metal clinging sound.

A soft sound escaped the captive as she felt the strains on her arms and legs as the door opened. Glancing at the barely visible seals that kept her in place, the pain wasn't that comforting at all. Turning her eyes up, the woman looked at who had come to visit her.

The young blond commander walked in and sat across her, pushing his round glasses up to the bridge of his nose, watching the woman. "Good evening."

Remaining silent, the captive only looked back at Hikyo. "I'm fine too," he said, sighing as he leaned on the table with his arms. Silence set in again for a few seconds. "So," he said, glancing down at a piece of paper with a pen in hand. "Name?"

The lips of the woman didn't part as she kept staring at Hikyo for a long moment. "None." There was an odd accent present in her voice as she replied back.

Hikyo glanced up for a moment before nodding. "First... name... unknown," he said as he wrote and hit the tip of the pen on the 'n' as if to accentuate the writing. "Age?"

The woman continued to remained silent, her facial expression remaining blank.

The young man sighed and pocketed the pen. "I'll fill it out later," he said, looking at the woman's face. She simply kept staring in return.

"They must train the agents quite well back home."

"U can't win." The woman suddenly spoke. A ghost of a smile spread on her lips. "U can't win." she continued to say more in a calm tone, but the language was a foreign one.

The silence set in once again for a few moments before Hikyo spoke up. "Hm. I see," he said, nodding. His words changed, following different rules with similar sounds to hers.

The eyes of the woman widened as she grew confused. Her lips parted for a moment, but she didn't speak. Closing her mouth, she was clearly considering the possibility of what he had just told her. "How...." She started, asking her question in the foreign language again as she had some trouble in hiding her disgust and agony of the discovery.

"Don't be so shocked. I'm with you," he said in the strange tongue. "I was simply here for longer. I have a face in society. And when there are loose ends, I can tie them up."

"Liar." The woman replied in the same language as before. "That is impossible. The priest didn't inform us of you. Maker knows liars and his wrath will be---"

"It's not a matter of whether or not you believe me," Hikyo said. "You got caught. Now thanks to you, the operation has one person less to carry it out."

The woman grew silent again. She seemed still confused, but above all wary. "You say that you're one of us. Prove it. What is the last verse of the Chant?" She asked, growing slowly angry.

Hikyo grew silent for a moment before speaking up. "Maker loves his children."

The anger ebbed away as the woman grew calm again. "Forgive me." She whispered, lowering her head. "I thought that you were a heretic, a sinner." Raising her head again, she continued. "But what now?"

"I would have been suspicious if you hadn't," Hikyo said with a friendly voice. "Now... I will disappear for a bit and fill in your part. I haven't had any proper contact with anyone so I will need your help in reaching our brothers and sisters. Once that's done... I will let you complete your journey for the Maker."

Again, her features were graced by surprise. "Thank you kindly. Blessings of Him upon you." She repeated the last sentence a few times in a hurried fashion.

"Guide me. Tell me where I need to go to oversee the completion of the preparations to fulfill the Maker's bidding."

"In the southernmost district of the city. The priest has gathered our brothers and sisters there for the last... rite." The woman said, her voice still calm as she eyed the door quickly. "There is a small tavern where brother Ni is waiting for the code phrase. Simply say the last verse in our language and he will guide you into the hideout."

Hikyo nodded and brought his hands together but paused. "Before the end of your journey, I would like to know the name of the sister who would guide the Maker's hands."

"Nila." The woman paused. "I must admit that I don't come from the holy lands. My name is from one of the ringlands..."

A black flicker appeared on Hikyo's hand as he reached it out to her head. "May the Maker guide you, Nila," he said before tapping on her forehead and sending a surge of lightning through her body. The eyes of the woman briefly widened as they would then lose their light, though a ghost of a smile remained on the lips of the woman.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Johnathon Housha]
[fieldbox=amegakure]
John nodded as Eiji said it was great to have him back. "It's pretty cool having you as a sensei again, too." He listened for Eiji to explain where his wife was... only to hear sad news. All happy emotion left John's face. He looked at Eiji, hoping it was a prank for a second, before bowing as far as he could. "I didn't know. I'm sorry to have brought it up... To make it up to you, we can train together soon!" He raised his head, giving a thumbs up. He knew that wasn't so much a way to make up for it, but he also knew that if it wasn't recent, then making him think of something else could help him feel better... at least, John hoped. "Or if that's not enough... A signature as well, before I become famous!" He gave a smile, trying all he could to correct his own mistake.
[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Sho Deshuga, lightblue"]
Team 16 Chuunin | Out on the Streets

Sho's eyes shot to the unattended paintbrush and he nodded. That should be easy enough. It was his left arm that had been hurt, but luckily for him he was right handed so painting would be a piece of cake. "Got it." he said to give some kind of acknowledgement that he had at least heard her.

As she moved to her own painting job Sho grabbed his brush and swirled it around in the paint for a moment. He guessed that it was a nice color but he didn't really have a particular care for one color. His red hair was pretty fancy and he did enjoy the bright color it had though it was slighty annoying on missions because of the brightness. When he needed to be really stealthy he would put a cap over it.

The girl asked for his name while stating her own. Which was stupid because he already knew that. It was on the poster. She continued with some sob story about her dead mother, something Sho really did not care about. They all had dead people, they were shinobi for god's sake. Dead people was basically in the name. So he didn't offer her his apologies, not did he acknowledge that she had sad anything about a dead mother. Instead he pressed the brush against the wall. "Name is Sho," he said as he started to pull the brush down.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=First Mission...! Kind of | Itsuo Takata , lightblue]

Participating Team : Team 15

Exceptions: None

Objective: Escort client to the Hidden Valley Village.

Notable Information: The client has received several threats, which is why she needs an escort for a small distance. Resistance expected to be no more than common mercenaries.

Client: Ambassador to Tea Country - Ai Ito
Ai Ito

weiss_type_android_04___misae_by_beastace-d8xqow0.jpg

Other: None

Itsuo stood at the western gate under a hall of archways next to a building early in the morning next to a bench with a young, white haired woman sitting. His eyes glanced around at the scene, trying to see through the pouring rain.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
She is Mine

A Collab between Lesli and Fieryfly

Summary:

Hisoka visits Meisa before he leaves on his mission. This surprise visit becomes a big surprise that involves a lot of emotions. Enjoy - we have been doing that for the past two years now.~

* *​

Everything was basically ready. He knew the details of the mission by heart, had collected whatever stuff he needed and found a far less conspicuous outfit than his normal attire so that when he made his way to the border he wouldn't be screaming the word "Hokage" or "Uchiha" everywhere he went. Yes, he was basically done, but before he would go off he would at least take the time to say goodbye to someone.

Her office was not far from his though no one probably knew that. She was probably busy with things that people also didn't know about. Hisoka wondered sometimes if anyone at all really knew Meisa for who she truely was.

He arrived at her door and knocked twice before opening it without waiting for answer. Regardless if she wanted to see him or not, he would go in. He promised himself during his time with Kiyomi that he would at least talk to Meisa before he left.

"Come in." Meisa replied. She glanced with a frown at the door. It wasn't that often that somebody came to her office. If anything, she just send the notes and letters and the jobs would be done. But as the man entered her office, Meisa's eyes slightly widened for a second. "Well, good day. My governor." Meisa said, standing up as she would make a small bow.

"Please, don't," he said as he watched her bow. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him. "This is not a official business visit about very important matters. I just came to... say hi I guess and to say goodbye. Kiyomi send me out for a change. Can't really remember the last time I was in the field on a normal mission. I wonder who suggested that to her..." He shot Meisa a curious look.

A playful smile crept on her lips as she had a reply at the ready. But as Hisoka stated he had a mission, the smile started to faint away. "Oh." The woman stared for a second at Hisoka, a bland expression on her face. "I can't remember that either." She started on a very friendly tone. "I hope it will be a pleasant one. Near home?" The woman asked, gesturing to a nearby chair. It was always nice to have one or two extra chairs. In case of visitors. In her situation, rare cases of visitors.

Smiling, Hisoka took the offered chair and sat down. "Not really, Tea country border. But that is classified information of course so I can't tell you that." Somewhere in the back of his mind still lingered that it was either Zakito or Meisa who gave Kiyomi the idea to send him out. Get him out of his office for a change. Of course it could from Kiyomi herself... and in that case he was merely seeing things were there was nothing.

"The Tea country border. My, that is what? A journey of four days? Five? Six?" Meisa said, but she shook her head lightly as she sat down. "I forgot my manners. Would you like something to drink? I must admit that I don't have anything prepared as I wasn't expecting... company." The woman friendly, yet carefully formulated.

