Status
Not open for further replies.

KANA'S EPILOGUE
FLOWERS FOR KANA

large.gif

The dragon gave her friends one last hug before bringing out Wadanohara's sea stone to admire along with Mirei's gift with a proud and joyous beam on her face. "Waah!" she said gratefully. "Thank you so much!" Kana said, almost ready to cry again. Stopping herself, she shook her head bravely before it could spill once more. She was stronger now and it was all thanks to all her friends she had met during this long journey. Wadanohara, Mirei, Father Lucifer, Clare and Ty Lee... Kana had came scared and returned a better person. "I will never forget you guys, you all are the best friends who ever friended!" And that was a big compliment, she only ever used a similar line for her mother. "I really don't like saying goodbyes..." Why did it have to be so painful? But there it was, the blue flicker of light that had brought her here to Rapture where everything had began. It was time to leave and see everyone again. "I know we'll meet again someday. A- And if you ever come to Nohr or Hoshido, come and find me, okay?" she stuttered and stumbled at her words, almost half-crying, but anyone could see that she was smiling deep within.

VU8OHAT.png

"Let's go home, Keaton."

200_s.gif

Kana's eyes flickered open tiredly, as if they were still droopy and heavy from sleep. She rubbed her eyes and looked around at the familiar scenery. The emerald trees swaying in the wind among patches of beautiful flowers. Red flowers, yellow flowers and white flowers winked up at the dragon girl. There was an impossibly blue sky with gentle white clouds floating by as if nothing had happened. There was no dank and damp smell, no rotting flesh or broken buildings. No sense of danger like the Big Daddys. She stood up with shock and surprise. Kana was home! But... where was Keaton? Looking around, he was nowhere to be seen. But she swore she could catch his scent in the wind, and she knew somewhere inside of her that he was safe and sound as well. Back in their world. Back home.

"Kana? Kana, where are you? I have something to show you!" a voice called out. Kana looked for the source of it, dazed, before realizing it was her very own mother calling for her. Mother, mother! She had not seen her in so long, she must have been worried that she had been missing for so long. Kana was almost afraid of what her mother was going to say to her... for disappearing for so long. She would have thought Kana had been taken away by the Invisible Soldiers!

MrTeDBo.png

She stepped out bravely from the clearing, clutching her friends' gifts in her pocket tightly. "I'm here, Mama!" she called back out, hearing a sigh of relief as footsteps steadily approached her. Kana prepared herself for a scolding, for a lecture on protecting herself like she was a child...

"Where have you been? You shouldn't run off like that!" her mother huffed, but broke into a smile as soon as her mother saw her daughter. "Were you looking for flowers again, Kana-bean?" she chuckled, looking around at the patches Kana had been poking around at before coming to Rapture. Kana stared at her, wasn't she going to say anything about how she had disappeared? It felt like a month had past in that city, why wasn't her mother worried? Unless... nothing had happened here back home. The grass had not grown, the bald patches of plucked flowers remained the same - nothing had grown in. It was as if... she came back to how she had left it. "Look at this!" she said, presenting Kana with a giant book with a rich leather cover.

VmwJuMW.png

"Wow! What a big book!" Kana exclaimed, reaching out to touch the lined grooves of the material. She could only pretend that nothing had happened if her mother had not suspected anything. "What is it for? Where did you get it- Oh!" She had flipped open the book to see pressed flowers. The many different colors were still so vibrant even though the flower itself was in a different shape. She pressed her face closer to the page, "Where did you get these from?" she asked, tilting her head at her mother.

The silver-haired woman rapped her on the forehead with another low chuckle. "I got them from you, silly. These are the ones you've been bringing me." She flipped over to the next page to reveal one of the more common flowers out of the castle walls. A small yellow flower with delicate petals that smelt very nice. Kana's eyes lit up with recognition, unable to speak. "I pressed them between the pages and allowed them to dry to preserve them. I thought it would be the perfect way for me to keep all your little gifts safe."
nMrr8g0.png

But... the book was so thick! There were so many pages, and no matter how much Kana flipped through the book there were flowers pressed on all of them. It was endless, creating a colorful rainbow that could last forever! Her mother was so amazing! "They're amazing! Like, really, really amazing! I hadn't realized how many flowers I'd brought you..." she threw her arms lovingly around the woman, bursting into tears. Not just because of what her mother had done... but also at the realization that her friends were no longer beside her. "O- Oh, Mama. Thank you for taking such good care of the flowers I got you."

The woman gently smoothed back her fringe, softly stroking Kana's dark hair with a motherly smile on her face. Though she did not know where Kana had been, she knew that her daughter was tired from something. "No, I should be thanking you. Your flowers have given me so much peace in such trying times." She looked up from Kana, blinking as a soft breeze tickled their hair. Even though they were at war, up in the Astral Plane it looked so peaceful. "You know, we didn't pick those white flowers we saw the other day... But we did make some wonderful memories together." Planting a kiss on Kana's forehead, she pressed hers against the little girl's. "How about you? Will you keep making beautiful memories with me, Kana?"
VU8OHAT.png

"Of course I will! I really, really missed you!"

The woman blinked. "Missed me?"

hIGTlyZ.png

"Let's spend more time together, mama!"

She smiled. "You know, Kana. You've really grown up, haven't you?"

b8e45b198799b650f07a50c030ef9620.jpg

"I know."

END

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Takumi
@Kawaiikrew At Peace

"Time is relative to each individual world. Fortunately, I'd studied the abstract nature of the world and compared to most worlds out there, the flow of time seems to comparatively be slow. You all spent... what, a few days in Rapture? At the most, you might have been gone for a few days indeed back in your world, but I would not worry. Who knows? Perhaps some might not have even noticed you were gone," he gave a shrug.

"In any case, if that'll be it then, we should get going now, hmm?"

With that assumption that the conversation was over, with Handsome Jack still in tow, Ocelot would continue making his way to the portal back to the Coalition HQ that he had been gone from for so long.
Scoot listened to the man when he mentioned that time was relative to each world and he wasn't sure what that meant at all. He wondered if it had been days or hours or minutes since he has left his friends. He doubted that nobody noticed that he was gone, his friends and family were probably going crazy looking for him and trying to figure out what happened to him, he couldn't not tell them, but then there was this directive that told them, he gave up and followed the man.

