Status
Not open for further replies.

"Ah, you had fire. I was occupied in destroying the daemon's anchor; his mask. I had thought I was too slow in the endeavor," I replied evenly, my eyes flickering to my captive Handsome Jack on the occasion. I looked back to Jacob... and chuckled, almost derisively as would befit someone of my office. "An Inquisitor is not someone to anger. Nor would any take kindly to being pickpocketed. I trust you can understand."

When he made mention of the guardsman's pistol, I peered immediately to within my vicinity and around, "The girl in white and pink. She had no gun so to speak, merely a blade that she was not adept with. I gave it to her after testing your munitions; they were barely compatible. I suspect its performance will degrade with their use. All shall be well so long as I reclaim it for the techpriests to refurbish."

When the queen's envoy extended his apology, I was surprised. Though it was impossible for Jacob to determine. "In that case, I apologize for smashing your nose. It appears to be in working order. Well, as does everything."

"She tried to kill him, Owlman. Truly distraught, it took a few of us to calm her. I have lost track of her since. My apologies, I've been distracted with concerns elsewhere." Aside Handsome Jack.

@DapperDogman
"I should have broken your elbow for doing that" Jacob quips, chuckling softly, before pausing, hearing his sister had tried to kill Owlman for his death "And she says I'm impulsive..."
"Thank you for the information" He adds, before heading away from the group, leaving Jack to the mob for now as he searches for any sign of his sister

@Ellya
@Indolent

As he went to open it, Keaton would be accosted by a Little Sister jumping unto his face while another jumped out and tried to escape from the group.

After a short while the ghastly girl's features would return to that of a young girl. "Great!" Caira replied having cured the other Little Sister by now as well. "I think that was all of them here at least..."

Suddenly the group could hear a crash back from where the entrance was.

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Tsutsutsu~ you're adorable, aren't you. Don't worry, we'll get you out of here..."​

As soon as the crash hit, Soldier: 76 was already sprinting back towards it. Taking a pause at the doorway, he turned to the rest of the squad.

tumblr_o7lbljpZjN1ssnaqwo2_500.gif

"ENEMY CONTACTS, LETS MOVE! GET THE GIRLS OUTTA HERE!" the old man barked back to his allies, seemingly taking command. His gaze snapped to that of McCree for a few seconds, before he seemed to shake his head and turn back around, taking point and sprinting ahead. It seems to be in everyone's best interest to follow the old man.

For once, anyway.

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi

nONr4Kt.webp

"... LIKE, RIGHT NOW!"
Mirei grabbed some of the girls by her arms as they headed out. Woosh~
Caira would send the girls to a nearby vent before following the others to the entrance.

Once there they'd see the cause of the crash. Right next to the exit they'd find the body of Armaggon. If anyone dared to get closer they'd find him to be still breathing.

dpeyrHi.webp

"B- bye bye..." Mirei waves, "I didn't get to name her, but now it's time to name us. Our next task is..."

A shark.​

Caira would go closer and lean down next to him. "Barely, this tells me the other group have done their business though."

Removing the grenade launcher from her shoulder she'd fire a grenade at him but instead of exploding it seemed to heal him. "Well he's not gonna die anymore anyway."

@Crow @Takumi @Sen @Hana @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Ryu Keiko @Josh M @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Krieg @Crimson Spartan
2f487c7a97d19602ffe8755043bbe026.jpg

Kana's ears perked up at the mention of home, stepping closer to Keaton. She had been avoiding combat, despite her species and what... power dragons were known for. She shuddered at the thought of Anankos, horrible memories resurfacing. Wadanohara was tired from casting that many spells, the last thing Kana wanted was to get her into trouble or hurt herself. "We can go home now?" she echoed after the Wolfskin, tilting her head at her allies. "Can we? Can we?"

@Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Little Wonder

"... so it's all over huh? Kana, Wadanohara, Keaton, I... kinda have something to say before we part ways. Let's talk on the way there."

@Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @LittleWonders​

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Tsutsutsu~ you're adorable, aren't you. Don't worry, we'll get you out of here..."​

nONr4Kt.webp

"... LIKE, RIGHT NOW!"

dpeyrHi.webp

"B- bye bye..." Mirei waves, "I didn't get to name her, but now it's time to name us. Our next task is..."

A shark.​

"... so it's all over huh? Kana, Wadanohara, Keaton, I... kinda have something to say before we part ways. Let's talk on the way there."

@Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @LittleWonders​
Soldier: 76 would, too, seem taken aback at the idea that the mission was over. Just like that, everything was all well again? The old man, no matter how hopeful he had turned throughout this living hell, wasn't ready to accept the notion until he saw it with his own two eyes. He looked back at McCree for a couple seconds in brief thought, before shaking his head.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

"The mission ain't over yet, kid." said to Mirei, interrupting her heartfelt ending speech. Giving her a quick, reassuring pat on the head, he turned to the rest of the group.

"We still haven't heard back from the other party. If they don't come back soon, I'm finding them, and kickin' their asses for taking so long."

"...or, dying" the old man grumbled, in his usual grumpy fashion.

@Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @LittleWonders​

tumblr_o91jdjWt3t1v3qowuo8_100.png

As things had calmed down to a discussion by the looks of it, Nier rested himself finally, collapsing to the ground. It was only now that he realized that he was overworking himself during that confrontation. Once getting some hold over his breath, Nier went to retrieve his other greatsword before weakly walking over to the others, seeing that they were discussing on what to do with Handsome Jack now.

tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo9_100.png

"... whatever we choose to do, I'll refrain from putting any... choice into it. I... I won't think straight if I do..."

Sharing those words, Nier stumbled a bit, using his Nameless Blade almost like a walking cane for now. He felt like passing out, but kept himself upright. His thoughts racing madly, Nier felt the dizziness settle in... making him feel the fatigue he ignored during that fight...

@Indolent @Ringmaster @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Takumi @T.O.M. @york @Kaykay @C.T. @Jeremi @The Tactician @DapperDogman

After everything that had occurred, Vanille came from wherever she'd been while the group had been fighting against Handsome Jack. She wasn't in the best of conditions, considering she and everyone had been running for their lives the entire time they'd been here. The Oerbian tended to become tired after traveling around nonstop. Although she wasn't completely full of energy, the young woman was alarmed with how Nier stood, using his weapon to support himself.

She approached him quietly.

000072r6

"I told you to be careful, didn't I?" Vanille spoke.

She then noticed that black runes that were on Nier's neck. She grew even more worried.

00006add

"...You...have something on your neck,"
she informed him.

@Gummi Bunnies //more shit post xoxo​

After everything that had occurred, Vanille came from wherever she'd been while the group had been fighting against Handsome Jack. She wasn't in the best of conditions, considering she and everyone had been running for their lives the entire time they'd been here. The Oerbian tended to become tired after traveling around nonstop. Although she wasn't completely full of energy, the young woman was alarmed with how Nier stood, using his weapon to support himself.