"Four days if I hurry. Five if I do it at a rather normal pace. Six if I want to enjoy the scenery of our country. I think I'll go with four." At her question, Hisoka shook his head. "Don't worry about it. My fault for suddenly dropping by. I know you are not used to visitors, but I wasn't going to just send you a note..." He trailed off and lapsed into silence as he watched her.

"Indeed. No need for that anymore, am I right?" Placing her hands on her lap, Meisa smiled. "How is miss Uchiha doing? I must say that I amused myself at the wedding. It was quite nice to see your father." She said. "I am glad somebody is happy, no?"

A pained expression passed over Hisoka's face. The whole situation with Harumi was a mess. At home. With his father. His mother. The rest of the world who thought that he was happily married. "She is fine I think," he said curly. "Can we not..." He made a vague gesture. He didn't want to talk about Harumi. Not in this room. Not with her in front of him. Not with the memory of what they didn't have. "You know that I don't..."

"Oh yeah, you don't like it. Of course, mister governor. Of course, how could I forget about it!" The woman said as she seemed to be sorry for his situation. "I am sure that everything will turn for the better of you. Not that I can help. Am after all no Uchiha, so not really my business, isn't it?" The woman smiled as she made a small gesture. "Are you sure you don't wish to drink anything?"

Hisoka stared at her. His eyes hard. That was not fair. And although fair was a strange concept in his line of work it still wasn't fair. "No. I am fine." He placed emphasis on the last word. He wasn't fine of course, but if that was how she was going to play it then yes, he was perfectly fine. "How is Mayumi doing?" he asked her in the same tone.

"Glad to hear so. My daughter," Meisa stated as she half closed her eyes and kept smiling, "is doing fine. I believe she is with her father. Seeing how he is most often around. It has been told that it is good for a child to have a father role model. Oh, not that I have to likely inform you about that." She let out a soft short laugh. "I'm sure that you know all about that kind of thing."

For a moment Hisoka sat in silence as if he failed to comprehend what she had just said. "Stop it," he said. It was soft, but loud enough for her to hear. "Don't do that. That fake smile, that fake laugh. I know it is fake. There is no way you can actually fool me with that and you goddamn know it." His voice grew louder as he spoke. "I came here to say goodbye to you, because I care, Meisa. Not to have this conversation again."

She was about to say something, but seemed to change her mind. Subtle as it was, a little crack - so to say - broke through her 'mask'. Staring at Hisoka, the smile turned into a frown as she seemed to try to keep her posture. "You care? You care? If you care, then why did you do it? I know that I am not perfect, I know that I am not an Uchiha, but god damn it, why would you let that happen if you care so much?" Her voice was somewhat calm, in contrary to her phrasing, but her right hand started to tremble slightly.

Hisoka raised his chin. A rather childish sign of deviance and yet he did it any way. "Yes, I care. I care with all my heart and soul. Though remind me who chose first here... Wasn't it also your choice to move in with Sakamoto? Wasn't it also your choice to name Sakamoto the father of Mayumi? Why would you let that happen if you care so much to actually say this to me now?"

"Don't you dare to bring that up. Yes, I made mistakes. I keep making them, but did that ever stop you? You never asked for what Sakamoto thought when you and I were intimate." Meisa replied back, pausing for a second to brief as the pace of her voice went a notch up. "Or do you mean that you now believe that Lord Uchiha would not mind his son to have fostered a bastard child with a native from Kirigakure? Is that you're trying to tell me? Cause you're quite on time with it. Must have been something you're really excellent in, Hisoka!"

Hisoka's hand slammed down on the desk that stood between them. "No, that is not what I believe, but that should not be a reason for me not to get a god damn normal and honest answer when I ask how my daughter is doing!" He had partly raised up from his chair when he said it and when the words left his mouth he realized that this was the first time he had said them. It caused him to pause, almost freeze standing there before Meisa.

As if pulled back by a string he sat down again, his eyes now on the ground as if the wooden floor was painting an interesting picture. But there wasn't actually anything there. He tried to formulate some words, but they all sounded rather lame in his head. "You're right," he said then, slowly as if he was grasping the concept himself. "I was too late. I am too late... Always have been, always will be..."

She had been surprised for a split second. Normally she was able to calculate people she was known with. Able to know what they were going to do. But he had surprised her when he had slammed his hand on her desk and stated that it was his daughter. For a moment, Meisa was just baffled. Then she became furious as her cheeks started to grow a reddish taint and she was about to sneer back. Wanting to make it clear that he wouldn't be a father of any child that would came out of her. That he had no right regarding a child he barely had seen more than one or two times. But as she was about to pour salt into the wound and wanting to keep staying angry, she remained silent. Hearing what he said and how his composure changed, made Meisa realize what was really happening.

Her eyes started to become wattery as she briefly bite her lower lip. "I love you."

Hisoka chuckled, his eyes still cast down, but there was no humor behind the sound. "I was too late with that too, wasn't I?" It wasn't really a question. "I mean I should have told you that during the war. Or when we were forced to flee. Or when we found each other again after two years. I guess I truely have a knack for being too late with things. Probably should get to that mission. Make sure I am not too late for that." He pushed his chair back as if he was about to get up, but didn't move. "I do care. About Mayumi," he continued. "And about you. I have always loved you too, because unlike what you say yourself, to me you are pretty perfect in a certain way."

A sound erupted softly from Meisa, a sob. She couldn't even belief it herself. She was on the verge of just breaking out in tears. Before she could talk, another sob escaped her. "I wish that things were different." Her eyes lowered as her shoulders started to tremble. "I'm sorry. Really." The words were nothing more than whispers, just barely audible enough. "It is just unfair. I wish things were different. I wish I was. Sorry."

Unfair. Strange how that word emerged again. Hisoka looked up, surprised by the sobbing woman on the other side of the table. Completely unsure what to do now, he raised his hand only to realize that he couldn't really pat her on the back while they were in their current position so he lowered it again. "Meisa..." he said. He had seen her cry once before in his life. Once. That was the day when they left Konoha. The day they split up, unsure if they would ever see each other again. "I really wish things were different too, but I don't wish you to be different. If anything I should have gotten my head in the game. I should have been different."

"You shouldn't have been an Uchiha." She replied. It wasn't fair of her to say that. She shouldn't have been a half blood born in a foreign country either. She managed to look up and craft up a smile, though it was lacking any joy as tears kept rolling over her cheeks. "I bled for this country. I almost died several times and never ever complained about it. I even helped to build it into one of the mightiest nations at the moment. And I manage to almost get anything what I want. But what I don't get is to foster my love and care for one person in public? Even that girl gets her love after such a long time! Why don't I deserve some happiness? I work hard. I try to do my best and improve most lives. Why dont I benefit from the rules?" She knew that he had no answers, but her emotions were running loose.

Before he actually realized it, Hisoka had gotten up from his chair and had walked around the desk so that he stood next to her seat. He pulled her up and against his chest. With his arms wrapped around her he said: "Because apparently we chose the wrong profession for that. A happy life is not granted for those living in the shadows of a mighty nation. And I am sorry for that. Sorry for being too late. Sorry for being an Uchiha. I am so sorry."

She wanted to push him away. But yet found some comfort as he hugged her. Pressing her face against the soft fabric of his clothing, she couldn't stop crying. She didn't want to end up crying, but somehow it made her feel good to let it out. "I am sorry too. Really, I am sorry." She managed to bring out with a shaken voice. "Every time I see her. Every time she looks at me..."

Somehow, because Meisa was now crying, Hisoka found that he could not affort it to be sad. She was crying. It was partly his job to make her stop. "I know. She looks too much like you," he said slightly joking in an attempt to lighten up the heavy air in the room. "Pretty, like her mother." He pushed her back every so slightly so that he could look at her face. There were tears on her cheeks and Hisoka had the grave urge of swiping them away. "I do not understand that pain like you do since.... well... my absence... but don't blame her for it. Blame me. Nothing about this can be her fault in any way."

"Idiot." She managed to utter through her sobbing. "She looks like you. That same smile. Those eyes. The same laugh." She summed up as she would grow silent for a moment. "I know. But Sakamoto is with her. He doesn't know. Nobody does, except him."

"We will agree to disagree I guess," Hisoka said and then mumbled:. "Let's hope she does not have my eyes..." That would make things even more complicated. If she would possess the Sharingan it would be a waste to not use it, but if she was using it, it would probably be noticed. Then again... it was better to deal with that if he had to deal with that. Pushing things away was his speciality after all. "Zakito will keep that secret unless we tell him otherwise. I have absolute faith in that."

She wanted to complain, state why it wasn't fair and continue as she managed to halt her sobbing. At least, somewhat. "I don't want her to figure it out. Never. Promise me that you won't ever tell it to her." Meisa pushed him gently a bit backwards. "Promise me unless the world has a lot of proof that you will never call her daughter. If I can't help myself, then let her live a lie. A good one."