He watched him leave and thought if there was anyone else who he was close to.

It seemed that Carol didn't want to say goodbye to him, the twins might put a knife to his throat and he didn't know anyone- Skyla, he wanted to say godobye to her before he left for him. " Skyla, skyla," he shouted into the crowd of people.

@Minerva

MoNja2W.png

"I don't carry a lot of those around since I'm not part of the Administration branch, but you just... uh, hold on to that until you're ready, I suppose. Just say the word and then someone will be sent to pick you up, though I'd advise a heavily secluded place, as due to the agreement set forth in the Multiverse Directive, matters like these have to be kept hush hush," he said, putting a finger to his lips to emphasize his point, "Of course, I'd prefer a now or never scenario. After all, the Coalition will be ah... undergoing some reforms later on that might render it unavailable, so decide quick. Eventually, we might feel inclined to take down the Help Wanted sign when... things go down, to put it lightly."

@Chris Lang @Jeremi
Mystique's Epilogue

Mystique merely nodded as Ocelot finished his statement. In truth, she doubted that she would need the Coalition's assistance, but she felt it was wise to be on the safe side. She had yet to find the Book of Destiny she was seeking, and for all she knew, the danger predicted within could originate from another universe.

She had said what she wanted to say to the others, and now it was time to return home. She moved off toward the portal.

Mystique found herself in the basement of the old abandoned house in the English countryside. It was here that she had been searching for the Book of Destiny that Irene claimed was hidden in a locked metal box under the floor.

Wishing she'd been allowed to keep some of the tools from the Rapture complex, she nonetheless searched the floor for a spot that would betray a weakness. Eventually, she found it.

Grabbing the shovel she had brought with her to this house (but had dropped before being taken to the underwater city), she dug at the floor of the basement. The tiles soon gave way, revealing not concrete beneath, but a trap door. Once the tiles were gone, the trap door opened easily.

Picking up the flashlight from the floor, Mystique entered the hidden sub-basement.

The subbasement had not been entered by humans in decades. It was a mostly empty room, with little more than bare concrete walls. Dirt was all over the floor, with the occasional ants and worms.

However, the subbasement was not entirely barren. Against one wall was a safe. And that, Mystique knew, was what contained what Mystique was looking for.

Quickly, Mystique went to work on the safe. There was no need to practice safecracking skills, for Mystique knew Irene well and could easily guess the combination. It was a date meaningful to both of them.

The safe soon opened, revealing a metal box. The metal box was a bit rusty, but well preserved given that it had been stuck in a safe for decades. Mystique opened the box, and there she found the Book of Destiny.

The Book, thankfully, appeared to have been kept safe from the worms or forces that might otherwise have caused its decay. Mystique grabbed the book, and took it up into the house proper so that she could read its contents in the brighter light.

Normally, Irene Adler (also known as Destiny) could only predict events from the very near future. However, decades ago her powers had briefly increased, and she wrote down everything she had predicted in a series of books. She did so because she knew such powerful images of the future would likely not stay in her head for long and she would not clearly remember many of the details. This was why she had written the Books of Destiny, and it was now why Mystique was seeking them.

Mystique opened the book slowly and carefully. On some level, she knew, she likely did not wish to know some of the contents of this book. But it was not merely morbid curiosity that drove her to read it. For while the books predicted the future, she knew that the future could be changed. The events written here would come to pass only if no one did anything to prevent them.

She opened the book, and began reading. A whole section was written about great disasters of the 21st century that had already come to pass. Terrorist attacks, hurricanes, tsunamis, foolish political decisions, economic recession, and so forth were all there. While some of the dates were off, the predictions had been extraordinarily accurate.

She turned the pages forward. She needed to know about the events yet to come in the near future.

She read the book carefully, taking in as much as she could. Her facial expression changed, from disgust, to anger, and then to concern.

She closed the book, and shoved it in the pack she had left on the table. What she had just read caused her great concern.

Her world had greater problems on the horizon. What she had seen was far worse than terrorist groups, economic collapse, or natural disaster. If the events she read about were to come to pass, it would mean something far worse.

It would mean ... Inferno.

She left the house, and drove her rented car to the airport. She would need to speak to Irene about this at once. There was still time ... plenty of time ... to prevent this. Even if they had to make a few unholy alliances themselves.

----------------------

But that is a story for another time.

Epilogue: Grave Matters

Rest.

He hardly knew how to deal with that to be honest, anymore. He longed to be busy, longed to fill his day with work so that when he slept, exhausted it would be in the knowledge that he did something of worth that day, as well as removed the nightmares that plagued him constantly. At the least, their missions were a success....But when they ordered them on leave, well...He didn't quite know what to do. The four walls of the room he shared with Clare seemed to close in on him and curled up on his bed, he faced the wall. Silent and contemplative as his pipboy on his desk continued to play the music stations the Torch broadcast on a daily basis.

Clare lay prone on her bed, staring at the ceiling of their shared room, listening to the music that played and thinking of her world, and of the events that happened recently with Rapture. She sat up and glanced to her partner's back, silent before speaking. For some reason, she couldn't get her brain to stop being active.

"Lucifer." she called softly.

So much for rest.

He tensed, ever so slightly. Imperceptible to anyone else, save those familiar with him and looking for it. That was another thing too since coming back. That strange, tense feeling that he had tried to ignore in Rapture. And if he was honest with himself, for a long time now. He was exhausted though and suddenly, it seemed too much effort. He rolled over on his bed, looking at her.

"Yes Clare?"

Clare had noticed how tense he was and sighed. When he turned to look at her she took a moment or two to think of the words she wanted to say. But giving a slight shake of her head she stood and walked over until she was next to his bed and sat along the edge.

"I know I suggested we rest. But I simply can't." she said, getting to the point. She looked down at him with grey, unblinking eyes.

"Me neither."

He admitted looking at her. Partly due to the stress of the events, the rest of it was her sudden proximity. That and what she was wearing. He was used to her armor, it was a safe way to look at her. Like this, in something softer and looser it was making him look at her in another light. More then a friend, more then a partner. He hadn't done that in five years. He sighed and turned on his side, facing the wall. Opting to run rather then confront himself.