She approached him quietly.

000072r6

"I told you to be careful, didn't I?" Vanille spoke.

She then noticed that black runes that were on Nier's neck. She grew even more worried.

00006add

"...You...have something on your neck,"
she informed him.

@Gummi Bunnies //more shit post xoxo​

Looking up at the pinkette, Nier weakly smiled, seeing that she was alright. That didn't mean that he was fine, however, he was well aware that he had pushed himself too far. Recklessly forgetting about that small promise he made to Vanille, not throwing himself into danger so much to protect others... Guess his habits never change or die off as much as he wanted them to.

tumblr_o92wrsLroN1v3qowuo6_100.png

"... figures. No wonder I feel all tired... guess I got too carried away, and wanted to help out for everybody's sake so much again..."

It was a given, Nier had always been like this, and he wouldn't change so drastically in one day. Much to the annoyance of Grimoire Weiss, much to piss off Kainé, and much to worry both Emil and now Vanille, Nier's selfless devotion to protect others and to help out if it meant risking his life... that would never change. As long as he was around and contributing, he didn't mind getting hurt along the way...

For a moment, Nier would try to stand on his own, but he couldn't even't support himself flat on his feet... even with the support of his sword. Did he really push himself that much that his muscles felt like giving out? He wasn't sure, but he immediately snapped out of his thoughts once Vanille had commented about something on his neck...

tumblr_o91mteE7cr1v3qowuo4_100.png

"... what?"

His eyes widened at that thought. There was no way... Nier positioned himself to where he would use his Nameless Blade as a mirror... Black runes stamped into his skin, crawling around like parasites and teasing their movements... as if they were meaning to extend their reach onto his head and face... Such a sight horrified him, and not only for the grotesque display of it... but more of how familiar it appeared to him. Just thinking about it... it haunted him... wanted to eat him whole from the inside...

"No... no no no... please no..."

His breathing intensified, sweat began to race down from his face, his knees dropping to the ground as if in defeat. As his sword clattered to the ground, Nier frantically pulled his right arm sleeve to view his own skin, wanting to be more and that it was only something else. It didn't matter to him if it were harmful, it just couldn't be that out of all things! Unfortunately, his fears were correct, his arm was covered up in those same black runes. Just seeing more of these black runes... horrifying memories flashed in his head, causing a terrible migraine to settle in on top of his fatigue caused by the battle and these black runes.

Memories flashed in his head, places familiar and unfamiliar, scenarios familiar and unfamiliar... and yet, it would always involve him and his little sister Yonah. Seeing his little sister suffering under the same condition, the black runes scattered all around her skin... Each memory, whether or not it was familiar to him, it was revolving around his struggle to cure his little sister from these black runes... and now that he had saw the very same runes on himself... he felt the dreadful despair settle in...

tumblr_o92wrsLroN1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... is... is this it for me? T... There's no cure... for... for this...."

Scared to the bone, Nier didn't dare look at Vanille, he didn't want to worry her so much about his newly discovered condition. Nier wasn't even aware of how long these runes had been resting inside his body. Solemnly looking over his hands, he trembled with his voice, losing all of the confidence and determination he had before.

"... out of all times... why must... I... get the... Black Scrawl? Why... why now?"

@A Tiny Fool @everybody else in the assault group @killingmar'sfeelsrn​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Crimson Spartan
Soldier: 76 would, too, seem taken aback at the idea that the mission was over. Just like that, everything was all well again? The old man, no matter how hopeful he had turned throughout this living hell, wasn't ready to accept the notion until he saw it with his own two eyes. He looked back at McCree for a couple seconds in brief thought, before shaking his head.

"The mission ain't over yet, kid." said to Mirei, interrupting her heartfelt ending speech. Giving her a quick, reassuring pat on the head, he turned to the rest of the group.

"We still haven't heard back from the other party. If they don't come back soon, I'm finding them, and kickin' their asses for taking so long."

@Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @LittleWonders​

The cowboy gave him an exhausted glance. "He's right, little miss. Ain't over till we know the others are alright. Meanwhile... You did good, kid. Proud of ya." He took off his hat and went to set it on the girl's head, giving a cocky grin even through his exhaustion. "Keep it. Too hot for it anyways."

@Crow
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Reactions: Takumi and Crow
"Then does this mean we can reunite with them soon?" Clare asked simply. She looked down at the metalic shark with curiosity but made no further comment on it.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @Anybody I missed @Little Wonders
"Soooo.... Wait.... If he's been taken out.... Then that could mean they've won up there.... Did we... Did we win after all...? Can we finally go home...?" Important question but the Wolfskin was very worried for his pack after all. That and he needed to get Kana home safely.. After all her mother must be very worried about her.

But all of that had to wait as he turned to Ty Lee...

"Hey, Thanks for getting that little girl off of me earlier. I didn't want to hurt her but you seemed to take care of it without hurting her..." Keaton commented thanking Ty Lee for her help earlier...

@Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Little Wonder
2f487c7a97d19602ffe8755043bbe026.jpg

Kana's ears perked up at the mention of home, stepping closer to Keaton. She had been avoiding combat, despite her species and what... power dragons were known for. She shuddered at the thought of Anankos, horrible memories resurfacing. Wadanohara was tired from casting that many spells, the last thing Kana wanted was to get her into trouble or hurt herself. "We can go home now?" she echoed after the Wolfskin, tilting her head at her allies. "Can we? Can we?"

@Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @Atomyk @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Crow @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee @Little Wonder
oXY7KPL.jpg

nONr4Kt.webp

"... LIKE, RIGHT NOW!"

dpeyrHi.webp

A shark.​

latest

Wadanohara's eyes glazed over distantly as she caught sight of the metallic shark. The familiar silhouette of a shark, even if this one was made of metal and steel, sent a wave of longing over the witch. She remembered him, and how he would often let her ride on him in his shark form. Much like how Kana was helping her now... "Samekichi... I wonder how you are now?" She murmured sadly, before turning away. At least it seemed like things were over, and they could go home soon. She tapped once on the dragon's scales to garner her attention, though her eyes flickered to Mirei.

"There's something I'd like to tell Kana, Keaton, and Mirei too. And something I'd like to share," she smiled softly at them.

@Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @CruncyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Atomk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Little Wonders​

Looking up at the pinkette, Nier weakly smiled, seeing that she was alright. That didn't mean that he was fine, however, he was well aware that he had pushed himself too far. Recklessly forgetting about that small promise he made to Vanille, not throwing himself into danger so much to protect others... Guess his habits never change or die off as much as he wanted them to.

tumblr_o92wrsLroN1v3qowuo6_100.png

"... figures. No wonder I feel all tired... guess I got too carried away, and wanted to help out for everybody's sake so much again..."