He didn't want to promise that. He had known that Mayumi would probably be largely unaware of his existance when she was small, but somewhere there was the hope that when she grew up... that someday she would see him, that she would acknowledge him. But if he promised this then that hope would be crushed. And yet... "On one condition," he said. "You will not keep her away from me. She will not know that I am her father, but that will not exclude me from being a part of her life. As her godfather I could be there for her in times you or Sakamoto cannot. Allow me to share the joy of seeing her growing up and accomplish whatever it is that she will want to accomplish and I will promise to never tell."

Wanting to object, Meisa's mouth closed. She had forgotten that Sakamoto had requested Hisoka to be the girl's godfather. "Fine. I suppose that is only more than fair. Now..." Averting her eyes, she continued. "I believe you need to go. I have work as well and you need to head on your mission. I... I will see you later."

As she spoke the word mission it seemed that suddenly the reality came back. A reality in which Hisoka was a govenor and Meisa the leader of the ANBU. A reality in which Hisoka had just come into her office to say goodbye to a good friend. A reality in which thiings weren't as they wished. "Right..." he said, releasing her from his grip. "Yes, I should go. Thanks... for allowing me that." He took a step back and then another until he was turned around and at the door. "Good luck with your work." he said with his hand on the handle of the door.

"Safe journey." She wanted to smile, but couldn't. Though she had stopped crying, the woman would resort to a small nod as she would pretend that she was going to work. It wasn't something new to her, to pretend. But somehow it stung her more than ever as she realized that the pain would never go away.

"Thanks." With that he opened the door and stepped into the rather quite hallway. He turned around to close the door, catching another glimps of her still red streaked cheeks before only staring at wood. Without pausing he walked away, a straight face carried him through the hall. He met several people on the way. They nodded to him and he nodded back. The world was back as it used to be.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hideki Hyuuga[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Chuunin[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Konohagakure[/BCOLOR]
Start of an Investigation
Part 2 of Books and Hoes Cats

[BCOLOR=transparent](The fourth fifth one, damn it.)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][spoili][/spoili][spoili][/spoili][spoili][/spoili][spoili][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, did you come up with anything?" Hideki inquired with his hands clasped before him, seated opposite Michi, a Guardian acquaintance of his - and an excellent eye. Twin cups of tea were placed on the coffee table, permeating the Azumi lounge with a pleasant aroma. "Well, sort of." Michi licked his index finger and flipped through his portfolio, unfastening a brown file with several pages marked with colored stickers. "I did find one 'Reika Ueda' who seems to have been quite the flora enthusiast - even dabbled in some herbalism - but her record is extremely obscure, almost like it's been purposely altered. Don't get me wrong - it's fine work - but there's definitely something unaccounted for." Hideki contemplated his words with a troubled expression. "What about an address? Workplace? Frequently-visited shop? Lover? No such info?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Michi leaned back in the sofa with a sigh, leaving the file laying on the table. "Oh no. It's all in there. Problem? She passed away a few years ago. Overdosed on legally-administered sleeping pills. And if I've read the situation correctly, a deliberate course of action." He finished the sentence with an apologetic half-smile, reaching for his cup of tea. Hideki rubbed his eyes. For one reason or another, he felt exhausted. Why was it that he was suddenly so enthralled in this foreign affair? What could he possibly hope to accomplish by finding out the identity of this one anonymous author? "Any close relatives or friends?" Michi shook his head, sipping his tea with an air of finality. "Feel free to take the page, though. There's a few things you could look into. Can't say you'll come up with anything, but in my book, it's worthy of a minor investigation - unless you're busy, of course."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah. Thanks, Michi. I'll see you around." Hideki removed the single page from the file; the photograph of a raven-haired woman in her mid-twenties adorned the top left corner. She was dressed in a brown flak jacket - the pre-Akinian military wear - and a long-sleeved dark-blue undershirt with the Konoha insignia on her shoulders. The rest of the page was filled with miscellaneous statistics and affiliated rows of text. So she'd been a Shinobi as well. That might answer some questions. Hideki offered his gratitude to Michi in the form of a nod, then pulled a jumper over his t-shirt and made to leave. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh yeah, one more thing before you go. Almost forgot.." Michi fumbled in his pockets for something, then when he found it, passed over a folded note protruding from in-between his index and middle finger. "Skim through it later. Seems like the current owner of Reika's apartment used to receive incognito letters on a bi-monthly basis addressed to someone named "Fumiko". No fuss-worthy content or so, but a tad bit strange, I'll admit. The letters stopped coming a year ago, however. Might just be mishap on the sender's part and they finally realized their mistake, but in this world, I doubt it's a coincidence. But that's just my opinion. Take it as you will." With an aloof shrug, he returned to sipping his tea. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hideki stared blankly at Michi for a moment, unable to conceal his astonishment. "You really went out of your way this time around, didn't you?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"As if I've ever slacked off during a job."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you say so," Hideki replied with a wry smile. "In any case, you've been a big help. I can't thank you enough."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh spare me. I hate that buttery crap," Michi said, finishing his tea and returning the file to his portfolio. "Turning to more important matters, are you just going to leave your tea standing there?" He nodded to the table and the lone, filled-to-the-brim tea cup. "I heard Kazuo ripped a lion in two with his bare hands yesterday." Hideki let out a sigh, turning around for a third time. "Oh yeah.." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They removed the utensils and cleaned the table for any blemishes in a joint effort before saying their goodbyes. Hideki suspected Michi still had questions as to why Hideki was investigating the case, but deliberately held his tongue; for which Hideki was thankful. He wouldn't be able to formulate an answer either way. "Now then."[/spoili][/BCOLOR]

Neji Uchiha
Konohgakaure genin team nine
Neji was sitting down at the table with his parents eating breakfast as he got ready to head out for another mission. The last mission had went well, there wasn't too much too it. This mission though was different this time they were guarding some merchants. Not that this was some A ranked mission or anything but it was a step up compared to their last mission. To be honest though they probably wouldn't face to many people trying to do harm to these merchants. But Neji knew enough now that any mission could turn into a dangerous mission at any time and he needed to pay attention at all times. That was something Hiron had taught him.

Neji finished his breakfast and grabbed his bag that he had packed last night. His bag had all the ninja tools that he would need for this mission. "
Okay I'm off, I'll see you guys when I get from my mission bye mom bye dad." Neji smiled at both of them. "Remember Neji we are going to work on that jutsu when you get back okay." Neji looked over to his dad "okay dad sounds good I can't wait." And with that Neji headed out the door.

He made his way though the village and to the main gate where he saw Hiron and Violet. He walked up over to them. "
Good morning Hiron sensei, good morning Violet."

[fieldbox=Mika Hayashi, royalblue]
Jounin of Team 14 | Republic of Kirigakure | Kirigakure, port district.

The jounin remained silent as the first of the batch arrived. It was, if her memory served her right, Aya Oda. Not really somebody who had stand out the last mission. Which was both good and bad, cause that meant she wasn't too much of trouble. But also not anything great that would make Mika be optimistic about her. If anything, Mika was content that the girl remained silent.

The second to arrive was Shin Yuki. Much like Aya, he hadn't stand out the last mission and if anything, she remembered only now the request both had made. Regarding the late Genso. With the boy asking if they had lost their tongue, the woman glanced in his direction but wouldn't grace them with a reply backwards. She wasn't interested in some small talk anyways. Just as she glanced away, Nanami arrived. Without her big companion, which made Mika frown under the cover of her hood.

As the teen noted, the fourth member was still missing. Luckily for them the boy wasn't too late. Glancing at the boy she considered somewhat odd, Mika would speak up. "Time to get starting then. Today you're going to do a patrol mission as training. It is expected from chuunin to do missions that can be considered chores. Patrols, assistance to the other corps and missions that aren't perhaps the most exciting or special, but always needed anyways. Today you guys will walk patrols around this part of the district." Mika said. "The training that is going with is that you all need to keep a distance of around five meter between each of you. The goal is to keep that distance, but keep an eye on each other. If I spot somebody not having a visual over another person longer than five seconds as forsaking to keep a watch of the area, the next payment you're supposed to receive 10% less." The jounin paused as she then gestured that they should get moving. But the woman would stay standing still, simply waiting as she would then slowly seem to vanish in thin air.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Asami Sanosuke, plum]
Jounin of Team 5 | Kumogakure | Capital of the Sky country

Miu was the first to arrive as Asami. Just as the woman was about to reply back, Rei arrived. The woman frowned at the boy, but would speak up as she didn't want to waste any time. "Good. Today we're going to do some small training. As you might have noticed, we've not yet received any order that we are heading back to home. Thus I hope you two will not cause any trouble. There is enough already without you two making more." She told them with a stern voice.