"If anything, I feel....Stranger."

"Stranger?" she asked, eyes not leaving him and watching carefully. She could admit, that she felt different after what had happened. Though, she wasn't sure what to make of some of the feelings she felt.

She decided not to say anything more at the moment.

"Cramped. Wound up."

He sensed her presence a lot more acutely like this. Bereft of sight, the warmth of her body. The sound of her breathing. The feel of eyes boring into him. It was uncomfortable...And....He turned around, laying on his back to look up at her as he smiled wryly.

"I've been fighting for so long, I forgot what it means to sit quietly."

At the last comment, she gave a soft chuckle.

"I can relate, in a way." she replied with a light smile. Her gaze lost some of It's intensity then and grew a bit amused.

"Lucifer, I have noticed that you act differently when I am not in my armor. Should I be concerned?" she asked, slightly curious as to why that was. Then again, most of the people she ran into acted differently when she first wore civilian clothing so she wasn't completely surprised.

It was a passing moment, at least where Clare was concerned. To Lucifer, it lasted a lifetime.

People were not machines. They craved essentials, things that they did not understand entirely, but needed anyway. Companionship was one of them and Lucifer was no exception. He worked, he fought and on his hand, could count the number of actual friends he had. All but dead or in other worlds, ignorant of him and who he was. Combined with his long-lingering survivors guilt and it was little wonder he was on discreet watch.

But when Clare smiled and laughed, he felt something in his heart skip a beat and immediate guilt following after.

He didn't deserve to be happy.

Aloud, he spoke. "Its nothing. Just more used to you in armor, all larger then life. I forget at times you put your pants on, one leg at a time too."

"Ah, I see. I suppose that makes sense." she said.

She didn't say anything afterwards, listening to the music softly playing and to Lucifer's breathing.

This was fast becoming awkward. She seemed un-inclined to say more and she made no move to leave. Lucifer found himself in the surprising position of not wanting her to. And for a moment of weakness, which he'd later berate himself for he reached out and pulled her gently down to lay next to him. Face to face, feeling her warm breath he pressed his forehead to hers.

He was shaking.

That was odd, he noted clinically.

His arms moved to wrap around her, pulling her close to him in a cuddle and though red now, he had thrown the die. And quietly, in a tone so fragile he felt it'd break as soon as he spoke, he asked.

"Could we...Stay like this? For a little while?"

Clare was surprised when he pulled down to lay beside him. As close as they were she could feel his shaking, and when he spoke, it caused a small twinge of concern to form before her grey eyes looked into red ones.

"Yes, for however long you wish to stay this way." she responded almost as softly.

------

He did so. Wrapped in the warm hug of Clare that night, Lucifer slept deeply and free from nightmares. It was the best rest he had ever gotten, since he couldn't remember when. And feeling that embrace became.... Addicting. The next night, with a somewhat shamefaced expression he requested her again, like a child afraid of the dark.

It was different in the field. With the mission on his mind, he found he could function well enough that it was routine. But when it was over and they came back home, it was in Clare's embrace he'd fall asleep in and her features he'd wake up to. He didn't know what Clare thought of it altogether.

But he was grateful.

Clare had quickly grown accustomed to the routine that they started, and found that she slept better in his arms as well. She even felt happiness deep down in her gut, something which she hasn't felt on so long that she almost forgot what it felt like. As long as Lucifer was doing well then she was satisfied.

And then one morning, everything changed.

He had woken up for some reason, why he forgot. It was all but driven out by the feeling of her wrapped around him. One leg had straddled his body, her arm had sneaked under his own, pressing him close. Which gave him an unobstructed view of her features, peaceful as her warm breath sent goosebumps on his skin.

It was a sight he couldn't resist. And out of a feeling of sudden affection, Lucifer pressed his lips to her forehead.

Feeling the contact, Clare stirred, eyes fluttering open. She said nothing for a moment before looking at him. That feeling of happiness returned again, but she ignored it as she enjoyed the affection he was giving her. There was no telling how long it would last.

"Sleep well?" she asked.

.....He wasn't expecting her to be awake.

He looked down, into warm and trusting eyes. Clare made no move to pull away at the contact. Honestly, Lucifer wasn't in any mood to do so either. His hand reached up, stroking the huntresses cheek in a mirror-manner of the day they left Rapture. The scar had healed easily, with not even a blemish. And as his thumb rubbed a small circle on her cheek, he said quietly.

"Yes...Is...This ok?"

"Yes, it's okay." she replied without hesitation, enjoying his touch. She thought of something for a moment, before speaking.

"Lucifer, what would you like to do today?" she asked.

That was a very loaded question as it was.

She had no idea what she looked like in his sights, trustful and warm. She represented in that moment, everything that had been making him feel happy as of late. Whether it was as partners in the field or bedmates now? He knew if he crossed that line, there'd be no coming back from it.

And if it shattered, he didn't know if he could handle it after everything else. He was scared. Absurd. Him? Scared of anything? He had faced monsters, demons and creatures of nightmares. Seen sights that would have crumbled a mans sanity. But here and now? His tongue cloved to his mouth. He shook silently, almost imperceptibly. Finally, he spoke.

"Lets train. We'll need to stay at our peak."

And though it pained him inwardly, he gently disengaged and got up, out of the bed.

My name is Father Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu. I was born the son of a Gypsy Witch, in my veins run the bloodline of Dracula. In Texas I was raised and in the Burial Agency I found my calling. I am the Executor, he who wields the sword that cleans the world. I slew Black Paw the Katshituashku. By my hand, I killed the Sorcerer Zheng. I saw the fires of the London Blitz and the Hell that evil had made it. When the Red Court declared an unjust war, I was there with my sword in hand. When the unrestful spirits of the Forest of Suicides threatened, I was there. I am a friend of wizards and a guest of coyotes. And among the Hunters, my reach is long. My hated enemy is the Scholomance. My greatest enemy is myself.

Forever and always, myself.