It was a given, Nier had always been like this, and he wouldn't change so drastically in one day. Much to the annoyance of Grimoire Weiss, much to piss off Kainé, and much to worry both Emil and now Vanille, Nier's selfless devotion to protect others and to help out if it meant risking his life... that would never change. As long as he was around and contributing, he didn't mind getting hurt along the way...

For a moment, Nier would try to stand on his own, but he couldn't even't support himself flat on his feet... even with the support of his sword. Did he really push himself that much that his muscles felt like giving out? He wasn't sure, but he immediately snapped out of his thoughts once Vanille had commented about something on his neck...

tumblr_o91mteE7cr1v3qowuo4_100.png

"... what?"

His eyes widened at that thought. There was no way... Nier positioned himself to where he would use his Nameless Blade as a mirror... Black runes stamped into his skin, crawling around like parasites and teasing their movements... as if they were meaning to extend their reach onto his head and face... Such a sight horrified him, and not only for the grotesque display of it... but more of how familiar it appeared to him. Just thinking about it... it haunted him... wanted to eat him whole from the inside...

"No... no no no... please no..."

His breathing intensified, sweat began to race down from his face, his knees dropping to the ground as if in defeat. As his sword clattered to the ground, Nier frantically pulled his right arm sleeve to view his own skin, wanting to be more and that it was only something else. It didn't matter to him if it were harmful, it just couldn't be that out of all things! Unfortunately, his fears were correct, his arm was covered up in those same black runes. Just seeing more of these black runes... horrifying memories flashed in his head, causing a terrible migraine to settle in on top of his fatigue caused by the battle and these black runes.

Memories flashed in his head, places familiar and unfamiliar, scenarios familiar and unfamiliar... and yet, it would always involve him and his little sister Yonah. Seeing his little sister suffering under the same condition, the black runes scattered all around her skin... Each memory, whether or not it was familiar to him, it was revolving around his struggle to cure his little sister from these black runes... and now that he had saw the very same runes on himself... he felt the dreadful despair settle in...

tumblr_o92wrsLroN1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... is... is this it for me? T... There's no cure... for... for this...."

Scared to the bone, Nier didn't dare look at Vanille, he didn't want to worry her so much about his newly discovered condition. Nier wasn't even aware of how long these runes had been resting inside his body. Solemnly looking over his hands, he trembled with his voice, losing all of the confidence and determination he had before.

"... out of all times... why must... I... get the... Black Scrawl? Why... why now?"

@A Tiny Fool @everybody else in the assault group @killingmar'sfeelsrn​

Vanille noticed how Nier refused to make eye contact with her. From what she heard him saying, she could tell that with the mark on his neck—the Black Scrawl—it was the end of the line for him. It reminded her of her l'Cie brand. If a l'Cie failed to completed their designated Focus, they would turn into beasts called Ce'ith. There were no hopes of turning back into a human once you'd turned a Ce'ith. They were creatures that attacked any living thing on site. No one ever wanted to become one of those things. In many eyes, death was the better option than becoming a mindless, bloodthirsty beast. She was lucky to have even finished her Focus.

"Nier..."

"It's not fair."

After everything they'd been through, Nier fought so hard in order to make his way back home to his little sister, Yonah. Nier didn't deserve any of this. He was kind to those around him, despite the situation he faced with being trapped in Rapture. He was considerate: willing to help those that weren't doing so well. He was strong and determined. He fought long and hard against foes that were tougher than he was. He was daring, taking many risks just to make sure his comrades made it out whatever situation safely.

So why, of all people, why was this happening to him? Why was fate so cruel?

Vanille worried for Yonah. What would happen when Nier was gone? Would Yonah be alright? Who would take care of her? She had so many questions.

ff13vanille7.png

"But... I promised to get you back home. We can't... You... Your sister..."

vanille5_yunie_sigh-3.png

"What do we do?"

Vanille experienced the pain of losing someone numerous amounts of times. But this time it felt different. She didn't know at this point.

@Gummi Bunnies @cryingithurtschoochoomotherfucker​

The After Party

Everything seemed to have settled down. The group had forced Handsome Jack to have the ones in his army still fighting to stand down. Eggman had received reports that Columbia while badly hurt had managed to repel the Big Daddy army.

Now everyone would have made their way to the heart of Rapture.

latest

Market Street. I time bubble of how Rapture had looked like before the Civil War. It had been untouched by all of the chaos that had erupted through Rapture for the past two years. As an architect Symmetra in particular couldn't help but admire the scenery and the wonder of an untouched Rapture.

latest

The group would finally have been gathered together again. Handsome Jack and his cronies were surrounded by the Columbia soldiers that had arrived with Dr Eggman and the Monarch. They would get what was coming for them soon enough. Even Armaggon had surrendered quietly after Caira had healed him.

"Great job gang!" Reyna, Ya'Wara and Mae came up to the group all of them with a smile on their face. "We did it! No...you did it! I would've personally drowned the son of a bitch but I'm not going to argue with you right now. Cause we kicked his bitch ass to the curb and the people here will be able to live a normal life again."

"The question still remains though." Mae spoke up. "Even with Jack defeated, do we have the means to escape this world? And who originally brought the other group here."

"I believe I can be of assistance to both of your queries." An old man with a tinge of a German accent wearing a very weird looking costume would appear from the shadows.

250px-Killinger.png

"I am Doctor Henry Killinger, and this is my magical murder bag." He replied raising his bag for everyone to see.

"Wait what Killinger?" Monarch replied in surprise. "What are you doing here?" There seemed to be some familiarity between the two considering how the Monarch reacted to him.

"It is simple...I was the mastermind of other groups arrival here. I gathered them for a very simple task." He'd point at the Monarch. "To bring you back home to your loving wife."

A collective WHAT?! Echoed through the group. "Excuse me...are you saying that...we are here...because we were supposed to rescue him?" Symmetra asked utterly confused.

"In the simplest of terms...yes. That was why you were here. But isn't that more than enough? The knowledge of helping a wife reunite with her husband. True love can not even be contained through the multiverse."

"Speaking of which, I took the liberty to give the Coalition an anonymous tip, they should be here to liberate all of you shortly and to monitor the situation. There is obviously much work left."

"I still require the return of my amulet." Ya'Wara replied.

"Yeah we just need to park his baby some place nice and remote before we let you have it though. Free falling through the sky is not on my agenda after all."

"We can not forget about the Splicers either. Left to their own devices on the surface, the damage they could cause."

"I would not much worry about the Splicers...if you inspect the transcripts you liberated from the Thinker you will possibly find a way to save them. With the technology the Coalition have at its disposal. It is the least they can do."

Having said that he'd turn towards the group he had sent here to save Rapture and the Monarch. "As a final prize for doing my work...I will grant you a very special reward. The reward of...a life time supply of a canned soup of your choosing. I understand that noodle soup is a tempting thought...but how much variation can you really do with it?"