She paused for a second, hoping that the message would sink in with them. "Our training today will be focused on agility and stamina. There are enough soldiers and shinobi who are send out on missions, patrols and duties. Thus we're going to use this time to do some training." Beckoning them to come with her, Asami knew that she had nothing else to do. The paperwork and other duties she had were done, the ones she could do here. Personally, she rather would head back to Kumogakure than remaining in the sky country capital.

Heading to a nearby block, just fifteen minutes walk from the barracks, Asami turned to the two genin. "I want you two to climb to that building's rooftop. Without the use of chakra and as fast as possible." She raised her right hand to point to the building with her thumb. It was quite calm in the street and the building seemed to be a closed shop. It had some windows and walls that were smooth, meaning that the two had to come up with a plan to get up quickly.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Spending time with Katashi, turquoise]
Kiyomi Homura,
Akinian Empress | Royal Palace in Konohagakure

[spoili]
The Sworn Swords at the door rested their right hand on the handles of their weapons as they held their watch. The man who approached the door wasn't being stopped or requested to wait for permission. Katashi was after all for a good reason entering one of the most secured and 'walled' off space in all of Konohagakure - he was willing to even bet in the Empire. Sworn Swords - a match for a specialized or full fledged jounin or ANBU - were stationed at strategic positions in cells of five at every normal entrance. Then there were several others in spots where the royal guard could hide, but spot others quite easily.

Opening the door, Katashi kept his head a bit lower. But there was no sign of the young teen at first sight. Cautiously walking around, he didn't disturb the silence. The soft sound of his armor was the only disturbance and the man hoped he wasn't bothering his Empress on anything important. But she hadn't requested anything for breakfast and it was already getting in the afternoon. Besides, he had a report for her that she would likely find quite interesting.

As the man continued to walk through the rooms and halls of Kiyomi's personal quarters, he eventually came to a halt. The door at his right was half open as he could see the back of the young teen. She sat on her knees, softly humming as she was cleaning. In front of her was a standard for a rather detailed and unique kind of armor. If Katashi remembered it correctly, it was the armor that the captain-commander of the Guardians had forged. Though Katashi was well aware of how valuable Hyuzu arms and armor was, he couldn't figure out the worth of the armor. It was mostly dark blue and grey, which were both the colors of the Homura dynasty as the Hon clan. That much did he know about it.

Knocking on the door softly, Katashi made a deep bow. "Your grace. I apologize humble, but I heard that you had skipped breakfast and seeing that most hadn't seen you leave your quarters..." His voice trailed off. "I hope you didn't mind me. If---"

"You're welcome to stay, captain." Kiyomi stated as she threw a look over her shoulder. Turning her head, she continued with her activity. Slowly she was cleaning a sword with a cloth. After a stroke, she glanced at the man who would slowly walk up to a bit of her right flank and sat on his knees as well. "I'm sorry for concerning you. Got a bit dragged away with... cleaning." She chuckled as she threw an apologizing smile at the man.

"Please, don't apologize, your gr--" "Kiyomi."

The man briefly was surprised as the young teen would again cautiously do another stroke, using the blunt side of the blade to run the cloth towards the tip. There was some substance that was left on the blade. Katashi softly cleared his throat as he wondered if it was really okay to use her first name. If anything, it could be considered a great personal honor, but he had his own viewpoint on honor. "I must humble request that I do you the honor of calling you by your title." He bowed his head deep.

Kiyomi halted her activity, again, as she frowned. Looking at the man, she decided to ask him a question. "Are you a man of honor, Katashi-san? It is after all rare to meet somebody who had been a shinobi and having a sense of honor." She asked friendly, placing the weapon afterwards on a small standard to let it dry. Katashi kept his head lowered as he would answer. "No, I was born as a son of a mere farmer. Seeing that my people aren't well known for their wealth or much else, I never saw honor as something I could possess your grace. I was born a farmer's boy and will die as a farmer's boy."

It became silent for a moment. "Would you like to talk with me?" Kiyomi asked, her voice growing a bit softer. "I know it sounds odd, but like two people talk? I kind of miss that." She continued. "If anything, would you like to tell me more about how you came to be... you know, here."

Slight surprised by the request, the man glanced first at her. She seemed a bit worried from what he could see. Raising his head and straightening his back, Katashi nodded. "Of course. I must admit that my life was never an exciting one, your--" "Kiyomi. Please, Katashi-san? Just Kiyomi. I am a person as well." She politely requested.

He was silent for a second and then flashed a smile. "Of course. I apologize, Kiyomi." She smiled as she would turn around to face him. "I was born as the eldest of my siblings. I had two younger brothers and we had it okay. Of course, the standards of my people we had it okay. Hard working every day on the fields and in winter we often had to make sure that the cold wouldn't really become a problem. I never had much time to play or read. In fact, I must admit that me and my brothers had to grow up quickly. But still, it was a good life."

"I never have been to the Sarutobi woodlands or around them. How... How was it there?" Kiyomi asked, smiling as she was hoping to learn more. And face a conversation as she had often only with the likes of people that really knew her already. The eyes of the man raised his gaze to the ceiling as he rubbed his chin with his left hand.

"The woodlands of the Sarutobi are in my opinion... I can't describe it. I do now and then long to return to them. It has a certain serenity to them and I loved to explore and travel through the woods and plains during Autumn. The sight that one can see at the start of Autumn in the forest. I can certainly recommend it, Kiyomi." The man saw her think and glanced at the sword she had been cleaning.

"Looks quite well crafted." He stated. "Not steel, is it?" He asked, frowning slightly as he threw a glance at her. Kiyomi, who was interrupted in her train of thoughts looked up. "Hm? Oh, no. Well, it is kind of a special one." Kiyomi picked the blade up by the handle as she would support with her left hand the sword near the end of the blade.

"It was made by my guardian." She said, smiling. "It is forged to conduct chakra better and even to try to mimic a special sword in my clan. I nicked her Silver Lightning." Kiyomi said, a certain pride present in her voice. "I know it sounds really weird," Slowly she would put the sword back and face Katashi while rubbing her left shoulder, "but I sometimes just like to spend time to take care of it, you know?"

The man glanced at the sword and then back at Kiyomi. "You miss him, don't you? Your guardian?" He asked politely. Surprised at first, Kiyomi nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to pay him a visit today. But it seems he is off on a mission. I kind of just wanted to see how he has been doing. Is it that obvious?"

"For me, it is. I think for anybody who carriers a memento of a loved one like that." The man answered. He would place his right hand on the handle of his blade. In a slow pace he would unsheathe the blade as he held it up as she had done. "This blade once belonged to my youngest brother. The second oldest." Katashi paused for a moment. "He passed away during the Great War." The man's voice became softer as he continued to speak. It remained calm however. "If anything, I still to this day distrust anybody that hails from Iwagakure. For most time in my youth I swore revenge and wished nothing more than that the war would continue ten more years. Only after losing my second brother, I came to realize that I had been a fool."

She remained silent, not wanting to disturb his story as she found it interesting and also sad. The man sheathed his sword as he let out a soft sigh. "I've only learned that I should've spend more time with my brothers before they perished." Another moment of silence moved into the room as the man seemed to be lost in his memories. Not wanting to speak up and disturb the man, Kiyomi would remain silent.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to waste your time with my stories. Sorry." The man said, but Kiyomi was quick to speak. "Not at all. I thank you for sharing that with me. I'm sorry for your loss though." The young teen responded. "I have only read about the Great War. I can't imagine what it was like."

Katashi smiled a bit, though there was little joy behind the smile. "I must admit that I haven't met many young people who have been so understanding. If anything, I had expected you to be more..." He tried to seek for the correct word. "I don't wish to offend you, y-- Kiyomi." The man lowered his head a bit.

"It is fine. It is after all just a talk. Kiyomi and Katashi. Talking." She said, letting out a soft snort. "And have you met many young Empresses?" Kiyomi asked friendly. Katashi grew amused as he shook his head lightly. "I am afraid I only met one so far." He then glanced at the armor and frowned.

"If we're talking, then I hope you won't mind me asking a question." The young teen shook her head as she waited for the question to follow.

"You've seen many things, haven't you?" The man asked, still staring at the armor. Kiyomi glanced sideways at it. She brought her left hand up as she ran her thumb across her scar. She didn't want to say that she had. What had she seen of this world? At the age of fifteen, she doubted that she had more experience than Katashi or seen more. But certain memories flashed by as she calmly answered back.

"I have."

The man nodded as he returned his gaze back at the young teen. "Do you fear death?" The question threw Kiyomi off as she was a bit surprised. She remained silent as she considered her answer. "You don't. I think that we have something in common. You don't fear death that much, but you longed for it for some time. Didn't you?" The voice of the man had remained soft, but at his last question it had became sad.