Clare watched and studied him as she always did when she awaited an answer for him, and as he shook she sensed something akin to fear from him. From what she didn't know and decided she'd ask at another time. Once his response came, she nodded. Then as Lucifer got out of bed she already felt a pang if sadness in her chest at the fact that they were no longer close.

She shook it off and would move to get ready for their training.

The Claymore had never expected her life to be as it was now at the Torch. With a new purpose and coming to realize after months of bonding with her new partner that she could love another being in such a way.

Yes, Clare was in love. But there was no telling where it will lead for the two in the future.

---FIN---

Written with @Takumi

You da bees knees Liz.

Scoot listened to the man when he mentioned that time was relative to each world and he wasn't sure what that meant at all. He wondered if it had been days or hours or minutes since he has left his friends. He doubted that nobody noticed that he was gone, his friends and family were probably going crazy looking for him and trying to figure out what happened to him, he couldn't not tell them, but then there was this directive that told them, he gave up and followed the man.

He watched him leave and thought if there was anyone else who he was close to.

It seemed that Carol didn't want to say goodbye to him, the twins might put a knife to his throat and he didn't know anyone- Skyla, he wanted to say godobye to her before he left for him. " Skyla, skyla," he shouted into the crowd of people.

@Minerva

Skyla turned around. "Yes, Scott? I... Have a job as a Gym Leader to get to, but I can stay to talk for a few minutes." She said in her joyful tone.

Reyna would limp out of a nearby room. She clutched her spear, using it as a crutch. "Hey, Probatio, nice job out there fighting Arachne, by the way. You've proven yourself." The Hispanic girl would smile and the cough.

Skyla turned around. "Yes, Scott? I... Have a job as a Gym Leader to get to, but I can stay to talk for a few minutes." She said in her joyful tone.

Reyna would limp out of a nearby room. She clutched her spear, using it as a crutch. "Hey, Probatio, nice job out there fighting Arachne, by the way. You've proven yourself." The Hispanic girl would smile and the cough.
Scott smiled, as he was happy that she had agreed to talk with him and also that she hadn't died. He decided to check all the options in his head and decide on one.

" It was nice to meet you, I enjoy the time together, even if it was just a short amount of time and I hope that you have a happy life and don't get involved in one of these things again, you're a good friend and I am happy to say that," he said to her.

Like a man once said...all good things must come to an end.

This adventure in Rapture had its ups and its downs, the pain of being shot fitting into the latter by far. Twice. But even still, overall? It was an experience for the history books. One she would never allow herself to forget, with all the zany situations and eccentric friends that came with it. Speaking of which...Gwen pulled out the gun she had been gifted with by Mister Gregor as she tried to find him in the crowd. When she did, she strode right over and held it out. "Here. I believe this belongs to you, more than me. Thanks for letting me borrow it for a while. It is a cool gun, after all." She remarked with a pearly white smile. When he refused, citing letting her keep it as a souvenir. He insisted, rather strongly. That gave her an idea.

She scoured the crowd once more, on the lookout for that wild haired, cereal lover who had a knack for popping up out of the blue when it was least expected. Helena had been unnerving...but also strangely protective? And hey...being normal was overrated after all. Once found she jogged up to her, tempted to hug but restraining herself at the last second. "I...I know it is the end of this craziness so you won't need my gun for anything going on here...but...I want you to have it. If you still want it. I mean you are a real assassin, probably have more and better use of it than I will. And more importantly, if this is the last time we meet in this crazy multiverse...it'd be a souvenir."

3rXyiIo.jpg

"Good old days."

With that she waited a bit longer to see if there was any reply forthcoming before she turned and dashed for the portals leading to the Coalition. Her question hadn't been answered! And even if the answer to her question was no...well, she could think of a lot worse jobs than multiversal hero, righting wrongs throughout the worlds.

@Verite @OrlandoBloomers @Indolent @Atomyk @Jeremi @others​

Epilogue

Killinger had left with the Monarch to return him to his rightful place next to his wife. Symmetra too had said some final goodbyes before taking her leave. While a spot on the Coalition was tempting, she surmised that it would be much too chaotic of a working space for her to survive.

As all of this was happening on Rapture, on Columbia the Luteces would be looking over the horizon.

"Well that was something."

"No one blew up."

"Jack survived."

"Yes that was a weird one."

"Peace and quiet has returned now though. Speaking of which...we're the owners of Columbia now...right?"

"I assume so. DeWitt wont have it that's for sure. Though the question there is..."

"What now? Steady on as usual?"

"A bit boring isn't it?"

"Perhaps. What pray tell should we do then?"

"Well I was thinking of selling it..."

"Huh...that's a new one."

The End!​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk
Scott's Epilogue- A Beacon of Home

Scott stared at the portals and knew what he needed to do, he stepped through the portal and made his first stop at the coalition and got his badge to travel between the two worlds that he needed to go home and he pressed it, arriving back at Beacon Hills, looking around his room and wondering how he had survived that craziness without his pack, he wasn't quite certain about that. He walked down the steps and stared for a brief moment. " Hello, is anyone home?" He asked, as he went to the fridge. His mother hadn't left him a note and he turned his head, that was certainly strange. He exited the house and noticed it immediately, something was off about Beacon Hills. Nobody was outside his house.

He walked to the school and noticed the quietness and around, maybe it was just too early for anyone. When he finally arrived, he noticed that Lydia and Liam were outside along with his mother. " Guys, is everything okay?" He asked.

Before he could get a response, Scott's mother ran up to him and gave him a hug. " You're okay, I was so worried about you. You disappeared, then Stiles, then the others, it was crazy. Before I knew it, Lydia, Liam and myself were the only left in town, Scott, do you know what is going on?"

Scott paused and looked at his mother and the others. " What do you mean that everyone has vanished?" He asked.

Lydia paused and rubbed her chin. " Well, not everyone. There are many inhabitants, but anyone who is connected to us has up and vanished, it doesn't make any sense. We all assumed that it was connected to you, but now that you are back, it doesn't seem so. It's really confusing."

Liam looked over his shoulder. " Where have you been for the past week?" He asked.