As Killinger said that portals would start emerging behind him as people in military outfits emerged. The Coalition was there to bring everyone back home.

~Cast List~
@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
@Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
@BarrenThin as McCree (Overwatch)
@Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man)
@CCC Kouhai as Viola (Witch's House)
@Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (iDOLM@STER)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch)
@C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics)
@DBZ7 as Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR)
@Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea)
@Indolent as Gregor Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k)
@Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead)
@Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator)
@Krieg as Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf)
@Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon)
@Nater Taters as Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto)
@OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black)
@Raven as Mabel "Madea" Simmons (Madea)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (Murder Series)
@Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
@Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem)
@T.O.M. as Winslow Leach "Phantom" (Phantom of the Paradise)
@Takumi as Clare (Claymore)
@Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics)
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday)
@Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn)
@Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
@york as Owlman (DC Comics)
@Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar)
@The Tactician as Jesse Custer (Preacher)
@DapperDogman as Jacob Frye (Assassins Creed)​

The After Party

Everything seemed to have settled down. The group had forced Handsome Jack to have the ones in his army still fighting to stand down. Eggman had received reports that Columbia while badly hurt had managed to repel the Big Daddy army.

latest

Market Street. I time bubble of how Rapture had looked like before the Civil War. It had been untouched by all of the chaos that had erupted through Rapture for the past two years. As an architect Symmetra in particular couldn't help but admire the scenery and the wonder of an untouched Rapture.

latest

The group would finally have been gathered together again. Handsome Jack and his cronies were surrounded by the Columbia soldiers that had arrived with Dr Eggman and the Monarch. They would get what was coming for them soon enough. Even Armaggon had surrendered quietly after Caira had healed him.

"Great job gang!" Reyna, Ya'Wara and Mae came up to the group all of them with a smile on their face. "We did it! No...you did it! I would've personally drowned the son of a bitch but I'm not going to argue with you right now. Cause we kicked his bitch ass to the curb and the people here will be able to live a normal life again."

"The question still remains though." Mae spoke up. "Even with Jack defeated, do we have the means to escape this world? And who originally brought the other group here."

"I believe I can be of assistance to both of your queries." An old man with a tinge of a German accent wearing a very weird looking costume would appear from the shadows.

250px-Killinger.png

"I am Doctor Henry Killinger, and this is my magical murder bag." He replied raising his bag for everyone to see.

"Wait what Killinger?" Monarch replied in surprise. "What are you doing here?" There seemed to be some familiarity between the two considering how the Monarch reacted to him.

"It is simple...I was the mastermind of other groups arrival here. I gathered them for a very simple task." He'd point at the Monarch. "To bring you back home to your loving wife."

A collective WHAT?! Echoed through the group. "Excuse me...are you saying that...we are here...because we were supposed to rescue him?" Symmetra asked utterly confused.

"In the simplest of terms...yes. That was why you were here. But isn't that more than enough? The knowledge of helping a wife reunite with her husband. True love can not even be contained through the multiverse."

"Speaking of which, I took the liberty to give the Coalition an anonymous tip, they should be here to liberate all of you shortly and to monitor the situation. There is obviously much work left."

"Yeah we just need to park his baby some place nice and remote before we let you have it though. Free falling through the sky is not on my agenda after all."

"We can not forget about the Splicers either. Left to their own devices on the surface, the damage they could cause."

"I would not much worry about the Splicers...if you inspect the transcripts you liberated from the Thinker you will possibly find a way to save them. With the technology the Coalition have at its disposal. It is the least they can do."

Having said that he'd turn towards the group he had sent here to save Rapture and the Monarch. "As a final prize for doing my work...I will grant you a very special reward. The reward of...a life time supply of a canned soup of your choosing. I understand that noodle soup is a tempting thought...but how much variation can you really do with it?"

As Killinger said that portals would start emerging behind him as people in military outfits emerged. The Coalition was there to bring everyone back home.

~Cast List~
A lifetime supply of... soup? Well, it was official, they had all gotten screwed. Coalition or just random joes like him who were pulled into this craziness, all of the trouble they had put up with Rapture (or with fighting a demon in Columbia)... All because this guy thought it was necessary to reunite the Monarch with his wife.

"Didn't you ever think, "hey, I can pull people to different worlds, why not just send this guy back to his wife?" Might have been easier to pull off than... all of this."

However, as he doubted he would get an answer, the preacher would just sigh and walk to a wall to wait a little longer for anyone who wanted to speak to him before heading home.

@T.O.M. @Atomyk @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ellya @Samael @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Verite

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
A lifetime supply of... soup? Well, it was official, they had all gotten screwed. Coalition or just random joes like him who were pulled into this craziness, all of the trouble they had put up with Rapture (or with fighting a demon in Columbia)... All because this guy thought it was necessary to reunite the Monarch with his wife.

"Didn't you ever think, "hey, I can pull people to different worlds, why not just send this guy back to his wife?" Might have been easier to pull off than... all of this."

However, as he doubted he would get an answer, the preacher would just sigh and walk to a wall to wait a little longer for anyone who wanted to speak to him before heading home.

@T.O.M. @Atomyk @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Ellya @Samael @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Verite

"It's all about achieving balance Jesse Custer." Killinger replied to the Preacher. "Fontaine ripped the balance, I intended to mend it. If I only plucked the Monarch away the situation would never have been mended. Drastic measures require drastic measures."

Even so when Jesse walked up to the wall he'd find an audio log leaning inconspicuously against the wall.

@The Tactician

MoNja2W.png

Well.

Okay.

Thanks to the handiwork of this man who named himself Killinger, who had orchestrated all this supposedly, they would all be able to leave and get back to wherever they wanted (granted with the right coordinates input into the consoles). Ocelot would be a bit more annoyed that he had spent two bloody years of his life, relative to this world, in this world, but he could suspect that little had changed throughout the more... important worlds like the one that resided within the Coalition base.

He could only hope that his superiors weren't about to so suddenly chew him about despite his possibly long departure.

With that, Ocelot would face the Coalition officers nearby, clearing his throat. "My, what an enlightening adventure that was, wouldn't you agree, Agent Anghelscu, Clare... Ellis," he said, mentioning the last name with some irritation behind his voice, as though there was something Ellis had done in the past that he had never quite forgotten about.

One had to wonder why he had such an aversion to Ellis.

Clearing his throat, he approached Reyna for a brief moment, formally tucking his arms behind his back, Ocelot would begin to speak, persevering with his usual displeased expression. "Boss woman, in the two years I've known you, I just want you to know... that you are a complete hardass and uncomfortably masculine for a woman. That being said..." He stopped briefly, his lips curling into a smirk, "... It was an honor to fight alongside you, but I've got more battles to fight elsewhere. Take care now. Come now, Lucifer, Clare, Ellis," Ocelot would say, giving a wave as he'd begin to walk off.