Kiyomi took a deep breath in as she wanted to state that it was a weird question. But as she glanced at her sword, she replied back. "Yes. At least, I used to." Kiyomi paused as she clenched her hands into fists. "I've seen horrible things. Things I never want to see again or hope to prevent others from experiencing." The chaos at the Rice Capital, the Shoji Oppression and Hisoka's sharingan.

"But when I really am facing that desire, I tend to do this." Gesturing with a small smile to the arms and armor she had been busy with. "I won't forget their names. Those who I have lost and those who I want to keep with me as long as possible." Sighing out, she relaxed a bit. "Which is probably quite ironic, but I don't know. The idea is that I like to think I can help those who have been there for me. I can't help everybody as not everybody is still around, but..."

"You wish to make them proud?" Katashi said, on which Kiyomi silently nodded. Another moment of silence passed. There was however a certain understanding as the two remained silent during the moment. Kiyomi would pick up a special kunai. Glancing at the weapon, she would offer it with the handle towards Katashi. "Katashi-san, would you like to spend the afternoon here?"

"Of course, Kiyomi. Does this weapon have a tale as well?"
He asked, carefully picking up the kunai by the handle. "Yes, it is a long one, but it started all..."

[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Hanako Asushika
Sky Country, Chuunin

Hanako wasn't sure if she was going to see her mother or father again. Was she ever going to walk the fields of her clans land again? It was possible, but sometimes possiblity wasn't enough. Sighing as she walked to where she was suppose to meet with Satoshi-Sensei and the rest of her team. She wondered how the rest of he team was taking the news? Did they want to go back? Did it saden them to have to stay so far from hom

They would be fine, she hoped. Perhaps they could help each other and grow closer like a true team. Just maybe, they would get to go home sooner rather than later. She was now in sight of Satoshi-Sensei and gave a grim smile in greeting before saying,
"Hanako Asushika, reporting for duty."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hideki Hyuuga[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Chuunin[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Konohagakure[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Part 3 of Whatever[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sifting through the letters, Hideki sat by the window frame of Saki's apartment, feet dangling in the air. Noru trotted around proudly on the roof tiles outside, a tiny mouse stuck between his teeth. Hideki had contacted the current owner of Reika's property earlier and gained access to the letters after a few spells of formality. Like Michi had said, there was nothing especially strange about the letters at face value. Just accounts of the well-being and day-to-day routines of the sender - an apparent countryman. But that was far too easy and coincidental given the situation. [/BCOLOR]There had to be something in there - a clue, at the very least. Perhaps.. Forming the Seal of Confrontation with his right hand, the veins around Hideki's eye bulged, different coloured auras popping up all around his field of vision. He smiled down at the letters. "Bingo."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hideki pushed open the door to the library-like facility, a brown folder containing the letters stuffed away in his back-pouch. [/BCOLOR]"Welcome, welcome!" the receptionist called in an overly-friendly tone as soon as he entered, tapping her fingers excitedly on the desk before her. Around his mother's age, the woman had woven her hair into quite an intricate ponytail and sported unusually-square shaped spectacles. He'd heard rumours before that the members of the Cryptanalysis Team could be a bit eccentric. Guess they were true in this case. Aside from that, the decor of the reception was minimal, if non-existent - excluding her desk and a few books lying strewn about. "What can I help you with?" she inquired, smiling from ear to ear.
"Uh, I have a few letters I'd like you to examine," Hideki said, withdrawing the folder and placing it on her desk. "Seems like there's vestiges of chakra embedded within them. I was thinking there might be an encrypted message or so."

[BCOLOR=transparent]The woman unfastened the folder and held a few papers to the light of the lamp, squinting. "Chakra, eh? How were you able to tell?" [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hideki pointed to his one eye. "I'm from the Hyuuga clan." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah, I see," she replied, glancing quizzically at his eyepatch for a moment. "Anyway, if your thesis stands correct, then this is an outdated method of encryption, one that the Empire - or the village, as of then - haven't used in several years."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hideki licked his lips. "It won't be an issue then? Decoding it?"[/BCOLOR]
"Hmm, no. It shouldn't be. We'll need to sift through our shelves and find a few moth-eaten instruments, however. I say come back in a day or two and we'll have it all mapped out," she finished, turning the papers around with a scrutinising eye. She wasn't smiling anymore, nor hardly even acknowledging Hideki. The letters seemingly had her full-on attention. "Alright, I'll be back tomorrow then," Hideki excused himself with a faked cough.
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mhm."[/BCOLOR]

[fieldbox=Meisa Ichi, palegreen]
-Secret- ANBU Commander | Akino | Konohagakure - Intelligence Division HQ.

The woman walked down the hallway. A notepad was held underneath her left arm as she held a pen in her right hand. There were two members of the Intelligence Division accompanying her on the way as they were heading to the heavily secured part of the complex. Here there were seals, barriers and guards that were quite disciplined to know how to operate when something would go amiss.

After walking quite some distance, the three would arrive in the prisons. Located at what some called the 'basement' of the complex, Meisa and the two others were led to a dark cell. The thick wooden door clearly kept anybody at back. And those who would fancy to use chakra would have trouble with the chakra blockade that was set up. It would be a real trouble if they managed to get valuable prisoners down here and they could just get away. Or rescued from the outside, if somebody ever would learn of this facility.

As the guard would open the door, there was some soft sound coming from the inside of the pitch black cell. One of the two men that accompanied Meisa would be given a torch. A blank expression was plastered over the woman's face. As the man with the torch followed her, she had a clear view on the cell. It would be able to give place for her and the two others and the person they were visiting.

A man had his head hanging as a chain was keeping him to the wall by his neck and wrists. Clearly the man had already endured some questioning from other members of the Intelligence Division. The bruises and sights of burns were clear. The man wouldn't after all see the light of the day ever again, thus there were no restrictions that held Meisa or her department back from getting their answers.

"Good day." She calmly stated, stopping a feet away from the man. He didn't look up, but Meisa didn't seem to be bothered as she would start to make notes. "I hope you're enjoying your stay in the capital. The season is a bit wrong, cause I would recommend Spring, but nothing to do about that. I apologize."

The man mumbled something, but Meisa continued. "I see that some of my friends already have spent some time with you. It is always refreshing to see a new face here. Some of us are quite curious. You see," Meisa glanced up from her notepad at the man, "I myself had spend some time at the east. Not too far inland, but remaining at the coast of the Sky, Wolf and ---"

"Kill me."

"Hm?" Meisa frowned. A second later, the man grunted as a he would feel a hard kick against the side of his head. One of the men, who wasn't carrying a torch, pulled his leg back and stepped backwards. "That is rude. Interrupting a lady while she is talking. Now, where was I?" A moment of silence dawned upon them.

"Ah yes. It was some years ago. Not really the best time of my life. But I am digesting! We're here for you after all. Thus, name?" Meisa asked. The man glanced up at her and then mumbled something. Crouching, Meisa locked her eyes with his. "Name?"

"Fuck---"

]
The screams kept filling the air, going through the halls. Meisa stared at the man, who was heavily breathing and reeling back from the treatment from one of her men. The result of the treatment resulted in more burns on the skin of the man. It wasn't perhaps humane, but the woman was left unfazed by the sight or smell. This man had tried to hurt others. Tried to harm a nation for which she had bled, sweat and almost died for. If anything, she felt only resentment towards this man and who ever had hired him.

Inspecting the nails of her right hand, the man without the torch took two steps back. Looking back at their captive, Meisa knew that everybody - even very experienced and drilled agents - had their limitations. Fear, pain or patience. All that it took was just hitting the right mark and eventually a person would give up. Where she could've ordered to read their minds, it was a bit of a problem. The first three attempts hadn't manage to pull out much information, because there was something else. Another source of chakra that made it harder to place a genjutsu or infiltrate the minds of this man and the other that had been captured.

"We both know that you're going to talk. Eventually at least. I've all the time. Now, do you want another try?" Meisa asked. The man was still too busy with regulating his breath. Crouching again, the eyes of the woman radiated a certain coldness. "Name?"

That was a tough nut to crack. Her notepad was filled with information at least. What she had so far uncovered, combined with what they had discovered earlier was quite intriguing. The people who had turned into beasts were in fact still human. On the outside there was no sign of the weird modifications that had been either born as a part of a kekkei genkei or somebody forming them to be capable of performing body-shifting techniques. There was more to it however.

What was really surprising was that their chakra systems were vastly different. It wasn't as if the chakra was stronger or weaker. It was just normal chakra, but it wasn't human or any kind of animal that they knew of before. It seemed mixed and formed into something new. Walking back to her office, Meisa wondered briefly what she should think of it. Experiments on living humans wasn't rare. A decade ago, it was something that every nation did. Even before the Great War it was done for all kind of reasons. To develop more knowledge on how to use chakra more effectively. To create weapons out of people and to research on the effects of certain kekkei genkei and possible to create new ones.