Scott paused and looked at the remanents of his pack and his mother. This wasn't normal and it wasn't some supernatural force, something was working outside of here, it was the only thing that made sense to him. " I wasn't- I can't- It's complicated and I can't tell you, just trust me. I think the disappearances is connected to what happened to me, but I can't directly tell you what it is, but I can show you. Please take my hand, we're about to go to well, I will let someone else explain what is happening," he said.

He didn't care that he was breaking rules- something was off and he could feel it, as he dragged his two friends and his mother to the Coalition base.

----------------------------------------------------------
After his mother and the others had been debriefed, and he had gotten into a ton of trouble, he retired to a room...but he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, something impossible. " Allison, how are-"

He was cut off by her. " It's a long story, follow me and I will tell you."

To be continued in a blog post.

Samael/Winslow Epilogue

So. This is what it had all come down to. All the fighting, all the bloodshed.

All of it was just for some soup and fancy words. Winslow couldn't quite believe it. He almost wanted to laugh! He had gotten himself killed twice over once his curse faded and it was all leading up to this. But Winslow couldn't bring himself to laugh. He was simply far too tired for that. Glancing around at those who remained gathered Winslow sighed. He couldn't bring himself to say goodbye.

Not if it meant that this would have been the last time they'd see Winslow alive.

For the musician knew what was coming next now that all of this was said and done. He'd be taking his final steps off this self-perpetuating tragedy that was the mortal coil. Shifting through the crowd, Winslow stopped as he glanced down at Samael.

"Are you ready to go..?"

Soup was cool. Not worth actually taking, though. She could whip some up any time she wanted with fairly minimal effort, so what would be the point? If anything it'd probably be a burden on her, considering how much soup would be required for an immortal's life span. Did they have infinite soup? She'd like to see that, but even she already knew the answer to that question.

Samael took a last look around at everyone. The group of kids taking a picture, and...everyone else, whatever they were doing. She wasn't quite sure, exactly but she didn't really care either.

As for the offer to join some thingy that wanted to go around stopping things like this, whatever this was? She'd have to decline for now. The existence of these happenings held her interest. Perhaps next time she'd even purposely appear on the other side, given these things happened often. Whichever side seemed more interesting whenever it came around. If it came around.

Thoughts broken by the sudden words directed at her, the angel blinked a few times before scratching the back of her head.

"Guess you're not really the type to say good-bye, huh? Well, that's about what I expected anyway. Just gimme a second then..."

Grabbing Winslow by the arm, she slowly hovered into the sky, cupping her mouth with her free hand.

PH93llL.png

"Bye everyone, nice killing with you~!"

Smiling childishly, she waved farewell as she and Winslow began to disappear. Angels could traverse the parallel worlds on a whim, so it'd be more convenient for the two if she simply took them away on their own rather than leaving it to this "Coalition." Coalition of what, exactly, anyway?

Didn't matter anymore.

Soon, they rematerialized inside Winslow's room. A place with a keyboard, enclosed by a brick wall, littered with music sheets. The place where they'd met each other.

"Well, that adventure wasn't boring at all, so I'm in a good mood. Let's see, what was it exactly that you wanted me to do?"

Winslow glanced over to those he had met while stuck here. The likes of Jesse Custer who had seen a noble man in Winslow. But the musician simply couldn't believe that there was anymore a shred of good in him after all that had happened. He'd strayed too far and he'd soon be meeting his maker. Perhaps then Winslow could finally ask 'God' why he felt the need to make Winslow's life a recurring joke. There was another reason that Winslow declined on saying goodbye to Jesse.

Goodbyes were always the hardest to give and given what Winslow was about to do? He didn't imagine Jesse would have approved but Winslow's mind was set. No longer would he remain on a world that had treated him like dirt. If the land of the living would not have him than perhaps the realm of the dead would.

Then there was the sea witch, Wada. She had been kind to Winslow, not out of pity. But out of an innate kind nature. Something that surprised the musician given how the people he had encountered back home were cutthroats who wouldn't spare a dime if it didn't help them in one way or another. But again Winslow couldn't bring himself to give his departings to Wada. Not when he knew full well it'd be the last goodbye he'd ever give.

Which is why Winslow simply hung his head in silence and waited until Samael worked her magic. Leaving them in the place where their budding friendship had began. In Winslow's own personal hell. Surrounded by sheets of music that he was drugged up to produce all day and all night and trapped in with a brick wall.

Tonight would be the night it ended. All of it.

The music, Swan, and Winslow himself.

500full-phantom-of-the-paradise-screenshot.jpg

"I want to get revenge on the man who turned me into the monster you see before you. But I cannot bring his life to a close despite my best efforts." Winslow turned towards Samael and glanced down at her. "You can however. You can end this miserable chapter in my life!"

Ah, right, it was something like that wasn't it? The main and obvious problem here was that she had no idea who exactly she was supposed to kill. She'd long forgotten his name, and she couldn't tell something like who had ruined Winslow's life through eyesight. Going on a rampage and taking everyone'slives would work, but Samael didn't have any particular reason to do that.

wIxYcCP.png

"Got it, got it. Let's see, I guess the first thing to do is to get out of here?"

Approaching the door, she kicked it with her small foot, blowing through it and the surrounding wall with ease.

"So who is he, and what does he look like? I'm an angel, not omniscient, you know."

While looking back over her shoulder at Winslow, she swung her scythe, decapitating all of the guards standing outside in an instant.

Winslow watched in awe as Samael tore through the wall Swan's goons had put up as if it were nothing more than wet tissue paper. Then before the guards could even react, their heads were lopped off and their bodies crumpling. Stepping out through the hole Samael had gracefully made, Winslow kicked one of the heads out of his way as he grit his teeth together.

"His name...is Swan. He's the music producer who stole my music. Stole my music and turned me into a monster! A phantom! He's probably hiding out in his office and I just so happen to know where it is. Whatever happens to me at this point doesn't matter. Just stay behind me." Winslow murmured as he began to sprint down the wall with his cape billowing behind him.

giphy.gif

"SWAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!"

Various guards having heard the disturbance Samael and Winslow had been making rushed out of the rooms with pistols drawn. Opening fire on Winslow, the bullets tore through Winslow's chest and left tears in his cape. But he had come this far! He wasn't going to be stopped now! Drawing his knife, Winslow leaped at the wall of guards and tackled some of them to the ground.