"H-Hey, hold on a sec!"

9kuJQUL.png

Approaching him from behind, Gwen, an urgent expression on her face underneath her mask, would jog over and stop, looking up at the young man like she needed to ask something.

And so she did.

"So uh... this Coalition organization... I assume that you're all supposed to be some sort of multiversal justice alliance, judging from what Mr. Lucifer told me. If that's the case, then... I'd like to join too!"

"I-If uh, y'know, that's okay."

Gwen was met with an uncomfortable silence as Ocelot looked at her with a fairly unconcerned gaze, extending over a period of time long enough where the costumed girl even coughed, before the blonde man would finally respond to her.

"Sure."

... Huh?

"... Oh. I-Is there like, an aptitude test I need to take? Some big trial of tribulations that I need to go through?"

"Not really."

"No intense training regiment, or any mission to send me on to prove my worth, or...?"

"That'll be on you."

"... Huh. Okay."

Well, that was awfully easy.

That being said, Ocelot would clear his throat, directing his attention to the rest of the people present.

"I should also mention... If any of you also wish to join the Coalition and our efforts to stop people from ending up situations just like the one that you just finished surviving, feel free to follow me. We don't bite. I mean, I might, but..."

... Yeah.

With that, he would grab the restrained Handsome Jack by the back of his collar, leading him towards the portals to put him on trial as he would wait for people to respond to his offer.

@Ringmaster @Takumi @Josh M @Jeremi @Everyone

MoNja2W.png

Well.

Okay.

Thanks to the handiwork of this man who named himself Killinger, who had orchestrated all this supposedly, they would all be able to leave and get back to wherever they wanted (granted with the right coordinates input into the consoles). Ocelot would be a bit more annoyed that he had spent two bloody years of his life, relative to this world, in this world, but he could suspect that little had changed throughout the more... important worlds like the one that resided within the Coalition base.

He could only hope that his superiors weren't about to so suddenly chew him about despite his possibly long departure.

With that, Ocelot would face the Coalition officers nearby, clearing his throat. "My, what an enlightening adventure that was, wouldn't you agree, Agent Anghelscu, Clare... Ellis," he said, mentioning the last name with some irritation behind his voice, as though there was something Ellis had done in the past that he had never quite forgotten about.

Clearing his throat, he approached Reyna for a brief moment, formally tucking his arms behind his back, Ocelot would begin to speak, persevering with his usual displeased expression. "Boss woman, in the two years I've known you, I just want you to know... that you are a complete hardass and uncomfortably masculine for a woman. That being said..." He stopped briefly, his lips curling into a smirk, "... It was an honor to fight alongside you, but I've got more battles to fight elsewhere. Take care now. Come now, Lucifer, Clare, Ellis," Ocelot would say, giving a wave as he'd begin to walk off.

"H-Hey, hold on a sec!"

9kuJQUL.png

Approaching him from behind, Gwen, an urgent expression on her face underneath her mask, would jog over and stop, looking up at the young man like she needed to ask something.

And so she did.

"So uh... this Coalition organization... I assume that you're all supposed to be some sort of multiversal justice alliance, judging from what Mr. Lucifer told me. If that's the case, then... I'd like to join too!"

Gwen was met with an uncomfortable silence as Ocelot looked at her with a fairly unconcerned gaze, extending over a period of time long enough where the costumed girl even coughed, before the blonde man would finally respond to her.

"Sure."

... Huh?

"... Oh. I-Is there like, an aptitude test I need to take? Some big trial of tribulations that I need to go through?"

"Not really."

"No intense training regiment, or any mission to send me on to prove my worth, or...?"

"That'll be on you."

"... Huh. Okay."

That being said, Ocelot would clear his throat, directing his attention to the rest of the people present.

"I should also mention... If any of you also wish to join the Coalition and our efforts to stop people from ending up situations just like the one that you just finished surviving, feel free to follow me. We don't bite. I mean, I might, but..."

... Yeah.

With that, he would grab the restrained Handsome Jack by the back of his collar, leading him towards the portals to put him on trial as he would wait for people to respond to his offer.

"Hey! HEY! Hands off the merchandise!" Jack replied shaking himself off from Ocelot's grip. "I don't need you to lead me anywhere. I can lead myself."

dpeyrHi.png

"Well, let's find the others then..."​

The cowboy gave him an exhausted glance. "He's right, little miss. Ain't over till we know the others are alright. Meanwhile... You did good, kid. Proud of ya." He took off his hat and went to set it on the girl's head, giving a cocky grin even through his exhaustion. "Keep it. Too hot for it anyways."

@Crow
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
AtVjpXI.png

"It's nothing really... I couldn't have done it without you, or Gramps, or Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton," Mirei smiles, "thanks Mr McCree. I guess I should give you this as well."

$T2eC16dHJIQE9qUHuF(BBRnQkz(Rzw~~60_35.JPG

It was a badge. Probably some game.

"It was my bestest friend's idea quite a long time. A little something for you to remember me by, and a little something for me to remember you by."
The After Party

latest

latest

250px-Killinger.png

~Cast List~

AtVjpXI.png

"Looks like we did it. Looks like we did," Mirei said, then ponders about the possibility of soup.

FNk2reu.png

"Hmmm... Shouko talks to mushrooms, Nono's... afraid of a lot of stuff, Producer's afraid of Iguanas... and I don't even know what kind of food Sana likes. Licorice is out of the question... ugh... Ah! White chocolate soup please!"

She then realises what the odd skull man said prior to this.

jmsCKoe.png

"Wait a second, isn't that a little excessive? I know I'm inexperienced in love and all, but do people really do that much?"​

latest

Wadanohara's eyes glazed over distantly as she caught sight of the metallic shark. The familiar silhouette of a shark, even if this one was made of metal and steel, sent a wave of longing over the witch. She remembered him, and how he would often let her ride on him in his shark form. Much like how Kana was helping her now... "Samekichi... I wonder how you are now?" She murmured sadly, before turning away. At least it seemed like things were over, and they could go home soon. She tapped once on the dragon's scales to garner her attention, though her eyes flickered to Mirei.

"There's something I'd like to tell Kana, Keaton, and Mirei too. And something I'd like to share," she smiled softly at them.

@Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Takumi @CruncyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Atomk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Little Wonders​
Well, this is it. This was goodbye.

cjDOPwY.png

"P- please, you three speak first," Mirei says to Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton, "then I'll say... what I have to say... before we..."

A tear rolled down Mirei's eyepatch-covered side of her face.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE

Last edited:
The After Party

latest

Market Street. A time bubble of how Rapture had looked like before the Civil War. It had been untouched by all of the chaos that had erupted through Rapture for the past two years. As an architect Symmetra in particular couldn't help but admire the scenery and the wonder of an untouched Rapture.

latest

250px-Killinger.png

~Cast List~
mystique1.png
"A lifetime supply of soup?"
Mystique asked. "That must be costly for those involved."