For some time it wasn't that favorite anymore in a large number of countries. Though several of them still were indulging into submitting their own people or captives to gruesome experiments. Meisa thought of the Wind country and there were some rumors about the Bear country and some of the far western countries that they knew off. But she had to file in a report for the other higher ups to be aware of what she had discovered so far.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Saki Yamanaka, chocolate]
Being invited? Wait, WHAT?!!!!
Specialized Jounin | Team Konohagakure 6 | Konoha, at (Saki's) home.

Cleaning up, Saki had left Hideki to his own devices. Where he was? No idea. What he was up to? No idea. And she was glad with that he was clearly indulging into something. Hopefully something that wouldn't make him end up in some trouble. But there was also another reason why she was glad that Hideki was venturing out on his own.

She felt hurt from what he had said in Keishi.

It was incredibly silly, she was well aware of that. He didn't know that what he had said, about marriage, was actually something that had made her feel bad. They were young and had a lot to experience and spend way more time before it would be a thing she would consider seriously. But it was more that she was slight angry and quite saddened that it made her get the idea that he wasn't interested in building a future with her.

Not that she was ever dreaming of a huge marriage, where everybody she knew and love would come. Where he would carry her away as they would live in a house just outside the busy districts. And only to follow up with some months later the news that she was pregnant.

No, it was something she didn't want at all. She just dreamed of it. Even knowing she was a kunoichi and he a shinobi. Already his face reminded her every time of the harsh reality that they could literally wind up dead after each mission. And if that wasn't enough, then there was that family of his!

"Auw! Good... auw.." Hissing, Saki looked at her hand. She was busy with the dishes, but had lost focus and accidentally cut in the palm of her left hand. The cut wasn't deep, but it wasn't really comfortable. Deciding to first attend to the newly gained battle-wound, Saki let out a soft sigh. She knew that thinking Hideki wasn't considering a future with her was just a dramatic thought. Yet what else could she make of it?

"Oh sorry Saki, but I just am here to live with you and at one point, bye." She mumbled, making her voice slightly deeper to 'mimic' Hideki's. Bandaging her palm, Saki didn't stop. It felt good actually. "Oh, don't mind me, Saki. I just will eat and be around as well pestering you from time to time. But don't worry, I will just be... auw." Narrowing her eyes as she felt a sting of pain running through her hand as result of the bandage being quite tight wrapped around.

Pouting, Saki stared at her hand. It was wrong to be angry at him. It wasn't justified to be acting as she was doing now. But it felt good to just clear her thoughts for a moment. Getting up, she would continue to finish cleaning. The kitchen was first and luckily there wasn't much else that needed get cleaned up. Now what remained was just checking the mail.

There were a few letters for her. There weren't any for Hideki, but she figured that he had yet to sign himself up at her address. Something she wouldn't pressure or ask, cause if anything, she didn't want to act needy as well. Taking them to the living room, Saki would sit down on the couch. Placing the letters, except one, on the coffee table the young woman would open it and read what it had to say. Nothing really interesting. Her parents were asking if she wouldn't mind to eat dinner with them soon. Frowning slightly, Saki considered when would be the best time for her. Probably sooner than later as she wasn't sure when she would be send out on a mission.

Putting the letter aside, Saki would pick up another letter. Opening the envelop, she would calmly start to read the content. It were the neighbors who were planning to organize a barbecue together. In the cold of autumn? Sure, the weather was still somewhat good, but who in their right mind would consider to do that? Sighing, Saki decided she would latter ask what Hideki would like.

Placing the letter aside, Saki frowned. Leaning forward, she moved two letter aside as she picked one up. It had a rather decorative crest on the front of the envelop. Not recognizing the crest, Saki grew curious. Opening it slowly, she would pull out the folded letter.

As her eyes moved her gaze over the content of the letter, they widened slowly. Her breathing became slower as her hands were starting to shake.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

The yell escaped the young woman as she started to flail her arms around, while holding on to the letter. She seemed more into panic than anything else. "No! No! No! Bad, bad, bad! Oh no, no.... noooooo." Kneeling, Saki grunted as she squeezed her eyes closed while trying to figure a way out of what she was being pulled into.

The letter was send from the Captain-Commander of the Tiger Claws. It was a simple invitation from the leader of the specialized unit. But not just a special unit, but one of the most elite one in the Empire. Much like the Sworn Swords, the Tiger claws were one of the three elite units that were responsible for guarding the ruler of the realm as they consisted out of the best and most loyal of veterans and elites in the realm. And now she was being invited to join and train among them aside from being a kunoichi.

Laying on her side, Saki kept her eyes closed. A great honor, that was what it was. To be selected and invited to become part of such an unit wasn't something many would likely experience. And while she was somewhat overjoyed, Saki was also quite afraid. She was perhaps a specialized jounin and had quite some experience in the field, but those people were elites. Elites! If anything, she was worried that she wouldn't even be able to do anything that they should be capable of. Letting out another grunt, she knew that declining would be wrong. A chance of a life time, that was what it was. To throw that away would be quite dumb. Way dumber than to just panic and flail around.

Biting her lower lip, Saki slowly opened her eyes. Staring at the letter, she could also think of some positive things. To be trained and educated to become a future member of the Tiger Claws meant she would be able to spend more time with Kiyomi. Wouldn't it? Or at least it could mean more prestige to her name.

Rolling on her back, Saki thought further. Saki, loyal and proud member of the Tiger Claws, of the Yamanaka clan. Didn't roll off the tongue that easily. She even tried it herself. No, wasn't really a smooth one. Yet it sounded quite good. That and if she had some more prestige then those Hyuuga couldn't complain about her and Hideki. Could they? Prestige was something important for some of those old families after all.

Though as Saki got up and managed to calm herself, a little whisper made her still doubt.

What if they still wouldn't condone the relationship?

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Genjutsu Training, purple]
Genjutsu training!
Written by Inzane and Lesli

Summary:
Kazumo learns a new genjutsu from Aiko.

[spoili]
Today would be a busy day. Rubbing the back of her head, Aiko was heading towards a training field, not so far from her home. One of her favorite places as it offer more than just a simple grass field. The Field number 7, with the small river splitting the field in half. Arriving at the field, Aiko glanced around as she had seen some people heading towards the training fields that were also close by. But seemed that nobody seemed to pick out the same. Which was all for the better, she imagined. Would be really messy if two parties would train at the same field. Not that she imagined she would need a lot of space for what she would teach Kazumo today.

At his apartment, Kazumo would be checking his equipment for the next time he decided to go hunting. His bow needed a new string soon and the bow itself was starting to warp slightly. His bow was rather important to being able to afford his rent so he needed to get it fixed soon. His mail would come in as usual around the same time, so standing up and going over to check it, it was about the same as everyday. A few letters from his father, some junk papers they included and one from Aiko. Opening the letter he examined it and practically bolted out the door. The letter spoke of genjutsu training and well being him, he was rather interested in the subject so getting any chances to learn about it was big to him. Arriving at the training field with a few minutes he would pant a little as he bowed to his sensei. "Hello sensei, are you going to teach me that genjutsu technique you promised last time?" Kazumo asked his eyes shining a bit from excitement.

She would let him recover a bit as she had seen him practically running for his life, arriving on the field. "Hey Kazumo." She flashed a smile. "Yes, though take it a bit easy. I reckon it won't be as daunting as the first genjutsu training. Lot of theory today and then once we got that down, we will proceed to the actual work." She informed him. "But how have you been? And," she snorted, "other than being a bit winded, how are you now?"

He nodded at her words yet still was quite happy, even if it wouldn't be as exciting as the first one was. Well exciting up until children hands started grabbing him, then it was odd. Yet she wanted to pace herself and started by asking how he has been and how he was now besides winded. He rubbed his chin and shrugged. "Eh can't complain, Korina is kind of a dick to learn from. Do you know that she made me punch and kick metal on several different occasions and made me punch a giant sword? Yet she did teach me a few useful tidbits while being the ass I now think she is." He said pausing for a few seconds to think of what else. "I met this pretty much blind woman called Monoka...... Girls are so..... weird. No offense to you though sensei! Just girls around my age. You are very nice. And as for how I am now, I'd say fine. I have to go get my bow fixed before I do anymore hunting though. What about yourself, how was the wedding?"

She seemed surprised by hearing that he had been training with Korina. "Punching a sword?" Her gaze lowered to his hands. She wasn't much fan of strength or being orientated on such feats, but she wondered for a moment what the purpose was. But it seemed that he had still all his fingers and such, so it was probably fine. "I can understand that you come to such a conclusion. With such events." The woman said, slight amused by the fact she was at least considered nice. That was after all, nice. "I've been fine. Bit busy, like with the wedding in the Uchiha compound. Was decent. The cake was nice." Pausing, she would start what he would likely wanted to start.