He wasn't trained as a fighter so it wasn't the most graceful landing. But when you were immortal and had a knife, who needed finesse? Stabbing the guards he had knocked over multiple times, Winslow slugged the closest guard in the jaw to knock him off balance befoe leaving the rest for Samael to deal with as she wished.

"I'M COMING FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"

Swan had heard the sounds of his guards being slaughtered through his loudspeakers in his private office. He wasn't quite sure how Winslow had escaped his studio room but he supposed that it didn't really matter. Winslow could kill as many of the hired help as he wished. He knew full well that it didn't change a damn thing. Winslow couldn't kill him and he couldn't kill Winslow, a endless cycle of hate.

1974_POTP07.jpg

But he couldn't help but spare a glance over to his door as he heard something slamming against it. As if something heavy were being thrown against it.

"Winslow? Is that you? That door is reinforced steel, Winslow. If you think you can-" Swan stopped himself as the door buckled and toppled back leaving Winslow standing among a pile of mutilated body parts that used to be Swan's guards. Not at all perturbed by the sight, Swan turned in his chair to face Winslow as he approached.

"Well Winslow, I will admit one thing. You've certainly made a fine mess of the place. But I'm not quite sure what exactly is you're trying to prove here. You slaughtered my men, yes. But men can be replaced and you can be locked up. Much more securely it seems. So, what were you trying to accomplish here?"

"You'll see...Come on in." Winslow murmured as he turned towards the doorway. Swan raised an eyebrow as he crossed one leg over the other. "Oh? You brought a friend with you, Winslow?"

"Ahaha! If you're a monster, what does that make me?"

She chose to ignore the obvious answer of a fallen angel.

"Well, not like it matters. Since your request is killing, I might've just ended up going for it whether you wanted me to or not."

9g2wq70.jpg

Holding her scythe along her back, Samael simply kept in step with Winslow as he crudely put down a guard. Then another, and another and another until he finished the last one near him with a hard shot to the jaw. Taking his screaming and running as her cue to step back in, she raised her scythe and gave a few warning swings, the remaining guards seeming to back off in fear.

"Ah, cowards. Scared of a young girl just because she has a scythe?"

Two of the guards fired their guns, only to find their arms flying up towards the ceiling. A cruel, grim smile not befitting her body spread across the angel's face, her scythe's blade coated with the color red.

"That was the right decision~"

The rest of the guards screamed and scrambled to get away from Samael. A few shot backwards, hoping that perhaps the reaper would go down if shot by a bullet, or at least be slowed down. Yet she only accelerated, arriving right next to the group of guards as the bullet left the barrel of the gun. Body parts, blood, and organs splattered into the air as a single diagonal slice imperfectly bisected every one of them, covering herself with the crimson hue of victory.

The only thing left was a girl smiling amidst the scattered pieces of flesh that was once human. At least, until she detected a man larger than the rest begin to approach her from behind...

A guard strode into Swan's office, blood coating his fists and face. He wore a neutral expression, which seemed to naturally curve into more of a frown. He raised his fists to crack his blood covered knuckles as he stared down Winslow.

It seemed Swan had more powerful allies than anyone had anticipated.

Not saying a word, he staggered towards the phantom, towering over him as he seemed to look down on him. Physically and in place of Swan, to remind the broken monster of his place in this relationship.

The thing was, it all only seemed that way.

In a blur of motion, the man was replaced with a short girl with blonde hair dressed in light blue as she practically teleported right next to the destroyer of Winslow's life. Grabbing the back of his head, she slammed his head into ground, shaking the whole building as his face was used like a wrecking ball against the ground, shattering it in the shape of the man's face. She walked around towards his head, tugging his hair to force him to look at her.

"Hehe, you really thought it was your guard, didn't you? Sorry, but he died a lot like everyone else did, but he tried his best to stop me! I mean, it didn't amount to much, so it was pretty pointless in the end."

Lifting him with one arm, Samael held him up towards Winslow.

"Whatcha wanna do with him? I could just end him here, but I think we can make it more fun, don't you?"

"N-No it can't be! H-How could you have defeated her?! My plans, they're ruined! THEY'RE ALL RUINED! NOOOOOOOOO!" Winslow shrieked as the 'guard' closed in on him and Swan smiled. "Yes, do please teach Winslow the pecking order of Death Records. Then, once you're done clean up this-"

Suddenly the guard was gone and Swan barely managed to catch a glimpse of what appeared to be a young girl behind him. "..Mess??" Before he could do anything further, he was smashed into his desk splitting it straight down the middle and leaving a crack in the floor. The impact certainly shattered Swan's glasses and Winslow stumbled.

The injury to Swan meant Winslow's own injuries were starting to open up. But he couldn't afford to die yet. Not before Swan died first. Clutching at his chest as blood began to seep out from the stab wound his heart had taken, Winslow coughed out.

"Cut off his limbs...One by one! The loss of each limb will represent everything he's taken from me!"

uC7SsKP.jpg

Swan couldn't even begin to comprehend what was happening. One moment the guard had been standing there. Ready to break Winslow in a manner that amused Swan. But now the guard was gone and in his place, a little girl. One that seemed delighted at the prospect of torturing him! Seeing the blood run down from Winslow's wound, Swan coughed up a wad of blood.

"D-Don't you remember the terms of our contract, Winslow? We terminate together! So what if you've found someone who can harm me? We'll reach the same end! I go and you follow behind! Why not make these last few moments pleasant ones?"

"I am. Samael, do it."

"Oho? One by one, huh? You're a cruel, cruel man."

Giggling to herself, Samael threw him on his back to the ground. She placed her scythe directly underneath his left armpit. Slowly but consistently like a machine, the scythe began to rip at the joint that held the arm in its place, chewing through flesh and bone before she finally pulled it free. Blood ran freely and fountained into the air, as if following the newly loose arm.

PH93llL.png

"One!"

Stomping on what remained of Swan's shoulder, she positioned her scythe under his other armpit, continuing to smile as the blood soaked her features. Once again the sound of metal cleaving through flesh and bone rang throughout the room, joining the symphony of gushing blood and Swan's screams.