She sighed. "So, you were saying that we were brought here to bring one man back to his wife, and thwarting Handsome Jack's plans was just a side mission? That seems like you have strange priorities. Anyone who was paying attention realized that Handsome Jack was a vulgar brute who could not be trusted with any sort of power."

"So, what is to become of the Little Sisters and the Big Daddies? Even before Handsome Jack, they were enslaved creatures mining ADAM."
"It's all about achieving balance Jesse Custer." Killinger replied to the Preacher. "Fontaine ripped the balance, I intended to mend it. If I only plucked the Monarch away the situation would never have been mended. Drastic measures require drastic measures."

Even so when Jesse walked up to the wall he'd find an audio log leaning inconspicuously against the wall.

@The Tactician
MoNja2W.png

Well.

Okay.

"H-Hey, hold on a sec!"

9kuJQUL.png

And so she did.

"Sure."

... Huh?

"Not really."

"That'll be on you."

"... Huh. Okay."

... Yeah.

"So, there is a Multiversal Coalition policing occurences where people are taken from their universes against their will for 'games' such as these?" Mystique asked.

She thought for a moment. "I have urgent business in my home world. It is way too urgent to bother working for some organization devoted to the business of others. But I am sure you could use a shapeshifter or two in your midst. If things change and I change my mind, I will let you know."

@Verite @Jeremi

@The Tactician
MoNja2W.png

Well.

Okay.

"H-Hey, hold on a sec!"

9kuJQUL.png

And so she did.

"Sure."

... Huh?

"Not really."

"That'll be on you."

"... Huh. Okay."

... Yeah.

"... You know what? Just forget it," Jesse could tell Killings wasn't someone to try and understand. Why couldn't he just bring in this Coalition people keep talking about? Who knows, only he does and he's not telling. Why bother when there was more important things to worry about?

Like Ocelot's offer and the audio log. Jesse doubted he could find the time to help the Coalition doing whatever the hell they did. His congregation needed preaching, so he couldn't leave it just yet. However, what about after he got Annsville set on the right course? He didn't want to stick around after to be honest, not when there wasn't anything really holding him down after he finishes the church business. Maybe the Coalition could use some help?

"Got some business in my world, but once I'm done, might be willin' to join."

With that said, Jesse took hold of the audio log he had found. Hadn't the group found these things to contain important details during the incident? Best give it a listen. The preacher pressed down on the play button, listening closely to the recording.​

Epilogue - Side Story
"Big Bubba Zin"

TxEQfGA.png

In a lonely stretch of remote space drifted a massive and grand spaceship that held within it the might of an alien empire. At its heart was a large circular room, and in the center of this room stood a raised platform where a throne was placed. Casually reclined on the throne and sitting with his chin resting in his palm was the leader of this mighty alien force, his hulking body easily dwarfing any normal human.

ooJyoli.png

Emperor Zinyak smiled, his eyes darting around to look at the many video screens surrounding him. They hovered in the air looking like holograms, spinning around the throne in a circle in tune with Zinyak's thoughts. He began to linger for a while on one feed in particular, this one showing a recording of an incident inside the city of Rapture. Well, one of the many Raptures that existed across time and space.

"Oh, Kinzie... look at you now."

The alien emperor's smile deepened as he got to watch the young woman's head explode across the screen. Oh, what a nuisance she had been! Really, something as sudden and relatively painless as a bullet to the head almost did not seem satisfying enough. Zinyak would have much preferred a more... intellectual death for Miss Kinzie Kensington. She had, after all, impressed Zinyak to some degree. Perhaps a bit of Bach playing in the background while the young woman got waterboarded into oblivion.

"Without your technology... well, you were about as pathetic as I imagined. All that intelligence must feel like such a waste now." Zinyak lifted his head and swiped his hand through the air, dismissing the video feeds. "That is, if you could feel anything at all."

The hulking alien pushed himself up and out of the throne before taking a few slow steps to be on the same level as his special guest. "What do you think?" he asked, head tilting to the side in curious amusement. "Do you think she felt the crushing feeling of her own short and limited existence before she died?"

Before Zinyak stood another imposing figure, this one having become quite popular as of late. It was a Big Daddy, except this one had adopted the name Bubba at some point in his life. An amusing name for such a creature, so Zinyak thought. He smiled at his guest, chuckling inwardly once again at the name, knowing that Bubba was not likely to respond to his question at all.

WwWnQjM.png

". . . ... .. . . . . . .. . .. .. .. .."

"Ah, you are such a breath of fresh air. You don't talk back, you do as your told... Really, humanity in particular could learn so much from you. This is why I've enjoyed working with you so very much."

Zinyak raised a hand, conjuring a video feed between them. The Normandy came into view, shining as it hurtled through space, one of the more primitive ships Zinyak had ever seen. It was quite understandable from humans. "To think someone like you was able to move around the ship as fast as you did. The intel you provided on these humans was... satisfactory."

"Then, of course, you integrated into their group so well. You figured out the secret of that barbaric vault, keeping the group on their path long enough to find..." The video feed shifted into a grand vista of color. Vibrant green fields filled with flowers in every color of the rainbow under a clear blue sky. No wonder it was named after paradise. "Eden. A very integral program for us. Certainly strange that a mere human could create something that mimicked Zin technology so closely. I suppose, as some say, we must always be prepared to open ourselves up to new perspectives. At least you advocated to save Eden, allowing us to commandeer the program for our own uses."

No doubt the humans believed they were doing the right thing by saving the virtual world. They were always so misguided.

"Ah, and then..." The view shifted once again, this time showing an image of the Rachni Queen. Surrounded by broodlings, even Zinyak had to say she was an imposing sight. "We managed to capture her once she was jettisoned from the space station. Interesting creature, isn't she? She will easily double our capture rate of other alien species. Conquering is always such time-consuming work."

The video feed would shift one final time, this time to show the final moments of the one known as Elliot. "Tell me, did it satisfy you to see this boy murdered? Did it send pleasure down your spine to witness the life slip out of him? After all, he was a notorious murderer of those you were to protect. For you, I can imagine it was... personal."

Zinyak tented his fingers together, leaning forward slightly to get a better view of the darkness behind Bubba's helmet. Who knew what the Big Daddy was truly thinking. "It's all right, you know. That feeling of bloodlust has led to the greatest accomplishments of all sentient kind. The boy who was only a sad, deranged puppet... and an entire universe cried out for his death. It was an accomplishment, one that has allowed the Zin empire to place a foot into the multiversal ring."

"The masked fool can have his Reapers, for the boy's technology is ours. Mine. Our conquest will shake all of reality and soon all will be Zin. Think of it, entire universes bowing to the one and only Zinyak!"