"Okay, last time we spoke about the basics. This genjutsu is ranked as a C one. Does that bring up anything in mind about the genjutsu? Anything you can predict or think off what can be expected of a C ranked genjutsu?" She asked him.

She seemed a bit confused about him punching a sword as she looked at his hands. Little did she know, it was because Korina liked playing dirty and did it to be a bit of a joker. Or as he liked to say a bit of an ass. She mentioned that the wedding was nice and so was the cake, yet that was about it so it really sounded like it was more boring than anything. She would then bring up this Genjutsu being C ranked which made him start to think of what it could be. Plenty of genjutsus could be C ranked based on what they do. Even his two were C ranked.

"Well.... maybe its one where it harms the target? Well makes them think they are being harmed. Maybe its a really psychological one, where it really messes with them and how they act?" He answered giving a guess of why it was C ranked.

Shaking her head lightly, Aiko would give the answer. "If it harms the target in a physical manner, then I suspect it would be ranked way higher. The majority of the genjutsu after all don't inflict any physical damage upon the target. C ranked is after all not that high ranked. It is above the novice rank of D-ranked genjutsu, but not that advanced as the B-ranked section." She told him. "The reason why this is a C ranked is because of the limited use one can do with this. And with that I mean that this genjutsu won't fool anybody unless you're in a surrounding that would make the victim or victims be confused and not able to see through the first instance that it is a genjutsu." Glancing at the trees at their right, Aiko beckoned him to come with her as she would head towards the trees. "I would've started this rather in the forests outside the walls. But seeing that the Senju project saw a change in that, with being developed into a more agriculture landscape, I suppose this has to make due."

Coming to a halt, Aiko glanced around one more time before placing her gaze back on Kazumo. "Take a moment to take in the surrounding. You're not under a genjutsu, but I want to memorize the surrounding and tell me when you're ready."

Well that made sense that anything damaging would be ranked higher than C. Then again a genjutsu that both tricked and harmed the target did sound pretty incredible. Questions for later. Yet she explained that it was C ranked due to it being limited and that it wont fool anybody unless you are in a surrounding that might confuse them at first instance. This was sounding so far like a genjutsu he would have to experience to fully understand, as he got what she was saying, but at the same time was confused on what she meant at being confused at a first instance. So when she beckoned him to follow, he would nod and follow behind her into some nearby trees. Yet the way she spoke made him all the more excited, this genjutsu could affect the landscape? That sounded incredible! Thats what he thought anyway, it made sense to him since she couldn't do it in the forest outside the walls due to the Senju project.

When instructed to take in the surroundings he would shrug but nod. So taking a look around they seemed like normal trees. Some shaped differently, some having birds nests while others didn't. He could go on about the difference between the trees but what he understood was that they were normal trees. He would look back at Aiko and nod at her to show he was ready for whatever she was going to do.

Weaving four hand signals, Aiko would then lower her hands again. It would take a second, but the next moment that Kazumo would blink, the trees seemed to have gotten closer and some new ones to have appeared. "Let's start with what is Ying and Yang, yes?" Aiko asked, as she gestured to the slight altered surrounding. There were small leaves that seemed to keep falling down from the trees, but no actual leaf seemed to be missing from the trees as it kept on continuing.

As she weaved the hand signals, he would look around confused at nothing happening. Yet as soon as he blinked a tree appeared out of nowhere in front of him causing him to jump backwards a bit and look around more. More trees, closer tree lleaves that kept falling despite none being missing from the trees itself. This was certainly confusing already. So when she asked what was Yin and Yang he remained silent for a bit before answering. "Thats... a hard one to say. I know some of the trees are real but some aren't. I know the trees would be Yin as with the leaves, The never ending leaves though has to be Yang, and maybe the fake trees are also yang?" He guessed looking at Aiko with but an enjoyed look but a puzzled one as well.

"Almost." She answered. Pointing at the falling leaves around him, she would speak up again. "The leaves are Ying, that part is correct. However, how are you certain that those who keep dropping the leaves are fake? Any way to try to test that out?" She asked, glancing back at Kazumo. It was rather obvious that he wouldn't have the time for that during a battle or chase, but this was a training for a reason, no?

He kind of figured he would be off, yet when she brought up the question he once again looked at the trees spewing out the leaves yet never losing one. Well he knew a simple way of testing this out, yet this could just be the Genjutsus trick. So taking out a kunai, he would for a small branch that a kunai could easily go through without trouble. Once spotting one he would hurl the kunai at it and see what would happen.

Not a thud was heard as the kunai moved through the branch. "That is a way." She nodded. "Though, what now? You know that tree is not real. The leaves are not real, but want to know a fun thing?" She gestured to the falling leaves again. "Your brain progress information the whole time you see something. Everything that moves is progressed and registered. The only problem is when the scene in front contains so much movement that it will even hide the most subtle of movement. For example to make it clear, what have you been focusing on while trying to figure out what is and what isn't real?"

No sound echoed so it was indeed fake as she would say as well, yet would follow it up with one of her question which made him frown as he tried to think of what to do. Yet she would give him a hint at his brain progressing information as he see things, that includes anything that moves. Yet as she said when too much is there it hides subtle things. So when she asked what he had been observing on he would point at the falling leaves. "The leaves, they were the most out of ordinary. So my attention stuck to them." He answered as he slightly understood more, but not to the point he could break this kind of genjutsu.

"And thus you would've been dead or lost the person who would use this to escape." Aiko paused for a moment. "I told you that the brain progresses information and then you can react on it. Effectively this means that a person skilled in sneaking around or attacking from a distance, will have an opening. And even if you or anybody has some sharp eyes, the moving leaves will continue to keep progressing information and concealing thus both visually as indirectly movement. Or cause a loss of focus. Keep that in mind. No matter how sharp the eyes, everybody can loss focus even due to the most simple of things. Like," holding her hand up, a leaf fell on her palm. "A leaf. Nothing dangerous at all or would you disagree now?"

Listening to her explanation, it cleared up a bit, but it still rose some questions. This genjutsu seemed harmless and simple, yet with what she said. It could have very well just killed him. "Indeed, it can be dangerous.... Yet how would you combat such a thing? Keep your focus on the target? Even then, what about the extra trees that come about, can you simply just go right through them? And how would you know which ones are even fake?" He asked frowning slightly at his own incompetence at not being able to understand something that looked simple and easy.

Waiting till she was sure he had asked all the questions that he had, Aiko would gesture to the tree that he was certain of to be a fake one. "To combat a genjutsu that alters the surrounding like this is to remain calm. It is meant to make one lose focus and thus present a way to escape or attack those who are being influenced. In order to really combat this is through the use of sensory ninjutsu or having trained your sense to not rely only on your eyes." She explained to him. "And yes, you could go through those trees as they are made up from Ying chakra and not from Yang. They are simply images and nothing more. Problem is that behind that tree might be another tree, which you won't phase through. Then you would just phase through one tree and ending up getting a bruise on your face for ramming a real one head on." She briefly laughed. "I imagine that the pretty girl wouldn't like to see you getting bruised like that."

Explaining ways to combat it, seemed pretty natural. Sensory Ninjutsu would be helpful yet he didn't have such, and relying on other senses. It made sense eyesight didn't fare well in this situation, unless you had the worlds most picture perfect mind and could pick out the fake from real in a flash. So smell and hearing and maybe touch were the way to go. Yet she would then bring up the pretty girl not liking the fact he might bruise his face and would flush a bit and fold his arms. "I have no idea what you mean! I don't think she would mind tha- I MEAN! What pretty girl!?" Kazumo stated frowning at Aiko a bit for teasing him, she was no longer on the nice list.

Snorting back a laughter, Aiko raised her hands a bit as if he was accusing her of something. "No need to get all riled up. I've been a teen as well. But lets focus back on the genjutsu." Coughing twice, she would gesture to the surrounding. "Now, breaking out of this is rather simple. Go ahead, try it." She instructed him.

He still frowned at her as she only further teased him by saying she was a teen once too. What was that suppose to mean exactly .... Yet she would instruct him to break out of this genjutsu and that it was rather simple. Well it might have been simple to her, yet it was his first time seeing this so he still had some confusment to it. What kind of breaking did she mean? He would pause a few seconds before walking forward and around some trees with nothing happening. Would a simple release work in this case? Well it was worth a shot. So placing his hands together he would place the needed objects in their needed category. The tree and leaves being Ying and the fake trees would be Yang.

The images would slowly vanish as Aiko waited for a moment longer before she would speak again. "Good. Now, I suppose its time to learn the fun part. How to use and conjure the genjutsu on others." She raised her hands again by a bit. "First, let's go with the handseals. There are four and thus not really a problem." Weaving the Boar, Ox, Monkey and Hare in a slow pace so that he could memorize and repeat it by himself, she continued. "The way this genjutsu is cast is by ironically the 'generic' way. Glance at your opponent and when they are in sight, cast the genjutsu on them. Then the technique will do the lion's work."