"Two!"

This time, Swan's inner thigh was the angel's victim. Continuing methodically, she didn't slice it off cleanly with one good swing. Just like the arms, she took a slow and steady pace to feel the tendons break, veins bisected, bones rend. His leg flew off, Samael catching it in midair as she pushed a little harder through the last bit of Swan's leg.

"Three! You're weak, so weak. How did you even manage to take anything in the first place? I feel like a bully. Not that that really bothers me, hehe!"

She stomped on Swan's face with his own leg, grinding the leg owner's face under its own heel, before throwing it hard against a wall. Then she finally prepared to take off the final limb. Once more blood gushed forth, the sound of blood almost rivaling that of a raging river due to its sheer quantity. Smacking her blood covered lips, Samael spun her scythe around before holding it straight up, like a hammer of judgment.

"That was four! Bye-bye uh, whatever your name was. Sorry, I already forgot."

A dark green, nasty, viscous liquid coated the blade of Samael's scythe. It was the venom that represented her, her most powerful attack that slayed mortals and immortals, humans and angels. All were the same before her potent venom.

And with her immortal slaying blade she reaped the life of the satanic record producer, Swan.

latest

"Agh! Winslow! S-Stop this! You'll never see Phoenix again! You'll be bleeding out on the floor just like me!" Swan screeched in an attempt to get Winslow to call off this demented child. But Winslow stayed the course. He had already sealed his own fate with the heart wound, the rest of the wound were simply helping to speed up the process. He had lost any and all chances to see Phoenix after he had attempted to take his own life.

Which meant that the only thing left for him was to watch Swan die. The monster who had stolen Winslow's music, got him thrown into prison and got his teeth pulled, who lead to Winslow getting his face crushed between a record press. He was finally getting his comeuppance and even as tears started to appear on Winslow's costume, he couldn't have been happier.

"Hahahahaha! Yes, that's the way Samael! Savor each and every blow!"

The screams Swan made may as well have been the greatest 'music' Swan had ever made and to be fair to Swan? This time it was wholly original. But even as bones began to crack and Winslow's left leg snapped like a twig as the damage finally started to catch up with him, Winslow tumbled to the ground. But even that couldn't break his good mood.

tumblr_m2jxwwAT6w1qedb29o1_500.gif

"M-Make him pay for...EVERYTHING!!!"

The sound of metal burning/slicing through flesh kept that grin plastered on Winslow's face. The pain he was feeling from bullet wounds, stab wounds, broken bones and the like was absolutely immense and excruciating! But he didn't care one bit. This would be Swan's end and so too would it be his!

As Swan's last limb was cleaved off and he struggled to keep his eyes open as the massive blood loss was draining his will to go on, he coughed up a storm.

"W...What do you think you've accomplished Winslow..? You've killed me..But you still have nothing...Nothing! Heh..."

Winslow's own breath by this point was ragged, likely to do with all the damage to his internal organs from the bullet wounds. Drawing his knife, Winslow clutched onto the chunk of his arm that had been torn wide open by a machete earlier as he started to crawl towards a record player Swan had sitting nearby in his office. Likely to amuse himself whenever he stole particularly good songs from people like Winslow.

"That's where you're wrong, Swan. I do have something...I have...Your life."

As blood dripped onto the record, Winslow shakily slipped it onto the track and placed the needle atop it as the music began to play.

Slumping himself up against the record player's table, Winslow flashed a grin over at Swan as the music filled the office along the sound of blood running out of fresh wounds. Swan couldn't help but be the slightest bit amused himself. Winslow had finally gotten one over on him. Bombing the Juicy Fruits hadn't done it, threatening his life hadn't done it, but now Winslow was using his own music against him as he lay dying.

"Heh...Heh. You've won this round, Winslow...I'll see you down below..." With that Swan's head lulled to the side as his eyes rolled up into his head and Winslow fell over onto the floor with a pool of blood quickly forming under him.

"...Thank you, Samael. I lost...everything because of him. But thanks to you, I got all that I could have wanted. Thank you.." With that Winslow's own eye began to drift shut. Was this really the ending he'd been hoping for? He almost felt like he didn't deserve it. The universe had yet to play one last cruel joke on Winslow Leach.

But, perhaps that itself was the final joke.

To keep Winslow guessing what would happen next even in his final moments. But nothing would come. Death Records was in ruins, corpses were strewn all over the place, Swan was dead and Winslow wasn't too far behind. Were their still things Winslow wished could have been different? Of course! He wished he had gotten to give his thanks to Jesse for believing in him when everyone else had given up hope and to Wada for helping him against all odds.

But you didn't always get what you wanted and you had to make due with what you got. So, that's exactly what Winslow would do. As his eye finally shut and the knife fell from his hand, The Phantom finally perished.

giphy.gif

He'd already mentioned it before, but it was still a little surprising that for every wound she inflicted on Swan, it came back to bite Winslow. Samael hadn't let that slow her down, though. It was what he, her friend, wanted, even at the cost of his own life. In fact, it'd be worse if she'd let that stop her from doing what she did.

Still, this was the end of the road. Like it was a cheap doll, she'd disassembled the mechanisms that had ensnared the phantom for so long.

But her talents were geared for combat, death, destruction. She poisoned the days of creation, and the days of the end. And so she bestowed agonizing death upon all that lives.

But she only bestowed it. Taking it back was out of her reach.

Her head felt strangely empty as she finished off Swan. Ah, that's right. Winslow was dead too. The telepathic link between them was automatically severed for there was no mind to be linked with.

She almost wished Swan had been a more terrible foe. She hadn't felt any pain throughout her entire rampage. It was like playing a game with all the cheats active for too long. It felt empty. The only reminder that she'd accomplished something was the corpse of her friend. She'd killed on his behalf, not her own. Yet she hadn't even managed to say anything before he passed on.

Her perennial grin fell as she stepped out of the bloodied room. Not a soul was left inside. No guards, no Swan, no Winslow. That left nothing for her in this world.

90G9GUM.png

"...Hope that made you happy."