Zinyak raised his arms, looking upward for dramatic effect. Bubba had no response. The Zin emperor could only laugh. "And you, Bubba, will have a place in our new multigalactic empire. Perhaps a statue or two in your honor. You will know the generosity of the Zin... that is, if you continue to carry out our tasks."

The video feed disappeared, replaced by holographic images of ten individuals. Zinyak knew one of them rather well: Matt Miller, always the lackey. Zinyak would love to watch the small man squirm. "I need these humans captured. I wish to test the boy's technology to see how it contrasts against our own. I am intrigued by the ability place so many minds together in a single simulation..."

There was a moment of silence, but Zinyak was eventually clearing his throat. "Of course, you'll have help this time. Mercenaries hired to serve the Zin. It's only fair you meet them now."

". . . h .. . m. .."

The first to appear had been hidden in plain sight for sometime now. There was a pop sound as a cloak was dropped, revealing a humanoid chameleon with a glowing energy blade. "Sacrebleu... I've been waiting," he said, a heavy French accent coloring his words. It was almost comical. "They will en garde! They will feel the sharpness of my blade! HAHA!" The chameleon gave a throaty laugh.

g5ZltaK.png

"Bubba, is it? I am... Leon Chameleon."

Before Leon could say more, a small tornado of water dropped in from above, splashing water all over the chameleon. Leon gagged and stepped back from the mass of water, only to grimace when the tornado revealed itself to be a humanoid frog.

LFj0dnb.png

"Yo! Make some noise for the Frog!" he cried, raising his water pistol into the air.

"Zut! Some help he will be!"

The frog raised a hand and wiggled his finger at Leon. "Froggy G gets the job done... and don't you forget it."

"If how much we are paid is determined by how much we contribute to getting the job done, then I am expecting that I get a cut of at least 90% if these are to be my cohorts," a third figure said with a low, gruff, yet also somewhat haughty voice, having also been hidden in plain sight as Zinyak went on about whatever he was talking about.

Cad+Bane+GIF+2.gif

Tipping his hat that had been obscuring his face a little, crimson eyes practically glowing in the dark, he folded his arms behind his back, possessing a more professional, cold, and calculated air compared to the so-called bounty hunters known as Leon Chameleon and Froggy G. How barbaric, he thought of them, but he shan't say anything if they would prove to have as much bite as their bark.

"Now... You want us to start with this.. Miller boy, no? Shouldn't be too hard, even for the other rascals," he spoke, gesturing towards the other two mercenaries.

"Perhaps," Zinyak said casually, crossing his arms. He looked upon the four gathered before him for a moment as a silence stretched between them. Leon and Froggy each gave the other sidelong glances, the pair clearly wary of the idea of working together.

At this sight, Zinyak broke into a grin.

"One's dedication to the job laid out before them could directly contribute to their compensation. Start with whoever you wish, as long as you get to the task at hand quickly. Remember, brevity is the soul of wit."

"And on that bombshell..."

A new voice would cut through the scene, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. Hunched over on one peg leg and twitching every so often was a tall, blond man with his skin darkened by soot and ash. He grinned madly at the group, giving them a small wave. A few locks of his hair was burning, as if he'd just been through a fire moments before.
hg1tiJ9.png

"G'day, mates! Lovely day, eh? Call me Junkrat. Job don't matter to us, just as long as we get paid."

"We?" Leon questioned, raising a brow.

"Yeah, we!" Junkrat giggled, rubbing his hands together. "Roight, say hi to my tubby friend here!"

"Hurm..." A mountain of a man came into view from behind Junkrat.

"The name's Roadhog," was his reply, muffled behind that gas mask of his. He didn't seem too keen on Junkrat calling him tubby, but he didn't do anything other then look down at the man with a disapproving look.

"Ahh..." Junkrat uttered a nervous giggle, giving his big friend a sidelong glance. "Don't mind him-- I do the talking."

Cad+Bane+GIF+10.gif

The blue man gave a mildly disgusted look at Junkrat and Roadhog. Tch, who would have thought that Leon and Froggy G would be the more appealing looking people to work with? Still, he tried his best to remain professional about it.

Still, he could only hope that the pay would be worth it all.

"Cad Bane... And more talking won't be necessary. In fact, I encourage less of that if you're supposed to be the more civilized of the two," the man said, introducing himself gruffly, shaking his head briefly as he would move over to the window, gazing at the empty space outside, adjusting his hat ever so slightly as he would do so.

Cad+Bane+GIF+4.gif

So this was his job, eh? Well, multiversal business usually came at a high risk, but to complement that risk, it also potentially came at a high reward as well. Again, he could only wish that this would all be worth it in the end.

"So then, Zinyak... Any other lovely comrades to introduce? And if not, what exactly is the significance of these humans if I may ask? Not that I particularly care for them, but they seem a bit... random, from my point of view, that is."

Leon and Froggy both exchanged glances, their expressions agreeing with Cad Bane's assessment of the other two. For them, it was bad enough that they had to work together, let alone this random pair. Even Lonestar would be preferable to these whelps.

Zinyak seemed to have anticipated the ragtag group would not think much of each other, or at least he did not seem to care for their misgivings. He had a plan in mind for gathering them all specifically, that much was clear.

"No, the humans are not particularly high on the list of intergalactic races I would count on." Zinyak paused as Junkrat let out a pleased giggle at this. "... However, even I can not deny that tenacity of theirs. That will to live to survive like abhorrent cockroaches. As gross, vulgar, and bothersome as they can be, some humans are... exemplary. To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man. These two have their uses, like all things."

Zinyak smiled widely. "But enough introductions. It's time for you to get going. Work together or not-- it doesn't matter to the Zin. As long as you all work toward the task at hand, you will be compensated." The alien leader turned then to Bubba, a knowing look on his face. The Big Daddy had his uses, and would be valuable in the days to come. It would only be a matter of time before the multiverse bent its knees to the almighty Zin empire.

All Bubba had to say was,

". . ."

COLLAB DONE WITH @Verite AND @Jeremi

Last edited:

... Yeah.

With that, he would grab the restrained Handsome Jack by the back of his collar, leading him towards the portals to put him on trial as he would wait for people to respond to his offer.​
"..." Well that sounded like a dream gig, to put it mildly. Being a inter-universal hero and being inspired by one of the agents of this Coalition herself(Thank ye Lucifer), saving many others from having to be in this kind of crazy mess this adventure had been. With all the murder and getting shot twice and everything...still. She had a question or two. Namely: "Uh...excuse me but...it pays well, right? I do like helping, honestly but gotta have those dollar bills to live, y'know? Food and drink and housing and...the rest."