After the extra trees vanished along with the never ending leaves. So it was that simple after all, he really had to stop over thinking it. Yet now came the time for him to learn how to do the Genjutsu himself. When she showed the four hand seals, he would practice them as she spoke looking at his hands. Then the way to pull it off is with a simple look at the target though oddly enough. "Thats all? Nothing else of note? Should I attempt it myself then?"

"Yes, go ahead. Genjutsu in general relies on having a visual on a target. That way you project the chakra and cast the illusion on the person. How this goes down in a micro-nivea, I don't think you want to know that. It has yet to be researched and made certain, though there are a lot of theories. Just remember that it isn't going to work to cast a generic genjutsu in a situation where you can't see the target. That they can't see you? That is often for the best."

He would listen to her and nod as he practiced weaving the handseals at first. He wanted to get the movement down before trying to cast the genjutsu. So after a few tries at the handseals, he would take a deep breath before weaving the handseals while focusing on his sensei. With the last hand seal he instantly knew he messed up. Instead of the multiplied trees and leaves that kept falling, he ended up making more tree.... saplings. He would look down at the saplings and rub the back of his head. "..... Are you falling for it?" He asked with a nervous laugh.

"Euhm, not really." Aiko slowly said as she frowned briefly. Releasing the genjutsu, she made a short gesture. "Just try it again. Remember the theory and stay calm. Nothing more to it." Aiko said.

Well that was sad and embarrassing. Yet her words of advice made him smile and nod, as he would take a few deep breaths. When he was certain he was calm, he would attempt the handseals again. With her as the visual he would remain a little neutral when he made multiple trees, yet couldn't quite get the leaves to keep falling. "What are you focusing on more when you made the leaves keep falling?"

"To be honest, not. I use the hand signals and know what the effect is. Though, judging on that you see the trees... Perhaps focus more on me. You shouldn't be able to see them, cause that would just be a hindrance to you." Aiko said, hiding her amusement as she had wondered if he would pick that little fact up as well. "Just weave the handsignals and don't worry too much. Let the technique do the work, okay?"

She just let it do its thing and focused on the target? Was it really that simple? A little hesitant he brought his hands up as he looked at his sensei and weaved the handseals. And much to his surprise that advice worked. More trees were around and leaves would fall yet never vanish from the trees. His face lit up with happiness, as he grinned at his sensei.

"This is better. Seems you're getting the hang of it. Good work, Kazumo." Aiko said, before dispelling the technique. Lowering her hands, the woman would tilt her head slightly to the left. "Now that you got that one done, it is just from here one to practice it and remember the basics. Any questions before we conclude that this is the end of today's training?"

He smiled at her praise and would nod that he would practice and remember the basic. Yet since she asked him if he had any question he nodded. "Who taught you Genjutsu? You are such a professional at it, that your teacher must be a legend at it."

Her expressions changed, the cheerful woman's face turned into a more blank one. It was for a second only as she would give him an answer. "I taught it myself. Had to, seeing the Great War was raging around. And when people are desperate and find themselves alone... well, you tend to try to learn everything you can to survive." Flashing an apologizing smile, Aiko rubbed her neck. "After getting down the basics to just know how to keep myself out of trouble and what not, I started to gain more of an interest into it. I hate killing and hurting people. With genjutsu I can attempt to take somebody down without hurting them or killing them. That was what made me indulge further into it." Briefly pausing, Aiko would end her answer. "Other than that, I had some help from my husband. Had nobody else that really helped me out with it."

His face couldn't hide his amazed expression, his sensei was this good all on her own? His sensei really was the best teacher he could ask for. "You were this great all by yourself for the most part? Damn it'd be scary to see if someone had taught you. Who knows how amazing you could be. You really are the best sensei that I could ever have!" Kazumo said cheerfully, fully amused by what he just learned. "Just one more question then, are you still free for next hour? Cause if you are I want to re pay you with lunch!"

Aiko was quite surprised by the reply. It took her a moment before she could even answer back. She the best sensei? Great? No, not in her own opinion."If you say so. Hehe." Her cheeks flared up a light reddish taint as she would then consider his request. "Okay. I think I can spare a hour. The paperwork can wait. Though how about we split the payment? No need to treat me after all."

He smiled and chuckled a bit. "Awesome! Yet are you sure? I don't wish to hold you off from anything important. Besides how else am I suppose to repay you for everything you've done for me so far? Its only fair you let me treat you."

"I'm sure." She said, subtly gesturing for him to lead the way. "As for repaying me, I suppose to stay alive and not using my teachings for something bad would be enough. It is after all why I am being paid for. To educate and train you and others to become capable shinobi. If I would start to seriously request money or being treated for that, I don't think I would be a great sensei anymore."

He counter proposal made him pout but nod his head at what she offered as he begane to lead them. "Fine, I'll accept that, but that just means you will have to keep teaching me so my odds of surviving increases. So looks like you get to be stuck with a student like me." He said smiling at the thought though.

"Huh, seems so." She said, her face showing she was pondering about his words. "That means that my lunches are getting a bit cheaper, thinking about it. That and I don't mind you as a student." For a second she wanted to add that she had faced worse students. There were already a few coming in mind, but they had all left the team. One way or another.

He smiled at her words, since they made him happy to know she didn't dislike him. Yet he couldn't help but laugh at her lunches being cheaper. "That they will, is that your way of saying you will eat lunch with me again though?" He asked her since thats what it seemed to mean to him.

Shooting a look at him, Aiko seemed to be amused by his question. "It would be weird if I would say that and not mean that. Besides, why wouldn't I? If I didn't like to go on a lunch with you, I would've come up with an excuse. Not that I would do that, that would be quite rude."

"Well thats good to know, but I don't know I feel like if you really wanted to. You could be as mean as you are nice. Yet I like you just the way you are now... even if you might exaggerate the simpleness of some subjects haha." Kazumo said laughing before they would arrive at the destination, with Kazumo holding the door open for her.

"Oh, I hope I won't be too often mean." She answered, nodding to him as he held the door open for her. "And I do? Oh, I must admit that I do prefer to keep some subjects... simple.~" Aiko said, a smile creeping on her lips.

Hearing those words come lout of her mouth along with that smile slightly made him shudder as he laughed nervously. "Is that so? Well maybe my next lesson can be less simple, hahaha." He mumbled before closing the door behind himself.

[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Miu Sanosuke, seagreen, solid"] Miu would wave at Rei who arrived and would give the little boy a friendly smile. Before the hound that was her cousin and sensei would unleash her wrath on them. She would state the obvious that they weren't given any orders yet so until then, they would be training. Normally that was fine, yet when it was an aggressive woman who in the words of her cousin needs some loving, said training. It meant hell most likely. Yet surprisingly she just wanted them to climb to the rooftop? That was.... oh no chakra. Miu would look at the height of the building and curse in her own mind before gazing at Rei. "So..... This may be weird to say. Yet I think that if we use the windows as leverage. One person climbs up first and then the other climbs up them, and proceeds to grab the next ledge, and repeat that until we reach the roof. Sound like a plan little dude?" Miu would ask him as she walked over to the wall of the house waiting for Rei's answer.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Aya Oda, blue, solid"] When Shin arrived she beamed happily at him and gave him a hug. "Frosty! And no I think she just dislikes..... everything. Don't want to make our new sensei upset." She exclaimed putting her fists on her hips nodding her head. Then the rest of the team would follow in pursuit. Yet she only knew Frosty so the others were more or less strangers. Thats when the sensei would give them their mission of patrolling, witht he stipulation being they had to keep each other withing sight and if they didn't, they would get a pay deduction. She motioned them to get moving which made her pout before waving at Frosty. "Don't worry guys, I'll watch you guys like a hawk.... A hawk that could watch you." Aya would then giggle before running off to her post, hoping the others would follow in pursuit. [/fieldbox]

Ayame Yukiteru
Sky Country
Genin
Team 3

She almost wanted to cry when she learned they weren't going home, from what seems to be anytime soon. She just wanted to hole herself up in her house until the next mission called forth, but that wouldn't be happening anytime soon. She was glad she didn't leave Chibi behind, the pup was resting in her arms. She was finally getting more and more teeth, and she was getting bigger. Well, not that fast, it was only a week. She also was copying whatever she said and was speaking more fluently in the human language.
They had another mission to do, and she was walking with a fast pace to the meeting point. She was coming out of her ice cold shock nicely, though the city overwhelmed her quite a bit. The buildings felt like they were staring down at her... Watching her...

"I... I'm here, Satoshi-sensei." She spoke softly, keeping a proper hold on Chibi, who currently was being held much like an infant, the white pup was even playing the part with sleeping in her arms.