She took off into the sky, aimlessly shifting dimensions, moving to different worlds. Ah, would she find something so entertaining again? Or was this the real hell, condemned to eternal boredom? No matter where she went, she couldn't find her old friend, nor even any of her numerous old enemies. That was right, everything was falling apart when she'd died. Lilith must have finished the job. Had Setsuna failed, even with their fusion?

She couldn't do anything about it now anyway.

Finally, there was only one last thing to try, then.

"Let's visit the old place then."

Hell. It wasn't the blazing bonfire many expected. In fact, it was completely flooded over. Cerberus no longer guarded the gate. At least this much looked familiar. The first familiar thing she'd encountered ever since first waking up, and of course it was Hell itself. She walked through the gate of Hell, the huge gates opening as if to welcome her. Keeping the high water pressure at bay with a barrier, the gates closed shut without letting in an inch of water.

Hell's Tokyo Babel, First Floor.

Just as empty as she remembered it. God had purged heaven of its angels and hell of its demons and the fallen. So nothing truly remained here, souls vanishing into the nether, never able to recover. Even eternal reincarnation was cut off. Samael huffed triumphantly, as if that was what she'd already expected. Winslow's soul couldn't come here when God himself had forbidden it. It was straight up impossi-

A sharp sensation like an electric current pierced the angel's mind.

Telepathy.

The ground where Samael once was exploded as she dashed towards its source. Still on the first floor, but hidden away in a building somewhere. In no time at all, she busted through the building's eighth floor, confronting an unmistakably ridiculous-looking bird mask.

"Even when you die, you don't, huh? You're gonna make it look like I can't do my job, you know?"

How had his soul made it here? If his was here, where was everyone else's? Far more than just Winslow had died recently. Swan's soul should be around if Winslow's had made it, yet nary a soul was within her detection range.

Ah, who cared.

Without understanding a single thing, the two friends laughed at the unexpected reuinion.

End

Collab between Mark (Chewy Rabbits) and myself

@Chewy Rabbits @anyoneelseinterested​

Hayasaka Mirei's Epilogue - I.N.D.I.V.I.D.U.A.L.S.

cjDOPwY.png

"Home at last, huh?"

Mirei looks around at what appears to be her room. It was complete with her plushies and her fine bed. Looking at her shelves, she places her items on her shelves. She admires the Beaststone, then Kana's silver scales, then Wadanohara's gift, and finally McCree's old cowboy hat. Upon gazing at the latter, she formed her hands into a gun-like figure, mimicking a pistol.

oXY7KPL.png

"It's high noon! Pew pew! Pew pew!"

McCree wasn't near anymore. Neither was Keaton, Kana or Wadanohara. Or Gramps. Or Father Lucifer. They just disappeared without a trace. Was it a dream? Her face lowered upon this thought.

Just then, Mirei's phone rang. A missed call was added to the list of 34. All from one man.

She calls his number.

n0dMxd6.png

"What are you, a creepy stalker?"

"Mirei!" the voice resonates in her ears. "It's my job as a legitimate businessman to make sure you're safe. What do you think I am, that sister of mine? I couldn't get to you for an entire hour! It's a good thing the plot convenience fairy made sure your parents had to work overseas."

mKSgCsB.png

"Really though, th- thanks Producer..." Mirei sobs in mixed tears of joy and sadness, "I'm just glad you're still here after I've been gone a few days..."

"Time flies huh? I guess you really have been to a different dimension and stuff. I know it's a weekend tomorrow, but I was- wait, are you crying?"

mKSgCsB.png

"N- no! I'm not crying! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I'm feeling A-OK! Positive! OK?"

"I see- Mirei? Mi-"

She hung up.

dpeyrHi.png

"So... it wasn't a dream after all huh?"

Mirei raises her phone to check her photographs.

gMk6hg8.png

It really wasn't a dream
They were not illusions

They were...

... real friends

WBJfeMo.png

"Goddamnit Mirei, I wanted that Neko-ARC as a pet!" Producer taps away on his keyboard as he comments.

uQOOWIi.png

"You are the last person I expected to hear that from. Do you have any idea how annoying those things are?" Mirei asks while sitting on the couch, reading a fashion magazine.

"Not at all. Couldn't hurt."

iPlzNRf.png

"That's ridiculously masochistic. If you get one, you should probably get Akiha to neuter its rocket boosters and reprogram it or something. You don't exactly have anyone guarding the house and there's no way you can just bring it to work. And you're anything but a responsible pet owner."

"People bring the tyrannies known as Iguanas. How bad could it get? Also, Mirei, I'm good with horses. Proud, prancing mares."

They were interrupted by two voices underneath Producer's workdesk.

GCrFl7e.png

"Wh- what were you talking about? M- Morikubo didn't get any of that."

jPawWGb.png

"Fuhihi... you see, Bonono... they were talking about-"

Before she could finish, Producer raised her from her position and prevented the next word from emerging from her mouth.

5vqltgj.png

"TMI, pal, absolutely TMI!" Producer exclaims. "Multiverse Directive!"

gx39sbX.png

"A... alright... don't need to overreact... my friend... Yeesh, you're so defensive."

2Pcq61N.png

"Directive? They had rules for that?"

6FyAgNf.png

"Are you all... OK? Morikubo thinks you're all acting weird..."

"Nothing wrong at all, Nono. Never better. The only thing that could ruin the mood for the next few days of the week is some black-and-white cartoonish bear thing with an oddly specific description that I cannot pinpoint. But everyone knows that that can't happen on a fine week like this."

FWEqE5t.jpg

"That is ridiculously specific," Mirei says with moderate sarcasm, "where did that come from, anyways?"

WBJfeMo.png

"No clue. No clue at all. Anyways, we've got a rehearsal to attend to," Producer stands and claps his hands, "alright girls, ready for another day of lessons?"

AXycwyL.png

"Ready whenever you are, Producer!"
"Let's go... my friend..."
"Morikubo isn't feeling too well... c- can you call Daddy?"

With the latter statement, everyone burst into laughter.

It was a happy ending for Mirei and her friends - whether it be old, new, from another realm or close to home.

~The End~

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Takumi
@Kawaiikrew at peace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.