@Verite @Ringmaster @Takumi @Josh M @Jeremi

Vanille noticed how Nier refused to make eye contact with her. From what she heard him saying, she could tell that with the mark on his neck—the Black Scrawl—it was the end of the line for him. It reminded her of her l'Cie brand. If a l'Cie failed to completed their designated Focus, they would turn into beasts called Ce'ith. There were no hopes of turning back into a human once you'd turned a Ce'ith. They were creatures that attacked any living thing on site. No one ever wanted to become one of those things. In many eyes, death was the better option than becoming a mindless, bloodthirsty beast. She was lucky to have even finished her Focus.

"Nier..."

"It's not fair."

After everything they'd been through, Nier fought so hard in order to make his way back home to his little sister, Yonah. Nier didn't deserve any of this. He was kind to those around him, despite the situation he faced with being trapped in Rapture. He was considerate: willing to help those that weren't doing so well. He was strong and determined. He fought long and hard against foes that were tougher than he was. He was daring, taking many risks just to make sure his comrades made it out whatever situation safely.

So why, of all people, why was this happening to him? Why was fate so cruel?

Vanille worried for Yonah. What would happen when Nier was gone? Would Yonah be alright? Who would take care of her? She had so many questions.

ff13vanille7.png

"But... I promised to get you back home. We can't... You... Your sister..."

vanille5_yunie_sigh-3.png

"What do we do?"

Vanille experienced the pain of losing someone numerous amounts of times. But this time it felt different. She didn't know at this point.

@Gummi Bunnies @cryingithurtschoochoomotherfucker​
The After Party

latest

latest

250px-Killinger.png

~Cast List~
"... I... I'm not even sure... anymore..."

That was all that Nier had to say to Vanille, his voice void of any signs of hope he once had. From there, their group would make their way to meet up with the others. Along the way, Nier had to lean against Vanille as support when it became clear that using his sword much like a walking cane wasn't going to cut it. Again, he wasn't so aware of how long the Black Scrawl had been infecting him, and he wasn't sure if it would spread to the others... Though, the huntsman would start to appear much more pale than before, the disease slowly sapping away the physical energy he had to begin with.

tumblr_o95z2qYboY1v3qowuo1_100.png

"Ggh..."

Grunting in pain, Nier immediately dropped to the ground to finally sit and rest himself. His thoughts haunted him more and more. It just wasn't fair... to succumb to the same disease that his sister was also dying to... the same disease that took the life of his mother... it was horrible fate. He didn't even notice that there was an apparent celebration for the conclusion of these events, and that there was going to be a way home after all. But even if he figured that out, Nier was constantly reminded that by being so close to what he wanted to achieve... what he wanted to protect after so long... he was instantly slapped in the face by life itself upon getting the Black Scrawl...

How would everyone else go on without him? The people that he met during his search for the Sealed Verses? The people that he met in this hectic venture through Rapture? He knew that some wanted to go home to bid their business and live out their lives... something that Nier had been fighting for this entire time. However, Nier felt guilty in a way... maybe if he wasn't so reckless, he wouldn't have gotten the Black Scrawl... and then people wouldn't be so worried that he was dying... slowly and painfully. If he wanted to assure that people wouldn't be so hurt once he would pass on, Nier could've gone somewhere quiet and away from everybody else, and end his own life with a swift impalement. Yet, he didn't want to do that, not when people still worried for him. Either way... whether the death be quick or slow, it'll hurt them with how he'll be gone.

"... Vanille."

Saying her name with his weak voice, Nier raised his head towards her direction, a solemn and regretful expression to be seen. Digging through his pockets, he pulled out a small white flower, and surprisingly it wasn't crushed within his pocket or damaged any further. A perfect flower in his hands... the memories that it gave him.

tumblr_o91mteE7cr1v3qowuo5_100.png

"For you... this flower... it's called a Lunar Tear... there's a distinct legend about it... where if you hold good will in your heart... this Lunar Tear will grant a wish for you... and you wouldn't even know it..."

His hands began to tremble and shake as he held out the Lunar Tear for her, he could feel his muscles starting wither away... It wouldn't be long until he would be unable to move around like a living person anymore. Almost in a way due to the symbolism that he had told about this Lunar Tear, Nier was wishing Vanille a bittersweet goodbye... trying to ignore how tragic and cruel he had gotten the Black Scrawl...

"A... and... if you don't mind... could you... stick around... give me company... before... b-before..."

His voice cracked as he was giving this last request to Vanille, a single tear ran down his face. Before he could even try to finish this painful question to ask out, Nier hurled over, a nasty and horrid cough came out of him. Hints of blood splattered on his clothing, the floor, all over. Just a hint of blood... from coughing, it horrified Nier. He was beginning to realize that he had already hit the severe symptoms of the Black Scrawl... and the end was coming nearer and nearer...

@A Tiny Fool @ppl that wanna say hi to dying nier rip​

Soldier: 76 would let out a deep sigh, ignoring the words of Ocelot and the skeleton-masked doctor. He didn't need any soup, or did he need another organization to be apart of. This multiversal bullshit is wracking his mind as it is, and the world he was born has too many problems as it is.

Slumping into a nearby seat, the old soldier would raise his hand to his mask, gripping it. With a plastic click, the mask would come off...

soldier__76_by_einlee-da2hfn2.jpg

"Gettin' too old for this shit." Jack sighed, the filter on his voice gone.

dpeyrHi.png

"Well, let's find the others then..."​

AtVjpXI.png

"It's nothing really... I couldn't have done it without you, or Gramps, or Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton," Mirei smiles, "thanks Mr McCree. I guess I should give you this as well."

$T2eC16dHJIQE9qUHuF(BBRnQkz(Rzw~~60_35.JPG

It was a badge. Probably some game.

"It was my bestest friend's idea quite a long time. A little something for you to remember me by, and a little something for me to remember you by."

AtVjpXI.png

"Looks like we did it. Looks like we did," Mirei said, then ponders about the possibility of soup.

FNk2reu.png

"Hmmm... Shouko talks to mushrooms, Nono's... afraid of a lot of stuff, Producer's afraid of Iguanas... and I don't even know what kind of food Sana likes. Licorice is out of the question... ugh... Ah! White chocolate soup please!"

She then realises what the odd skull man said prior to this.

jmsCKoe.png

"Wait a second, isn't that a little excessive? I know I'm inexperienced in love and all, but do people really do that much?"​

Well, this is it. This was goodbye.

cjDOPwY.png

"P- please, you three speak first," Mirei says to Kana, Wadanohara and Keaton, "then I'll say... what I have to say... before we..."

A tear rolled down Mirei's eyepatch-covered side of her face.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE
"Oh, god, kid, please don't cry now. Your gonna make the cowboys hat wet." The old man chuckled, getting up from his seat and patting Mirei on the back. Mirei would notice his mask is gone...revealing his scarred face. Jack smiled, trying to cheer up a crying girl. That is the least he can do, after everything he went through.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Takumi @Crow @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @C.T. @T.O.M. @Kaykay @Jeremi @EVERYONE​

Reactions: Takumi
Status
Not open for further replies.